Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5443816 times)

Nola

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Tillerson Annihilated
« Reply #15900 on: March 16, 2018, 03:39:28 PM »
Listen, I don't really have any evidence that supports it, but you gotta admit, ever since RuPaul's Drag Race started snatching hearts and dreams, US and global GDP has been positive once again. My company has never had as much work as it does today.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15901 on: March 16, 2018, 03:42:58 PM »
I don’t really see anything inconsistent. The same people that say Trump doesn’t deserve credit for the economy also say that that Obama’s didn’t deserve credit for how shitty the economy was for most or almost all of his first term.
I never really understood the admiration for Obama in his first term. I mean, he fucked up by letting the bankers go without punishment and having as much as a cronies government as his predecessors after running on hope and change.
Hillary Clinton pushing Barack to "liberate" Libya because Sidney Blumenthal told her it would be good for her image takes the cake.

It took until the second term until I felt like he was getting into the job. Telling the GOP to fuck themselves and signing EO's to get things moving.

Also huge credit for John Kerry for keeping the peace as much as he could when Arab warlords and Ukrainian oligarchs wanted NATO to engage with the Russians and Clinton, Bush and all the other candidates were pouring gasoline on the foreign policy dumpster fires. One-upping each other in terms of how fast from the first day in office they'd be on the ground in Syria shooting down Russian Migs. Trump calling them out for warmongering and calling them crazy for starting a war over Syria was really something.

Listen, I don't really have any evidence that supports it, but you gotta admit, ever since RuPaul's Drag Race started snatching hearts and dreams, US and global GDP has been positive once again. My company has never had as much work as it does today.
The fun thing is, and almost every economist will tell you this that the state of the economy has little to do with 'facts'. The economy can be in a dump when people feel it is, or thriving when people think it is.
Which is why when the shit starts floating in the drains it's usually too late to stop it. The Big Short made this point perfectly.
🤴

Nola

« Reply #15902 on: March 16, 2018, 04:40:57 PM »

The fun thing is, and almost every economist will tell you this that the state of the economy has little to do with 'facts'. The economy can be in a dump when people feel it is, or thriving when people think it is.
Which is why when the shit starts floating in the drains it's usually too late to stop it. The Big Short made this point perfectly.
No one will tell you that.

But yes, confidence and how it is manifesting itself is a very important variable in economic health. I don't think that is coming as a surprise to anyone.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #15903 on: March 16, 2018, 04:45:55 PM »
Almost every Bore member will tell you that the quality of a post has little to do with 'facts'.
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15904 on: March 16, 2018, 09:18:11 PM »
https://twitter.com/GideonResnick/status/974777782801707008

Fired while taking a dump. This season of The President just got more crazy!

Will McMaster survive the elimination round? Is John Kelly safe himself? Will the boss finally send his daughter and her husband home after repeated failures?
How will the family handle the divorce of the eldest son? Has Kim called yet to discuss the deal? Will Mueller present his case? Who will be daring and 'bolt(on)' to join the administration?

How will the Bacon Fetish of Trump Jr. Impact the administration.

Tune in next week. Mo - Fri 24/7 on MSNBC, Fox News, CNN and all other networks and social media outlets.
And weekends live from the Mar-a-lago resort in Florida.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:29:17 PM by Nintex »
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #15905 on: March 16, 2018, 10:14:28 PM »
Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe Friday night, following an internal review that concluded McCabe violated Justice Department policies and was not forthcoming with investigators probing FBI actions before the 2016 presidential election.

Sessions said Justice Department officials determined that "McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor − including under oath − on multiple occasions."

"The FBI expects every employee to adhere to the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and accountability," the attorney general said in a statement.

The dismissal days before McCabe was set to retire will significantly reduce the 21-year FBI veteran's pension and delay it for years.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #15906 on: March 16, 2018, 10:15:51 PM »
He was only two days away from retirement and also too old for this shit.
©@©™

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #15907 on: March 16, 2018, 10:26:55 PM »
"Hey guys, I want to get rid of this McCabe dude, but not have any problems with him down the road that we haven't properly foreseen."
"I know, fuck with his pension."

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #15908 on: March 16, 2018, 10:31:24 PM »
oh, that's how they pay for the tax cut
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15909 on: March 16, 2018, 10:49:28 PM »
Rexit!!

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #15910 on: March 17, 2018, 02:01:20 AM »
They're so evil and so so stupid. :doge :trumps
Hi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15911 on: March 17, 2018, 06:46:21 AM »
TRUMP: THE PRESIDENCY
Episode 6 - Season 4 - Fuck the FBI

Trump: "What can we do about this McGabe character, ideas people"
Mnuchin: "We could block his bank account"
Carson: "We could..."
Trump: "Yes Ben?"
Carson: "I'm sorry I fell asleep"
Sessions: "We could have him arrested and torture him at Gitm..."
Kelly: "What are you guys doing?"
Trump: "Shut up Jeff, err nothing John, go check on Mike, we're just having a chat about tomorrows Fox and Friends appearance of Steven here no one is going to Gitmo, believe me"
Kelly: "Gitmo? Ok, don't stay up late guys, big day tomorrow"
Trump: "How about we fire him?"
Mnuchin: "He's retiring, so that won't work"
Hicks: "We can send him a fruit basket if he's retiring"
Trump: "Hope? Pack your things, You're FIRED!"
Sessions: "Retiring eh? Now that's something we can use hehehehehehe"
Trump: "I like the way you're thinking Jeff. Does he get a pension? Let's fuck with that. Let's fuck with his pension. Let's fuck his pensions brain out. How do we do that?"
Mnuchin: "That's really evil Donald. Like pulling someone's income away after he's had a full and successful career and the only job available would be CNN commentator"
Trump: "I know, I came up with that all by myself. Also we should have a Space Force"
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15912 on: March 17, 2018, 10:01:18 AM »
Team Trump is now going after Mueller

https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/975008116805898240

I feel like we're close to the end game.  :rejoice
🤴

kingv

« Reply #15913 on: March 17, 2018, 11:18:05 AM »
I feel like going out of the way to fuck with the lives of the people who worked for you is a great way to get dragged heavily.

McCabe is probably thinking about all of the things Trumpand Sessions  did that are newsworthy

kingv

« Reply #15914 on: March 17, 2018, 11:49:24 AM »
Also interesting was Felix Sater confirming that Trump was doing business with a sanctioned Russian Bank during the campaign.... isn’t that... a crime?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #15915 on: March 17, 2018, 12:03:20 PM »
I bet when Comey held his Butter Emails press conference, he wasn’t picturing the entire FBI brass getting fired within the next two years by Trump.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15916 on: March 17, 2018, 12:15:33 PM »
Deep state begins Twitter war with Donald Trump

https://twitter.com/JohnBrennan/status/974978856997224448

:neogaf

The CIA went from shipping surface to air missiles to Mujaheddin in Afghanistan to bring down the Soviet Union to sending angry tweets to Trump. 
:dead
🤴

Nola

« Reply #15917 on: March 17, 2018, 12:43:47 PM »
Also interesting was Felix Sater confirming that Trump was doing business with a sanctioned Russian Bank during the campaign.... isn’t that... a crime?

Between that and Azerbaijan it is hard to imagine Trump escaping his presidency without some major criminal action coming to light about his business activity. And maybe arguably it already has?

It really seems like the guys shtick was that he would seek out corrupt partners, look the other way, and act complicit with his licensing and developments overseas, where other developers would be wise enough not to play so close to the sun.

agrajag

« Reply #15918 on: March 17, 2018, 12:47:57 PM »
I mean, he's not in the CIA anymore and he is employed by the Resistance MSNBC

Nola

« Reply #15919 on: March 17, 2018, 12:53:13 PM »
Also am I understanding this right, McCabe is getting fired according to the DOJ because he allowed agents to speak to the media about the investigation into the Clinton Foundation? Which contributed to the negative press around her in the closing period of the campaign.

So we’re basically right back to the Comey strategy of thinly attempting to fire a person for obvious political and self-serving reasons and pretending that we give a shit about how Hillary was treated by the FBI.

agrajag

« Reply #15920 on: March 17, 2018, 01:10:41 PM »
Good guys Trump and Sessions punished McCabe for not being fair to Hillary

kingv

« Reply #15921 on: March 17, 2018, 01:24:40 PM »
Also am I understanding this right, McCabe is getting fired according to the DOJ because he allowed agents to speak to the media about the investigation into the Clinton Foundation? Which contributed to the negative press around her in the closing period of the campaign.

So we’re basically right back to the Comey strategy of thinly attempting to fire a person for obvious political and self-serving reasons and pretending that we give a shit about how Hillary was treated by the FBI.

Like suing stormy Daniels, this is fully distinguished mentally-challenged , and will involve a lot of embarrassing? Possibly illegal, shit coming to light in discovery during the lawsuit. Pure unfiltered communications between Trump and sessions, probably including calling in Sessions, Kelly, and bunch of other people to testify will make this full fuckery.

The stormy thing is maybe even dumber, because he basically just admitted he lied by suing her. And again, he can be forced to testify. My guess is Donald just drops the shot.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #15923 on: March 17, 2018, 03:04:31 PM »
I’m starting to think there’s a plot to embarass Americans out of participating politically

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15924 on: March 17, 2018, 03:40:24 PM »
Can't embarrass a population into political apathy when they can't feel shame and don't give a shit anyway :rollsafe

warcock

« Reply #15925 on: March 17, 2018, 04:11:40 PM »

No one will tell you that.

But yes, confidence and how it is manifesting itself is a very important variable in economic health. I don't think that is coming as a surprise to anyone.

I don't know who you haven't been reading but...

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #15926 on: March 17, 2018, 04:51:34 PM »
Mueller is gonna be fired by May.
püp

sinxtanx

« Reply #15927 on: March 17, 2018, 06:50:23 PM »
Why would Mueller be fired by May? That shit don't fall under British jurisdiction. :gurl

*clears throat*

« Reply #15928 on: March 17, 2018, 07:37:27 PM »
Why would Mueller be fired by May? That shit don't fall under British jurisdiction. :gurl

She has to send some type of message to Putin.  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15929 on: March 17, 2018, 08:41:42 PM »
https://twitter.com/Comey/status/975065073575219200

lol
How...

How do they keep stepping into the Trump WWE ring.
Why do they all make the same mistake.
Do they still not understand?

:doge
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

« Reply #15931 on: March 17, 2018, 09:04:44 PM »
First time he's used Mueller by name.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Nola

« Reply #15933 on: March 17, 2018, 11:00:36 PM »

lol
How...

What mistakes are “they” making?

Comey is going to sell a fuck ton of books and that tweet is probably going to end up being the easiest ROI of any pre-interview circuit blitz.

Nola

« Reply #15934 on: March 17, 2018, 11:46:38 PM »
Also, this probably has some influence on why Trump is crying on the internet again.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/975180037359095808

curly

• cultural maoist

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15936 on: March 18, 2018, 07:07:21 AM »

lol
How...

What mistakes are “they” making?

Comey is going to sell a fuck ton of books and that tweet is probably going to end up being the easiest ROI of any pre-interview circuit blitz.
The mistake is that they're going to Twitter to 'fight' him. Now Fox and Friends can air a show on Monday saying how unprofessional it is for law enforcement or government officials to trash a President on Twitter.
Next up CNN will do a Comey interview for his book and a very serious thing turns into a shit flinging contest on TV.

Trump thrives on chaos. He wants the Mueller investigation to turn into a subplot of his show so it loses credibility and he has almost succeeded in doing that.
As soon as former CIA directors and such sign-up to Twitter just to send him an angry tweet he is close to turning this thing into an:
"Us (hard working people)" vs. "Them (D.C. Swamp and fake news)"

If Comey's goal is to sell books, that's a good strategy. If his goal is to get rid of Trump, not so much.
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #15937 on: March 18, 2018, 07:36:25 AM »

*clears throat*

(Image removed from quote.)

Damn, look at the size of Wakanda.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Trurl

« Reply #15939 on: March 18, 2018, 11:38:48 AM »
 :phil

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15940 on: March 18, 2018, 11:44:47 AM »
I really don't get how anyone can get behind this dude. Imagine thinking it's worth sacrificing the dignity it takes to pretend he's not borderline distinguished mentally-challenged because you wanna stay in his corner cuz he's openly racist or whatever

Pwnz

« Reply #15941 on: March 18, 2018, 12:11:49 PM »
Trump went on emergency golfing today per suggestion of his aids. Everyone should have aids.
 :jared

Nola

« Reply #15942 on: March 18, 2018, 12:14:54 PM »

The mistake is that they're going to Twitter to 'fight' him. Now Fox and Friends can air a show on Monday saying how unprofessional it is for law enforcement or government officials to trash a President on Twitter.
Next up CNN will do a Comey interview for his book and a very serious thing turns into a shit flinging contest on TV.

Trump thrives on chaos. He wants the Mueller investigation to turn into a subplot of his show so it loses credibility and he has almost succeeded in doing that.
As soon as former CIA directors and such sign-up to Twitter just to send him an angry tweet he is close to turning this thing into an:
"Us (hard working people)" vs. "Them (D.C. Swamp and fake news)"

If Comey's goal is to sell books, that's a good strategy. If his goal is to get rid of Trump, not so much.
If you tune in anxiously to see what Fox and Friends has to say, you likely already view Comey as a deep state swamp devil that is trying to undermine the god emperor’s agenda. Comey’s silence or occasional tweet isn’t changing that impression.

And two people that aren’t even employed by the government anymore making one off statements on Twitter is not exactly what I would constitute a factional fight.

Trump is going to rise or fall on the evidence of Mueller's investigation. Recent polls have the American people, by a decent margin, putting more faith in Mueller’s integrity than Trump’s when it comes to matters surrounding Russia. So it’s hard to see how you are saying Trump is on the cusp of some grand PR victory against the Mueller investigation? Fox News, Trump, and natural human tribalism get credit for muddying the waters as much as they have, mostly because it was always going to be so because so much of the country is willfully captured by their nonsense, but I think its a bit of a stretch to think a Comey and Brennan tweet is some sort of needle mover in Trump’s direction.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 12:19:37 PM by Nola »

Boredfrom

« Reply #15943 on: March 18, 2018, 03:01:06 PM »
pretend he's not borderline distinguished mentally-challenged because you wanna stay in his corner cuz he's openly racist or whatever

not 'or whatever'

that's basically all there is to it

think about it

why the fuck would steel workers or coal miners or whoever think donald trump, a billionaire playboy from fucking new york born with a silver spoon in his mouth, is on their side?

they think 'he's one of us' because he shares their racism

Eh, because they work in soon to be dead industries and a millionaire that promotes himself as accomplishing  “the American Dream”  is promising their jobs back while being “honest” by being a perpetual jackass.

Racism plays a role in Trump base, but is not sole reason.

bluemax

« Reply #15944 on: March 18, 2018, 04:14:34 PM »
Surprised you guys aren't talking about this yet:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/mar/17/cambridge-analytica-facebook-influence-us-election

Robert Mercer still controls the world.
NO

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #15945 on: March 18, 2018, 05:16:11 PM »
pretend he's not borderline distinguished mentally-challenged because you wanna stay in his corner cuz he's openly racist or whatever

not 'or whatever'

think about it

why the fuck would steel workers or coal miners or whoever think donald trump, a billionaire playboy from fucking new york born with a silver spoon in his mouth, is on their side?

Eh, because they work in soon to be dead industries and a millionaire that promotes himself as accomplishing  “the American Dream”  is promising their jobs back while being “honest” by being a perpetual jackass.

Racism plays a role in Trump base, but is not sole reason.

I mean I think it’s the number 1 reason, for sure.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15946 on: March 18, 2018, 06:46:05 PM »
What do working class people do to entertain themselves?
They watch TV.

And what was on right when they lost their jobs and houses?

And who did the news channels call to get comments on the most important events?
The same person that had the massive iron balls to pick a fight with the President of the United States.

And who was like both candidate, favorite interview guest and meta commentary at the same time because ratings would just explode if he started rambling

And who was most happy that Trump won the nomination and pushed for him, Carson and or other occupants of the insane asylum to win over say Rubio, Kasich or Jeb Bush?
Just so she could not only win but turn Texas blue.

And how did it end?

The most crazy thing.

Trump is attacking the media (CNN/MSNBC/NYT/WAPO/SNL) that made him win. The #resistance has not dragged these people but instead considers them their heroes.
Like Morning Joe, who called with Trump every morning if he wasn't on the phone with CNN.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 06:54:01 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Nola

« Reply #15947 on: March 18, 2018, 06:52:16 PM »
Personally, I keep hearing about all these economically anxious, non-racist Trump voters, but I got to say, as someone in the heart of Trump country, with family, friends and colleagues that are mostly life long Republicans, I'm still trying to find one.

They seem to be really fucking elusive.

I've been promised they are around, all the care pieces from well meaning liberals that promise they have spoken to many of them, but it seems like all the ones I come across eventually end up telling me when the coast is clear, some variation or combination of how sick and tired they are of the disrespectful blacks that just lounge on welfare, that crime is intrinsically a characteristic of Democrat loving blacks/Mexicans, the minorities at their job are always lazy, the illegals are ruining their communities, and/or how the terrorist sympathizing Muslims are all just incompatible with America and need to go.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15948 on: March 18, 2018, 07:47:39 PM »
Nintex's trolling in this thread is even worse than benji's. So...congratulations, I guess.
dog

agrajag

« Reply #15949 on: March 18, 2018, 07:51:09 PM »
Nintex's trolling in this thread is even worse than benji's. So...congratulations, I guess.

He's a poverty benji

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #15950 on: March 18, 2018, 07:54:15 PM »
The comparison is an insult to Benji.

kingv

« Reply #15951 on: March 18, 2018, 09:23:19 PM »

I don’t understand how he knows so much about American TV and is like Dutch or something. Shouldn’t he be watching bbc or something?

Tasty

« Reply #15952 on: March 18, 2018, 09:46:09 PM »
Shouldn’t he be watching bbc or something?

Shouldn't we all? :phil

kingv

« Reply #15953 on: March 18, 2018, 09:58:05 PM »
I would also point out that he posts during normal waking hours for America... and is there enough bandwidth to the Netherlands for someone to post threads with pics?!

Perhaps he is the same American that is Guccifer 2.0

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #15954 on: March 19, 2018, 12:04:39 AM »

not 'or whatever'

think about it

Because he told Coal Miners "I'm bringing your jobs back" and they bought it. Were there racist elements in his base? Yes, very. But Economic/Jobs in dying towns were a huge issue with the voting block that got him the win and Hillary said Jack(Remington)-shit about "saving their jobs."

Just for you and Jack (who is fucking clueless about the American voting base's choices, given the fact that Bush fucking won twice) because I love you <3:

You can pretty much replace this rant with "one side is in dying towns with no replacement jobs. The other is in 'ivory tower'/liberal towns that don't think the heart-land exists (despite them making your food, making your cars before outsourcing, giving you electricty, etc.). You vote for the ivory tower. They vote to try to keep their heads above water. That's voting. You're welcome (Jack, you dense motherfucker)."

And before Jack comes in with "B-B-B-BUT RACISM AND MISORGY!" I don't doubt there were elements in Trumps base that have those. BUT besides the fact that Trump knocked out a bunch of "establishment" canidates by running a literal circus, he told his "base"/true believers "don't worry, it's 'kay. I got your backs. Coals coming back in a big way!" and they bought it.

Why the hell do you think Sanders was popular with the Democratic side that bought his economic stump speech?" Because they (and Jack being naive and not thinking it's a huge fucking issue) knew economics/jobs was an issue.

Himu

« Reply #15955 on: March 19, 2018, 12:04:54 AM »
LA Times op-ed correctly pinpoints mass immigration, specifically illegal immigration, as a threat to black Americans.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-seminara-trump-immigration-reform-african-americans-20180316-story.html

Aside: Hopefully Rand Paul and the folks in the senate do their jobs and filibuster Trump’s cabinet replacement picks. Torture has no place in American intelligence.

Read this a few hours ago too.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/exit-left/476190/?utm_source=fbb

Looking forward to voting for Crenshaw in the runoff. He looks so rad with his eyepatch. Pro-life, secure borders, anti-sanctuary state, pro-gun. Ticks all the boxes.

In other news I’m currently glued to the Illinois special election. I really want to know what’s going to happen as it'll probably be a good indicator of Democratic future elections. Hoping the moderate Democrat, Lipinski, wins in Illinois on Tuesday. But given Illinois Democrats trying to put him in his place and contest because “he doesn’t fit the district” he might be in trouble. Good on him for being anti-abortion and sticking to his guns. He’s got balls. Lamb should be a blueprint for the democrats going forward but they’ll struggle with the in-fighting between moderate dems and progressives. What they need to win are blue dogs like Lamb. It’s great that they acknowledged that but I doubt their ability to pursue that kind of campaigning going forward because Lamb was all about independence and didn’t toe the national democratic line. So right now in Illinois there’s two democratic narratives: “we need more support for moderate candidates to fight Trump” versus “progressivism is the future of the party.” Either way, the story will be interesting to see unfold. Good political theatre. What are they willing to sell? Their values or the midterms?
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15956 on: March 19, 2018, 12:07:25 AM »
 :lol :lol :lol

Himu

« Reply #15957 on: March 19, 2018, 12:11:04 AM »
Must admit that seeing the progressive vs centrist Democrat fight rn is pretty entertaining especially the recent Senate vote in loosening bank rules. You’ve got Elizabeth Warren reeee-ing about it despite it reportedly giving only small banks a boost. The in-fighting is pretty funny and popcorn worthy.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #15958 on: March 19, 2018, 12:14:57 AM »
LA Times op-ed correctly pinpoints mass immigration, specifically illegal immigration, as a threat to black Americans.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-seminara-trump-immigration-reform-african-americans-20180316-story.html

Aside: Hopefully Rand Paul and the folks in the senate do their jobs and filibuster Trump’s cabinet replacement picks. Torture has no place in American intelligence.

I'll read that second one sometime in a little bit if I got time before bed. But this is interesting.

In 2016, the Obama White House produced a 48-page report acknowledging that immigration does not help the labor force participation rate of the native-born.

That's interesting. If Obama agrees that "dem illegals are takin' muh jobs," maybe there's something there ( :drudge :drudge :drudge @ Jack) about how Trump won? :thinking Nah, can't be. Gotta be racists and misogynists! T. Jack fucking clueless Remington.

Edit: Yeah. That's a completely rock solid article, Himu. I didn't know that immigration was hitting Black Employees the hardest or causing school drop-outs. I'm wondering if going into black communities a la this program/study that went to Black Barbershops to test Black Mens blood-pressure and help them with their health if it was high would help with that. Bring in industries willing to go to those (possibly high-crime for the time, which is a city/police/etc. managing issue more than the businesses) places to help them out and improve the community.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 12:19:53 AM by thisismyusername »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15959 on: March 19, 2018, 12:19:24 AM »

Read this a few hours ago too.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/exit-left/476190/?utm_source=fbb

Looking forward to voting for Crenshaw in the runoff. He looks so rad with his eyepatch. Pro-life, secure borders, anti-sanctuary state, pro-gun. Ticks all the boxes.

In other news I’m currently glued to the Illinois special election. I really want to know what’s going to happen as it'll probably be a good indicator of Democratic future elections. Hoping the moderate Democrat, Lipinski, wins in Illinois on Tuesday. But given Illinois Democrats trying to put him in his place and contest because “he doesn’t fit the district” he might be in trouble. Good on him for being anti-abortion and sticking to his guns. He’s got balls. Lamb should be a blueprint for the democrats going forward but they’ll struggle with the in-fighting between moderate dems and progressives. What they need to win are blue dogs like Lamb. It’s great that they acknowledged that but I doubt their ability to pursue that kind of campaigning going forward because Lamb was all about independence and didn’t toe the national democratic line. So right now in Illinois there’s two democratic narratives: “we need more support for moderate candidates to fight Trump” versus “progressivism is the future of the party.” Either way, the story will be interesting to see unfold. Good political theatre. What are they willing to sell? Their values or the midterms?

Have you beat Witcher 3 yet?
dog