Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 945218 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #7500 on: January 09, 2020, 03:34:36 PM »
Really happy with this cheapo joy con replacement

This has the size of a real controller

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #7501 on: January 09, 2020, 10:31:30 PM »
they made it sound like the new pokemangs are free and the zones are paid. is that not the case?

You can trade them in from other games or use the paid Pokémon home thing to bring them in

But can’t catch them unless you in the new areas
dur

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7502 on: January 09, 2020, 10:38:08 PM »
wasn't all the bitching and moaning from people who collected pokemon since they were 8 through every game and wanted to bring them to the new game?

i only ever played one pokemon so i don't really keep up with this

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #7503 on: January 09, 2020, 11:54:07 PM »
Yo I got that EX MACHINA controller and I feel like a total doof playing it but DAMN it feels GOOD

:bow Astral Chain :bow2
:bow Platinum :bow2
That 80s anime look  :leon
The soundtrack   :lawd

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #7504 on: January 10, 2020, 10:15:04 AM »
amazon reminded me of the Langrisser remakes with worse art that are coming out. I kind of wrote this off, but seems at least the PS4 rev has an option to use classic art instead of generic animu so vaguely interested if only for nostalgia sake. Not sure if it's held up, but seems like a good fit for switch. I am assuming the switch will have the option, will have to verify.

paprikastaude

« Reply #7505 on: January 10, 2020, 11:56:35 AM »
All these animu remasters scratching superior artwork for generic modern trash, be it Ys, Fire Emblem, Star Ocean, Radiant Historia... :nope  :yuck

kingv

« Reply #7506 on: January 12, 2020, 11:36:47 PM »
they made it sound like the new pokemangs are free and the zones are paid. is that not the case?

You can trade them in from other games or use the paid Pokémon home thing to bring them in

But can’t catch them unless you in the new areas

Isn’t that exactly what people asked for? I’m not getting why they are upset if you can bring in all your old Pokémon without buying the DLC.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #7508 on: January 13, 2020, 12:14:32 PM »
All these animu remasters scratching superior artwork for generic modern trash, be it Ys, Fire Emblem, Star Ocean, Radiant Historia... :nope  :yuck

To be fair, the First Departure R artwork looks much better and much more in line with the original SFC game's artwork than the PSP First Departure (which was trash). Langrisser I and II at least have the option to turn on the original artwork instead of that generic gatcha trash looking artwork too.
^_^

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7509 on: January 13, 2020, 12:57:11 PM »
:nope

:ohyeah
dog

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #7510 on: January 15, 2020, 02:14:37 PM »
Perhaps the most significant improvement made to Tokyo Mirage Sessions, from a general gameplay standpoint, would be the option to speed up Session attacks. These are essentially chain attacks that are triggered once you exploit an enemy’s weakness, and are performed by other members of the party. In the later chapters, these combos would frequently enter into the double digits, and would ultimately wind up making combat quite a lengthy endeavour.

To a certain extent, this situation has been alleviated on the Switch. Whenever you trigger a Session, you’ll be presented with the option to enable a new ‘Quick Sessions’ feature that significantly cuts down on the animation time for each attack. While not making Session attacks instantaneous, it does severely cut down on the amount of time it takes to get through an encounter, making later-game grinding and dungeon crawling significantly breezier.

https://www.destructoid.com/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-encore-is-mostly-better-than-ever-on-switch-577032.phtml

Fooken right!

Glad that it was tweaked.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7512 on: January 15, 2020, 08:53:29 PM »
Switch needs like a gimped browser at least for connecting to hotel wifi 😡

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7513 on: January 15, 2020, 09:49:20 PM »

Yeah, that's super-annoying.  I have the same problem trying to connect to the guest network at work.  Can you use your phone as a hotspot?  That should work.

EDIT: Some stuff.  https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6kwb4i/connecting_to_hotel_wifi_on_switch/  Some people are saying they've had success with it eventually bringing up a sign-in page.  Didn't work for me last time I tried it but YMMV I guess.

Also using using a hotspot feature or software on your laptop can work.   
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 09:53:24 PM by pork »
ど助平

Sho Nuff

« Reply #7514 on: January 15, 2020, 09:54:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/SwordOrWhip/status/1217511978786349056

Oh cool, I'll take this. I only play my Metroidvania games on handhelds, so much appreciated

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7515 on: January 15, 2020, 10:06:55 PM »

Yeah, that's super-annoying.  I have the same problem trying to connect to the guest network at work.  Can you use your phone as a hotspot?  That should work.

EDIT: Some stuff.  https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6kwb4i/connecting_to_hotel_wifi_on_switch/  Some people are saying they've had success with it eventually bringing up a sign-in page.  Didn't work for me last time I tried it but YMMV I guess.

Also using using a hotspot feature or software on your laptop can work.
I finally got it to work, had to clear the settings for the connection a few times. Weird. Thanks for the help!

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #7516 on: January 16, 2020, 12:08:31 AM »
Switch Pro rumors happening again. I'll be honest, if it does happen, I'll buy one, and give my original to my niece if her parents are okay with it.

kingv

« Reply #7517 on: January 16, 2020, 12:55:48 AM »
Switch pro rumors I saw were saying it would be 4K.

I sort of doubt that is possible on a handheld, but if they could get to something that is sort of base ps4 level at 720p with 2x the ram and a cpu closer to what the new consoles would have, I think it would be super smart and keep them in the game for ports.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #7518 on: January 16, 2020, 02:37:27 AM »
If they made a pro dock I could throw my current switch into and beef it up that way that'd be cool, I dunno about shelling out for a full upgrade this year when I just bought mine the one prior.
Hi

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7519 on: January 16, 2020, 01:32:01 PM »
Switch Pro / 2 just needs to be able to match xbox one specs.

Should be doable in the next 2-3 years on a tablet.

I wanna play gta etc on the go.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7520 on: January 16, 2020, 02:29:17 PM »
If they made a pro dock I could throw my current switch into and beef it up that way that'd be cool, I dunno about shelling out for a full upgrade this year when I just bought mine the one prior.

Depends on what kind of trade-in deals are available- when the improved battery-life/cooling 'red box' Switch came out, Gamestop had such a crazy-good trade-in deal going on that I was able to trade up my launch model for it and not shell out too much.
ど助平

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #7521 on: January 16, 2020, 04:38:37 PM »
Okay I’m about 350/400 Pokémon caught. Games beat. And 100 hrs in. Think I’ll quit now before I get sucked into the grind for iv and shiny quest that seems to be the endgame

Mario or Zelda next?
dur

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #7522 on: January 16, 2020, 05:33:16 PM »
Another fucking anime sword fighter wtf Nintendo
:O

Chooky

« Reply #7523 on: January 16, 2020, 09:17:32 PM »

Awwww yeah

i don't have enough skill to do really cool things with this but oh my god i can't wait for the crazy combo vids that are coming

Occam

« Reply #7524 on: January 17, 2020, 03:44:14 PM »
Really happy with this cheapo joy con replacement

This has the size of a real controller

(Image removed from quote.)

What a waste of 30 bucks. This grip (simply named "Controller for N-Switch" by a company called Zacro) is quite inferior to Hori's Split Pad Pro. Its face buttons and d-pad (which sucks) are rather small and have sharp edges, making it uncomfortable to keep them pressed for prolonged periods (eg, when playing 2D shooting games). The analog sticks aren't great (and the one on the right side is badly positioned, in the way of the face buttons), reaching L and R is uncomfortable (unlike when using Split Pad Pro). And while it has rumble, it doesn't have HD rumble, making it useless for any games that support it (eg. in Zen Pinall it just rumbles all the time, so you have to switch it off). Because of its shape, you can not use the dock to charge your Switch while it's attached (unlike Split Pad Pro). Not recommended.
Just spend $20 more and get a Split Pad Pro which is so much more ergonomic.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7525 on: January 18, 2020, 01:55:55 AM »
Its a Linkstyle controller though and works fine

-i never used the dpad
-i havent used the dock in 2.5 years
-dont play 2d shooters

Definitely recommend this so far, put like 10 hours into FF12 and no problems whatsoever, maybe the analog sticks are a wee bit too high but thats it

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7526 on: January 18, 2020, 09:23:47 AM »
Not gonna beat the Hori split pad.  That thing looks hideous. 

There's also a company making a an adapter that lets you attach the Switch to a Pro Controller if you want to go that route.
ど助平

Occam

« Reply #7527 on: January 18, 2020, 11:29:09 AM »
Looks can be deceiving, but it doesn't feel great, either (especially if you are actually using its d-pad and face buttons). The only way you could think this controller is good is if you had never used a Split Pad Pro.

@Premium Lager
So you don't play 2D games? That explains it.

I should have have asked if you had compared it to a Split Pad before buying the Zacro controller. :/
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 02:05:43 PM by Occam »

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #7528 on: January 19, 2020, 03:17:52 AM »
https://www.destructoid.com/konami-s-cutesy-shmup-bells-whistles-returns-on-ps4-and-nintendo-switch-578185.phtml

Not sure where to post this. It's on PS4 too.

Bells & Whistles (or Detana!! TwinBee in Japan) was released in arcades back in 1991, before eventually being converted to the PC Engine and Sharp X6800. The fifth game in the super-cute TwinBee series, Bells & Whistles features the fast-paced, vertically-scrolling action one expects from the franchise, as one or two players gun their way through seven delightfully-designed stages, taking on waves of enemies and powerful boss characters.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #7529 on: January 20, 2020, 10:33:33 PM »
The Switch has an amazing shoot em up library. A shame I will never have time to play them all but I buy them on general principle.
🍆🍆

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7530 on: January 21, 2020, 08:52:27 AM »
Psikyo collection  :rejoice
dog

paprikastaude

« Reply #7531 on: January 21, 2020, 10:51:41 AM »
One step closer to Snatcher/Policenauts collection.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7532 on: January 21, 2020, 11:18:52 AM »

:confused
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #7533 on: January 21, 2020, 11:50:10 AM »
Konami scratching the bottom of the barrel for constant retro rereleases = at some point it has to be Policenauts and English Snatcher? :idont

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:fbm
[close]

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7534 on: January 21, 2020, 12:51:24 PM »
Looks can be deceiving, but it doesn't feel great, either (especially if you are actually using its d-pad and face buttons). The only way you could think this controller is good is if you had never used a Split Pad Pro.

@Premium Lager
So you don't play 2D games? That explains it.

I should have have asked if you had compared it to a Split Pad before buying the Zacro controller. :/

I also dont use the dpad in 2d games

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7535 on: January 21, 2020, 01:11:22 PM »
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #7536 on: January 21, 2020, 03:37:10 PM »
Konami scratching the bottom of the barrel for constant retro rereleases = at some point it has to be Policenauts and English Snatcher? :idont

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:fbm
[close]

No way, Twinbee series is awesome!
^_^

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #7537 on: January 21, 2020, 07:09:54 PM »
Goddammit localize it back away from bells and whistles.  :maf :snoop :rogan

Svejk

« Reply #7538 on: January 21, 2020, 08:24:43 PM »
I think we'd have a better chance at getting MGS1-3 on the Slitch before seeing those.  :doge Konami hates people.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7539 on: January 21, 2020, 08:47:07 PM »
Snatcher 2: The Slot Machine
©@©™

Sho Nuff

« Reply #7540 on: January 22, 2020, 03:40:43 AM »
I actually really like Policenauts. That fan translation is very, VERY well done and the story is a hoot. Snatcher is ok but Policenauts actually has interesting characters and the scenario is way better.

There's some real gross weeb stuff in there tho

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7542 on: January 23, 2020, 07:05:49 AM »
Bust-A-Move Touhou Spell Bubble is coming out on 2/6.  This is going to cost an insane 5800 yen- dunno what the people at Taito are smoking.  People seem to think they jacked up the price because it uses licensed music, but a lot of their prices are crazy-high for what they're offering, like Darius Cosmic Collection.

I did finally get a copy of Bubble Bobble 4 Friends off Amazon for a decent price.  Fun game, albeit pretty easy so far. 
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7543 on: January 24, 2020, 01:09:12 PM »
I forgot Best Buy carries Limited Run’s games. Mostly Switch stuff, but I just got a physical copy of Transistor which is cool.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7544 on: January 28, 2020, 07:23:21 AM »
Someone made a mini pinball case/cab for the Switch:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/765829795/pinswitch-pinball-accessoire-pour
ど助平

Occam

« Reply #7545 on: January 28, 2020, 09:07:26 AM »
Someone made a mini pinball case/cab for the Switch:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/765829795/pinswitch-pinball-accessoire-pour

Seems to be missing an important input: I don't see an analog plunger.

This is the way to play pinball on Switch:
https://www.fangamer.com/products/flip-grip

Cheap, portable, you get hd rumble and it can be used for other games with tate, too.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #7546 on: January 28, 2020, 06:34:31 PM »
T A T E M O D E
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7547 on: January 30, 2020, 09:55:04 AM »
Switch has surpassed SNES lifetime sales.

Nintendo had its strongest Switch quarter ever this holiday season, moving 10.81 million units to reach a total of 52.48 million sold as of the end of 2019. That means it’s now overtaken the Super Nintendo Entertainment System to become Nintendo’s third best-selling home console of all time behind the Wii and the NES. The 16-bit SNES was released in 1990 in Japan and the following year in North America, achieving a total of 49.1 million units sold worldwide.

Pokemon was also a huge success- guessing that means all the complaints people had will never be addressed.

Pokémon Sword and Shield were a huge hit over the holiday season, moving more than 16 million copies. That’s almost 4 million more than Super Smash Bros. Ultimate registered in its launch quarter a year ago, although Pokémon went on sale about three weeks earlier. Luigi’s Mansion 3 was another big success, selling over 5 million copies.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7548 on: January 30, 2020, 01:20:45 PM »
And Xbox One as well.

Nintengods

:preach

Now give me Switch PRO 4K HDR, Metroid Prime 4, F-Zero SX, Metroid V, Donkey Kong Country Switch, Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2, Bayonetta 3, Earthbound 3, Fire Emblem Echoes 2, Super Mario 64 Switch,
Paper Mario Switch, Mario Kart 8: Deluxe Grand Prix DX, Super Mario Odyssey 2, Eternal Darkness 2, Sin & Punishment 3, Pikmin 4!
🤴

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #7549 on: January 30, 2020, 01:49:52 PM »
Switch really is a fucking solid console, don't hate on the ninthing
püp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7550 on: January 30, 2020, 01:57:44 PM »

Nintendo hasn't been this good since the 'Cube days, maaaaybe early Wii.
dog

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #7551 on: January 30, 2020, 02:52:34 PM »
Allright, getting anxious to get a Switch now. Can't wait for a solid pricedrop though, and maybe some exclusive consoles like the Majora's Mask 3DSXL I have.

I still have a massive backlog on the 3ds, since I only just purchased it last year. I love that thing, but I don't play it enough :(.
What

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #7552 on: January 30, 2020, 03:22:48 PM »

Nintendo hasn't been this good since the 'Cube days, maaaaybe early Wii.
Nah man, Switch is great. If only they could get rid of the drifting problems.
que

paprikastaude

« Reply #7553 on: January 30, 2020, 03:57:37 PM »
Cube, best 3d console of theirs - innovation, variety, ambition, exclusives :rejoice Wii was okay before it was dead not even halfway through the gen  :lol  DS was really good because of 3rd party exclusives, but 1st party sucked quite badly.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7554 on: January 30, 2020, 03:58:00 PM »
just being happy with nintendo winning and not spending any money on vidya to support the cause  :rejoice

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #7555 on: January 30, 2020, 04:13:52 PM »
Cube, best 3d console of theirs - innovation, variety, ambition, exclusives :rejoice Wii was okay before it was dead not even halfway through the gen  :lol  DS was really good because of 3rd party exclusives, but 1st party sucked quite badly.

Cube wasnt great.. I mean it had some good exclusives, but I remember swaths of long periods of them not bringing out anything good. I remember owning only Monkey Ball till Smash came out or something
What

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7556 on: January 30, 2020, 06:07:50 PM »
Cube their best 3D console? Spieler never stops with the unique takes.

As someone who hates Nintendo, it’s the Switch so far. I never revisit the Cube, Wii, or Wii I after I’m done with the 1 or 2 games I wanted the system for.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7557 on: January 30, 2020, 06:13:09 PM »
Double Dash and Melee are both good. Plus Paper Mario and the Rogue Squadron games were solid af. And Mario Strikers too. Was never a fan of the Metroid Primes or Animal Crossing but people love them.

I liked Four Swords but that's on DS or 3DS now and Crystal Chronicles is (or will be?) on Switch.

(3)DS or Switch are probably my favorites but I totally see the appeal of GC

paprikastaude

« Reply #7558 on: January 30, 2020, 06:45:29 PM »
Cube their best 3D console? Spieler never stops with the unique takes.

As someone who hates Nintendo, it’s the Switch so far. I never revisit the Cube, Wii, or Wii I after I’m done with the 1 or 2 games I wanted the system for.

Tons of new IPs from the get-go like Luigis Mansion, Pikmin, Eternal Darkness. Revamping old franchises like Metroid. New takes on Zelda and Mario. Pushing some of the best graphics with some of these prior titles, but also Resident Evil, Star Wars, etc. - Getting half of the Sega remnants. All exclusive. That's already varied than modern Nintendo, yet they still made things like Paper Mario, Wave Race, F-Zero. 3rd parties weren't exactly Sony tier, but at least the ports weren't years old and sometimes even the best version. Switch is old port, old port, remaster, remake, old port, old port, remaster :snore New stuff is way too limited on mascot and animu things. It's good if you never had no prior console, I guess. Switch reminds me of when the GBA was super successful on SNES rehashes.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 07:18:11 PM by Spieler1 »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
SYSTEM WARRZZZZ
« Reply #7559 on: January 30, 2020, 09:12:47 PM »
Switch is old port, old port, remaster, remake, old port, old port, remaster :snore New stuff is way too limited on mascot and animu things.

It has original games and sequels, like Arms, Astral Chain, Cadence of Hyrule, Daemon X Machina, Fast RMX, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Golf Story, LABO (lol), Luigi's Mansion 3, Mario+Rabbids, Marvel UA3, Pokeemans, Ring Fit Adventure, Splatoon 2, Mario Maker 2, Mario Tennis Aces, Super Mario Odyssey, Smash Ultimate, Tetris 99, The Touryst, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Yoshi's Crafted World.  Some games got PC releases later like Octopath Traveler and counted at one time.

I was less into what Nintendo themselves put out on the GC and more about the Sega and Capcom offerings.  Good stuff, although in general the system lacked the third party support that the other consoles had.  But it was still 1000 times better than the N64 in that area.

It's good if you never had no prior console, I guess.

Definitely true- If you didn't have a Wii U -and a lot of people didn't- there's more from Nintendo to play.  Some of those games have enough new content to make them that much better anyway, like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Hyrule Warriors DX.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 09:19:50 PM by bork »
ど助平