Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 213568 times)

Bebpo

Re: I got FFXIV
« Reply #1260 on: September 16, 2017, 02:22:43 PM »
Really liked Great Gubal Library (hard). Good art, music, bosses and fun stories in books.
I kind of feel like a lot of the 3.x dungeons have been let downs compared to 2.x. I remember in 2.x having to stop before almost every boss and the tank would explain the fight mechanics. In 3.x dungeons it feels like very few bosses have mechanics (especially wipe ones). It's almost like they were worried about players in roulettes not being able to do mechanics so they dumbed down the non-raid boss patterns in 3.x. Which doesn't make sense since the MSQ still had stuff like Nidhogg in 3.x. Hmmm...

One more dungeon to go!

Also kinda excited to be caught up with everything and then just logging on and seeing people are doing on pf and jumping into various stuff and getting loot. Been grabbing all the faded orchestration rolls and making them work lately for fun since my Alc is pretty up to par gear-wise at 63. Trying to complete the master tome books now.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1261 on: September 16, 2017, 02:54:10 PM »
congrats on beating v1s! one step closer to elite status.

i feel you on the 3.x dungeons, although i like them better overall. there were a few that were harder on release, like arboretum and gubal hard, but like everything else they get easier over time. i'm just happy they keep increasing the complexity of standard bosses as the game goes on; just wish they could do the same for trash mobs.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1262 on: September 16, 2017, 03:31:55 PM »
Thanks, the 3.x dungeons are definitely prettier than 2.x. Arboretum was nice and Fractal Continuum was cool. Not a fan of neverreap because it just feels like fighting on the sea of clouds and not a unique dungeon location. Although I do like the tiki boss.

Trash mobs always suck. I'm glad my class NIN excels at trash mobs with putting an AoE on the ground and then spraying ninja daggers AoE with occasional AoE fireball bursts. Helps speed them up, especially when paired with another AoE job like Bard or Machinist.

Bebpo

« Reply #1263 on: September 16, 2017, 03:40:09 PM »
Also I watched the V2S video last night and I couldn't follow it after like halfway. Way too many mechanics and you can't even see what they're talking about in the vid half the time because they're buried under floating AoE markers. This is gonna take a while learning the fight.

I also watched the V1S video (never seen it before) and saw the one pattern I didn't know which was combo like 6, but real easy to dodge which explains why I would always wing it and survive. Now that I know all the patterns and I've cleared it I'm not scared of it anymore. Will probably run V1S weekly and get my i340 belt 5 weeks later (grind is pretty crazy for these pieces).

But yeah, V2S lol
I mean my secret confession is that V2N is still the only fight in the normal ver set I don't know 100%. I find it very confusing and just follow everyone else's lead for when to float or where to go. I know the tentacle part and to float when the ground is mucky, but still sometimes I get petrified. I also find it hard to see when on the ground level buried beneath floating stuff. Like I can't find my character. It's a confusing fight to me but it's easy on normal so you can get by winging it. On Savage though it's gonna fuck me up ;_;

Bebpo

« Reply #1264 on: September 16, 2017, 07:28:55 PM »
Finished Sohm Al (hard)! Now I'm done with all the dungeons outside roulette or glamor drops. While I was waiting for queues for these last dungeons, I got the Master Alchemist Tome 2 because I wanted to be able to make all the orchestration rolls. Man, the endgame ARR crafting is still such a pain in the ass. Everything requires loads of demimateria which costs like 40k a piece and the quickest way is still spending 20-30k on shoes and desynthing. It's bullshit. And getting the Tome books, especially book II still requires you to make a HQ hard as fuck item that costs 70-100k in mats and if you don't HQ it, the item is useless lol. I almost blew my craft of what I needed for Master Alch II but lucked out and got success on my last action which had 90% success rate.

But yeah, HW book 3/4 are easy to obtain, just get some red scripts and your done. And then the items within the books are like ARR requiring tons of demimateria so they cost like 100ks+ to make, whereas HW stuff is like normal price. ARR endgame stuff is gonna be forever expensive. If I were SE I'd have someone rehaul the ARR endgame crafting and have everything scrip based and take demimateria out of the recipes or at least have a way to get it through trading in scrips like in HW.

Now I just need to get Carpenter tome IV so I can craft an orchestration player for my room until I get a house and use some of these rolls I'm making. Been putting them on sale but they never move because hardly anyone wants old orchestration rolls.

I guess now it's time to do Nidhogg/Seph/Sophia Ex. Will watch the videos tonight and see if I can start getting clear parties for them.

Bebpo

« Reply #1265 on: September 17, 2017, 03:36:58 PM »
Sephirot Ex done. That was kinda confusing with the tethers and the rock drops during the knock backs. The orange/green tower stuff was actually the easiest part since it's so straight forward (orange go to towers, orange/green go to orb color side). Took a couple of hours with PUG, but got it. Slightly less satisfying because I was dead at the time of clear (got rocked during the 3 blue knockback bit), but a clear is a clear. Gonna try to do Sophia Ex next and then Nidhogg Ex today.

Bebpo

« Reply #1266 on: September 17, 2017, 07:16:49 PM »
Found a group doing Aquapolis maps and finally checked it out after doing so many Canals. Man is it boring ugly compared to Canals. Really dull to play but the loot seems good.

Bebpo

« Reply #1267 on: September 17, 2017, 10:43:26 PM »
I fell asleep trying to watch the 11 min Sophia Ex vid :zzz
Just gonna wing it  8)

Bebpo

« Reply #1268 on: September 18, 2017, 12:21:39 AM »
Nobody joined my Sophia pf and didn't see one, but I saw a Omega Savage 2.0 practice pf w/discord. Did that for the last hour or so, good group. We got to around 50-60% before wipes which is solid. Gonna watch the video again now that I have a feel for the mechanics for the first half. There were a couple of times around 50-60% where I died and had no idea why, so would be good to know. Fight seems slower paced than V1, or maybe that's just because things feel less frantic and more procedural when you're on a discord with people who know what they're doing and your just going from 1 attack to the next.

Bebpo

« Reply #1269 on: September 18, 2017, 04:06:47 AM »
Cleared Nidhogg & Sophia Ex! Nidhogg they let me into a farm group but everyone was just as bad as first time because no one remembered the fight :lol, but yeah Nidhogg Ex was pretty easy unsync, at least compared to the Warring Triad stuff. The only wipe-ish mechanics are the blue/orange chains but those are really simple almost Chysalis level, and the fireball stuff at the end but the patterns are pretty simple. Still our team was terrible so we got one clear and like 5 more wipes after and the party leader bailed, but hey I got my clear! o/

Sophia Ex I'd just about given up with no one joining my party finder until slowly one by one people started joining! And...It was the best damn team I've ever had! full of full drunk, half-drunk, jubilent middle of the night peeps who just wanted a good time and didn't care about serious business of mistakes or wipes or anything. We all joked around and lol'd at mistakes and cheered each other on and cleared it in a great mood. I think it helped that unsynced this fight is pretty easy so a few people who know what they're doing can pretty much carry everyone else. I watched the vids for both this and Nidhogg before and in motion it wasn't too bad but I don't get where to stand for execute at all with the 3 clones, and towards the end there's a knockback that I didn't expect. But yeah, that was a ton of fun! My clear run on Sophia I got killed right before the tilting slides began and got ressurected right before the slide in the middle of the platform so I was floating in the air as I slid back off and died again before I could move. Then I got ressurected again in the middle and got to move for a half second before the next slide threw me back off  :japancry spent like 1/3rd the fight on the ground with that watching, but it's ok! had lots of fun :) I wish you could do cross-world contact invites to friendlists because these were some of the best people I've met in the community. Game is so much more fun when you're playing with fun people who just wanna have a good time and laugh off wipes and misses; way better than all these pf groups I've been rolling with that yell at each other and quit after each wipe so the whole time you're playing you're nervous about making a mistake because it might cause someone to leave and the party to disband.

Anyhow, all dungeons done, all trials done, all sidequests done, even got Aquapolis in today. Just need to do Alexander Savage at some point & Omega Savage 2.0 onwards! Looking forward to having nothing left to do so I can play other games :P ~720 hours now.

Bebpo

« Reply #1270 on: September 18, 2017, 04:50:50 PM »
Oh and PT, about six months late on this, but yeah Shiva 2nd half song is great. Been rocking it in my inn rooms now that I got the orchestration roll. Feels like a TWEWY song!

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1271 on: September 18, 2017, 04:54:32 PM »

lets go punk rock
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1272 on: September 20, 2017, 01:52:07 AM »
Ok, so no one ever explained to me how Savage drops work even when I'd ask in the FC what are people talking about with pages and chests in PF. First time I did it I just got a datalog 1.0 drop and I looked at redeeming it and it looked like it takes 4-6 weeks of doing weekly clears before you get a single i340 piece. Kinda didn't care after I saw that, way too much grind and not a huge fan of the attitude of people playing Savage, it's way too serious compared to everything else.

Then someone finally explained the chests to me. That "pages" means the datalog drop you get each week, and chests are if no one has cleared for the week you get 2, if more than 1 but less than 4 have cleared for the week you get 1 and if 5 people or more have already cleared for the week there's no chest. And in the chest there are i340 instant grab accessories that will start bringing your ilevel up right away. But if you don't get the treasure roll, you need to keep finding parties with less than 3 other people who've cleared for the week so there will be 1 chest and you can keep trying again to roll an accessory. Hmmmm, still sounds pain in the butt.

I like FFXIV, I like it a lot, but I don't have a lot of interest in the pain in the butt savage grind. Will probably just stick to everything else and do Tier 1 V2-V4 Omega Savage when Tier 2 comes out and gear will be i330-i340 without grind. Once the Matsuno raid comes out, I'll definitely do it once a week because I like 24 man raids and will build up a full i330 set from that and maybe get the i330 1000 creation tome weapon (I have 7 crystaloids from V4 normal weekly) which apparently an item in the 24 man raid may let me upgrade to i340 weapon.

Bebpo

« Reply #1273 on: September 21, 2017, 12:40:37 AM »
Did my first weekly two chest run on V1S with a static on pf that was missing a few slots. Got one of the i340 accessory drops! Brought me to i323 now.
Also joined a Light farm unsync group of Alexander Savage A1S so I can slowly go through all 12 floors. I watched the video for A1S and was all ready for killing the adds under the missiles and leading the slime drops but unsync at i320-i340 A1S takes like 2.5 mins and none of those mechanics happen ^^; I'm still glad I watched the video to learn how the fights play out. My goal for now is to get through Alexander Savage 1-12, then someday try to get a throwback party together to do Alexander Savage sync & Coil sync & all the Ex fights sync that I haven't done sync already.

Not sure if I'm gonna push Omega V2S. I know the fight, it's pretty straightforward like V1S and if I found a good group of 7 others I should be able to get a clear, but don't want to search high and low through wipe parties for that group. Probably will only do V2S if I see a bunch of people in the FC and ask if 7 others want to help me get a clear on it.

I watched the video for V3S last night. Fuck that, If I clear V2S I am completely 100% good on this raid tier. Even unsync or whatever, V3S has so many coordination mechanics I can't imagine doing it in a learning/practice party on pf.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1274 on: September 21, 2017, 05:32:43 PM »

SOON
pcp

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1275 on: September 21, 2017, 06:25:11 PM »
 :hyper

Bebpo

« Reply #1276 on: September 22, 2017, 05:54:29 AM »
I found an M-size house in Limsa for sale for the first time when I could afford a house, so I bought it for 17 million plot + 1 million building. I'd saved up to 26 million in the last few weeks so it brought me back to lie 7 million gil.

It was exciting for like 30 minutes, until I found out that all the cool house exclusive stuff you can do with a workshop is limited to FCs only, and even if you quit your FC and make a solo FC you can't do anything without other people in your FC helping you craft. So since I'm not quitting my FC anyhow, it means I can't do anything more than I could just do with my FC room besides place some exterior furnishings and have a full garden instead of 2 flower plots -_-

Kinda lost interest after that and already have buyer's remorse. That being said, it's not like I needed that gil for anything in the game anymore. Not sure if I'll bother moving my FC room decorations to my new house. Might just slowly dump any furnishing items I get in the game there until there's enough to decorate. I don't really care about not having a house in Shirogane because the house gameplay experience will be the same, and since my GC which determines where I am every day with my GC turn-ins and adventurer squad is in Limsa, I'm fine having my housing in Limsa as well. My FC (gaf) is probably moving to Shirogane anyway.

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #1277 on: September 22, 2017, 09:59:18 AM »
Anyone watch the show on Netflix called Dad of Light?

It's weirdly entertaining.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1278 on: September 22, 2017, 06:04:37 PM »
well bebs, at least you can get a decent price if you decide to sell it. and if you keep it, you can check out https://housingsnap.com to see some of the amazing stops that the incredibly creative Japanese community comes up with. maybe something will inspire you!

i started watching daddy of Light and its super corny but really enjoyable. reminds me of gaming with my parents as a kid.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1279 on: September 22, 2017, 06:53:50 PM »
well bebs, at least you can get a decent price if you decide to sell it. and if you keep it, you can check out https://housingsnap.com to see some of the amazing stops that the incredibly creative Japanese community comes up with. maybe something will inspire you!

Some really cool stuff there!

Bebpo

« Reply #1280 on: September 23, 2017, 05:08:58 PM »
Finished the Ixali crafting beast tribe! Was a nice little story. Too bad the ARR beast tribe quests are really a pain in the butt without flight. I just stuck to doing the daily turn in of lvl.50 CUL food. Made extra HQ every day and sold them on the MB for profit while doing it.

Got a private aetheryte for my house from the GC, picked up a summoning bell and orchestration machine for cheap on the MB (cheaper than the mats, really). So now my house, while empty has all the vendors and retainer stuff I need and I have a teleport straight to it with a MB sign right outside. Not a bad start. Will slowly build it up.

Next up is seeing if I can find a pf group this weekend for Alexander Savage 2 (easy) and 3 (complex).

Bebpo

« Reply #1281 on: September 23, 2017, 07:06:36 PM »
Oh man, got a party after 2 hours and did A2S unsync.

But got to A3S and the entire party hadn't done it before or watched the video  :duh
I tried to explain the mechanics, and some people listened but a few just kept doing mash mash mash against the boss (including 1 tank). And after a few wipes people left.

I think for A3S I'll make a pf tomorrow and ask people to either know the mechanics or have watched a vid. The fight goes pretty quick in unsync but people still need to know stuff like Digititis, tanking hands apart if open, closed if together, kills adds, and avoid blue orb (including boss avoiding it). We would never make it past the 2 hands phase because our tank wouldn't listen and tank them apart so they'd wipe the team each time  :'(

Bebpo

« Reply #1282 on: September 23, 2017, 08:55:44 PM »
Ok, A3S done with gaf. Interesting that the tornado add phase is skipped on unsync. The key critical seems to just being keeping the 2 hands tanked across unless the hand glows open. Even in this clear run the hands were only tanked about 2/3rds of the area across and it still did like 50-70% damage to everyone across the board. But since no one died, we healed, recovered and the rest was fine. Time to watch A4S vid!

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1283 on: September 29, 2017, 08:55:10 AM »
4.1 looks great!   :rejoice

Bebpo

« Reply #1284 on: September 29, 2017, 03:28:47 PM »
My last retainer hit 70 today, yay. No more leveling my 4 retainers (hunt/bot/min/fsh). Now they can just grab stuff for me every hour. Wish there was an iphone app to do that so I could send them on more trips per day.
Not playing the game much right now. Just log in once or twice a day for 10 mins and refresh retainers and things I'm selling on the MB and buy and turn in a couple of GC turn ins, resend out adventurer squad.

Probably gonna hold off clearing Alexander Savage and Omega Savage 2.0 until after 4.1. Pretty much impossible to get Alexander Savage pf teams, so best bet is on weekends asking the gaf FC to help out and finding 7 other people. With Omega 2.0S, I know what to do but I want a competent team so we clear it and so many of the pfs the tanks/healers do not know what they are doing. I've never noticed this anywhere else in the game but the savage pf for the current savage are like tons of people who I have no idea how they got this far and cleared Ex fights. I get the feeling that a lot of people don't do the Ex fights and just do the latest Savage and try to get carried through.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1285 on: September 29, 2017, 03:34:46 PM »
is there any reason to have a dps retainer? i have one bc that was the only class I had available at the time and I never bothered changing it.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1286 on: September 29, 2017, 03:39:37 PM »
Sorta. There are certain mats like animal parts/blood/skins that you can't get from Miner or Bot. But in my experience most aren't worth very much (I think part of this is that almost everyone has a hunting retainer so there's not a lot of value) and the problem is that Hunting retainer can only bring back 10 items at a time whereas Min/Bot can bring back 15/20/30 per hour. So a Min bringing back 30 that I can sell for 500gil+ each, is 15k an hour, but with Hunter bringing back 10 items worth maybe 500gil, that's 5k an hour and if you really needed any of those you could just pick it up off the MB for 5k.

I've heard that gearing out your hunting retainer to a high ilevel and sending them on the random 1 hour item grab can bring back occasional rare stuff worth tons. Mine is like i305 or something and they bring back things like Mind Materia II ;_;

Bebpo

« Reply #1287 on: September 29, 2017, 03:45:29 PM »
Btw, I wanna talk about how good Heavensward is. Whenever I'm flying through the HW areas for quests or mats or whatever, the music and art is just amazing. These places are all awesome. They created this really amazing world for HW with just incredible atmosphere. Even the beast tribes are all great and their stories are a lot of fun.

In SB, I really like the endgame content. Both Lak Ex & Sus Ex & Omega 1-4 are all really well designed and interesting fights. But those areas don't give me that same feel as going through the HW areas. In retrospect I think Ruby Sea was a big miss, just feels like a lot of bland ocean and underwater swimming was incredibly underused. In terms of holding up, the Azim Steppe holds up the best today as it still feels like a majestic area with a great BGM, interesting tribe people and a unique field look. The rest of the areas are better than ARR but kinda plain compared to HW.

I kind of have accepted that HW was a once every 20 years thing where an FF actually gets everything right and it all falls together into a very memorable package (even if Hildebrand sucked), and the rest of FFXIV will probably never reach those highs again, but will still be quite good.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1288 on: September 29, 2017, 04:06:17 PM »
so yeah I'll definitely be switching over to a fisher in hopes they bring me a fat cat then
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1289 on: October 03, 2017, 11:22:02 PM »
So, in the last week the Ultros MB has totally crashed across the board. Like Grade VI materia which was consistently staying around 80-90k gil each is now consistently 50k across the board. Tons of other stuff is suddenly dead too. The only thing I can think of is that some of the big bulk crafters who would buy lots of mats to make high end equipment and sell it for $$$ have bailed and there's no one buying/crafting so the markets are all flooded. I guess because 4.1 coming soon will devalue all the i320 gear on the MB.

Map prices are about the only thing that seems kinda stable/going up because people are starting to hoard maps for the new Canals in 4.1. I remember when Canals came out and the maps jumped from like 20k gil to 300k gil.

Not really playing the game currently, but checking in each day to refresh sales and send retainers back out and do some turn ins/adventurer squad.

Bebpo

« Reply #1290 on: October 05, 2017, 04:24:05 AM »
I had the most embarrassing moment in my game experience so far. I was taking a break from some other stuff and just messing around in FF14 so I finally decided after like 6 months of nothing but playing NIN, to start messing around with my other battle classes (partly because after finishing the Ixali beast questline now I want to do the other ARR beast tribe questlines, but there's no point if you aren't between 42-50 to actually get useful xp from them, so I want a job at 42).

I picked up my Paladin, because that was my next highest job besides the Sam/RDM at lvl.50. Paladin was lvl.38, so I geared him up, got rid of the actions SB removed (almost none) and did some roulette stuff and got back in the hang of it and got to lvl.40. Was enjoyable.

So then I'm like hey, why don't I finally try Dark Knight since I'm in the tanking mood! I go through the job actions and read what everything does and then I equip it on the bar and look at the nearest dungeon I can do since I'm lvl.30 (never used DRK, only unlocked it). I pick Haukke Manor at lvl.28 and get in. Well, really quickly I realize I forgot to gear my dark knight up, so I'm wearing a mix of DPS/tank gear that's between lvl.15-30 with a bunch of empty slots on my right side. Fuck. My HP was melting so fast the healer could not keep up even with Grit on and Rampart and Healing + 20%. I felt really, really embarrassed and bad, so I let my teammates know what happened and apologized.

But my team wanted to try to tackle it anyhow. We wiped a few times, and had some really close scenarios and one wipe on the final boss, but going slowly and carefully we beat it! Was really intense and luckily I got a lvl.30 tank body armor drop from a chest which helped. I was very thankful and apologetic to my team afterwards, but everyone was nice and cool with it. ^^; Got to lvl.31.

Felt so embarrassed after that I spent the next 20 mins gearing my DRK up with all HQ stuff.  :duh :'(

Also I was kinda surprised how at lvl.30 DRK's movelist is almost a clone of Paladin. Like you have the same combos, the same shield toss, the same flash move, grit instead of shield oath, and instead of infinite sword oath you have magic weapon for 20 secs, but otherwise it's like the same job reskinned. Which is kinda weird because my time with Warrior (only got to like lvl.20 or something) felt different than Gladiator and not just a reskin. At later levels does DRK play a lot different and unique compared to PLD?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1291 on: October 09, 2017, 09:13:42 PM »
currently camped in front of the plot I want with an alarm set for 4:50 a.m... where did I go wrong in life
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1292 on: October 09, 2017, 10:25:31 PM »
You mean, where did life go so right  :hyper

Good luck!!! I kinda wish I was part of this, but I got a lot of major work right now and can't justify spending hours tomorrow morning trying to get a house and being out of it after. Plus I didn't save up enough since I bought my last house to buy another and relocate. Gonna log in and do my last turn ins before 4.1!

I've been saving up Gazelle maps for the new Canals (or selling them at inflated amounts). Have 6 + 1 Gaganaskin :)

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1293 on: October 09, 2017, 10:36:17 PM »
shit with money you'll prolly make off new uznair items you'll be able to afford a shirogane house off a scalper
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1294 on: October 09, 2017, 11:28:08 PM »
So for kicks I ran around Shirogane ward 1 expecting to see like hundreds and hundreds of players just chilling until servers go down, but it was pretty empty? I wonder if housing stuff is only for enthusiasts and if it will actually be pretty easy to get a house during day 1 if you've got the gil and don't care about location.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1295 on: October 10, 2017, 05:17:32 AM »
a lot of people are assuming that the game will kick you out of ward 1 when it loads, so they're all waiting at the kugane docks. i took my chances by waiting in the ward.
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1296 on: October 10, 2017, 06:10:36 AM »
got it woot

ward 1, plot 19, right on the beach HELL YEAH. there was a queue to get in instantly, but my game seemed to ignore it after a few attempts, did some weird glitchy shit and skipped the usual loading screen, and popped me right in front of my sign. going by shouts, i might have been the first one in.

...and now my fc is having trouble getting a house, and i know the right thing to do is offer up mine, but.... :/
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1297 on: October 10, 2017, 11:39:12 AM »

trying to decide which style to go with. leaning towards the red one but I dunno
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1298 on: October 10, 2017, 12:13:13 PM »
Congrats!

Bebpo

« Reply #1299 on: October 10, 2017, 01:21:59 PM »
Even gaf didn't get a shirogane house, you did good PT!

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1300 on: October 10, 2017, 02:25:36 PM »
wow! like I said u think it was just 100% dumb luck. I kept refreshing when the game said I was 151 in the queue, then all of a sudden the screen showed the skybox, then an extreme close up of the grass texture, and then u was standing right there in front of the signpost. i bought it and shouted out, and it felt like a good 30-60 seconds before I saw others scrambling around and shouting. still in disbelief that not only did I get a house, but it's in ward 1 right on the damn beach.

now comes the hard part - finding someone who isn't bitter about not getting a house and convincing them to build one for me lol. I didn't realize kugane housing stuff was 50+.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1301 on: October 10, 2017, 03:19:14 PM »
So I looked at all the stuff they added and when do they normally add the ultima/anima weapon for each expansion? I always though it'd be there from the start as a time grind way for non-savage players to get a weapon close to the best weapon, but there still isn't one?

Looking forward to the new souvenir turn-ins. Hopefully they aren't too tough to craft/gather because it'd be a nice easy way to start getting some gold scrips for high end gear/recipe books/gathering books. Also looking forward to leveling my squad to 60 and hopefully getting some new and better chemestries to bring in yellow scrips and/or higher quality materia to resell.

+MSQ, Shinryuu Ex, Matsuno Raid #1, Hildebrand.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1302 on: October 10, 2017, 04:21:50 PM »
relic weapons are in smaller patches between updates. usually this means we'd be seeing it in November or something, but i heard eureka, which I believe is a map tied to the new weapon, was delayed til after 4.2. sucks but hopefully it means less grinding.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1303 on: October 10, 2017, 05:20:56 PM »
New map? Like Diadum kinda thing?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1304 on: October 10, 2017, 06:35:50 PM »
dunno, haven't heard many details
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1305 on: October 11, 2017, 02:37:45 AM »
Did Matsuno Raid with random df players...oh boy   :wag

I've never seen so many people yell at each other and fight. By the second boss a bunch of people were throwing insults at each other and then half of one team dropped out. We sat and waited about 10 mins and eventually they filled and after a couple more tries and a bunch more bickering we beat the second boss. Third boss had one wipe because people didn't know when to go to their spots and got trapped outside of their team. Fourth boss had a bunch of deaths but it's an easy fight so healers slowly brought entire teams back to life and beat it on the first try.

The fourth boss was pretty lame and just pads out the raid to be a little too long. Nothing interesting about the fight. Second boss is awesome, first and third boss are simple but fun. Story stuff was whatever, no new music was kinda lame. Solid, but not amazing first raid. Hope they take some of the criticisms to heart like lack of new music for the next two parts.

Got my drop for the week, if I can take down Shinryu Ex and get a weapon in the coming weeks I should hit i330-i335 pretty quick. i324 now.

Will do the MSQ/Hildebrand this weekend.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1306 on: October 12, 2017, 12:23:21 PM »
yesterday I spent two hours finding materials for a mailbox and it was fucking awesome. let the next stage of my addiction begin

also did the raid and it was really fun. my group wiped at every single boss and it was great and intense and people were mostly cool about it. I was surprised they seem like they're treating all the Ivalice stuff as canon which is cool and changes what fans assumed about an Ivalice timeline. can't wait for part two!

also did some of the msq. the dungeon was fun and looked nice, and what I saw from the story was cool bc i was worried they were going to do something* that they didn't end up doing... yet

spoiler (click to show/hide)
i was worried they were gonna have a goofy scene where Fordola feels bad and says she'll change her ways and suddenly she's with the good guys now or whatever. instead it looks like they'll actually kill her off, like they should.
[close]
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1307 on: October 12, 2017, 01:14:54 PM »
^^ I should look into getting a mailbox for my house too.

I keep reading on gaf about people who try the raid dozens of times and never clear because the second boss. I guess I was lucky in that our team died a few times and argued but beat it in one run. Gaf's kinda making me afraid of trying the raid again next week ><

Also I had no idea what the Ranbastre coin did and just tossed it in my retainer inv, then I was in Rhaegors looking at the new Shinryuu gear and I saw you could exchange it for the item that upgrades any non-weapon i330 allegan gear -> i340! Got my i340 body piece and glamored that ugly shit. i325 now. Between creation tomes & the raid drops it shouldn't be that hard getting to i340 even without doing Savage for everything outside the weapon.

Weapon I'm still rocking an i320 non-meld >< I can save up 1000 tomes to get the i330 weapon, but I'd rather just beat Shinryuu and get the i335 weapon so I can use those tomes for more i330 gear. Dunno how tough that is gonna be but will probably try this weekend. Still no interest in messing with Omega Savage 2-4, but eventually after I clear Alexander Savage 4-12 I'll probably go for it.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1308 on: October 12, 2017, 01:55:50 PM »
how do you get a weapon from Shinryu? i still need 700 more tomes for an i330 bc I've been slacking.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1309 on: October 12, 2017, 03:17:32 PM »
Same as Susano. Shin Ex drops weapons and tokens. 10 tokens exchange for a specific weapon if you don’t get it from rolls before then.

I haven’t even looked at Shinryuu Ex, how are people taking it? Sounds way easier than Thordan Ex since tons of people seem to be clearing it in one day already. I don’t even know how people do that before there are guides? A lot of Savage/Ex patterns aren’t understandable on their face...

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1310 on: October 12, 2017, 07:03:13 PM »
ok mitsuda said this ivalice is a different ivalice from the other games. dreams crushed :(

https://twitter.com/YasumiMatsuno/status/918025941372215297
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1311 on: October 13, 2017, 10:48:32 AM »
finished up 4.1 and damn that was good. great single player fight and a scene that got me all in my feelings. looks like they're still aiming for at least one redemption story which is just ugh.

next on the list is Shinryu ex. doubt I'll clear it this weekend but I'd at least like to give it a shot. also gonna do more feast since I got up to gold ranking recently. i know I won't clear the top 100 but I'm 3/4 of the way to getting that tiny airship mount so yay.
pcp

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1312 on: October 23, 2017, 03:25:21 PM »
4.1 not bad, but overall kind of...goofy? Doesn't seem as focused as patches post-HW. then again, SB actually wrapped up its story. I am fine with the main redemption but the other one is...ugh.

With that fight and the new squad dungeons seems they are adding more solo-able stuff. I would be ok to try and solo maps/whatever the rando dinosaur islands are called. then again, not sure I would play too much of it. I am sure there will be solo POTD eventually.

Still haven't cleared the new raid but have only really tried twice. Been leveling BRD as a change and am having fun. Also steady crafting, hooked again.  :doge

Mercy

« Reply #1313 on: October 23, 2017, 04:17:46 PM »
I need help... I am addicted to this shit and I don't know why.

It hates me, and beats me repeatedly, but I keep coming back for more.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1314 on: October 23, 2017, 04:33:41 PM »
it's because this game is awesome

although I haven't played much since I finished most 4.1 stuff. really need to work on crafters so I can build more stuff for my house but it can be overwhelming sometimes.
pcp

studyguy

« Reply #1315 on: October 23, 2017, 04:36:16 PM »
I need help... I am addicted to this shit and I don't know why.

It hates me, and beats me repeatedly, but I keep coming back for more.

Stop fucking playing then.

Did like 40 maps so far, not a single one led to the new canals.
Tanaka would have never allowed for this.
pause

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1316 on: October 23, 2017, 04:41:11 PM »
new as in the secret areas or new as in uznair? bc if you're just trying to get to uznair you need sb maps.
pcp

studyguy

« Reply #1317 on: October 23, 2017, 04:44:02 PM »
Group of us has been running gazelleskins non stop trying to get at least 1 of the new maps, the rates for getting to the final floor on luck dropped off a cliff.
pause

Mercy

« Reply #1318 on: October 23, 2017, 05:02:17 PM »
Stop fucking playing then.

Did like 40 maps so far, not a single one led to the new canals.
Tanaka would have never allowed for this.
Never...

My wife plays with me and it's honestly a lovely experience.

Bebpo

« Reply #1319 on: October 23, 2017, 05:04:21 PM »
Fuck hidden canals  :maf

I still haven't done the bulk of 4.1 MSQ. Haven't wanted to wait around in queue for the new dungeon.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 05:35:37 PM by Bebpo »