Author Topic: DESTINY 2  (Read 75014 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: DESTINY 2
« Reply #540 on: August 28, 2018, 11:15:50 AM »
This trailer is so fucking good. ONE WEEK LEFT
fat

kingv

« Reply #541 on: August 28, 2018, 11:28:59 AM »
So today it looks like many of the forsaken changes go into effect but some shit is locked out.... is there any reason to play at all?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #542 on: August 28, 2018, 11:37:31 AM »
To mess with the new changes and get prepared for next week?
fat

kingv

« Reply #543 on: August 28, 2018, 12:09:40 PM »
I guess I meant, do the new changes help you get prepared? I feel like the  new light levels are still locked until next week, right?

I’ll still probably log enough to do the public events powerful gear milestone. And be otherwise awesome.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #544 on: August 28, 2018, 12:56:17 PM »
The short answer is no. It just helps you get familiar with the gun changes and how you will play the game going forward.

You can also play Gambit on Saturday.
fat

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #545 on: August 28, 2018, 12:58:20 PM »
Do I need the pass thing or just the expansion, never read up on that

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #546 on: August 28, 2018, 01:18:15 PM »
Just the expansion. But you also need both other xpacs as well (COO and Warmind). The Annual Pass is for people who want to play more destiny.
fat

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #547 on: August 28, 2018, 02:00:41 PM »
that was a good trailer...why am i feeling things for this dumb game again

kingv

« Reply #548 on: August 28, 2018, 02:16:17 PM »
I bought the deluxe with the annual, but kind of wish I knew more about what the annual actually contains. It’s still really vague.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #549 on: August 28, 2018, 02:23:26 PM »
I bought the deluxe with the annual, but kind of wish I knew more about what the annual actually contains. It’s still really vague.

Well have I got good news for you

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47163

fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #550 on: September 03, 2018, 12:15:19 PM »
24 hours until Forsaken.... did some last minute grind prep, can't wait :aah
fat

kingv

« Reply #551 on: September 03, 2018, 12:41:00 PM »
Me too. The crucible changes so far are pretty legit. Lowering the time to kill makes it a bunch bette.

My biggest decision is what to use my spark of light on. I have a warlock, but can’t decide if I want to run a hunter or a titan for my 2nd character.

I’m leaning towards titan, as the new supers look legit.

kingv

« Reply #552 on: September 03, 2018, 12:42:00 PM »
The missile one gives me flashbacks to that exotic helm in D1 where you could jump in the air and smash into the ground like a boss....

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #553 on: September 03, 2018, 09:48:58 PM »
Thats actually what the melee perk does with that tree. Gives you Death From Above
fat

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #554 on: September 03, 2018, 09:56:40 PM »
Haven’t played in forever but I bought this

kingv

« Reply #555 on: September 03, 2018, 10:30:55 PM »
Death from above is mad stupid, but also mad fun. Best move to Leroy Jenkins in Destiny.

kingv

« Reply #556 on: September 04, 2018, 08:37:01 PM »
Ugh, giving my kid a bath and all I want to do is go become legend.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #557 on: September 04, 2018, 09:13:49 PM »
So good
fat

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #558 on: September 05, 2018, 02:20:02 AM »
Should i pay 70 bucks to get Forsaken and the Annual Pass?

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #559 on: September 05, 2018, 04:05:57 AM »
So good

Is it truly good or the usual Bungie with two steps forward one step back? I liked TTK for reference but have not played the game after Destiny 2 beta, which was meh overall.

Bebpo

« Reply #560 on: September 05, 2018, 06:34:07 PM »
Is Destiny 2 vanilla any good these days since it was free in PS+?

I played like 4 hours of Destiny 1 and that's it. Can I jump right in?

kingv

« Reply #561 on: September 05, 2018, 09:19:51 PM »
I think it’s lretty good.

It’s definitely at the best state D2 has been since launch.

There is a lot of content, even in the base game and you get the benefit of the new sandbox which is a pretty good improvement.

You might not be able to get to the required level for some endgame activities, but other than that, it’s good.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #562 on: September 05, 2018, 10:48:36 PM »
The Dreaming City is one of the best designed places yet, gorgeous.
fat

kingv

« Reply #563 on: September 06, 2018, 09:05:16 AM »
I just beat the campaign last night. It was pretty good (but pretty short too).

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #564 on: September 06, 2018, 10:00:55 AM »
I still haven't beat the main Destiny 2 campaign yet because i'm doing all sorts of shit (adventures, public/heroic public events and now strikes) to get that light level up :-[

Then there is Osiris and Warmind content (i might just say fuck it and add Forsaken to the list by the end of this week :doge)

kingv

« Reply #565 on: September 06, 2018, 01:10:59 PM »
Warmind and Osiris campaigns are both pretty short honestly. I think you could theoretically beat each one in one sitting apiece, especially if you have a group.

Purple Filth

« Reply #566 on: September 09, 2018, 07:09:41 PM »
Got to Level 50 and over 500 Light/Power  :lawd :noah :aah :whew

Still going through Osiris and man along with the campaign of the base game Destiny 2's story i just there i suppose.

Also Osiris is coming off like an huge asshole so i honestly could not give a fuck about these current story beats

kingv

« Reply #567 on: September 09, 2018, 07:35:57 PM »
Destiny’s story is just really hard to follow. It’s sort of nonsensical, and a lot of the concepts are not really explained.

Like the traveler, light, the darkness. They are just sort of there.

Purple Filth

« Reply #568 on: September 09, 2018, 09:42:52 PM »
Destiny’s story is just really hard to follow. It’s sort of nonsensical, and a lot of the concepts are not really explained.

Like the traveler, light, the darkness. They are just sort of there.

i assume the grimoire cards would explain it  :doge

But even removing all that this story is just eh with this bland villain that you only see maybe less that an a eighth of the main campaign. The only cool part was them losing their light and being hit with thoughts of their mortality in a long time.

kingv

« Reply #569 on: September 09, 2018, 09:52:57 PM »
Yeah, I feel like some of the plot beats are ok, but the lore around it gives really bad context for the events.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #570 on: September 10, 2018, 10:14:02 AM »
The Forsaken strikes are easily the best in the series. Especially Warden of Nothing. Watch a youtube if you are curious.
fat

kingv

« Reply #571 on: September 10, 2018, 10:34:17 AM »
Warden of nothing boss fight is pretty cool.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #572 on: September 10, 2018, 01:00:30 PM »
Ugh I gotta play this, strikes be my favorite

Purple Filth

« Reply #573 on: September 10, 2018, 06:16:09 PM »
I got that one and it was alright :yeshrug

Maybe its because i didn't play the first Destiny to get the nuances.

Tried a NightFall when i was at 496 and no one appeared plus a shitty Vex Goblin was doing some decent damage  :stahp
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 06:24:22 PM by Purple Filth »

kingv

« Reply #574 on: September 10, 2018, 06:53:55 PM »
Nightfall doesn’t have matchmaking (at least I think it still doesn’t) unless you play a “guided game”. Guided game is dumb and will probably take you 45 minutes to get into one because it requires the other two people to be in the same clan.

If you are on Xbox use the Xbox LFG through the Xbox interface. I’m not sure what PS4 gamers use for lfg these days.

Honestly, Xbox lfg improves destiny like 100% because you can almost always find other trying to do whatever you are trying to do.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #575 on: September 10, 2018, 07:17:55 PM »
Xbl is good, it is known

Purple Filth

« Reply #576 on: September 11, 2018, 11:26:28 AM »
On PC so that wont help.

FatalT

« Reply #577 on: September 12, 2018, 05:44:56 PM »
On PC so that wont help.

Download the official Destiny 2 companion app and go to Fireteams on there. It’s basically a LFG for every system.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #578 on: September 14, 2018, 08:43:56 PM »
gambit is fun, but boy crucible still sure fuckin blows

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #579 on: September 15, 2018, 12:01:19 AM »
Crucible super fun now. Forsaken fixed it

World First raid is going on right now. Only a few teams are on the final boss. Raid launched at 1pm EST
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #580 on: September 15, 2018, 01:46:07 PM »
24 hours later, only 3 teams have finished. two teams beat it within the 24 hours and received an exclusive emblem. only 12 players in the entire game have it.

the third team unfortunately beat it 2 minutes after, rip

also it unlocked some content for everyone else (new strike, gambit map, couple bounties for gambit & dreaming city)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 01:57:05 PM by demi »
fat

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #581 on: September 15, 2018, 07:50:41 PM »
who was the second? i saw the Redeem finish, that last area troll :lol

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #582 on: October 04, 2018, 02:58:30 AM »
Been on that grind. Up to 530 light

anyone playing on ps4
dur

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #583 on: October 23, 2018, 04:28:13 PM »
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/rumor-destiny-3-is-in-the-works-will-be-more-hardcore-than-destiny-2/

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Can't wait for them to scrap it two years in and have to build an entire new game 8-6 months before launch
[close]

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #584 on: October 24, 2018, 12:41:23 PM »
Finished the Redrix Broadsword quest, and last night hit 2100 Glory, just need to finish the steps and I get Luna's Howl
fat

kingv

« Reply #585 on: October 24, 2018, 01:42:48 PM »
I could never grind out that much crucible.

I’m bad at it, and tend to solo queue.

I did pick up horror story.

I feel like the festival event is pretty good, but just a little bit too much of a grind (as usual).

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #586 on: October 24, 2018, 02:30:28 PM »
Everyone is getting Thunderlord at the end of the event to hype up Black Armory so it'll be fine.
fat

kingv

« Reply #587 on: October 24, 2018, 02:38:20 PM »
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/rumor-destiny-3-is-in-the-works-will-be-more-hardcore-than-destiny-2/

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Can't wait for them to scrap it two years in and have to build an entire new game 8-6 months before launch
[close]

They need more armor sets more than anything

I think there is like 4 or 5 year 2 legendary sets per class

Edit: I suspect that thunderbird will
Be a bitch to get, but excited to see if that rumor is true.

I’m also curious about the rumored “black” exotics and 1) if they will exist and 2) how they work.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #588 on: November 03, 2018, 10:33:48 PM »

Freyj

« Reply #589 on: November 04, 2018, 03:58:42 PM »
Converted a bunch of WoW gold into Blizzbux while the token was down and bought this. Base game was okay, kinda more of the same from Destiny 1 where the setting and story felt like a minimalist anime with characters epousing nonsense but good shooting I guess. Forsaken’s first mission turned that around a lot and the Tangled Shore has just been more “fun” thus far.

Did mostly Adventures and Missions until Forsaken and they’re all too long in the tooth and could all use one less fight sequence. Pacing in Forsaken seems much improved. Story’s still kind of a lot nonsense but it’s entertaining and Blizzard could learn a lot from the gameplay loops here.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #590 on: November 04, 2018, 09:07:09 PM »
Yeah there story is basically uncomprehendable unless you were big into destiny one tbh

I had a clam buddy way to intonthe shit who filled gaps for me. Not that it mattered.
dur

kingv

« Reply #591 on: November 04, 2018, 11:15:36 PM »
Apparently the destiny 1 story is pretty good if you read all of the lore cards and then fill in all the gaps, but what’s actually in the game is terrible.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #592 on: November 10, 2018, 02:40:21 AM »
https://streamable.com/aj47h
https://streamable.com/oq8lp

god bless bad mm and free giveaways

:doge

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #593 on: November 10, 2018, 02:57:29 AM »
Apparently the destiny 1 story is pretty good if you read all of the lore cards and then fill in all the gaps, but what’s actually in the game is terrible.
That's because it was essentially pasted into the game at the last minute: https://kotaku.com/the-messy-true-story-behind-the-making-of-destiny-1737556731

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #594 on: November 10, 2018, 03:02:20 AM »
Saw it on the side of the page while getting that link...
Guess that Humble Bundle in June-July didn't work out too well. :doge :doge
https://kotaku.com/activision-says-its-not-happy-with-destinys-sales-1830322804
“Some of our other franchises like Destiny are not performing as well as we’d like,” the company said on today’s earnings call.

Freyj

« Reply #595 on: November 10, 2018, 10:47:26 AM »
I already hate the monetization in games like Destiny (not being able to return after any length of time without shelling out $40) but I got into 1 with TTK and 2 with Forsaken. That’s the exact opposite of what most people do, but with games as a service or MMOs it seems to be the best bet: buy in for a discount after the patches / expansions fix all the problems.

Blizzard’s in the same spot with WoW. Battle for Azeroth launched unfinished and shitty and by the time the second year rolls around when all the fixes would typically be in the damage has been done.

Maybe someone will learn to release Games as a Service when they’re done, but more than likely we’ll just see more egregious monetization to try to suck even more money out of the shrinking playerbase.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #596 on: November 10, 2018, 12:30:26 PM »

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #597 on: November 10, 2018, 10:00:20 PM »
it doesn't help that the new player experience isn't very good. the game doesn't bother explaining why you should look at item perks, the actual campaign is tedious and level gated and you end up running all the content over and over in the endgame anyway, and the grouping is impressively incompetent to the point of being entirely useless in game. all that aside, i really enjoy the game, but even with the recent discounts and including the old DLC with forsaken, it's tough to recommend to new players

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #598 on: November 27, 2018, 11:06:33 AM »
Today marks Season 5, and next week is the first "Annual Pass" content Black Armory
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #599 on: November 27, 2018, 12:25:45 PM »
fat