Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 934179 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #7080 on: November 14, 2019, 01:28:15 PM »
Ok boomer

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7081 on: November 14, 2019, 01:29:14 PM »
The Nintendo Cycle

*Console releases*
What's up with this drought, this shit sucks, wth
The previous console much was better.

*New console releases*
What's up with this drought, this shit sucks wth

Whenever you wonder what Nintendo is doing we usually default to: "They must have so many secret things under wraps!"and then they F-Zero in on NSMB Switch.
So I'm not going to hold my Breath of the wild for a second time.
🤴

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7082 on: November 14, 2019, 01:31:15 PM »
Having Wii U list warz and leaving out Mario Maker :holeup

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #7083 on: November 14, 2019, 01:33:10 PM »
Groovey Coaster
I thought this game might end up not even coming over due to licensing hell, but it looks like everything is in the international version. :gladbron
Hi

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #7084 on: November 14, 2019, 01:50:28 PM »
The Nintendo Cycle

*Console releases*
What's up with this drought, this shit sucks, wth

*New console releases*
What's up with this drought, this shit sucks wth

Whenever you wonder what Nintendo is doing we usually default to: "They must have so many secret things under wraps!"and then they F-Zero in on NSMB Switch.
So I'm not going to hold my Breath of the wild for a second time.

The last time they had a consistent output was the Gamecube.

They managed something like 15 new titles in 15 months. And they were good titles too!

I feel like they got discouraged when the GC didnt sell that well. And then they discovered they could shit out waggle titles for the Wii and just rake in the dough.

Then the waggle well ran dry and they had to go back to producing good content, which led to some good stuff on the Wii U.

But then they got discouraged when the Wii U didnt sell that well. And then they discovered they could shit out ports for the Switch and just rake in the dough.
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7085 on: November 14, 2019, 02:54:29 PM »
I had a GameCube it was like the Holomodor.,

"Wow, <insert 30 cool games> coming out on PS2 this month! What's on the way for GameCube?"
"Well uhh this late port of Dragonball Budokai 2 and some Mickey Mouse game"

The only thing that kept the GameCube alive were promises of
Mario 128
The Capcom 5
Square Enix returns!
Resident Evil 4
Zelda LOTR

And when Mario hit, it wasn't as good as Mario 64, Zelda TWW wasn't as good as OOT.
Double Dash was Double Trash.  8), Kirby's Air Ride took fucking forever and so forth and so forth  :lol
🤴

« Reply #7086 on: November 14, 2019, 02:57:49 PM »
Gamecube has one of the best Gundam games ever made on it. I know I have brain damage, but that's good enough for me.
野球

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7087 on: November 14, 2019, 02:59:13 PM »
Gamecube has one of the best Gundam games ever made on it. I know I have brain damage, but that's good enough for me.

Name? Will pirate, thx

« Reply #7088 on: November 14, 2019, 03:00:55 PM »

Name? Will pirate, thx

Ace Pilot
野球

james

« Reply #7089 on: November 14, 2019, 03:19:41 PM »
Hes gone too far, time to ban Nintex

Tuckers Law

« Reply #7090 on: November 14, 2019, 03:25:01 PM »
Speaking of Square Enix Returns, where the fuck is Crystal Chronicles Remastered?  I need to get my bucket-carry on.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7091 on: November 14, 2019, 03:29:49 PM »
I bought Pokemon Sword. :teehee :trumps
dog

Tasty

« Reply #7092 on: November 14, 2019, 03:59:44 PM »

Man you didn't even get the one with the best exclusive.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7093 on: November 14, 2019, 03:59:56 PM »
Whats the best exclusive?

Ill buy it tomorrow :trumps

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7094 on: November 14, 2019, 04:01:21 PM »
Btw Luigis Mansion is surprisingly good and gorgeous.

paprikastaude

« Reply #7095 on: November 14, 2019, 04:06:31 PM »
imagine thinking captain todd, nes remix, tokyo mirage, hyrule warriors, wonderful 101 and more are worth this ->  :holeup

like really stupid lmao

some dynasty warriors, worst kamiya game, only worthwhile nes remix is on 3ds (cause it cut shit like golf and only took the good games) :juicy
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 04:12:39 PM by Spieler1 »

Occam

« Reply #7096 on: November 14, 2019, 04:12:22 PM »

In case you need a laugh, I bought the first PlayStation because of this:

Tasty

« Reply #7097 on: November 14, 2019, 04:15:45 PM »

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7098 on: November 14, 2019, 04:17:33 PM »
Hmmmm  looks cuter then the stills

kingv

« Reply #7099 on: November 14, 2019, 04:19:13 PM »
I get that this is me being a snob, but W101 shits on Bayo 2 from atop a mountain and the respective reception of those two games shows why the whole genre is dead outside of Devil May Cry and Nintendo funded vanity projects.

I really don’t agree with this.

W101 is a lot more unique, but it’s too long, has too many gimmick levels, and I thought controls were not responsive enough. I spent too much time drawing the gun over and over or whatever other shape.

paprikastaude

« Reply #7100 on: November 14, 2019, 04:27:08 PM »
I had a GameCube it was like the Holomodor.,

"Wow, <insert 30 cool games> coming out on PS2 this month! What's on the way for GameCube?"
"Well uhh this late port of Dragonball Budokai 2 and some Mickey Mouse game"

The only thing that kept the GameCube alive were promises of
Mario 128
The Capcom 5
Square Enix returns!
Resident Evil 4
Zelda LOTR

And when Mario hit, it wasn't as good as Mario 64, Zelda TWW wasn't as good as OOT.
Double Dash was Double Trash.  8), Kirby's Air Ride took fucking forever and so forth and so forth  :lol

:dayum Gamecube >>>>>> whatever Nintendo did afterwards except DS. Today 1st party's way too limited by mascot/2D things, minigames and crappy animu. Back then, you not only had that, but absolute classics from all kinds of genres like Metroid Prime, F-Zero Gx and Paper Mario (and I heard those Smash Bros freaks still like Melee best). Lots of different new IPs like Luigis Mansion, Pikmin, Eternal Darkness that weren't throwaway like Arms. More different old IP too like Wave Race on top of your Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong and whatnot. 3rd party exclusives like Monkey Ball, Star Wars, REmake - Instead of being the dumping ground for 10 year old ports, the kind of multiplats it got were at least first releasing or superior on GCN, like Soul Calibur, RE4, Viewtiful Joe, Skies of Arcadia, etc. Sunshine and Wind Waker were a little crappy to play but at least pushing for the best console tech at the time. Nowadays you get that Stretchers thing as new IP Nintendo, which looks like it was made in a game jam. Yeah okay PS2 was better... it was better than almost every console though so :confused

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7101 on: November 14, 2019, 04:27:15 PM »

Man you didn't even get the one with the best exclusive.

I got the version I wanted.
dog

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #7102 on: November 14, 2019, 05:20:40 PM »
Ostensibly grown ass men spending pages complaining/crying about what has always been a shitty, shallow child's game

:kermit

But this isn't about Fire Emblem.  ???

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:ohyou
[close]

If only you could waifu Bulbasaur

:phil
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7103 on: November 14, 2019, 06:20:38 PM »
This whole page :goldberg
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7104 on: November 14, 2019, 06:45:07 PM »
As someone who doesn’t have a vested interests in the series, I’m interested in Sword and Shield as I’ve always wanted a console main game since I was a kid. It looks a bit cheap, but whatever. I don’t expect much from Switch or Nintendo games.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 09:40:19 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Tuckers Law

« Reply #7105 on: November 14, 2019, 06:56:09 PM »
As someone who doesn’t have a vested interests in the series, I’m interested in Sword and Shield as I’ve always wanted a console main game is what I wanted since I was a kid. It looks a bit cheap, but whatever. I don’t expect much from Switch or Nintendo games.

Lucky for you, as a fan of modern Final Fantasy you’re already used to cut corners in games, and should be fine with the experience. ;)

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7106 on: November 14, 2019, 07:06:05 PM »
As someone who doesn’t have a vested interests in the series, I’m interested in Sword and Shield as I’ve always wanted a console main game is what I wanted since I was a kid. It looks a bit cheap, but whatever. I don’t expect much from Switch or Nintendo games.

Lucky for you, as a fan of modern Final Fantasy you’re already used to cut corners in games, and should be fine with the experience. ;)
Final Fantasy games don’t cut corners on presentation, graphics, performance, and polish.

Which is pretty sad that the mainline game for one of the biggest franchises in the world seemingly has.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #7107 on: November 14, 2019, 07:50:49 PM »
Watched a little bit of the game on twitch, it looks fine and what I expected from a Pokémon game.

I’m shocked that some Pokémon fans were losing their shit over minor issues.  :doge

Tasty

« Reply #7108 on: November 14, 2019, 07:56:12 PM »
Watched a little bit of the game on twitch

:social2 Thanks for chiming in.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7109 on: November 14, 2019, 08:14:56 PM »
As someone who doesn’t have a vested interests in the series, I’m interested in Sword and Shield as I’ve always wanted a console main game is what I wanted since I was a kid. It looks a bit cheap, but whatever.

Was with you until this-

I don’t expect much from Switch or Nintendo games.

:nugenix
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7110 on: November 14, 2019, 09:12:16 PM »
I mean I’m not well versed on the Switch or Nintendo because I don’t care about them. But I can’t think of a Switch game that has blown me away on a technical, graphical, or presentation level. Yeah Astral Chain looked good and had some well directed cutscenes and pretty great production values. But I still wasn’t expecting amazingly done cutscenes, tons of voice acting, sleek ass ui, large scaled and detailed world, and extreme polish on the level of a AAA Sony title. I don’t think that’s what they even want to make.

I also don’t care about the Pokédex issue. I buy that modeling and balancing for 100s of Pokémon in a HD game would be a large amount of work. I’m also someone who through Red, Yellow, Silver, Gold, and Ruby never brought over thier Pokémon. Always started over and was really only intersted in the new ones anyway. Also I’ve never attempted to capture them all. I just get what looks cool and works for me and focus on that.

Anyway I’ve only liked these games because of the sense of adventure. If this one can do that I’d be happy.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 09:29:22 PM by Rahxephon91 »

james

« Reply #7111 on: November 14, 2019, 09:18:50 PM »
You don't deserve to be happy

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7112 on: November 14, 2019, 09:22:21 PM »
Seeing Nintards and Kojima stans freak out these recent weeks has already done that.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7114 on: November 15, 2019, 12:05:05 AM »
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7115 on: November 15, 2019, 02:48:33 AM »
ArtX :lawd

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7116 on: November 15, 2019, 07:52:13 AM »
https://www.gamepur.com/news/44736-pokemon-sword-shield-bug-wiping-save-files.html

Pokémon Sword and Shield releases today, but it looks like there's already a plethora of issues that are seriously putting in danger those who are going to play it. Read the following lines if you want to know what it is, and how you can skip it.

From what we've learned, there's a technical issue that basically wipes the files on the SD card that hosts the game, whether it's Sword and Shield. With a crash occuring, you get the SD card files corrupted and you can't play anymore, basically.

Originally, there's been a lot of commotion on the Internet because it looked like the title was being affected by save issues, and people initially thought that they would be losing their files upon crashes occurring. Anyway, it seems like that save files are not going to be harmed by that.

"For those who haven’t watched any of the videos that have claimed to have lost save data, it looks more like the SD card corrupted during a crash, and not that the save files are wiped," we can read on Reddit, thanks to a diligent user.

"Why this is important: Saves are not stored on the SD, but on internal memory. Near the end of the video, the person streaming accesses the save files, all of which are still reading as there. The games themselves are gone from the SD card, but the saves are perfectly fine."

Anyway, it's safe to state that it's better that you make a backup of your save files, waiting that Game Freak and The Pokémon Company manage to check the issue and secure the games in their entirety. You won't want to lose all of your saves because of a crash...

:yikes
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7117 on: November 15, 2019, 07:55:26 AM »
Looks like it might just be affecting the digital versions and disabling auto-save will stop it from happening.  They really did not need this kind of thing to happening with the shitstorm already surrounding the game.  :lol

https://gameranx.com/features/id/187201/article/pokemon-sword-shield-disable-autosaves-to-avoid-this-sd-card-corrupting-bug/

Before beginning your adventure in the new Galar Region, you’d better take some precautions to avoid a game-breaking bug that’s completely corrupting files in Pokémon Sword & Shield. The problem, reported by many players on Twitter and other sources, is related to the auto-save function. If you have downloaded games on you SD card, you might have to redownload them if this bug happens to you — which is incredibly annoying.

Basically, the best way to avoid this problem is to disable autosaves and only save manually. This also seems to only be occurring with the downloadable eShop version of Pokémon Sword & Shield — it’s the version most players are able to get a few hours earlier. The bug occurs when the game crashes when attempting to autosave. After the crash, you’ll be unable to access files on your SD card.

The Switch system will force you to reformat your SD card to make it usable again. Save files aren’t stored on the SD card, but everything else will be lost — video, screenshots, and games you’ve downloaded or installed will be deleted in the reformat. It’s incredibly annoying, and one of the worst Switch bugs I’ve heard about in recent memory.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #7118 on: November 15, 2019, 07:55:33 AM »
Please understand or  :miyamoto

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7119 on: November 15, 2019, 08:08:01 AM »

I NEED TO COLLECT THEM ALL

:rage
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #7121 on: November 15, 2019, 08:37:35 AM »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #7122 on: November 15, 2019, 08:48:19 AM »
Reading into that save bug thread, it apparently is linked to formatting your card with exFAT (or at least increases the chances of it happening)
fat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7123 on: November 15, 2019, 09:00:32 AM »
Sounds like its only an issue for people using custom firmware/hacks.

https://twitter.com/CentroPokemon/status/1195255138744705024
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 09:30:43 AM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7124 on: November 15, 2019, 09:07:29 AM »
I got Sword  8)

The blue cover is just cooler

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7125 on: November 15, 2019, 09:11:31 AM »
Reading into that save bug thread, it apparently is linked to formatting your card with exFAT (or at least increases the chances of it happening)

Yeah, appears to be the case.  Also may only be happening to people with shitty offbrand or bootleg micro SD cards.

Sounds like its only an issue for people using custom firmware/hacks.

https://twitter.com/CentroPokemon/status/1195255138744705024?s=20

I saw people saying the opposite and that pirates are not getting hit with this.   :lol
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #7126 on: November 15, 2019, 09:16:05 AM »
Pokemon and launch day save bugs that need emergency patches have gone hand in hand since X and Y on 3DS.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
No surprise that's also when the series took a sharp turn downhill in general :snob
[close]

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #7127 on: November 15, 2019, 10:11:00 AM »
A game that corrupts your SD card, wow that's normal

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7128 on: November 15, 2019, 10:17:08 AM »
It's apparently a known Switch OS issue that affects SD cards formatted in exFAT, and seems to lean more towards being an issue for people in the homebrew/piracy scene.
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7129 on: November 15, 2019, 10:32:06 AM »

I NEED TO COLLECT THEM ALL

:rage

Well you bought the wrong game then, didn’t you? #Dexit
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #7130 on: November 15, 2019, 10:32:21 AM »
It may just be that piraters are more likely to format their shit as exFAT.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7131 on: November 15, 2019, 10:33:02 AM »
It's apparently a known Switch OS issue that affects SD cards formatted in exFAT, and seems to lean more towards being an issue for people in the homebrew/piracy scene.

No- it's affecting people not doing piracy/homebrew.  There are now reports of this hitting people playing off the cart and a report was just made of this happening with auto-save turned off:

https://twitter.com/x010c/status/1195177415540015104

Ended up re-ordering this and will keep it sealed or just return it.  Not gonna play it until they get this shit straightened out.
ど助平

james

« Reply #7132 on: November 15, 2019, 10:37:33 AM »
Anyone supporting gamefreak after they lied to us sort of deserves it tbh

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7133 on: November 15, 2019, 10:37:50 AM »
Did you buy it Tasty?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7134 on: November 15, 2019, 10:47:58 AM »

It's almost like this game was made by Bethesda instead of Creature/Game Freak!  :P
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7135 on: November 15, 2019, 10:57:51 AM »

Victim blaming

james

« Reply #7136 on: November 15, 2019, 11:03:11 AM »

Victim blaming

This is war. There are no victims, only casualties.

Tasty

« Reply #7137 on: November 15, 2019, 11:06:47 AM »
Did you buy it Tasty?

No. And I probably won't unless my niece gets Sword and pesters me about it, cause I really can't say no at that point.

But otherwise, no.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7138 on: November 15, 2019, 11:37:10 AM »
It's pretty fun so far. :trumps
dog

Chooky

« Reply #7139 on: November 15, 2019, 11:39:17 AM »
watched some of the game on Twitch and it looked like a regular pokemon game with slightly improved graphics. hyperbolic entitled manchildren gamers self-own again.