Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5432584 times)

Mandark

• Icon
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| America: A Yum! Brands affiliate
« Reply #32280 on: March 05, 2019, 06:06:24 PM »
hey was rand paul always an anti-vaxxer or is this new?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32281 on: March 05, 2019, 06:07:51 PM »
stfu, marrec  ::)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #32282 on: March 05, 2019, 06:08:43 PM »
Quote from: Michael Bloomberg
The idea of a Green New Deal — first suggested by the columnist Tom Friedman more than a decade ago —
ouch, shots fired

WTF is this. I am on record calling for a Green New Deal as early as 2005.
:O

james

« Reply #32283 on: March 05, 2019, 06:09:36 PM »
did you just call Mandark Marrec?

:dead

Didn't realize we had a Mandark and a Marrec. I guess I've been conflating them as the same poster this whole time.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32284 on: March 05, 2019, 06:12:52 PM »
Qadaffi (may god watch over his burned and sodomized remains) started the green deal you hoaxers  :bolo
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32287 on: March 05, 2019, 07:00:27 PM »
It's all up to Schultz then  :whew

I'm pretty sure he's shrunk and transformed into a corn cob by now.
dog

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #32288 on: March 05, 2019, 07:03:34 PM »
countdown to the conservative article pointing out the actual context of the quote in that Mean Girls scene?

benjipwns

« Reply #32290 on: March 05, 2019, 08:18:41 PM »
hey was rand paul always an anti-vaxxer or is this new?
sorry marrec, I didn't see your question earlier between the Nintex/james posts

he's been since at least 2016, during his presidential campaign he gave the same "against it being mandatory" answer that the libertarian circles closer to his dad's form have gone with without ever getting into who is making it mandatory

I assumed at the time he was more trying to outflank Ted Cruz than anything but Rand's turning out to be more like his dad than I thought he was nine years ago

I also think it's funny that yet again it's two medically trained doctors (when you include his dad) pushing this the most much like the flock that Jenny McCarthy has surrounded herself with

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #32291 on: March 05, 2019, 08:49:02 PM »
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Tuesday questioned the push from some lawmakers to reprimand Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) over statements that prompted allegations of anti-Semitism, raising an apparent lack of action over statements regarded as offensive to other minority groups.

Ocasio-Cortez issued a series of tweets a day before the House is set to vote on a resolution condemning anti-Semitism in response to Omar's latest comments that pro-Israel advocates are pushing "allegiance to a foreign country."

"One of the things that is hurtful about the extent to which reprimand is sought of Ilhan is that no one seeks this level of reprimand when members make statements about Latinx + other communities (during the shutdown, a GOP member yelled 'Go back to Puerto Rico!' on the floor)," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/432613-ocasio-cortez-questions-criticism-of-omar-no-one-seeks-this-level-of-reprimand

I wonder if the Democratic establishment leadership thought that the new guard may think differently on the issues.

benjipwns

« Reply #32292 on: March 05, 2019, 08:52:05 PM »
Latinx ..." Ocasio-Cortez tweeted.
:bolo

agrajag

« Reply #32293 on: March 05, 2019, 08:57:45 PM »
Damnit. First Terry Crews, now this.

benjipwns

« Reply #32294 on: March 05, 2019, 09:44:46 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #32295 on: March 05, 2019, 10:03:23 PM »
Latinx ..." Ocasio-Cortez tweeted.
:bolo

:era

Tripon

« Reply #32296 on: March 05, 2019, 10:24:08 PM »
House Democratic leaders are delaying a vote on a resolution condemning anti-Semitism that had been slated to take place on Wednesday, according to a Democratic aide.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) announced in a closed-door leadership meeting that a vote on the resolution is more likely to occur Thursday instead of the initially expected Wednesday, the aide confirmed to The Hill on Tuesday. They also said that the resolution would be updated to include a nod to anti-Muslim bias.

House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.) told reporters that the resolution should emphasize an “anti-hate” message.

Clyburn told Fox News Tuesday evening they were “still drafting” the resolution, but feels it should be "anti-hate." The measure is expected to be updated to include language condemning anti-Muslim bias.
The resolution comes in the wake of Rep. Ilhan Omar's (D-Minn.) most recent controversial comments on Israel.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/432781-house-dems-delay-vote-on-resolution-rebuking-omar-over-israel-remarks

:lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32297 on: March 05, 2019, 10:41:16 PM »
They're almost certainly getting more push-back from within their own ranks than they expected. Honestly, they should just shelve the whole thing and move on. Nobody will care in a few days unless Omar says something new anyway.
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #32298 on: March 05, 2019, 10:46:02 PM »
these dumb kids are screwing everything up, you're supposed to handle things like was done with Steve King, don't they realize that?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32299 on: March 05, 2019, 10:47:18 PM »
the kids are altright!

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32300 on: March 05, 2019, 10:47:38 PM »
*alright

Tripon

« Reply #32301 on: March 05, 2019, 11:40:31 PM »
I had to look up the actual quote that got Ilhan in trouble this time.

And I did it the dumbest way possible.

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/any-discussion-of-rep-ilhan-omar-should-begin-should-start-with-trump-1452739139609

How the fuck did she get in trouble with this?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #32302 on: March 05, 2019, 11:41:31 PM »
dawg

benjipwns

« Reply #32303 on: March 05, 2019, 11:42:57 PM »

« Reply #32304 on: March 05, 2019, 11:56:57 PM »

You could just see the Bernie bro wanting to punch the lights out of that chick as soon as she started yammering on about him being divisive at minute 2. 

benjipwns

« Reply #32305 on: March 06, 2019, 12:02:13 AM »
I liked her preplanned slogan: "I'm looking for a candidate that's going to keep us alive and pull us together." :american

Which is apparently Cory Booker, maybe Beto.

Tripon

« Reply #32306 on: March 06, 2019, 12:16:20 AM »
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban told the New York Daily News Monday that he has not ruled out a 2020 presidential run and that if he follows through, he will do so without political affiliation.

If he does, he would become the second prominent billionaire to consider a third-party run for the White House in an election that is expected to be a referendum on the Donald Trump presidency.

Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz has talked repeatedly about his intent to run as a third-party candidate, ignoring critics who have castigated his decision for having the potential to split Democratic-leaning votes while accomplishing little else.

A Cuban run would likely draw the same kind of blowback.

Cuban: ‘We’ll see what happens’
“I haven’t decided anything yet,” Cuban told the Daily News. “We’ll see what happens. It all comes down to how things play out. It’s not something I feel like I have to do. ... But it’s something that if circumstances were right I would do.”

Cuban criticized the Democratic party for what he sees as a group that’s more focused on appealing to its base than independents and Republicans.

“If you look at the Democrats right now, there’s like a democratic gravity that pulls all the candidates to the same point,” Cuban said. “And it’s very difficult to show leadership in a situation like that because you can’t truly lead if you have to find an equilibrium between being a true leader for the people of your country vs. getting elected in your primary.

“None of those things are conducive to out-and-out leading the country.”

Cuban’s potential political pitfalls
If Cuban does run, he’ll likely face increased scrutiny for the culture of sexual harassment and misconduct that existed within the Mavericks and prompted an apology and a $10 million donation to women’s causes, as well as a 2011 sexual assault accusation against Cuban himself from an alleged incident at a Portland, Oregon night club.

Police investigated Cuban for the 2011 incident in which a woman said Cuban “thrust his hand down the back of her jeans and penetrated her vagina with his finger” while they were posing for a photograph.

Cuban denied the allegation and was not charged due to insufficient evidence.

Cuban: Voters don’t want a politician
If he runs, Cuban wants to appeal to voters who don’t want a politician in office, a strategy he believes helped Trump win office in 2016.

“People weren’t voting for (Trump in 2016) because he was calling people names, they were voting for him because he was not a politician, and he was demonstrating to everyone that he wasn’t a politician,” Cuban told the Daily News.

“A big chunk of voters, Republican voters, still want someone who is not a politician. And you’re not getting that from anyone in the Democratic Party.”

This is not the first time Cuban has alluded to the 2020 election. In 2017, he also told reporters “we’ll see what happens” when he talked to NFL Network’s Rich Eisen about a potential White House bid.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mavericks-owner-mark-cuban-considering-3-rdparty-presidential-run-for-2020-053532557.html

:doge

benjipwns

« Reply #32307 on: March 06, 2019, 12:20:40 AM »
If Cuban does run, he’ll likely face increased scrutiny for the culture of sexual harassment and misconduct that existed within the Mavericks and prompted an apology and a $10 million donation to women’s causes, as well as a 2011 sexual assault accusation against Cuban himself from an alleged incident at a Portland, Oregon night club.

Police investigated Cuban for the 2011 incident in which a woman said Cuban “thrust his hand down the back of her jeans and penetrated her vagina with his finger” while they were posing for a photograph.
not to mention that time he murdered Skip Bayless on live TV

kingv

« Reply #32308 on: March 06, 2019, 12:21:33 AM »
they should put that "please russia please" sound bite into every attack ad during the 2020 campaign tbh

There’s a great attack waiting for Democrats that’s just clips of trump looking like he has dementia.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #32309 on: March 06, 2019, 12:50:09 AM »
Cuban should be paying reparations to Dirk.

benjipwns

« Reply #32310 on: March 06, 2019, 02:14:18 AM »
the ongoing thing where everyone in management/media/etc. is "Dirk's Final Season" while Dirk is all "not sure I'm retiring yet" is a quality subplot of this season

Occam

« Reply #32311 on: March 06, 2019, 03:07:27 AM »
they should put that "please russia please" sound bite into every attack ad during the 2020 campaign tbh

There’s a great attack waiting for Democrats that’s just clips of trump looking like he has dementia.

What do you mean, "looking like"?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32312 on: March 06, 2019, 09:13:12 AM »
Cubes at least has some personality, unlike Schultz.

Cuban should be paying reparations to Dirk.

There's almost certainly an empty office at Mav's headquarters waiting for Dirk as soon as he finally retires. Or at least there should be.
dog

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #32313 on: March 06, 2019, 09:18:16 AM »
Cuban criticized the Democrats for not trying to appeal to... Republicans.

The media does this all the time.
©ZH

benjipwns

« Reply #32314 on: March 06, 2019, 10:29:09 AM »
Glenn Beck is complaining about how Stephen Crowder's subreddit or someother got shut down so he's demanding the government "NOT GROW OR GAIN POWER" but instead simply REGULATE and take away Reddit/Twitter/YouTube/etc.'s status as "PLATFORMS" so they aren't allowed by law to ban anyone or else they have to become "PUBLISHERS" so they aren't exempt legally from what's posted. :lol

I have no idea what he's actually mad about and probably should have looked up the slightest amount of this for you guys who are demanding real reporting from me.

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #32316 on: March 06, 2019, 10:36:29 AM »
more importantly, Glenn Beck is turning into...YUM! BRANDS COLONEL SANDERS

benjipwns

« Reply #32317 on: March 06, 2019, 10:42:28 AM »
oh i guess it's related to the twitter people on joe rogan, where they secretly accidentally revealed they ban people from twitter

benjipwns

« Reply #32318 on: March 06, 2019, 10:48:44 AM »
also now is the time to refinance your home to pay for your subscription to the blaze where all the content creators THEY don't want you to hear are headed to

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #32319 on: March 06, 2019, 11:27:47 AM »
the ongoing thing where everyone in management/media/etc. is "Dirk's Final Season" while Dirk is all "not sure I'm retiring yet" is a quality subplot of this season

Remember when Paul Pierce announced it was his final season and Draymond Green taunted him for wanting a retirement tour like Kobe but "they don't love you like that"?

It's basically the opposite of that with Dirk.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #32320 on: March 06, 2019, 11:42:26 AM »
RWNJ reeeeeeeing about social media "censorship" gives me life. :aah
©ZH

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #32321 on: March 06, 2019, 11:47:04 AM »
>Commerce Department reported that in 2018 the U.S. trade deficit grew to $621 billion, a 10-year high, and the gap with China set a record — defying the president’s vows to reverse the trend.

Whoops.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #32322 on: March 06, 2019, 12:26:36 PM »

Remember when Paul Pierce announced it was his final season and Draymond Green taunted him for wanting a retirement tour like Kobe but "they don't love you like that"?

It's basically the opposite of that with Dirk.

Everyone in Dallas is praying for him to retire and not make it weird. Nobody wants a Brett Favre situation.  :-\
©@©™

« Reply #32323 on: March 06, 2019, 12:39:49 PM »
https://twitter.com/katiezez/status/1102934767740305409

Political discourse these days is really something else, people dying leaving last words of regret about not seeing Mueller's report... 
While Democrats are withholding release of spoilers for the Mueller report on dying people, Trump is getting on front page of BBC doing stuff like this:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47461006
A terminally ill man in Connecticut has received his dying wish of speaking to US President Donald Trump in a surprise phone call.
No wonder the MAGA agenda keeps winning

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #32324 on: March 06, 2019, 12:56:52 PM »
One less MAGA voter. Thanks, CIA Deep State cancer gun.
©@©™

Brehvolution

« Reply #32325 on: March 06, 2019, 01:16:59 PM »
That guy is in for a rude surprise at the pearly gates. :lawd
©ZH

« Reply #32326 on: March 06, 2019, 01:38:49 PM »
One less MAGA voter. Thanks, CIA Deep State cancer gun.
The doctor only giving him 6 month but him planning to last until he can vote next year reminds me of the microwave scene in MGS 4.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32327 on: March 06, 2019, 02:29:08 PM »
"Yeah that's what the Irish do - you better believe it," the president said, adding that he wished Mr Barrett could come to a rally and complimenting his "great" sister.
Trump trying to have a terminally ill cancer patient bring his sister to meet him is so on brand :rofl
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #32328 on: March 06, 2019, 03:01:11 PM »
well, I did it. I donated to the Andrew Yang 2020 campaign.

:usacry

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #32329 on: March 06, 2019, 03:20:06 PM »
Now you should donate an equal amount to the Andrew Yin campaign.
©@©™

Brehvolution

©ZH

Nola

« Reply #32331 on: March 06, 2019, 03:34:11 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32333 on: March 06, 2019, 04:49:10 PM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-democrats-fox/democrats-bar-fox-news-from-televising-debates-after-reported-trump-ties-idUSKCN1QN2F9
 :ohyeah

It was so weird to watch the media change allegiances in each stage of the Trump saga.

Primaries:
Supporting Trump: Morning Joe, CNN
Against Trump: MSNBC
Lukewarm on Trump: Fox News, Breitbart, Colbert, Russia Today

General Election:
Supporting Trump: CNN(but her e-mails and the panels), Breitbart, Russia Today
Against Trump: Colbert, MSNBC
Lukewarm on Trump: Fox News, Morning Joe

After election
Supporting Trump: Fox News
Against Trump: Colbert, Morning Joe, CNN, MSNBC, Russia Today
Lukewarm on Trump: Breitbart

And even now part of Fox News is conflicted.  :doge
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32334 on: March 06, 2019, 05:09:08 PM »
https://theintercept.com/2019/02/28/exclusive-ilhan-omar-speaks-out-on-her-twitter-scandal-anti-semitism-and-a-progressive-foreign-policy/

MH: You don’t support your fellow Democrats and, like the U.S. government does and the Canadian government does, you don’t support the leader of the opposition as being the president right now, not present leader?

IO: Absolutely not.

:noah

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32335 on: March 06, 2019, 05:13:34 PM »
I thought the Democrats couldn't possibly lose to Trump in 2020 but they're really trying hard to find a path to do so.  :lol
🤴

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #32336 on: March 06, 2019, 05:18:37 PM »
yeah it sure is fucking hysterical
püp

james

« Reply #32337 on: March 06, 2019, 05:26:52 PM »
The way the Democrats have treated Omar have pushed me towards voting for Trump tbh

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #32338 on: March 06, 2019, 05:29:45 PM »
 :gurl

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32339 on: March 06, 2019, 05:31:32 PM »
who do you think taught trump how to play (((5D chess)))  :rollsafe