Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5389466 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP
« on: November 14, 2016, 05:38:02 PM »
No more black people in the White House, brehs.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 11:36:53 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Dennis

Re: Gold-Plated Trumpmerica Thread |OT| On-time and under-budget
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 05:48:26 PM »

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 05:55:31 PM »
Page one. It occurred to me today that a white nationalist being in the White House is probably the norm for the highest office in the land, not the exception.

Himu

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 05:58:30 PM »
I called my senator and congressman about Bannon. Do it for yours too.
IYKYK

archie4208

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 06:00:15 PM »
:american

Dennis

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 06:07:44 PM »
Make The Bore Great Again.

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 06:08:03 PM »

I want to know who started the rumors that writing your Congressman or displaying yard signs had any effect on the political process. Probably a stationary company and those guys who make the greasy wire stakes. :(

Himu

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 06:09:07 PM »

I want to know who started the rumors that writing your Congressman or displaying yard signs had any effect on the political process. Probably a stationary company and those guys who make the greasy wire stakes. :(

there's this just today

http://www.attn.com/stories/12768/former-congressional-staffer-explains-how-to-make-congressman-listen?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=direct-share&utm_campaign=shares
IYKYK

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 06:12:14 PM »
This is probably the best advice on there:

If you want to talk to your rep, show up at town hall meetings. Get a huge group that they can't ignore. Pack that place and ask questions.

One phone call doesn’t matter. Organizing hundreds of phone calls is good, but organizing hundreds of people to be at the same place is better.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Organizing thousands of people to vote the way you want is best.
[close]

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 06:13:56 PM »
trying to stop the president of america being normalised is like trying to keep your favourite and most deeply crucial band underground after they've played the superbowl half time show.

Himu

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 06:19:37 PM »
This is probably the best advice on there:

If you want to talk to your rep, show up at town hall meetings. Get a huge group that they can't ignore. Pack that place and ask questions.

One phone call doesn’t matter. Organizing hundreds of phone calls is good, but organizing hundreds of people to be at the same place is better.

Organizing thousands of people to vote the way you want is best.
[close]

i agree. which is why i'm gathering people i've met through activism to join me at a local town hall meeting. we are blessed in that we are in a republican controlled area. time to pop the bubble and try to make a difference. I've never organized anything like this so it will be a first time thing.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 06:21:01 PM »

Barron to head up the Dept of Homeland Security, Cyber Security Division.
©@©™

Boredfrom

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2016, 06:21:18 PM »
Dunno what the hell people mean by normalized, the guy has zero real world convictions outside superficial celebrity status and women. People should worry more about his lackeys like Bannon or being friends with other oportunist dipshits as Farage. 

zepblackstar

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2016, 06:26:58 PM »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2016, 06:27:23 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Wait, Ivanka doesn't already have the highest security clearance, you know the one over even the President that lets you meet Brent Spiner in the desert? This fucking country.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2016, 06:38:20 PM »
Heard ford is moving a plant from Mexico to Ohio, thx Trump

Boredfrom

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2016, 06:38:36 PM »
Obama "Well, at least I dont need to pretend to like Hillary Clinton anymore."

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2016, 06:45:31 PM »
good luck Amerikkkan brehs
bent

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 06:49:21 PM »
Don't worry, Grandpa Henry Westphalia has some words to warmly reassure everyone :

"Nonstate groups may make the assessment that Trump will react to a terror attack in a way that suits their purposes."

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/12/the-lessons-of-henry-kissinger/505868/

He's probably right that most other countries will wait and see until the first major crisis will reveal how exactly a Trump administration will respond.
ὕβρις

zepblackstar

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 06:55:20 PM »
Candidates for positions

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/politics/donald-trump-administration.html?_r=0

Homeland Security Secretary

Joe Arpaio Departing sheriff of Maricopa County, Ariz.  :o :o :o :o

David A. Clarke Jr. Milwaukee County sheriff

Rudolph W. Giuliani Former New York mayor

Michael McCaul Representative from Texas and chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee

Jeff Sessions Senator from Alabama who is a prominent immigration opponent

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2016, 06:56:08 PM »

Researched this, turns out to be an old story that people are contributing to Trump for no real good reason

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2016, 06:56:15 PM »
For Brits or VPN-havers, Frankie Boyle's post-election special went live earlier:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b083s663/frankie-boyles-american-autopsy

Best crowd-pleasing joke from Frankie: "Hillary Clinton is against female genital mutilation. Unless it is administered by an american drone."

:dead
地平線

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2016, 06:56:38 PM »
Arpaio needs to fuck right off

benjipwns

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2016, 07:53:26 PM »
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-los-angeles-police-immigration-20161114-story.html

this is literal treason

how dare state and local governments refuse to do as the President orders, it's unprecedented!

LOCK THEM UP LOCK THEM UP LOCK THEM UP LOCK THEM UP

zepblackstar

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2016, 07:56:40 PM »
he will cut off federal funds and when they fight back about it, make them look like the evil safe haven guys.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2016, 08:27:08 PM »
No plans to change policy... so they're gonna keep up all the private detention centers and deporting from under Obummer

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2016, 08:33:06 PM »
For Brits or VPN-havers, Frankie Boyle's post-election special went live earlier:

Best crowd-pleasing joke from Frankie: "Hillary Clinton is against female genital mutilation. Unless it is administered by an american drone."

it's been a week and i'm already burned out on trump jokes.

think this is the problem when the source material is innately infinitely more hilarious than any possible joke you can make about it. pissed myself through his 60 minutes interview, but got fuck all from this aside from a couple of trademark boyle child mangling clusterbombs.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 08:45:49 PM by headwalk »

Syph

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2016, 08:55:45 PM »
 :american :american :american
XO

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2016, 09:01:59 PM »

that started back in 2015, under b. barry bamz
duc

benjipwns

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2016, 09:02:39 PM »
forgot to post this ad i heard before the election:

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2016, 09:05:31 PM »

that started back in 2015, under b. barry bamz

cuz they heard Trump was running for president and got scared
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2016, 09:30:49 PM »

'Gonna bury a time capsule and put a pressure sensitive landmine in it.  Try rebuilding the future with no legs.  '

zepblackstar

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2016, 09:41:53 PM »
When did Trump and Modi have a thing before he became President?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/PM-Narendra-Modi-feels-Donald-Trump-will-be-well-inclined-towards-India/articleshow/55424191.cms?from=mdr

Asked how he intends to establish a rapport with Trump, the PM said he had good relations with the leader without elaborating further. He said there was no reason to apprehend any dramatic change in bilateral relations.

The discussion is understood to have turned to how Democrats and Republicans have dealt with India and the PM, who established a close working relationship with US President Barack Obama, is understood to have remarked that Republicans, on the whole, have been friendlier to India.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2016, 10:28:54 PM »
Probably loaned Trump some money.
dog

benjipwns

etiolate

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2016, 11:29:25 PM »
THE REVOLUTION WILL USE GAME OF THRONES REFERENCES

zepblackstar

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2016, 12:38:05 AM »
I looked up the attacker’s voter registration and he’s unaffiliated. Third party ruins America once again.

benjipwns

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2016, 12:44:46 AM »
after posting this I checked and I see drinky posted this in the old thread so I hope nobody minds:
http://www.newsweek.com/myths-cost-democrats-presidential-election-521044
On Friday, I almost assaulted a fan of my work. I was in the Philadelphia International Airport, and a man who recognized me from one of my appearances on a television news show approached. He thanked me for the investigative reporting I had done about Donald Trump before the election, expressed his outrage that the Republican nominee had won and then told me quite gruffly, “Get back to work.”  Something about his arrogance struck me, so I asked, “Who did you vote for?”

He replied, “Well, Stein, but—” I interrupted him and said, “You’re lucky it’s illegal for me to punch you in the face.” Then, after telling him to have sex with himself—but with a much cruder term—I turned and walked away.

A certain kind of liberal makes me sick. These people traffic in false equivalencies, always pretending that both nominees are the same, justifying their apathy and not voting or preening about their narcissistic purity as they cast their ballot for a person they know cannot win. I have no problem with anyone who voted for Trump, because they wanted a Trump presidency. I have an enormous problem with anyone who voted for Trump or Stein or Johnson—or who didn’t vote at all—and who now expresses horror about the outcome of this election.  If you don’t like the consequences of your own actions, shut the hell up.
Easily the most ridiculous argument this year was that the DNC was some sort of monolith that orchestrated the nomination of Hillary Clinton against the will of “the people.” This was immensely popular with the Bernie-or-Busters, those who declared themselves unwilling to vote for Clinton under any circumstances because the Democratic primary had been rigged (and how many of these people laughed when Trump started moaning about election rigging?). The notion that the fix was in was stupid, as were the people who believed it.

Start with this: The DNC, just like the Republican National Committee, is an impotent organization with very little power. It is composed of the chair and vice chair of the Democratic parties of each state, along with over 200 members elected by Democrats. What it does is fundraise, organize the Democratic National Convention and put together the party platform. It handles some organizational activity but tries to hold down its expenditures during the primaries; it has no authority to coordinate spending with any candidate until the party’s nominee is selected. This was why then-President Richard Nixon reacted with incredulity when he heard that some of his people had ordered a break-in at the DNC offices at the Watergate; he couldn’t figure out what information anyone would want out of such a toothless organization.
I have seen the opposition book assembled by Republicans for Sanders, and it was brutal. The Republicans would have torn him apart. And while Sanders supporters might delude themselves into believing that they could have defended him against all of this, there is a name for politicians who play defense all the time: losers.

Here are a few tastes of what was in store for Sanders, straight out of the Republican playbook: He thinks rape is A-OK. In 1972, when he was 31, Sanders wrote a fictitious essay in which he described a woman enjoying being raped by three men. Yes, there is an explanation for it—a long, complicated one, just like the one that would make clear why the Clinton emails story was nonsense. And we all know how well that worked out.

Then there’s the fact that Sanders was on unemployment until his mid-30s, and that he stole electricity from a neighbor after failing to pay his bills, and that he co-sponsored a bill to ship Vermont’s nuclear waste to a poor Hispanic community in Texas, where it could be dumped.
Worst of all, the Republicans also had video of Sanders at a 1985 rally thrown by the leftist Sandinista government in Nicaragua where half a million people chanted, “Here, there, everywhere/the Yankee will die,’’ while President Daniel Ortega condemned “state terrorism” by America. Sanders said, on camera, supporting the Sandinistas was “patriotic.”

The Republicans had at least four other damning Sanders videos (I don’t know what they showed), and the opposition research folder was almost 2-feet thick.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2016, 12:56:56 AM »
For all the rancor of the hardcore Hillary and Bernie supporters, it's actually pretty remarkable how soft the actual campaigns were on each other.  Neither of them ran a single negative ad, IIRC.

benjipwns

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2016, 01:08:49 AM »
Part of that was that the Super PAC's handled that. Correct The Record was putting out stuff for example.

Some Correct The Record ones:

I thought the Hillary campaign blundered severely when they changed this strategy in the last two months and flooded the airwaves with their own anti-Trump ads. Lots of them never even mentioned her except for the required tagline. I thought the positive ads she was running earlier were much better since Trump was already getting battered.

The Hillary campaign did do this weird thing though during the primaries:  :lol
https://www.buzzfeed.com/evanmcsan/clinton-uses-presidents-day-to-accuse-sanders-of-disloyalty

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2016, 01:10:30 AM »
They both did though, just didn’t mention each other by name.

benjipwns

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2016, 01:10:38 AM »
lol, from 2006

benjipwns

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2016, 05:32:07 AM »
A title read on Le Figaro (the oldest and main title of the French conservative press) :

Ivanka Trump, la «vraie» future premičre dame des États-Unis - Ivanka Trump, the next "real" US first lady

Cheeky.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2016, 06:43:18 AM »
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/14/politics/white-nationalists-on-bannon/index.html

"You have an individual, Mr. Bannon, who's basically creating the ideological aspects of where we're going," added [David] Duke. (...)

Chairman of the American Nazi Party, Rocky J. Suhayda, who wrote a post after Trump's election night victory celebrating it as a call to action, said he was surprised at the pick of Bannon, but said it showed him Trump could follow through on his campaign promises.

"I must admit that I was a wee bit surprised that Mr. Trump finally chose Mr. Bannon, I thought that his stable of Washington insiders would have objected too vociferously," Suhayda wrote in an email. "Perhaps The Donald IS for 'REAL' and is not going to be another controlled puppet directed by the usual 'Wire Pullers,' and does indeed intend to ROCK the BOAT? Time will tell."

Bu... bu... we didn't know !

Apparently, white secessionists in South Africa are also very pleased with his election.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 07:14:03 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2016, 06:52:57 AM »
What a weird article from 2005:
Two weeks before Election Day, she enjoyed a comfortable lead, polling eight points ahead of opponent Rick Lazio.

And that's when Lazio decided to take matters into his hands and make the race about Clinton whether she liked it or not. His campaign put together a commercial intended to target her biggest vulnerability: white suburban women. All throughout the campaign, this demographic had been the most skeptical; in focus groups, even women who liked Clinton said she reminded them of an unpleasant woman in their lives--a mother-in-law or a stern Catholic nun or a judgmental neighbor. The ad sought to remind them that, deep down, they didn't really like Hillary Clinton, that they thought she was too ambitious. On the screen, a woman making dinner in a kitchen talked on a phone, her tone angry: "We started out at the bottom and worked our tushes off to get somewhere. No, but Hillary, she wants to start at the top, you know, the senator from New York."

The ad was the most personal of the race, and it worked. Within days, Clinton's lead had shrunk to three points, within the margin of error. Although she recovered to win the Senate seat with 55 percent of the vote, Clinton's advantage among women was only half that of Al Gore's, who won New York's female vote by a margin of 65 to 31.
Only 7 percent of respondents aren't sure what they think of her, and--not surprisingly--no one says they haven't heard of her.
And nearly 40 percent say they would never consider voting for her.
They know that 40 percent of the country can't stand Sen. Clinton, another 40 percent adores her, and the remaining 20 percent (which, according to those recent polls, seem to feel generally positive about her) is made up of fairly soft support. The best way to turn that support into opposition is to voice those age-old questions about the Clintons: She's inappropriately power-hungry and ambitious--remember that Tammy Wynette crack? He lacks moral character--do you really want him roaming the White House again? And don't forget health care--who elected her to that post anyway?

Another golden oldie--the charge that the Clintons will say anything to get ahead--is already being revived elliptically by conservatives. The day after Sen. Clinton's news-making abortion speech this past January, conservatives were all over the media, charging that she was undergoing a "makeover" of her political image. "I think what we're seeing is, at least rhetorically, the attempt Of the ultimate makeover," Gary Bauer told The Washington Times. Investors Business Daily editorialized: "When husband Bill did it, it was called triangulation.... Now another Clinton running for president is telling different audiences what they want to hear." In the six months since, the "makeover" charge has been repeated more than 100 times in the press. Give them another six, and "makeover" will be the new "flip-flop."

The target audience for these whispers and insinuations--and, let's not be naive, occasional television commercials--is a familiar demographic: suburban women. Democrats lost ground in the 2004 elections among white, married, working women, and it's generally accepted that to win back the White House, the party needs a nominee who can appeal to these women. There's no reason to think that Republicans wouldn't revive the same kind of personal attacks that Lazio brought out in the last week of the 2000 campaign. In that race, the Hillary effect that resulted in the loss of suburban women was masked by gains among upstate men. She'll have a much harder time winning their counterparts in those essential swing states, which makes it even more important that she be able to count on the women vote. If the Republican strategy in 2008 results in the same outcome as 2000--if, in other words, Clinton's advantage among women was half that of Gore's--the margin of victory in states like Iowa, Minnesota, New Mexico, and Wisconsin will disappear. Game, set, match.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2016, 11:44:56 AM »

I'm eager to find out which Trump-spawn is the screw up. Every family has one and you can't hide them in the White House.

zepblackstar

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2016, 12:19:47 PM »

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2016, 12:20:02 PM »
Hillary Clinton Is More Than a President. She is an idea, a world-historical heroine, light itself

Hillary Clinton did everything right in this campaign, and she won more votes than her opponent did. She won. She cannot be faulted, criticized, or analyzed for even one more second. Instead, she will be decorated as an epochal heroine far too extraordinary to be contained by the mere White House. Let that revolting president-elect be Millard Fillmore or Herbert Hoover or whatever. Hillary is Athena.

i don't think it's satire
[close]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 01:05:30 PM by headwalk »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2016, 01:04:26 PM »
Hillary Clinton did everything right in this campaign

:comeon
dog

Himu

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2016, 01:10:30 PM »
Hillary Clinton Is More Than a President. She is an idea, a world-historical heroine, light itself

Hillary Clinton did everything right in this campaign, and she won more votes than her opponent did. She won. She cannot be faulted, criticized, or analyzed for even one more second. Instead, she will be decorated as an epochal heroine far too extraordinary to be contained by the mere White House. Let that revolting president-elect be Millard Fillmore or Herbert Hoover or whatever. Hillary is Athena.

[close]

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/why-hillary-clinton-lost/507704/
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2016, 01:14:52 PM »

I'm eager to find out which Trump-spawn is the screw up. Every family has one and you can't hide them in the White House.

It's probably Trump Jr.
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2016, 01:27:32 PM »
Not to drag down the GAF thread, as a tangent to the discussion regarding Trump foreign policy and comparison to Interwar Europe :

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2016/11/trump-election-foreign-policy/505934/

Interesting to see he has been fairly consistent on some points...
ὕβρις

Boredfrom

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2016, 02:03:47 PM »

[close]

With supporters like her, how could she lose?

agrajag

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2016, 03:15:24 PM »

Ivanka's gonna be a freak :rejoice

If there aren't any juicy rumors about her Paris Hilton-esque escapades by now, I wouldn't hold my breath for her getting all turned out now.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2016, 03:22:35 PM »
*wave of hate crimes sweeps nation, Trump appoints a neonazi to his cabinet*
"Guys, it's really important that we don't paint trump supporters as racists and try to understand them. Gotta hear both sides!"

Himu

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2016, 03:37:23 PM »
link dufus
IYKYK