Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5453071 times)

etiolate

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| DEEP STATE OPPO DROPPO
« Reply #7140 on: July 01, 2017, 07:28:55 PM »
 :idont

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #7141 on: July 02, 2017, 02:48:32 AM »
He's technically right.

The best kind of right.
rub

Nola

« Reply #7142 on: July 02, 2017, 04:22:11 AM »
That report has popped up in a lot of places but it is a bunch of nothing. It's basically "Flynn may have asked a guy who is now dead to find Clinton emails but the guy denied that Flynn requested this and he only found five supposed sources that claimed to have the hacked emails, two of which could have been Russian but nothing ever materialized cuz they probably werent hacked, even according to Comey and Clinton. In the end they found no evidence of anything. RIP"

but it sure is viral! clicky clicky

btw, ny times recanted that 17 intel agencies claim

It's all entertainment.

You certainly are a fascinating one.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 04:36:42 AM by Nola »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

benjipwns

« Reply #7144 on: July 02, 2017, 04:59:37 AM »
lol at this account in related videos:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
TKER
[close]

Freyj

« Reply #7145 on: July 02, 2017, 10:25:31 AM »
Ok so the wrestling CNN tweet crosses the Idiocracy Rubicon

« Reply #7146 on: July 02, 2017, 11:56:47 AM »
It is harder to do from the position of being the President. I am not sure the impact it has on his actual popularity or his ability to get policy done. I don't recall much of his policy getting through, but I believe they did just partially re-instate his travel ban.

Which is a big thing.

But social media (which is how people get news often) is all about Trump shitposting.

that happened a week ago, it was trending worldwide on twitter, and it wasn't a real re-instatement, the supreme court just issued a stay until they can actually hear the case.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #7147 on: July 02, 2017, 12:09:15 PM »
Our country has been ruined, ugh
püp

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7148 on: July 02, 2017, 12:09:18 PM »
ὕβρις

etiolate

« Reply #7149 on: July 02, 2017, 12:22:00 PM »
I did not see it trending much, at least not to the level of a Trump tweet. However, that's just a personal account and I don't have a way to check last week's trending history.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

etiolate

« Reply #7151 on: July 02, 2017, 01:04:55 PM »
Apparently he took that straight from the_donald reddit

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7152 on: July 02, 2017, 01:42:53 PM »
TBF all of America is taking it straight from the Donald. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7153 on: July 02, 2017, 02:28:10 PM »
Our country has been ruined, ugh

We're still less than 1/8th of the way through this, too. :goty

Or 1/16th. :goty :goty2
[close]
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7154 on: July 02, 2017, 06:46:25 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/02/politics/maine-government-shutdown/index.html

Why do supposedly liberal states New Jersey and Maine keep voting for fuccbois like LePage and Christie? At least give a proper Democrat the chance to mess everything up.
©@©™

etiolate

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #7156 on: July 02, 2017, 11:37:49 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldDrumpf/status/881503147168071680

:neogaf

This is the way the world ends, and it's somehow even lamer than Southland Tales. :(
Hi

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #7158 on: July 03, 2017, 03:38:42 PM »
Trump is worse at selling the Stunner than selling his shitty fucking steaks  :yuck

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7161 on: July 04, 2017, 03:17:36 AM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/882061157900718081
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/882062572081512449

Fucking hell, could he be more ignorant of the actual situation?

NK is firing missiles toward Japan.
China historically dislikes Japan.
China loves the distraction NK provides the rest of the world while they annex and oppress other countries like Tibet, Taiwan, and a nice strip of Tajikstan.

Trent Dole

« Reply #7162 on: July 04, 2017, 05:23:46 AM »
Fucking hell, could he be more ignorant of the actual situation?
That'd be the entirety of 45's presidency in one question. :trumps
Hi

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7163 on: July 04, 2017, 10:22:57 AM »
Does this guy have anything better to do with his life?

:thinking
dog

etiolate

« Reply #7164 on: July 04, 2017, 11:33:53 PM »
So apparently CNN is threatening to doxx the reddit user that made that wrestling meme?

fuck the what

benjipwns

« Reply #7165 on: July 04, 2017, 11:52:42 PM »
a link: http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/04/politics/kfile-reddit-user-trump-tweet/
The Reddit user who initially claimed credit for President Donald Trump's tweet that showed Trump tackling CNN issued an apology Tuesday for the video and other offensive content he posted -- one day after CNN identified the man behind the account and attempted to make contact with him.
On Reddit, "HanA**holeSolo" took credit for inspiring the tweet. Soon after, "HanA**holeSolo's" other posts on Reddit, some of which included racist and anti-Semitic imagery, quickly circulated on social media.

Now the user is apologizing, writing in a lengthy post on Reddit that he does not advocate violence against the press and expressing remorse there and in an interview with CNN for other posts he made that were racist and anti-Semitic.

The apology came after CNN's KFile identified the man behind "HanA**holeSolo." Using identifying information that "HanA**holeSolo" posted on Reddit, KFile was able to determine key biographical details, to find the man's name using a Facebook search and ultimately corroborate details he had made available on Reddit.

On Monday, KFile attempted to contact the man by email and phone but he did not respond. On Tuesday, "HanA**holeSolo" posted his apology on the subreddit /The_Donald and deleted all of his other posts.

"First of all, I would like to apologize to the members of the reddit community for getting this site and this sub embroiled in a controversy that should never have happened," he wrote. "I would also like to apologize for the posts made that were racist, bigoted, and anti-semitic. I am in no way this kind of person, I love and accept people of all walks of life and have done so for my entire life. I am not the person that the media portrays me to be in real life, I was trolling and posting things to get a reaction from the subs on reddit and never meant any of the hateful things I said in those posts. I would never support any kind of violence or actions against others simply for what they believe in, their religion, or the lifestyle they choose to have. Nor would I carry out any violence against anyone based upon that or support anyone who did."

The user further apologized for calls for violence against the press in his statement on Reddit.

"The meme was created purely as satire, it was not meant to be a call to violence against CNN or any other news affiliation," he wrote. "I had no idea anyone would take it and put sound to it and then have it put up on the President's Twitter feed. It was a prank, nothing more. What the President's feed showed was not the original post that was posted here, but loaded up somewhere else and sound added to it then sent out on Twitter. I thought it was the original post that was made and that is why I took credit for it. I have the highest respect for the journalist community and they put their lives on the line every day with the jobs that they do in reporting the news."

The apology has since been taken down by the moderators of /The_Donald subreddit.
After posting his apology, "HanA**holeSolo" called CNN's KFile and confirmed his identity. In the interview, "HanA**holeSolo" sounded nervous about his identity being revealed and asked to not be named out of fear for his personal safety and for the public embarrassment it would bring to him and his family.

CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.
Trump has not issued an apology for the tweet, which he sent Sunday morning. Homeland Security Adviser Tom Bossert said on ABC's This Week that "no one would perceive" the tweet as a threat.

The Committee to Protect Journalists said in a statement this week that the tweet "undermines the work of the media in the U.S. and makes it more dangerous." CNN said in a statement that the tweet "encourages violence against reporters."

On Monday, a senior administration official told CNN that the video was not pulled from Reddit. The White House still has not responded to a series of questions from CNN asking how the video ended up as a tweet from the President.
When asked specifically about his other posts that consisted of racist, Islamophobic, and anti-Semitic language and imagery, he answered, "I love people of all races, creeds and origins. One of my best friends is a homosexual and one of my best friends is Jewish and one of my best friends is Muslim."
REKT

etiolate

« Reply #7166 on: July 04, 2017, 11:56:17 PM »
I hope CNN gets gawkered over this. They are completely in the wrong.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7167 on: July 05, 2017, 12:12:50 AM »
TROLL HUNTERZ

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #7168 on: July 05, 2017, 12:20:34 AM »
This CNN thing is god damned jaw dropping. It's not really blackmail, sure, but it's more like the ol', "Nice life you got here... be a shame if something were to happen to it."

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7169 on: July 05, 2017, 12:33:06 AM »
Ya im not really uncomfortable with a doxing like this.  However its more of a spectrum.  I'd certainly be ok with publishing personal information about someone publishing KKK material for example and I don't know what the racist or anti-semantic stuff he posted was.  I mean I've posted some racist and anti-semitic stuff here but - outside of my view that all Jews deserve death - i generally mean it as a joke and it could easily be taken out of that context. 

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #7170 on: July 05, 2017, 12:36:09 AM »
Doxing
Dude called a CNN to confirm his identity
CNN didn't publish his name

???

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7171 on: July 05, 2017, 12:39:08 AM »
I meant the general threat and had they done it. 

CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.
CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.

thats not really cool

Nola

« Reply #7172 on: July 05, 2017, 12:40:14 AM »
I've been banned on GAF for pushing back against people advocating doxxing and trying to seek vigilante justice(a thread where posters were trying to get a co-worker that posted right-wing memes and supported Trump fired in fact), not sure I am fully buying this outrage angle against CNN here though....Though I think the article does a poor job explaining the context of this person's behavior to the audience and not offering a clearer justification of the process governing their decisions.

Seems pretty clear the poster in question fully admits he made numerous racist, and hate filled posts and images. The anti-defamation league that was the original source CNN cited claimed his other posts included circulating and furthering numerous instances of hate speech and advocating violence against minority groups while hiding behind the mask of that anonymous online persona.

Some of the poster in question's posts:
“I guess letting them [Muslims] into your country and then being killed by them if you don't conform to their stone age ideology is? You can't win with these f------ wake the f--- up the only way to win is to eradicate them 100% they cannot integrate into modern society they take over like cockroaches.”

“I just like dancing when n------ are getting beat down by the cops.”

They aren't actually doxxing this person unless the person continues to exhibit patterns of hate speech or advocating violence again. Or so they say. I'm not sure it is all that different then the sort of unmasking policies journalists(and even state lawmakers eventually) had toward groups like the KKK in the early part of the 20th century. I guess it could be argued whether or not online behavior should be held to the same standards journalists would toward private citizens visiting and participating in anonymous local chapters of hate groups?

Though I would note of amusing interest from the right-wing hypocrisy sphere, the same site I saw running with this CNN outrage story, was more then giddy at laws that served a similar purpose being used toward ANTIFA.

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #7173 on: July 05, 2017, 12:42:37 AM »
Anyone at the point where they're so used to Trump's shit that they can tune out and not care?

Because that's where I'm at. Wake me up when there's a nuclear missile headed for Seattle.

fixed

or rather, don't wake me up
[close]
QED

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #7174 on: July 05, 2017, 12:42:53 AM »
I hope CNN gets gawkered over this.

ahahahahahahahaha

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7175 on: July 05, 2017, 12:45:19 AM »
ok, ya with comments like that, im fine with it.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #7176 on: July 05, 2017, 12:53:32 AM »
I can't imagine doxxing him would be nearly as entertaining as watching him piss his pants and set fire to his internet persona as soon as he realized his mom might find out.

Should forward his info to someone at CAIR and the ADL so they can shake him down for donations intermittently.

etiolate

« Reply #7177 on: July 05, 2017, 12:53:52 AM »
I hope CNN gets gawkered over this.

ahahahahahahahaha

Why are laughing?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #7178 on: July 05, 2017, 12:57:19 AM »
Cause the idea is HILARIOUS.

etiolate

« Reply #7179 on: July 05, 2017, 01:03:46 AM »
Nothing hilarious about it.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7180 on: July 05, 2017, 01:05:51 AM »
imagine the Hulk Hogan gifs

benjipwns

« Reply #7181 on: July 05, 2017, 01:10:24 AM »
You can't win with these f------ wake the f--- up the only way to win is to eradicate them 100% they cannot integrate into modern society they take over like cockroaches.
...Walrus?

etiolate

« Reply #7182 on: July 05, 2017, 01:18:10 AM »
The ANTIFA professor who was doxxed committed a violent crime. The police were already searching for his identity. When the police came to his house, he pulled guns on them. He was a dangerous person.

The reddit poster made a meme and racist comments, which are not illegal. They do not compare.

CNN could have stopped at finding his other posts and shaming Trump for using the meme of someone who posts racists comments. That is legal and fine. Yet t hey took it further by trying to find his real identity and threatening to doxx him if his behavior did not change. Then they made their behavior about this public to stand as a warning against anyone who simply mocks them.

That is the problem.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #7183 on: July 05, 2017, 01:20:27 AM »
I mean, actually imagine the legal proceedings involved.

Our intrepid hero Han files a suit on the basis of "they might have told people that I wrote a bunch of terrible shit, I mean yeah I wrote it and they didn't actually tell anyone, but they made me apologize under my pseudonym which is basically blackmail." I'm not a lawyer but that sounds like a heavy lift.

Now because they haven't actually doxxed him and because his case rests on the huge amount of harm done to him if his identity were to be made public, he obviously can't file the suit under his real name. It gets tricky cause of the Confrontation Clause of the (looks it up) 6th Amendment, where you get to face your accuser. But over the years the courts have carved out certain exemptions or allowances, e.g. children giving testimony in abuse cases.

So now you have all these legal documents with the name HanAssholeSolo peppered in them, and the plaintiff is showing up with whatever the alt-right equivalent of the V For Vendetta mask is. If they don't allow cameras, we could be talking about a courtroom sketch of some dude in a suit wearing one of those creepy anime girl masks or a Pepe head or something.

Can't even imagine what the testimony would be like, but in all likelihood you'd have a judge spending weeks getting familiar with the various memes and norms of a particularly dumb corner of the internet.

On top of all this he'd have to ask for damages that would bring down Time Warner, so he'd be walking into court asking for what, $10 billion?

Tell me that wouldn't be entertaining.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7184 on: July 05, 2017, 01:22:27 AM »
If the threat of people IRL knowing this dude is a racist idiot gets him to tone down his racism, I'd consider that a win for human decency.

But I'm honestly pretty shocked that it worked, considering that Facebook and Twitter are littered with people posting the same kind of stuff and worse under their real names with little regard.
dog

etiolate

« Reply #7185 on: July 05, 2017, 01:25:55 AM »
It may have worked because he may be a 15 year old kid who got easily spooked, which brings in a whole new set of legal issues for CNN if they were threatening to expose the identity of a minor and endanger him.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7186 on: July 05, 2017, 01:34:09 AM »
Does anyone even agree on what "doxxing" is ? Because those debates keep flaring up in all sort of widely varied circumstances.

At one point I'm not sure it's tenable to expect your pseudo anonymity behind an alias to be upheld at all costs in the name of privacy if you engage in a public platform.

If it's just hip slang for "harassment", call it that.
ὕβρις

etiolate

« Reply #7187 on: July 05, 2017, 01:39:19 AM »
I think the moral quality of doxxing is up for debate. People are rarely consistent in reaction to it.

However, its different from harassment. Harassment can be repeated messages of death threats or vile stuff. Doxxing refers to documenting, which requires the documenting of the user's real life name, home and family in some way.

My moral view of it is that I avoid doing it and being involved in it. It's not new. When I was a little irc child, I could do a little IP/DNS look-up and socially engineer someone's hometown. You did it to spook people, but I quit that because it's just a spook tactic. It's far beyond that these days since more of people's lives are online, including bank accounts and multimedia files.

I am entirely against it when it threatens an innocent person's safety, and define innocent in a criminal sense. However, internet detectives trying to ID a criminal has gone terribly wrong in the past as well. So it's really not something to mess with even when you have a moral highground in some way.

And on that note, 4chan is busy doxxing the fuck out of CNN. Don't start a war with the internet folks.

benjipwns

« Reply #7188 on: July 05, 2017, 01:42:10 AM »
thanks youtube suggestions :rejoice

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #7189 on: July 05, 2017, 01:42:51 AM »
https://twitter.com/DLoesch/status/882467058109358080

It's like I'm injecting Poe's Law directly into my veins at this point.

benjipwns

etiolate

« Reply #7191 on: July 05, 2017, 01:52:31 AM »
When even Brianna Wu thinks you fucked up

Nola

« Reply #7193 on: July 05, 2017, 02:00:39 AM »
I think the moral quality of doxxing is up for debate. People are rarely consistent in reaction to it.

However, its different from harassment. Harassment can be repeated messages of death threats or vile stuff. Doxxing refers to documenting, which requires the documenting of the user's real life name, home and family in some way.

My moral view of it is that I avoid doing it and being involved in it. It's not new. When I was a little irc child, I could do a little IP/DNS look-up and socially engineer someone's hometown. You did it to spook people, but I quit that because it's just a spook tactic. It's far beyond that these days since more of people's lives are online, including bank accounts and multimedia files.

I am entirely against it when it threatens an innocent person's safety, and define innocent in a criminal sense. However, internet detectives trying to ID a criminal has gone terribly wrong in the past as well. So it's really not something to mess with even when you have a moral highground in some way.

And on that note, 4chan is busy doxxing the fuck out of CNN. Don't start a war with the internet folks.

I get the sense you would of been the type of person that would be morally outraged when newspapers in the 20's posted the names of people that attended KKK rallies, but remain conveniently silent when those same KKK people began to engage in threatening behavior at newspapers under the guise they we're defending their right to assembly and free speech. Completely ignoring and side-stepping the original behavior that prompted the rationale for pursuing exposure in the first place.

Sort of like how you are acting now.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #7194 on: July 05, 2017, 02:26:07 AM »
Before I go on, I don't give a shit if this person or anybody in the world gets doxxed. You say something to randoms on the internet, that's as good as saying it in public. Only exception might be if they are are under 16 or something (if you can't get it together by then, you're hopeless).

Anyhoo, it would have been wrong if CNN stopped at just pointing out that this Han-asshole poster is a racist. Because then, internet detectives would have surely doxxed the fuck out of him and everyone would think CNN is a bunch of thin-skinned pussies for opening the door and not protecting the poster.

By reaching out to him, getting his side of it, and then letting it all be water under the bridge it ends up resolving the whole story. Either that or CNN could just totally ignore every time the POTUS tweets a gif of him beating up on journalists.

Seriously, fuck anybody who thinks anything you say on the internet should get a pass. The internet is not your therapists couch.

FatalT

« Reply #7195 on: July 05, 2017, 03:02:10 AM »
Before I go on, I don't give a shit if this person or anybody in the world gets doxxed. You say something to randoms on the internet, that's as good as saying it in public. Only exception might be if they are are under 16 or something (if you can't get it together by then, you're hopeless).

Anyhoo, it would have been wrong if CNN stopped at just pointing out that this Han-asshole poster is a racist. Because then, internet detectives would have surely doxxed the fuck out of him and everyone would think CNN is a bunch of thin-skinned pussies for opening the door and not protecting the poster.

By reaching out to him, getting his side of it, and then letting it all be water under the bridge it ends up resolving the whole story. Either that or CNN could just totally ignore every time the POTUS tweets a gif of him beating up on journalists.

Seriously, fuck anybody who thinks anything you say on the internet should get a pass. The internet is not your therapists couch.

So basically, it's okay to just go ahead and dox the CNN anchors? Got you fam.

Wolf Blitzer

CNN Host

wolf@cnn.com

8929 Holly Leaf Lane

Bethesda, Maryland 20817-2654

(212) 600-1188

https://twitter.com/wolfblitzer

---

Daniel Patrick

CNN

642 Capitol St NE 4

Washington, DC 20003

https://twitter.com/danmericaCNN

---

David Chalian

CNN Political Director

1415 Hopkins St NW #2

Washington, DC 20036

(202) 296-0524

https://twitter.com/DavidChalian

---

Don R Lemon

CNN Anchor

2280 Frederick Douglass Blvd Apt 11B

New York, NY 10027-5329

(404)513-9984

https://twitter.com/donlemon

---

Brian Stelter

Senior Media Correspondent

666 Greenwich St Apt 605

New York, NY 10014-6343

(301)253-8825

https://twitter.com/brianstelter

http://brianstelter.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Stelter

https://www.facebook.com/brianstelter

---

Erick W Erickson

CNN Contributor

736 Waverly Pt

Macon, GA 31210-7548

(478)471-8381

https://twitter.com/EWErickson

http://theresurgent.com/author/erick/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erick_Erickson
[close]

Trent Dole

Hi

FatalT

« Reply #7197 on: July 05, 2017, 03:07:49 AM »
https://twitter.com/LOLGOP/status/882427685800161281

Other than the "guy" being a 15-year-old child who probably uses the n-word liberally online, sure.

Also after this whole incident and the whole "CNN just made up headlines about Russia for ratings" thing, this is scary.

http://time.com/4844498/americans-trust-cnn-donald-trump-poll/
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 03:12:04 AM by FatalT »

Oblivion

« Reply #7198 on: July 05, 2017, 03:55:13 AM »
https://twitter.com/LOLGOP/status/882427685800161281

Other than the "guy" being a 15-year-old child who probably uses the n-word liberally online, sure.

Also after this whole incident and the whole "CNN just made up headlines about Russia for ratings" thing, this is scary.

http://time.com/4844498/americans-trust-cnn-donald-trump-poll/

It's scary that the public trusts CNN more than someone who happens to be a birther and tweets like a 12 year old conspiracy theorist?

etiolate

« Reply #7199 on: July 05, 2017, 03:57:05 AM »
Mandark you may want to visit the Wizard of Oz to ask for a soul.