Author Topic: EDGELORDUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds is the tits  (Read 72564 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: EDGELORDUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds is the tits
« Reply #660 on: March 21, 2018, 11:45:51 AM »
true true
What

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #661 on: March 21, 2018, 11:57:43 AM »
Also I will say that Tencent put in decent work on this port. Despite the fact that my phone's screen runs hot (I should look into lowering the framerate I guess) and it setting it on "low" for my 2-3 year old low-end phone, it runs well and looks decently. If they get controller support in, Fortnite would be beaten to the punch before it even got out.

thisismyusername

« Reply #662 on: March 24, 2018, 03:59:44 PM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Player (may have been a bot?) died outside the playzone when we reached like level 6. I was camped in this shack to the SW of the Ruins which the zone got smaller and smaller on. Lucked out on that after being ill-equipped (Uzi and a Shotgun) from the get-go. Got pot-shotted like 2-4 times, killed two players (bots? Not sure, I was prone and they could've probably killed me if I didn't just spray them down without ADS),
 got to the top 10 and *heavy breathing* started until this dude died, in which case I cracked up and yelled "YES" at the same time.
[close]

First solo win in either version of the game. I think I can retire now. :doge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #663 on: March 24, 2018, 04:03:49 PM »
congrats dude!

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #664 on: March 26, 2018, 12:45:14 PM »
What

thisismyusername

« Reply #665 on: March 26, 2018, 06:22:19 PM »
3 mins in, diving under the car. :leon

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #666 on: March 26, 2018, 10:08:26 PM »
dog

thisismyusername

« Reply #667 on: March 26, 2018, 10:26:11 PM »
When the servers are back up, I'm going to have to screenshot the Duo loss I just got before the servers were taken down (I guess this is why the smallish zone suddenly apparead after like 5 minutes) when I was in the water with 3 people left (1 duo squad and me solo since my partner died). I forget if it's possible to throw a grenade in the water--Toku, is it possible? I know you can't fire weapons in deep water--and the dudes were RIGHT above me throwing grenades, shooting ammo and throwing grenades. It amused the hell out of my duo partner.

Funny way to lose, I'm not even angry that the small circle (which is the first time I've seen it be THAT FUCKING TINY) was on land when I was basically sweating it in the water.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 11:51:12 AM by thisismyusername »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #668 on: March 27, 2018, 09:03:25 AM »
Weapon skins huh... fuck man as if we need that stupid shit purple skinned gund ffs this game blows chunks
What

thisismyusername

« Reply #669 on: March 27, 2018, 04:36:24 PM »
Spoiler for size:

Throwing grenades everywhere to try to flush me out. :lol

[close]

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #670 on: March 27, 2018, 05:07:03 PM »
Why did you bother blacking out your ingame name?
What

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #671 on: March 27, 2018, 05:12:00 PM »
It's Cream.

thisismyusername

« Reply #672 on: March 27, 2018, 05:37:15 PM »
Why did you bother blacking out your ingame name?

OpSec. That and because:

It's Cream.

:doge

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #673 on: March 28, 2018, 08:22:14 AM »
First game of the day..

:leon :dice

I was busy on my phone during the landing and landed near 3 other guys. Punched 2 afk people to death and had a fistfight with the last one which I won with about 35% health left. Then a car came by probably trying to kill the afk people but I went prone so he didn't see me. I proceeded into the nearest town which was Primorsk, and found myself a m16 and a shotgun. Ran for awhile because the circle went north to Georgopol. Found a bike and drove the rest of the way while dodging people shooting at me, I managed to not get hit. Near Georgopol I hid in a house and healed up, then went towards Zharki and looted a little bit there when I found a kar98 and a m4 in a house. Sweet jesus. The circle hits the mountain right south of Zharki, so I proceed on foot. Killing a guy who was moving on the mountain, I slowly creep my way up as there are only a few left now. I hide on top of the mountain near a rock, and the circle stays perfectly on me. I hear someone crouch walking around the rock so I lean and hit em with the spray, dead. Now it's just me and the last guy.The circle moves so I move with it and see the last guy crawling around a few meters ahead so I walk over and just sprayed him. Stayed calm the entire time because I wasn't expecting to get a chicken dinner on the first game of the day
[close]
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 08:30:30 AM by MMaRsu »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #674 on: March 29, 2018, 04:05:35 PM »
What

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #675 on: March 31, 2018, 06:24:53 PM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #676 on: April 08, 2018, 02:19:15 PM »
What

agrajag

« Reply #677 on: April 13, 2018, 08:11:11 PM »
just started playing PUBG Mobile. How the f do I play this game? I always end up killing 2-3 people, but then the game kills me because I'm not where I'm supposed to be? Also, how do you activate vehicles? The game doesn't give any tutorials or anything. I'm old an I'm lost, halp

thisismyusername

« Reply #678 on: April 13, 2018, 09:40:20 PM »
just started playing PUBG Mobile. How the f do I play this game? I always end up killing 2-3 people, but then the game kills me because I'm not where I'm supposed to be? Also, how do you activate vehicles? The game doesn't give any tutorials or anything. I'm old an I'm lost, halp

Stand next to the a vehicle. There should be a "drive" and "get-in" option. Use drive.

Up on the left (unless you've changed it) accelerates. Down on left decelerates/reverses. Left-right are obviously driving/turning it.

Jump out of the plane where you think you'll be safe (or if you want to hot drop, do that). Loot until the zone notification pops up. If you're in the zone: Great, continue to loot and then camp. If not, loot as much as you can and then start running (or finding a vehicle if you're 500+ meters away).

Camp until the zone collapses. Rinse repeat.

It's basically a stealth game unless you do "hot drops" on a popular area (like school).

Also you're playing with bots for a bit.

agrajag

« Reply #679 on: April 13, 2018, 10:31:58 PM »
How do I know if I'm in the zone or not, that bit is kind of confusing

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #680 on: April 13, 2018, 10:44:03 PM »
The map has a giant circle on it to indicate the safe zone and there's a indicator under the minimap that shows how far you are from being inside it.
dog

thisismyusername

« Reply #681 on: April 13, 2018, 11:52:35 PM »
White = Safe zone's next area.
Blue = Danger zone, which is the circle that recedes.

How is that confusing? :doge

agrajag

« Reply #682 on: April 14, 2018, 04:28:43 PM »
Cause I didn't know there's a safe circle and the game doesn't tell you anything

thisismyusername

« Reply #683 on: April 14, 2018, 05:26:13 PM »
Cause I didn't know there's a safe circle and the game doesn't tell you anything

Dude, the game says "GET TO THE MARKED AREA WITHIN 3 MINUTES." :doge :doge :doge :doge

The mini-map for the first zone shows the safe area as a white circle before the blue circle even appears. :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge

After that the Blue zone appears where the last safe circle was (when it touches) and then a notification appears again about hauling ass to the next safe zone. :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge

The game doesn't need a tutorial. :doge You just have to be observant. :doge :p

Also, if you don't know, the mini-map can be expanded to see the entire map. Which will show you the safe area. :doge

agrajag

« Reply #684 on: April 14, 2018, 11:07:32 PM »
I'm getting the hang of it. For now my main strategy has been to mow people down with vehicles. This netted me a couple top 10 finishes so far.

thisismyusername

« Reply #685 on: April 18, 2018, 10:05:42 AM »
Agra, you're in luck. They finally added a "tutorial" to the mobile version. :doge ;)

agrajag

« Reply #686 on: April 18, 2018, 02:12:01 PM »
Too late, I already know what I'm doing  :sheik

Consistently getting top 20-10 now, but I need to develop a strategy for the endgame. Last time I thought I was doing good, we were down to 10 and I camped out in this tower, but I started moving around like an idiot trying to see anyone out the window and some guy from another building sniped me.

thisismyusername

« Reply #687 on: April 18, 2018, 08:07:15 PM »
If you're in a building and the circle is basically on you, just stay on a window that isn't "bisecting" another window (where someone can see you camping the window). With this latest update on mobile, you'll get an indication if someone is walking around you're area with a footprint icon on the mini-map. Otherwise try to guess where people would be coming from (the other side if you jumped early/late) and flank the circle toward where you think less people will come from.

I've had one game where I won by prone-ing in grass after seeing on the mini-map that people were shooting. I shot one dude on a rock who apparently didn't see me (rock took the shot, get up and fire on him. NotSureIfBot.jpg since he didn't hit more more than a few times before I bursted him to death) before then. The last player starts to walk up the hill, I get up crouching and look for him. No where. I'm thinking "shit, where is he" when he is up on the hill near where I was and I mow him down with a headshot.

Another round I basically dropped early, hit the water/beach to the north of the Base after running through like 2-3 circles. Come WAY the fuck around the bridge and camp this "nook" near... forgetting but it's the right (on the map) bridge of the base. Two players gun battle, one comes out looking for me, doesn't see me in the "nook" I stand up, pop him.

So that's another way of saying that height can play a factor, but hiding in the open also can be good. The one problem with hiding in the grass (beyond camouflage/clothes) is that grass on the mobile version isn't rendered at like 400 meters. So if a player has a 4x scope and starts to scan the horizon, they can see you. So another tip would be to hide behind a rock and try to guess where people would be coming from. Preferably you'd want to hide near a rock where the zone's edge touches so you can at least guarantee (for the most part) that stragglers aren't going to be coming from your six, especially on zone 3-4 where the damage starts to crank up faster.

Indoors, you want to stick to a corner, near a window that doesn't show another window. But if no such window exists, you might want to camp a corner around the stairs so you can tag anyone if they come up. But another tip would be to jump through the windows (until glass is added to the mobile version) so nobody gets a visual cue that you're in there and they may stay on the bottom floor until the zone tells them to push and then you can shoot them in the back if you're careful. If you DON'T want to go through the windows, try to close the door behind you as fast as you can. Unless the building is outside the zone, generally closing doors makes people think the place hasn't been raided so you can camp for someone coming in to check. But if it's outside the zone, people will generally run past to try to make it and open doors in the process.

...Rambling, I'm not sure where I'm going on that. But basically indoors you can stealth and camp where you think you'll be able to see someone without others seeing you. Unless it's outside the zone, in which case, who gives a shit, try to get out of there as fast as you can and toward the treelines (or a vehicle if you have one).

OH YEAH, if you haven't enabled it yet: Enable peek and shoot and peek and aim, since leaning will auto-ADS you with the lean buttons in this latest update. It's a HUGE game-changer, IMO.

thisismyusername

« Reply #688 on: April 18, 2018, 11:05:57 PM »
Well, got second sitting in a literal perverbal hornets nest. EVERYONE firing and stomping around me for 3-4 zones. Took 3 people out running toward my doors. Killed the ONLY door that was facing the zone spraying down another dude who closed the door apparently. Last 3, guy shoots another (or something, didn't see the minimap marker) and smokes up. Rushes me, I start firing on him with my M16 (burst mode) only for him to strafe right stand there and apparently put two-three bullets into my head (since I was crouching). Kinda salty about that, but I can't knock his assault since he rushed in and did get me even if the smoke wasn't THAT effective (since I could see him rushing in from one side). #2 isn't that bad though.

Reached Gold 5 in the mobile version, finally. So 5 more games and I get the Jacket. :doge

agrajag

« Reply #689 on: April 19, 2018, 11:49:07 AM »
thanks for the good tips Timu

Played in a duo match with my boy for the first time, took an easy 2nd. We should have won, but fudged it up at the end.

thisismyusername

« Reply #690 on: April 19, 2018, 09:43:38 PM »
When it gets down to two is when you have to be hyper vigilant. If the zone isn't on you (and most of the time it probably won't be) you can wait until like 30 seconds or (if it's like 150 or so meters away) and then push up (this is going by the PC version. I generally haul ass no matter what on the mobile version just to be on the safe-side) so you're not super exposed when you hit the edge. Though be careful since the zone speeds up and may overtake you. Again, I haven't tried this on the mobile version YMMV.

If it is on you, it's a matter of noticing whatever movement (if any) and sounds (if any) coming from the other person. I don't know if the crouch movement makes less sound than standing or prone, but it's something to keep in mind.

Also taking your shoes off will lower some sounds (I don't really take them off unless I'm playing in Squads with a group I know that does that. I can't really give a shit if people hear me too much), if you didn't know that.

agrajag

« Reply #691 on: April 19, 2018, 09:49:35 PM »
Lol that's the least of my problems. I set the controls so I can look and shoot at the same time and sometimes I accidentally start firing because I'm clumsy

thisismyusername

« Reply #692 on: April 19, 2018, 10:30:26 PM »
You can customize the size and placement of the buttons, for the record. I've gotten used to the default and place my right thumb higher then the right fire button and generally put my weapon away if I'm sneaking around and nobody is around. If I see movement/etc. I'll pull the guns out and get ready to fight.

agrajag

« Reply #693 on: April 25, 2018, 04:06:55 PM »
I feel like I am regressing. I have gotten a string of top 5-10 finishes by playing like a coward, but now I feel like I need to git gud so I started parachuting to the school. But it seems that other players are able to drop down faster than me, somehow, so by the time I land they all have loot and position on me. I aim all the way down so I descend faster, and then glide towards the school. I feel like I may be missing something. :doge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #694 on: April 25, 2018, 10:13:53 PM »
play the way you enjoy playing

agrajag

« Reply #695 on: April 26, 2018, 03:45:10 PM »
Been trying to play in a more skill-based fashion and really seeing the limitations of my abilities. But I feel like I will get better once I put the time in.  :doge

agrajag

« Reply #696 on: April 26, 2018, 07:04:53 PM »
Just got #3, feeling pretty good about this, learning new things. Laying in the grass seems effective in the endgame, that's how the guy killed me.

thisismyusername

« Reply #697 on: April 26, 2018, 10:39:35 PM »
Play squads if you're trying to practice hot-drops, that way you have someone able to revive you if you all drop together.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #698 on: April 27, 2018, 09:00:48 AM »
why should just play together guys  :'( :-*
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #699 on: April 29, 2018, 06:30:45 AM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #700 on: May 03, 2018, 09:54:21 AM »
Ive been getting to second place so many times it makes me cry
What

thisismyusername

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #702 on: May 03, 2018, 10:57:15 AM »
So, this game still shit? Have not played in two months.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #703 on: May 03, 2018, 11:04:29 AM »
i've been playing fortnite a bunch cuz it doesn't do shit like lock up for two seconds as soon as you come around a corner and see someone, which pubg did four games in a row the last time a played it

thisismyusername

« Reply #704 on: May 03, 2018, 07:33:40 PM »
So, this game still shit? Have not played in two months.

I mean the bikes are still physic nightmares that wig out at random times. So... yes, if you don't like the jank it's still "shit."

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

agrajag

« Reply #706 on: May 06, 2018, 06:04:33 AM »
I was playing mobile and all of a sudden my connection went to shit. I was doing so well, killed five people right off the bat, and then everything started jumping and this chick killed me in a gunfight because I was stuck. Frustrating. And the other day it started glitching out and letting me walk through walls. It was fine and I was enjoying that until I fell through the ground and sunk into the river bed

agrajag

« Reply #707 on: May 06, 2018, 12:38:56 PM »
I'm getting better though. Four top 10 in a row. Learning new things all the time.  Last couple of games I learned not to try to snipe if my scope isn't up to par.

thisismyusername

« Reply #708 on: May 06, 2018, 08:43:10 PM »
I'm getting better though. Four top 10 in a row. Learning new things all the time.  Last couple of games I learned not to try to snipe if my scope isn't up to par.

I mean if you git gud (git: gud not found) you can. There is absolutely NOTHING stopping you from shooting past intended range beyond skill-level. AFAIK, the "realistic physics" still don't account for long-shots and even in real-life, you could (though much harder) iron-sight snipe past intended ranges.

agrajag

« Reply #709 on: May 06, 2018, 09:26:11 PM »
yes, but you have to account for the limitation of a particular scope and also depends on the recoil of the gun you have.. whatever I'm drunk leave me alone

agrajag

« Reply #710 on: May 07, 2018, 11:32:01 AM »
fucken el, I just got #3 and died outside the play zone. I was healing myself and then I accidentally moved which canceled the first aid and I died. Rookie mistake

thisismyusername

« Reply #711 on: May 07, 2018, 12:06:05 PM »
AFAIK you can start to move when there is 0.5 seconds left on the timer. So long as you make small movements, the timer doesn't stop. You can even heal in a vehicle if it's not moving past like 5KM/s or something like that.

agrajag

« Reply #712 on: May 07, 2018, 12:12:22 PM »
I always forget to not do anything while I'm healing. Also, this last game I landed in Pachinki and killed a bunch of people right away, felt good.

agrajag

« Reply #713 on: May 07, 2018, 08:18:06 PM »
Just got #2, once again died outside the play zone, just as I killed #3. Sometimes I get tunnel vision and forget to multitask.

Shuri

« Reply #714 on: May 07, 2018, 09:41:40 PM »
Last year, I clocked about 72 hours in the PC version, then jumped into the console version.. I've clocked about 2 weeks of game time in the console version (since I play with my best friend)..

Last week I returned to the pc version to test it out, and HOLY FUCK AT THE DIFFERENCE IN GRAPHICS.

I forgot how great the pc version looks.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #716 on: May 08, 2018, 06:55:43 AM »
Nice kills Toku..you play with music in the bc?
What

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #717 on: May 08, 2018, 02:53:35 PM »
Not only that, he listens with straight up podcasts sometimes. I tried emulating this since there can be a lot of downtime while chasing circles but it was a disaster, even moreso than usual

agrajag

« Reply #718 on: May 08, 2018, 03:13:12 PM »
i can't do that, no distractions when I'm playing

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #719 on: May 08, 2018, 04:56:29 PM »
I only put music on in lobby and while jumping
What