Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 945316 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #7320 on: November 20, 2019, 04:47:45 PM »

The point?

Andrew might be waiting longer than he thinks.

Am not seeing people shitting on Sword and Shield (who have played it) like those other series, but it's hard to tell- Reddit has a lot of negative stuff and then Twitter is like the exact opposite.   :lol

Everyone here who has played it seems to be enjoying it, at least- I wish Tasty would try it now so I could get his thoughts on it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 05:02:24 PM by pork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7321 on: November 20, 2019, 05:02:30 PM »
You lost me with not counting FFXV as an entirely-new single player title- It started as Versus but it's not like it came out or got that far along before they just made it an official number entry, no? 

And there was Type-0 in addition to World, which wasn't well-received either, IIRC so that doesn't help things.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7322 on: November 20, 2019, 05:11:54 PM »
Bubble Bobble 4 Friends came out in Europe yesterday.  Not coming here until next year sometime.

Will wait to try it because it's like $45 U.S. on the UK eShop.
:mindblown
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7323 on: November 20, 2019, 05:17:52 PM »
You can import a physical copy for less than that.
:dead
ど助平

Occam

« Reply #7324 on: November 20, 2019, 05:23:41 PM »
It actually got a"limited" (6,000 copies) release in Europe, but totally overpriced. Since it'll be released physically in the US, too next year, there is no reason to buy it now.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7325 on: November 20, 2019, 05:26:00 PM »
It actually got a"limited" (6,000 copies) release in Europe, but totally overpriced. Since it'll be released physically in the US, too next year, there is no reason to buy it now.

I think you're thinking of the Strictly Limited Games version- there's a regular version too from InIn Games.  This is just like what happened with The Ninja Warriors/Saviors, where three different publishers ended up releasing the game.  Seems to be a new trend- Limited Run Games just recently announced Tetris Effect for PS4 even though that got a wide release last year.  Their version has updated content and a foil cover.

And LOL, InIn Games has a special edition releasing next month with some extra stuff included in the box.
:dizzy
ど助平

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #7326 on: November 21, 2019, 12:18:21 PM »
So yesterday I said Asphalt 9 was my most played game of the year with 30 hours.

I checked my profile, and I was mistaken.

I'm at 45 hours

:brazilcry :brazilcry :brazilcry

I shudder to think of the number of hours I spent playing Rush 2049 back in the day. If my N64 could track time...oh boy.

And fuck the gaming industry for essentially abandoning the arcade racer genre.

Youd be nothing without arcade racers, NOTHING.
:O

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7327 on: November 21, 2019, 08:50:32 PM »
Black Future 88 came out today!  Also out on Steam.

ど助平

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #7328 on: November 21, 2019, 09:45:31 PM »
Hey uh

Asphalt is GOOD

WTF

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7329 on: November 21, 2019, 10:57:57 PM »
The Touryst also came out.

Shin'en music
:lawd
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7330 on: November 21, 2019, 11:01:50 PM »
I got “75 hours or more” in Overwatch on switch

Himu

« Reply #7331 on: November 21, 2019, 11:38:04 PM »
Black Future 88 came out today!  Also out on Steam.

I saw booty in the trailer opening so was hoping for more in game and was disappointed

IYKYK

kingv

« Reply #7332 on: November 22, 2019, 12:01:26 AM »
Got my PEGI version of Booigi for $44 shipped.

It has English on the box, so I assume it will have English in game too.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #7333 on: November 22, 2019, 12:40:52 AM »
The Touryst also came out.

Shin'en music
:lawd
I love Shin'en. Looking forward to this
Spud

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #7334 on: November 22, 2019, 04:46:38 AM »
Got two badges. Like I killed all of the gym trainers Pokemons with one hit. :trumps

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7335 on: November 23, 2019, 04:51:51 AM »
So I'm on the 5th gym in Sword and I have some opinions. These are from someone who is'nt even a lapsed fan. I had Red when it came out as I was a kid. Got Yellow used from Blockbuster back in the day. Got Silver day of release and thought it was amazing, probably the first game I was ever hyped for. Played Gold as it was an Xmas gift and then rented Ruby from Gamefly and maybe got to the 3rd gym and that was it for Pokemon. I played Lets Go last year as it was a product made for someone like me. Enjoyed it enough, but only got half way before the nostalgia ran out.

So I'm coming to Sword as a "well I like JPGS, liked Pokemon as a kid, and I have a Switch" person. I always wanted a main game as a console game and while the Switch is not the console of my dreams I am enjoying the game.

I mean it's obviously not the game it should be. I can see that. I mean I don't care about the Pokedex stuff as well I never cared about catching them all or caring over my collection. But you know as far as graphics go the game looks ok....Like it doesn't look amazing, but when I troll and say it looks like a Nintendo game, I'm not lying. I don't think it looks that bad, yeah the Switch could do more and maybe the biggest series in the world should maybe have a bit more ambition to show, but it looks ok. The graphics have style and personality, when they want too...

It's like the animation. It's pretty shitty that my starter Pokemon just kind of shitly bounces up and down when doing a kick attack. It looks silly and low budget. But when my main Pokemon is doing a clearly signature attack, when the Big Pokemon are using attacks, when they transform, the character flourishes and so on are really well animated and look great. I almost feel the entire point of the Dynmax stuff is to have cool effects, as eh that mechanic feels a bit pointless to me otherwise.

The world also looks nice and feels to scale, when it seems they put effort into it. It does have "one screen jrpg town syndrome" which is a bit lame as on the GBC that world of Silver seemed huge. While I think there is good detail, great camera work to help with atmosphere, and decent scale. As you go on the towns feel kind of meh as does the world. Which you know has the positive of it feeling not tedious. Cool as an adult, I don't want this game to feel too long. But still I'd expect the the world to feel bigger and maybe a bit less linear. It still has that adventure feel I like.

I guess the Wild area is supposed to make up for it. Which is cool and I like it as theres plenty of cool Pokemon you can find. I mean it does look and feel like developer's first open world zone. Does'nt touch anything the Xeno games have done. I mean I have spent a lot of time in it, but thats also just to do the Max Raids which feel broken. I mean you can get so many Exp boosts/candies from these easy ass battles. Battles that I cant even seem to get the online part to work, but don't care as the dumb ai gets the job done. By that I mean, I dont care and can do them pretty much on my own. Combined that with exp share and well... I mean I'm liking how easy it is to level other Pokemon.

I don't know, I'm liking the game because of how breezy it is. Which is probably not what big fans of what. I've watched Youtbe essay reviews of the other games, like Black and White. That game looks like it has such a more interesting story and world then Sword which feels rather safe in comparison. Which is maybe the problem, but as a casual person here I'm just getting a fun Pokemon rpg. 

Tasty

« Reply #7336 on: November 23, 2019, 02:15:48 PM »
So yesterday I said Asphalt 9 was my most played game of the year with 30 hours.

I'm at 45 hours

165+ on Mario Kart...

Himu

« Reply #7337 on: November 23, 2019, 02:47:08 PM »
rah: i feel like what we casual pokemon fans want out of pokemon is vastly different than what hardcore fans want. my favorite pokemon game - ORAS - is apparently not considered that highly within pokemon fanbase.
IYKYK

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #7338 on: November 23, 2019, 03:00:10 PM »

I'm at 45 hours

165+ on Mario Kart...

Tasty

« Reply #7339 on: November 23, 2019, 03:40:59 PM »

I'm at 45 hours

165+ on Mario Kart...

(Image removed from quote.)

I go through long stretches where I'm pathetically addicted to boosting my online battle mode score... :goty

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #7340 on: November 24, 2019, 03:09:53 AM »
My kids and I finished Luigi's Mansion, so I picked up Yoshi's Crafted World for them. Hopefully dive into that soonish.

Picked up Pokemon Let's Go Evee as well, but that is for my daughter for Christmas.
Spud

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #7341 on: November 24, 2019, 09:05:27 AM »
Yoshi is terrible, maybe as a kid who doesn't know any better it's probably the best game in the world but as a hung, young, professional individual like myself it was a slog to play and dear god the collectible shit they pile on there
fat

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #7342 on: November 24, 2019, 11:04:50 AM »
The “young” needs to go, too. He turned 40 like 3 years ago.
serge

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #7343 on: November 24, 2019, 03:15:58 PM »
Yoshi is terrible, maybe as a kid who doesn't know any better it's probably the best game in the world but as a hung, young, professional individual like myself it was a slog to play and dear god the collectible shit they pile on there
Yeah, my kids are 5 and 7 and they don't quite get games yet. I like the idea of Yoshi for them because it's pretty hard to fail.
Spud

Svejk

« Reply #7344 on: November 25, 2019, 03:54:09 PM »
Doing some research for my kids about Smash Bros. Ultimate.  The internet's joking that there's no other Princess Zelda than the LA Zelda, right?  The BOTW Zelda skin is totally in Ultimate, right?  :nugenix

« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 10:02:13 AM by Svejk »

Tuckers Law

« Reply #7345 on: November 25, 2019, 05:41:52 PM »
Such a shame, after the incredible Wooly World.

Svejk

« Reply #7346 on: November 26, 2019, 10:02:27 AM »
Wow.... confirmed that BOTW Zelda isn't on SSBU or being planned.   My daughter says she doesn't want a Switch now.  :lol  Good job, Nintendo.

Tasty

« Reply #7347 on: November 26, 2019, 10:13:39 AM »
How much would she even play it if some fighting game alt costume is holding her back? :dunno

BotW Zelda is also the nerdiest, least-fighting-capable version of the character.

Then again I enjoy playing Toon Link whose stubby limbs should realistically get him Master Roshi'd every match. :trumps

Svejk

« Reply #7348 on: November 26, 2019, 10:48:44 AM »
How much would she even play it if some fighting game alt costume is holding her back? :dunno
To an 11 year old?  It's everything.  She says she'd rather stick with the WiiU version, because it at least has the TP skin... Even THAT'S not in ultimate!! WTF  Ultimate my ass.  Compromising is not easy. Lol
BotW Zelda is also the nerdiest, least-fighting-capable version of the character.
Nintendo's response/excuse was that she's too busy bookkeeping and had other duties to attend too.
 :dead

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7349 on: November 26, 2019, 11:41:48 AM »
ONE IS MORE 'ANIME' THAN THE OTHER?! 
:rage

F U SMASH
:bolo

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I actually can understand the frustration an 11 year old would have over this- for once it's age appropriate and not a 30-something man-baby crying about it.   :P

The design changes were Link = BoTW and Zelda = A Link Between Worlds.  Both got updated to represent different games.  Also Sheik's design was changed to be something closer to BoTW, so there's your BoTW Zelda.
:expert
[close]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 11:47:56 AM by pork »
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #7350 on: November 26, 2019, 11:57:24 AM »
TP Zelda :uguu

Mah queen /johnsnow

Svejk

« Reply #7351 on: November 26, 2019, 11:58:25 AM »
There's like 3 different Link models, but yet, just one Zelda model.  There really is no excuse.  I'm still a bit shocked tbh.

Yeah, she totally hates the bangs on that Zelda.  :lol  I suppose it's fashion first for some.  :yeshrug

Tasty

« Reply #7352 on: November 26, 2019, 11:59:56 AM »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7353 on: November 26, 2019, 12:34:09 PM »
Toon Zelda would be dope

Tasty

« Reply #7354 on: November 26, 2019, 01:32:57 PM »
Gamefreak "All these changes are for the newer fan, or the more casual player."

Also Gamefreak:
https://twitter.com/Kaphotics/status/1197027047224176640

IV's REVENGE

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #7355 on: November 26, 2019, 01:48:01 PM »
I don't even know what u are talking about breh

On to my 4th badge

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7356 on: November 26, 2019, 10:10:42 PM »

Basically, if your Trainer ID cleanly matches the PID (xor), it will be squares rather than stars.
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #7357 on: November 27, 2019, 12:14:37 AM »

Basically, if your Trainer ID cleanly matches the PID (xor), it will be squares rather than stars.

Yes though apparently shiny hunting/chaining will always lead to a square. Overall it's a tossup which is more rare.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #7358 on: November 27, 2019, 01:26:35 AM »

Yes though apparently shiny hunting/chaining will always lead to a square. Overall it's a tossup which is more rare.

Y’all such virgins lol :pacspit
Margs

Bebpo

« Reply #7359 on: November 27, 2019, 02:15:36 AM »
Did Pokemon end up any good? Haven't followed anything.

I did pick up the Psikyo shmup ports on the switch (Strikers 1945, 1945 II, 1999, Sol Divide, Dragon Blaze, Gunbird I & II, Sengoku Ace, Blade, Cannon, Gunbirach [last one not really a shmup) and these are pretty good ports and mostly good games. Hadn't played some of them originally and like Sengoku Blade is pretty rad. Ace is kinda nasty though in weird framerate which feels like it effects the controls.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7360 on: November 27, 2019, 07:46:49 AM »
Did Pokemon end up any good? Haven't followed anything.

Probably best to put it as if you're casually into these games, it's enjoyable, albeit a bit easy.  If you're hardcore into it and don't like the Pokedex/bank stuff being removed and older stuff not coming back, probably best to avoid it. 

Everyone here who got it has liked it.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #7361 on: November 27, 2019, 09:11:50 AM »

Y’all such virgins lol :pacspit

I will never back down from my love of utterly nerdy shit like XORing a PID to check status :bolo

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #7362 on: November 28, 2019, 09:41:46 PM »
eShop sales are up! Got Wolfenstein and Diablo, any other good recos for cheap?

james

« Reply #7363 on: November 28, 2019, 10:08:22 PM »

Im getting Let's Sing 2018  :lawd

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7364 on: November 28, 2019, 10:09:35 PM »
Oh shit how much is diablo

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #7365 on: November 29, 2019, 12:56:48 AM »
eShop sales are always shit. I never bother looking anymore.
que

james

« Reply #7366 on: November 29, 2019, 01:20:42 AM »
eShop sales are always shit. I never bother looking anymore.

This is the real deal

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7367 on: November 29, 2019, 11:59:39 AM »
eShop sales are always like:

Game you want = Not on sale
Game you sorta want = 20% off
Indie game you’ve never heard of = 99.9% off
©@©™

james

« Reply #7368 on: November 29, 2019, 12:16:06 PM »
Anyone played this rock of ages 2 game?

Never heard of it but it looks cute

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7369 on: November 29, 2019, 12:57:54 PM »
eShop sales are always like:

Game you want = Not on sale
Game you sorta want = 20% off
Indie game you’ve never heard of = 99.9% off

Yeah I’ll buy a lot of weird shit if it’s a dollar or less lol

Chooky

« Reply #7370 on: November 29, 2019, 02:09:06 PM »
bomberman is on sale for 10. is it worth it for single player only?

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #7371 on: November 29, 2019, 06:48:06 PM »
bomberman is on sale for 10. is it worth it for single player only?

I really liked the old single player Bomberman games from the 90s and Super Bomberman R is not very good by comparison. You could do worse but I don’t really recommend it.
🍆🍆

Chooky

« Reply #7372 on: November 29, 2019, 08:02:26 PM »
well fug. oh well then.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7373 on: November 29, 2019, 11:25:50 PM »
Bought enter the gungeon with gold points 🤷‍♀️

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7374 on: November 29, 2019, 11:36:04 PM »
Also some weird duck game that looks like a rip off of gauntlet for 11˘ lol

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7375 on: November 30, 2019, 11:14:35 AM »
TRITRITRIPLE POST

enter the gungeon is pretty frickin dope and was only like 7.50 so I’d recommend.

Also, man these grips are at this point to me the requirement if you’re going to play handheld switch. I put the joycons on it the other day just to charge them and ew

Beezy

« Reply #7376 on: December 01, 2019, 12:27:06 AM »
The Hori grips for Daemon X Machina?

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7377 on: December 01, 2019, 01:23:01 AM »
Yes

Occam

« Reply #7378 on: December 01, 2019, 10:40:37 AM »
That Hori Split Pad has become my standard way of playing Switch. Shame it doesn't have rumble.
I'm actually considering to buy one more as backup in case mine breaks and Hori doesn't make any more.

Edit: Seems to be readily available everywhere, so I guess there is no need to hurry.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7379 on: December 01, 2019, 01:17:43 PM »
To me it makes the switch feel like gamegear 2019

I’m old now, function over form lol