Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 215075 times)

studyguy

Re: I got FFXIV
« Reply #1320 on: October 25, 2017, 02:10:46 AM »
Ultimate 420 noscope coil of bahamut looks cool but lmao fuck if I'm ever gonna beat that.
pause

SpeedStats

« Reply #1321 on: October 25, 2017, 02:59:58 AM »
Been watching ultimate coil streams since I got home from work and it looks really awesome.

Shame Sunblade hasn't been able to play for a while cuz of hurricane Maria, otherwise we'd do more.  :(

All I've been doing lately is levelling shit without him in tow cuz I'd feel bad if I cleared stuff he didn't and I'd rather have him along so...

On Dragoon now. I forgot how I didn't like it much, tbh. I left it as one of my last DPS to level since I play Healers/MCH/NIN/RDM/BLM instead. I hate tanking so I'm leaving that for dailies.

I feel like I'll regret having levelled crafters so soon after launch but hey that's how I made the money for a house I never got to get :/
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:24:41 AM by SpeedStats »

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1322 on: October 25, 2017, 04:31:02 PM »
haven't looked at any of the new coil stuff bc i will never even consider doing it, but did they add in anything new besides mechanics?
pcp

studyguy

« Reply #1323 on: October 25, 2017, 04:33:04 PM »
haven't looked at any of the new coil stuff bc i will never even consider doing it, but did they add in anything new besides mechanics?

They added fucking players in the ass, it's actually the main draw.
pause

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1324 on: October 25, 2017, 04:37:21 PM »
wait that was in the original version too. this must be dp or something.
pcp

studyguy

« Reply #1325 on: October 25, 2017, 04:39:51 PM »
wait that was in the original version too. this must be dp or something.
It's actually Twin, Nael & Bahamut running a train on you.
pause

« Reply #1326 on: October 25, 2017, 06:38:40 PM »
Been out of commission for a month now cause Maria took away my power and internet. I feel so behind.  :'(

That's sad to hear about Sunblade. Hope he comes out of it well.

Thanks. Things are slowly getting better, so god knows when I'll be in a situation resembling normal again.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1327 on: October 25, 2017, 10:40:32 PM »
Glad you're alright.

Now back to threads for games I actually play.

jooooooin uuuuusss

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1328 on: October 25, 2017, 10:47:14 PM »
yeah do it Wrath you're not doing shit else

there's unlimited free time on the demo!
pcp

« Reply #1329 on: October 26, 2017, 03:37:35 AM »
All the platforms play together on the same servers. And even picking the right server is almost moot thesedays since cross-server parties and even friend lists became a thing.  :rejoice

Bebpo

« Reply #1330 on: October 29, 2017, 07:39:13 PM »
Played a session for the first time in about a month to do the Halloween event. Man, this is such a nice game. Everytime I load it up for the first time in a while it's just so much fun again and lots of little things to do and cool world to run around in. Halloween event was great, ran the haunted mansion 3 times and had different objectives on 2 of the 3 which kept it fresh and fun.

Some of the people I know who play have ditched their subs at this point post SB, but I don't see myself ever unsubbing until it's all over. It's just a nice game to pick up and play here and there. I still gotta do Skalla and finish 4.1 MSQ. Maybe I'll try tonight.

Shrew

« Reply #1331 on: October 31, 2017, 11:33:29 PM »
So everyone hates Praetorium, eh?

Can I fish my way to level 70? Cuz fishing's legit.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1332 on: October 31, 2017, 11:36:12 PM »
you can fish your way to a level 70 fisher, yes. all classes level separately though so it's not gonna do you much good in dungeons. and everyone hates praetorium their first time bc is filled with cutscenes that you'll have to skip to keep up.
pcp

Shrew

« Reply #1333 on: October 31, 2017, 11:56:36 PM »
you can fish your way to a level 70 fisher, yes. all classes level separately though so it's not gonna do you much good in dungeons. and everyone hates praetorium their first time bc is filled with cutscenes that you'll have to skip to keep up.

Coming from WoW, the mandatory dungeon thing is throwing me off. I'm fine with it, whatever, just hate feeling like I'm pissing other people off who are doing it for their Roulette thing.

In the same vein, I asked my Clan what they wanted from me, what I could do to help. "Just play". I'm like, ok, do you need mats and shit? "No."

The game is cool as hell, just mad culture shock. My mouse died during a Dungeon, I panic and ALT 4 looking for some batteries, before just shutting my comp off. Come back online 10 minutes later, and my group was still there waiting for me.  :heartbeat

SpeedStats

« Reply #1334 on: November 03, 2017, 01:37:39 PM »
So everyone hates Praetorium, eh?

Can I fish my way to level 70? Cuz fishing's legit.
I actually had to go with part of my FC for Prae/Castrum at the time where Sunblade and another member were tanks so they held up the raid so I could watch the cutscenes. We were lucky we had a few other folks in the party who were new. It was the night before maint for HW so it worked out pretty well. I was so touched I ended up deciding to buy HW (this was before Sunblade and I were together and I didn't realize he had ulterior motives by being excessively nice to me 🤔). They said they might eventually change up how prae / castrum are done because it is a bit of a mess. Maybe make it a single player instance.

Also when you get to Fisher 61, you unlock spearfishing and I thought it was pretty fun and it was really easy to level. You didn't have to have bait and the fishing gig they give you at unlock is the only gig you'll ever get so you don't have to spend money on anything. I usually gather as botanist but fisher was my first gatherer 70 because it was made so much easier with spearfishing.

Bebpo

« Reply #1335 on: November 17, 2017, 03:33:24 AM »
So I haven't played this for a few weeks, and even then was just one day doing the halloween event and one day running Mastuno map when it came out. Otherwise haven't really played it seriously for almost 1.5 months now.

The time away from FFXIV has kinda let me step away from it and I look back wondering why the fuck I spent hundreds of hours of my life leveling crafting classes and hundreds of hours selling stuff on the MB daily (multiple times a day), the hundreds and hundreds of hunts for gil & tomes, and all the hours and hours spent on treasure maps (which are fun once in a while but just a waste of time on a regular basis). I mean in the end the crafting classes have been useless and the gil pretty useless. Sure I bought a house, but I'm probably gonna lose my 20 million gil house from not logging in for 45 days because who cares. Basically playing other games has made me enjoy playing many other good games in the time an MMO takes up.

Now, I don't regret my time hanging out in Eorzea, or time on the main story, the sidequests, the raids & ex bosses and learning and beating their patterns. That was all great (well some sidequests were zzz). So definitely gonna keep playing, but my 6 month sub runs out at the end of the year and I'm thinking I'll kill my 2 extra lvl.70 retainers and cancel my sub and just come back for a month every 6 months and do the new MSQ, raids, ex-bosses, sidequests over 20-50 hours.

Ideally I should try to finish Alexander Savage, Omega Savage V2-V4, and Shinryuu Ex (and MSQ 4.1) before the end of the year so I'm at least caught up in battle content. Just gotta make some time for it, because when I'm playing other stuff I feel like I don't have the time to sink into FFXIV right now.

Also never, ever, ever touching another MMO after this outside FFXIV's successor at some point where I'll probably jump in at the start but stick to the battle content.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1336 on: November 20, 2017, 12:02:52 AM »
i'd try and sell your house at least, before you go. the extra gil could help you gear up when you come back after a long break.
pcp

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1337 on: November 20, 2017, 08:17:42 AM »
i'd try and sell your house at least, before you go. the extra gil could help you gear up when you come back after a long break.

Def, sell your house. Not a great time to sell as there is a bit of uncertainty over the next update, but losing that much over nothing is going to get you mad at yourself one day lol.

I am 4 levels of BSM/ARM away from all crafters at 70. That's probably going to be my endgame for now, I don't think I feel like spending the money to be a bleeding edge crafter or anything. Possible I finish leveling my BRD (got to like...58?), but I'll probably be taking a bit of a break soon, lot of other stuff to play.

Still, game is only 10/month and I generally get that much enjoyment out of it, will probably keep sub going for a while yet.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1338 on: November 20, 2017, 08:28:13 AM »
yeah now that i have a house i'm working on my crafters with my sub time. they're all only in the 40s so i have a long way to go, but there's already a lot of different furniture to make or sell. it's not something i wanna log in every day to work on, but it's something fun to do when i want to be in eorzea.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1339 on: November 20, 2017, 12:06:17 PM »
I was under the impression you will get your account banned and lose everything if you try to sell a house because it is against the rules of service now.

Better to just let your house expire and go pick up a chunk of the value & all your goods from the housing NPC after.

« Reply #1340 on: November 20, 2017, 01:02:35 PM »
It falls under the many grey area issues that the GM team doesn't care for unless its abused. Like, officially, using third party parsers like ACT like literally every world 1st group for raids does is also against the TOS, but they aren't being used to harass other players so its never enforced.

Bebpo

« Reply #1341 on: November 20, 2017, 02:39:57 PM »
Not even worth a grey line for a couple thousand gil for me. I already got more gil than I could ever use if I'm out of the crafting game.
And I did read stories when I first was playing about people banned for selling houses. I was looking because I wanted to buy a house from someone.

I mean if it's two people who connected and made a deal elsewhere there's no way to track. But usually selling a house means putting a message on PF in other and then that can get you banned.

I do miss playing with you Sunblade and Speedstats and PT. If the ex-gaf guild wasn't so helpful I'd go back to Hyperion at some point. Having a guild with a 100+ active members is pretty helpful though for getting parties to do old high level content. Much better than pf, people don't get pissed off or drop after 2 tries and stuff.

« Reply #1342 on: November 20, 2017, 03:36:29 PM »
Replace couple thousand gil with a couple millions.   :tophat

Bebpo

« Reply #1343 on: November 20, 2017, 03:45:52 PM »
Whoops, yeah been a while.

Bebpo

« Reply #1344 on: November 27, 2017, 11:19:21 PM »
Logged in and did the November event since only 1 day left. Since I didn't play FFXI, means nothing to me, but the gear set is pretty nice looking!

Still debating whether to unsub next month...I'm assuming that if you are paying for extra retainers that if you unsub the extra retainers are deleted and you lose all their progress and inventory? Game costs me about $220 a year with 2 extra retainers on 6 month subs. That's a decent chunk of change if I'm not going to play it much in 2018. *edit* actually just googled it and found out you keep your retainers and their inv for when you resub. Maaaaaan, I really should just sub every other year for 6 months. 6 months would give me enough time to play the new expansion + catch up on previous new post-game stuff. Since I'm over crafting, kinda over the idea of leveling any other battle classes and just want to play the story & hi-end battle content, if I catch up, 6 month sub every other year should be plenty of time.

Will lose the house tho, oh well. Still have my guild Apartment which is more decked out anyhow.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 11:23:59 PM by Bebpo »

bluemax

« Reply #1345 on: November 28, 2017, 01:32:27 AM »
I finally hit level 50 on my first job.

Probably won't sub for December because of holidays/work.
NO

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1346 on: November 28, 2017, 11:07:30 AM »
now the real game begins
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1347 on: December 17, 2017, 05:32:21 PM »
Man, HW area music still gives me shivers down the spine. And it’s not even nostalgia because I played through all 3 msqs in the same year. It’s just the atmosphere for HW locations can’t be beat.

I logged in and finally queued and did the 4.1 MSQ dungeon, so now I can finish the MSQ but not super motivated because SB locale/story is a bit boring imo.

I hope the next expansion is stronger in locales. Gameplay-wise SB is great with dungeons & bosses and raids. But just walking around in the world is just ok.

bluemax

« Reply #1348 on: December 18, 2017, 10:50:25 PM »
Turns out my sub ended this weekend so I put in a few hours.

Didn't really get to see any of the cutscenes for the final dungeon of 2.0, and I got left behind. 8 person dungeons are crazy.

Quests that require you to do a FATE only the FATE doesn't Spawn suck.

The Hildebrand quest line (which I have not finished) is some really weird anime shit.

Sometimes this game does not explain stuff well enough, it took a lot of guess work and googling for me to get the right thing for a relic weapon quest.

Queued up last night (late I suppose 10pm PST) as a Samurai, the queues were so much worse than I'm used to as a Warrior. Might also be because I was doing hard mode dungeons?
NO

Bebpo

« Reply #1349 on: December 18, 2017, 11:11:57 PM »
DPS queues are like 5-25 mins. Tank/healer queues are instant. So if you're used to tank queues, it's gonna be slow. As DPS you learn to queue and do other stuff while waiting.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1350 on: December 18, 2017, 11:58:53 PM »
few things:

-you can watch old cutscenes in the inn; it's pretty much the only way you'll see the ending to arr since those last few dungeons suck
-dont bother with the relic quest; that's filler content from back in the day and it wont get you anything worthwhile

also lol bebs nice to see you're still here ;) the way i look at it is not how much i spend in a year but in a month. one month of the game costs me the same as one good takeout meal, so it's not enough for me to stress over. and even on months like this where i dont play as much i still find myself logging in for a few hours a week just to poke around and say hi to people. i swear for the few months i unsubbed i had withdrawls lol. but if you do unsub it's no big deal (aside from losing your retainer items but eh). you can always jump back in whenever so there's no real downside to walking away for awhile.
pcp

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1351 on: December 20, 2017, 04:34:27 PM »
few things:

-you can watch old cutscenes in the inn; it's pretty much the only way you'll see the ending to arr since those last few dungeons suck
-dont bother with the relic quest; that's filler content from back in the day and it wont get you anything worthwhile

also lol bebs nice to see you're still here ;) the way i look at it is not how much i spend in a year but in a month. one month of the game costs me the same as one good takeout meal, so it's not enough for me to stress over. and even on months like this where i dont play as much i still find myself logging in for a few hours a week just to poke around and say hi to people. i swear for the few months i unsubbed i had withdrawls lol. but if you do unsub it's no big deal (aside from losing your retainer items but eh). you can always jump back in whenever so there's no real downside to walking away for awhile.

This has pretty much been me since 2.0 launch  :doge

Bebpo

« Reply #1352 on: December 23, 2017, 09:27:38 PM »
Welp, cancelled my sub. Still have like 2 weeks left, but when I got the message from steam that the $100+ charge for 6 months was coming up...just wasn't worth it for how little I log in right now. I tried logging in today to do more 4.1 MSQ and the x-mas event, but idk as much as I really like the game, when I'm playing other rpgs it just feels kinda a drag and I'd rather spend the time with the other rpgs I'm playing. Like I feel FFXIV is the kind of game that I need to dedicate time to as my main game between other stuff. If I'm playing other rpgs I probably won't use it much and the monthly sub's a waste. I think I'll play it a few times in 2018 but each time I'll just sub for 1 month and jump in and play a bunch as the main game I'm playing at the time.

That said, I did appreciate the clapping bear in this xmas event.

Also I saw that the FFXIV Orchestra album is out. Gotta check that out!

And bonus probably final pic until I resub, my house (which I'm totally going to lose):

« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 09:31:43 PM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #1353 on: December 28, 2017, 04:32:51 AM »
I might stick with my sub after all. Didn't realize the next Omega raid set is out so soon. The weekly omega raid run was probably the most fun I had with SB outside launch day crazy stuff and treasure map groups. Hmmm, gonna try to finish 4.1 MSQ and see how I feel after it ends. My main problem with 4.1 MSQ is it's kinda boring? There's no exciting story contuining like after HW and there's no interesting Ascian crazyiness starting or other dimensional planet fights appearing or anything. It's just like hanging out with Lyse and figuring out how to rebuild and run ala mhigo. Need some sort of a new interesting story arc to grab me again. I'll see if that kicks in by the end of 4.1 MSQ, if not hopefully 4.2 MSQ is the kickoff for a new plotline.

Bebpo

« Reply #1354 on: December 29, 2017, 07:34:22 PM »
Welp, finished 4.1 and re-subbed for another 6 months. I'm a damn sucker, but I do enjoy this game whenever I sit down and actually play it. 4.1 MSQ started pretty slow since 4.0 MSQ didn't really leave a ton to build off, but I did enjoy the second half and the end combat scenario was good if a bit too scripted. Definitely much more interested in 4.2 MSQ since I greatly prefer the Doma characters/setting. I wonder how they're going to balance the whole Stormblood being 2 separate stories in different locations for the post-game. Keep alternating MSQs? Would be nice if they could make both work together since the main SB 4.0 didn't really do that too much.

Anyhow, gotta go do the 4.1 beast tribe unlock and 4.1 Hildebrand. Maybe I'll try Shinryuu Ex...

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1355 on: December 29, 2017, 08:22:36 PM »
I'm just hoping we'll get a nice sized section dedicated to the Xaela
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1356 on: December 30, 2017, 01:20:18 AM »
Wait, so 4.1 Hildebrand is like one 15 minute intro quests "actual Hildebrand quest coming later"? Seemed really short.
Unlocked beast tribe and did a few quests. Fun.
Ran Rabanastre again, had only done it once on release day, still a decent challenge with team chaos and fun. Got an i330 belt and used the coin to upgrade my helmet from i330 -> i340. Not bad.

Went around trying to get back in the swing of things and remember how all this worked. Kinda getting back in the swing of things. Was interesting to see how the market board's changed. Server is super dead on Ultros. My hunt linkshells are dead. Do people ever get back into hunts during the post-game patches? Or is it like hunting is popular for a few months after an expansion and then dead for 1.5 years?

I guess I need to unlock/try this new PvP mode and see how it is. Also need to try an adventurer squadron dungeon although when it released I heard the AI is so bad it's not fun at all.
Now that I finished 4.1 MSQ and unlocked M'Naago's collectibles I can get some easy scrips to gear out my crafters/gatherers if I wanted, maybe.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1357 on: December 30, 2017, 08:58:57 AM »
i think hunts are dead because 1. the rewards are easy to get and kind of useless right now and 2. the old hunts die waaayyyyy too fast and they really need to stick some extra zeroes onto their hp. it's annoying because i still need some more speed increases for arr maps.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1358 on: December 31, 2017, 01:12:28 AM »
Do you think they'll pick back up when the new tomestones are out since you can grind them for 10 tomes at a time (seemed like the fastest tome grind + cracked clusters = gil $$)?

Now that it's the end of the year, been thinking back on some of my favorite moments of 2017 and I think the night I spent doing 3 hours of Lakshmi Ex with a few of the gaf fc + randoms all learning it from start to end while dancing around killing each other while charmed was one of my favorite gaming moments this year. Susano Ex was real good too, learning the lightning dance back and forth. Omega Savage was good but a little less memorable since it didn't have those neat songs and felt a little too high-end and less fun/beatable during my attempts.

I wonder when the SB ost will come out, I really like the Lakshmi song.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1359 on: December 31, 2017, 10:26:04 AM »
i'd imagine so, since there'll be a rush to get the new gear and possibly some more materia for the raiders
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1360 on: January 08, 2018, 12:29:54 AM »
I tried that 48 player DoTA mode and besides no idea what was going on, did they mess PvP balance up entirely at this point? I would 1v1 Ninja DPS vs White Mage and somehow the WM would be able to self-heal fast enough to survive forever against a DPS attacking them non-stop? That was...weird. I'm used to PvP being the DPS v healer = healer dead in a few seconds...

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1361 on: January 08, 2018, 01:08:23 AM »
yeah you need multiple dps to take down a healer now. they'd be way too weak otherwise.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1362 on: January 08, 2018, 01:16:17 AM »
But that's why a healer is supposed to travel with tanks and dps to protect them? Healers feel like tanks now which is weird.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1363 on: January 08, 2018, 12:02:17 PM »
I feel like the idea is that a healer is strong enough to keep one person alive when it's being targeted by a single dps, so that teams will have coordinate more to effectively take down targets. tanks now seem great at stunning and interrupting people, so a good one can really fuck with casters.
pcp

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1364 on: January 08, 2018, 02:48:11 PM »
My SSD failed and upon reinstalling was reminded that almost all the settings/hotbars are locally stored.  :-\

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1365 on: January 08, 2018, 04:31:25 PM »
happened to me last year and i still haven't rebuilt everything. fuck trying to remember how i had 30 different crossbars set up :maf
pcp

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1366 on: January 11, 2018, 01:19:01 PM »
too lazy to redo everything so on break till maybe the weekend before patch drops. gonna get people killed  :lol

patch looks bigger than expected, I bet imma regret getting all craft classes to 70 before the labia quests dropped.

Bebpo

« Reply #1367 on: January 21, 2018, 06:46:38 PM »
Ok, so I've been back and kinda messing around with FFXIV a bit. Doing the new souveniers and getting tons of yellow scrips. I got to almost the max 2,000 limit and was like "ok, time to use them, lemme craft whatever HQ collectible so I can trade in for the i300 crafting gear.

Then I went to the MB and looked at what the highest crafting gear is for sale...and you can buy a full i320 gear/i325 tools outfit for like a million gil.

I'm so confused. I thought the idea was that for combat gear you can't buy your way to the top and the best you can get is like -10 ilevels from what you can get raiding. I would have assumed the same was for crafting/gather. That the best crafted gear would be -10 ilevels from what the crafting/gathering gear you can get from scrip trade ins is. So what is the scrip gear 20+ ilevels below what you can buy crafted?

Like what the heck am I supposed to even spend all these yellow scrips on? At least with red scrips I'm buying all the recipe book Vs (I finally got all the III/IV for every class), and for gathering red scrips you can turn in for the hidden mining/bot/fishing node areas.

But yellow scrips seem worthless right now? So confused.

Also, once the new patch comes out is it going to be easier to get a good weapon/creation tomes? Like I'm still running an i320 weapon and I've been saving up creation tomes to get 1000 to buy an i330 weapon which I can convert to an i340 weapon using the raid drop. I'm up to like 680 creation tomes now. Am I going to regret grinding the last 320 creation tomes I need to get my weapon from i320->i340 in a week because the new patch will be dropping i340+ weapons or creation tomes like candy? What level gear is the non-savage version of the new raid going to drop?

Bebpo

« Reply #1368 on: January 21, 2018, 07:08:21 PM »
Ok, I'm reading up on how HW gear progression went. So assuming everything is the same, when 4.2 hits in 9 days.

4.2 Raid tokens - i350 gear
4.2 Ex Trial - Maybe i350 weapon?
4.2 Savage raid - i370 gear

Hmmm, so still might make sense for me to get my weapon from i320->i340 since even if I get i350 gear from the normal mode of the 4.2 raid series I'll need to clear the 4.2 Ex trial (which will probably be tougher than the non-savage 4.2 raid series) a bunch of times to get an i350 weapon which might take a while.

At some point I still gotta watch a vid and try Shinryu Ex, but loot-wise not much point if it just drops i335 weapons since I'll be at i340 weapon soon.

Bebpo

« Reply #1369 on: January 29, 2018, 11:14:33 PM »
4.2 Patch notes up. Not bad, not bad at all....

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/75c691f90f4a7da3907f0671ac33e139e9792abf

"To ensure new players are able to enjoy the cutscenes in Castrum Meridianum and the Praetorium, all cutscenes in these dungeons can no longer be skipped.
Because this will increase the time required to complete these dungeons, completion rewards and Duty Roulette bonuses for these duties have been increased"

-man, some people gonna rage. Either that or queues gonna be impossible for these.

The Triple Triad icon displayed above NPCs will change depending on the player's standing with them.
The player has yet to challenge the NPC or has yet to win against them.
The player has won against the NPC but has yet to acquire a card from them.
* An icon will no longer display above an NPC when a player has both won a match against them and acquired all available card rewards.

This is cool and might get me to play some more TT

-New fashion mini-game in gold saucer
-New (hard) dungeon
-Crafting beast tribe
-New trial + ex trial
-New raid tier
-New MSQ
-New treasure dungeon rewards
-Hunts now give the new tomes so people gonna be hunting again!!
-Bunch of other stuff, some battle changes to tank/healers but nothing for NIN

Only change I'm iffy on is they're putting Matsuno FFXII/FFT raid into the Alliance Raid DR. My problem with this is if you do the DR, I'd imagine 95% of the time you'll just keep getting the FFXII/FFT raid over and over because people will be running it for the i330 gear sets which are still relevant. Like the whole reason I wanted an Alliance Raid DR was so I could play all the old ARs which are hard to get into now. I think they should probably keep the latest Alliance Raid Trio out of the DR each time.

Anyhow, this is pretty exciting. Feels closer to like 4.0's release to me. Will finish my crafters to 70 with the beast tribe, will gear up a bit and then finally do Deltascape V2-V4 Savage & Shinryu Ex, will do the new Raid tier normal, do the new trial normal + Ex, get back to doing some hunts and treasure maps for fun and loot. Will do the new Fractal (hard) dungeon & MSQ.

Pretty cool.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1370 on: January 30, 2018, 04:07:03 AM »
today's the fucking daaaaaayyyyyyy
pcp

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1371 on: January 30, 2018, 09:53:49 AM »
Will check out at least the story but I haven't really been on in a while. Wonder if any of my crap sold...

Bebpo

« Reply #1372 on: January 30, 2018, 04:33:07 PM »
Forgot that unlike combat beast tribes, the crafting one needs a chain of normal quests to unlock first :|

So poking around, some observations:

New raid tier (normal) = i350 set
New Ex trial = i355 weapons
New tomes = i360 set
New tomes + drop item = i370 set
New raid tier (savage) = i370 set

Creating gear:
Best purchasable/craftable = i320/i325 which was the same as 4.1 and completely outdated turn in seal gear that was i300
Turn-in gold seal gear = now the i300 gear upgrades to i330 gear making the best crafting gear available seal gear which makes more sense

One odd thing is I'm surprised with new Tomes there isn't a new class of Materia? Like I realized that hunts are still gonna be dead sadly. The reason people did hunts so much in the early months was a combination of easy way to get Tomes + cracked clusters for $$$. Now when there isn't new materia and Materia VI doesn't sell that much, people just do DRs for tomes instead of hunts. I'm guessing new Materia VII will come in 3.3? Then maybe hunts will be slightly more active but people won't need the tomes as much.

I think I'll do the MSQ first to unlock the new stuff you need to finish the MSQ for, then my upgrade route will be doing a few DRs and getting my 1000 creation tomes -> i330 weapon -> i340 weapon, then doing the new raid tier (normal) for i350 gear while getting tomes for the i360 gear and maybe I'll try to do the new Ex trial and get an i355 weapon. Can probably get somewhere between i350-i360 just from non-grind playing which should open the door into Savage raiding again.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1373 on: January 30, 2018, 05:38:18 PM »
I skipped the 4.1 tombstone grind pretty much so only lvl 303. Oof.

Had enough seals for a 330 augment, glad I never bought much ala mhigan stuff. Wish I woulda gotten more of the base yellows tho.

Bebpo

« Reply #1374 on: January 31, 2018, 03:19:13 AM »
Oh my god the first raid fight in Sigmascape
oooooooooooooooooooooommmmmgggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Glad I went into this patch blind!

So after doing that and having a great fucking time, I decided to grind duty roulette all night :lol since the creation tome payout is great right now and I was just like 250 tomes away + 1 Matsuno drop from an i340 weapon. Felt like if I'm doing the new raid content/Ex boss I really shouldn't be running some non-melded i320 weapon at this point. So did an AR DR (World of Darkness - still fun); lvl.70 dungeon DR (Kugane Castle - boring dungeon but Yojimbo fight's still fun) and then ran Rabanastre again (still good though the first two bosses are the best) and got my i340 weapon and melded some VI materia on it since I'll be using it for at least a little while.

Also got an i350 earring drop from the first raid of sigmascape, so both those brought me from i326->i332.  Feel like that's a pretty comfy point to do the rest of the Sigmascape (normal) raid tier and the new trial+Ex which would put me a little over i350 which would be a good entry point for savage. Definitely going to be playing a bunch again of this for the next couple of weeks.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:21:53 AM by Bebpo »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1375 on: January 31, 2018, 11:12:07 AM »
I am gonna do some roulettes and get relatively creationed out, by that time should be refreshed enough not to totally embarrass myself in the raid.

I am going in blind too tho, sorry guise  :derp

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1376 on: January 31, 2018, 11:17:16 AM »
Also this patch came in at perfect time to dissuade me from caving and buying more fullish price games i likely won't play much. Will wait and buy DBZ and MHW till...oh IDK I've at least taken PREY out of the damn wrapper.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:derp
[close]

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1377 on: January 31, 2018, 01:05:06 PM »
haha i hear you. i was trying to decide between getting a switch or getting mhw, but instead i'll just calm down and play some more ffxiv.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1378 on: February 01, 2018, 05:32:07 PM »
So I do all the quest chain to unlock the beast tribe thinking it's like the moogle chain and I'm gonna get my crafting tribe to get the rest of my crafters to lvl.70

...and it's another battle quest beast tribe  :'(

So the catfish dudes will be the crafting tribe after all in the next patch I guess.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1379 on: February 01, 2018, 10:31:20 PM »
i did the story stuff, which was good but i'm already desperate for more. there were also two sidequest branches that were really good. one was all story dealing with old characters, and i love how this game keeps the whole world moving at all times. all those little characters have arches that go right along with the story. i havent seen anything else like it except for the mass effect trilogy, but i really love it because it keeps the world feel so much more alive. the other sidequest had a fun and amazing-looking dungeon, and a new boss fight that was awesome. i can't believe they're still able to come up with new types of boss attacks but i definitely appreciate it.

looked into the new glamour system too and im not exactly sure how it works yet. i thought i'd be able to equip outfits without having my stats changed and without equipment taking up space in my inventory. so far that's what it looks like it's done, but i can't figure out how to unequip the glamour and go back to my regular outfit!

i'll save the beast tribe and the new raid for this weekend.
pcp