Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5454762 times)

seagrams hotsauce

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| New WH Comm Director: Frank Lee Power
« Reply #8100 on: August 11, 2017, 05:05:15 PM »
Don't flatter yourself. People here openly talk shit about you, fuckface. The idea that you think your dumb bullshit is threatening is fucking hilarious.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #8101 on: August 11, 2017, 05:16:43 PM »
Etoilet: I know you're all talking about me behind my back!
The Bore: Who dis?
que

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #8102 on: August 11, 2017, 05:21:15 PM »
Passive aggressive Mandark

A coward through and through
This is either a joke post where you've PMed PD beforehand or one of the more aggressive Notice Me Senpais I've seen.

I'm addressing your passive aggressive style and that it reflects the general cowardice you have towards conflicting information, different views, standing up for anything and actually making an argument. You're an intellectual coward and I get the feeling you're just a general coward. You tend to gaslight. You tend to hide from the discussion. You just tend to be bitchmade. And I know how folks here, including you, would talk shit about me behind my back.

It's strange you use senpai when my message comes from a place of having zero respect for you, but it does fit your style of trying to belittle others that threaten you for some reason.
Man, dark.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #8103 on: August 11, 2017, 05:41:00 PM »
I guess etoilet really thinks he comes across as some sort of cool guy capable of alternate ways of thinking and processing information as opposed to the reality divorced whiny little bitch that doubles and then triples down on dubious horseshit in an attempt to "get us" or whatever that he is in reality.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 05:45:28 PM by Human Snorenado »
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8104 on: August 11, 2017, 05:43:23 PM »
but it does fit your style of trying to belittle others that threaten you for some reason.

:thinking
dog

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #8105 on: August 11, 2017, 06:34:49 PM »
Passive aggressive Mandark

A coward through and through
This is either a joke post where you've PMed PD beforehand or one of the more aggressive Notice Me Senpais I've seen.

I'm addressing your passive aggressive style and that it reflects the general cowardice you have towards conflicting information, different views, standing up for anything and actually making an argument. You're an intellectual coward and I get the feeling you're just a general coward. You tend to gaslight. You tend to hide from the discussion. You just tend to be bitchmade. And I know how folks here, including you, would talk shit about me behind my back.

It's strange you use senpai when my message comes from a place of having zero respect for you, but it does fit your style of trying to belittle others that threaten you for some reason.

bent

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #8106 on: August 11, 2017, 06:37:41 PM »
fact check: actually mandark is a cool guy

we give this statement so many pinnochios

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #8107 on: August 11, 2017, 06:45:04 PM »
I'm scared for the world.

It will be OK. I don't think the discourse of calling Kim a maniac or a madman is helping but as far as we can tell the DPRK is probably chasing goals that can be rationalized : imperviousness to foreign intervention and building pressure to force the USA out of their guarantees towards South Korea.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The beauty of nuclear weapon usage theory is that if it's wrong, no one will be left to point it
[close]
ὕβρις

etiolate

« Reply #8108 on: August 11, 2017, 06:52:43 PM »
fact check: actually mandark is a cool guy

we give this statement so many pinnochios

Good people don't do what you do.

You're a coward and I sense that you're vile inside.

However, I am just flinging assessments at you. There's not much else to do in regards to a person like you. However, if you insist on the snark and passive aggressive horseshit, I'll continue to be honest about your behavior. That'll be our agreement.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #8109 on: August 11, 2017, 07:16:28 PM »

Good people don't do what you do.

You're a coward and I sense that you're vile inside.

newsfeed

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8110 on: August 11, 2017, 10:21:01 PM »
Is this the same sense that tells you the DNC killed Seth Rich?  etiolate: an internet sleuth with the scoop on Mandark's insides.

benjipwns

« Reply #8111 on: August 11, 2017, 10:30:23 PM »
The DNC hired Mandark to kill Seth Rich?

benjipwns

« Reply #8112 on: August 11, 2017, 10:32:29 PM »
Do we have speedtest.net data from Mandark? Asking for a Mrs. vanden Heuvel.

agrajag

« Reply #8113 on: August 12, 2017, 03:07:24 AM »
COVFEFE

benjipwns

« Reply #8114 on: August 12, 2017, 04:34:51 AM »
Is that some kind of trigger code word? Wait, did I stumble onto too much about Mandark? Is benjipwns the next Seth Rich? I warn you, I'm loading up speedtest.net as we speak.

benjipwns

« Reply #8115 on: August 12, 2017, 04:49:22 AM »

oh god

remember he's a coward remember he's bitchmade remember he's a coward remember he's a coward

agrajag

« Reply #8116 on: August 12, 2017, 10:47:40 AM »
Is that some kind of trigger code word? Wait, did I stumble onto too much about Mandark? Is benjipwns the next Seth Rich? I warn you, I'm loading up speedtest.net as we speak.

Better be careful how deep you dig, there might be darker secrets the DNC and cowardly Mandark are trying to hide behind the layers of metdata.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #8117 on: August 12, 2017, 10:52:39 AM »
So recently H. R. McMaster turfed a few Bannon allies from the National Security Council, including a guy who'd apparently written a memo about Trump being under siege from the deep state and whatnot. Foreign Policy got their hands on a copy of the memo and it's a doozy.

Globalists and lslamists recognize that for their visions to succeed, America, both as an ideal and as a national and political identity, must be destroyed. Atomization of society must also occur at the individual level; with attacks directed against all levels of group and personal identity. Hence the sexism, racism and xenophobia memes. As a Judea-Christian culture, forced inclusion of post-modern notions of tolerance is designed to induce nihilistic contradictions that reduce all thought, all faith, all loyalties to meaninglessness.

Battlespace. These attack narratives are pervasive, full spectrum and institutionalized at all levels. They operate in social media, television, the 24-hour news cycle in all media, and are entrenched at the upper levels of the bureaucracies and within the foreign policy establishment. They inform the entertainment industry from late night monologues, to situation comedies, to television series memes, to movie themes. The effort required to direct this capacity at President Trump is little more than a programming decision to do so. The cultural Marxist narrative is fully deployed, pervasive, full spectrum and ongoing. Regarding the president, attacks have become a relentless 24/7 effort. While there is certainly a Marxist agenda and even lslamist motivations that must be seriously addressed in their own right, these motivations alone seem inadequate to explain the scope and magnitude of the effort directed against the president. The economic drivers behind the Marxist and Islamist ideologues are enormously influential and seek to leverage these ideological movements for their own self interests. While beyond the actual scope of this document, the benefactors of these political movements include; Urban Real Estate who depend greatly on immigrant tenants, International Banking who seeks to maintain US debtor status so as to control the application of American power, and elements of the business sector that depend upon immigrant labor or government infrastructure. The overall objective of these economic forces is the forced urbanization of the populace, thereby necessitating a larger, more powerful government. In summary, this is a form of population control by certain business cartels in league with cultural Marxists/corporatists/lslamists who will leverage Islamic terrorism threats to justify the creation of a police state.

The Bannon faction is really a bunch of smart-dumbs, isn't it? Feels like a bunch of guys who tell everyone about how they read The Art of War, or explain the OODA loop.

cultural Marxists....Jews, correct?

whew lads

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #8118 on: August 12, 2017, 11:20:22 AM »
This tweet thread's actually a good history of "cultural Marxism" in the right-wing imagination (think ACORN/Soros/NBPP etc.):

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/895816982167027712

Yeah, the Jew thing seems to be a factor, but I think we're primarily the "globalists" and "bankers" in that memo.
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #8119 on: August 12, 2017, 11:53:34 AM »
Video made by some of the racist dudes at the protest rally thingy today:

I need a PD hot take.

agrajag

« Reply #8120 on: August 12, 2017, 12:09:56 PM »
Wow, I knew the Red Wings slipped in the rankings, but now they really have reached a new low.  :doge

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #8123 on: August 12, 2017, 12:29:41 PM »
Why aren't they threatening to kill anyone tho  :mindblown
Both sides have to throw down their gloves and gear or else it's a further game misconduct penalty.

etiolate

« Reply #8124 on: August 12, 2017, 12:31:22 PM »
So recently H. R. McMaster turfed a few Bannon allies from the National Security Council, including a guy who'd apparently written a memo about Trump being under siege from the deep state and whatnot. Foreign Policy got their hands on a copy of the memo and it's a doozy.

Globalists and lslamists recognize that for their visions to succeed, America, both as an ideal and as a national and political identity, must be destroyed. Atomization of society must also occur at the individual level; with attacks directed against all levels of group and personal identity. Hence the sexism, racism and xenophobia memes. As a Judea-Christian culture, forced inclusion of post-modern notions of tolerance is designed to induce nihilistic contradictions that reduce all thought, all faith, all loyalties to meaninglessness.

Battlespace. These attack narratives are pervasive, full spectrum and institutionalized at all levels. They operate in social media, television, the 24-hour news cycle in all media, and are entrenched at the upper levels of the bureaucracies and within the foreign policy establishment. They inform the entertainment industry from late night monologues, to situation comedies, to television series memes, to movie themes. The effort required to direct this capacity at President Trump is little more than a programming decision to do so. The cultural Marxist narrative is fully deployed, pervasive, full spectrum and ongoing. Regarding the president, attacks have become a relentless 24/7 effort. While there is certainly a Marxist agenda and even lslamist motivations that must be seriously addressed in their own right, these motivations alone seem inadequate to explain the scope and magnitude of the effort directed against the president. The economic drivers behind the Marxist and Islamist ideologues are enormously influential and seek to leverage these ideological movements for their own self interests. While beyond the actual scope of this document, the benefactors of these political movements include; Urban Real Estate who depend greatly on immigrant tenants, International Banking who seeks to maintain US debtor status so as to control the application of American power, and elements of the business sector that depend upon immigrant labor or government infrastructure. The overall objective of these economic forces is the forced urbanization of the populace, thereby necessitating a larger, more powerful government. In summary, this is a form of population control by certain business cartels in league with cultural Marxists/corporatists/lslamists who will leverage Islamic terrorism threats to justify the creation of a police state.

The Bannon faction is really a bunch of smart-dumbs, isn't it? Feels like a bunch of guys who tell everyone about how they read The Art of War, or explain the OODA loop.

whew lads

No.

It is the general realm/thought behind identity politics, intersectionalism and the "sjw".  The idea is it comes from the Fankfurt School. There is debate on the true nature of the origin of the thought, but not any debate that it exists in the world now. As in, does it really represent Marx and the minds at Frankfurt? People would disagree. Does the thing itself exist today? Obviously.

So it's just a question of how it came about, but its prevalent in academia.

benjipwns

« Reply #8125 on: August 12, 2017, 12:32:44 PM »
Dude on GAF looked at their patreon page and they got a total of four donations. In the video, there's five guys in the group. So one of them jewed em amirite. (((Jewed))) em!

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #8126 on: August 12, 2017, 12:34:13 PM »
Video made by some of the racist dudes at the protest rally thingy today:

I need a PD hot take.

Ah yes, can't forget our Confederate heritage...in Michigan.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8127 on: August 12, 2017, 12:39:59 PM »
The threat by North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, to create “an enveloping fire” around the tiny United States territory in the Western Pacific will boost Guam tourism “tenfold,” Mr. Trump is heard saying in the recorded conversation with Gov. Eddie Calvo.

The recording was put on the Republican governor’s Facebook page and other social media accounts.

Mr. Trump said: “I have to tell you, you have become extremely famous all over the world. They are talking about Guam; and they’re talking about you.” And when it comes to tourism, he added, “I can say this: You’re going to go up, like, tenfold with the expenditure of no money.”
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #8128 on: August 12, 2017, 12:47:27 PM »
Sean Hannity declares his SUMMER MUST READ:

benjipwns

« Reply #8129 on: August 12, 2017, 01:58:19 PM »
The funny part is that title is actually outdated for me. The Islamic Center a couple miles away offers Sharia Law based mediation.

Wow, in Spanish too.

benjipwns

« Reply #8130 on: August 12, 2017, 02:00:27 PM »
Never submit to questioning without an Attorney

You have a constitutional right to have an attorney
You should NEVER meet with, or submit to questioning by, Law enforcement without an Attorney present.
Be it the FBI or the Police, if you believe there is no reason for them to talk to you, DO NOT Talk to them without an Attorney present.
The Law Enforcement officer asking you questions needs to inform you prior to asking you questions that you have a right to an Attorney.

Public Service Announcements (PSA's) are our humble attempt to put out brief advisories we feel will benefit you as a Muslim and the community at large.
Wow, suspicious, what are they needing to be questioned about?!? :usacry

benjipwns

« Reply #8131 on: August 12, 2017, 02:01:48 PM »
Islamic Center Recycling Efforts....We recycle even FOAM plates
UGH GROSS, SAVE ME NIGEL

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #8132 on: August 12, 2017, 02:08:11 PM »
so nazis drove a car into a group of protestors

trump is silent
püp

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8133 on: August 12, 2017, 02:31:41 PM »

trump is silent

Fake news.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/896431205549318144

He took time out of his busy golf meetings to say Charlottesville sad.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #8135 on: August 12, 2017, 03:53:29 PM »
It seems like he's always forgetting to sign the things and can't figure out who to give the pen to.

benjipwns

« Reply #8136 on: August 12, 2017, 03:54:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/GrimKim/status/896423897217855489
Apparently not him, and Spencer wasn't arrested in any case. He did state on twitter that he was assaulted by the Marxists and MILITARIZED POLICE and that it was an outrage, but that it was a great day and a victory for the good guys.

He had bolted town before the cops even shut down the protest.

Nola

« Reply #8137 on: August 12, 2017, 04:16:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/896366177345261568

Not gonna lie, if Gabe Newell exposed me as a whiny bitch, I'd probably try and get some of that Steam money too.

Also, if you look closely, the rumors do in fact look to be incorrect, at least one woman was in attendance last night.
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #8138 on: August 12, 2017, 04:37:40 PM »
CBS brought on a "security expert" who basically spent five minutes complaining about how underfunded the police are and how this kind of event just proves that police need more support from from their community against protesters and especially financially.

What are they going to do, hire enough cops so they can pile them up until cars can't get through them? Guess they could park a bunch of hand-me-down APC's all over the city.

They also keep going back to the poor White House correspondent asking him what Trump is considering doing with his schedule, might he go there to see what's happening on the ground? Will he issue more statements about this? Is he getting new intelligence updates? Might he ask the Cabinet to meet? Will he pardon his supporter?

Okay, I made up one of those.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #8139 on: August 12, 2017, 05:34:15 PM »
I hope someone loads up a super soaker full of gasoline and douses the next group of tiki torchbabbies

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #8140 on: August 12, 2017, 06:51:07 PM »

whew lads
From what I've seen the term first appears in American political parlance in paleo-conservative thought in the 90s, notably Buchanan, Lind, and Weyrich. I don't think it necessarily needs the conspiratorial trappings it takes on here, though; I've seen it used innocently enough in Soc/Anth stuff that isn't preoccupied with unmasking the pernicious influence of hidden (((interests))) in contemporary America. Certainly, the idea that, in the first two thirds of the 20th century, certain thinkers were interested in wielding what they took to be Marxism to critique cultural products over against more materially minded Marxists is obviously true. The most prominent strain of these thinkers runs from Gramsci and Lukacs to the Frankfurt schoolers down to Habermas. That's pretty much where the factual merit of the use of the term 'cultural Marxism' ends.

In the wake of Anders Breivik and GamerGate, the term has been picked up by choice internet communities interested in diagnosing those same agents of 'cultural decline' that motivated paleo-conservatives ~15 years prior, although they might not identify themselves as conservative. wew lad, indeed.

Yeah, the Jew thing seems to be a factor, but I think we're primarily the "globalists" and "bankers" in that memo.
[close]
At their worst, I've found the people who employ this kind of rhetoric don't particularly care to differentiate too much between their boogeymen of choice.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #8141 on: August 12, 2017, 07:02:18 PM »

trump is silent
We've known Trump is a piece of shit and loves to pander to his (racist) base. This isn't surprising at all.

I'd rather have his allegiances be open and explicit to be honest. When Trump only condemns the "division" and then transitions into a spiel about jobs and trade, it's pretty clear where he stands.

benjipwns

« Reply #8142 on: August 12, 2017, 07:13:51 PM »
Quote from: ABC News
It was not immediately clear whether the male driver of the vehicle acted intentionally, but Charlottesville Police Chief Al Thomas said at a Saturday evening press conference that charges were pending and the situation was being treated "as a criminal homicide."
Quote from: AP
A state official said the driver of a car that plowed into a group of marchers in Charlottesville is in police custody.

Virginia Secretary of Public Safety Brian Moran said the driver, a man, has been arrested.

Moran did not immediately provide a name of the driver.
The organizer of a rally that drew hundreds of white nationalists and other extremists to Charlottesville says he disavows the violence that eroded it.

Jason Kessler said in an interview Saturday evening that whoever drove a car into a group of counter-protesters “did the wrong thing.”
Officials say the deaths of two people in a helicopter crash near Charlottesville, Virginia, have been linked to a violent white nationalist rally earlier in the day.

It was not immediately clear how the crash was connected to the rally. Corinne Geller, a Virignia State Police spokeswoman, says the pilot and a passenger were killed in the crash Saturday afternoon.

The crash happened just a few hours after a car plowed into a crowd of people peacefully protesting against the white nationalist rally.
Oren Segal, who directs the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism, said multiple white power groups gathered in Charlottesville, including members of neo-Nazi organizations, racist skinhead groups and Ku Klux Klan factions.

The white nationalist organizations Vanguard America and Identity Evropa; the Southern nationalist League of the South; the National Socialist Movement; the Traditionalist Workers Party; and the Fraternal Order of Alt Knights also were on hand, he said, along with several groups with a smaller presence.

On the other side, anti-fascist demonstrators also gathered in Charlottesville, but they generally aren’t organized like white nationalist factions, said Heidi Beirich of the Southern Poverty Law Center.

benjipwns

« Reply #8143 on: August 12, 2017, 07:17:45 PM »
Vanguard America has a few decent propaganda posters but some tough requirements on who can join:
Vanguard America is looking for the fit, the presentable, the hard working and the knowledgeable to fill our ranks in the coming struggle for race and nation. Every member of the Vanguard is an indispensable component of our victory. The brotherhood we foster is forged and tested in the flames of action. If you are willing to learn, act, train, and stand alongside us, then you have found your place.

REQUIREMENTS:

You must be of at least 80% White/European heritage
No homosexuals, transsexual, adulterers, or any other form of sexual degeneracy
No felons, criminals
No hand/neck tattoos (exceptions possible)
No addictions of any kind (pornography, alcohol, tobacco, drugs, etc.)
No lifestyle choices that do not reflect our values

Himu

« Reply #8144 on: August 12, 2017, 07:19:55 PM »
I'm scared for the world.

It will be OK. I don't think the discourse of calling Kim a maniac or a madman is helping but as far as we can tell the DPRK is probably chasing goals that can be rationalized : imperviousness to foreign intervention and building pressure to force the USA out of their guarantees towards South Korea.

The beauty of nuclear weapon usage theory is that if it's wrong, no one will be left to point it
[close]

I'm scared because Kim is not a maniac. He's calculated in his bid for power. NK is actually fairly predictable. Trump administration is the wild card. The fact that America is the wild card is frightening because we have such advanced military and ways to kill people. I doubt Kim will strike Guam. He's calling a bluff, in usual NK fashion. But Trump would totally strike NK to stop the percieced threat of NK striking Guam. This will total not only MK but kill tens of millions in Seoul. And if NK is struck, then China will likely strike USA back.

Then we've got white supremacists marching in the open, killing people, and the government isn't denouncing it.

I'm fully ready to get (more) strapped. Then I read something like this today which makes it hard for vulnerable people to defend themselves in a time when they really fucking probably will need to in a couple of years.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-guns-permits-democrats-rich-lott-perspec-0808-jm-20170807-story.html

I'm really glad I believe in God again during this time and actually feel sorry for those who don't. At least I've got the feeling that things will get better...eventually, because of my belief in God. Those who don't just have...all this, and the pit of human cruelty.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #8145 on: August 12, 2017, 08:04:50 PM »
great headline: Neo-Nazis are rallying in Virginia today. Here's how to think about the alt-right.
A new book by Angela Nagle, an Irish academic and writer, offers a timely exploration of the alt-right as a cultural and political force. The book is called Kill All Normies: Online Culture Wars from 4chan and Tumblr to Trump and the Alt-Right. It’s a taxonomy of the alt-right — a reactionary political movement whose adherents include white nationalists like Richard Spencer and more influential people like Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller, both of whom serve as key advisers for President Trump — and a survey of the subculture that spawned it.

I reached out to Nagle to talk about the book and what she learned while writing it. She sees the alt-right as a product of a cynical age, one defined by skepticism and alienation. On the right, she argues, young men have latched onto a burgeoning counterculture that rejects social taboos around race and gender. On the left, intellectual culture has become increasingly insular, creating space for reactionaries on the right.

The result, she says, “is a complete absence of any kind of hopeful inspiring vision of the future.” This is the broader sickness, she told me, and “the alt-right is just a symptom of it.”
Sean Illing
Is there a “Big Bang” moment for the alt-right, a cultural event that helped explode it into being?

Angela Nagle
Trump was the big explosive moment. Obviously there have been reactionary online for many years before Trump, but Trump’s campaign was the moment where it all went completely mainstream. Gamergate was very significant in bringing together a whole cross section of people who were anti–political correctness, but a lot of these people weren’t necessarily right-wing. They were cultural libertarians or free speech enthusiasts, but there wasn’t a lot of political organizing. That changed with Trump. All the anti-PC stuff, the anti-immigration politics, the trolling campaigns — Trump boosted all of that into the mainstream.
Sean Illing
You use the phrase “Tumblr left” to describe the part of the online left that has made a religion of demonstrating its “wokeness.” What’s your criticism of this corner of the web?

Angela Nagle
I think that you cannot take the left out of the picture and make any sense of what's going on, because particularly in these very online younger forms of politics, there was a battle of the subcultures going on online and then it spilled over into campus stuff as that generation of teenagers went to college.

People on the left were annoyed with me because they thought I portrayed a very small subculture on the left as representative of the left in general, but I don’t think that’s the case. I had to describe the online left accurately as I saw it, and the right was in an absolute state of panic about the fact that they were seeing all of these things happening on college campuses: speakers being shut down, platforms being denied, large groups of people ganging up on dissident voices.

Sean Illing
What have your critics on the left got wrong?

Angela Nagle
I think parts of the left have conflated my attempt to criticize this identity-based internet subculture with all of identity politics, and that's simply not true. Identity politics gave us the women's rights movement, the gay rights movement, the civil rights movement, and so on. It would be absurd to conflate that entire radical history with this small internet subculture.

What I criticized wasn’t identity politics in general but a specific version of identity politics that was about performative wokeness, and in particular the reason I didn't like it was because it was very inclined to censor and it was very inclined to gang up on people. I hate that, and I think it deserves to be criticized.
terrible performative wokeness, only one gamergate mention, cannot recommend: 9.25/10

benjipwns

« Reply #8146 on: August 12, 2017, 09:25:36 PM »
The suspect being held in a Virginia jail in connection with a deadly crash near a scheduled rally of white nationalists has been identified as James Alex Fields Jr., 20, of Maumee, Ohio, according to Superintendent Martin Kumer with the Albermarle-Charlottesville County Regional Jail .

Fields is being held on suspicion of second-degree murder, malicious wounding and failure to stop in an accident that resulted in death.

benjipwns

« Reply #8147 on: August 12, 2017, 10:09:18 PM »
don't intend this as a grandiose political observation like etoliate might weave as much as a general media observation but i noticed from clicking on the news stories a lot of them have auto-playing video of the car crashing into the crowd and/or the photo taken at the moment it's hitting people and some are in flying the air, the CBS News stream was just playing it over and over and over, Fox/CNN were doing the same from the couple minutes i watched

seems oddly macabre, they wouldn't show the actual people being directly shot or immediate area as a bomb went off for example, yet feels like they think this is "okay" to be right there in the mix because it's a car?

maybe just because it's too fast/poorly framed? though that doesn't explain the photo, i dunno, maybe it's just me, i guess people watch NASCAR and stuff and enjoy that aspect of it without really thinking about it

or south beach tow

bluemax

« Reply #8148 on: August 12, 2017, 11:38:43 PM »
benji with the straight up doxxing. This is how Seth Rich died.
NO

Boredfrom

« Reply #8150 on: August 13, 2017, 12:01:30 AM »
https://twitter.com/soledadobrien/status/896492127911149568

To some assholes like David Duke this is not exactly enough. Many of them are tired of  just dog whistling.

benjipwns

« Reply #8151 on: August 13, 2017, 12:27:11 AM »
benji with the straight up doxxing. This is how Seth Rich died.
James Fields is a registered Republican so the DNC will have no interest in keeping him from talking.

benjipwns

« Reply #8152 on: August 13, 2017, 12:38:27 AM »
That made me actually look at the Daily Stormer for the first time in ages, I can't take this seriously anymore. The site is titled:
Daily Stormer – The World's Most Genocidal Republican Website
Pepe is all over the site.

The article is like a bad parody of neo-nazi's it's so on the nose:
This is the most interesting part.

The Toledo Blade talked with James Fields’ mom, Samantha Bloom. She told a reporter that Fields had texted her on Friday saying he dropped his cat off at her apartment and was going to an “alt-right” rally in Virginia.

She said she told her son:  “I told him to be careful. [And] if they’re going to rally to make sure he’s doing it peacefully.” She said he didn’t say anything about the rally possibly being extremist and she had no idea he was involved when she returned home from dinner on Saturday night. She really didn’t know what the alt-right rally meant, only to think that it had “something” to do with Trump.

He had only moved out of her apartment about five or six months ago, she said, after they moved to northwest Ohio from Kentucky for her job.

In August 2015, Bloom had updated her Facebook account to show a photo of her and her son, and wrote about how happy she was that he had just left for boot camp. Military records under Fields’ name indicated that he only lasted in boot camp a few months.

“Bloom” is an almost exclusively Jewish name.

He looks Jewish.

Or at least like he could be Jewish.

And I mean, look. Go to this Wikipedia list of people named “Bloom.” They are pretty much all Jewish (except Orlando Bloom, who is not American). We’ll know soon enough. /pol/ is on the case.

Weirdly, they are claiming this was “premeditated.”

I don’t know what that even means. Why would he have premeditated that sort of thing? It seems like a berserker move. But whatever, the terrorist police chief is black.

The Government Says Terrorism

They’ve been looking for the great white terrorist forever now, so they’re jumping all over this.

Of course, the evil spic Ted Cruz is leading the charge.

His fellow greasemeister Marco Rubio his giving him the reacharound.
It looks to me as though he was probably Jewish, and going there to fight Nazis, but is insane and didn’t know who he was crashing into. I just think if he was in any way associated with the Alt-Right, they would have found that information immediately and posted it.

I have to go to sleep now.

This has been a long, weird day that will go down in history.

The world has changed.

We now live in a different world.

I might be late with my posts in the morning. It’s a rare occurrence that. But I am very tired. I feel like I was at the event.

Thank you all.

We are entering a new phase now.

A whole new realm.

Did notice some things in the text though...
Everyone on Blue Checkmark Twitter AKA Yellow Star Twitter had something to say about #Charlottesville.

None of them mentioned the fact that we were literally attacked by the cops without warning and for no reason just before the event was scheduled to start.

Instead they condemned “hate.”

Who are the real haters?

I have never seen hatred like I saw with these people attacking us on the streets.

All we did was just try to have a peaceful, legal political rally to express our views.

Not a single blue checkmark Twitter user that I could find is telling the truth about what happened, let alone supporting us. Which just tells you the extent to which twitter has been censored.

Surely, at least someone would be saying “well, actually, Nazis didn’t start the violence, it was cops and leftists.”

The issue of who started the violence is not subjective or open to interpretation.

But no.
This is why the Center Left is getting so frustrated with Antifas.

“Patriot Prayer” was another one of these Patriot, Alt-Lite, Kekistani, Trump supporter rallies. Basically, it was all the groups who have cold feet about coming to #UniteTheRight because of the associations game. This wasn’t an Alt-Right event, but Antifa attacked them anyway for being racists, fascists and white supremacists. They don’t have a right to free speech or freedom of assembly either.

In Why We Should #UniteTheRight, I said that at the end of the day, these groups “all have common enemies whether they choose to recognize them or not.” That’s exactly what we saw yesterday in Portland. We don’t have the luxury of choosing our enemies. The enemy casts you in the role he wants you to play. The enemy is someone who wants to cause you physical harm.

Augustus Invictus understands the friend/enemy distinction. The enemy isn’t an antagonist or a rival. Antifa is a legitimate enemy whereas all these other beefs don’t rise to that level.

Note: r/Anarchism also understands this and plays on our divisions to keep us weak and divided. They openly say they fear #UniteTheRight will succeed.

benjipwns

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #8154 on: August 13, 2017, 04:02:30 AM »
i noticed from clicking on the news stories a lot of them have auto-playing video of the car crashing into the crowd and/or the photo taken at the moment it's hitting people and some are in flying the air
Yeah, it was alllllllll over my Twitter feed too. Friend asked if I'd seen the footage and was already moving his to show me his phone before I could respond. Told him if I wanted to see it, I already would have.

Wonder if it's marking a trend in displaying brutal imagery or if there's an arbitrary distinction between car violence and gun/explosive violence that's guiding the decisions like you said.

Either way, I've been taking a deliberate hiatus from watching these things for about half a year now. Might take more effort if these are the new rules.

wsippel

« Reply #8155 on: August 13, 2017, 05:02:30 AM »
Alt Right is still a stupid, nebulous term that no one actually has a set definition for. Any random right leaning person is now alt right and it means nothing.

Left and right mean nothing to begin with. How can socialists be far left and Nazis far right when Nazis were socialists? It's an incredibly outdated and asinine concept. There are more recent multi-axial models that make a ton more sense, but they're only really used in political sciences because they're too complicated for the general public.

Also, I'm pretty sure the American "Nazis" are not socialists, so using that term to describe those clowns doesn't make much sense to begin with. They're ultra-nationalist liberal capitalists as far as I can tell. And while we're at it: Fascism is something else entirely, but that word has been misused so often and for so long that hardly anybody knows what it actually means.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #8157 on: August 13, 2017, 05:19:25 AM »
How can socialists be far left and Nazis far right when Nazis were socialists?
Someone tell him about Strasser.

wsippel

« Reply #8158 on: August 13, 2017, 05:31:27 AM »

Otto or Gregor Strasser, the founders of the anti-capitalist wing of the NSDAP?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #8159 on: August 13, 2017, 07:28:34 AM »

Otto or Gregor Strasser, the founders of the anti-capitalist wing of the NSDAP?
The wing which was purged in 1934? No need to be obtuse, you know what he means.