Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5451356 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| DEEP STATE OPPO DROPPO
« Reply #7080 on: June 28, 2017, 01:38:41 PM »
that one's actually not that bad
The #AmazonWashingtonPost (sometimes referred to as the guardian of Amazon not paying internet taxes (which they should)) is FAKE NEWS!

he just needs to learn how to tweetstorm it
tweet thread incoming: The #AmazonWashingtonPost 1/526
which is a newspaper 2/256
that sometimes is referred to as the guardian of Amazon 3/652
such as when they defend Amazon not paying internet taxes 5/1544
which Amazon should be doing as well as the Washington Post 6/1776
pay internet taxes that is, which the Washington Post defends Amazon over 8/1994
is FAKE NEWS! 526/526

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7081 on: June 28, 2017, 01:38:57 PM »
I'm becoming more and more pissed off that Obama didn't shit all over fox news every day during his time. But then I remembered what a classy and dignified president is supposed to look like.

I think late in his second term, maybe even after the 2016 election, he took a couple of really mild shots at Fox News and they completely freaked out.
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #7082 on: June 28, 2017, 01:54:10 PM »
pre-Obama, I remember fox news getting pretty upset over the Democrats refusing to hold any of their Presidential debates with them

though in the end i think they did one? maybe? i can probably just look this up instead of continuing to write this post

edit: guess this one was on both CNN/Fox but they didn't "host" it but i mention it because of that shade against Kucinich's campaign office:
The Des Moines Register and Iowa Public Television hosted a Democratic debate in Johnston, Iowa. Six of the eight candidates were invited. Dennis Kucinich was excluded because he had not rented office space in the state. The Register determined “that a person working out of his home did not meet our criteria for a campaign office and full-time paid staff in Iowa.”
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 01:58:32 PM by benjipwns »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7083 on: June 28, 2017, 01:57:58 PM »
Less than a day after a monument of the Ten Commandments was installed outside the Arkansas State Capitol in Little Rock, it was destroyed when a man smashed a car into the stone.

Authorities say Michael T. Reed II drove a 2016 Dodge Dart into the 6,000-pound granite slab at about 4:47 a.m. local time on Wednesday.

A video that appears to have been taken from inside the car was posted on the Facebook account of a Michael Reed early Wednesday. It shows what looks like the Arkansas State Capitol building. A man's voice says: "Oh my goodness. Freedom!" as the car careens into the monument.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/06/28/534697858/arkansas-ten-commandments-monument-lasted-less-than-24-hours
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7084 on: June 28, 2017, 02:01:59 PM »
You left out the best part:

A similar incident happened at the Oklahoma Capitol in 2014: A man drove his car into a Ten Commandments monument, shattering it. That driver was identified as Michael T. Reed of Van Buren, Ark. He was admitted to a hospital the next day for mental treatment and not formally charged, The Associated Press reports. The news service says it's not clear whether the man is the same Michael T. Reed of Van Buren accused of mowing down the Arkansas monument.

In the 2014 incident, The Oklahoman reported that the U.S. Secret Service interviewed the driver and that he told agents that he has bipolar disorder and that Satan had directed him to destroy the monument.

They're not sure yet whether this is the same guy, if there are multiple Michael T. Reeds living in Van Buren that are running over Ten Commandments all over the country. Oh my goodness! Freedom! :rock

©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #7085 on: June 28, 2017, 02:08:02 PM »
the U.S. Secret Service interviewed the driver and that he told agents that he has bipolar disorder and that Satan had directed him to destroy the monument.
now wait a minute, back up here, this raises questions

The U.S. Secret Service interviews people who drive into Ten Commandment monuments? Is that under their counterfeit currency division or something?

benjipwns

« Reply #7086 on: June 28, 2017, 02:12:29 PM »
oh, okay:
OHP troopers discovered the crashed monument around 7:00 p.m. Thursday evening. Troopers found an abandoned vehicle that had been driven into the statue.The Secret Service tells FOX 25 they arrested Michael Tate Reed Jr., of Roland, after he went to the Federal Court building, admitted to crashing his car into the statue and then making threatening statements against President Barack Obama

our hero:

The suspect said Satan told him to do it, Secret Service officials said. He also reportedly said he would kill President Obama and spit on a photo of Obama. The suspect also allegedly admitted that he urinated on the Ten Commandments monument before running it over.

Reed's mother, Crystal Tucker, said such an action is not something he would do.

“He would never deface something that meant so much to him. He takes the Ten Commandments very seriously,” Tucker said.

Tucker said Reed has been battling breakdowns for two years.

“It all started after an injury at work four years ago,” Tucker said. “Now, when he has these breakdowns, the one thing that is foremost in his mind, his religion, is the thing he takes it out on.”

Tucker said Reed does not worship Satan.

“Anyone who knows Michael, knows he loves his God," Tucker said. "Right now, everyone is praying for him.”
marking his target :lawd

benjipwns

« Reply #7087 on: June 28, 2017, 06:03:15 PM »

:putin

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #7088 on: June 28, 2017, 06:36:30 PM »
Would love to see comparable stats for the ACA. Felt like that was the center of discussion for a pretty extended period.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7089 on: June 28, 2017, 06:38:50 PM »
TBH the possibility of the whitehouse being under Russian influence is more entertaining than the healthcare of poor Americans. 

etiolate

« Reply #7090 on: June 28, 2017, 06:40:57 PM »
Ratings > Public Interest

benjipwns

« Reply #7091 on: June 28, 2017, 07:09:05 PM »
Would love to see comparable stats for the ACA. Felt like that was the center of discussion for a pretty extended period.
of course the propagandists would cover what their masters ordered them to and how, you're saying the same thing these independent journalists are about the lamestream media

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #7092 on: June 28, 2017, 09:00:02 PM »
Journolist strikes again.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #7094 on: June 29, 2017, 08:23:50 AM »
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/offbeat/she-has-a-nice-smile-trump-singles-out-rté-s-caitriona-perry-1.3136445?mode=amp

Hide your daughters.

This is the kind of behavior you expect from banned NeoGAF users like Amir0x or Dennis, not the President of the United States.  ::)
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7096 on: June 29, 2017, 11:44:30 AM »
lol WTF

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7097 on: June 29, 2017, 11:45:11 AM »
also when i got to 'bleeding badly' i so thought that was going somewhere else

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #7098 on: June 29, 2017, 11:46:25 AM »
also when i got to 'bleeding badly' i so thought that was going somewhere else

From her wherever?
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #7099 on: June 29, 2017, 12:47:29 PM »
Surprised Trump has never brought up that female staffer that died in Joe's office. Seems like the perfect Trump move.

etiolate

« Reply #7100 on: June 29, 2017, 12:55:30 PM »
"I kicked you out because your facelift was bleeding" is some cold shit.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7101 on: June 29, 2017, 01:31:26 PM »
ὕβρις

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #7102 on: June 29, 2017, 01:50:13 PM »
It's always pretty amazing how Trump's basically gotten anything he could have asked for and still is so deeply insecure.

He's Nixonian, only dumb.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 03:01:05 PM by Mandark »

FStop7

« Reply #7104 on: June 29, 2017, 05:24:32 PM »
Trump would never have tweeted that about Mika Brzezinski if her father was still alive.  That guy was colder than Putin.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7105 on: June 29, 2017, 08:40:40 PM »
The smoking gun dropped !

:nsfanyone

spoiler (click to show/hide)

spoiler (click to show/hide)
#RichEvanswastherealleakerneverforget #Killary
[close]
[close]
ὕβρις

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #7106 on: June 29, 2017, 11:01:53 PM »
"She used the good jelly. The smuckers." :dead

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #7107 on: June 30, 2017, 01:17:41 AM »
Seth Rich more like Seth Bitch :teehee
Hi

benjipwns

« Reply #7108 on: June 30, 2017, 01:43:06 AM »
Surprised Trump has never brought up that female staffer that died in Joe's office. Seems like the perfect Trump move.
Pulling this is what got Kos banned from MSNBC:
Markos: Like story of a certain dead intern. RT @JoeNBC: Luckily for the White House, the media has been negligent on this story since Day 1.

Markos: But if you want to talk about bullshit “scandals”, @JoeNBC, there’s this one about Joe Sestak and the White House you might’ve heard of.

JoeNBC: @markos Unbelievable. You have a long history of spreading lies suggesting I am a murderer. This is the 3rd or 4th time by my count.

Markos: @JoeNBC, I’ve never suggested you’re a murderer. I’ve noted media hypocrisy in going after Gary Condit. But he was Dem. You aren’t.

JoeNBC: Anyone in media who interviews @markos, know that you’re extending your credibility to someone who regularly suggests that I’m a murderer.

Markos: A bit touchy, @JoeNBC? Links for where I accuse you of being a murderer please.

There's also been a low level edit war over Scarborough's wiki entry for like ten years  :lol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Joe_Scarborough/Archive_01
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Joe_Scarborough/Archive_02
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Joe_Scarborough/Archive_03

I've personally been dropping it in randomly among young MSNBC-watching groups like PoliGAF for years and they're always like "he did what?!?!?"

It's probably the most dick political thing I do online. :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #7109 on: June 30, 2017, 01:43:27 AM »
speaking of MSNBC, now they're discriminating against Scientologists:
But a few days shy of her six-month mark on air, Van Susteren’s business is finished on MSNBC, according to people familiar with the situation. The anchor, whose show struggled to gain traction even as the rest of her colleagues were buoyed by anti-Trump hysteria, has parted ways with the network. She will not appear on the show on Thursday evening. She will be permanently replaced by Ari Melber, the network’s chief legal correspondent and host of the The Point on weekends. He will continue to appear across NBC and MSNBC shows as he takes over the 6 P.M. slot next month. (MSNBC and NBC News declined to comment. Reached by phone Thursday afternoon, Van Susteren had no comment.)

Nola

« Reply #7110 on: June 30, 2017, 03:26:06 AM »
WASHINGTON—Before the 2016 presidential election, a longtime Republican opposition researcher mounted an independent campaign to obtain emails he believed were stolen from Hillary Clinton’s private server, likely by Russian hackers.

In conversations with members of his circle and with others he tried to recruit to help him, the GOP operative, Peter W. Smith, implied he was working with retired Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn, at the time a senior adviser to then-candidate Donald Trump.

“He said, ‘I’m talking to Michael Flynn about this—if you find anything, can you let me know?’” said Eric York, a computer-security expert from Atlanta who searched hacker forums on Mr. Smith’s behalf for people who might have access to the emails.

Emails written by Mr. Smith and one of his associates show that his small group considered Mr. Flynn and his consulting company, Flynn Intel Group, to be allies in their quest.

What role, if any, Mr. Flynn may have played in Mr. Smith’s project is unclear. In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, Mr. Smith said he knew Mr. Flynn, but he never stated that Mr. Flynn was involved.

Mr. Flynn didn’t respond to requests for comment.

A Trump campaign official said that Mr. Smith didn’t work for the campaign, and that if Mr. Flynn coordinated with him in any way, it would have been in his capacity as a private individual. The White House declined to comment.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller is investigating Russian attempts to sway the U.S. election and whether there was collusion between Russians and the Trump campaign. President Trump has denied any collusion and called the investigation a “witch hunt.” The Russian government has denied it interfered in the election.

Mr. Smith died at age 81 on May 14, which was about 10 days after the Journal interviewed him. His account of the email search is believed to be his only public comment on it.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/gop-operative-sought-clinton-emails-from-hackers-implied-a-connection-to-flynn-1498770851

Lawfare did a really good interview with the reporter that conducted the interview and they sort of worked through all the scenarios that could plausibly explain this. Nefarious and benign.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/lawfare-podcast-special-edition-shane-harris-wall-street-journals-collusion-story

benjipwns

« Reply #7111 on: June 30, 2017, 03:41:35 AM »
DON'T LOOK AT THAT, LOOK AT THIS.

OVER HERE OVER HERE OVER HERE HILLARY CLINTON OVER HERE E-MAILS:

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7112 on: June 30, 2017, 07:39:42 AM »
“We’re having a dispute with Qatar — we’re supposed to say Qatar,” Trump said Wednesday night, mocking the pronunciation of the country’s name. “It’s Qatar, they prefer. I prefer that they don’t fund terrorism.”

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/30/heres-the-audio-of-donald-trumps-private-rnc-fundraiser-at-his-own-hotel/

So recently there were talks of France and the US threatening Assad with strikes in case of a new chemical attack. There was also a couple of other issues like the arrests of protestors in Russia and the like that elicited statements from the US but not, IIRC, from Trump himself. I guess the US State Department is mostly acting autonomously on those issues with the tacit approval of the White House ? Can anyone knowledgeable comment ?

EDIT :

Game of Trades soon? Tarriffs are coming.

https://www.axios.com/exclusive-trump-plots-trade-wars-2450764900.html
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 07:43:59 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #7113 on: June 30, 2017, 07:48:06 AM »
Trump is just reaching across the aisle to Democrats rather than serving the neoliberal globalist cuckservative free trade agenda.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7114 on: June 30, 2017, 08:25:59 AM »
Oh god that Op-Ed from Mika Brzezinski & Joe Scarborough  :rofl

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/opinions/donald-trump-is-not-well/2017/06/30/97759ee0-5d0f-11e7-9b7d-14576dc0f39d_story.html

America’s leaders and allies are asking themselves yet again whether this man is fit to be president. We have our doubts, but we are both certain that the man is not mentally equipped to continue watching our show, “Morning Joe.”

The president’s unhealthy obsession with “Morning Joe” does not serve the best interests of either his mental state or the country he runs. Despite his constant claims that he no longer watches the show, the president’s closest advisers tell us otherwise. That is unfortunate. We believe it would be better for America and the rest of the world if he would keep his 60-inch-plus flat-screen TV tuned to “Fox & Friends.”

Putting aside Mr. Trump’s never-ending obsession with women’s blood, Mika and her face were perfectly intact, as pictures from that night reveal. And though it is no one’s business, the president’s petulant personal attack against yet another woman’s looks compels us to report that Mika has never had a face-lift. If she had, it would be evident to anyone watching “Morning Joe” on their high-definition TV.

We have known Mr. Trump for more than a decade and have some fond memories of our relationship together. But that hasn’t stopped us from criticizing his abhorrent behavior or worrying about his fitness.

I'm not too surprised, nor too angry, that TV personalities are defending themselves "at their own level" but that's a pretty low bar for discourse for the Respected True News outlets still.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7115 on: June 30, 2017, 01:47:55 PM »
Between not watching Morning Joe and not helping the healthcare bill to pass, Trump managed to find some time to warn North Korea that he will take a stern non-action if things continue on the same path than the last 20 years.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN19L27E?il=0

Also apparently his plan is to repeal Obamacare and figure the rest of this shit never "later". I'm putting the Reuters link for the amazing Trump photo attached.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN19L1F6?il=0

Cancer treament : pending.
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7116 on: June 30, 2017, 02:05:43 PM »
At this point, repealing Obamacare and replacing it with nothing might actually be a better alternative than the current replacement plan.
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #7117 on: June 30, 2017, 02:26:13 PM »
I think the model to start looking at is last week when Trump promised to pass a law that already was in place since like 1996. Just repeal something named "Obamacare" and have everyone start arguing as if things have changed and been made better, the best, huge improvements in coverage, bigly insurance.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 02:31:29 PM by benjipwns »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #7118 on: June 30, 2017, 02:39:50 PM »
                Russia collusion is fake new!
                   /
:trumps

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/340166-gop-investigation-sought-connection-between-clintons-emails-and-russia

According to the Journal, federal investigators probing Russia’s role in the 2016 election have looked into intelligence reports indicating that Russian hackers sought to obtain Clinton’s emails and hand them over to Flynn through an intermediary.
It isn’t clear who the intermediary was, though the intelligence was gathered around the same time that Smith’s group was seeking the emails.

©ZH

etiolate

« Reply #7119 on: June 30, 2017, 03:08:13 PM »
That report has popped up in a lot of places but it is a bunch of nothing. It's basically "Flynn may have asked a guy who is now dead to find Clinton emails but the guy denied that Flynn requested this and he only found five supposed sources that claimed to have the hacked emails, two of which could have been Russian but nothing ever materialized cuz they probably werent hacked, even according to Comey and Clinton. In the end they found no evidence of anything. RIP"

but it sure is viral! clicky clicky

btw, ny times recanted that 17 intel agencies claim

It's all entertainment.

Tasty

« Reply #7120 on: June 30, 2017, 03:20:47 PM »
That report has popped up in a lot of places but it is a bunch of nothing. It's basically "Flynn may have asked a guy who is now dead to find Clinton emails but the guy denied that Flynn requested this and he only found five supposed sources that claimed to have the hacked emails, two of which could have been Russian but nothing ever materialized cuz they probably werent hacked, even according to Comey and Clinton. In the end they found no evidence of anything. RIP"

but it sure is viral! clicky clicky

Speaking of this exact same scenario, what's the latest on Seth Rich?

etiolate

« Reply #7121 on: June 30, 2017, 03:47:35 PM »
Nothing new on Rich.

FStop7

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7123 on: June 30, 2017, 05:18:20 PM »
https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/docs/disclosures/07012017-report-final.pdf

People selling out their country for $180k a year.

Jared & Ivanka 0.00 per annum :usacry
I'm kinda surprised deputy press secretary Huckabee Sanders is barely 14k behind Spicer.
ὕβρις

etiolate

« Reply #7125 on: June 30, 2017, 07:38:29 PM »
https://apnews.com/09fadc7c8f92451097507dbbd92cf9d7

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) — A North Carolina man has been sentenced to two years in prison in connection with a series of computer hacks that targeted former CIA Director John Brennan and other government officials.

Twenty-three-year-old Andrew Otto Boggs of North Wilkesboro, North Carolina, pleaded guilty earlier this year to unauthorized computer access for his participation in the hacking group “Crackas with Attitude.”

:dolezal

FStop7

« Reply #7126 on: June 30, 2017, 08:14:07 PM »
Dude threw his future away at 20 years old. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7127 on: June 30, 2017, 11:17:46 PM »
It got lost in the...well...everything else that's happening right now, but Trump's "Voter Fraud" commission sent letters to all 50 states asking them to hand over virtually every scrap of voter information that's available [names, addresses, voting history, party affiliation, felon status, birth dates, last four digits of social security numbers]. Oh, and the commission plans to make all this information publicly available at some point. Fortunately, some states have essentially [or literally, in the case of Mississippi] told the commission to go jump in the Gulf:

Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann, also a Republican, said he had yet to receive the commission's request but that his reply to such a request would be: "They can go jump in the Gulf of Mexico and Mississippi is a great State to launch from." He cited the need to protect the privacy of state citizens "by conducting our own electoral processes."
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7129 on: July 01, 2017, 05:27:45 AM »
Lawfare has a follow up on that story about a Trump campaign backed entity trying to get Clinton's emails :

https://www.lawfareblog.com/time-i-got-recruited-collude-russians

Maybe I'm hazy on the word "collusion" but while arguably reprehensible, there's nothing here that qualify as coordinating ?
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7130 on: July 01, 2017, 11:18:01 AM »
It got lost in the...well...everything else that's happening right now, but Trump's "Voter Fraud" commission sent letters to all 50 states asking them to hand over virtually every scrap of voter information that's available [names, addresses, voting history, party affiliation, felon status, birth dates, last four digits of social security numbers]. Oh, and the commission plans to make all this information publicly available at some point. Fortunately, some states have essentially [or literally, in the case of Mississippi] told the commission to go jump in the Gulf:

Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann, also a Republican, said he had yet to receive the commission's request but that his reply to such a request would be: "They can go jump in the Gulf of Mexico and Mississippi is a great State to launch from." He cited the need to protect the privacy of state citizens "by conducting our own electoral processes."

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/881137079958241280
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7132 on: July 01, 2017, 11:28:47 AM »
Day three of Trump attacking Joe and Mika. :doge This dense motherfucker just can't let it go.

Too bad!
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7133 on: July 01, 2017, 11:39:40 AM »
I think their plan was they didn't really care what information or how much of it they got, they'd use it to draw bad conclusions regardless.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #7134 on: July 01, 2017, 12:22:26 PM »
VERY DISTINGUISHED
©@©™

etiolate

« Reply #7135 on: July 01, 2017, 03:54:10 PM »
Trump knows good television. He gives the press good nonsense and they can't stop themselves from being a gossip rag. At the same time that they're rightfully criticizing him for acting beneath the dignity of the office, they're acting beneath the level of serious journalism.

Boredfrom

« Reply #7136 on: July 01, 2017, 04:04:08 PM »
Trump knows good television. He gives the press good nonsense and they can't stop themselves from being a gossip rag. At the same time that they're rightfully criticizing him for acting beneath the dignity of the office, they're acting beneath the level of serious journalism.

Eh, I think he knows how to create controversy but not how direct it now that he is in a official position. The guys actually working for passing all the stuff behind the incidental distractions are probably not even in his inner circle but staff that actually know what to do than Bannon or others.

etiolate

« Reply #7137 on: July 01, 2017, 04:10:15 PM »
It is harder to do from the position of being the President. I am not sure the impact it has on his actual popularity or his ability to get policy done. I don't recall much of his policy getting through, but I believe they did just partially re-instate his travel ban.

Which is a big thing.

But social media (which is how people get news often) is all about Trump shitposting.

etiolate

« Reply #7138 on: July 01, 2017, 04:16:56 PM »
I think the Health Care bill and our military activity in foreign nations are much more important than Trump's dumb tweets and unmerited collusion stories.

I expect press that thinks it has authority or is some sort of gatekeeper to hold up to some self-control on what they focus on.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις