Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5441894 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| Very legal and very cool
« Reply #45720 on: October 23, 2019, 02:35:52 PM »
This is the stuff you normally see in African 'democracies' or the balkans.

When are the GOP members going to throw smoke bombs into congress and walk in with military uniforms  8)
🤴

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #45721 on: October 23, 2019, 02:35:58 PM »
Just another day in fairy tale land.
©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #45722 on: October 23, 2019, 02:38:43 PM »
Ah yes, well known Antifa communist John Bolton is at it again!  :lol
🤴

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #45723 on: October 23, 2019, 02:40:42 PM »
wasn't it the republicans who made a big deal of classified intelligence and security protocols over the clinton shit but are now storming into a secure committee hearing with sensitive testimony
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #45724 on: October 23, 2019, 02:40:59 PM »
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1187074737387769860

:doge

wasn't it the republicans who made a big deal of classified intelligence and security protocols over the clinton shit but are now storming into a secure committee hearing with sensitive testimony
And Trump told them to steal the transcript while doing so, so he would be exonerated.  :lol
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #45725 on: October 23, 2019, 02:47:11 PM »
Heroes

https://twitter.com/ScottThuman/status/1187023336255250433

I wonder how many bugs they planted with their stunt.

Even the camerafolx know not to film inside the room.

The chamber is having to be swept for bugs before the hearings can continue.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #45726 on: October 23, 2019, 02:56:42 PM »
Wednesday: GOP storms the room

Thursday: Kanye storms the room

Friday: Sean Hannity storms the room

Saturday: Alex Jones storms the room

Sunday: Tulsi storms the room

Monday: Yang storms the room

etc.
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #45727 on: October 23, 2019, 03:09:58 PM »
Heroes

Because of my post?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #45729 on: October 23, 2019, 03:12:03 PM »
Heroes

Because of my post?

No, because of __________, and especially because of _________.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:putin
[close]
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #45730 on: October 23, 2019, 03:13:58 PM »
Trump is going to shoot someone before this is over  :lol

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1187049456744697857

GOP: "Well, you should not stand in front the President when he is making use of his 2nd amendment rights"

Trump: "It was a perfect shot that do nothing democrat Adam Schiff just happened to walk by. Just look at the tape, it was perfectly innocent until he jumped in front of my gun. These radical Democrats will do anything to make up phony stories and fake news"
🤴

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #45731 on: October 23, 2019, 03:18:48 PM »
Heroes

Because of my post?

Yes, I yelled at Adam Schiff in the discord and he said he'd get right on it.
©@©™

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #45732 on: October 23, 2019, 03:23:23 PM »
For all the fire and brimstone in 2016, I've heard next to nothing lately besides that one Vox piece about the impact of Trump's executive actions on immigration. I expected more of an uproar about turning this into a veritable whites-only country by attacking the lottery and family migration.

Theres a lot of things the media have dropped.

I remember we had 3 months of constant articles about how the tariffs were putting mid-west businesses out of business.

And then they stopped. Did they all close? Are they all doing better than ever? Who knows.
:O

james

« Reply #45733 on: October 23, 2019, 03:26:39 PM »
Noone actually gives a shit about immigration unfortunately. Neither dems nor reps
You know what, though? Philip Vera Cruz and Cesar Chavez didn't ask for anyone's permission to organize us. They didn't have to beg any congressmen, they didn't have to check in with white people first, they didn't have to navigate the bureaucracy to assert their rights and mobilize. One of these days I want to see Tyson Foods shut down for a whole year, the hotel industry fall apart, the food service industry grind to a halt as men and women march in the street and demand to be equal.

Im old enough to remember this

Police said more than 500,000 people marched Saturday to protest a proposed federal crackdown on illegal immigration. Wearing white as a sign of peace, and waving flags from the U.S., Mexico, Guatemala and other countries, they came to show that illegal immigrants already are part of the American fabric, and want the chance to be legal, law-abiding citizens.

Police used helicopters to come up with the crowd estimate. “I’ve been on the force 38 years and I’ve never seen a rally this big,” said Cmdr. Louis Gray Jr., incident commander for the rally.

In Denver, more than 50,000 people protested downtown Saturday, according to police who had expected only a few thousand. Phoenix was similarly surprised Friday when an estimated 20,000 people gathered for one of the biggest demonstrations in city history, and more than 10,000 marched in Milwaukee on Thursday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_United_States_immigration_reform_protests

That was 2006.

Then there was a massive Democrat wave in the 2008 election and they did diddly fucking squat for immigrants.

Thanks, Obama!

james

« Reply #45734 on: October 23, 2019, 03:29:51 PM »
White Liberals like Kirblar:

wHy dOnT iMmiGrAntS trUSt deMocRats

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #45737 on: October 23, 2019, 04:30:23 PM »
Hillary (and the media and her relationship with it) really should get more shit for pushing for more coverage of Trump in hopes that he'd be the nominee because she could easily beat him. That aspect of the whole thing seems to get overlooked in favor of Hillary vs Bernie or where Hillary didn't do stump speeches at. She played herself something fierce but the consequences are going to impact the world for decades.
https://twitter.com/forevertawl/status/1186704176685944837

https://twitter.com/forevertawl/status/1186761257082327044

;)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #45738 on: October 23, 2019, 06:11:59 PM »
lol so literally none of the people who wrote all those stories actually listened to that Podcast to hear Hillary say "Republicans" or "Russians"?

benjipwns

« Reply #45739 on: October 23, 2019, 06:14:18 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #45740 on: October 23, 2019, 06:16:58 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/23/john-bolton-resistance-055957
John Bolton, welcome to the Resistance?
Washington has grown accustomed to the unexpected, the unusual and even the bizarre during the presidency of Donald Trump.

But is it ready for John Bolton, hero of the “Resistance”?

It’s a question increasingly on the minds of lawmakers, U.S. diplomats and possibly Trump himself as the House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry forges ahead. A key revelation so far: Bolton, while serving as Trump’s national security adviser, raised alarms about the politically questionable role informal actors were playing in shaping U.S. foreign policy toward Ukraine.

“Am I going to have to like Bolton now?” Bradley Moss, a national security lawyer frequently critical of the Trump administration, tweeted earlier this month. “This plot twist, where John Bolton turns out to be good, really strains the credibility of this entire season,” joked Vox.com writer Ian Millhiser.
But Bolton is working on a hotly anticipated book in which he’s expected to provide a first-hand account of his tumultuous 17-month tenure working for Trump. His agents on the project, Javelin’s Matt Latimer and Keith Urbahn, secured major advances for previous tell-alls by former FBI director James Comey and ex-White House aide Cliff Sims.
“The question for all those who see Bolton as the key to bringing Trump down is whether he will abdicate or put aside his long-held views on the presidency,” Gans said.
It's happening again. :doge

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #45741 on: October 23, 2019, 06:21:51 PM »
But what about non-prominent women?  How come they never get representation on TV?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #45742 on: October 23, 2019, 06:23:25 PM »
 mmm welker

just need kasie hunt isntead of that parker person

:drool

benjipwns

« Reply #45743 on: October 23, 2019, 06:28:24 PM »
But what about non-prominent women?  How come they never get representation on TV?
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll find a way to get Amy Klobuchar on stage.

Cauliflower Of Love

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #45745 on: October 23, 2019, 06:33:03 PM »

Who?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #45746 on: October 23, 2019, 07:21:27 PM »
Murdering dictator who literally runs concentration camps: "Well you gotta respect this guy, he's tough he's very tough. I mean, he's a real leader."  :smug

Pencil pushing bureaucrat: "HUMAN SCUM!"  :bolo

https://twitter.com/TomiLahren/status/1187105545997602816
Now that's liking a Tweet
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 07:27:40 PM by Nintex »
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #45747 on: October 23, 2019, 07:28:21 PM »
wait wait wait, listening to the actual podcast clip makes this even more baffling especially with the NYTimes correction:

sorry about the account/music was only one I found that was just the audio and not some tard talking for twenty minutes with the clip hidden somewhere in the video

So the actual correction is more like:
Only if you believe there’s daylight between Russia and the Republican Party. :smug

agrajag

« Reply #45748 on: October 23, 2019, 07:29:40 PM »
Yang wants to be Corn Pop's VP

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #45749 on: October 23, 2019, 07:30:58 PM »
What's your address Benji I want to print out a few of your posts, sign them with a sharpie and mail them to you.  :heart
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #45750 on: October 23, 2019, 07:33:05 PM »
What's your address Benji I want to print out a few of your posts, sign them with a sharpie and mail them to you.  :heart
106 Cannon HOB
Washington, DC 20515

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #45751 on: October 23, 2019, 07:36:29 PM »
Murdering dictator who literally runs concentration camps: "Well you gotta respect this guy, he's tough he's very tough. I mean, he's a real leader."  :smug

Pencil pushing bureaucrat: "HUMAN SCUM!"  :bolo

https://twitter.com/TomiLahren/status/1187105545997602816
Now that's liking a Tweet

Imagine finally getting to work in the white house and your job is to lay up tweets on to a page in the white house for potus to sign and send to a news anchor.

wait wait wait, listening to the actual podcast clip makes this even more baffling especially with the NYTimes correction:
(Image removed from quote.)

sorry about the account/music was only one I found that was just the audio and not some tard talking for twenty minutes with the clip hidden somewhere in the video

So the actual correction is more like:
Only if you believe there’s daylight between Russia and the Republican Party. :smug

Wow, the reporting on this has been like era level of comprehension.

:lol

benjipwns

« Reply #45752 on: October 23, 2019, 07:45:50 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/22/us/politics/democratic-candidates-2020.html
WASHINGTON — When a half-dozen Democratic donors gathered at the Whitby Hotel in Manhattan last week, the dinner began with a discussion of which presidential candidates the contributors liked. But as conversations among influential Democrats often go these days, the meeting quickly evolved into a discussion of who was not in the race — but could be lured in.

Would Hillary Clinton get in, the contributors wondered, and how about Michael R. Bloomberg, the former New York mayor? One person even mused whether Michelle Obama would consider a late entry, according to two people who attended the event, which was hosted by the progressive group American Bridge.

It’s that time of the election season for Democrats.

“Since the last debate, just anecdotally, I’ve had five or six people ask me: ‘Is there anybody else?’” said Leah Daughtry, a longtime Democrat who has run two of the party’s recent conventions.
“There’s more anxiety than ever,” said Connie Schultz, a journalist who is married to Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio, another Democrat who some in the party would like to see join the race. “We’re both getting the calls. I’ve been surprised by some who’ve called me.”
And even some of those being wooed acknowledge that it can be hard to discern between people just being nice and those who genuinely want them in the race.

Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Bloomberg have both told people privately in recent weeks that if they thought they could win, they would consider entering the primary — but that they were skeptical there would be an opening, according to Democrats who have spoken with them.

Former Secretary of State John F. Kerry, who associates say has wondered aloud about whether he should have run and has found it hard to watch Mr. Biden’s missteps, has also been urged to get in. But he still thinks the former vice president, who was once his longtime Senate colleague, is the party’s best nominee.

Another Obama administration official who weighed a campaign at the start of the year, former Attorney General Eric Holder, is considering a last-minute entry but has conceded it may be too late, according to a Democrat familiar with his thinking.

Mr. Brown, who nearly entered the race earlier this year, said the pressure on him to reconsider from labor leaders, Democratic officials and donors has “become more frequent.” And Deval Patrick, the former Massachusetts governor, who also weighed a campaign run before deciding not to, said he too has been nudged by friends to reconsider. “It’s nice to be rumored about,” he said, before notably refusing to rule out a last-minute entry. “Don’t ask me that question,” he said.
Democrats who have recently spoken with Mrs. Clinton say she shares the same concerns other party elites have about the field — worried about Mr. Biden’s durability, Ms. Warren’s liberal politics and unsure of who else can emerge to take on Mr. Trump.
Mr. Bloomberg is said to be more eager to find a way into the race — and chatter about his potential candidacy has only grown among Democrats who work on Wall Street and are concerned about Ms. Warren’s rise. He raised some eyebrows recently by putting off a fund-raising request from one third-party Democratic group until he knew about his own intentions, according to two Democrats familiar with the conversation.
Mr. Brown and Ms. Schultz noted that they were hearing from a broad range of people but declined to offer any names.

He said he was staying out of the race and had no regrets. The Ohio senator said he was confident Democrats would eventually rally behind their nominee, but he warned the party not to embrace a single-payer health care plan that eliminates private insurance.

“I think it’ll be a hard sell to the public if we go into the general election for ‘Medicare for all,’” said Mr. Brown, citing the risk of alienating union workers who would lose their negotiated plans.
:hyper

benjipwns

« Reply #45753 on: October 23, 2019, 07:54:13 PM »

Who?
Just checked, Amy only needs one more poll to qualify. So the current frontrunner is pretty much a lock to appear.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #45754 on: October 23, 2019, 08:33:04 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/22/us/politics/democratic-candidates-2020.html
WASHINGTON — When a half-dozen Democratic donors gathered at the Whitby Hotel in Manhattan last week, the dinner began with a discussion of which presidential candidates the contributors liked. But as conversations among influential Democrats often go these days, the meeting quickly evolved into a discussion of who was not in the race — but could be lured in.

Would Hillary Clinton get in, the contributors wondered, and how about Michael R. Bloomberg, the former New York mayor? One person even mused whether Michelle Obama would consider a late entry, according to two people who attended the event, which was hosted by the progressive group American Bridge.

It’s that time of the election season for Democrats.

“Since the last debate, just anecdotally, I’ve had five or six people ask me: ‘Is there anybody else?’” said Leah Daughtry, a longtime Democrat who has run two of the party’s recent conventions.
“There’s more anxiety than ever,” said Connie Schultz, a journalist who is married to Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio, another Democrat who some in the party would like to see join the race. “We’re both getting the calls. I’ve been surprised by some who’ve called me.”
And even some of those being wooed acknowledge that it can be hard to discern between people just being nice and those who genuinely want them in the race.

Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Bloomberg have both told people privately in recent weeks that if they thought they could win, they would consider entering the primary — but that they were skeptical there would be an opening, according to Democrats who have spoken with them.

Former Secretary of State John F. Kerry, who associates say has wondered aloud about whether he should have run and has found it hard to watch Mr. Biden’s missteps, has also been urged to get in. But he still thinks the former vice president, who was once his longtime Senate colleague, is the party’s best nominee.

Another Obama administration official who weighed a campaign at the start of the year, former Attorney General Eric Holder, is considering a last-minute entry but has conceded it may be too late, according to a Democrat familiar with his thinking.

Mr. Brown, who nearly entered the race earlier this year, said the pressure on him to reconsider from labor leaders, Democratic officials and donors has “become more frequent.” And Deval Patrick, the former Massachusetts governor, who also weighed a campaign run before deciding not to, said he too has been nudged by friends to reconsider. “It’s nice to be rumored about,” he said, before notably refusing to rule out a last-minute entry. “Don’t ask me that question,” he said.
Democrats who have recently spoken with Mrs. Clinton say she shares the same concerns other party elites have about the field — worried about Mr. Biden’s durability, Ms. Warren’s liberal politics and unsure of who else can emerge to take on Mr. Trump.
Mr. Bloomberg is said to be more eager to find a way into the race — and chatter about his potential candidacy has only grown among Democrats who work on Wall Street and are concerned about Ms. Warren’s rise. He raised some eyebrows recently by putting off a fund-raising request from one third-party Democratic group until he knew about his own intentions, according to two Democrats familiar with the conversation.
Mr. Brown and Ms. Schultz noted that they were hearing from a broad range of people but declined to offer any names.

He said he was staying out of the race and had no regrets. The Ohio senator said he was confident Democrats would eventually rally behind their nominee, but he warned the party not to embrace a single-payer health care plan that eliminates private insurance.

“I think it’ll be a hard sell to the public if we go into the general election for ‘Medicare for all,’” said Mr. Brown, citing the risk of alienating union workers who would lose their negotiated plans.
:hyper

Right on time

Quote from: BERNIE BERNIE BERNIE campaign
What separates us from virtually every other campaign is that our success is driven by the people reading this email. It’s all us, sink or swim.

We don’t have billionaires or super PACs waiting in the wings. No wealthy donors with big sacks of cash to inject into our campaign.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #45755 on: October 23, 2019, 09:20:22 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #45756 on: October 23, 2019, 09:28:06 PM »

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #45758 on: October 23, 2019, 09:47:08 PM »
how about make political advertising illegal

benjipwns

« Reply #45759 on: October 23, 2019, 09:50:34 PM »
how about make political advertising illegal
It's not advertising, it's members of Congress communicating with their constituents.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's not advertising, it's correcting misreports about statements made on podcasts by strong potential candidates who insiders say internal polling shows large victories for.
[close]

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #45760 on: October 23, 2019, 09:56:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1187185711344164864

My former Congresswoman getting some juice.  :doge

kingv

« Reply #45761 on: October 23, 2019, 09:59:18 PM »
She’s really damn good in hearings. Possibly the best sitting Congressperson.

I almost lol’ed when he’s like “you probably could”

Edit: referring to AOC not the absolute queen getting dicked down by her staffer.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
◕‿◕

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #45765 on: October 23, 2019, 10:51:53 PM »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #45768 on: October 23, 2019, 11:44:21 PM »
wow

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #45769 on: October 24, 2019, 09:56:30 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/23/world/europe/italy-trump-conspiracy-conte.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimesworld

Barr is asking foreign intelligence agencies if US intelligence is telling the truth about russian interference.  ::)

Such a patriot.
©ZH

Brehvolution

©ZH

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #45771 on: October 24, 2019, 12:22:16 PM »

Who?
Just checked, Amy only needs one more poll to qualify. So the current frontrunner is pretty much a lock to appear.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/24/klobuchar-qualifies-for-november-debate-056454

YAAS QUEEN SLAY (your staffers)! :lawd
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #45772 on: October 24, 2019, 12:35:41 PM »
Why are they still allowing more than three or five candidates for debates the nomination is right around the corner in

*checks calendar*

8 months ‽

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #45773 on: October 24, 2019, 01:14:23 PM »
Ok but the primaries are in 3?
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler

jorma

« Reply #45775 on: October 24, 2019, 03:26:59 PM »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #45776 on: October 24, 2019, 03:28:15 PM »
Pence went so far as to accuse the league of "acting like a wholly owned subsidiary" of China's Communist Party and also blasted Nike for "checking its social conscience at the door."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2019/10/24/mike-pence-vice-president-blasts-nba-nike-over-china-speech/4084964002/

whats going on with nba?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #45777 on: October 24, 2019, 03:30:15 PM »
Pence went so far as to accuse the league of "acting like a wholly owned subsidiary" of China's Communist Party and also blasted Nike for "checking its social conscience at the door."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2019/10/24/mike-pence-vice-president-blasts-nba-nike-over-china-speech/4084964002/

whats going on with nba?

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #45778 on: October 24, 2019, 03:59:50 PM »
>Suicide

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #45779 on: October 24, 2019, 04:03:10 PM »
 :dead