Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5540746 times)

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| Unemployed...in GREENLAND!
« Reply #43380 on: September 13, 2019, 01:05:12 AM »
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1172183389631328261

:brain

"YOU MOTHERFUCKERS RUINED MY POLLS BY NOT LETTING #YASSQUEEN WIN! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU~~!!!!!!!" -Nate Dogg.

I honestly can’t figure out what the Hell Nate means about Klobuchars electability argument. Like... I don’t even know where she’s from. Just that she throws staplers at her staff. Like that’s all anybody knows about her. She gets mad as hell and throws shit. What’s the electability argument in that?

And Jesus, I hope Biden like dies soon or something. Anyone looking st thst guy and thinking this dude who’s too senile to apply fixodent to his dentures is the right guy to nominate is crazy.

White Midwester Senator. (She won pretty handily against her republican opponent in 2018). That's basically what it is in terms of what Nate Silver thinks about electability. I don't think Silver is even arguing that she's personally electable, but her archetype typically is, and he's annoyed that reality is making me write a bit of nonsense.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #43382 on: September 13, 2019, 01:20:17 AM »

well shit

benjipwns

« Reply #43383 on: September 13, 2019, 01:26:18 AM »

Occam

« Reply #43384 on: September 13, 2019, 01:31:05 AM »
https://betoorourke.com/

lol
I tried to donate a negative amount but it doesn't work, unfortunately.

bluemax

« Reply #43385 on: September 13, 2019, 01:32:19 AM »
https://twitter.com/CmookieB/status/1172367454346964993

:pimp

Isn't Tulsi going on alt right shows and talking to neo nazis or some shit?
NO

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #43386 on: September 13, 2019, 01:36:26 AM »
 ::)

Occam

« Reply #43387 on: September 13, 2019, 01:37:08 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #43389 on: September 13, 2019, 01:43:42 AM »
somehow gabbard has been the most searched candidate after every debate but still can't poll well enough to actually make the debates :thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #43390 on: September 13, 2019, 01:51:13 AM »
Thank you for voting!
YANG 37.6%  (16,994 votes)

BIDEN 21.75%  (9,832 votes)

KLOBUCHAR 12.27%  (5,545 votes)

WARREN 7.43%  (3,358 votes)

SANDERS 4.95%  (2,239 votes)

BUTTIGIEG 4.93%  (2,228 votes)

O'ROURKE 3.94%  (1,781 votes)

CASTRO 2.92%  (1,318 votes)

BOOKER 2.39%  (1,082 votes)

HARRIS 1.81%  (819 votes)

Total Votes: 45,196
Bernard is over confirmed.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #43391 on: September 13, 2019, 01:54:38 AM »
buttigieg is surprisingly hateable tonight with the anti-politics shtick and the "americans like choice in their healthcare" line

People do like choice in their healthcare, in the sense of seeing doctors they're comfortable with.

Among people arguing against single-payer (or really any significant expansion of coverage) it's a common rhetorical tactic to pretend this means people like choosing their insurance, which nobody does.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #43392 on: September 13, 2019, 02:04:53 AM »
I honestly can’t figure out what the Hell Nate means about Klobuchars electability argument.

She consistently outperforms other Dems in her Midwestern state by big margins. Same reason some people thought Sherrod Brown would hypothetically be the strongest general election candidate.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #43396 on: September 13, 2019, 03:38:12 AM »
remember when this dude was talked about by the media as a serious Presidential or Vice Presidential candidate, then he disappeared on a hike to Argentina? then made it back to Congress before losing his primary last year?

According to an analysis by FiveThirtyEight, only four Republican House members voted less frequently with Trump than Sanford
“Mark Sanford has made it his career to use taxpayer dollars to go on CNN and criticize the president,” Arrington said.

“At times, you are the master of the misleading,” Sanford retorted. “I’ve supported the president 89 percent of the time. Talk to my brother and sister — I don’t agree with them 89 percent of the time.”
In one of his campaign ads, Republican congressman Mark Sanford says he has overwhelmingly “voted with the president.” In another, he says he has “joined with the president and others in efforts to build the wall.”

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #43397 on: September 13, 2019, 03:40:22 AM »
Argentine women tho.  :whew
ὕβρις

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #43398 on: September 13, 2019, 05:05:31 AM »
sho deseo una argentina sencisha que me shamará papi :mouf

spoiler (click to show/hide)
boredfrom please like this post
[close]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 06:01:08 AM by shosta »
每天生气

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #43399 on: September 13, 2019, 05:33:30 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #43400 on: September 13, 2019, 07:45:05 AM »
I have to wonder who is really putting him up to this and for what purpose
Yang is literally a rich (but not that rich) dude in his mid-40s who has an interest in various forms of charities/public service/giving/etc. and he entered the campaign way ahead like most "unintentional" candidates simply to get air time to discuss some of his ideas. He then became a meme candidate and that led to what appears to be at least at some level actual support for him. These type of people enter every Presidential campaign, only they don't get polled (see Yang a year ago before they grudgingly agreed to poll him and Marianne) and eventually lose interest or run out of money. Yang's wound up with donations and support and debate stage invites instead.

But he's not really some kind of front candidate, here he is talking to Obama in 2012 or so at some meeting thing:

I'd say Ron Paul similarly had a thing where you had the meme/true believers/curious people help push him up, that led to him getting donations, money bombs, etc. while the GOP and media initially tried to refuse and poll him. His supporters did the same thing of crashing online polls, etc. I remember somebody like NRO did a poll after a debate where Paul kept winning so they'd keep resetting it and he'd win even more, then they reset it without Paul and the Paulites bumped some other candidate like Duncan Hunter, so they reset it and removed Hunter, so then it was like Tommy Thompson or Sam Brownback, with the editors eventually stopping the poll and publishing a "despite what trolls think, Mitt Romney and Rudy won the debate" snark post.

But I think his hypothetical peak is more like 2008 Paul's than 2012 Paul, let alone Trump. His unorthodox campaign and background is the only thing that differs him from the field really, just like all the candidates are struggling to do. He's also an easier candidate to get access to, especially as the big campaigns continue to wall off their candidates. Yang'll get smashed out of the primaries like everyone else under 15% on Super Tuesday then write some book or whatever.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #43401 on: September 13, 2019, 08:57:32 AM »
somehow gabbard has been the most searched candidate after every debate but still can't poll well enough to actually make the debates :thinking

VOTE MOMMY
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #43402 on: September 13, 2019, 09:10:39 AM »

that's just me and fillers daily searches for Queen.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
:O

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #43404 on: September 13, 2019, 09:40:15 AM »
At least they are not dabbling in French.  Though people say Spanish is a gateway language. 

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #43405 on: September 13, 2019, 10:07:43 AM »
I don’t know who’s watching these debates and thinking that Joe Biden is doing well. He stumbles over his words and his arguments often don’t make sense.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 10:19:16 AM by EightBitNate »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #43406 on: September 13, 2019, 10:22:11 AM »
I don’t know who’s watching these debates and thinking that Joe Biden is doing well. He stumbles over his words and his arguments often don’t make sense.

That's what America wants now
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #43408 on: September 13, 2019, 10:45:52 AM »
Imagine protesting the guy who helped create program you're wanting, while he's trying to get into office to finish helping you.

My guess is these are covert russians.

Tasty

« Reply #43409 on: September 13, 2019, 10:47:22 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Coitus

« Reply #43412 on: September 13, 2019, 11:14:12 AM »
Kamala's main problem is her awful California monotone.  She'd gain 10 points if she'd hire a speech coach.

Tasty

« Reply #43413 on: September 13, 2019, 11:29:15 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/09/13/opinion/debate-winners-losers.html

Kamala Harris

Gail Collins (5/10) — Nothing she did made me forget how bad she was last time around.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #43414 on: September 13, 2019, 11:36:51 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/09/13/opinion/debate-winners-losers.html

Kamala Harris

Gail Collins (5/10) — Nothing she did made me forget how bad she was last time around.

Maureen Dowd (4/10) — Face it, Elizabeth Warren has stolen your act.

:neogaf No she hasn't. Not when she's pulling Clinton donations, NY Times. I know you're shit now a days, but Jesus.

I tapped out around 10:15 PM because I have a schedule to stick to, but tbh I'd be fine voting for any of these candidates when the opposing person is Donald Trump. But I'd really rather not have to vote for Biden (because he's an old coot who is melting), Booker (because he's a fuckin' goober), or Yang (because he clearly isn't a serious candidate although I do enjoy him trying to meme and bribe his way into this, I have to wonder who is really putting him up to this and for what purpose) if I don't have to.

I was pretty annoyed with Kamala thinking she had these fire lines that were actually super corny and then she'd laugh or celebrate with them like a fucking herb. Beto really shouldn't be running for president, he should be doing something to change the gun debate/culture in America, because that's what he's clearly passionate about, not anything else.

"I have no problem with any of these candidates."
Narrator: Stro then goes on to state 80% of them are shit, but would vote for them because "Cheeto-man bad."
Vote Blue No Matter Who™. *vomit*

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #43415 on: September 13, 2019, 11:58:22 AM »
Bidden does the same speaking in half thoughts, cut to a different subject mid sentence jumbled confusion that Trump does, it's just his (usually) comes from a less racist and hateful place, but I wouldn't be completely comfortable with any one consistently speaking like that to be in charge of such things as the most powerful army in the world.

There is a large difference between Trump and Biddy in terms of coherence.  Hell Trump can't even write down a coherent thought.  Also having a smooth style of speech is not really an indication of anything - yes it looks bad politically but only because we expect politicians to be actors more than real people. 

Tasty

« Reply #43416 on: September 13, 2019, 12:00:18 PM »
Biden's hard-locks last night were as bad as anything I've seen from Trump. But I'll be honest, I haven't cared to look.

Occam

« Reply #43417 on: September 13, 2019, 12:11:54 PM »
As long as a Democrat with a cabinet of intelligent people is elected President and his or her position is strong enough to quickly halt and undo the environmental destruction and corruption initiated by Trump (and his Republican predecessors), I'd be ok if an inanimate object is elected.

Occam

« Reply #43418 on: September 13, 2019, 12:24:14 PM »
All that matters is that the next Democratic administration find a way to end propaganda TV (Sinclair/Fox), Gerrymandering and to somehow get back the Supreme Court to ensure they retain the presidency for the foreseeable future. The popular vote has shown that America is Democratic, not Republican. This needs to be adequately reflected by the government.

Occam

« Reply #43419 on: September 13, 2019, 12:38:49 PM »
Boring, that's what the current one is already doing with his climate change denial. It's simply not a quick process.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #43420 on: September 13, 2019, 01:23:26 PM »
remember when this dude was talked about by the media as a serious Presidential or Vice Presidential candidate, then he disappeared on a hike to Argentina? then made it back to Congress before losing his primary last year?

The story has a happy ending.

Eight hours after Republican Katie Arrington lost her South Carolina congressional race, she blamed her shocking defeat on U.S. Rep. Mark Sanford, the outgoing Republican congressman she bested in the primary.

Also, Sanford was siamesedreamer's boy back in the day, if anyone remembers our racist Atlanta Falcons fan.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43421 on: September 13, 2019, 02:58:13 PM »
Not sure what the Democrats are thinking by keeping Joe in the race.

Trump won't be as polite in the debate as these candidates are. There won't be the same level of respect.
He will tell Joe's family and the Democratic party leaders they should be ashamed of themselves for nominating him.
Followed by comments about Joe's 'disgusting teeth' falling out or his eyeball exploding.

He turned Hillary's cough into a terminal illness. What do they think is going to happen here?  :doge
🤴

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #43422 on: September 13, 2019, 02:59:32 PM »

I know the ship sailed on this decades ago but political coverage as theater review is so rancid.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #43423 on: September 13, 2019, 03:09:42 PM »
Not sure what the Democrats are thinking by keeping Joe in the race.

Drumpf won't be as polite in the debate as these candidates are. There won't be the same level of respect.
He will tell Joe's family and the Democratic party leaders they should be ashamed of themselves for nominating him.
Followed by comments about Joe's 'disgusting teeth' falling out or his eyeball exploding.

He turned Hillary's cough into a terminal illness. What do they think is going to happen here?  :doge
Hey Terry Funk how long is decorum dead for?
Hi

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #43424 on: September 13, 2019, 03:14:47 PM »
Did you hear how yang is giving away 12,000$?

Better watch your email like a hawk for the next 15 months

The winners will be notified by e-mail no later than November 30, 2020. Winner will be contacted and must respond within 24 hours to claim Prize. 

:rage
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43425 on: September 13, 2019, 03:18:01 PM »
Did you hear how yang is giving away 12,000$?

Better watch your email like a hawk for the next 15 months

The winners will be notified by e-mail no later than November 30, 2020. Winner will be contacted and must respond within 24 hours to claim Prize.

:rage
lmao that's after the election.

Also, isn't that pretty much bribery is that even allowed?

LMAO make sure the record player is on at night kids
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1172334207244177415

:lol

:rofl

:crowdlaff
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 03:38:47 PM by Nintex »
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #43427 on: September 13, 2019, 03:51:05 PM »
Dude probably just thinks vinyl sounds warmer than digital. 
Happens when you are so ancient that your conception of digital music is lossy audio from Kazaa.
[close]

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #43429 on: September 13, 2019, 04:12:21 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

butchug annihilated  :dead

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #43430 on: September 13, 2019, 04:14:14 PM »
https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1172270223774429185

mossad has all the dirt they need to keep trump in line if he ever disobeys  :stahp

Occam

« Reply #43431 on: September 13, 2019, 04:33:21 PM »
That's nonsense. The level of dirt required to make Trump do anything probably doesn't exist. His opponents won't even impeach him despite dozens upon dozens of well documented offences.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #43434 on: September 13, 2019, 04:49:22 PM »
©@©™

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #43435 on: September 13, 2019, 04:57:52 PM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9922286/donald-trump-fan-tattoos/amp/

Nintex, which one of these is you?

Obviously the tweet one  ::)

but probably the one with the thong :goty
[close]
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #43436 on: September 13, 2019, 05:02:27 PM »
trump has a better ass than in that thong tat  :yuck

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #43437 on: September 13, 2019, 05:11:11 PM »
Tom Steyer made the October debates. Thank god. He's the only person that can defeat Trump.
每天生气

Tasty

« Reply #43438 on: September 13, 2019, 05:40:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/nerdjpg/status/1172321100849565702

Citation needed on Warren supporting copays? She's pushing the same legislation as Sanders. :dunno

Edit- Read the thread and replies, this person is an obnoxious idiot.

Tasty

« Reply #43439 on: September 13, 2019, 06:11:07 PM »
John Wick female reboot? :lol