Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5449968 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: Clinton Death List |OT| Epstein RIP
« Reply #41940 on: August 19, 2019, 07:16:21 PM »
Say what you will about the Bush administration, at least they were consistent. I see no consistency here, just a constant attempt to hide the fact that the basement is on fire and it's time to exit the fucking building. Consumer spending is at a good point right now, despite the tariffs. Any modest stimulus provided by a payroll tax cut could easily be eaten up by tariffs, especially as Trump dangles more and more threats. This is nonsense. There is no policy.
These guys talking about how strong consumer spending is just shows you how little any of them know what they're talking about.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 07:27:07 PM by shosta »
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41941 on: August 19, 2019, 07:36:00 PM »
I recently watched a documentary called 'The Big Panic' about Paulson, Geitner, Bernanke etc. and how they handled the 2008 crash. They might've not done everything right but at that time they made the right call to 'save the system' and tried to limit the damage as all three had studied economic crises, recessions and whatnot. Bush was also interviewed and he didn't like the bailouts but he said that it was more important than his own popularity or any election and decided to do whatever he could as President to deal with the situation. Behind the scenes Obama's team and Paulson already were in contact to make sure the transition from the Obama to Bush would be well organized.

If a new crisis pops up it'll be up to a bunch of drunk circus clowns and the producer of the LEGO movie to save the global economy.
🤴

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #41942 on: August 19, 2019, 07:40:54 PM »
Worth noting no one is saying this is going to be a 2008 tier recession/implosion. The US economy has a recession about every decade...none of them were as bad as 2008, you'd have to go back to the Great Depression to compare. It won't be pretty and it'll end somebody's presidency...but I don't think it's going to be the big one, as Redd Foxx would say.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #41943 on: August 19, 2019, 07:41:30 PM »
but at that time they made the right call to 'save the system' and tried to limit the damage

agrajag

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #41945 on: August 19, 2019, 08:13:22 PM »
 :lol

agrajag

« Reply #41946 on: August 19, 2019, 08:20:02 PM »
Chairman Daou throwing shade at Hillary

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1163567742638837762

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

agrajag

« Reply #41948 on: August 19, 2019, 08:37:59 PM »
https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/19/john-delaney-iowa-2020-presidential-campaign-democrat

John Delaney draws 11 people to 2020 event – does he truly think he can win?
The former congressman has put $24m of his own cash into an increasingly quixotic presidential run – and he’s ploughing on despite a near total lack of support

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #41950 on: August 19, 2019, 08:42:09 PM »
I remember Esch and benji saying they shoulda let the banks collapse. Prolly Esch's worst opinion I've seen on here but about the median for benji.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #41951 on: August 19, 2019, 08:43:15 PM »
https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/19/john-delaney-iowa-2020-presidential-campaign-democrat

John Delaney draws 11 people to 2020 event – does he truly think he can win?
The former congressman has put $24m of his own cash into an increasingly quixotic presidential run – and he’s ploughing on despite a near total lack of support

benjipwns

« Reply #41952 on: August 19, 2019, 08:56:06 PM »
If they didn't want a systemic collapse they never should have let go of (or kept) half of Fannie Mae. :ufup

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #41954 on: August 19, 2019, 08:58:23 PM »
If they didn't want a systemic collapse they never should have let go of (or kept) half of Fannie Mae.

they didn't even repeal the real cause of the bubble, jimmy carter's community reinvestment act

benjipwns

« Reply #41955 on: August 19, 2019, 09:03:13 PM »
Fannie Mae was split in half in 1968 :bolo

benjipwns

« Reply #41956 on: August 19, 2019, 09:04:32 PM »
the real cause was when Jeff Gerstmann organized The Black Hand in August 1901 :bolo

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #41957 on: August 19, 2019, 09:05:02 PM »
Fannie Mae was split in half in 1968 :bolo

35 years after abandoning the gold standard

benjipwns

« Reply #41958 on: August 19, 2019, 09:06:36 PM »
if they hadn't brought over slaves in 1619 the colonies would have collapsed :bolo

Tripon

« Reply #41959 on: August 19, 2019, 09:09:39 PM »
https://twitter.com/ChangePolls/status/1162391816110428162 From last Friday.
Elizabeth Warren (28%), Bernie Sanders (17%), and Joe Biden (17%) have the highest levels of support among likely Democratic caucus-goers in Iowa.

Warren leads among all caucus-goers except 18-34 year-olds. Sanders leads this group with a 14-point lead with 35%.

Warren leads among both female and male caucus-goers in Iowa with 31% and 22%, respectively.

Change Research surveyed 1,730 likely caucus-goers in Iowa, including 621 likely Democratic caucus-goers on questions related to the Democratic horse race, top issues, and more. The poll produced thousands of data points powering actionable insights for campaigns and organizations following the race to 2020. This page contains a preview of the survey’s findings - inquire about purchasing the full poll.

Change Research surveyed 1,730 registered caucus-goers in Iowa, including 621 self-identified Democratic caucus-goers. The margin of error as traditionally calculated is  ± 2.4% for the full sample and ±3.9% for Democratic caucus-goers. Change Research reaches voters via targeted online ads that point people to an online survey instrument. The Bias Correct Engine dynamically delivers large samples that accurately reflect the demographics of a population. Post-stratification was done on age, gender, ethnicity, region, 2016 presidential vote, and self-reported social media use.
The poll is of just the 621 likely Democratic caucus-goers.

shosta

« Reply #41960 on: August 19, 2019, 09:17:47 PM »
All I want is a whole page of mandark trolling benji
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #41961 on: August 19, 2019, 09:44:37 PM »
the staggering fucking ignorance, condescension, and privilege of this post, holy shit. You're asking me if I read the guy who questions my right to exist in full? are you fucking serious? I'm livid at this garbage you just spewed in my direction. Never talk to me again. Do not reply to this post. Go and reflect on this hateful shit you just asked me. So you know not to bother, you're on my ignore list now.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #41962 on: August 19, 2019, 10:02:27 PM »
I remember Esch and benji saying they shoulda let the banks collapse. Prolly Esch's worst opinion I've seen on here but about the median for benji.

"Let them fail, and then nationalize them" - Benji, before he sold out.

benjipwns

« Reply #41963 on: August 19, 2019, 10:15:11 PM »
"Let them fail, and then nationalize them" - Benji, before he sold out.
One of the few times I got angry NeoGAF.com PMs was when I argued for that and also the time for essentially a UBI system. :lol

Though a philosophical anarchist who says to quote whatever it is "well, if you're going to do this bloody stupid thing don't do it in such a bloody stupid way" with what would be considered far-left programs for an American context is probably pretty disarming for a narrow Democratic Party Line forum.

They never really understood my open borders position either. :doge :doge

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Tripon

benjipwns

« Reply #41966 on: August 19, 2019, 10:41:55 PM »
this is in the responses a lot

agrajag

« Reply #41967 on: August 19, 2019, 11:03:45 PM »
Debate Libertarian Candidate Sam Seder,  you coward!

benjipwns

« Reply #41968 on: August 19, 2019, 11:05:30 PM »
does Libertarian Party presidential candidate Sam Seder believe we should have to get a license to make toast in our own damn toaster?

benjipwns

« Reply #41969 on: August 19, 2019, 11:14:00 PM »
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/juli%C3%A1n-castro-animal-welfare-plan_n_5d5ad81ce4b0d8840ff6c227?nal
Julián Castro, who previously served as the San Antonio mayor and Housing and Urban Development secretary, is announcing an ambitious animal welfare plan Monday as part of his presidential campaign. The plan, which the campaign provided exclusively to HuffPost, calls for ending the euthanization of domestic dogs and cats in shelters and seeks to improve federal housing policy for those with pets. It also says Castro would sign into law legislation that would make animal cruelty a federal crime, establish federal minimums for space for farm animals, prohibit the testing of cosmetic products on animals, and ban the unlicensed ownership of large cats like lions and tigers.

Castro’s plan, called “PAW: Protecting Animals and Wildlife,” is the only comprehensive and detailed animal welfare plan released by any of the presidential candidates.
Castro’s plan calls for $40 million in federal funding for a “Local Animal Communities Grant Program,” which would help defray the costs of vaccinating, spaying and neutering animals. The money would also go toward programs that promote animal adoption.

The plan also says that new affordable housing units will be pet-friendly. As part of his campaign, Castro has laid out a housing plan that would create 3 million new affordable housing units over 10 years. Castro also says he will work with homeless shelters that receive federal support to “ensure pets belonging to homeless individuals seeking refuge are not prohibited entry.”

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #41970 on: August 19, 2019, 11:35:21 PM »
who tf is julian castro

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #41971 on: August 19, 2019, 11:39:04 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Castro

A member of the Democratic Party, he was the youngest member of President Obama's Cabinet, serving as the 16th United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development from 2014 to 2017. Castro served as the mayor of his native San Antonio, Texas from 2009 until he joined Barack Obama's cabinet in 2014.

Supposedly is running for president, but I never heard of him, so BreadLoaf.jpg has a leg-up over him.

benjipwns

« Reply #41972 on: August 19, 2019, 11:41:39 PM »
he's the guy who said that transwomen should be have the right to have abortions in the first debate

shosta

« Reply #41973 on: August 20, 2019, 04:11:55 AM »
Ok, someone put a date on this for me: When did Americans and their politicians stop talking about (radical Islamic) terrorism?
每天生气

Occam

« Reply #41974 on: August 20, 2019, 04:32:02 AM »
Maybe when Trump became best buddies with Saudi Arabia, the medieval islamic autocracy from which Bin Laden, his merry band of 9/11 terrorists and their money came?

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #41975 on: August 20, 2019, 06:03:52 AM »
Ok, someone put a date on this for me: When did Americans and their politicians stop talking about (radical Islamic) terrorism?

When they finally voted him out of the white house.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #41977 on: August 20, 2019, 09:39:32 AM »
Spoken like a visionary who will bite pencils before even being asked to.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #41978 on: August 20, 2019, 10:04:50 AM »
the staggering fucking ignorance, condescension, and privilege of this post, holy shit. You're asking me if I read the guy who questions my right to exist in full? are you fucking serious? I'm livid at this garbage you just spewed in my direction. Never talk to me again. Do not reply to this post. Go and reflect on this hateful shit you just asked me. So you know not to bother, you're on my ignore list now.

I’m just now realizing BikeJesus’s post was satire

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #41979 on: August 20, 2019, 10:14:59 AM »

I’m just now realizing BikeJesus’s post was satire

You actually thought your milquetoast posts garnered that much of a reaction from someone?

I don’t question weaponized incel-ism.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #41981 on: August 20, 2019, 01:42:22 PM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #41982 on: August 20, 2019, 02:45:50 PM »
Bernie's like "Let me show you Shoeless Joe did it back in the day when I was watching through a knothole in the outfield fence at Comesky!"  :steiner
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41983 on: August 20, 2019, 03:01:32 PM »
Biden: "I'm a big fan of tennis ball. Always have been. I mean, just give me that racket and I will hit that ball harder than any black quarterback could"
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #41984 on: August 20, 2019, 03:10:59 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Tasty

« Reply #41986 on: August 20, 2019, 03:31:22 PM »
Speaking of Austin Powers, it's fitting that Gringrich is stealing a plan from Dr. Evil's playbook.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #41987 on: August 20, 2019, 04:02:00 PM »
damn he's really planning to escape extra far away after he offs the current wife

agrajag

benjipwns

« Reply #41989 on: August 20, 2019, 04:43:20 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41990 on: August 20, 2019, 04:57:10 PM »
The Tucker bot has received upgrades.

🤴

agrajag

« Reply #41991 on: August 20, 2019, 05:25:32 PM »
So within a span of two days Biden's wife made a video saying that even though Biden's plans may suck, you should still vote for him and also his brain surgeon assured everyone that Biden does not, in fact, suffer from brain damage.

benjipwns

« Reply #41992 on: August 20, 2019, 05:28:44 PM »
Beto relaunch is going well in Nevada:

benjipwns

« Reply #41993 on: August 20, 2019, 05:32:26 PM »
Castro made it into the third debate, making for ten candidates. Steyer only needs one more poll and Tulsi needs two more before the 28th. I don't think anyone else is going to make it. Marianne and Inslee have the donors but no polls, Gillibrand needs 20,000 more donors and three more polls. Everyone else needs both.

If they do get to twelve, I'd maybe consider splitting it once last time, six and six would give everybody more time even if it would still avoid MATCHUPS the media wants.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #41994 on: August 20, 2019, 06:11:18 PM »
https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1163927536767852544

that's gonna be a yikes from me dawg

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41995 on: August 20, 2019, 06:17:44 PM »
Soon we can play who said it with Donald Trump and Joe Biden

And I'm drawing as big of crowds -- bigger than anybody. Have you seen anybody draw bigger crowds than me here in this state?”
Trump? No it was Biden. Really? Damn.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41996 on: August 20, 2019, 06:31:54 PM »
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #41997 on: August 20, 2019, 06:46:40 PM »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #41998 on: August 20, 2019, 07:21:04 PM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™