Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 214892 times)

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
Re: FFXIV
« Reply #1560 on: April 29, 2019, 07:12:13 PM »
I am really loving this. Takes a while to scratch the surface, and I almost threw in the towel, but as I started getting some decent story quests, met minfilia  :-* joined a grand company and unlocked airship travel it really started to click. felt super lost and bored at the beginning.

playing a scholar on aether dc, chose the faerie server because it sounded pretty gay. seems like a correct assumption. definitely keen to get into the party content but for the minute enjoying soloing and learning things slowly.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 07:16:23 PM by naff »
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #1561 on: April 29, 2019, 07:45:45 PM »
not sure about this doubling own on the furry with shadowbringers

◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #1562 on: April 29, 2019, 08:10:13 PM »
Haha, yeah. Definitely furry expansion.

I'm having a good time leveling my Dark Knight. Hit lvl.58 the other day so almost through Heavensward, really starting to enjoy tanking when it gets second nature and you don't feel so much pressure. Having fun doing level roulette playing different dungeons and tanking. Meeting lots of nice supportive people.

Also the AI in command squadron is so bad it makes the maps really intense and fun lol, I had an awesome run tanking The Vault (lvl.57) with an AI party.

The only thing about DRK is I feel like the 30-50 job plotline was a lot more interesting than the 50-60 one, but haven't finished it yet. I'm excited about bringing my DRK into Stormblood content soon.

naff

« Reply #1563 on: April 29, 2019, 08:20:51 PM »
tbh, i will probably switch to a Viera in Stormblood to show my support for femdom  :shaq
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #1564 on: April 30, 2019, 02:17:18 AM »
Hit 59 with my DRK, 1 level away from Stormblood woohoo. Only...4 million xp to go! :X

Bebpo

« Reply #1565 on: May 02, 2019, 03:44:16 AM »
Finished Heavensward content with my Dark Knight! Was funny when I hit 60 mid-DF-dungeon and my HP when from 14k to 30k as I equipped all my i255 gear from being like i145. My healer in the party probably appreciated when I became invincible  :lol

Started doing the Turtle/Snake beast tribes (had been doing the Ant/Owl dailies, got them a few ranks in and will finish them with another character I bring up at some point (probably a healer), already halfway to lvl.61 where the first SB dungeon content starts.

Now that I'm 60, I should try tanking some of Alexander normal just to get a feel for 8-man raids as a tank. Like even though I've tanked a few 8-man bosses like Ravana normal and run the 24-man Crystal Tower (well, just World of Darkness at this point) and a bunch of dungeons, there's a lot of "tank" stuff that I've never actually had to do. Like I've never done a tank swap because never done any content that needed it. I'm guessing Alexander raids might require that and be a good place to learn it. Also I've never had to learn upcoming tankbuster attacks and to pop cooldowns specifically to mitigate them. I just generally rotate all my cooldowns around so something is always running and mitigating during battles/bosses and when I'm taking too much damage like in a big pull I just pop everything all at once.

Anyhow tanking is pretty fun. Looking forward to re-experiencing the SB content. Since I never run the DF roulletes normally, most of the SB dungeons I've done like once, the first time going through the story. So doing it again now 2 years later will be fun re-visit, especially right before the next expansion content. I still need to run a few more of the HW things like Bismark/Thordan/Nidhogg and the rest of the 24man raids.

Bebpo

« Reply #1566 on: May 02, 2019, 12:38:58 PM »
Also I feel like my DRK is a game of thrones character now

Chooky

« Reply #1567 on: May 02, 2019, 08:21:13 PM »
i wanna get back into this so bad but every time i log back in i'm reminded that my ilvl sucks and the thought of trying to grind back up makes me exhausted

Bebpo

« Reply #1568 on: May 03, 2019, 02:53:43 AM »
What's your ilvl? It's pretty easy to catch up. Also the second the expansion drops, the cheapest easiest sold lvl.70 gear will basically outclass the highest ilvl gear currently out. So like your ilvl could suck and then you get the expansion and go to a marketboard and but lvl.70 shadowbringer gear and boom you're done.

I just noticed this as the lvl.60 Alexander Tier 3 gear / highest HW tome gear is i250, i255 and the entry level sells for 10,000 gil lvl.60 Stormblood gear is i265 (or maybe it was i255 don't remember). I basically just decked my DRK out in starting Stormblood gear at 60 which was better than all my rare end game HW gear.

Chooky

« Reply #1569 on: May 03, 2019, 12:11:37 PM »
i3(?)52 right now. I do completely forgot about the market board tho lmao. I was preparing to grind roulettes and raids and shit whew. I'll go check the mb when I get home.

Bebpo

« Reply #1570 on: May 03, 2019, 09:47:06 PM »
The world visit is awesome, I was able to buy Fashion Report gear on Balmung (the high pop. creepy server) for 80k and sell it within minutes for 250k on my own 2nd biggest server (Brynd).

Haha, nice. Yeah definitely potential to take advantage of markets. I know the first week world visit was out people from other servers were buying lots of stuff on our MB in Ultros. Was nice because the MB's been kinda dead at this point in the cycle. I'm a seller and make most of my gil just re-selling shit and stuff moves slow. Waiting for the new expansion to make a ton of money fast, though not sure what I need money for other than convenience for buying gear occasionally. I already have a Medium house and large house is too big for 1 person.

Bebpo

« Reply #1571 on: May 08, 2019, 01:36:10 AM »
Up to 66 with my Dark Knight, been knocking off about one level a day in 90 mins to 2 hours each night. Leveling queue 30 mins, latest dungeon 30 mins, beast tribe dailies, sometimes job quest and fucking around.

First time I’ve ever actually finished a Wonderful Trail since I do at least one lvl.60 dungeon a day and just keep retrying it with my second chance points. Got 300 genesis tomes which is pretty nice since the only genesis tomes I get are from occasional hunts giving me 10 or 30 for a rare SB S rank. Brings me to 960 Genesis tomes so gonna buy a i380 body piece and upgrade it to i390 with my coins from Ivalice for my NIN.

Could replace my weapon with 1000 tomes, but I’ve my i380 HQ crafted weapon and i360 body so I feel like it’s better spent on the body plus the gear looks neat.

Should be done with DRK in about a week and then will just gear him up with i360 mendacity tome gear and buy a piece or two so he’s ready for Shadowbringers.

Bebpo

« Reply #1572 on: May 09, 2019, 04:04:57 AM »
One thing about leveling with a 2nd battle character...I learned that mixed in with the "!" sidequests everywhere, if it shows an story image when you accept the quest then it's actually a multi-quest storyline complete with directed cutscenes! Been finding some fun ones spread around. If I level a healer at some point I'm gonna try to find and do all these types of story quests in ARR/HW/SB. Up to 67 now, 3 levels left! Gonna try tanking Lakshimi and Doma Castle dungeon tomorrow. Susano fight was pretty fun to tank.

Bebpo

« Reply #1573 on: May 09, 2019, 02:45:47 PM »
Yeah, for new custom deliveries/beast tribes I always have to use a guide to find the sidequest chain to unlock them.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1574 on: May 09, 2019, 04:39:53 PM »
Well I finished all of Hevansward and well it was really good. Decent story with a much better focus on a central core of characters. I actually really liked Estinein and the Shivva girl(sorry names...I'm not good at them). And man is the voice acting much better post ARR. I'm also really impressed at how they keep the story going past the main expansion and how it transitioned into Stormblood. The story feels very evolving, almost like a good a tv show. Which is honestly not something I expected from a FF game.

Anyway, I'm at 66 with my Monk which is my favorite job still. Just feels great to be in constant motion. I'm also level 65 with Astrologian which is my 2nd favorite job. Just having to make on the fly choices with my buffs and newer 60+ skills is really fun and tests my skill. I've been leveling a 64 now Samurai mostly though Raid and MSQ Duty which honestly means I didn't have to really know how to play. I've started taking that job through the Leveling Duty and it's fun. A bit less hectic and focused on a simpler rotation then MNK, but still fun. I also want that outfit that makes you look like Auron from FFX. I guess thats the level 70 Job quest reward. Started Ninja and it's ok. I'll level SCH, NIN, and PAL once I'm done with the formally mentioned three.

Bebpo

« Reply #1575 on: May 09, 2019, 05:13:16 PM »
That’s a lot of jobs!

Glad you’re enjoying it. Yeah feels like a TV show with seasons. Lots of fun content & I just enjoy chilling in the various areas because they have nice music and good art direction.

Bebpo

« Reply #1576 on: May 09, 2019, 07:36:47 PM »
The talk about the new FF7R trailer makes me wonder why square hasn't implemented an FF14 combat system in a single player FF.

FF14's Crossbar battle system on a controller feels way more "action" and interactive than FF12's auto-play and is still realtime-ish enough to appease the arpg fans. Just feels like it'd be a good middle-ground for a single player FF that's not turn-based and is not fully FF15 action.

Bebpo

« Reply #1577 on: May 10, 2019, 01:35:00 AM »
Made it to 68. Did Doma Castle (67) and my lvl.66 HQ crafted gear armor was melting. I'd never seen anything like this in the previous dungeons and I have a very sneaking suspicion this was more to do with the healer in our team as opposed to something wrong with my armor/cooldowns. Had one death like 5 enemies into the map and after that just pulled one small group at a time and even then my HP would be sinking between souleater HP regen attacks at the end of my 1-2-3 combo.

Since I need like 9.5 million lolz to 69, probably will end up running Doma Castle at least once more so will be interesting to see if I have the same experience with a different group.

I tried to also run Lakshmi and the queue timer popped when I took a break to pee and missed it and then I tried again and 25 mins later it still didn't pop so I just bailed cause I'm tired. Will try again tomorrow. Also just realized I have a lvl.68 job quest I can do, so will do those next.

Bebpo

« Reply #1578 on: May 11, 2019, 01:52:13 AM »
Hit lvl.70! Was kind of a surprisingly small deal gearing up lol. Like one minute I'm struggling on the last few SB maps at being geared enough and surviving mobs and the next minute I just buy a full i380 set for like a million gil and I'm i366 and can do everything non Ex/Savage in SB and ready to go into Shadowbringers.

So now is probably a good time to read a guide on how to play the job  :lol
I've just been winging it so far which was fun trying to figure out the best use for each skill, but I'm probably doing it wrong. Like I thought Abyssal Drain was worthless until I started getting destroyed in the mobs in the last 2 maps in Stormblood, both losing HP and struggling to keep enemity and then I was like wait Abyssal drain is AoE recovers HP & Enemity, maybe that's my AoE I just be using for mobs and yeah that was a game changer. Not sure the best use for the lvl.70 ability Blackest Night. I struggle a bit keeping my MP up as DRK and that costs a lot of MP and is only good for 7 seconds so ehhh, will need to read a guide.

I also need to learn how to tank swap. I've yet to do it once! And never used Shirk yet! Because obviously it doesn't apply in dungeons and in the normal mode bosses I've fought there hasn't been any need to tank swap. Just one tank tanks and the other just acts as a DPS off-tank the whole fight. So I wanna learn that.

Tomorrow will try to learn some stuff and try to tank and beat Shinryuu and maybe try my hand at some Omega raid (normal) tanking and maybe Rabanastre tanking.

After this weekend though, planning on taking a break for like a month and then just come back for a week or two of last minute stuff with the FC before the expansion hits. I think I'll level up a healer during the next expansion but not before it. Dark Knight was fun though. I feel like Tanking is less movement on your feet dodging stuff since a lot of boss mechanics are only aimed at DPS/Healers and it's more just watching the boss move status to see when tank busters are coming to use cooldowns.

Bebpo

« Reply #1579 on: May 11, 2019, 04:07:10 AM »
So yeah I read a couple DRK rotation guides and the skills I thought were useless were really the secret best ones and the ones I used weren’t that good lol

Will be interesting to practice rotations tomorrow.

Bebpo

« Reply #1580 on: May 11, 2019, 09:37:58 PM »
Coming down sick bleh and mother’s day prep all day so only did a little practice and a run of Ala Mhigo dungeon. Feel pretty good about boss fight dps rotation with DRK. Noticed the bosses melted pretty fast with optimum dps rotation compared to what I’m used to.

Still having trouble with pulling multiple mob groups on endgame Stormblood dungeons. Was fine before that to grab 2-3 mobs at a time but to be safe just doing one mob at a time.

Bebpo

« Reply #1581 on: May 22, 2019, 02:43:04 AM »
Been taking a break from FFXIV after DRK hitting 70 until the expansion, but still log in every few days to update my wares on the MB. Also been running a few levels of Conjurer at a time just for the heck of it. Finally hit 30 today and got White Mage job. Dunno if I'll stick with it, but will see. The spell list doesn't look particularly interesting between 30-70. Stone II does 200 potency and then like 20+ levels later you get Stone III and it does a whopping....210 potency! zzzzzzzzz

I get it's a healing job, not a DPS attacking job, but still.

Ixion popped while I was doing that and because I could never get into Ixion any of the times when it came out, I still only had 6 ixion horns since Stormblood launched. Got there at the start this time and took Ixion down (even had top Aggro for a lot of the fight with my NIN :o) and got another 6 horns and finally almost 2 years later got my Ixion mount lol

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1582 on: May 22, 2019, 05:46:01 AM »
MNK, AST, and SAM at level 70. Starting a DNK and beginning to level up my SCH.

Finished Stormblood. Have to say that I didn’t like it as much as Hevansword. The Otthard stuff felt to much like filler and side track for the real conflict with Zenos and The Empire. Started skipping cutscenes a lot when you were in that tribal area.

Now I guess to finish the Stormblood “DLC”. I’ll try to Gear my jobs with the ready for raiding gear, but probably not much beyond that.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 12:28:35 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Bebpo

« Reply #1583 on: May 22, 2019, 11:38:20 AM »
Most people were the opposite haha, liked the Othard stuff but felt the Zenos/Ala Mhigo stuff was boring and drab. Plus Lyse kinda sucks and Heian is great.

Splitting it definitely caused pacing issues and it’s not as good as HW campaign.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1584 on: May 22, 2019, 12:48:54 PM »
I mean there's nothing amazing about the Zeno stuff. All and all a lot of the story beats and ideas in XIV are pretty unoriginal. But Zeno's has cool presence and is a classic villain thats easy to want to fight. Cool design and good voice acting go far. Also Foderla(whatever her name was) was also an interesting antagonist because it's easy to see that she's not 100% wrong. While the Othard villain was just kind of lame. Didn't really do much to see why she hates her people.

Chooky

« Reply #1585 on: May 22, 2019, 03:59:31 PM »
i started playing this again and i'm so rusty that it took me six tries to beat the damn ffxv crossover lol. i'm gonna stick with it tho since i want to catch up before shadowbringers. gotta at least finish the story and raids, although i think it's too late to do the extreme fights.

Bebpo

« Reply #1586 on: May 27, 2019, 06:30:37 PM »
Hey Rahx, what are some tips for 30-50 healing?
Got to 35 with my WHM and learning all this stuff.

Learning healer definitely gives me a better appreciation of healers when I play DPS or Tank.
As tank when my HP is dropping too fast in pulls or on bosses I thought it was because the healer was spending too much time doing DPS and not healing enough,

But if it’s anything like what I’m experiencing at 30 as a healer, then it’s more likely they’re not healing more because they’re running out of MP.

I’ve actually started carrying around Ether items as a last minute save if I’m pretty low on MP after healing a big tank pull and then a boss fight is starting. Also the Era FC taught me that Lucid Dreaming refresh regens MP so that helps. They also taught me that I should be mainly using the cheap MP heal and saving Cure II which costs double MP for saves.

Also separately I tanked Rabanastre with my DRK and joined some hunts and I realized that learning DRK in a month and then not touching it for a couple weeks, I remember the general rotation for single enemy boss targets, but I’ve totally forgotten how to tank mobs. I feel sorry for whoever is in my party for the first Shadowbringers dungeon as I try to remember how to keep group enmity.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1587 on: May 28, 2019, 04:15:10 PM »
Heals 30-50 should be easy. Main habits to get into is not overhealing/not going OOM. Other main thing is to keep geared up, with instaparty you will probably level faster than you can gear all slots lol. Don't want to be reason your party sucks. If tank has terrible gear then there is not a lot you can do sometimes, but if you are geared pretty well can usually drag things through.

Did the Shadowbringers (who thought 2 "SB" xpacs in a row was good naming) bench and it didn't really hype me up for it much...seems a bit thrown together. There are some FFXI and XIV 1.0 vibes in there though.

Bebpo

« Reply #1588 on: May 28, 2019, 04:22:54 PM »
Hmmm, haven't touched the bench or watched any Shadowbringers trailers yet. I don't even know where we're going for the expansion  :lol

Just hope it's good.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1589 on: May 28, 2019, 06:43:06 PM »
Hehe I’m no expert on healing and honestly I’m not into the raid scene. Just the regular dungeon runs and those are pretty easy. It’s really just making sure to not over heels and yeah using the weaker healing spell over the stronger one is preferable. I don’t really play White Mage, just SCH and AST. I mean for SCH your main healing spell kind of sucks and is more about preemptive healing as Succor and Algonquin are more about the damage reducing, so it’s better to put them on a take as the battle starts. A lot of sch’s things are like that. AST has kind of two healing modes and I use the 2nd one so it’s more like SCH and also it makes it more apparent to not over use the stronger healing spell as you can Proc that spell.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1590 on: May 28, 2019, 06:44:32 PM »
But yeah I’m no expert.

I read the FFXIV forums and the way people talk about the battle system goes over my head.

Either way I switched to leveling my Pally as DRK is not something I’m grasping.

Bebpo

« Reply #1591 on: May 30, 2019, 04:38:04 PM »
So I'm not looking too much into the Shadowbringers job changes because I like going in blind, but I did glance at it and I'm not really happy that they're removing skills/attacks again.

I thought it was going to be like this:

ARR = Your set of skills
HW = More advanced, in-depth rotation set of skills
Stormblood = Cut a bunch of skills and add new meters and back to your set of skills rotation
Shadowbringers = more advanced, in-depth rotation set of skills
repeat.

But I guess they just never want to get rotations back to Heavensward complexities so every patch they will cut as many skills as they add so the rotation depth never changes much -_-

I enjoyed the like 3 months of Heavensward NIN I got to play after I caught up to 60 and before Stormblood came up. Current 70 rotation is fine, but it's definitely less exciting because there's less you have to keep track of.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1592 on: May 30, 2019, 04:46:55 PM »
Some jobs will be be more than others, but for most part yeah, rotations are likely about maxed out. Tune to the bell curve.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1593 on: May 30, 2019, 09:44:59 PM »
Friends talked me into resubbing because I was interested in DNC coming to the new expansion and wow I am lost. Logged in to some random camp of bug dudes with a bunch of quests I don't remember taking and a lot of X'd out skills in my action bars. :lol

BRD has really changed a lot and it's kinda weird now. I do like the new song gauge but it's kinda hard to tell what the songs do at this point but I'm getting the hang of it...just not doing much in the way of damage but that's mostly a gear thing I think. My two highest jobs are MCH and BRD (at 54 and 51) but I remember really not liking MCH so I'll stick with BRD.

Anyway I've been wanting some sort of MMO/long term progression game for a while and (WoW is just the worst trash right) and I fell right back into the game. Mostly doing side quests til I feel a bit more comfortable but I'm going to continue the MSQ tomorrow and I'm pretty ready to get into some FF story. I'll probably need a peek at a wiki to remind myself of what is going on. :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #1594 on: May 31, 2019, 01:36:18 AM »
Friends talked me into resubbing because I was interested in DNC coming to the new expansion and wow I am lost. Logged in to some random camp of bug dudes with a bunch of quests I don't remember taking and a lot of X'd out skills in my action bars. :lol

BRD has really changed a lot and it's kinda weird now. I do like the new song gauge but it's kinda hard to tell what the songs do at this point but I'm getting the hang of it...just not doing much in the way of damage but that's mostly a gear thing I think. My two highest jobs are MCH and BRD (at 54 and 51) but I remember really not liking MCH so I'll stick with BRD.

Anyway I've been wanting some sort of MMO/long term progression game for a while and (WoW is just the worst trash right) and I fell right back into the game. Mostly doing side quests til I feel a bit more comfortable but I'm going to continue the MSQ tomorrow and I'm pretty ready to get into some FF story. I'll probably need a peek at a wiki to remind myself of what is going on. :lol

I find the best way to get back in the hang of jobs is to read every attack's descriptor and make your own rotations and see if it's working.

I do hear that Stormblood fucked up Machinist and that the job sucks until like 64 now. People seem to like Bard though.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1595 on: May 31, 2019, 10:03:03 AM »
Yeah took a bit but BRD seems a bit simpler than before even though there's more buttons to press. Seems to be just keeping DOTs and songs up, spam Bloodletter and Heavy Shot, and then use Straight Shot/Misery's End when it lights up.

I really like ranged combat more than melee in 14 so I'll eventually get back to MCH, and probably DNC at some point too

Bebpo

« Reply #1596 on: June 01, 2019, 03:05:56 PM »
Did Qarn (lvl.35) with my WHM. Regen is fun! Nice to be able to cast it and for smaller stuff not have to worry about healing the tank much and just dps. Also switching to using Cure I instead of Cure II fixed all my problems. Still heals enough (and get free Cure II heals sometimes) and my MP, especially with Lucid Dreaming refresh pretty much never got anywhere below 75% in the run.

Healing's starting to get fun. The pressure of keeping your tank healed/buffed while dps-ing the enemies with DoTs and attacks, while watching out for any allies needing a heal, while also watching your character/enemy to dodge shit is pretty exciting.

In a lot of ways, it seems like Healing is the most intense of the 3 to me.

For a lot of the time as tank you're just standing still wailing on the boss or mobs and on bosses most of the boss attacks don't even aim at you so you can just sit and do your rotation. Mobs actually seem a bit tougher as tank because you need to keep you buffs/heals up or you'll fuck over your healer and die too quickly.

DPS is moderately challenging because you need to dodge the enemy attacks (which can be a lot at times) and do your rotation.

Healer has a lot of the same attack patterns to dodge + healing, though I guess the rotation is probably simpler than DPS/Tank because you're constantly switching back and forth to heal so you're not doing a long rotation but a few short attacks rotation between heals.

Also if the healer dies, everyone dies. Whereas if the tank dies the healer can resurrect and still probably save the team in time and dps dies who cares unless there's dps check.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1597 on: June 03, 2019, 12:57:25 PM »
So I'm almost at 60 with Bard and figured it was time to look into getting the next expansion....and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do that right now. I could buy Stormblood for $40, but then in a month I'd need to get Shadowbringers for another $40. Oh, but Shadowbringers also comes with Stormblood...except I can't use that Stormblood key until July (according to the product page on SQEX store). :dizzy

So...I guess I just won't buy either and just wait til after Shadowbringers release, cause it seems sorta silly to spend an extra $40 when I don't need to. :lol What a dumb setup, not even sure if I'll keep my sub going or just cancel and wait it out.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1598 on: June 03, 2019, 01:12:44 PM »
SE  :lol

I'd totally wait till July, you will get to miss the crashes/bugs, bottlenecks, price gouging, etc. Although I guess it is kinda fun.  :awesome

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1599 on: June 03, 2019, 01:24:32 PM »
I enjoy the fuckery of day one expansioning, always a good time in WoW

At least Dancer starts at 60 so once I get both xpacs I can just hop right into Stormblood and do 60-70 MSQ as Dancer. I still may pre-order to get those 30% XP earrings though. If nothing else they sound pretty useful.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1600 on: June 03, 2019, 02:15:43 PM »
Can you do that? I don’t think you unlock new jobs until you have cleared certain parts of the MSQ. Like I don’t think I could get Samurai until I finished the Heavensword story.

And the earrings are useful. I just made a pre-order at GameStop for $5 and got all the bonuses.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1601 on: June 03, 2019, 02:30:57 PM »
I can't find anywhere listing the requirements yet so it was just a guess. I hope I'm able to, cause it'd be a real bummer otherwise.

edit: this reddit comment says there was no such restriction on SAM/RDM so I'm hoping that sticks for DNC
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/b5bo6z/dancer_question/ejcgmss/
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 02:44:50 PM by nachobro »

Bebpo

« Reply #1602 on: June 03, 2019, 02:43:56 PM »
Pretty sure you can get any of the new jobs when you hit the level. So if you're lvl.60 you should be able to get Dancer right away.

They realized they fucked up putting the new lvl.30 jobs in Ishgard which you can't reach until lvl.50 so that's why in SB Samurai and Red Mage are back in the starting towns to begin their job quests. Dancer/Gunblade should be the same.

I had one of those :duh leveling queue runs as healer where the tank was new, didn't know how to tank stance, was way undergeared and had no idea where to go so everyone was getting hit and it took forever and I had to heal 100% of the time to keep the undergeared tank alive. Playing leveling queue as healer makes me feel better about how I play other jobs. I may not be perfect rotation or anything but at least I'm not as bad as some of the people I see...

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1603 on: June 03, 2019, 02:46:08 PM »
Yeah it seems Dancer is unlocked in Limsa so I should be good :D

I guess I'll just spend my time leveling some other jobs...might be time to actually get into gathering/crafting. I never did those jobs in ARR cause I hated them so much in 1.0.

I haven't died or come close to dying in any dungeon since my return so I must be doing something right. However I keep forgetting to use limit break on the last boss because I'm used to BRD having a shitty healing LB so I just ignore it until someone reminds me in the chat :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #1604 on: June 03, 2019, 03:26:26 PM »
Gathering is ok, but I always gotta warn everyone not to go down the crafting hole. So many hundreds of hours of life wasted for nothing. And once you start doing it, it's hard to stop...

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1605 on: June 03, 2019, 03:32:02 PM »
Crafting is fine if you don't go crazy with it.

Elysium Eulmore looks awesome.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1606 on: June 03, 2019, 03:34:24 PM »
I mainly just want to pass the time and make some gil so I may stick just to gathering. Crafting was painful in 1.0 and boring as hell in WoW so I'm okay just leaving all that in the past, I only did it in those games because some gear was required to be crafted

Speaking of, how much is a good amount of gil these days? I'm at 5mil and that seems pretty low.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 03:46:47 PM by nachobro »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1607 on: June 03, 2019, 04:34:15 PM »
No idea, I have like 30M, and I am going to hold on to as much as possible. MB prices are way lower than what they used to be.

Bebpo

« Reply #1608 on: June 03, 2019, 05:23:21 PM »
Crafting for money is zzz. I've spent like 500 hours getting max crafters across the board fully geared but I make more money just re-selling NPC goods and selling whatever my retainers bring me back than I do crafting.

The problem with crafters is that crafting is worthless unless you have all crafters leveled since they share skills and 8 jobs is a fucking lot. Then you spend hundreds of hours and get all your crafters maxed and 95% of the stuff you want to craft you go to buy the mats and then check the MB for the finished crafted item and see that most of the time the finished item on the MB is cheaper than buying the mats to make it so there's zero point in crafting it.

Like for me the most fun part of crafting is early on in a new expansion where you gather everyone item in each new area and then you're like "oh wow, what can I make out of it?" and then you make stuff you can use or you sell.

It's also nice when leveling a new battle job since older low level gear will be like 30-60k for HQ on the MB and you can make it in 30 seconds for like 1k in mats.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 05:39:43 PM by Bebpo »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1609 on: June 03, 2019, 05:34:24 PM »

We in there! :lol I just wanted the earrings really, those are gonna pay dividends. Too bad they don't work for gathering classes

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1610 on: June 03, 2019, 06:40:39 PM »
SAM is also unlocked in Uldalh so that doesn’t mean anything and I guess you just needed a level 50 job. I don’t know you’re probably fine. I was wrong.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 07:30:29 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1611 on: June 03, 2019, 11:02:26 PM »
I preordered today once I found out about the earrings as well  :lol

All crafters/gatherers at 70 anyway, but I think only my WHM is at 70? I tried playing around a bit this afternoon but my hotkeys are an absolute horror, sucks they are client-side. I remembered that was why I kinda quit. So now I am on MSQ 4.2 and will chug through. I think there is a bit of content from here to the end.

I didn't even know they rebuilt!

Bebpo

« Reply #1612 on: June 04, 2019, 01:54:48 AM »
You guys didn't know about the earrings?  :lol

How do you think I leveled my DRK to 70 last month and am leveling my WHM now? +30% xp ftw.

Bebpo

« Reply #1613 on: June 04, 2019, 02:48:32 AM »
Speaking of that nice earring xp, was getting 297% xp on chains in Stone Vigil just now. Actually starting to see the end of my rest xp bar which I haven't seen for almost 2 years! Up to lvl.43 WHM now. Just wanna get out of ARR.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1614 on: June 04, 2019, 10:42:55 AM »
Did a dungeon (Aery?) with a father/son tank/healer combo last night and it was pretty funny. The dad kept pulling massive packs and the son was having trouble keeping up and was complaining the whole time while the dad kept saying "I'm trying to teach you hardship, son". Right as the instance ended and we were leaving the son just said "I'm adopted" in party chat and left the instance. :lol

Also there was a Red Mage in that dungeon and it seemed like a cool job so I went to check out the starting quest and got bodied cause I need Stormblood. :-\ I'll add that to my list of shit to do in July lol

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1615 on: June 07, 2019, 09:26:09 AM »
Decided to play BRD some to re-acclimate to game some, got 56-60 relatively quickly by doing some PoTD and squad missions (infuriating). Remembered basics of crafting, and it is nice to be able to craft HQ weapons/accessories for next to nothing. Seems there is demand so made a few and threw the rest on the market. Market for many materials I checked has crashed, could make a good bit pretty easily if I wanted to waste an afternoon of my life.  :lol

Should be at a place where I can heal the 5.2 (3?) trial without killing too many people in a day or so. Also, understand a lot of people are coming back now in order to get caught up, but there are already queues on Sargatanas in the evenings, the launch is going to be a cluster.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1616 on: June 07, 2019, 09:39:55 AM »
Hey I'm on Sarg too...or I will be today. Started there with GAF in 1.0, moved to Excalibur in Heavensward to play with some other friends but they all quit now so I'm moving back to Sarg to play with the Blue Dot people again :lol

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1617 on: June 07, 2019, 10:53:23 AM »
I am still in DOT  :lol

I am Kitty Glitter lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1618 on: June 07, 2019, 10:57:19 AM »
nice! i'm tacoface delicioso. was gonna transfer over while i was at work but i forgot i needed my security token to log in :lol

i apologize ahead of time for any dungeons we run together

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1619 on: June 07, 2019, 02:15:13 PM »
Sounds like SCH is going to suck in 5.0. Decided to start working on a WHM.

AST and MNK are my favorite jobs though. I’m a little worried about AST as the randomness and decision making with the cards is what made it fun. And that’s been dumbed down a bit it seems.

Excited to try out Gunblade and honestly Dancer.