Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5451637 times)

Himu

Re: US Politics Thread |OT| RIP Cain Train #pizzagate
« Reply #65820 on: August 13, 2020, 12:41:20 AM »
Birthers gonna have a field day

How you gonna oppose M4A when going to high school in Canada?
IYKYK

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #65822 on: August 13, 2020, 12:56:17 AM »
KAG! :biden

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #65823 on: August 13, 2020, 01:06:57 AM »
Xavier: Renegade Angel is back. :rejoice

FStop7

« Reply #65824 on: August 13, 2020, 01:07:02 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

As if this fuckin mouthbreather was ever a shoe-in :lol

Isn’t Markey polling +15 points? God, the fucking media sucks so bad.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #65826 on: August 13, 2020, 01:23:04 AM »
https://apnews.com/083ef5555ef82c015e2f37f1822c0d78

This is great. I'm going to miss having a head of state this deranged. :delicious

Corruption, incompetence, and failure at all-time highs but I gotta say, it's been funny at times.
To think there are people upset that the empire lost its facade temporarily and rather than professionally fucking over various people of the world we get to watch a man declare war on home appliances. Sorry, but I'm fine with the clown show. I'll take showergate over more """democratic""" coups.

BIONIC

Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #65828 on: August 13, 2020, 02:26:56 AM »
 :piss :dead :piss2

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #65829 on: August 13, 2020, 04:35:50 AM »
Finally getting around to listening to this Kamala/Biden speech.

Dude sounds like he's endorsing her for POTUS.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65830 on: August 13, 2020, 05:20:10 AM »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65832 on: August 13, 2020, 08:38:40 AM »
🤴

Himu

« Reply #65833 on: August 13, 2020, 09:17:06 AM »
A lot of the arguments for Kamala right now remind me that I'm still not a Democrat and this is only a temporary alliance between the two of us to oust Trump.

It's funny how so many Democrats describe Trump and Republicans as a literal death cult with a cult-like mentality that adhere to its leader with zero accountability, but a lot of the criticism for Kamala by Dems is being seen as a threat, support for Trump or outright non voting. The emperor wears no clothes, unless it's your emperor it seems, truly showing Democrats to be just as cultish as Republicans. One week it's "we need to hold Trump accountable", the next week it's "we can hold Biden and Kamala accountable once they're elected" and "can it wait till November?"

If I had less sense of civic duty I would simply choose to not vote this year. After 2020, going forward, that might be the best option sans down ballot tickets and giving people I support a boost.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 09:23:10 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

BIONIC

They changed the account’s name to The Cain Gang  :dead
Margs

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #65836 on: August 13, 2020, 11:57:19 AM »
If I had less sense of civic duty I would simply choose to not vote this year. After 2020, going forward, that might be the best option sans down ballot tickets and giving people I support a boost.

If you live in a very partisan state it's nbd to pass on having to choose between Asmodeus and the gatekeeper of Avernus.

This year though, who knows. I think ~40% turnout is possible thanks to the ruling party having a vested interest in suppressing the vote.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Once the cultists die they become part of the Twitter singularity  :rejoice
🤴

Himu

« Reply #65838 on: August 13, 2020, 12:30:43 PM »

If you live in a very partisan state it's nbd to pass on having to choose between Asmodeus and the gatekeeper of Avernus.

This year though, who knows. I think ~40% turnout is possible thanks to the ruling party having a vested interest in suppressing the vote.

Nah. Texas is trending purple these days. This will be my final election in Texas and by extension, a red state anyhow, so going forward I will be afforded the opportunity to become a non-voter.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 12:40:45 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Herman Cain coming back from the dead and naming himself after Bladee is not something I would have expected in 2019.

Uncle Tom dies directly as a result of stanning for Trump and then continues to puppet for him from the ether. Sounds about right.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Wow Jared got us peace in the middle east after all
:O

Kara

Wow Jared got us peace in the middle east after all

Maybe I can finally stop having to file Form 5713 for Abu Dhabi transactions now.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65842 on: August 13, 2020, 01:44:41 PM »
Starting to think Kamala's objections to Biden's stance on bussing weren't entirely sincere

FACT CHECK:

https://twitter.com/julmele/status/1293291859205410816
Lot's of crazy energy from Kamala.

https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1293639244632776707
Is this legal?  :thinking
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 01:54:06 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

you've seen me bully people on discord and yet you think I'd willingly give up a position of power? :heh

It's now my mission to break this child.

e: snoop

nevermind fml

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #65844 on: August 13, 2020, 02:10:54 PM »
Xavier: Renegade Angel is back. :rejoice
almost pissed myself laughing at this :lol
每天生气

Himu

You know what. Kara, you're right about not voting.

:obama

Is there really a difference in the fascism? There's Trump's fascism and then there's the carcerality of Harris, which is really just another form of slavery.
IYKYK

shosta

Cindi, to me, voting is like your virginity. A lot of people have this idea that it always has to be with someone special but the truth is that you can do it with anyone. In fact, most of the people I have sex with I can barely stand
每天生气

shosta

Is there really a difference in the fascism? There's Trump's fascism and then there's the carcerality of Harris, which is really just another form of slavery.
Yes, there's a difference, but if you really have to withhold your vote, at least do downballot.
每天生气

Himu

Cindi, to me, voting is like your virginity. A lot of people have this idea that it always has to be with someone special but the truth is that you can do it with anyone. In fact, most of the people I have sex with I can barely stand

That mentality has worked out for us: we're left with Trump in the White House, so it definitely has fruit.

Repeatedly, all through this week, I have seen Americans repeatedly refuse to hold the country to higher standards. Better to not participate.
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

damn shosta, just stop fucking.

what the hell.

james

In fact, most of the people I have sex with can barely stand

oh and im the pedo

:juicy

shosta

what, do you always eat at the best restaurants? Hell
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

what, do you always eat at the best restaurants? Hell

I eat ramen if I can't afford a filet mignon.

shosta

qed
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

also

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-53770859

A joint statement by Mr Trump, Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu and Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Mohammed Al Nahyan said they hoped the "historic breakthrough will advance peace in the Middle East".

As a result, they added, Israel would suspend its controversial plans to annex parts of the occupied West Bank.

Until now Israel has had no diplomatic relations with Gulf Arab countries.

However, shared concerns over Iran's regional influence have led to unofficial contacts between them.

In response to President Trump's announcement, Mr Netanyahu tweeted in Hebrew: "Historic day."

james

Old news cauli, scroll up

Cauliflower Of Love

no u

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #65857 on: August 13, 2020, 02:38:36 PM »
That election (where the Republicans all voted for De Leon) is a great example of how non-ideological voters are.

Yeah, I think it was a function of Finestein being there for so long that some voters just wanted her to leave.

Tripon

also

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-53770859

A joint statement by Mr Trump, Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu and Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Mohammed Al Nahyan said they hoped the "historic breakthrough will advance peace in the Middle East".

As a result, they added, Israel would suspend its controversial plans to annex parts of the occupied West Bank.

Until now Israel has had no diplomatic relations with Gulf Arab countries.

However, shared concerns over Iran's regional influence have led to unofficial contacts between them.

In response to President Trump's announcement, Mr Netanyahu tweeted in Hebrew: "Historic day."

Except Netanyahu already backtracking and saying he's going to still annex the west bank that is in settlers control.  :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Trump just reminded them he took out general Soleimani and Al Baghdadi and they would be next if they kept bullying Kushner  :trumps
🤴

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
qed

Women aren’t commodities you lil fuck

I edited this out because of my loose usage of commodities but then I didn’t want Nintex to look bad for liking it so I edited it back

Tripon

It is odd that with a virtual setting, that the DNC and RNC is saying fuck it, only a couple of hours, when shit like AGDQ and SGDQ shown that even 100,000 randos will watch in the dead of night.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
“Six years ago, in fact, we had a different health crisis,” Harris said. “It was called Ebola. We all remember that pandemic. But you know what happened then? Barack Obama and Joe Biden did their job. Only two people in the United States died. Two. That’s what’s called leadership. But compare that to the moment we find ourselves in now. When other countries are following the science, trump pushed miracle cures he saw on Fox News. While other countries were flattening the curve, he said the virus would poof just go away ‘like a miracle.'”

“This virus has impacted almost every country,” Harris continued. “But there’s a reason it has hit America worse than any other advanced nation. It’s because of Trump’s failures to take it seriously from the start.”

“Trump is also the reason millions of Americans are now unemployed,” Harris said. “He inherited the longest economic expansion in history from Barack Obama and Joe Biden. And then like everything else he inherited, he ran it straight into the ground. Because of Trump’s failures in leadership, our economy has taken one of the biggest hits out of all the major industrialized nations with an unemployment rate that has tripled as of today. This is what happens when we elect a guy who just isn’t up for the job.”

This was aired live on fox news. :ohyeah
©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
It is odd that with a virtual setting, that the DNC and RNC is saying fuck it, only a couple of hours, when shit like AGDQ and SGDQ shown that even 100,000 randos will watch in the dead of night.
I think they want to prevent it from dragging on too long, plus some of these folks don't speech for free.
The Clintons will surely bill the DNC for the privilege of speaking  ;)
🤴

shosta

每天生气

shosta

每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Tripon

Tripon

I wonder how many people are going to die from not getting their mail in meds on time as Trump and the Republicans go out of their way to destroy it in the 1% chance it might help them win an election they should get completely blown out in.

A number of people, including senior citizens get their prescriptions though the mail, and I'm sure more have started doing it during the pandemic.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1293998272756015106

RIP
So basically Nancy, Chuck and Mitch handed the keys over to Kudlow, Trump and Mnuchin in what is quite likely the most critical moment since the collapse of Lehman Brothers.  :doge
🤴

james

I wonder how many people are going to die from not getting their mail in meds on time as Trump and the Republicans go out of their way to destroy it in the 1% chance it might help them win an election they should get completely blown out in.

Elections

Have

Consequences

Had the Democrat majority in 2008 reversed the 2006 law that created this mess, we'd be fine. Instead, Obummer stood by and watched as our ballots went into the trash can

shosta

Seeing a story from Iowa that they're having their mail sorting equipment removed :notlikethis (HT chronovore)

What the fuck are these unions doing? Take over.
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Seeing a story from Iowa that they're having their mail sorting equipment removed :notlikethis (HT chronovore)

What the fuck are these unions doing? Take over.
Don't worry they'll sort the mail in Moscow  ;)
🤴

Kara

You know what. Kara, you're right about not voting.

:obama

I would say there is a difference, just to be clear. I chose a comparison between the ruler of all of a Hell equivalent and a being charged with protecting its border to try and illustrate that. (borders require a certain flexibility that distant capitals do not) Poorly it appears now, however.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
To preempt any Forgotten Realms nerd "well, actually" posts: shut up, nerd(s).
[close]

The point I was trying to make is: if you feel very conflicted about the Democratic Party ticket in a given year and you live in a state where the results of the election are a formality, why bother twisting yourself into knots about what to do when you can just say, "No thank you," and go about your life? Existing Democratic Party leadership sure doesn't have sleepless nights about it.

The only reasons I can think of to still vote are:

1. You belong to a group that was historically disenfranchised. (Because of this I try not to dissuade women from voting anywhere, for example.) No matter how pointless the election is your participation in it is a vindication of struggles that took too long and cost more than they ever should have to win. For me personally this doesn't resonate very much, but Jewish emancipation is a bit of a mess, and possibly not so much actualized as it was resolved by giving us our own place to be assholes in.

2. You think it's important that your decision be reflected in the popular vote. That means something, but I'd also point out that the Democratic Party has recently lost 2 elections in which they won the popular vote and their solution to that problem was what exactly? These results aren't going to fuel a (peaceful) political revolution to correct the inequity in the system, they appear to have merely provided a pretext to chase after voters with some of the worst politics in the country.

That said, I also pointed out that this year looks to be very different. It's possible that whomever wins gets so few votes that they have even less legitimacy than a president who wins in a normal ~55% turnout year. If you live in a state that prioritizes voter suppression and you belong to the dominant minority, I think it's worth contemplating that this year your vote might count. Of course if you live in such a state voting also probably means risking your life and / or long-term health and I can think of few things less deserving of those than a U.S. federal election.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
whoever's running the democratic party doesn't seem to give two fucks about democracy or the voting process despite how much it would benefit them, so i'm having a real hard time giving a shit myself
pcp

james

whoever's running the democratic party doesn't seem to give two fucks about democracy or the voting process despite how much it would benefit them, so i'm having a real hard time giving a shit myself

Remember when Puerto Rico voted to be a state and Obama said lol i don't give a fuck

shosta

umpteenth time you've posted something along these lines and I genuinely want to know, are you aware that the whole left wing media apparatus is laser focused on the post office right now? It's a major pillar of the election propaganda.
每天生气

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #65878 on: August 13, 2020, 04:49:32 PM »
A lot of the arguments for Kamala right now remind me that I'm still not a Democrat and this is only a temporary alliance between the two of us to oust Drumpf.

It's funny how so many Democrats describe Drumpf and Republicans as a literal death cult with a cult-like mentality that adhere to its leader with zero accountability, but a lot of the criticism for Kamala by Dems is being seen as a threat, support for Drumpf or outright non voting. The emperor wears no clothes, unless it's your emperor it seems, truly showing Democrats to be just as cultish as Republicans. One week it's "we need to hold Drumpf accountable", the next week it's "we can hold Biden and Kamala accountable once they're elected" and "can it wait till November?"

I just want some actual leadership and positive action regarding fucking covid at the federal level at this point. Other countries are far closer to normal day to day life than we are. Once it's safe to exist again we can all storm the Bastille or whatever, lord knows they all deserve it. :punch :gun
Hi

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

So what is your suggestion for fixing this since voting is a state level process and in the south where voting is disenfranchised the most, republicans control state houses which govern this and democrats only control the house on the federal level?

Protest more? Talk about it constantly more?