Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5389394 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| America: A Yum! Brands affiliate
« Reply #32820 on: March 14, 2019, 09:05:26 PM »

:thinking
©@©™

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #32821 on: March 14, 2019, 09:06:28 PM »
"Nobody who loses to Ted Cruz could win the presidency!"

Is nintex-brain spreading? C'mon guys.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #32822 on: March 14, 2019, 09:07:14 PM »
took me way too long to find the AOC to figure out who the person in the middle was smh

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #32824 on: March 14, 2019, 09:45:17 PM »

SEN. LINDSEY GRAHAM: There's two questions I think the public deserves an answer to. Did they short-circuit the Clinton e-mail investigation because they wanted her to win? They knew if they charged her she might lose. Did they start the Russian investigation against Trump as an insurance policy in case he did win?

Those are the two questions that I'll try to get you answers to...

GRAHAM: We need a special counsel to look at the potential crimes by the Department of Justice -- the FBI -- regarding the Clinton e-mail investigation and the Russian investigation against Trump early on.

The point is the Congress, me, not going to the House, we're going to call them all before the committee. Did they try to invoke the 25th Amendment to take the president down? Did they get a warrant against an American citizen (Carter Page) using information they know was flawed? Did they tank the Clinton e-mail investigation because they were afraid if they indicted her she would lose an election they wanted her to win? You're going to get answers to that, the best I can give them to you.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #32825 on: March 14, 2019, 10:22:22 PM »

you know who didn't lose to ted cruz?

:trumps :bow trump the master :bow2 :trumps

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #32826 on: March 14, 2019, 10:27:36 PM »
Trump got housed by Cruz in Texas.

shosta

每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #32828 on: March 14, 2019, 10:48:53 PM »
did it go in his shirt??

shosta

« Reply #32829 on: March 14, 2019, 10:51:52 PM »
watch again, it's on his chin
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #32830 on: March 15, 2019, 12:01:58 AM »
I only hate him purely because Robert Francis goes by his parents nickname of him as an infant.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32831 on: March 15, 2019, 12:09:58 AM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/leo-varadkar-brought-partner-matthew-barrett-to-meet-pence-2019-3

The Irish prime minister brought his boyfriend to meet Vice President Mike Pence

:smug

benjipwns

« Reply #32832 on: March 15, 2019, 12:15:04 AM »
Pence took his sister?

kingv

« Reply #32833 on: March 15, 2019, 12:17:36 AM »
I love how quickly the media shifted one Beto.

6 months ago the media was like “OMG, he’s so inspiring, he should run for President. He’s a Mexican Obama, andbits a tragedy that they won’t let him join the Latinx Congressional Caucus!”

Now they’re like “What the fuck is this pretending to skateboard ass, peckerwood ass, lose to Ted Cruz ass motherfucker doing trying to run for President?”

He really shouldn’t be running. Like maybe he could beat Trump, but honestly, his early campaign seems like sort of a joke to me. Really manufactured.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

benjipwns

« Reply #32835 on: March 15, 2019, 01:20:23 AM »
is his campaign actually a front for his fetish of standing on countertops in front of people? :thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #32836 on: March 15, 2019, 01:47:40 AM »
We'll know the truth when this happens: "Beto O'Rourke requests that debate participants be allowed to stand on a countertop."

Occam

« Reply #32837 on: March 15, 2019, 02:34:20 AM »
Beto is an idiot for running in 2020. I didn't think he'd actually do it but here we are.

benjipwns

« Reply #32838 on: March 15, 2019, 02:45:38 AM »
There's no guarantee he'll ever be more popular than he is currently.

If he ran solely for the Senate and lost, he has to hope Trump wins, because what's a WHITE guy 12 years out of the only significant office he's ever been in going to look like in 2028 when a bunch of other Democrats all got their own boosts in the years since? Especially with Sandy all but guaranteed for two terms in the White House, and probably even a repeal of the 22nd Amendment.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32839 on: March 15, 2019, 04:29:42 AM »

You know as well as we do marrec that only a dragon can defeat a lion.

Bar sparrow has no chance
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #32840 on: March 15, 2019, 06:59:36 AM »
pence looks thirsty as fuck.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #32842 on: March 15, 2019, 09:21:20 AM »
It's nice that hannity is letting his siblings on his show.
©ZH

Occam

« Reply #32843 on: March 15, 2019, 09:54:49 AM »
There's no guarantee he'll ever be more popular than he is currently.

If he ran solely for the Senate and lost, he has to hope Trump wins, because what's a WHITE guy 12 years out of the only significant office he's ever been in going to look like in 2028 when a bunch of other Democrats all got their own boosts in the years since? Especially with Sandy all but guaranteed for two terms in the White House, and probably even a repeal of the 22nd Amendment.

Yeah, I guess you are right, so he is probably screwed either way.
On a related note, after watching some recent videos of his, I can't say I'm a fan.

kingv

« Reply #32844 on: March 15, 2019, 10:31:07 AM »
He is a more equivocating Hillary, which is somewhat remarkable,

Beto actually reminds me of a “fellow kids” version of Howard Schultz.

shosta

« Reply #32845 on: March 15, 2019, 01:04:12 PM »
Yang made it to WaPo.  :jawalrus

Said he's thinking of coming out and supporting ranked voting :preach
每天生气

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #32846 on: March 15, 2019, 01:20:23 PM »
"I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump — I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad,” Trump said.

:neogaf

Only took about 24 hours for this comment not to age well (ie. the mass shooting).

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #32847 on: March 15, 2019, 02:18:27 PM »
BrainDead was real!

Holy shit I knew I wasnt the only person on earth who watched that show
:O

benjipwns

« Reply #32848 on: March 15, 2019, 02:29:27 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/15/politics/elizabeth-warren-2020-grassroots-strategy/
Surprise phone calls and 'selfie lines': Inside Elizabeth Warren's grassroots strategy

(CNN)Sen. Elizabeth Warren made her way down a list of names displayed on her laptop, dialing one phone number after another on her cellphone.

Everyone who picked up -- it was evening, and a few of the calls went to voicemail -- had two things in common: They had recently donated $25 or less to Warren's presidential campaign, and they couldn't believe that it was the Massachusetts Democrat on the line.

"No way. Get out of town," Grace, a graduate student in Alaska, blurted out.

"Oh my goodness," Matt, an Iowa resident, said with a laugh. "My wife is sitting here. Her jaw just dropped."

CNN recently sat in on one of Warren's "call time" sessions with small-dollar supporters

In calls that lasted no more than a few minutes each, Warren spoke with Matt, the president of a childcare association in Iowa who wanted to discuss play-based learning; Sharifa, a teacher in California worried about lower-income students who can't afford to participate in certain school activities; and Grace, the Alaska student eager to discuss the country's mental health care system.

And Warren was quick to put Logan, a college student in Idaho who works at a McDonald's, on the spot.

"So what do you learn from working at McDonald's?" she asked.

"Um, what do I learn?" Logan replied, laughing. He went on to explain the many moving parts from the moment an order gets taken to when the food goes out the window, and that "if the person managing the whole thing doesn't have a good idea of where all their resources are and where they need to be used most effectively, nothing ever gets done."

Warren responded that Logan's colleagues at the fast food restaurant "are people we need in this fight."

"I'm going to count on you to talk to some of those folks who are working at McDonald's. Can I do that?" she asked.

"Yes, absolutely."

What's been dubbed the "selfie line" at the end of every Warren campaign event is key to the senator's grassroots strategy. (Technically, the photos aren't selfies -- a Warren aide helps snap one photo after another in quick succession.)

Asked how much she can learn from these seconds-long interactions, Warren insisted it's more than you would think.

"Sometimes it's an issue that really matters to them and someone will say to me: 'I've got $68,000 in student loan debt. I'm teaching public school. There's no way I can hold this together,'" she told CNN. "Or, 'I have a child with a serious illness and all of her life she's going to have had a pre-existing condition. Please don't let them change the law.'"

"And sometimes it's just to say, 'Can I have a hug?' We do a lot of hugs."

According to the Warren campaign, she has done 29 photo lines this year, spending more than 26 hours posing with more than 9,500 people -- all of whom the campaign hopes will walk away with memorable impressions.
not even actual selfies ::)

shosta

« Reply #32849 on: March 15, 2019, 02:51:57 PM »

Preview of what it's going to look like when we're a white minority rule country instead of a white majority rule country.
每天生气

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32850 on: March 15, 2019, 05:33:41 PM »
I'm more interested in the most fertile man in Indianapolis.
dog

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #32851 on: March 15, 2019, 05:56:32 PM »
Who the fu— oh okay hey wrath :-*

Tripon

« Reply #32852 on: March 15, 2019, 08:49:52 PM »
Beto O'Rourke was a member of the oldest group of computer hackers in United States history, Reuters reports. The latest Democrat to join the presidential candidate pool was part of the hugely influential Cult of the Dead Cow, or CDC, a notorious group of hackers who released tools that allowed ordinary people to hack computers running Microsoft's Windows. The CDC had no more than 50 members over the group’s life, and continues today. Members of the group have protected O’Rourke’s secret for decades, but are acknowledging the candidate's membership in interviews as part of an upcoming book titled Cult of the Dead Cow: How the Original Hacking Supergroup Might Just Save the World. O’Rourke credits the CDC with developing many of his free-thinking principles that have landed his politics somewhere between liberal, and libertarian. “Part of my success was being exposed to people who thought differently and explored how things work,” O’Rourke said of his time in the CDC. “There are alternate paths to service and success, and it’s important to be mindful of that.” As part of the CDC, O’Rourke wrote essays called text files, or t-files, under the handle “Psychedelic Warlord,” which remain online to this day. Notable contributions he wrote as a teenager include an essay on how the world would work without money, one is a disturbing murder fantasy about killing children, and another takes on a self-proclaimed neo-Nazi.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/beto-orourke-was-secret-member-of-notorious-hacking-group-reuters?ref=home

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-politics-beto-orourke/
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 09:01:03 PM by Tripon »

shosta

« Reply #32853 on: March 15, 2019, 08:52:57 PM »
The Bernie Sanders rape thing, except about killing kids. Nice.
每天生气

Tripon

« Reply #32854 on: March 15, 2019, 11:38:28 PM »
https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/the-first-lady-watched-students-coloring-in-tulsa-the-turks/article_6ab6365f-2364-5023-b63c-44add62b1e43.html

Editor's note: Dove Schools provided the Tulsa World with the following statement from Board Chairwoman Mary Blankenship Pointer after this story was published by the Washington Post:

"A story in the Washington Post warrants a response from our school’s leadership:

"Dove Schools is not involved in the political turmoil taking place in Turkey in any way.

"Dove Schools first began serving Oklahoma students in 2000. In the 19 school years, DOVE has consistently succeeded in providing a rigorous college preparatory STEM-based curriculum with a strong emphasis on discipline, character education, and service to the community. With a diverse student body of over 85% minority (African-American, Hispanic, Asian, and Others) and over 80% free/reduced lunch each year of operation, Dove serves the students and families who need the most help, in both Tulsa and Oklahoma City.

"We consider it a great honor this week to have hosted First Lady Melania Trump. She and the White House could have chosen any number of high-performing schools across the country. They chose Dove because it’s a character-based school with extraordinary results in academic achievement.

"As Mrs. Trump said, 'Dove Schools embody kindness, respect, positive interactions, and strong character through the curriculum.'

"Dove Schools is not affiliated with any religious or social organization. In fact, as a public charter schools, any such association is prohibited. Dove Schools is run by an independent board of directors.

"We are proud of our status as one of Oklahoma’s best-performing schools, which routinely has 100 percent college acceptance rate among graduating seniors. Our children and their families are our priority, and will continue to be our primary focus."

The visit by Melania Trump to a charter school in Tulsa on Monday seemed to be a picture-perfect success for the first lady. She complimented pre-K students on their crayon skills and observed ­middle-schoolers conducting science experiments. She made small talk and warned a second-grader who had complained about her homework that it was “very important.”

But the first lady had just stepped into a zone fraught with potential diplomatic peril with her stop promoting her Be Best initiative that aims to improve children’s well-being. The Dove School of Discovery, a Tulsa charter institution that focuses on character education, is believed to be part of a network of schools in the United States and abroad linked to the Gulen movement, a secretive religious movement inspired by a 77-year-old Turkish Muslim cleric.

Turkish media and observers of the Turkish-U.S. relationship professed surprise that Melania Trump would visit a school identified with cleric Fethullah Gulen, whose network the Turkish government calls a terrorist organization.

“Melania Trump visits FETO charter school in Oklahoma,” read the headline on TRT World, Turkey’s state-run broadcaster, following Trump’s visit. Turkish authorities refer to Gulen’s movement as FETO, an acronym for the Fethullah Terrorist Organization.

Stephanie Grisham, a spokeswoman for the first lady, said the site was “both recommended and vetted” before the visit and shrugged off any suggestion that there was significance to the choice besides the school’s achievements. “The school was recognized with the 2018 National School of Character award,” she said, citing an accolade given by Character.org, a nonprofit group that certifies and promotes ­character-development programs. “It was chosen because of their excellent academics and commitment to character education. Their diverse staff and student body should be celebrated.”

This story made me laugh because of my own personal employment situation right now.  :doge

bluemax

NO

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #32856 on: March 16, 2019, 12:29:10 AM »
I've seen three separate takes on the Christchurch shooting that roughly converge on "vigilante violence is the wrong way to address the legitimate grievance of the shooter." One from a think tank dude, one from a Fox News talking head, and one from a member of the United States Congress.

It's been a long day of being Mad Online today for me.

shosta

« Reply #32857 on: March 16, 2019, 12:41:08 AM »
https://twitter.com/ericandre/status/1106728615318683648

this tweet has nothing to do with Rosario Dawson confirming she is dating Corey Booker

nothing at all
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32859 on: March 16, 2019, 01:38:00 AM »
 :zzz

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32860 on: March 16, 2019, 01:41:54 AM »

:maf :maf :maf

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Occam

« Reply #32862 on: March 16, 2019, 09:54:38 AM »
BrainDead was real!

Holy shit I knew I wasnt the only person on earth who watched that show

BrainDead was awesome. I think the reason it was cancelled after a single season is because after Trump's election, reality got more absurd than fiction.
Just like Idiocracy now seems pretty tame and benign compared to the Trump administration.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Himu

« Reply #32864 on: March 16, 2019, 01:00:02 PM »
Someone please explain the Yang 2020 memes. I know who the guy is from the peripheral but is he actually considered  a legitimate shot? I don't even see him on polls.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #32865 on: March 16, 2019, 01:08:04 PM »
Also, O'Rourke has a better shot at the national stage than in Texas. Guy was an relative unknown until last year and campaigned as a progressive in the ol' lone star state against one of the most hated representatives in the country and still lost. But only because he wouldn't compromise. In Texas that won't do as many of our best Democrats still have a little red in em. Nationally, O'Rourke has a better chance because his agenda matches progressives wants compared to Texas.

That said, I still put him far below Sanders. A progressive running in the 2020 Democratic race isn't really special and nothing about Beto besides name power stands out.

Unfortunately for the next year or so I'm going to have to deal with constant Beto 2020 canvas calls.

:stop
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32866 on: March 16, 2019, 01:38:09 PM »
Someone please explain the Yang 2020 memes. I know who the guy is from the peripheral but is he actually considered  a legitimate shot? I don't even see him on polls.
imagine getting 1000 likes a month  ;) Universal Basic Likes ensures that none of us gets left behind  :-[

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #32867 on: March 16, 2019, 01:47:41 PM »
aka neetbux i can spend on legal weed

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #32868 on: March 16, 2019, 01:48:36 PM »
and abortions

shosta

« Reply #32869 on: March 16, 2019, 01:52:09 PM »
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #32870 on: March 16, 2019, 01:56:28 PM »
I really should watch the Breakfast Club when they have candidates on the show. Normally tune them out.
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #32871 on: March 16, 2019, 01:57:58 PM »
do you want me to give you the fast facts about the Yang Dynasty, Cindi?
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32872 on: March 16, 2019, 02:00:55 PM »
it's like Linsanity, except politic instead of bball

Himu

« Reply #32873 on: March 16, 2019, 02:04:36 PM »
do you want me to give you the fast facts about the Yang Dynasty, Cindi?

Shoot.

I know this much about him

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1105475327424376832

Also his UBI stuff.

IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #32874 on: March 16, 2019, 02:35:12 PM »
- wants to give every adult $1k/mo, free and clear, working or not, no questions asked
    - paid for by 10% VAT tax and economic growth to give everyone a slice of every google ad buy and every amazon sale
    - you're only going to lose money if you spend over $10k a month
    - this ends poverty and homelessness etc.
    - we need this because automation puts 30-40% of jobs at risk within twenty years (driving, retail, clerical, etc.)

- wants medicare for all
- wants a green new deal
- over 75 other proposals on his website https://www.yang2020.com/policies/

- guy is an entrepreneur with an economics degree
- founded a startup that encouraged that encouraged young college kids to start businesses in the midwest instead of bay area or new york to help revitalize those economies
- he's very frank and honest which gives him a lot of authenticity

- he's getting memelord / alt-right / 4chan support because Trump failed them, Yang doesn't put down white people for being white, and if "western civilization is going to end" they might as well get $1000 a month. I mean chuds suck but the more votes the merrier

每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #32875 on: March 16, 2019, 02:37:39 PM »

- we need this because automation puts 30-40% of jobs at risk within twenty years (driving, retail, clerical, etc.)

Robot priests? :gladbron

I'll sit in the first row every Sunday.

Himu

« Reply #32876 on: March 16, 2019, 02:56:07 PM »

Me: Forgive me father, for I have sinned.

Priest: beep boop

:rejoice
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #32877 on: March 16, 2019, 03:22:43 PM »

Tripon

« Reply #32878 on: March 17, 2019, 01:14:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1106952515793403909

Uh, I would disagree that Trump tries to dissuade people from liking Putin or Russia.

Tripon

« Reply #32879 on: March 17, 2019, 02:04:56 AM »
An 18-year-old Catholic high school student who has not been vaccinated against chickenpox filed a lawsuit this past week against the Northern Kentucky Health Department.

Jerome Kunkel, a senior at Assumption Academy in Walton, claims health officials violated his freedom of religion and other rights by ordering students without the vaccine to not attend school or extracurricular activities.

Kunkel's school is suffering a chickenpox outbreak, with 32 cases. The school had approximately 110 students in 2015.

On March 14, the Northern Kentucky Health Department instructed students without proof of vaccination or immunity against chickenpox to not attend school in order to "prevent further spread of this illness."

The students were told to remain home until three weeks after the last case of chickenpox at the school.

More: Chickenpox outbreak in Walton grows to 32 students, unvaccinated students told not to attend

But Kunkel, according to the lawsuit filed Thursday with the Boone County Circuit Court, opposes the vaccine on religious grounds "due to its being derived from aborted fetal cells."
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/crime/crime-and-courts/2019/03/16/unvaccinated-senior-who-refuses-chicken-pox-vaccine-sues-health-department/3186437002/

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 02:14:06 AM by Tripon »