Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 942779 times)

Rahxephon91

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #11460 on: July 24, 2022, 07:09:07 PM »
Xenoblade 3 has fully leaked.

I've read some spoilerish things and I'm shellshocked but also proud of Rex :pika
That image just confirms my hate.

Never tell me XB2 wasn't an otaku pandery pos.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #11461 on: July 25, 2022, 11:15:41 AM »
Meanwhile, that leaked info just solidifies my decision to get the game.

:yeshrug

Svejk

« Reply #11462 on: July 25, 2022, 12:34:23 PM »
I totally have been getting Phantasy Star vibes from screens I've seen...  I'd be all over XB3 if not for the fact I still need to finish playing through XB1 first.  :-[

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11463 on: July 26, 2022, 08:19:22 AM »
I totally have been getting Phantasy Star vibes from screens I've seen...  I'd be all over XB3 if not for the fact I still need to finish playing through XB1 first.  :-[

You're gonna need to play XBC2 (and Torna), too- been watching videos on this series and skipping over the second one appears like it would leave a lot out of what you get from the third game.  XBC3's game world is a fusion of both XBC1 and XBC2.

Also despite this series supposedly not being linked to Xenosaga (never mind KOS-MOS in XBC2), the intro to the first Xenosaga clearly ties into the story. 
:confused

I've read some spoilerish things and I'm shellshocked but also proud of Rex :pika

spoiler (click to show/hide)
So you buying XBC3 on day one or waiting a bit, Rahx?  :doge
[close]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 08:23:49 AM by bork »
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #11464 on: July 26, 2022, 09:21:24 AM »

You're gonna need to play XBC2 (and Torna), too- been watching videos on this series and skipping over the second one appears like it would leave a lot out of what you get from the third game.  XBC3's game world is a fusion of both XBC1 and XBC2.

Also despite this series supposedly not being linked to Xenosaga (never mind KOS-MOS in XBC2), the intro to the first Xenosaga clearly ties into the story. 
Nah.. Not that important to me... I still praise Xenogears as the best JRPG, but I can't remember everything about it...it wouldn't make that much of difference for the amount of a time sink it would be.  (It's already a tremendous effort to switch cartridges.. yeah I'm that lazy)  All these are made with enough heft to play stand alone.  Art direction and gameplay will easily move me along enough to enjoy it...  The story is a bonus. (And will probably be partially forgotten a year or two afterwards) :heh 
Plus, I never played through the Xenosaga series...  :doge  I remember being excited to play them, fired it up and was immediately like... this is not Xenogears. :lol
[close]

Edit: Some reviews say it can take up to 150 hours to complete?!?  :existential I'll never play through this...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 09:37:11 AM by Svejk »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11465 on: July 26, 2022, 10:54:05 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

So you buying XBC3 on day one or waiting a bit, Rahx?  :doge
[close]
No, I already canceled my pre-order. I know I'm not going  to like this game so why waste anymore energy on it. 100+ hours to beat also sounds unappealing. I'll just continue to play Live A Live, a game that dosen't embarrass me.

I just don't know why the Xeno games became this kind of a anime schlock.

Also I really doubt you have to play other games to enjoy this one. Yes XB2 connects to 1, but it doesn't make or break the game.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 11:09:10 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11466 on: July 26, 2022, 11:59:24 AM »
Xeno games have always been anime schlock.
©@©™

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #11467 on: July 26, 2022, 12:06:46 PM »
If Nintendo doesnt anounce the new mario kart tracks this week I am asking for a refund
:O

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11468 on: July 26, 2022, 12:51:56 PM »
Nah, not really. Not like this anyway. Sci fi schlock with philosophy quotes, religious terms, and robot women. The good kind of anime. Not bland anime boy fucks his two animu waifu, the loser of the harem, and his babies with all three.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 01:10:44 PM by Rahxephon91 »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11469 on: July 26, 2022, 01:24:36 PM »
Nah, not really. Not like this anyway. Sci fi schlock with philosophy quotes, religious terms, and robot women. The good kind of anime. Not bland anime boy fucks his two animu waifu, the loser of the harem, and his babies with all three.

Who cares?  Rex and the tiddy crew aren't in this game apart from whatever that easter egg is.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #11470 on: July 26, 2022, 01:47:01 PM »
I dont get the big deal about Xenoblade. Games always seemed typical jrpg trash to me 🤷🏼‍♂️
What

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11471 on: July 26, 2022, 01:59:20 PM »

Who cares?  Rex and the tiddy crew aren't in this game apart from whatever that easter egg is.
I care.

If they thought the lame otaku harem shit was fine and popular in two. To the point to give some fanservice to it in three. Three is bound to fall in line and continue that style. It already has a lame teen angst sounding premise.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11472 on: July 26, 2022, 02:54:47 PM »
If Nintendo doesnt anounce the new mario kart tracks this week I am asking for a refund
Nintendo doesn't do refunds :miyamoto
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #11473 on: July 26, 2022, 02:56:45 PM »

I agree. There should be more JRPGs focused on male comeraderie.

I didn't play FF15 but something like that idea. Make that the new trend. :D

Tasty

« Reply #11474 on: July 26, 2022, 02:58:32 PM »

I still haven't played the first set, uh, out of protest.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #11475 on: July 26, 2022, 03:21:24 PM »

I agree. There should be more JRPGs focused on male comeraderie.

I didn't play FF15 but something like that idea. Make that the new trend. :D

That stuff was unironically the best part of FF15. Cut out all the anime bullshit and just let me hang with the bros.

(If the time stamp don't work just go to 4:10 to skip the anime shit at the start.)

Had the game entirely been like that bit from the intro it would've been one of my favourite games.

Tasty

« Reply #11476 on: July 26, 2022, 06:20:06 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #11477 on: July 26, 2022, 09:35:54 PM »
XB3 reviews from the major sites are pretty similar to XB2. Hmm...not really helpful.

Gamespot 7 -> Gamespot 8
IGN 8.5 -> IGN 8
Game Informer 7.5 > Game Informer 7.25

« Reply #11478 on: July 27, 2022, 02:16:46 AM »
whenever these anime games try to give "character focused" like 2 did over 1, it always falls apart. they try to write these growth arcs for all the characters and its always the same 3 stories. just write likeable characters and make the focus on the world, villains and plot. i dont care that nia learns to accept herself, but i care that some scientist blew up the world and became an inter dimensional robot god.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11479 on: July 27, 2022, 03:13:24 AM »
Nia didn't learn anything. She eventually got plowed into child birth just like the other two animu waifus that talked about sacrifice only to come back and also get plowed and discover mom clothes.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11480 on: July 27, 2022, 07:46:25 AM »
Xenobate 3 :pika

Xenobait 3 :pika
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #11481 on: July 28, 2022, 09:25:57 AM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11482 on: July 28, 2022, 09:32:52 AM »
Waluigi Pinball :rejoice

let's-a fucking gooooo :mario

Nintendo: "these are remastered tracks"
Also Nintendo: "here's a brand new track made of ice cream lol"

« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 09:42:56 AM by Nintex »
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #11483 on: July 28, 2022, 10:03:09 AM »
When is a new legit Nintendo game coming out tho
What

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11484 on: July 28, 2022, 11:37:34 AM »
Tomorrow
©@©™

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #11485 on: July 28, 2022, 12:09:38 PM »
Nintendo doesn't do refunds :miyamoto

They take my threats very seriously Im one of their best customers

:bolo
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11486 on: July 28, 2022, 01:58:36 PM »
I kept you from asking a refund so you could enjoy the Mario Kart 8: Deluxe Booster Pass Wave 2 :mario
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #11487 on: July 28, 2022, 02:24:36 PM »

Man still looks basic as fuck to me coming from vanilla MK8's art style.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11488 on: July 28, 2022, 02:26:59 PM »

:hyper

:hyper  :hyper
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11489 on: July 28, 2022, 02:36:17 PM »
Let it die.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #11490 on: July 28, 2022, 03:46:33 PM »
Let it die.

The sequel to that game is coming to PS4/PS5.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11491 on: July 28, 2022, 04:53:34 PM »
Let it die.
No, we will have many more Xenoblade games :rejoice

For starters they're planning a DLC expansion for XBC3 that is as big as XBC2 Torna.
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11492 on: July 28, 2022, 05:04:59 PM »
Hopefully that includes a X 2 for the boomer anime fan.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11493 on: July 28, 2022, 05:09:15 PM »

Rahx is so hype for this game
:lawd
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #11494 on: July 28, 2022, 05:11:43 PM »
I mean if Xenoblade Chronicles as a brand includes X so at least there can be some variety, that's fine.
Xenoblade Chronicles Saga or something can happen too.

But if it means titty anime field check rpg every 4 years for another two decades, zzzzz.

Before playing it, I feel like the reviews all coming in pretty similar to XB2 is basically making XB3 sounds like...more of the same already. Whereas XBX was a big depature from XBC1 and XBC2 was a big depature from XB1 and XBX. Last thing I want is them just getting formulaic because XB2 and it's big tiddys sold a few million copies.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11495 on: July 28, 2022, 05:12:04 PM »

Man still looks basic as fuck to me coming from vanilla MK8's art style.

Some of those tracks look pretty improved over the first batch.  Especially that Waluigi Pinball stage.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11496 on: July 28, 2022, 05:13:33 PM »
I mean if Xenoblade Chronicles as a brand includes X so at least there can be some variety, that's fine.

But if it means titty anime field check rpg every 4 years for another two decades, zzzzz.

Before playing it, I feel like the reviews all coming in pretty similar to XB2 is basically making XB3 sounds like...more of the same already. Whereas XBX was a big depature from XBC1 and XBC2 was a big depature from XB1 and XBX. Last thing I want is them just getting formulaic because XB2 and it's big tiddys sold a few million copies.

Have you not checked out anything on this game?  It doesn't look anything like XBC2 did design-wise. The mecha/armor fusion stuff looks pretty cool too.

It will probably be forever before I play XBC3, but what impressed me was Digital Foundry saying that they've improved the game visually and it looks much better compared to the last game.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11497 on: July 28, 2022, 05:16:06 PM »
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #11498 on: July 28, 2022, 09:25:33 PM »

Have you not checked out anything on this game?  It doesn't look anything like XBC2 did design-wise. The mecha/armor fusion stuff looks pretty cool too.

It will probably be forever before I play XBC3, but what impressed me was Digital Foundry saying that they've improved the game visually and it looks much better compared to the last game.
I could've told you that.  :betty

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11499 on: July 29, 2022, 08:39:47 AM »

It just arrived in the mail.  :rejoice
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11500 on: July 29, 2022, 09:35:07 AM »

I could've told you that.  :betty

:doge

Stuff like the resolution, not the detail.  :P
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11501 on: July 29, 2022, 09:36:16 AM »
On the subject of Xenoblade, I've been playing XBC1 DE again and am 12 hours in.  I don't know if I like the combat, to the point that I may just drop it and give XBC2 a try again.  It just feels boring and like I'm not doing much as everything auto-battles around me.  I just do some commands and make sure to use the Monado ability for normal weapons to hurt Mechon when fighting them, plus chains when able.  Am I missing something?

I really just want to play XBC3 TBH but would like to play the older games.
:thinking
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #11502 on: July 29, 2022, 10:04:16 AM »
Played some last night. Game looks so terrible in both portable and docked. Not seeing the upgrade from 2. The resolution seems really low and everything is blurry.

Tasty

« Reply #11503 on: July 29, 2022, 11:25:17 AM »
bebps I just think at this point your eyes have been ruined by 4K lol. Can you even enjoy retro games on their original systems anymore?

« Reply #11504 on: July 29, 2022, 11:47:37 AM »
xenoblade 3 slays

Bebpo

« Reply #11505 on: July 29, 2022, 11:52:55 AM »
bebps I just think at this point your eyes have been ruined by 4K lol. Can you even enjoy retro games on their original systems anymore?

Sure. I'd say MGS1 on PS1 has better image quality than XB3 and is easier on the eyes. I don't mind low-res stuff just hate blurryness.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11506 on: July 29, 2022, 11:54:35 AM »
On the subject of Xenoblade, I've been playing XBC1 DE again and am 12 hours in.  I don't know if I like the combat, to the point that I may just drop it and give XBC2 a try again.  It just feels boring and like I'm not doing much as everything auto-battles around me.  I just do some commands and make sure to use the Monado ability for normal weapons to hurt Mechon when fighting them, plus chains when able.  Am I missing something?

It's mostly just stacking up the combo's and doing the chains. Xenoblade 1 really is about the locales, story and characters and less about the battle system although bosses can be cool to fight.
I enjoy playing as the Magic users more and the game opens up far more when you're not just stuck with Reyn Time and the Medic Sniper.

Once you unlock Melia you should just play as Melia though. (unless you need to wreck some Mechon).
Overall the game rewards you for switching the lead character a couple of times. Certain quests and conversations depend on which character you're playing as.

In a way though the story is self-contained. Xenoblade 1 is pretty much a finished arc. It could've ended with that 1 game actually.
Which really makes me wonder how they 'merged' the worlds in 3 and how that all came to be.

And despite how good XB:DE is, it still has all the limitations of a Wii game.
The roughest bit is probably where you are at now. The game has plenty of events to shake things up but it takes a while to get going and most side quests at that point are short and basic.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #11507 on: July 29, 2022, 11:55:05 AM »

Also, playing XB1-3 back to back is a fucking terrible idea. These games are like 100+ hours each.

Bork, I thought you don't even like rpgs. Just play XB3 since it's the new hotness. XB1 is still probably the best of the three games, but it's older and it seems like you'd rather play the current one.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11508 on: July 29, 2022, 12:32:59 PM »
No no Xenoblade 2 is up borks alley.

Bebpo

« Reply #11509 on: July 29, 2022, 01:04:57 PM »

:bowsette

Svejk

« Reply #11510 on: July 29, 2022, 01:37:02 PM »
Bork, just go back to the far superior Elden Ring, get a waifu mod and keep XB3 sealed and shelved and call it a day.
  :wow

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11511 on: July 29, 2022, 06:53:09 PM »
I played Xenoblade 3 for about 4 hours and it is really, really good.
Although if you didn't like Xenoblade 1 or 2 you probably won't enjoy this either.
If you did enjoy those and especially 1, you're going to absolutely love this.

Ok, now Mitsuda can you give us the normal battle theme. You know, when you're fighting a rabbit or wasp or something

Wow... ok. Now give us the first boss battle. You know the slightly oversized crab

🤴

Tuckers Law

« Reply #11512 on: July 29, 2022, 07:22:32 PM »
Lol that’s accurate.  His battle themes fuck.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11513 on: July 29, 2022, 07:31:12 PM »
Getting Digimon Survive instead.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11514 on: July 29, 2022, 07:50:52 PM »
Lol that’s accurate.  His battle themes fuck.
From flute to electric guitars in 3 seconds :lawd
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11515 on: July 29, 2022, 09:19:55 PM »

Also, playing XB1-3 back to back is a fucking terrible idea. These games are like 100+ hours each.

Oh, no way I'd do that.  I'd take a long break before the next one.

Bork, I thought you don't even like rpgs. Just play XB3 since it's the new hotness. XB1 is still probably the best of the three games, but it's older and it seems like you'd rather play the current one.

I try to play them sometimes and have a preference for playing them on handhelds.  I'm actually looking forward to finally playing some Persona 5 once Royal is released for Switch and Steam.  Will finally play it on one of those platforms.

:bowsette

Rahx knows what up since he's also a huge perv  :umad
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11516 on: July 29, 2022, 09:20:23 PM »
Bork, just go back to the far superior Elden Ring, get a waifu mod and keep XB3 sealed and shelved and call it a day.
  :wow

:lawd
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11517 on: July 29, 2022, 09:21:23 PM »
Played some last night. Game looks so terrible in both portable and docked. Not seeing the upgrade from 2. The resolution seems really low and everything is blurry.

:wut

:bolo
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11518 on: July 29, 2022, 10:52:06 PM »
Yeah the videos I've seen dont make it look to be this great-looking game. Looks very muddy.

« Reply #11519 on: July 30, 2022, 01:37:55 AM »
It looks really good actually. I haven’t tried it handheld, but on tv it looks way better than 2 or DE. More detailed environments with the giant mechs and unique geography. Character designs are way way way better than anything that came before.