Author Topic: FFXIV  (Read 213460 times)

Akala

• Easy Victor
Re: I got FFXIV
« Reply #1440 on: April 11, 2018, 03:21:42 PM »
Missed this one   :lol

https://m.

Bebpo

« Reply #1441 on: April 12, 2018, 11:45:42 AM »
I'm kinda glad there isn't an app to check retainers/mb and send retainers back out. Would waste too much time in life on it.

I was out and about doing a MIN job quest in the ruby sea when my first legendary node lit! I flew across the map and got off my mount and walked to activate it and it disappeared  :lol
But it motivated me to check the time clocks for legendary mining nodes in Othard and I went around and hit the 4am/6am/8am trio. Was fun and got a bunch of mats that aren't worth too much, but it's still some gil.
Took the palladium ore I got (which was worth the least) and crafted it into a palladium ingot and sold that.

In the end, none of this stuff is worth the time/effort gil-wise since only the high high high end stuff where you need to be perfect i330 gatherer/crafter with melds to do sells for millions. But it's kinda fun just to make stuff here and there. I still make most of my gil just off re-selling vendor mats. It's not a ton of gil but it adds up over time. Almost back to 30 million gil reserve.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1442 on: April 12, 2018, 09:31:54 PM »
yeah gathering is a bust but garlondtools is life  :preach

Bebpo

« Reply #1443 on: April 12, 2018, 10:21:38 PM »
Just googled garlondtools.

Woah, pretty nice.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1444 on: April 12, 2018, 11:01:05 PM »
I keep hearing good things about the story and how this game is the best FF in years but I don't really like MMOs, I don't like partying up with people, and I'm not a fan of lots of super grindy fetch quests or long grinds where it takes forever to level up (my main experience with MMOs is watching dorm-mates flunk out of school for playing too much Everquest in the early 2000's, or watch my brother just walking around in FFXI).

Could you play the story without needing to do all that typical MMO shit like join a clan or go on guild raids?
If so, how long is the story? And is it very grindy?
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #1445 on: April 12, 2018, 11:37:42 PM »
I keep hearing good things about the story and how this game is the best FF in years but I don't really like MMOs, I don't like partying up with people, and I'm not a fan of lots of super grindy fetch quests or long grinds where it takes forever to level up (my main experience with MMOs is watching dorm-mates flunk out of school for playing too much Everquest in the early 2000's, or watch my brother just walking around in FFXI).

Could you play the story without needing to do all that typical MMO shit like join a clan or go on guild raids?
If so, how long is the story? And is it very grindy?

yooooo, this is me.

Here's the dealio. ARR fucking sucks. That is lvl.1-50, originally story. The story sucks so much in the expansions they're slowly writing out all the original ARR characters from the story so it's like ARR never existed! The maps aren't that great (no flying makes certain things tedious af), and difficulty-wise everything is a joke. Otoh, Heavensward, the first expansion, is a really good 50-80 hour rpg. The main story is good, the areas have the best atmosphere ever, the gear is cool looking, combat is opened up enough at 50+ to be fun for most jobs (50-70 has really just been a slight added complexity for a lot of jobs, lvl.45/50 is when the key parts of the job open up), the boss fights, especially in Extreme mode are cool stuff.

Stormblood, the second expansion, is a good 50-80 hour rpg as well. The new bosses are great, areas are a bit of a step down from HW imo, but it's an enjoyable rpg and the end game is good. Especially the SB raid tier is super fun FF fanservice.

Honestly, if I could rewind time and jump in again I'd do it A LOT differently and more efficient. Here is what I would do:

1. Buy a jump potion to skip to HW and lvl.50 character. At this point you can also unlock lvl.50 Samurai/Red Mage in addition to your jump potion job. Those are both DPS jobs and unfortunately in FF14 there are only 3 real jobs Tank/Healer/DPS and all the jobs within those 3 groups play different but for balance reasons all play kinda the same and do the same damage/usefulness. Just saying that in case you're interested in being a tank or healer you can job potion up a tank or healer and then also have 2 DPS jobs at lvl.50 to pick from. Otherwise the Dark Knight Tank and Astrologian Healer job start at lvl.30 and lvl.30-lvl.50 is a grind. It's only about a 15-20 hour grind, but it's still a grind. Otoh, it gives you a chance to grind out lvl.1-50 dungeons which you skipped so maybe it's less bad in that case.

2. Ok, now you're at HW. First learn how to play. Ok, you have that down? Now play HW's story but also go back and play the 24-man raid from ARR, The Crystal Tower. It's about a 4-8 hour mini-rpg and it's great (although too easy now). You should also play the 8-man raid from ARR about Bahamut but don't do it now because even unsync (which means overleveled characters doing low level content with no limitations) some of the maps have complex wipe mechanics and you should get used to the game first.

3. Btw, don't touch the crafting/gathering jobs. They're nothing but a trap.

4. But go check out the Golden Saucer because it's fun.

5. Keep playing HW, enjoy the story and the bosses. After you beat it, do the 8-man raid normal mode ALEXANDER, have fun. Do the 24-man raid Void Ark, be kinda bored until the 3rd part which is cool.

6. Alright, now you are lvl.60 and doing post-HW content. Keep going. Try out some Ex bosses and work your way through the boss trials from ARR you skipped (hard/extreme modes). When you've got the hang of the game, jump in and do Coil of Bahamut. Enjoy the story, boss fights and music.

7. Ok, now you're pretty much caught up with ARR/HW (well do the ARR dungeons whenever you feel like it; might be a good way to level up a 2nd character while doing so), jump into SB and enjoy the game.

8. Get to endgame and do the Deltascape 8-man raid, the Sigmascape 8-man raid, the first part of the Matsuno 24-man raid (part 2 soon). Do the Ex bosses from SB and enjoy current level challenge fights. Try some Savage Raids at current level and see if you enjoy it.

9. Now you're pretty much good. Make sure you did Hildebrand in ARR. Otherwise, come back later on in patches for new content or summer 2019 for next expansion.

Overall time for the above? Probably about 200-300 hours of content there. But a huge amount of dungeons, bosses and lots of story! I didn't know all this so instead I'm 905 hours in and most of it was a waste! (mostly just the 400 or something hours crafting/gathering and 100+ on ARR).

And no, you don't have to join a guild, everything is auto-matching or you use party finder from Ex/Raid old content. Still, you should probably join the #Era guild (on Ultros server) just because it's nice having dozens of people online at any time if you ever need anything.

Bebpo

« Reply #1446 on: April 15, 2018, 12:20:07 PM »
Had a good morning run. Got my last mount speed map \o/, no more running around doing ARR non-flying hunts. At least for a year or so until next expansion increases mount speed even further. Ran some non-dungeon DRs for fun. Got Shinryuu in the trial DR and now that time has passed I really like that fight. The final bosses for each of the main storylines are fun since they're almost easy Ex bosses in their complexity.

Forgot how good the Shinryuu second half music was. Feeling kinda pumped to finally knock Shinryuu Ex off my list. Have a pretty busy work/social life atm so haven't had any free days/nights to play more than 30-60 minutes for a while. Once I do though gonna spend a night working on Shinryuu Ex. If I can get that and the rest of Alexander Savage done before 4.4 comes out that'd be nice.

Also, I haven't even touched the 2.25 content yet. Hildebrand I figure I can do whenever, but I should probably unlock Eureka since it's probably dead by now/soon. Since I was out of town when it came out I sorta felt like I missed the boat on it and haven't been motivated to unlock it yet.

Bebpo

« Reply #1447 on: April 17, 2018, 01:56:15 AM »
Decided to run DR with my lvl.47 DRK, got lvl.47 Aurum Vale. Entire party outside one DPS was new (I count myself as new since I did AV like once a year ago as DPS and don't remember a thing). That dungeon is rough. We died a lot on people aggro-ing too many mobs, or messing up on the first boss with the stacks/poison/geysers, or getting AoE 1000-ton swiped on the 2nd boss. I'm glad and really surprised that everyone stuck around and no one raged at the other players even when people were fucking up (like running through the area before boss 3 aggro-ing every scorpion and then running into the boss room so now there are scorpions everywhere on the path).

When we beat it was pretty feel good. Got me from 47->49. Next time I run DR I'll finally hit 50, equip my i120 ironworks gear and start trying out tanking 24-man/8-man raids/Ex bosses. Should be a fun diversion.

Bebpo

« Reply #1448 on: May 19, 2018, 02:42:21 PM »
New patch in a few days? I guess I'll do the story msq and run the new raid once or twice. I still haven't bothered unlocking Eureka.

I'm kinda on hiatus lately. Just been doing my weekly souvenir turn-ins for gathering each weekend and selling some MB stuff. Next week I should have the last of the gatherer legendary books (have all the SB ones, 2 left in HW) and crafting recipe books. Probably will stop doing the weekly scrip souvenir run after that even if there's some decent money in selling script stuff. Not sure if it's worth the 45 mins each week.

Still need to sit down and work on clearing out some of the battle stuff like Shinryuu Ex. Just been busy and no time to dedicate a full day or two for learning it with a party and beating it.

Bebpo

« Reply #1449 on: May 31, 2018, 02:18:05 AM »
Anyone playing the new patch? I’ve had a bad flu, so don’t feel up to multiplayer gaming so I haven’t tried the new raid yet. Wonder how it is, same with the new Ex trial.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1450 on: May 31, 2018, 04:29:24 AM »
I play but I’m still on the leveling part so haven’t started raiding yet. It just seems so intimidating.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1451 on: May 31, 2018, 06:31:39 AM »
raids are no different than anything else imo unless you're doing savage shit

ive only done the story on the new patch because i needed to level all my super-old gear. hopefully should be able to start the rest this weekend.

oh also i gotta say having a roulette that does the 8-man raids is fucking awesome. ive only been able to do some of those fights once or twice so it'll be great getting to play them again with inexperienced people. its a long overdue addition imo.
pcp

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1452 on: May 31, 2018, 09:46:46 AM »
I think I am still subbed ( :doge ) so may log in at some point this weekend.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1453 on: June 04, 2018, 09:59:17 AM »
raids are no different than anything else imo unless you're doing savage shit

ive only done the story on the new patch because i needed to level all my super-old gear. hopefully should be able to start the rest this weekend.

oh also i gotta say having a roulette that does the 8-man raids is fucking awesome. ive only been able to do some of those fights once or twice so it'll be great getting to play them again with inexperienced people. its a long overdue addition imo.

70 (PLD) now, which is why I find it extra intimidating. But I do prefer tanking over DPS (especially over healing) in this game so it’s my own problem I guess. It’s nice with instant queue too, even when I’m on a US server during off-time. How badly will it go for me, starting with shitty ilvl 270 gear? I don’t know where to begin for 70 gear, and it seems like I’d have to do shittons of dungeons to even get a chance for winning an item. Aren’t there any L70 friendly ways to get “first 70” gear? Like the hallf of novice or some shit.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1454 on: June 04, 2018, 12:50:48 PM »
Glow weapon from POTD. Honestly you’ll gear up quick running the most recent dungeons as tank. Don’t stress, you’ll gear up quick.

Bebpo

« Reply #1455 on: June 06, 2018, 01:28:17 AM »
Finally tried unlocking the new raid. lol at the red Chocobo bit. I died a couple times and bailed. Will try again another day.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1456 on: June 06, 2018, 01:59:29 AM »
The red chocobos are fucking cursed.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1457 on: June 06, 2018, 07:26:39 AM »
yeah wtf @ their aoe being some kind of supernuke. i had to get help from a random player to finish the damn thing.

i will say it was pretty fun on release day tho when there were like 60 of the damn things spawned at all times bc everyone was doing the quest at once.

pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1458 on: June 06, 2018, 06:42:19 PM »
The hardest part is the .5 second cast for the AoE. I'm currently playing on a laggy computer for a bit and I kept getting screwed by how fast the AoE went off and I wouldn't escape it in time ><

Bebpo

« Reply #1459 on: June 30, 2018, 11:44:06 PM »
Finally tried the new alliance raid. Group voted abandon after an hour+ in after multiple wipes on the 3rd boss. Yay.

Bebpo

« Reply #1460 on: July 01, 2018, 10:26:49 PM »
Tried again today and cleared it with this group but took us over 90 minutes. We might've had one wipe on the first boss, don't remember, probably not. But we had 2 wipes on the 2nd, 2 wipes on the 3rd and only one after a looong fight thanks to no enrage timer (if boss #3 Construct 7 had an enrage timer, would be pretty impossible with pugs), and 2 wipes on the 4th boss which isn't too bad but still a challenge.

It's a good raid, I like that there's no push over bosses like boss #3/boss #4 in the first raid set. Every boss can stump you and even if you don't wipe on the first boss there's a lot to keep track of and it's easy to die individually. Looking forward to running it a few more times for gear, though hopefully I'll get lucky and get with some groups where we clear faster than 90 mins...

Guess doing this also is motivating me to catch up and do the 3.3 MSQ, unlock 3.25 Eureka, do the 3.3 dungeon, unlock the 3.3 crafting tribes and do the 3.25 Hildebrand. 3.35 comes out tomorrow night and I'm so behind I don't even know what it's adding.

Bebpo

« Reply #1461 on: July 02, 2018, 06:30:06 PM »
Unlocked Eureka and messed around in it for 15 mins. Then read a few guides to get what its about.

On one hand it's kinda cool to have a new area to map out with new music and more community to interact with on the big Notorious Monsters. Since I enjoying doing Hunts in the main game, it's like more active hunts with even more people. The elemental strengths/weaknesses seems potentially interesting, but a bit simplified. When they said there was gonna be a GRID I was thinking like an FFXII license board or at least FFX style, but nah this is so simple.

On the other hand, there's jack shit to do in the area besides punch on monsters from lvl.1-5 or something over 1-2 hours of mindless grinding, then join NM trains and grind for more hours to 20 and grind out relics and relic armor. Both which are close to outdated by current patch equipment in stats (armor equal to tome i360, 24man i360 gear; weapons equal to Byakko Ex). Also the map is gated in a very specific way where it's like you can fight enemies in the first 50 feet at lvl.1, then first 100 feet from base at lvl.2, then first 150 feet from base at lvl.3, so it's not even like Xenoblade or FFXII where you can run around. Basically you just very slowly grind and get a little further out for the first 5 levels or so. Also outside the NM train, after a couple months of being out it's totally dead so good luck finding a party for 1-5 or 1-10.

If there was more solo stuff to do in the early levels, like quests to do, things to discover, idk something to mix it up it'd be a lot better. But it's obviously not aimed at solo, even for early levels. So idk. And then tomorrow Deep Dungeon 2.0 comes out Heaven and you need to have beaten DD 1.0 1-50 which I've never done (only done through like 30). So will try to finish DD 1-50 and unlock High on Heaven. But then yeah, splitting my time between Eureka leveling, High and Heaven leveling, and main game Ex/Savage stuff I still gotta clear...too much stuff lol. Also feels like the remaining player base which is smaller right now will be split three ways with this stuff and Eureka is probably gonna be totally abandoned tomorrow until the next addition to it for the relic.

Feels like it would've been smarter to release one of these 2 mini-game worlds with Eureka & High on Heaven at 4.1 for post-game stuff and then the next one at like 4.3/4.4 so they are spaced out.

Bebpo

« Reply #1462 on: July 02, 2018, 08:40:31 PM »
Yay, did Deep Dungeon floor 21-50 with my DRK which brought it from 49-50 and almost to 51. Now just gotta do the lvl.50 DRK job quest! But now I can unlock the new deep dungeon tomorrow, yay.

What's the point of doing floors 50-200 in Deep Dungeon?

Bebpo

« Reply #1463 on: July 03, 2018, 01:12:27 AM »
Played for the last 2 hours before maintenance and had a good pretty good session! Cleared the new dungeon Swallows Compass which was pretty nice looking and fun bosses, then struggled a bit on the solo boss after but eventually beat him (boy do I not like playing non-tank/non-healing jobs in solo instance boss fights). Then did Dark Knight job quest lvl.50 which was cool and got AF1 and started working on my DRK glamor. Also did the transition quest and now I just gotta hit lvl.52 to start the next set of job quests.

Then for the last 30 mins I tried jumping back into Eureka and giving it another shot. I was grinding SO FUCKING SLOW solo and I would DIE ON A SINGLE LVL.1 MOB GOING IN AT FULL HP, but I ran into another player who was lvl.1 and RDM so I invited them and even though the xp gain dropped in half (because solo has a bonus), we were blowing through lvl.1 enemies in 20 seconds or so each, and got a #20 chain going, then hit lvl.2 and continued on lvl.2 enemies and then got the challenge log XP which boosted to lvl.3 and then fought lvl.3 enemies and got about halfway to lvl.4 before maintenance started. Was sorta fun and said my thanks to my grinding partner, but it was also nothing but 25 mins of grinding lvl.1, lvl.2 and lvl.3 enemies one after another and that's kind of fucking laaaaame. I figure when I hit lvl.5 I'll join the grind trains with full 8 people parties and that should help speed up leveling further. I guessssss I'll get to lvl.20 just out of stubborness, and maybe get the anime weapon if it's not a huge grind after that. Mostly just so I'm prepped and ready to enter Eureka area 2 when it drops in a few weeks and requires lvl.20 to even get in. I'm too much of a content tourist and want to run around and check out the map.

But yeah, I don't see myself doing more than like 30 mins to 1 hour of Eureka grinding a session because it's just too much brain dead. At least I can log on and do other content I need to get to and then just throw in 30-60 mins of Eureka grinding at the end if I've got time.

At this point I really need to tackle the 3.3 MSQ since a new trial and the CRAFTING TRIBE is locked behind it and those are the next two things I wanna get on, so yeah, tomorrow I'll unlock High on Heaven and try it out and then probably get started on the 3.3 MSQ.

Bebpo

« Reply #1464 on: July 04, 2018, 01:14:28 AM »
So...High on Heaven, the new Deep Dungeon Palace of the Dead.

Has that good ole' day 1 FF14 thing where it can spawn new instances so no one can get it again. Raban-gate all over again. lol MMOs day 1 are hilarious.

Bebpo

« Reply #1465 on: July 06, 2018, 10:16:44 PM »
Got into High on Heaven, seems pretty boring. For whatever reason people aren't speedrunning it like Palace so it feels a lot slower. I guess there's some need loot drops, but will just do the 30 floors for the story and get out. I guess it'll be useful for bringing 2ndary characters from lvl.60-70 xp-wise.

Bebpo

« Reply #1466 on: July 07, 2018, 04:01:08 PM »
Idk if PoTD is like this too, but HoH with 4 DPS can be kinda brutal. Just did 11-20 that way and took a while with a lot of character deaths.

Also can we talk about how bullshit the 24man raid upgrades are? So for pt.1 every week you run it you get hopefully an equip drop + an item to upgrade a tome gear. Sounds good.

But for raid 2, the gear upgrade now requires an item from both Ridona & an item from Rabnastre. Like fuck that I’m not going to spend 60 mins going on though Rabnastre again just for an i10 upgrade item. Doesn’t make sense why gear should need more than the Ridona item for i360->i370 tome upgrade. Will just do my weekly Ridona run and get an i360 set and that’ll hold me until the next normal 8 man raid tier in 4.4.

Bebpo

« Reply #1467 on: July 07, 2018, 04:09:43 PM »
But yeah doing Ridona again this week, it’s a much better raid than Rabnastre in everything except the visuals and junk mobs between bosses. The lighthouse is kinda boring without much variety and the in-between mob fights are zzz, but all 4 bosses are legit good and keep you paying attention. The main reason I don’t like replaying Rabnastre is the last boss is such a snore. Even chariot dude is pretty dull and ice summon as well. Hashmel is the only exciting fight in that raid.

Looking forward to the bosses in the final part of the raid! Hoping for the light/dark summons, but I bet we get cuchulainn because it’s iconic looking.

Bebpo

« Reply #1468 on: July 09, 2018, 02:36:03 AM »
Finished the 3.3 MSQ. That was pretty good. Time to move into new expansion intro!
Also unlocked the Namazu Beast Tribe and it's lol

Bebpo

« Reply #1469 on: July 09, 2018, 02:59:33 PM »
Btw, almost done with Botanist quests (last gathering job quests need to catch up on) 1-50 ARR set. These suuuuuck. I can't wait to have all job quests done through lvl.50 for every class because man ARR quest design is so dated. As much as it was fun as my first MMO getting to lvl.50, they've really improved almost everything from HW onward and any relic stuff from ARR tends to be pretty pain in the butt.

Bebpo

« Reply #1470 on: July 09, 2018, 11:21:34 PM »

Pretty much the Namazu in a nutshell. So in other words, they're awesome!

Bebpo

« Reply #1471 on: July 15, 2018, 04:59:41 AM »
Don't mind me, just still enjoying the best beast tribe that is Namazu

Bebpo

« Reply #1472 on: July 16, 2018, 02:45:50 AM »
Finished the Botany questline through SB and wooooooooow was the lvl.60-70 SB questline awful. LET'S PLANT SOME STUFF! And that's like...it. Compared to the Goblin tank builders on Miner and even the Fisher stuff which wasn't great but still better, Botanist was zzzzzzz. HW botanist was pretty dull too until the last mission where the church is like FARMER, YOU MUST TRIAL BY COMBAT FOR GROWING CROPS WITH FILTHY FOREIGNERS! And you have to prove him innocent and own the church in the process.

At least now the gathering job quests are all done until next exp. Just need to get the rest of the crafter job questlines taken care of. Only did GSM so far...that's a lot left to do and those 1-50 ARR job quests are ;_;

At least with the Namazu having fun driving my Mikoshi mount around going wasshoi! wasshoi!

Bebpo

« Reply #1473 on: July 16, 2018, 06:13:02 PM »

Rathalos mount :o
Bet drop rate is like 1/999 in Rathalos Ex :(
Also you know the leap into the air fire blast everyone is gonna be the DPS check phase change flashy bit haha

At least it's not a timed event. Will be around for the life of FF14 which is cool. Makes sense though, otherwise they wouldn't put the budget into a full on trial (and assuming Ex trial).

Bebpo

« Reply #1474 on: August 08, 2018, 04:19:57 AM »
/Dustball rolls by

So...anyone still play FF14 here? Rathalos Trial came out yesterday. Didn't have time to play it yesterday and just unlocked it tonight but no time to try the fight. Hopefully will do the normal fight tomorrow. Enjoying the MH nods so far.

Also Eureka 2nd map is out, but got to have cleared the first one to get there.

I think my goal is to clear Shinryu/Tsukiyome/Rathalos EX and Eureka 1st map before 4.4 comes out and I'm back to weekly normal raiding for gear.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1475 on: August 08, 2018, 06:39:33 AM »
Haven’t played in months. Should probably pop on and catch up MSQ and see if company even together anymore.I think I am still subbed.  :lol

Will have to see all I missed, think it is only one patch. They kinda need to up the patch frequency or have smaller xpacs.

Bebpo

« Reply #1476 on: August 09, 2018, 03:24:10 AM »
Having a nasty run on Ridorna. Really laggy and everyone keeps dying from dumb stuff. Construct 7 is taking foreeeeeveer like he always does when people die and lose the damage buff+2.

Only did this because wanted to see if I can get the NIN body armor drop to complete my FFT NIN set. No drop so far, 2 chests left  :'(

Did Rathalos normal, was kinda zzz, Ex seems interesting in that it’s 4man.

Bebpo

« Reply #1477 on: August 09, 2018, 04:07:20 AM »
Yeah, that was rough. Never dealt with lag like that before. Was fighting Yzmat and everyone just froze up and then suddenly a few seconds later everything moved in FF and I was dead on the ground ;_; Raids are not good with lag. Didn't get any drops either zzz I think I'm done with Ridorna at this point. Not worth running the 45-70 min stage over and over until I get my glamor body piece. Also somebody stuck a + sign marker on my head the entire stage which was kinda annoying!

Was weird too because once I was out of the raid my connection seemed fine? I did Rathalos Normal again and it was smooth.

Also because of the lag in Ridorna, got killed and then revived during Computation Mode with full 40,000+ HP. I was like "uhhhh, do I have to do math in the 40,000s??" but nope you just don't participate at all which means you don't get the 2x damage multiplier which means you're fucked :|

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1478 on: August 09, 2018, 09:25:07 AM »
I logged in and FC seems to be in life support mode. Also see then new craft/gather gear is out, at least it looks better than the trash set that came in when I got bored. it's like half the price as well, but I am thinking I may as well just wait till new patch/xpac. Had 31MM gils left which I guess is decent? For some reason I remembered having more :snob

I probably won't be playing this much if at all next few months but who knows, and it's only $10/month so  :yeshrug

Bebpo

« Reply #1479 on: August 20, 2018, 02:15:26 AM »
The seasonal moonfaire reward outfit is pretty nice, at least for guys. Will be useful pieces for mixing and matching outfits.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1480 on: August 20, 2018, 08:55:24 PM »
endless irl bs and an attempt to play thru some older games means I've only had time to log in and play thru whenever they add new content, but lately I've been able to get on a little more. working on crafting more simple shit for my house til i work my way to the advanced stuff. also wanna do the beast tribes bc there's a lot of those i haven't finished, and work on all the extreme bosses post 3.3. I'd like to learn eureka too, but I'll prolly never get to the end of the rougelike dungeons.

also the Stormblood soundtrack finally came out and good lord is it amazing. it's enjoyable to listen to in game ofc but having it all in one collection is just too good. might be the best ffxiv album yet.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1481 on: August 21, 2018, 01:39:39 AM »
Eureka sucks. I’m a content tourist but I’ve resigned myself to never touching the relic shit because all it is, is mindless zzz grinding for grinding sake for some colored weapon glamor.

I was reading about Eureka Pagos and people reaaaaaally hate it. Sounds like the community basically feels it’s the worst piece of content since 1.x.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1482 on: August 21, 2018, 12:23:02 PM »
from what i understand, eureka was designed to appeal to ffxi players aka fucking lunatics, but i haven't even heard any of them playing it. I'm going I'll be able to explore the map and see the story without a months long grind, but i dunno.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #1483 on: October 10, 2018, 02:31:58 PM »
Just kinda curious if anyone's played 4.4? It came out while I was on vacation and when I got back Sen/Cold Steel IV was out and I was thick into Monster Hunter GU so I haven't touched it. Probably won't get to it until 4.5 since I'm not gonna be done with 100+ hour Sen IV for a couple months.

I did see Pre-orders were up for Eorza Encylopedia 2.0 for late November and pre-ordered one. Dunno how much new content there will be to justify a 2nd book already (just the SB stuff, right?) but oh well, will check it out.

Bebpo

« Reply #1484 on: November 16, 2018, 12:40:43 PM »
I would assume expansion since it comes out next summer.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1485 on: November 16, 2018, 02:28:58 PM »
Damn it now I am looking. Looks like fan fest is back in Vegas, it was fun wandering into that unexpectedly a few years ago.

Bebpo

« Reply #1486 on: November 16, 2018, 02:53:17 PM »
Blue Mage class sounds kinda whack to me. Can't use it in any HW/SB/Shadowbringers content for now. zZzz.

Also Shadowbringers is a crappy name for the new expansion lol

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1487 on: November 16, 2018, 02:54:55 PM »
I mean STORMBLOOD wasn’t best either.  :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #1488 on: November 16, 2018, 03:00:05 PM »
Fair enough. Maybe this expansion will be based around Dark Knights?

Anyhow I think releasing DPS job Blue Mage in 4.5 and upgrading it through 5.0 makes sense...if the 2 main new jobs available at 5.0 are tank/healer. This way there's a DPS-carrot throughout the expansion for DPS players. Very curious what the tank job will be. Was talking to duckroll some months ago and given where this expansion should take place he was thinking a Magitek Knight.

I still need to play 4.4 MSQ so I can get a better feel of where the story is going. At this point since I'm playing other stuff right now I'm just gonna wait until 4.5 comes out and do all the 4.4/4.5 content at the same time over a few weeks/month.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1489 on: November 16, 2018, 03:37:49 PM »
I think I have same plan, will check out next year and catch up.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1490 on: November 16, 2018, 04:20:45 PM »
MAXIMUM HYPE FUUUUUUUUU

sounds like good stuff so far, especially the bit where i can transfer works for free bc im sick of Hyperion. i have a lot of catching up to do tho; haven't even done anything from 4.4 besides msq.
pcp

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1491 on: November 28, 2018, 05:11:44 PM »
doesn't 2 just add SB stuff? I got the first one and eh.

Bebpo

« Reply #1492 on: November 28, 2018, 05:50:44 PM »
The first one's pretty cool. If the 2nd one is all the stuff in the first one + new stuff I would think it would make the first one pointless now?

Bebpo

« Reply #1493 on: November 28, 2018, 06:07:48 PM »
Oh, so I cancelled my account for the first time since I started in Nov 2016. Just haven't touched this in a couple months with all the other new game releases. Have 30 days left on my sub and will probably log in once to do the christmas event but probably won't do any content until I re-sub a month or two before the new expansion and catch up. Just felt like I was throwing money down the drain staying subbed if I'm not really playing it regularly.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1494 on: November 28, 2018, 11:10:27 PM »
I know that feel 😅

Bebpo

« Reply #1495 on: December 12, 2018, 02:11:33 PM »
Whoops, realized if I unsub I'll lose my housing since you have to check in every 30 days.
Built up my house to much at this point, they got me by the balls. Guess I'm still subbing.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1496 on: December 13, 2018, 10:09:35 AM »
 :lol
What

Bebpo

« Reply #1497 on: January 16, 2019, 01:32:45 PM »
So if you've ever wondered what happens if you accepted a limited time quest and the time runs out before you complete it....

I realized last night I hadn't done the new years event, turns out it expired yesterday morning. So I ran around looking for the npc I was supposed to talk to since the quest (which I'd grabbed earlier) was still active and he was gone ;_; had to abandon the quest since it was active but not completeable.

First event I've missed since I subbed. Oh well.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 01:36:53 PM by Bebpo »

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1498 on: January 16, 2019, 05:53:20 PM »
shit, i didn't finish that one either. there was no one else around to help with the damn fate. oh well, heavensturn always has crappy rewards anyways.
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1499 on: January 17, 2019, 06:04:55 PM »
only just started it yet and im not even geared up enough to do the 4.4 raids so it'll be a while before i get to it all sorry
pcp