Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 217016 times)

Bebpo

Re: I got FFXIV
« Reply #1200 on: July 16, 2017, 06:04:05 PM »
My new plan for the HW Ex trials, since getting a party at sync or min ilvl is lol, good luck, is gonna watch the vids and conceptually learn and see what the fights are, then just clear then unsync to experience them somewhat, then 6 months from now when people are bored, I'll try to rally some players to form a group to do sync or min ilvl runs of old Ex fights for the thrill.

Did Bismark/Ravana. Now just need Nidhogg Ex and the Warring Triad Ex.

Might do the same for Alexander Savage since I don't see myself finding a party to do it sync at this point. Almost done with Scholasticate questline, it's better than Hildebrand but still kinda boring because it's just talking to people in a very long questline. I was looking at the Database and it looks like there's one other HW questline that I need to do after this, "Tales of the Dragonsong War" also apparently there was a 3 quest "Doman Adventurer's Guild" questline I missed that I need to do too.

Did Fractal Continuum which was ok, slighty more boring than Neverreap because interesting location, but bosses weren't as good as Neverreap. Have Pharos (hard), Shipbreaker (hard), Lost City (hard), Arboretum, Sohm Al (hard), Gubal Library (hard) left now in terms of dungeons I haven't done yet.

Also now that I have some background in what an MMO is, gonna try out The Secret World and see how it compares. Sounds like the non-combat questing like Hildebrand/Scholasticate type stuff is much better there with actual puzzles and gameplay instead of just talk to a person and then move and talk to a person and keep doing that for hours, but it also sounds like the combat sucks in that.

Bebpo

« Reply #1201 on: July 18, 2017, 02:21:05 AM »
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/782e44043959ae82ead5c6745dac3297a0083b69

Patch notes all over the place. Instances are back for all of SB again. Boo. Savage V3/V4 need i320 to get in >< New tomestones limited to 450/week. Lots of buffs to jobs. New treasure map dungeon.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1202 on: July 18, 2017, 11:14:29 AM »
so is there gonna be an exclusive Savage boss for this tier, or are they saving it for the end? a group just beat the third fight, so if it's this go-round we might know who the enemy is in the next few days (or maybe even today lol)
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1203 on: July 18, 2017, 01:02:46 PM »
There is one according to the data mine leaks.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Neo Exdeath
[close]

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1204 on: July 18, 2017, 01:52:54 PM »
that's..... oh.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1205 on: July 19, 2017, 04:50:26 AM »
My experience with a PUG in O1S where almost no one knew anything besides 2 people giving tips:

-fuck fuck fuck
-ouch ouch ouch
-LOL
-fuck fuck fuck
-I AM AMAZING
-but there's always like 2-3 people in the team that can't stop dying omggggggg
-But I feel bad ditching this team that wasn't to keep repair and requeuing because most are good people!
-3 hours later MY EYES BURN
-13%

So I appreciate the group I was with, they were good people and I went from knowing nothing besides the normal fight to feeling like I have the fight fucking mastered and can do a perfect DPS NIN run with like 5% margin of error. Had multiple runs without a death or mistake and whenever the tanks would die I'd always be top aggro, hell sometimes I would steal aggro when there was only 1 tank, so I feel pretty comfortable on my DPS. Spent like 1/4th of my TOTAL GIL BANK ACCOUNT on an i320 weapon for extra DPS to help since I was still running an i300 weapon and I have zero interest in running Susano Ex weapon farms with PUG from my experience with Susano Ex and pick up games.

Got down to 13-20% regularly before hitting enrage. We knew the mechanics and we're ok but too many people made mistakes and died every time killing our DPS with weakness. And that's only when the tanks didn't die wiping our team.

But like when you're with a team that's gone from scratch to 13% and wants to keep trying...it's hard to quit on them. So pretty much played all night until eyes bleeding with very little team improvement after the first 1.5 hours. Last 1.5 hours was just mostly consistent runs of always a handful of mistakes & deaths keeping enrage in the 15-20% range usually.

It's a fun fight. My first "launch-era" Savage where everyone isn't overgeared and overpowered making it easier. I was worried when people said O1S is a pushover and doesn't have new mechanics, but the way the fight plays out is pretty different than O1N. You really need everyone to know the patterns, the order of patterns and how to work together for a few things, and hopefully how to dps.

Will probably be able to pass it next time I play with a party where everyone knows what they're doing and get to O2S. We'll see.

Bebpo

« Reply #1206 on: July 19, 2017, 05:36:36 PM »
duckroll says FF14 is driving me crazy ;_;
I think I have an addiction problem. It's pretty much my main hobby outside work these days. I should take a break from it, but I wanna clear O4S if I can.... ;_; I've always been like give 110% in everything, so when I play an rpg I do like everything completion-wise, and when there's a challenge I'll fight a final/hidden boss until like 7am when I beat it. If I didn't have work I'd still be running O1S with different parties until I beat it. MMOs and my personality probably aren't a great mix. At least with normal games it's just a week or two and then the game is done and can move on to other stuff.  :'(

I am having fun with it fwiw!

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1207 on: July 19, 2017, 06:48:29 PM »
I knew you were in too deep when you said you were doing turn-ins daily lol. as with any addiction, it's not in crisis stage until it starts affecting your job, hygiene, and social life. take care of yourself man.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1208 on: July 19, 2017, 07:19:19 PM »
Yeah, I still do all my GC turn-ins and 3 moogle crafting quests per day, check my retainers in the morning and at night for ventures & updating sales, do my Omega normal V1-V4 runs per week, my souvenier collectible 6 allowances per week for scrips, my adventurer squad each day, and hunts for seals/verity each day when I see them on the linkshell and I'm online. That's like 2-3 hours a day before even doing quests/trials/dungeons or savage attempts. And at some point I want to start doing my WTs. FFXIV is my second job :'(

Bebpo

« Reply #1209 on: July 19, 2017, 08:09:03 PM »
I guess the one saving grace is that I don't do all my daily roulette like some people do (which would add like another 2 hours). I'm not a big fan of replaying old content and I pretty much hate dungeons since they're boring until the bosses and the bosses are usually too easy. Trial roulette is fun though. Honestly I can't wait for the Alliance Raid Roulette because I love those raids and it'll be fun to quickly jump into a random one. I wish there was a regular raid roulette as well that had Coil/Alexander/Omega. If they were worried about it being too hard they could just do Alexander Normal/Omega Normal roulette. 

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1210 on: July 20, 2017, 11:50:02 AM »
went on five runs in the new treasure dungeon and got fuck-all besides a shitload of crystals. our final run we even made it to the boss in the final room but wiped when the adds appeared :/ at least the map looks really nice.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1211 on: July 20, 2017, 07:55:17 PM »
I did the treasure map twice on Tuesday, we never got to the boss (floor 6 and floor 3) but I got the new elephant lamp which I put in the GAF FC house and then I got a bunch of clusters which I changed to Grade VI materia and sold them for 120,000 gil each for like 500k, so I thought it was pretty good.

Never did Aquapolis, but my understanding is it's the same thing with a different skin and HW quality loot?

Man, not playing FFXIV is hard. I have to keep myself busy doing other things to deny the urge to play. I don't think I've ever been addicted to a videogame because I only play SP stuff so in that case I just beat the game and it's done. Yep, no more MP/online games for me ever again.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1212 on: July 20, 2017, 11:47:02 PM »
yeah aquapolis is the exact same thing just different visuals and loot. i did it a few months ago and still got some ok money for the loot i got. there is a rabbit minion in there that sells for shitloads iirc. best i ever got was a pile of fucking leaves that for some reason sold for like over a million dollars.
pcp

G The Resurrected

« Reply #1213 on: August 09, 2017, 02:14:57 AM »
I'm looking forward to going through this game. I'm doing some research on how best to get through the story and mainline it. Any tips?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1214 on: August 09, 2017, 01:20:36 PM »
unlike what I've heard or seen of some other mmos, this one is very linear. you play through the storyline on each disc straight thru. there's little sidequests in each town and you each class has its own story as you level it up, but there's not much besides that. then once you beat the main story you'll continue on with it, but a bunch of larger side content will also be unlocked. large side stories with dungeons, super hard bosses, etc. eventually you'll get to the point in the story where you make it to the next disc expansion and the cycle repeats.

also like bu said always look for the blue wrist markers to unlock extra features or content
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1215 on: August 20, 2017, 03:59:57 AM »
Moonfaire event is pretty fun. Always fun hanging at a beach shooting off fireworks.

Bebpo

« Reply #1216 on: August 21, 2017, 01:38:11 AM »
Kinda casually back. Finished up the Scholastic questline (only had the final quest left) and got my Harry Potter suit. Was alright. Doing Tales of the Dragonsong War questline now. Finished up all the Moonfaire stuff, Hyper Rainbow Z is a great track!

Back to doing my GC turn ins (just buying the items, doing hunts for cracked clusters for materia to sell to get the money back). Ideally would like to get my crafters all past 60 by the time 4.1 hits in early October. That way if 4.1 has a crafting beast tribe I can then use it to get them all to 70. Just have a few at 58/59 left. Botanist hit 60 today so now all my gatherers are in SB.

Bebpo

« Reply #1217 on: August 24, 2017, 03:17:27 PM »
This game is so fun to just mess around with when you're bored. I have the day off and was up super early in the morning so I went on for a few hours. Did a ton of hunts that were popping every 15-20 minutes. In the off hours it was tough getting people out for a hunt, so we'd do it with like 8 people in a single team and it was kinda awesome! Some of the SB A ranks don't fuck around with small player counts like that and we had to learn the patterns (since there were no AoEs or even next attack indicators for one-shot attacks for some) and beat them like a raid boss. Was great! Got so many cracked clusters lol, between that and selling retainer goods, and selling NPC vendor items, and selling red scrip items that I can from my weekly souvenier crafting turn-ins (easy and takes 15 mins once a week and gives like 600-700 red scrips), I'm slowly making some money again despite the MB being slow as fuck on Ultros with most NPC vendor items constantly being crashed markets. Takes me days to sell anything, but with so many selling avenues each day I log in I usually pick up about 100-300k which covers my daily GC turn-in items + a little profit.

I think, in small doses, FFXIV's a lot of fun because there's just so much you can do either solo or with other people. I haven't done a raid, dungeon, roulette or trial or anything that requires a queue in about a month, which probably helps me enjoy it more since the 30 min+ dps queues can be kinda killer. But doing crafting/gathering/questing stuff and jumping on all the hunts that pop up while you're doing that is pretty fun. Even though they only pay out 10 tometones of creation (30 for S rank in SB), I'm still up to about 260 creation tomes now. Will either get the 395 hat or keep saving for the 875 i330 body. I'm i316 currently and guessing the next set of raid reqs for 4.1 will be i320 so hopefully can get there in another piece or two.

Probably good and not addicted or anything. Just having some fun in small bites. There's just something nice about running around the world of Eorza. Nice music, nice art, lots of things to do.

Bebpo

« Reply #1218 on: August 27, 2017, 07:38:43 PM »
That feeling when you run Omega V1-4 for the first time in a while and don't get a single drop besides the weekly crystal ><

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1219 on: August 27, 2017, 08:10:15 PM »
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1220 on: August 29, 2017, 12:53:41 AM »
They hit NIN hard with today's nerfs. First time since I started last December that NIN's taken a serious beating. Its two highest damage attacks were reduced from 2,000 -> 1,500 damage and 3,000 -> 2,500 damage. The first one is a 25% DPS reduction! ><

Glancing over the changes it looks like all they did was nerf everyone to do less damage to make DPS checks tougher, as if they already weren't tough because of the way weaknesses is handled post SB with -25% DPS on first death and -50% DPS on 2nd deaths and beyond. I thought they said they were going to work on buffing weaker jobs to make things more equal and not nerf everyone  :maf

*edit* lol I'm an idiot, changes are for PVP only. Everything is fine ha..ha...ha....

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1221 on: August 29, 2017, 08:53:30 AM »
i have so many other games I want to play, but every time I come home I end up logging in to this and playing all night. thing is I don't feel bored or like I'm endlessly grinding or anything, so...
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1222 on: August 29, 2017, 11:48:38 PM »
I feel that way too. Also when I need socializing, it's nice to be able to hop onto a place with real people everywhere and you can join up in a hunt group and immediately be part of 10-30 people hanging out.

Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

Bebpo

« Reply #1223 on: August 31, 2017, 05:53:46 AM »
Did trial roulette for the first time in forever, got Nidhogg 3.3 battle  :lol
And man did it make me glad I did it before SB came out. That fight was tough back then and a decent challenge with some wipes. Now the boss just melts like every other old boss and is easy.

Otherwise still doing hunts, doing weekly Omega normal runs lately because the fights are pretty fun. This week (tonight) was the first time running Omega normal where I felt the game the increase in gear since release. Even last week the PUGs I had still barely made DPS checks, but no wipes. This week the bosses' HP bar melted way faster for some of the fights and were quick and easy wins. Helped that no one was new this time so it was just people doing their rounds for missing i320 pieces. I'm almost at a full i320 set, maybe next week or the week after (i316 or i317) and I'll have enough creation tomes to change one up to i330 (saving for the body armor), so probably be around i321 when 4.1 comes out.

Tomorrow I hit lvl.60+ with all my crafters/gatherers, which means tomorrow is the last day I will ever do moogle tribe daily quests. Just have Weaver 3/4ths through lvl.59 right now. Everyone else has been hitting 60 in the last week. Been doing Ixali turn-ins just to finish up the Ixali tribe questline as well. Should open up the final quest in 2 more days of turn-ins.

A house went on sale tonight in Mist, medium sized lot, 17 million >_______< If it was under 10 million I probably would've bought it since I have ~11.5 million now. One day I'd like to buy a house just so I can use all my crafters I'm leveling to 70 to make all kinds of furnishing for it.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1224 on: August 31, 2017, 09:44:52 AM »
I'm hoping prices will drop after the new housing is released. i want a lot in the new area tho and am prepared to stay up and possibly be a huge dick to people to get it. if that fails I'll look into the old areas.
pcp

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1225 on: August 31, 2017, 02:31:05 PM »
I am still playing pretty daily but haven't done battle content since I beat SB MSQ.  :doge

Got miner to 70 and got millions from it. Bought top stuff and decided to bring botanist up as well (it was like 50ish?) while leveing up GSM for cheap with mined mats. Had enough to get HQ 70 craft set and then went and got full HQ 60 ironworks set. So kind of sorted for omnicrafts not counting scrip garbage. Been leveling rest of them but am now about ready for a break I think. Been playing too much and the end grind is a waste of time.

Let me just log rq to see if all that raziqcoat sold...

Bebpo

« Reply #1226 on: September 01, 2017, 03:42:09 AM »

Yay. May not be max level, but it definitely feels like a milestone having everything over lvl.60 now. If SB wasn't out I'd be maxed out, so only about 2 months behind. I did those 3 daily moogle crafting quests so many times omg I know every quest in that questline by heart. Today marked the last day I ever did them, and of course for my final set of 3 I got the 3 longest most pain in the ass ones  :P But yeah, not having to do the 3 moogle dailies will cut about 15 minutes out of my dailies which is nice.

Hmmm, so I see that the moogle crafting dailies didn't come out until 3.3. Gotta make the decision at some point whether to stop doing my GC daily crafting turn-ins and save all that gil so I can do the SB 60-70 crafting dailies beast tribe when it comes out at 4.3. Otherwise will have everyone to 70 by then and no point in doing the dailies if there's no xp gain. It's kinda dumb, the crafting beast tribe should come out in the .1 patch to avoid this issue of everyone having their crafters at 70 by then and making the xp pointless.

Also another thing, I've been sending out my adventurer squadron for months and months every day, switching around recruits and checking the chemistry after every mission and I have never gotten a single chemistry that brings crafting/gathering scrips which is annoying because I could use those. I feel like I'm never going to get that.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 03:48:08 AM by Bebpo »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1227 on: September 01, 2017, 10:58:31 AM »
There is a scrip chemistry? Wtf! I am locked to a single person with 40% DoL materia lol

Grats on getting all crafters to 60. Personally I am waiting on beast tribe somewhat for the 60-70. I am just keeping an eye on the dailies for cheap/easy ones and not caring too much. Gotten to point where, yeah I could turn all that in for next to nothing, but it would take time and it's a waste of $200k opportunity cost.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1228 on: September 02, 2017, 10:19:09 AM »
holy sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit 4.1 is gonna be sooooo good!!!!

https://imgur.com/a/EVk4q
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1229 on: September 02, 2017, 01:01:58 PM »
Cool stuff, but very odd choice having the Garo guy design monster bosses for Ivalice, style doesn't match Ivalice's sleek look at all.

Glad adventurer squad gets level cap increase. Maybe I'll finally get some damn scrip chemistry. Yellow scrips or lvl.VI materia would be nice.

Bebpo

« Reply #1230 on: September 02, 2017, 09:35:16 PM »
Was running maps with gaf (which takes a loooong time with 8 people all with maps and 3/4ths of the maps spawning the canals) and got to the boss of the canals for the first time. Was a lot of fun and so much good loot.

First week I'm actually hitting the creation tomestones 450 cap. Stuff goes fast when you're doing canals + hunts. Almost have enough to get an i330 body this week. Mainly just want it for something new to wear since I can't get the Omega body drops for the life of me.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1231 on: September 02, 2017, 10:07:35 PM »
i was fighting the boss there the other day when he hit me with a knockback move...that pushed me out of the fight right as the boss area sealed off. damn near smashed my keyboard in. still cant believe my fucking luck lol
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1232 on: September 02, 2017, 10:37:34 PM »
Oh shit, that sucks. Did you not get the completion prizes because of it? I think I got like a 100k gil completion bonus and like 20 creation tomes when the boss died.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1233 on: September 02, 2017, 10:49:14 PM »
no thankfully the other people i was with were good enough to squeak out a victory. it still gave me the bonuses and let me roll and all, but damn if it didn't piss me off. also i've been in there a lot but i still haven't found much cool rewards. there's a few mats that sell for a ton, and that ugly namazu minion, but i haven't seen much else worthwhile. hopefully they add in some more neat stuff with 4.1.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1234 on: September 02, 2017, 10:55:12 PM »
Hell, anything I can sell for money makes me happy. Money + tomes = good times. I finally got back to where I was in gil before I stupidly spent 4 million on an i320 craftered weapon while trying to beat O1S a month ago. On one hand I go what do I need all this money for? But then a 17 million house opens up and I don't have 17 million and there's the reason I need to make more gil :P

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1235 on: September 02, 2017, 10:58:30 PM »
i made a fuckton of gil doing hunts back when every sb map had multiple instances. it was an easy way to get materia that i could then flip for 150-250k a piece. made like 15 million in a few grinding sessions. hopefully i'll have enough to pick up a house for 4.1 bc there isn't shit else i want to spend it on right now.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1236 on: September 02, 2017, 11:40:03 PM »
On Ultros the Materia market is flooded unfortunately. Goes for about 80k a piece. It's still good gil, but takes a while to make a lot.

Bebpo

« Reply #1237 on: September 06, 2017, 02:52:35 AM »
Hit i319 after finally getting 800+ creation tomes for the i330 body and getting the i320 legs from Omega normal this week. Only have an i310 arm (which I will probably never be able to get from the Omega 3 or 4 drops, I keep rolling on it and never get it for weeks), and an i310 ring because you can't have two of the same i320 ring. Will save up another ~350 creation tomes and get an i330 ring.

The i330 Lost Allegan armor for NIN is really ugly. Big disappointment, gonna have to glamor it up.

LASER TAG SUIT

Been mining a lot in between things. I've stopped doing the turn-ins besides my MIN/BTN/CUL (which I gather & cook myself) and GSM (which I buy for 40k each day). By stopping the 40k items x 7 or so others, I'm saving like 300k a day and will let them level when the beast tribe comes out. Short term goal for the week is hitting 15 million gil saved. Long term is to try to get to 20 million by the time 4.1 comes out in hopes that players will be so excited to buy a new house in Shirogane that suddenly a bunch of old house plots will become available in the original 3 housing areas and with 20 million I'd have enough for any S or M size house that becomes available with enough cushion to spare to not be totally broke.

If I can get a house I'll stop needing gil and will just let my retainers grab stuff each day and sell it to make minor no-effort profit and slowly rebuild finances.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 03:02:49 AM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #1238 on: September 07, 2017, 07:05:21 PM »
Doman Adventurer's Guild questline was kinda fun. Too bad it's so short.

Not sure why they aren't picking up more of these sidequests and continuing them. Like Moogle Postman could and should totally exist in each expansion to flesh out the locales of each expansion area. Feels like Hildebrand is the only thing guaranteed to continue.

Was messing around group hunting last night and Coerlega or however it's called super fate in HW spawned. Finally got to do it, then Odin popped right after and did that as a group for the first time and got the drops. Was fun. It's nice being part of a team. I honestly feel like the hunt linkshell I joined is more of a team for me than the GAF FC. With the hunt linkshell I keep showing up and joining parties with the same group of people on my server and we joke around and chill until we pull the hunt. Pretty good group on Ultros. A lot of times at night there's not enough people playing so we get like 6-8 people total to do the hunts and they're a decent challenge for some. We had one where our only healer died midway, revived in town and rushed over while the tanks self-healed and carried and the DPS died and then the healer resurrected everyone one at a time when they got back and we won.

Bebpo

« Reply #1239 on: September 08, 2017, 04:37:09 AM »
Odin popped again tonight and this time we failed the fate. Level 70 characters are balanced off by the weaknesses -25/-50% DPS output which is rough for the final DPS check. Died on that at 1%. Also depends on the amount of people, last night it spawned earlier in the night and like 30 people had grouped up for Coerliga so they all went over to Odin and the fate took like 5 mins and was easy. Tonight it spawned late at night and we had maybe 12-15 people total and it took 20 mins and then died on DPS check. Kinda crazy how it's still a challenge. But part of that fight is fucking bullshit. You get paralyzed so you can't MOVE and then he casts HALL OF STONE and you're stuck and get petrified which adds vulnerability+ and then he does his next move and kills you. It's like a RNG random bullshit instant KO for DPS even at 70 and with the -25%/-50% penalties that's fucked up.

Started the Yokai Watch event. Didn't really understand how it worked. Thought you need specific Yokai Event Fates, but now I read up on it and it seems like I can do any fate to get the medals and any fate as long as its within 3 areas for the weapon with the minion out. Might try to get all the minions cause they're kinda neat. Won't bother with any weapons unless I happen to get my first one while grinding the medals.

Bebpo

« Reply #1240 on: September 09, 2017, 03:59:37 PM »
Been listening to the osts since I've been playing this year and I just got to the latest Duality piano arrange album and I'm really digging it. I saw there's an orchestra album coming out on the 20th which is awesome, but it only has 8 tracks which kinda sucks for a game with 400 tracks. Still will enjoy those 8 tracks a lot most likely! Between all the different stuff XIV has so much great music.

*edit* lol, just randomly saw a post on the Duality album that says only the first half of the cd is piano music and second half is band music. I'm on track like 5 or 6 :| Yeaaaaaaaah, the other arrange album Astral to Umbral which is all band covers is kinda meh, so I have a feeling 2nd half of this is gonna be lame. Too bad because these piano arrangements are awesome.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1241 on: September 09, 2017, 07:16:59 PM »
yeah i think the other half was rock songs which is womp womp. that upcoming album sounds fantastic tho, like distant worlds.

i haven't been playing much this week, because queues got super shitty. like I'm used to long waits, but 40+ minutes for a roulette is wtffff. all i wanna do is finish off the red mage story jeez.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1242 on: September 10, 2017, 03:05:00 AM »

Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

yeah i think the other half was rock songs which is womp womp. that upcoming album sounds fantastic tho, like distant worlds.

i haven't been playing much this week, because queues got super shitty. like I'm used to long waits, but 40+ minutes for a roulette is wtffff. all i wanna do is finish off the red mage story jeez.

Sorry to hear about the queues. I know when I sit in queues it kinda burns me out. Haven't done anything queue-ish lately, but when I do queue up for trial roulette or something it's usually like 5 mins. This is typically late at night on weeknights though. So I don't know if it's a server difference or just less busy time. Also doing weekly Omega normal runs the queues are like 5 mins as well. So queues on Ultros seem ok right now?

*edit* Just checked queue times right now on Ultros and it's 5 mins for basically anything that is in the DFs for DPS at 1am PST/4am EST.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 04:38:59 AM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #1243 on: September 10, 2017, 04:41:49 AM »
Got my Yokai weapon! Took 27 fates to get 7 weapon drops  :'( Yeah, not doing any other class weapons. Got a bunch of minions though!

Can't find an outfit the BRIGHT YELLOW/ORANGE weapons go with though. Probably ditch the glamor after a little while for something that matches more.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 05:19:32 AM by Bebpo »

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1244 on: September 10, 2017, 04:11:34 PM »
popotos
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1245 on: September 10, 2017, 11:22:57 PM »
Did like 20 treasure maps with PUGs today. Got Canals about 8 times total. 6 of those times failed on the very first door. I almost feel like the game has server-wide RNG on Canals to balance it so not too many people are getting the good loot on the inside and today was RNG shut you down day in the Canals.

Got some neat loot though. Met some nice people. Had fun.

Bebpo

« Reply #1246 on: September 11, 2017, 03:34:03 AM »
My retainers brought back to interesting items today on their random item returns. One was a tanuki with a bamboo umbrella minion :o and the other was a pirate hat! Which I probably saw at some point when I was around that level (lvl.43) but it's been hundreds of hours and I totally forgot there was a pirate hat! in the game, so I'm so rocking that now.

I think it's pretty funny how in FFXIV the Ninja job comes from the Pirate job so the armor sets are either "look like a ninja assassin" or "look like a pirate" which is hilarious because Ninjas and Pirates look nothing like each other... but I ain't complaining that I get cool as shit pirate armor sets & cool ninja armor outfits.

Also another thought is that now that I've had a few months experiencing what MMO endgame is like (at least FFXIV's endgame)...I really like it!

Basically the endgame of joining up for hunts going on, running treasure maps with PF groups or friends, jumping onto PF and replaying the latest Ex trials or Raid (normal mode) for fun/drops, and slowly getting stronger and giving Savage maps a shot one at a time. It's a lot of fun and I don't find it boring at all. Plus I do some craft/gathering stuff on the side (Like I did Bismark Ex with an unsyc group who needed an extra dps and got drops of both faded orchestra rolls, which made me interested in turning them into real orchestra rolls, so I got the master alchemist III book and gathered/crafted the items from scratch and got my orchestra rolls which were going for like 100k+ each and was satisfying).

After 4.1 it'll be fun running the weekly Raid, and the new Ex primal and various new sub-systems introduced or upgrade, and I'll actually try out wondrous tails after 4.1 since until then good luck trying to get into any 24man alliance raid stage you need. I don't play it a lot, but I can see myself playing like 1 day a weekend every week and a little here and there on weeknight for a long while.

*edit* I like how this pic turned out. Just another nice hunting morning

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 04:20:25 AM by Bebpo »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1247 on: September 12, 2017, 10:59:00 AM »
Haha I actually got the crafter scrip bonus for squad. It's like 300 per success (30% chance, but boosts to 100% for some!).

Bebpo

« Reply #1248 on: September 12, 2017, 06:51:34 PM »
wtf, I finally got that for gathering red scrips and I only get 100 per success  :'(
Still pretty damn nice to get that many scrips daily for no effort  8)
Too bad with all my gatherers at 66-70 along with gathering retainers, there's nothing I can buy with gathering red scrips anymore that's useful :'(
Trying to get the crafting chemistry still because I could use those for master crafting guides and mats

I also got MGP chemistry so they bring back like 1,000mgp a day which I ain't complaining about.

I'm cooling off a bit on the game now. I got my millions and upgraded the gear on all my crafters/gatherers and retainers. MIN/FSH are at 70 with their retainers, BOT is up to 66 with its retainer. Crafters are all capable.
Even with the weekly resets, all I do is Omega Normal 4 for the crystaloid and trying to get the last i320 arm crank.

Pretty much just:
once a week do Omega 4 for 30 mins
once a week do my crafting souvenirs for 20 mins for like 600+ red crafter scrips
daily, my Ixali turn in (thought I was finishing the last rank, but had one more, so getting to that to finish the quest story)
daily, check retainers and send back out
daily, do a few GC turn-ins (BOT, maybe some of the starred stuff)
daily, check adventurer squad and send them back out

That's it. Doesn't take much time at all. Otherwise for fun will jump into some hunts when I see one pop and I'm online, do treasure maps sometimes for weekly creation tomes/gil. Still finishing up the last few Postmoogle quests.

I joined a pf yesterday that was [PRACTICE] for Zurvan Ex. Tank leader was a dick to everyone and people left real quick, but was still fun and learned a lot of the fight. Was nice that even unsync at 70 while Zurvan burns down fast and skips phases, it still requires you to learn the patterns. Still need to clear that, Sophia Ex, Sephiroth Ex and Nidhogg Ex to have all the trials cleared. Also have 6 dungeons I still haven't done like the Arboretum. Will get to that stuff pretty soon. Probably clear it all before 4.1 drops.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1249 on: September 12, 2017, 08:01:00 PM »
I got 100 today lol, inconsistent!

Gatherer scrips get regional folklore...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 08:05:37 PM by Akala »

Bebpo

« Reply #1250 on: September 12, 2017, 08:43:32 PM »

Only with yellow scrips for SB. Once new expansion comes out, old expansion regional areas open up for everyone without the books. At least that's my experience as I'm suddenly catching regional folklore fish in HW areas without the books. Also the books aren't on sale anywhere anymore.

Bebpo

« Reply #1251 on: September 13, 2017, 02:21:37 AM »
Spent the night beating Zurvan Ex (unsync). Shit was crazzzzzzzzzzzzzy. Fight reminds me a lot of T9 on steroids. Even unsync there's so much coordination or wipe with the tethers + southern cross + ice/fire meteor drops it's a real challenge with a PUG. Feels like the kind of fight that was made for voice chat.

The group we had last night bailed after a handful of wipes, the first group we had tonight (some of the same people) did the same, the 2nd group was stuck with it and barely made it through with 3-4 people alive post-meteor fall and thanks to unsync were able to burn him down right as the 2nd meteors were coming. Then even though we beat it almost everyone bailed even though it was a bird farm. So to thank the couple of people that taught me the fight and riding on the high of having cleared it after about 90 mins straight, I stuck around and helped them teach a new group from scratch who didn't know any mechanics. We started out rough, one guy dropped, then we stuck with it at 7 people and had a real good run but still lost, then another person had to go and the group disbanded.

But yeah, that fight is great. Like I've always been kinda bummed being stuck doing Ex Primal fights/8 man Raids unsync because you can burn through so many mechanics and don't get to learn the fight (Bismark Ex :|), so I appreciated that like T9 Zurvan Ex is a fight where you still need to learn and get the mechanics DOWN to win and its still pretty satisfying. The main difference with unsync is you skip the divebomb phase which looks hard and coordination required, and that you can burn him down so fast you can skip the tether/meteor drop on the 2nd time although it's just the same mechanics again at that point. Also the adds are easier to kill in time (WIT must die).

Now I've just got:

Sephiroth Ex
Sophia Ex
Nidhogg EX

left to do. Yay.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1252 on: September 13, 2017, 04:36:43 PM »

Only with yellow scrips for SB. Once new expansion comes out, old expansion regional areas open up for everyone without the books. At least that's my experience as I'm suddenly catching regional folklore fish in HW areas without the books. Also the books aren't on sale anywhere anymore.

you can still get with red scrip in idyllshire, the legendaries from HW are gated still  :'(

Bebpo

« Reply #1253 on: September 13, 2017, 05:29:13 PM »
Really? Which NPC do I get it from?
Yesterday my squad returned with a new chemistry for even more gathering scrips :lol, so now I've got two people bringing scrips + 1 person bringing MGP + 1 person bringing materia.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1254 on: September 13, 2017, 05:57:13 PM »
fell asleep doing roulettes again yesterday. at this point i'm convinced there's some sort of subliminal message being broadcast from the game during dungeons that's trying to fuck me over.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1255 on: September 13, 2017, 06:19:28 PM »
That's because dungeons are zzzzzz, main reason why I can't/don't do dungeon roulettes, only trial roulette sometime.

Where is my 8-man raid (normal) roulette? :( That would be fun.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1256 on: September 13, 2017, 06:22:23 PM »
Really? Which NPC do I get it from?
Yesterday my squad returned with a new chemistry for even more gathering scrips :lol, so now I've got two people bringing scrips + 1 person bringing MGP + 1 person bringing materia.

pretty sure the splendor vendor near scrip NPC's. deck out all your lvl 60 crafters with the augmented token/cup turn ins there as well....they will last you till 70.

side note, level 60-70 crafting is SO MUCH EASIER than HW was.

Bebpo

« Reply #1257 on: September 13, 2017, 06:25:16 PM »
Hmmm, I never saw it on the scrip vendor for red scrips after SB. I'll look again tonight.

Yeah I use the i180 gear for my right side for 60+ crafters and gatherers and use the i180 tools (primary & secondary) for my lvl.60 gatherers/crafters up until like 65 when SB gear stats pass it.

Bebpo

« Reply #1258 on: September 13, 2017, 10:18:10 PM »
Wow, you're right, I was looking at the wrong vendor for the legendary stuff. Thought because I caught a green 1 star fish in HW that the legendaries had been unlocked when SB came out.
Folklore grind seems insane. 9 books at 50 each x 25 red scrips = 11,250 red scrips for HW, 6 books at 50 each x 50 yellow scrips = 15,000 for SB.

I figured well at least the items you gather from these must go for multiple millions on the MB and once you get those you're in the 100 million gil+ club? But I googled around and apparently most of it is junk and not worth much. Just seems like a ridiculous grind, especially since I guess this didn't exist in ARR areas and everything there was just gear checks?

Will use my adventurer squad scrips on mats I can sell instead /shrug, at worst can buy grade IV materia and sell for a few thousand gil I guess.

Bebpo

« Reply #1259 on: September 16, 2017, 04:38:54 AM »
finally cleared the endless Post Moogle Questline!!!!

There were some good mini-stories in there and I enjoyed it but it felt like it would never end omg. Got my hat whoop. Cleared a few more dungeons, Lost City (hard) & Hullbreaker (hard), Hullbreaker (hard) was kinda fun. Only 2 dungeons left that I haven't done, Great Gubal Libary (hard) and Sohm Al (hard), will do them tomorrow. Tried WT for the first time and cleared some old ARR stuff unsync with others, not bad.

Then just for the hell of it I gave Omega V1 Savage another shot. I hadn't tried it since the day it came out and I played for like 3-4 hours straight with PUGs and so many deaths and never beating it. Was soul crushing and made me scared of Savage during release windows. Well, this time around the first run I fell off the platform midway and died along with 3-4 others (which was weird because I was swear I was up on his ass before the knockback), but then after a refresher run (I mean it's been two months, I barely remember the fight details), we cleared it on the 2nd try with no deaths and everyone pretty much doing the entire thing perfectly including myself. Even though it's fairly straight forward, my hands were shaking the whole way through because I was just fucking nervous because of my day 1 experience and that I still don't remember all the order of the patterns from start to finish. There's one double fireball around 75% dead that throws me off a bit but I seem to wing it. It's funny how a single thing like everyone calling out a NW/NE/S/E/etc... position before the fight makes the fight 10x easier; no one in my day 1 groups thought of that and people just scrambled on ice to not be on top of each other during the lightning hits. Knowing where you are going to go everytime so you can position yourself in that direction makes the fight go much smoother.

Anyhow, that's my first Savage stage clear during release window. Definitely feels like an accomplishment woohooo. I'll probably watch a video and try V2 Savage and see if I can do that. From what I hear it sounds like V3S/V4S are probably out of my range with PuGs and my skill level.

Next up is last 2 dungeons, Nidhogg/Sephirot/Sophia Exs, and Omega V2S. Then I think I'm pretty good until 4.1. I still need to do Alexander Savage 1-12 at some point but it's gonna take a while to get pf groups a stage at a time so no rush on that.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:53:02 AM by Bebpo »