Author Topic: EDGELORDUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds is the tits  (Read 72274 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Re: EDGELORDUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds is the tits
« Reply #480 on: December 11, 2017, 01:26:11 PM »

The only justice here is to add a dick bulge slider. :-*

it's not the size of the bulge that matters, its size of the magazine, the zoom of the scope, and the support of person/s in your squad that matters

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #481 on: December 11, 2017, 03:56:07 PM »

The only justice here is to add a dick bulge slider. :-*

it's not the size of the bulge that matters, its size of the magazine, the zoom of the scope, and the support of person/s in your squad that matters

That was AMAZING
What

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #482 on: December 11, 2017, 07:09:20 PM »

(…)

Is the John Denver soundtrack a tribute to the recent FREE FIRE film?

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #483 on: December 12, 2017, 03:40:44 PM »
Predictably, this runs like trash even on XB1X.  They should, I dunno, spend a couple dollars on optimization, I reckon.
sup

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #484 on: December 12, 2017, 08:29:27 PM »
:lol what a shitshow

Single digit framerate :rofl

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #485 on: December 13, 2017, 01:42:45 PM »
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #486 on: December 13, 2017, 04:03:23 PM »
:kobeyuck
©ZH

Raist

« Reply #487 on: December 13, 2017, 06:56:34 PM »
Good thing they got help from MS's l337 engineer team and the Gears 4 devs :rofl

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #488 on: December 13, 2017, 07:19:24 PM »
Anyone expecting it to run good on X-box (especially the suped up one) when it isn't optimized on PC despite "Early Access" and "launching" in two weeks was delusional. Full out, flat-out, no-joking delusional.

Same shit is gonna happen if VaporwareDayZ PS4 launches.

Raist

« Reply #489 on: December 13, 2017, 07:26:16 PM »
I mean, there's running poorly, and then there's running like something that shouldn't have been released in any way shape or form for another 6 months.

I did fully anticipate it to run badly, especially given how the PC version is an unoptimized mess, but we're reaching some sort of new heights. That Crowbcat vid goddamn :lol

thisismyusername

« Reply #490 on: December 13, 2017, 07:39:24 PM »
I mean, there's running poorly, and then there's running like something that shouldn't have been released in any way shape or form for another 6 months.

Again: It's launching on PC within 2 weeks and still hasn't be optimized. Red-flags should've been thrown out very liberally about that. I don't know what people were expecting about the X-box version when the original still runs poorly.

And they expect to get this to work on iPhone/Android as well? :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf I'm fully expecting an even worse port unless their Chinese house works way better magic than Bluepoint does.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
And there's already like 3-4 Battle Royale titles on Android, 3 from the same Chinese company with various performance issues between them. So... PUBG is gonna beat on that front hard outside of brand name unless they come out swinging with a better launch than this console verison
[close]

I swear it's DayZ 2.0 but at least Bluepoint seems to be working at a steady clip. Now if only they could stop with "features" and actually work on the performance before new content (the lootboxes!)...

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #491 on: December 13, 2017, 07:45:43 PM »
I like the part in the Crowb vid where the guy is like "Maaaaybe it could run on the Switch, who knows?" :lol
©@©™

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #492 on: December 13, 2017, 08:56:12 PM »
yeah the biggest things saving this/bh right now is that it's just generating so much money, particularly in china. They're just stuck in this expanding phase without fixing/reworking their base structure.

I'm hearing good things about optimization/performance on the test server but we'll see. Going by their track record tho im expecting server fires when they launch next week.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #493 on: December 13, 2017, 09:19:04 PM »

Raist

« Reply #494 on: December 13, 2017, 11:04:29 PM »
And they expect to get this to work on iPhone/Android as well? :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf I'm fully expecting an even worse port unless their Chinese house works way better magic than Bluepoint does.

I swear it's DayZ 2.0 but at least Bluepoint seems to be working at a steady clip. Now if only they could stop with "features" and actually work on the performance before new content (the lootboxes!)...

Bluehole.

Bluepoint are the ones doing actual magic. Like the Uncharted Collection and SotC PS4.

yeah the biggest things saving this/bh right now is that it's just generating so much money, particularly in china. They're just stuck in this expanding phase without fixing/reworking their base structure.

I'm hearing good things about optimization/performance on the test server but we'll see. Going by their track record tho im expecting server fires when they launch next week.

Expanding what? The game came out like 9 months ago, and all they've done is add a couple shitty vehicles, a few weapons, and one map. With barely any improvements on how the game runs. And that's while making a metric fuckton of money since basically day 1.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #495 on: December 14, 2017, 03:29:59 PM »

Bluehole.

Bluepoint are the ones doing actual magic. Like the Uncharted Collection and SotC PS4.

Expanding what? The game came out like 9 months ago, and all they've done is add a couple shitty vehicles, a few weapons, and one map. With barely any improvements on how the game runs. And that's while making a metric fuckton of money since basically day 1.

For real, it barely feels like anything has changed. There's a new map, which no one was asking for, and a few new guns. That's it. The game still runs like dogshit, as it has since it launched. It's a shame because the core of the game is so fun, but it's fucking baffling that a company that is making this much money has made almost no progress since launch, and it's fucking embarrassing that they'd release the game in it's current state on Xbone. I'm honestly surprised and disappointed that Microsoft would even allow something to release in such a shitty state, especially after they've been vocal about how they're working with Bluehole on the port.

Part of me kind of assumed/hoped that the Xbone release would coincide with the PC version getting tighter and not running like total fucking ass, which it STLL does almost a year later, but lo and behold they just shit this thing out and decided it was acceptable. At this point I've just given up any hopes that the game will become any more stable than it is now in the future. One of the biggest disappointments of the year for me.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #496 on: December 15, 2017, 01:51:43 AM »
the test server actually runs morealess fine on my decent but not near top end PC. i say runs fine because the actual server performance is rubberband city, but the game itself never really drops under 60fps anymore. not even close on the new map (the wonders of a barren landscape and home made assets).

but like someone said, they've sold a bazillion copies and i'm sure most of what makes this game appealing can be replicated. might just be easier to rebuild a console version from scratch.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #497 on: December 17, 2017, 05:37:54 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #498 on: December 17, 2017, 08:08:10 PM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #500 on: December 21, 2017, 02:05:18 PM »
happy 1.0 day i guess

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #501 on: December 21, 2017, 06:39:51 PM »
Played a bit while a lil tipsy last night and it's surprisingly solid. I can finally run it at full resolution without it completely shitting the bed and the fucked-up buildings at the start haven't happened so far.

thisismyusername

« Reply #502 on: December 21, 2017, 07:24:51 PM »
Graphics seem... :-\

Gameplay is kinda fun, though. I can see what the hook of the game is. I got to top 10 within 4 games played and was shitting my pants in pure terror trying to hoof it across the open since I guessed wrong on the second zone's to third zone's area where it was near my starting point in the start of the game. Got 9th because someone sniped another at the supply drop and I thought the supply drop person just flat out disappeared due to lag or whatever until I saw the killcam. :doge :duh

Performance leaves a little to be desired but it runs better than what the X-box version launched as, so that's a small consolation prize. :doge :doge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #503 on: December 21, 2017, 11:48:09 PM »
First 1.0 Dinner Bless Up as you can tell I tried out the replay feature instead of the regular record

none of that bp i won got reported for some reason because blue hole

:doge

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #504 on: December 22, 2017, 08:10:22 AM »
been forever since I deliberately read a fanboy war thread about a modern game, all the Sony fans gloating over this :lawd

had half a smug master race chuckle at all the people trying to suggest the Pro would be fine cause [some other games] and how this means M$ lied about 6TFLOPS :snob

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

thisismyusername

« Reply #506 on: December 22, 2017, 06:45:16 PM »
I kinda wish there was a "dick around on the island" mode. Just so I could explore and stuff. :doge Kinda hectic to try to find a vehicle and you're like "okay, this city or little town should have a few" and NOPE. *blue circling closing in, heavy breathing while hoofing it barely to the safe zone*

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #507 on: December 22, 2017, 07:15:07 PM »
welcome to hiking simulator

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #508 on: December 22, 2017, 07:53:56 PM »
I can't shoot for shit in this game. The lag combined with no aim assist (not saying it should be GTA level, but it needs a little to help compensate for the shit framerate) has me emptying clips everywhere but into the people I'm trying to hit. Almost every kill I've gotten has been me running someone over.
sup

thisismyusername

« Reply #509 on: December 22, 2017, 08:03:32 PM »
Console?

But yeah. Good luck with cars on PC. People will shoot you since those are big honking "HERE I AM!" signs.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #510 on: December 22, 2017, 10:07:45 PM »
Yeah, console. However, played some squad matches with a group of random nice people and got my first cheeken deener. Too bad I had turned off the DVR because I heard that made the game run better :(
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #511 on: December 22, 2017, 10:13:10 PM »
That was fun, but man this game needs a couple dozen more patches. Bugs forever, shit like icons refusing to load and not being able to pick anything up, rubberbanding so bad you teleport halfway down stairs, etc.
sup

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #512 on: December 22, 2017, 10:16:33 PM »
dunno how they'd go about aim assist in this game. on PC compensating for a pixel either side of them at distance is what the game's all about, if you had aim assist doing all the calculations for you there would be free for all headshots at 500 metres.

i use  the tilt functionality on my steam controller and it makes a world of difference when it comes to precision aiming (only in SP narrative stuff, i'd never play an MP game with a pad). surprised it hasn't been rolled out as a standard thing for controllers.

thisismyusername

« Reply #513 on: December 23, 2017, 12:43:38 AM »
It probably wouldn't because people like me who are used to being able to hold a controller and move about would scream bloody murder. For me, flicking the thumbstick with it and not moving the controller/my hands will still have the gyroscopes (which aren't in the console controllers past the Dual-Shock 3? I think?) freak out and move shit madly. Fuck that.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #514 on: December 24, 2017, 02:25:28 PM »
They need to add the option of joining a squad match without a fourth member. Was playing with two XBL friends last night and we sat there restarting squad matchmaking for a good ten minutes trying to get a fourth before we finally just gave up. Like, just say "Hey, you're joining the match without a full squad, which will put you at a disadvantage. You cool with that? YES/NO." I mean, usually whenever someone random joins he/she gets popped pretty early because they're not talking or working with us, anyway.
sup

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #515 on: December 24, 2017, 02:48:27 PM »
You don't have that on Xbox? On PC there's a checkbox for "Auto Matching". Not sure where it is on the new menu though, can't imagine they'd remove it for 1.0.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #516 on: December 24, 2017, 02:50:56 PM »
Yeah, there's auto matchmaking, it's just that no one ever joined us.  Could have been a glitch, though.
sup

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #517 on: December 24, 2017, 02:57:37 PM »
Not sure what you're asking, do you want to play squad as 3 people only, or do you wanna play squad with 3 friends and one random?

It's probably rare for a solo to wanna squad with 3 randoms instead of soloing.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #518 on: December 24, 2017, 03:19:56 PM »
Squad with 3 only.  It won't let you join without a 4th, and you're right about one person wanting to random squad instead of soloing.
sup

thisismyusername

« Reply #519 on: December 24, 2017, 05:41:52 PM »
Squad with 3 only.  It won't let you join without a 4th, and you're right about one person wanting to random squad instead of soloing.

It should? I joined with 2 others on Squad and it found a random fourth.

With my handicap (that I haven't aired publically but some folks know around here) they were able to carry me a bit. But we kept getting rushed by like 2 squads. One of them had a "remember the Alamo" moment with like 5-10 folks rushing their position after three of us were killed on landing (I really wish the parachutes and players were rendered better...)

It's fun in a team, but I kinda miss my solo-FPP hide-and-seek-and-then-die gameplay style. :doge

Oh, read up. I got your point. In our case, they would help now and then, or drop far away to die quickly or in one case make a lot of noise (but finally when we were around like zone 5 or so they quieted the fuck down while we held a point for like 10 minutes. So it's a toss-up. I do get what you mean by "they should let you join just as is with nobody else joining." It'd probably help.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #520 on: December 25, 2017, 02:07:55 AM »

thisismyusername

« Reply #521 on: December 26, 2017, 09:33:05 PM »
Got a Chicken Dinner with a random squad person. They killed one of us that was downed, I was like a kilometer away fighting a few others while they ran toward the other two that were downed (one was killed the other was bleeding) and then they proceeded to take on 5-6 people to win.

Hacks? I dunno, either way it's good to have a win. I think I'm pretty much done with this game now unless they introduce a new map, optimize it, etc.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #522 on: December 26, 2017, 11:35:38 PM »
runs a lot better for me now, just need to start playing with ppl i like again

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #523 on: December 27, 2017, 08:54:08 AM »
runs a lot better for me now, just need to start playing with ppl i like again
I finally remembered to download 1.0. :lol
Carry me, senpai

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #524 on: December 27, 2017, 09:59:16 AM »
Carry me 2!

So many missed oppertunities.  many a second place :( or third or fourth
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #525 on: December 27, 2017, 01:51:01 PM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #526 on: December 29, 2017, 04:57:17 PM »
First night of the match : 4 kills

aww yea
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #527 on: December 29, 2017, 08:34:18 PM »

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #528 on: December 29, 2017, 09:07:31 PM »
Hey, I got my wish, now you can squad up and join a match with less than 4 people!

now i would like a pony and a million dollars
sup

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #531 on: December 30, 2017, 03:56:50 AM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #532 on: December 30, 2017, 12:30:24 PM »
classic

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #534 on: January 01, 2018, 03:31:44 PM »

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #535 on: January 02, 2018, 03:54:21 PM »

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #536 on: January 02, 2018, 05:34:39 PM »
This is from a few weeks ago before 1.0 on the test server

https://streamable.com/uh613
nat

thisismyusername

« Reply #537 on: January 02, 2018, 07:58:42 PM »
I'm surprised ya'll have 1-2 hit survivals. Most of the gun battles I've been in are over in like 2 seconds with a headshot or quick burst fire. :doge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #538 on: January 02, 2018, 09:07:05 PM »
you're doing fine

thisismyusername

« Reply #539 on: January 03, 2018, 12:43:47 AM »
No, I mean I wish I had gun battles where folks could run around. They end so quickly that you don't get these sorts of moments. :doge