Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5453112 times)

jorma

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| We need wall!
« Reply #28800 on: December 30, 2018, 08:46:16 AM »
You flatter me.

Things would be great if you would just get raped by an elephant. The elephant's dick plowing through your digestive tract without regard for biological arrangements while its trunk rips off your dick and stuffs it down your throat. That would be fantastic.

The fuck is wrong with you bro

It's a US Politics discussion thread after all, i don't see anything out of the ordinary in his post.   :doge

agrajag

« Reply #28801 on: December 30, 2018, 08:47:14 AM »
That's about as likely to happen as Hillary becoming president.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #28803 on: December 30, 2018, 04:12:23 PM »
You flatter me.

Things would be great if you would just get raped by an elephant. The elephant's dick plowing through your digestive tract without regard for biological arrangements while its trunk rips off your dick and stuffs it down your throat. That would be fantastic.

The fuck is wrong with you bro

It's polibore's official policy to treat his outbursts of rage like an in-joke instead of symptomatic of a serious problem

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #28805 on: December 31, 2018, 12:49:09 PM »
Wapo was afraid they might've missed the hottest take of the year.
https://twitter.com/PostOpinions/status/1079782013450809344

Well, that's random
https://twitter.com/ForeignPolicy/status/1079784374982361089
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 12:53:34 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #28806 on: December 31, 2018, 02:01:15 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1079721675346923520

:lol

White House aides keep on saying it doesn't have to be a physical solid wall, and then Trump keeps on doubling down on it.

agrajag

« Reply #28807 on: December 31, 2018, 02:30:39 PM »
what's the point of having "some parts" concrete if a "see-through wall" is better? Wouldn't you want all portions of the wall to be see-through, and not have patches of inferior and more expensive concrete wall?

agrajag

« Reply #28808 on: December 31, 2018, 02:37:02 PM »
yeah, but his own base would spit roast him if he backed down from the word "wall."

the government is shut down over semantics

:dead

shosta

« Reply #28809 on: December 31, 2018, 02:44:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1079721675346923520

:lol

White House aides keep on saying it doesn't have to be a physical solid wall, and then Trump keeps on doubling down on it.
it's sort of unfortunate for the administration that the president is brain damaged
每天生气

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #28810 on: December 31, 2018, 03:30:10 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/31/us/politics/elizabeth-warren-2020-president-announcement.html
Senator Elizabeth Warren, the Massachusetts Democrat and a sharp critic of big banks and unregulated capitalism, entered the 2020 race for president on Monday, becoming the first major candidate in what is likely to be a long and crowded primary marked by ideological and generational divisions in a Democratic Party desperate to beat President Trump.

In an 8:30 a.m. email to supporters on New Year’s Eve — 13 months before the first votes will be cast in the Iowa caucuses — Ms. Warren said she was forming an exploratory committee, which allows her to raise money and fill staff positions before a formal kickoff of her presidential bid. Ms. Warren also released a video that leaned on the anti-Wall Street themes, a campaign message that drew strong praise Monday morning from liberal groups.

“I’ve spent my career getting to the bottom of why America’s promise works for some families, but others, who work just as hard, slip through the cracks into disaster,” Ms. Warren said in the video. “And what I’ve found is terrifying: these aren’t cracks families are falling into, they’re traps. America’s middle class is under attack.”

“But this dark path doesn’t have to be our future,” she continued. “We can make our democracy work for all of us. We can make our economy work for all of us.”

benjipwns

« Reply #28811 on: December 31, 2018, 03:37:50 PM »
change the thread title to "We need concrete wall full of naked cleavage holes!" mods, tyia

Tripon

« Reply #28812 on: December 31, 2018, 04:33:30 PM »
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/31/william-barr-border-wall-1077358

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump’s pick for attorney general, William Barr, once questioned the value of a wall along the Mexican border similar to the one the president has advocated, describing the idea as “overkill.”

Barr was attorney general under President George H.W. Bush when he was asked in a Feb. 24, 1992, interview whether he supported a proposal from Republican presidential challenger Pat Buchanan to erect a barrier of ditches and fences along the border to stop illegal immigration.

“I don’t think it’s necessary. I think that’s overkill to put a barrier from one side of the border to the other,” Barr replied on “The MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour” on PBS. “In fact, the problem with illegal immigration across the border is really confined to major metropolitan areas. Illegal immigrants do not cross in the middle of the desert and walk hundreds of miles,” instead choosing more “certain specified routes.”

:doge
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 04:38:21 PM by Tripon »

BikeJesus

« Reply #28813 on: December 31, 2018, 06:20:09 PM »

Reporter: "Do you think she believes she can win?"

Trump: " Well you'd have to ask her psychiatrist".

:trumps

shosta

« Reply #28814 on: December 31, 2018, 06:27:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/1079741001491714054

I don't think the republicans are the deluded ones ::)
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #28815 on: December 31, 2018, 06:29:46 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #28817 on: December 31, 2018, 06:36:34 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #28818 on: December 31, 2018, 06:41:48 PM »

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #28819 on: December 31, 2018, 07:30:00 PM »
I dont understand how exactly government opens again.

House passes bill with no wall.

Trump says no.

So senate doesn't vote.

Trump doesn't care about government. He's a few days away from taking about how he's reducing the deficit by keeping government closed.

Unless he gets everything he asks for, he has zero incentive to sign anything.
:O

agrajag

« Reply #28820 on: December 31, 2018, 07:31:58 PM »
smaller government is the GOP's platform

james

« Reply #28821 on: December 31, 2018, 07:41:11 PM »
smaller government is the GOP's platform

Exactly. Every day the government is closed, the gop is winning.

kingv

« Reply #28822 on: December 31, 2018, 07:56:33 PM »
The federal government sort of has the same thing going for it all those huge defense contracts do.

There are thousands of federal employees in every state. I think the Dems are hoping to jam Republicans in the house and senate and are ignoring Trump, with the goal of passing both bills on veto proof majorities.

I do think that eventually the political pressure will get to enough Republicans to make them go ahead. A lot of Republicans are up for re-election in 2020 and many of the races are expected to be tight in the Senate. Eventually the TSA will stop showing up for work. It can’t go on forever.

agrajag

« Reply #28823 on: December 31, 2018, 08:02:11 PM »
The shitshow when Trump tries to "save money" by not giving them their retro pay will be spectacular.

james

« Reply #28824 on: December 31, 2018, 08:06:20 PM »
Tsa going on strike would be glorious

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #28825 on: December 31, 2018, 09:17:13 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1079906462753869825

"You have walls and you have wheels. It was always that way and it will always be that way" is definitely my favorite Blood Meridian line.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 10:30:41 PM by Phoenix Dark »

Tripon

« Reply #28826 on: December 31, 2018, 09:40:11 PM »
What's the wheel thing about?

Does the border wall feature wheels now?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #28827 on: December 31, 2018, 09:45:29 PM »
Walls work. Wheels work, too, just like walls.

That's all it is, I think. Reinforcing the argument, as it were.

kingv

« Reply #28828 on: December 31, 2018, 09:53:09 PM »
You gotta have rollaway. Seethrough and rollaway.

We need wall. We need rollaway and seethrough.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #28829 on: December 31, 2018, 10:33:57 PM »
At this rate any political platform(except DJT) in 2020 will be: "Will reopen the government"

In any case 2020 should have a debate between DJT, John McAfee and whoever the Democrats are running at that time (Warren?)

Shit would be lit.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 10:39:14 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Tripon

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #28831 on: January 01, 2019, 01:19:42 AM »
Honestly, the best contenders I can think of are the ones that lost a close election, Beto and Stacey Abrams. They already proved they have tough skin and showed that they can catalyze a lot of apathetic southern liberals. For the rest:

• Andrew Gillum: Can't have two black, masculine Dem presidents in a row. Just one got us Trump.
  • Kamala Harris: No children, from a west coast liberal state, former prosecutor with probably some iffy sentences, and she just doesn't seem likable/genuine.
  • Bloomberg: Lol fuck off.
  • Zuckerberg: Lol fuck off.
  • Joe Biden: Fuck off, you're old.
  • Bernie Sanders: Oh come one now, and fuck off you're old.
  • Elizabeth Warren: Generally like her policies, but thin-skinned and old, so fuck off.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Occam

« Reply #28833 on: January 01, 2019, 10:10:51 AM »
Funny how he named the disease he is suffering from after himself. Well, of course he did.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #28835 on: January 01, 2019, 01:16:24 PM »
Enjoy the ride everyone!!!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1080124615920373760

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/31/elizabeth-warren-hillary-clinton-1077008
Warren’s camp has been taking steps to prepare for her first full-fledged introduction to a national audience. In 2017, the campaign hired on a full-time videographer and now has several staffers dedicated solely to video. So far, Warren has invested more heavily in her digital infrastructure than any of her potential 2020 Democratic competitors.

One purpose of the ubiquitous video is to capture Warren in more relatable, personable moments and move them to social media platforms. Last week, for instance, while waiting at the airport for holiday travel, Warren recorded what looked to be an off-the-cuff video blasting President Donald Trump for his “tantrum” that prompted a government shutdown.
https://twitter.com/elizabethforma/status/1076610254723403776

By golly that's certainly relatable, off-the-cuff, personable

:dead
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 01:58:40 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Tripon

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #28837 on: January 01, 2019, 03:10:08 PM »
How bizarre must this be for your surroundings when you're not even American?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #28838 on: January 01, 2019, 03:41:37 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28839 on: January 01, 2019, 04:12:39 PM »
"toilet folks"
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #28840 on: January 01, 2019, 05:41:27 PM »
Watched Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 11/9

Obama was absolutely savage on the Flint water crisis.
First he goes there to do a conference for the worried community.
"Can someone get me a glass of water? This isn't a stunt I actually wanted a glass of water" he takes a sip of water (well, just barely has his lips touch it)
"See folks, everything's fine! As a kid I had lead from eating paint chips (actual quote)"

Then he meets with Snyder and the others in a more 'formal' setting and does the same thing repeating the phrase: "this isn't a stunt I actually wanted a glass of water".

The citizens are pissed and a mural of Obama is defaced. Some months pass and the military comes in for a massive drill without prior announcement.
Blowing up buildings, sending in troops, helicopters overhead etc. . Basically scaring the shit out of everyone who lives there.
Related to the mural, who knows. But Michael can tell a story I give him that.

Anyhow, some interesting pieces also on how in general the system is broken. Grass roots political movements and of course a lot of Trump.
Although again this documentary (more of a think piece? really) goes in a strange place where Trump didn't want to become President (he just wanted a raise for the Apprentice and wanted to show NBC he was worth 'more' than Gwen Stefani)
but is also the new Hitler who also happens to be a incest pedophile waiting to grab absolute power with his own 'Reichstag fire' moment.

Weirdest bit is Moore's interactions with Trump people and family. First Moore and Donald are scheduled on the Roseanne Barr show.
Because they don't want Trump to bail the three of them have a mellow conversation. In various interviews Trump would claim he and Moore had dinner together and he likes his movies.
Moore discovers that Bannon handled the retail release of one of his films plus Kushner hosted the release party of the movie.
Then before the election Moore heads to Trump tower to vlog and 'resist' and Conway walks in on him, hugging him on camera.
Our hero however, boldly claims that Trump and his people won't get away so easy NEXT TIME!

I rate this a  :cat out of Michael Moore
🤴

Tripon

« Reply #28842 on: January 01, 2019, 06:55:18 PM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #28843 on: January 01, 2019, 08:39:26 PM »
©@©™

Tripon

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #28845 on: January 01, 2019, 10:36:54 PM »
the russians  ???

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Nola

« Reply #28847 on: January 02, 2019, 11:46:41 AM »
Interestingly, as a percentage of the voting age population, Trump actually received fewer votes than Romney.

Related to that point, Hillary really was an awful candidate.

Tripon

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #28850 on: January 02, 2019, 12:57:50 PM »
©ZH

Tripon

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #28852 on: January 02, 2019, 01:43:44 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/27/opinion/digital-nazi-hunter-trump.html

Using a crowdsourced database of impersonator accounts, carefully curated by us to avoid any false positives, the bot patrolled Twitter and interjected whenever impostors tried to insinuate themselves into a discussion. Within days, our golem for the digital age had become a runaway success, garnering thousands of followers and numerous press write-ups. Most important, we received countless thank-yous from alerted would-be victims.

The impersonator trolls seethed. Some tried changing their user names to evade the bot (it didn’t work). Others simply reverted to their openly neo-Nazi personas. A few even tried to impersonate the bot, which was vastly preferable from our perspective and rather amusing.

Then the problems began — but not from where you might expect. The Nazis realized they couldn’t beat the bot, so they started mass-reporting it to Twitter for “harassment.” Just as they duplicitously cast themselves as minorities, they disingenuously recast our response to their ongoing abuse as harassment.

Twitter sided with the Nazis.

This month, Twitter suspended the bot again, and this time refused to revive it. The company’s justifications were both entirely accurate and utterly absurd. “A large number of people have blocked you in response to high volumes of untargeted, unsolicited, or duplicative content or engagements from your account,” we were informed. This was true; Impostor Buster had been blocked by many neo-Nazis. “A large number of spam complaints have been filed against you.” Yes, by neo-Nazis. “You send large numbers of unsolicited replies or mentions.” Yes, to neo-Nazis.
©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #28853 on: January 02, 2019, 01:45:39 PM »
https://twitter.com/MaxBoot/status/1080518662132563969

spoiler (click to show/hide)
METAL GEAR SOLID VI: FINAL PATRIOT

Snake: "The end of ALL wars?"

Miller: "Yes Snake, soon we will find ourselves out of a job. Out of a living. Out of a purpose"

Ocelot: "When the decision making process at a national security level breaks down and soldiers no longer respect their leaders..."

Miller: "Millions of heavily armed soldiers will wander the earth, endangering populations and the concept of a nation state itself"

Ocelot: "Snake, without the need for soldiers the soldiers become expandable. Tools for the highest bidder. In the United States alone more than million individuals are involved in the military. Imagine taking control of such a force"

Snake: "But I thought conservatism was there to protect us. To protect us from fascism and socialism and to make the soldiers loyal. To fight for a higher goal then themselves"

Miller: "We were.. wrong Snake."

Ocelot: "Conservatism was poisoned long ago by the excesses of neo-liberalism. Remember, when you multiply a negative with a positive you get a negative but when you multiply negatives..."

Snake: "The system destroys itself"

Miller: "Exactly"

Ocelot: "Listen carefully Snake, we've lost good people but there's still a single PATRIOT left to fight for us. His codename is "MITTENS" "

Snake: "Mittens?"

Miller: "Ocelot trained him personally. Go now Snake, he will soon send out a signal. The clock is ticking."

"OPERATION BROKEN EAGLE is a go. You must end this snake, for our sake!"

ooooohhwwwoooooooooohhh
[close]
🤴

Brehvolution

« Reply #28854 on: January 02, 2019, 01:55:09 PM »
Ah yes... the principled conservatism of of buying up companies, loading them with debt, declaring bankruptcy, and killing thousand upon thousands of jobs. Many even lost their retirement.
©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #28857 on: January 02, 2019, 02:38:00 PM »
https://twitter.com/SecretaryZinke/status/1080509257441837057
jfc, first rewrite that shit with a regular pen

Instead of using the blood of an endangered animal, which is what he clearly did.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #28859 on: January 02, 2019, 02:45:05 PM »
Can't say I resigned if they can't read the resignation letter. :rollsafe