Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5450629 times)

Himu

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| The Last Refuge of Cowards and Boreans
« Reply #22560 on: August 06, 2018, 01:37:22 AM »
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mercatus.org%2Fsystem%2Ffiles%2Fblahous-costs-medicare-mercatus-working-paper-v1_1.pdf

Table 2, "Change in healthcare spending" and "Administrative cost savings."

Basically Mercatus, a pro-market think tank, did a cost-projection study on M4A which showed it would save money (oopsie!), then notified the press by blasting out a summary which talks about the "unprecedented strain on the federal budget" while leaving out that finding, burying it in the charts and assuming reporters would be too lazy to dig it up themselves.

Whatever you think of the projections (maybe they're wrong! this kind of thing is hard to do), their motive is pretty clear.

Thank you very much for the correction!
IYKYK

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #22561 on: August 06, 2018, 03:05:52 AM »
Fucking polacks

One of my dumb ass cousins in the states is a trump supporter

His parents are effing immigrants but he thinks they made it due to hard work when in reality his momma got her doctor degree for free kn Poland before they emigrated and he is coasting of that as her kid

Hes also against immigrants

Wish he could be deported back to Poland so he could take some Ls on life
Oh, I can do better than this - one side of my family were in the fucking holding camps before coming over to the US and guess who some of them support!
What the fuck is he even saying.
Even when you rearrange the sentence:
"Must also clear trees to stop fire from spreading"

it still makes no fucking sense.  :lol

Also, water diverted to the ocean. Isn't that just the endpoint of the rivers?  ???
WHERE WE GO ONE WE GO ALL :trumps
Hi

kingv

« Reply #22562 on: August 06, 2018, 10:18:12 AM »
I think to go understand this tweet, you need to understand that Trump thinks he’s uniquely genius

Actually, I think that this is a sign of his stupidity. IMO, as you get more and more domain expertise it actually tends to make you less certain of outcomes, because there are more variables you are considering.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

Nola

« Reply #22564 on: August 06, 2018, 11:59:19 AM »
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1026163246057828357

Definitely think this accurately sums up the base of the 2018 Trump/Republican Party. 

agrajag

« Reply #22565 on: August 06, 2018, 12:04:41 PM »
My cousin's family are Q people.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #22567 on: August 06, 2018, 01:06:49 PM »
Obnoxious Twitter link that could have been a link to the article instead.

As 2018 arrived, the Auto Alliance even pushed junk science, questioning in a legal document whether tailpipe pollution causes early deaths. (Decades of research has found that it does.) The Alliance also quoted legitimate studies out of context, implying that climate scientists “tune” their models to arrive at certain outcomes and that global warming does not exacerbate drought or hurricanes.

Very important for legal entities to have them free speech [sic].

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22568 on: August 06, 2018, 01:59:19 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1026524292396273664

Trump's really obsessed with this water thing.
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Himu

« Reply #22570 on: August 06, 2018, 03:56:05 PM »
DUMP THE PACIFIC OCEAN, ALL OF IT, ON CALIFORNIA. SOLVES DROUGHT AND FIRE WOES.

Checkmate libs
IYKYK

El Babua

« Reply #22571 on: August 06, 2018, 04:16:25 PM »
Corncob the cons

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22572 on: August 06, 2018, 04:22:43 PM »
Think of California with plenty of Water - Nice!

©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #22575 on: August 06, 2018, 04:51:18 PM »
Don't believe the lies of snitchy Rick Gates. Witchhunt!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22576 on: August 06, 2018, 04:55:48 PM »
Will have to switch from Witch Hunt to Moscow Trials.
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22577 on: August 06, 2018, 05:09:43 PM »
Seems like Bolton is trying to start a war with Iran before he loses this opportunity.

Sanctions against Iran will be reimposed around midnight, basically snapping the neck of their already ailing economy.
If they don't want the sanctions to be imposed they should come to the table and negotiate with Trump.
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #22578 on: August 06, 2018, 05:34:37 PM »
If they don't want the sanctions to be imposed they should come to the table and negotiate with Trump.

Yeah, this is a great idea and not at all dumb.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22579 on: August 06, 2018, 06:06:01 PM »
The Rick story has a twist.

He says he embezzled hundreds of thousands of dollars he handled for Manafort and Manafort did not know

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1026578182563086337

:lol
🤴

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #22580 on: August 06, 2018, 06:32:03 PM »
A few months ago the idiots in this forum were melting down because I said the San Fransisco tech hipsters are coordinating with each other to censor and enforce specific anti-free speech policies.

Today Spotify, youtube, Apple, facebook banned all Alex Jones' channels. The guy is a dipshit but holy shit at these fuckers conspiring with each other to pretty much completely de-platform someone from social media and almost every big media platform on the internet. 

Infowars fires back after Apple, Facebook, YouTube remove Alex Jones content

You were wrong again, geniuses.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #22581 on: August 06, 2018, 06:36:58 PM »
I wish someone would censor you, too.
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #22582 on: August 06, 2018, 06:39:46 PM »
Sanctions against Iran will be reimposed around midnight, basically snapping the neck of their already ailing economy.
This post is as hyperbolic as any of your others. The EU already said it would be continuing to participate in the deal with Iran. I don't think anything has changed in that regard.
每天生气

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #22583 on: August 06, 2018, 06:39:50 PM »
A few months ago the idiots in this forum were melting down because I said the San Fransisco tech hipsters are coordinating with each other to censor and enforce specific anti-free speech policies.

Today Spotify, youtube, Apple, facebook banned all Alex Jones' channels. The guy is a dipshit but holy shit at these fuckers conspiring with each other to pretty much completely de-platform someone from social media and almost every big media platform on the internet. 

You don't know what free speech is, do you. Maybe you really are Russian after all.

kingv

« Reply #22584 on: August 06, 2018, 06:47:29 PM »
Sometimes I feel like YouTube and Facebook are conspiring against me.

They keep taking down my “cross dressing bear shoots massive load” videos from my timeline :-/

Optimus

« Reply #22585 on: August 06, 2018, 06:47:45 PM »

You don't know what free speech is, do you. Maybe you really are Russian after all.

Cue the idiotic SJW definition of "free speech is just law only specific to the government" and then me explaining that is definitely false plus corporations should not have so much power to control and manipulate public discussion forums like the internet. I've had this shitty discussion a million times about this dumb talking point, find a better one I'm too tired today to do this all over again.

Before you get all high and mighty, you should read the Infowars coverage of this, Optimus. Where they compare it to Skynet becoming sentient, link it with search engine censorship in China, ask why 5 unrelated comedy channels that make fun of Alex Jones aren't banned, say it's because the lamestream media are silencing Trump's agenda (which means Infowars is propaganda for Trump then?), among other wacky things like complaining about how they've been shadow banned for months anyway.

The bullshit Jones is peddling have nothing to do with the issue.

agrajag

« Reply #22586 on: August 06, 2018, 06:48:59 PM »
Be upset that Alex Jones is banned from the internet brehs.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #22587 on: August 06, 2018, 06:53:50 PM »

Cue the idiotic SJW definition of "free speech is just law only specific to the government" and then me explaining that is definitely false plus corporations should not have so much power to control and manipulate public discussion forums like the internet. I've had this shitty discussion a million times about this dumb talking point, find a better one I'm too tired today to do this all over again.

Before you get all high and mighty, you should read the Infowars coverage of this, Optimus. Where they compare it to Skynet becoming sentient, link it with search engine censorship in China, ask why 5 unrelated comedy channels that make fun of Alex Jones aren't banned, say it's because the lamestream media are silencing Trump's agenda (which means Infowars is propaganda for Trump then?), among other wacky things like complaining about how they've been shadow banned for months anyway.

The bullshit Jones is peddling have nothing to do with the issue.

But...private corporations and businesses have pretty broad discretion when it comes to the type of speech they allow on their platform. Spotify/Apple/etc can do what they want in this regard. There is no legal or moral obligation for them to allow everything on their platform. Hate music is banned on Spotify for instance, that's their call. I assume you're arguing hate music should be allowed on Spotify too right?

This is not a free speech issue and you clearly are confused.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #22588 on: August 06, 2018, 06:55:21 PM »
Is there any reason to believe this is the result of a collusive effort to undermine free speech generally vs. a reluctant move in response to public pressure?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22589 on: August 06, 2018, 07:02:25 PM »
Jones claimed that he had expected the ban and had prepared for it. He urged his followers to react to the ban by buying more of his InfoWars dietary supplements, imploring them to “feed your gladiator.”
:trumps

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #22590 on: August 06, 2018, 07:02:33 PM »
really upset that the guy who harasses parents whose kids died at Sandy Hook is being deprived of a platform

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22591 on: August 06, 2018, 07:20:39 PM »
Alex Jones is a habitual line-stepper, he should have been kicked off these outlets a long time ago.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22592 on: August 06, 2018, 07:22:37 PM »
Years from now, perhaps long after he's dead future generations will see the genius of Alex Jones and appreciate his talent as an actor and entertainer.
Much like how our generation discovered that Blade Runner was actually good.
🤴

Nola

« Reply #22593 on: August 06, 2018, 07:33:07 PM »
Probably not

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22595 on: August 06, 2018, 07:51:50 PM »
There is a moron on Fox claiming I chain smoke cigarettes worrying about the President’s tweets. Don’t smoke cigarettes. Hate ‘me. Smoke only premium cigars and I hope this idiot is not a lawyer because if he is he should sue his Law School.

:thinking
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #22596 on: August 06, 2018, 08:00:34 PM »
Cue the idiotic SJW definition of "free speech is just law only specific to the government" and then me explaining that is definitely false
Go ahead.

plus corporations should not have so much power to control and manipulate public discussion forums like the internet.
Good thing they aren't doing that then. They only control their own fiefdoms. Or what do you mean by "the internet"?

agrajag

« Reply #22597 on: August 06, 2018, 08:02:36 PM »
There is a moron on Fox claiming I chain smoke cigarettes worrying about the President’s tweets. Don’t smoke cigarettes. Hate ‘me. Smoke only premium cigars and I hope this idiot is not a lawyer because if he is he should sue his Law School.

Du
Du hast mich
Du hast mich
Du hast mich gefragt
Du hast mich gefragt
Du hast mich gefragt und ich hab nichts gesagt

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #22598 on: August 06, 2018, 08:24:15 PM »

The Bore has officially gone mainstream. Assy McGee Teen Angst Thread's influence
:rejoice

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #22599 on: August 06, 2018, 08:56:07 PM »
Christ I come back from vacation and accidentally read an Optimus post about Alex Jones and free speech. :'(
vin

agrajag

« Reply #22600 on: August 06, 2018, 09:46:49 PM »
So a Democrat might win Ohio's 12th district

:leon

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #22601 on: August 06, 2018, 09:55:19 PM »
Don't fall for early returns tomorrow. The democrat will probably be up 30 points due to the early voting at the start, according to Nate Cohn, but ultimately it's going to be close. Regardless...it's a R +12 district, the fact that we're even having this conversation suggests republicans are fucked across the country. Regardless of whether dems win the seat tomorrow or not.

agrajag

« Reply #22602 on: August 06, 2018, 10:01:00 PM »
I know, which is why I said might. He was up in the latest poll by 1 pt, fwiw

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #22603 on: August 06, 2018, 10:09:07 PM »
So the government should determine what these companies have to allow on their networks? :thinking
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 10:16:57 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #22604 on: August 06, 2018, 10:16:44 PM »
So should the government should determine what these companies have to allow on their networks? :thinking

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #22605 on: August 06, 2018, 10:46:47 PM »
Was just thinking about how the conservatives spent years freaking out over the possibility of Obama bringing back the Fairness Doctrine now want to regulate social media like public utilities and I think I gave myself a concussion.

El Babua

« Reply #22606 on: August 06, 2018, 10:57:10 PM »
Nationalize the internet :rejoice

Kara

« Reply #22607 on: August 06, 2018, 11:17:00 PM »
RE: Trump and water - Water is a meat and potatoes issue for rural conservatives in California. For example, when you drive through the agricultural areas in the central part of the state you'll see many deranged signs posted on the roadside of farms that rant about a Congressionally-mandated dust bowl because the farmers that own them don't actually want to accept personal responsibility for engaging in cash cropping instead of productive cultivation.

San Franciscans also whine about water too, demonstrating once and for all that fishhook theory is correct thought and horseshoe theory is deviationism.

benjipwns

« Reply #22608 on: August 06, 2018, 11:25:27 PM »
I think you mean CORNCOB THEORY:

Kara

« Reply #22609 on: August 06, 2018, 11:50:18 PM »
I only recognize one political use of corncob.

benjipwns

« Reply #22610 on: August 07, 2018, 12:51:35 AM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
[close]
[close]

benjipwns

shosta

« Reply #22612 on: August 07, 2018, 01:11:54 AM »
a lot of #resistance stuff [...] stinks of weaponized homophobia by people who didn't think people who weren't straight were people 10-15 years ago.
smh at this blatant hypocrisy
#cobgate
每天生气

Kara

benjipwns

« Reply #22614 on: August 07, 2018, 01:23:07 AM »
Naming it the "School of Authentic Journalism" kinda seems like protesting too much.

agrajag

« Reply #22615 on: August 07, 2018, 01:28:40 AM »
They just want to make sure they're not associated with the Fake News Media that is starting wars.

Kara

« Reply #22616 on: August 07, 2018, 01:31:14 AM »
I love how extremely online Neera Tanden is, BTW. When it came out that Lana Del Raytheon (an extremely online--hopefully--former member of DSA Los Angeles) was a creep she actually tweeted about it because they used to pick on her all the time as part of building class consciousness a personal #brand.

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #22617 on: August 07, 2018, 01:45:09 AM »
RE: Trump and water - Water is a meat and potatoes issue for rural conservatives in California. For example, when you drive through the agricultural areas in the central part of the state you'll see many deranged signs posted on the roadside of farms that rant about a Congressionally-mandated dust bowl because the farmers that own them don't actually want to accept personal responsibility for engaging in cash cropping instead of productive cultivation.

San Franciscans also whine about water too, demonstrating once and for all that fishhook theory is correct thought and horseshoe theory is deviationism.
my theory is trump recently saw quantum of solace

El Babua

« Reply #22618 on: August 07, 2018, 02:26:14 AM »

Optimus

« Reply #22619 on: August 07, 2018, 02:57:51 AM »
So the government should determine what these companies have to allow on their networks? :thinking

No, companies should be regulated like the government does regarding free-speech because these fucks are colluding to censor a public space. And to per-empt, don't give me this "make your own social media!" bullshit reply please.

Be upset that Alex Jones is banned from the internet brehs.

Keep missing the point, bruh.