Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5451983 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| Romney 2020 - Time to win like a dog!
« Reply #47760 on: December 09, 2019, 05:50:54 PM »
when in fact the ratings are through the roof and record amounts of the public are watching these hearings
Nielsen Media Research data showed 12.7 million people tuning in to the second day of the impeachment hearings across ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox News, CNN and MSNBC.

Fox News led the way with an average 2.8 million total viewers from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. MSNBC was second with 2.7 total million viewers, while CBS was third with 2 million. ABC placed fourth with 1.93 million, NBC fifth with 1.83 million and CNN sixth with 1.615 million.

The number of viewers was less than the 13.8 million viewers who tuned in on the first day of impeachment hearings on Wednesday, per Nielsen.

The 12.7 million who tuned in Friday marks a 35 percent drop from the number of people who watched former FBI Director James Comey’s testimony to the Senate Intelligence Committee in 2017, which delivered more than 19.5 million viewers.

In February, former Trump personal attorney and fixer Michael Cohen's testimony delivered 15.8 million viewers, while 13 million tuned in to see former special counsel Robert Mueller testify before the House Judiciary and Intelligence committees in July.

Impeachment hearings for President Nixon in 1973 were also covered live on a rotating basis by the major broadcast networks ABC, CBS and NBC, while PBS carried the proceedings wall-to-wall for more than 250 hours.

According to Gallup, 71 percent of Americans watched the Nixon impeachment hearings live.
20 million is like an 18 share.

benjipwns

« Reply #47761 on: December 09, 2019, 06:04:53 PM »
Check what the normal audience is during that time you fucking cat
ABC's "The View" averaged 2.859 million Total Viewers, 474,000 Women 25-54 and 326,000 Women 18-49, during the week of March 11, 2019, based on Live + Same Day Data from Nielsen Media Research.

For the 2nd time in the last 3 weeks, "The View" increased its Total Viewer audience year to year (+1% - 2.859 million vs. 2.837 million - for w/o 3/12/18).

Season to date, amongst all network and Syndicated daytime talk shows and news programs (23 Total), "The View" (2.871 million) ranks No. 4, trailing only "Dr. Phil" (4.246 million), "Ellen" (3.214 million) and "Live with Kelly and Ryan" (3.010 million).
surprised that a long time wresslin fan doesn't have their own background in obsessive detail over TV ratings

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47762 on: December 09, 2019, 07:12:38 PM »

20 point swing because why not  :dizzy
🤴

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #47763 on: December 09, 2019, 07:30:25 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #47764 on: December 09, 2019, 07:43:09 PM »
having it:

not having it:

wondering what she's doing with her life:

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #47765 on: December 09, 2019, 08:19:45 PM »
wondering what she's doing with her life:
(Image removed from quote.)

Fell in love with another gay guy that's not hitting the spot.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #47766 on: December 09, 2019, 11:56:48 PM »

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #47767 on: December 10, 2019, 12:06:33 AM »
If Clinton wanted Sanders to endorse her sooner in 2016, she should have promised him a cabinet position or the VP spot. She didn't. Obama bit the bullet and made her Secretary of State, the position she campaigned on to prove she was ready to be President. She made a decision to not do that.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #47768 on: December 10, 2019, 12:45:21 AM »
Why does everyone overreact to everything Clinton says?

Sexism.
每天生气

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #47769 on: December 10, 2019, 12:54:06 AM »
Why does everyone overreact to everything Clinton says?

Sexism.

Ok, glen  ::)
Margs

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #47770 on: December 10, 2019, 02:26:08 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-impeachment-hearing-pro-trump-141500169.html

I like how the guy yelling looks like the doofus who was arguing with Aids Skrillex (I hate that nickname, but we all know who we're talking about) AKA "You're a Fucking White Male" .

EDIT: Holy shit! It is the same guy hahaha.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47771 on: December 10, 2019, 09:05:38 AM »
President Trump lashed out Tuesday morning at FBI Director Christopher A. Wray, suggesting that “he will never be able to fix the FBI” based on his reaction to a Justice Department inspector general’s report examining the bureau’s investigation of Trump’s 2016 campaign.

“I don’t know what report current Director of the FBI Christopher Wray was reading, but it sure wasn’t the one given to me,” Trump tweeted. “With that kind of attitude, he will never be able to fix the FBI, which is badly broken despite having some of the greatest men & women working there!”
Yeah, trump wants to close the fbi

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-lashes-out-at-fbi-director-in-wake-of-inspector-generals-report/2019/12/10/db3a3006-1b48-11ea-b4c1-fd0d91b60d9e_story.html

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #47772 on: December 10, 2019, 10:08:00 AM »
©ZH

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #47773 on: December 10, 2019, 10:57:00 AM »

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #47774 on: December 10, 2019, 11:18:23 AM »
It’s not a witch hunt if you’re flying on a broom lmao

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #47775 on: December 10, 2019, 11:55:35 AM »
Fantastic story about how a nice pair of titties can get you to the top quickly.

The gatekeeper to the lawyer for the most powerful man in the world is a 20-year-old conservative activist with a thin resume, an inflated biography and an impossible job.

This much is undisputed: Allen soon left public high school to work for the campaign without pay, enrolling in Liberty University Online to complete her high school degree.

“I forget all the titles she told me she had. She was ‘millenials for something’ or ‘teens for this,’” one former official said. At one point, her social media accounts claimed she was an official spokeswoman for the Trump campaign. She was not, according to these officials. (In a text, Allen explained that she referred to herself as a campaign spokesperson “only because I spoke at a couple rallies.”)

“She wasn’t productive, but she was attempting to insert herself into everything. If there’s an event, she’s showing up to help whether or not she was invited to [it].”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/mystery-rudy-giulianis-spokeswoman-100049936.html

:O

agrajag

« Reply #47776 on: December 10, 2019, 11:57:04 AM »
would

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #47777 on: December 10, 2019, 11:59:15 AM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #47779 on: December 10, 2019, 01:01:23 PM »
A new attitude has swept American politics. Candidates have discovered that it is easier to be elected by not offending anyone rather than by impressing the voters.

:trumps
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47783 on: December 10, 2019, 04:20:29 PM »
So literally a slap on the hand for trump?

Politico article doesn't define censure, but it sounds like nothing that would affect trump, or he would be so mindblown he'd just sublimate into his hair.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #47784 on: December 10, 2019, 04:39:11 PM »
fucking democrats jesus christ
püp

Occam

« Reply #47785 on: December 10, 2019, 05:31:37 PM »
Why only two articles of impeachment instead of everything? Also, what's the point of keeping the trial short instead of doing it the Republican way (Bengazi style) when the Senate isn't going to convict anyway?
Or do they intend to impeach him a second time later on? Doesn't make sense.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47786 on: December 10, 2019, 05:33:56 PM »
Why only two articles of impeachment instead of everything? Also, what's the point of keeping the trial short instead of doing it the Republican way (Bengazi style) when the Senate isn't going to convict anyway?
Or do they intend to impeach him a second time later on? Doesn't make sense.

playbytherulesdemocrats

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #47787 on: December 10, 2019, 05:46:28 PM »
Politico article doesn't define censure

If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure that it means that Melania can't practice medicine for 2 years and no one outs Leo's pill problem.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #47788 on: December 10, 2019, 07:21:55 PM »
Bernie stonks so green rn :stonks

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47789 on: December 10, 2019, 07:31:43 PM »
Honestly thinking about double until it's down to three

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #47790 on: December 10, 2019, 07:42:54 PM »
My average buy on it at this point is 10c. My heart wants to hodl but also could use a win so might set a sell at a handsome reward lol

benjipwns

« Reply #47791 on: December 10, 2019, 07:48:09 PM »

r.i.p. Pete (another victim of the Bros like Kamala and Beto), Bloomberg surging into fourth after Biden, Warren

benjipwns

« Reply #47792 on: December 10, 2019, 08:10:06 PM »
Also, what's the point of keeping the trial short instead of doing it the Republican way (Bengazi style) when the Senate isn't going to convict anyway?
Benghazi wasn't a trial, it was a theoretically endless hearing. The Republicans control the Senate and thus control interpretation of the rules depending on how Roberts rules.

The main thing is that a number of Democrats who aren't Joe Biden don't want a trial going on while they're trying to gain position in a Presidential primary and campaign. Had Harris not dropped out you could have been pulling five of the top eight candidates off the trail in the months leading into Iowa, NH and Super Tuesday. Unless they're named to the prosecution they'd effectively disappear from public view as deliberation is done in private.

For the record, Bill Clinton was impeached by the House on December 19th. The Senate trial took from January 7th to February 12th. It was also on two counts.

I personally do not know why they think a trial in this case would take any longer especially like that POLITICO article talking about it going on for four plus months. If anything the Senate should immediately move to vote on the counts as Robert Byrd did in the Clinton impeachment, except this time there should arguably be enough of a vote to pass it rather than shoot it down as happened then.

So literally a slap on the hand for trump?

Politico article doesn't define censure, but it sounds like nothing that would affect trump, or he would be so mindblown he'd just sublimate into his hair.
Censure by Congress means they're really really really mad and don't you do it again or they might have to tell you how mad they are again.

Andrew Jackson and Alexander Hamilton were both censured by Congress. A lot of Presidents have had censure motions introduced against them, but most go nowhere.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 08:16:19 PM by benjipwns »

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #47794 on: December 10, 2019, 09:19:22 PM »
 :pacspit :pacspit :pacspit :maf

kingv

« Reply #47795 on: December 10, 2019, 09:49:36 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

r.i.p. Pete (another victim of the Bros like Kamala and Beto), Bloomberg surging into fourth after Biden, Warren

Harris rise and fall tracks quite neatly to her very aggressive Medicare for All Plan that she then walked away from. Well-played she reads the crowd about as well as she reads her family tree.

Errr I meant warren
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 11:12:00 PM by kingv »

benjipwns

Occam

« Reply #47798 on: December 11, 2019, 02:09:34 AM »
US immigration officials bar doctors from giving flu shots to detained kids
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/10/us-immigration-detained-children-flu-shots

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #47799 on: December 11, 2019, 05:29:03 AM »
https://www.eater.com/platform/amp/2019/11/5/20942192/bubble-tea-boba-asian-american-diaspora

Boba liberalism, as Redmond (who declined to be interviewed for this piece) explains it, is “thinking the university key club and API student associations will lead the way in fighting for the dignity of the asian diaspora, in securing real material benefits to their communities, and rectifying the colonial crimes of the host country.”

It’s: “thinking t-shirts, products, and merchandise are the main way of affirming one’s racial identity. It’s capitalist consumption presented as ‘API-ness.’ Buy more crazy rich asians tickets, sell more boba, go to raves, wear this brand. It’s reliant on capitalism.”

And: “wanting to reconnect with your roots by [...] drinking bubble tea, getting added to subtle asian traits, and organizing fundraisers for your asian student association, but never studying your history and feeling solidarity with your homeland against imperialism.”

Andrew Yang and his embrace of contentious model-minority stereotypes (and alcoholic boba) are boba liberalism.
So is rallying around representation in Hollywood only insofar as it affects what we see on our screens. Tolerating an abhorrent, morally bankrupt presidency as long as it guarantees lower tax rates, stable housing prices, likelier admission to Ivy Leagues, and the promise of the American dream our immigrant parents had aspired to so long ago: boba liberalism. In Redmond’s words: “All sugar, no substance.”

Lol. That's a great put down.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #47800 on: December 11, 2019, 09:37:46 AM »
I'm very sorry for your loss of life.
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47801 on: December 11, 2019, 09:50:40 AM »
:lol

https://twitter.com/SenWarren/status/1204124434975596544

Reading those comments, Ernie is going to get devoured when he doesn't close down the government.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47802 on: December 11, 2019, 09:53:11 AM »
“If Biden is elected,” an adviser to the campaign told the news outlet, “he’s going to be 82 years old in four years and he won’t be running for reelection.”

“He’s going into this thinking, ‘I want to find a running mate I can turn things over to after four years, but if that’s not possible or doesn’t happen then I’ll run for reelection.’ But he’s not going to publicly make a one-term pledge,” another adviser reportedly said.

Holy shit, dude is going further than clinton and planning for his retirement before being elected.

:rofl

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #47803 on: December 11, 2019, 10:22:39 AM »
©ZH

Occam

« Reply #47804 on: December 11, 2019, 10:27:24 AM »
You know you live in a banana republic when major newspapers feel the need to post articles such as this:

A guide to the misleading spin on the IG report
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/12/11/guide-misleading-spin-ig-report/

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #47805 on: December 11, 2019, 12:43:00 PM »
“If Biden is elected,” an adviser to the campaign told the news outlet, “he’s going to be 82 years old in four years and he won’t be running for reelection.”

“He’s going into this thinking, ‘I want to find a running mate I can turn things over to after four years, but if that’s not possible or doesn’t happen then I’ll run for reelection.’ But he’s not going to publicly make a one-term pledge,” another adviser reportedly said.

Holy shit, dude is going further than clinton and planning for his retirement before being elected.

:rofl
He's gonna be retired way before 2024/5 :teehee
Hi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47806 on: December 11, 2019, 01:32:57 PM »
You know you live in a banana republic when major newspapers feel the need to post articles such as this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/12/11/guide-misleading-spin-ig-report/
Barr has legitimate issues with the report.
It should worry everyone that FBI agents were either celebrating Trump's victory or plotted 'insurance policies' against him on a very flimsy legal basis.
The report did show that none of it was really planned and that's just how the dominoes ended up falling when shit leaked and cases became public.
But it's not like the FBI did a really good job during the 2016 election cycle.
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #47808 on: December 11, 2019, 01:40:54 PM »

:heh
dog

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #47809 on: December 11, 2019, 01:44:57 PM »

It should worry everyone that FBI agents were either celebrating Trump's victory or plotted 'insurance policies' against him on a very flimsy legal basis.
The report did show that none of it was really planned and that's just how the dominoes ended up falling when shit leaked and cases became public.

Sure
püp

kingv

« Reply #47810 on: December 11, 2019, 02:22:39 PM »

To summarize: there was no conspiracy.

It shouldn’t surprise anyone that cops do bad warrants. federal jake is still jake.

james

« Reply #47811 on: December 11, 2019, 03:38:45 PM »
Bernie needs to nationalize Bloomberg ASAP

https://twitter.com/DavidWright_CNN/status/1204780465821028352

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #47812 on: December 11, 2019, 03:46:16 PM »
I got nothing but bloomberg ads all weekend while watching football

kill me
püp

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #47813 on: December 11, 2019, 03:51:32 PM »
love living in a state where the primaries don't matter :jeb

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #47814 on: December 11, 2019, 03:55:32 PM »
that sounds great, but how about living in a state where the general election doesn't matter? :jeb
©@©™

james

« Reply #47815 on: December 11, 2019, 04:02:44 PM »
that sounds great, but how about living in a state where the general election doesn't matter? :jeb

China?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #47816 on: December 11, 2019, 04:11:21 PM »
How about living in a state?  :juche
dog

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47817 on: December 11, 2019, 04:12:02 PM »

Woke?

Occam

« Reply #47818 on: December 11, 2019, 04:27:09 PM »
"On a hunting trip to Mongolia earlier this summer the president’s son Donald Trump Jr killed a rare species of endangered sheep. A permit for the killing was retroactively issued after Trump met with the country’s president"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/11/donald-trump-jr-mongolia-rare-endangered-sheep-permit

In other Trump Jr news:
Anonymous official’s book replaces Trump Jr’s ‘fake No 1’ on bestseller list

"The RNC has denied making bulk purchases of [Trump Jr's] book, only for FEC records to reveal it spent nearly $100,000 on copies on 29 October. Politicians including the House minority leader, Kevin McCarthy, and the Florida congressman Matt Gaetz are also reported to be promoting and selling the book.

The Times published a picture of dozens of boxes of the book – under a sign reading “Capitalism Not Cronyism” – at the office of Turning Point USA, a conservative student group with which Trump Jr has close ties. The not-for-profit was the host of a Los Angeles event earlier this month which did not go according to plan after Trump Jr said he would not answer questions from the audience."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/29/a-warning-anonymous-bestseller-donald-trump-jr-triggered

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47819 on: December 11, 2019, 04:32:42 PM »
Don Jr. thinking he's a popular internet meme lord surely is one of the best jokes the writers pulled on us.

Aside from maybe dumb mcdumb Carter Page working for the CIA
https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/1204799896353722368

:neogaf
🤴