Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 948753 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #7740 on: February 23, 2020, 06:44:17 PM »
I want a new F-Zero  :hmph
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7741 on: February 23, 2020, 07:46:12 PM »
Finished Astral Chain. It was ok....

I don't know, I had fun when I was in combat, but outside of combat the game was kind of boring. Like the investigations in each chapter before the combat portions were really just stale, super uninteresting stuff. Busy work, that did'nt real do anything for me. Surprisingly, for an anime tv game it kind of failed to take a very obvious episodic structure. The investigation parts should have felt less like walk around and look for shit busy work, but instead interactions with the supporting cast. I don't want to say like some visual novel esque stuff, but at least things that fill out the background cast. Who quite frankly suck. Leading to the story being so whatever to me. I mean it's already not a very engaging story with just lame villains with super trite and been there seen there motivations and turns. The whole thing has the look and feel of something someone who likes Japanese anime should really vibe with and feel the homage to it, it's just the execution lacks any real style to it.  But a meh plot like this could have been saved by the cast, but like I said the cast hardly feels there and your character dosen't talk. And the other sibling is just going through the motions of this story.

But yeah the combat was fun. I still feel a little janky. I mean I for sure feel some of the platforming where you have to move the Legion and the general control of the best legion are super wonky.  But when I say fun I mean it in a "hey it's a Platinum game" kind of way. Their games are always of at least a standard. So it's fun, but I also did'nt feel the need to dig deeper into it. Not like Bayonetta or Vanquish were I want to learn the tricks for better replays. Obviously theres cool stuff with the Legions, but the basic entry stuff seemed good enough.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #7742 on: February 24, 2020, 09:21:34 AM »
Funny for me the combat was the weak point, where as the world was pretty cool.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #7743 on: February 24, 2020, 06:12:58 PM »
I actually started Astral Chain as well, just completed the 3rd chapter... a bit disappointed since it's not really what I expected. I expected a more straightforward less gimmicky Platinum action game but this feels more like W101 or MG Rising (my B tier of Platinum) than Bayonetta or Vanquish (my A tier of Platinum). The dual stick controls of the legion feel a bit tough to get used to and fairly janky, and the more complicated environmental geometry means it's a lot easier to get stuck into some place you can't get the fuck out of easily. Hitstun also seems a bit longer than Platinum's other games. Some fights against bigger enemies just haven't been as fun because of that.

The cyberpunk world and the music is awesome, though I'm not nuts about the alternate dimension. It reminds me of a final dungeon in one of the blander Tales games, I've already been there a few times already and it doesn't seem to have much variety.

The more detailed upgrade system is kinda cool, but the "detective" areas I can see getting old rather quickly. Especially since the worldbuilding isn't really there (considering the last game I played was CS3, I'll admit my expectations are pretty skewed) and I really am attracted to Platinum games because they're quick to get started and kick some ass.
^_^

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7744 on: February 25, 2020, 09:33:14 AM »
I have like 240 hours in switch Overwatch now :depression

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7745 on: February 25, 2020, 01:50:46 PM »

There's something about being able to play this on this platform, particularly as a handheld game, that's just so awesome.  Would love to see CoD on here.
ど助平

Chooky

« Reply #7746 on: February 25, 2020, 03:45:34 PM »
you can get Doom 1 2 and 3 for $6 total today. legendary deal

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7747 on: February 25, 2020, 05:21:24 PM »

There's something about being able to play this on this platform, particularly as a handheld game, that's just so awesome.  Would love to see CoD on here.

Something about the game is so addictive for me. I’ve been playing a lot of custom games lately, specifically a gun game mode where you rotate through the roster a character per kill in a up to 12 player ffa death match with reduced cool downs / spawn with an ult. Very twitchy and fun, and I win a lot so I like that too

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #7748 on: February 25, 2020, 11:30:27 PM »
On the last chapter of Astral Chain. It's okay. I was really digging it up till chapter 6-7, then the repetition kinda set in. I like the aesthetic a lot, but the characters/writing are...ehh.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7749 on: February 26, 2020, 03:57:25 PM »

Yeah overwatch on switch is great but cod would be heroin

Im baffled activi$ion hasn't made it happen since it was even on DS and COD mobile is legit too

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7750 on: February 26, 2020, 03:58:11 PM »
i'm shocked cod isn't on switch. they put it on pii u but not switch?

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7751 on: February 26, 2020, 04:30:31 PM »
They could port cod mobile in a weekend and make bank

Its free money

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7752 on: February 26, 2020, 09:52:09 PM »
I’ve held off double dipping on the Witcher because I barely played it on Xbox but I’m definitely going to buy it now that I have to fly to Minnesota lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7753 on: February 27, 2020, 07:33:50 AM »
Kemono Heroes

Grabbed this off the J-eShop last night while getting the new Samurai Shodown season pass- it's from Madgear Games, who also made A Hole New World, and is an action-platformer that up to four people can play at the same time (local only).  Has nice sprite work and music, but something is weird about the way game scrolls- it seems almost kind of choppy and slow a lot of the time, like it's not 60 FPS.  Still plays well enough despite this, but just looks jarring and janky. 

You generally just run to the right and can't go back to the left, slashing/shooting enemies and getting money to buy power-ups and items to enhance characters/weapons.  I got a grappling hook after beating the first boss, too. Overall it's a decent reminder of the 16-bit platformer glory days and has good enemy variety from the first five levels I tried, but also feels too 'jank' in its current state and its as if this was a Steam early-access game released on the Switch.  It's also a bit too easy.

They also claim that the game is different "every day of the year," but this is apparently just weather effects changing daily.  The game runs entirely in English, yet seems to have no release date elsewhere.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 07:39:21 AM by bork »
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #7754 on: February 27, 2020, 09:23:13 AM »
Probably posted in thread, but the classic Doom ports are really good. I was looking at it and didn't realize they shipped busted.

Chooky

« Reply #7755 on: February 27, 2020, 08:50:33 PM »
1 & 2 both include final doom, sigil, and some other fan campaign for free. was really nice and i hope they'll release more.

oops and 2 also includes that amazing campaign from the 360 port too.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #7756 on: February 27, 2020, 10:51:50 PM »
I wish sigil had the real soundtrack.  :'(

Still, if you don’t hate doom that’s a lot of game for $3.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7757 on: March 05, 2020, 12:15:43 PM »
https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/1235565731900567553

Looks just like PSP to me.  Never played these, so interested.
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #7758 on: March 05, 2020, 01:02:22 PM »
Games were real tough. Like Ghosts and Goblins with a Disgaea skin. Enjoyed the first one on psp.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #7759 on: March 05, 2020, 01:52:43 PM »
As a hardcore Falcom fan, all these recent NIS announcements have been soul crushing to me. Where's my Ys 9, CS4, and Crosbell Kai?
^_^

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #7760 on: March 05, 2020, 02:22:41 PM »
More like Failcom.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7761 on: March 05, 2020, 02:44:14 PM »
As a hardcore Falcom fan, all these recent NIS announcements have been soul crushing to me. Where's my Ys 9, CS4, and Crosbell Kai?

Burning in hell, with the Vita.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7762 on: March 06, 2020, 06:42:39 AM »
The Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea has rated Megadimension Neptunia VII for Switch.

ど助平

Occam

« Reply #7763 on: March 06, 2020, 10:02:29 AM »
This Resident Evil rip-off is due out soon.

Looks unfun.

You may laugh at me now. I was bored, so I got Heaven Dust despite not being impressed by the video. And it's indeed a very shameless (and inferior) Chinese Resident Evil clone. Difficulty is low, there is an abundance of health items (that you won't really need because you can save whenever you like; when you reload you are transported to the last room with a storage chest you visited). The puzzles are logical for the most part but made more difficult by the game's bad English (and if you get really stuck, you can purchase hints). There was one problem with collision detection when moving a box which got stuck in a wall, forcing you to reload (in the room with the half-crest key near the beginning of the game). Basically, all you do is move back and forth between locations to solve the relatively uninspired puzzles (you can very slightly upgrade your sluggish speed, but you can only carry 6 items at a time). As far as I can tell, unless you waste all your bullets and fail to pick up or make new ones (and thus become unable to kill zombies that block the way), the game can't become unwinnable. There is only one gun and only 3 or 4 differently skinned zombies, and one final boss, so little variety.
For some reason I felt compelled to complete it, which took me about 3-4 hours. Not exactly shovelware, but not very far from it, either. At least it's cheap. 6/10.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 10:14:17 AM by Occam »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #7764 on: March 06, 2020, 10:52:23 AM »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #7765 on: March 08, 2020, 12:14:20 AM »
Buy Murder by Numbers

Here's why

- you play as an empowered female against all odds in a men fueled world
- she is hygenic, as the first thing you find is her tampon
- it has the guy who did phoenix wrights music
- the guy pretty much ripped wholesale all of phoenix wrights musical cues (like, all of it)
- it has a cute chubby cop who isnt wearing an undershirt
- it has picross
- its exponentially cheaper than some shitty game you were looking at probably
fat

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #7767 on: March 12, 2020, 01:29:53 PM »

What...

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7768 on: March 12, 2020, 02:32:06 PM »
The changing expressions is pretty cool.  Wish they had that kind of shit when I was a kid.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #7769 on: March 12, 2020, 03:37:10 PM »
I was skeptical at first, but it's kinda cool how they're making it different.  Would still rather they do more traditional sets....  Especially for Zelda.  My kids would go ape shit.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7770 on: March 12, 2020, 05:58:26 PM »

:pika
🤴

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7771 on: March 12, 2020, 06:04:44 PM »
SNOT construction hnnnggg

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7772 on: March 13, 2020, 02:45:51 PM »
Blade Runner is coming to Switch   8)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7773 on: March 13, 2020, 03:59:05 PM »
I'm really liking this new trend of porting older PC games to consoles.
dog

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7774 on: March 14, 2020, 10:45:26 AM »
Already bought Bulletstorm and Animal Crossing during this quarantine.

But what am I playing? Witcher 3?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Season 20 Diablo 3
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7775 on: March 15, 2020, 08:30:48 AM »
I was skeptical at first, but it's kinda cool how they're making it different.  Would still rather they do more traditional sets....  Especially for Zelda.  My kids would go ape shit.

Demon voice: "THE PACT IS SEALED"

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1238780673504292864
🤴

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7776 on: March 15, 2020, 01:33:32 PM »
Lmao this quarantine I pre ordered feel good time waster Animal Crossing. Digital.

Never even played this franchise beyond 25 min on ipad with my daughter.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7777 on: March 15, 2020, 01:59:08 PM »
Lmao this quarantine I pre ordered feel good time waster Animal Crossing. Digital.

Never even played this franchise beyond 25 min on ipad with my daughter.

Shut in and quarantined within our homes, we will now experience the outside world through Animal Crossing.
 :corona_mj
ど助平

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #7778 on: March 15, 2020, 05:35:57 PM »
Hit the big 150 hours in Asphalt 9.

And they finally released the major update. New tracks, new cars, and new ways to milk the whales.
:O

Svejk

« Reply #7779 on: March 16, 2020, 07:50:16 AM »

This is great news.. at the same time, makes me want to smack Lego around too.  YES.  WHY HASN'T THIS HAPPENED LIKE 10 YEARS AGO. WTF.  WHY DO YOU HATE MONEY.

Lego folks are kinda dicks actually.  My daughter wrote to Nintendo (pen and paper) asking if they could consider making BOTW dolls (she was 9 at the time).  She eventually got a letter back from someone there that they appreciated her feedback, consider it, and gave her some Nintendo themed bookmarks.   My son wrote to Lego in a similar fashion when he was 7 about them reconsidering bringing back certain Knight/Castle/Kingdom, retired sets....  Fucking crickets... No response or anything... Been 2 years now.   A simple "Thanks for your letter" or something would've been fine.   Fucking assholes.  And I've spent well over $1K on your products the past 2-3 years.  If I could pirate your shit, I would, Lego.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7780 on: March 16, 2020, 07:58:29 AM »
Well if you get a good enough abs printer

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #7781 on: March 17, 2020, 08:39:38 AM »

This is great news.. at the same time, makes me want to smack Lego around too.  YES.  WHY HASN'T THIS HAPPENED LIKE 10 YEARS AGO. WTF.  WHY DO YOU HATE MONEY.

Lego folks are kinda dicks actually.  My daughter wrote to Nintendo (pen and paper) asking if they could consider making BOTW dolls (she was 9 at the time).  She eventually got a letter back from someone there that they appreciated her feedback, consider it, and gave her some Nintendo themed bookmarks.   My son wrote to Lego in a similar fashion when he was 7 about them reconsidering bringing back certain Knight/Castle/Kingdom, retired sets....  Fucking crickets... No response or anything... Been 2 years now.   A simple "Thanks for your letter" or something would've been fine.   Fucking assholes.  And I've spent well over $1K on your products the past 2-3 years.  If I could pirate your shit, I would, Lego.

Google Lepin  :shh
WDW

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7782 on: March 17, 2020, 08:47:16 AM »

Mega Bloks would never treat their fans like this.
dog

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #7783 on: March 17, 2020, 06:48:57 PM »

Some pretty interesting looking games here.

One thing to note though...fucking indie game devs are some of the most awkward humans on the planet.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 06:59:11 PM by Potato »
Spud

bluemax

« Reply #7784 on: March 17, 2020, 11:58:24 PM »
One of my former employers announced a game on that, I was pretty surprised!
NO

Bebpo

« Reply #7785 on: March 18, 2020, 12:31:13 AM »
One thing to note though...fucking indie game devs are some of the most awkward humans on the planet.

:lol

Like half my friends are game devs, and I wish I was a game dev, and yeah can't disagree.

kingv

« Reply #7786 on: March 18, 2020, 08:01:33 PM »

Google Lepin  :shh

Yeah, you can pirate the shit out of LEGO for like 1/3 the price or less.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7787 on: March 19, 2020, 02:15:18 AM »
Congrats on being a thief?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7788 on: March 19, 2020, 02:18:10 AM »
Woah dude, did you just admit to a crime??
©@©™

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #7789 on: March 19, 2020, 04:30:21 AM »
Fake Lego sucks. It works, but the fit just isn't right.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7790 on: March 19, 2020, 05:01:27 AM »
People who purchase fake LEGO are worse than Nazi's  :hmph
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #7791 on: March 19, 2020, 08:15:45 AM »
Fake Lego sucks. It works, but the fit just isn't right.
This is true.  :-\  Got one set for my son one Christmas of a castle (some other off brand on Amazon, not Lepin)... Even I struggled to put it together, as the pieces were too damn tight and wouldn't flush properly... I won't even talk about the instructions they provided.  Needless to say, we donated that and haven't tried another knock off since.  I just need to suck it up and quit my bitching.   :fbm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7792 on: March 19, 2020, 08:29:50 AM »
the pieces were too damn tight and wouldn't flush properly

Why were you trying to put them down the toilet??

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:heyman
[close]
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #7793 on: March 19, 2020, 08:59:07 AM »
Woah dude, did you just admit to a crime??

Checkmate libtards, I don’t play with toys.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #7794 on: March 21, 2020, 09:33:38 AM »
So seeing as all pubs and restaurants are shut, I managed to find an animal crossing switch in stock so the fiance and I can play that and end up fighting over the design.

kingv

« Reply #7795 on: March 21, 2020, 10:56:51 AM »
Was really excitied for exit the gungeon but it kind of sucks.

Was hoping for a more direct seequel.

Prolly going to get animal crossing.

Occam

« Reply #7796 on: March 22, 2020, 02:37:08 AM »
Spreading the good word: Convinced a friend to buy a Switch. It's a great system to own during the pandemic.

Fifstar

« Reply #7797 on: March 23, 2020, 03:46:20 AM »
Bought murder by numbers. Just played the first 10 minutes but already in love with the music. Not so sure about the scenario but we'll see. But picross plus great music is already a winning combination (the s series is really lacking when it comes to music) and I'm sure some story will be great for a change.
Gulp

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #7798 on: March 23, 2020, 03:19:32 PM »
my animal crossing switch is here and it is very very cute. in a maxmoefoe voice "I'm not gay!"

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #7799 on: March 23, 2020, 03:42:31 PM »
Bought murder by numbers. Just played the first 10 minutes but already in love with the music. Not so sure about the scenario but we'll see. But picross plus great music is already a winning combination (the s series is really lacking when it comes to music) and I'm sure some story will be great for a change.

I am on the second case and the game does deal with some "mature" themes for some games - Honor being a divorced STRONG FEMALE, finding Honor's tampon, and such. It's not bad.

There are bonus picross puzzles you can do as well depending on your rank.
fat