Author Topic: #latestagecapitalism  (Read 359948 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: #latestagecapitalism
« Reply #780 on: April 08, 2019, 02:48:58 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #781 on: April 08, 2019, 06:44:39 PM »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #782 on: April 08, 2019, 06:49:17 PM »

Expensive Pop-Up 'Dome' Restaurant Under Toronto Highway Prompts Protest

The $500-a-table pop-up dinner is being held just a mile away from the site of a former homeless encampment.

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/article/zmajw3/expensive-pop-up-dome-restaurant-under-toronto-highway-prompts-protest?utm_source=munchiesfbus&fbclid=IwAR1hIs8cwtAX4dyyuE_ctxkJIhkCT8SCr0-8gQrFIvHAZ2jK7MC1cEAjMqQ

^_^

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #783 on: April 08, 2019, 07:22:11 PM »

Expensive Pop-Up 'Dome' Restaurant Under Toronto Highway Prompts Protest

The $500-a-table pop-up dinner is being held just a mile away from the site of a former homeless encampment.

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/article/zmajw3/expensive-pop-up-dome-restaurant-under-toronto-highway-prompts-protest?utm_source=munchiesfbus&fbclid=IwAR1hIs8cwtAX4dyyuE_ctxkJIhkCT8SCr0-8gQrFIvHAZ2jK7MC1cEAjMqQ

Water sold separately lol

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #784 on: April 08, 2019, 07:43:57 PM »
Got shown this at work. A company built a second life style app for their employees to work at.

https://m.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #785 on: April 09, 2019, 08:49:08 AM »
https://twitter.com/KateAronoff/status/1082699182517993472

WeWork actually making a profit is a failure on humanity.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #786 on: April 09, 2019, 09:08:41 AM »
Is WeSleep just an orgy?
©@©™

Tripon

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #788 on: April 09, 2019, 09:12:48 PM »

jorma

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #791 on: April 10, 2019, 09:17:31 AM »
"cowperson"

:dead
dog

curly

• cultural maoist

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #794 on: April 11, 2019, 12:35:29 AM »

Tripon

« Reply #795 on: April 12, 2019, 09:44:22 PM »

Tripon

Tripon

« Reply #797 on: April 14, 2019, 05:36:32 PM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #798 on: April 14, 2019, 05:56:22 PM »
Human contact, what sick shit will they think of next? :yuck
©@©™

BisMarckie

« Reply #799 on: April 14, 2019, 05:58:30 PM »
Paying 100 bucks an hour to cuddle?
that would be more than enough to get a massage with a happy ending. :gurl

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #800 on: April 14, 2019, 09:20:44 PM »
 Think You Might Feel Awkward During a Snuggle Session? At Least You Don't Have to Cuddle Someone in a Tail Suit

There's more than one reason why someone that was enthusiastic about scheduling a professional snuggling may suddenly decide they don't want a session after all. While I completely understand people that want to be in their comfort zone if they do a session, the fact of the matter is you're probably doing something outside of your comfort zone just by looking into a professional snuggling service. Despite the overwhelming media covering professional snuggling and its legitimacy, there's still a lot of people out there that have never heard of this service, have no idea what it entails, or thinks it's a front for something more risque (if you haven't figured out by now, it's not).

One of the most common hangups I hear from potential clients? They feel like they might be too awkward in general during the session and make me uncomfortable.  But I can guarantee you that as an ex-engineer, self-proclaimed nerd, and someone that ran into almost every navigate social etiquette mine growing up, it is really, really, REALLY hard to make me uncomfortable (that is not a challenge).

However, I always fall back on one particular experience that had to be, hands-down, one of the most awkward snuggling experiences I've had. It was the appointment my client wore a tailsuit for the session.

With permission from the snugglee (and with full understanding from both of us that yes, this was hilarious in hindsight and it's okay to poke fun at), I am releasing this story to the public.

I was just a few months in doing snuggling part time around my schedule and I was trying to balance my full time job along with this gig and my own social life, and I had no idea how to manage my calendar. This particular client-- we'll cal him Jim-- was only in town for the week on business. He was nervous about a meeting with a bunch of clients and how to not be awkward about it. We had tried scheduling earlier in the week so he could calm down before the big meeting, but my weekdays had me tied up at a construction job site and I couldn't get home and cleaned up in time to work with him in a timely manner. He suggested early mornings, which I couldn't do, and the date got closer to his big meeting and we still couldn't schedule something. I didn't know how to just let it go and not rush trying to schedule a session if the timing just wasn't going to work, and he was determined to do this before he had to meet with his clients. Finally we settled on Thursday night-- the same evening he was supposed to meet with his clients.

I arrived at his hotel early, sat down in the lobby, and texted him that I was here. He came down... in a full-on tail suit. Normally this wouldn't have looked so bad if I was also dressed well, but here I was in the lobby meeting a man in a tail suit in my pajama bottoms and a tank top with a zip-up sweatshirt on, still too new to think of changing in the bathroom when I get to a hotel appointment (I also learned to ask if they'll be coming straight from formal/semiformal business meetings so I look in place when I meet up with them).

I was thinking maybe he would change out of the suit to cuddle. He did not want to. He wanted to stay in this suit so he could go straight to his clients once we were done. Okaaaaay, I thought. How do I do this without wrinkling it?

Everything about the session that ensued was uncomfortable-- he was anxious and moved around a lot in his stuffy, stiff suit. He had his tail suit jacket on (which he wouldn't take off even when I told him he could), and I tried not to wrinkle his shirt when I laid my head on him. He was covered pretty well, so any touch I gave him he couldn't even feel because of the layers he wore. I don't know how he wasn't sweating through all of them.

In the end we decided to lay next to each other on our backs and let him talk out his anxiety about his clients, which I count as a net win for helping him but a complete failure for cuddling. I wish I remember the details of the entire meeting, but I got the impression that this was his first time meeting them in person after several emails back and forth, and he was the least experienced of his colleagues and didn't want to make too much of a fool of himself when they went to the theater. At the end of the session, I left the hotel and he took five more minutes to double check his look before he bolted down to meet his clients like he didn't just attempt to cuddle with a professional snuggler while wearing a tail suit.

The next day he thanked me and then apologized many times for his awkwardness and reassured me the session's weird nature was not my fault. He also told me that he thinks the meeting with his clients went well. I told him everything that happened was completely okay, that next time he's in Boston he's welcome to work with me again in anything more comfortable than what he did this time. We both got a good laugh out of it and he agreed that the next time he's in Boston he'll shoot me a message. He hasn't come back since unfortunately... which personally makes me sad because I wanted to show off how much better I've gotten at handling situations like this.

So just remember the next time you feel awkward about the idea of hiring a professional snuggler... at least you're not trying to cuddle in a tail suit.
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #801 on: April 15, 2019, 01:28:08 PM »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #803 on: April 16, 2019, 09:53:03 AM »
 :badass
Margs

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #804 on: April 16, 2019, 10:00:18 AM »
You don’t hear people asking to watch “man movies”

we'll just pretend the 80s-style action genre doesn't exist i guess

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #805 on: April 16, 2019, 11:05:20 AM »
Oh, and we’re raising your sub cost, kthxbye.
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #806 on: April 18, 2019, 02:53:13 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #807 on: April 18, 2019, 12:47:42 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #808 on: April 18, 2019, 01:13:30 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #809 on: April 19, 2019, 12:59:52 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Tripon

« Reply #811 on: April 19, 2019, 02:59:53 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #812 on: April 19, 2019, 08:12:06 PM »
https://abc7.com/travel/passenger-avoids-$85-overweight-baggage-fee-by-wearing-9-pounds-of-clothing-/5260241/

Tripon

« Reply #813 on: April 19, 2019, 09:57:49 PM »

Jamie Mosley is a successful entrepreneur, who started a company, and made a lot of money, selling a product you might not have realized there was a market for: E-cigarettes that are safe for jails.

Specifically, for his jail — or at least, that's how it started.

Mosley, a former state police officer who moonlights as a NASCAR driver, was elected Jailer of Laurel County Kentucky in 2012. Without the option to sell tobacco in his commissary, the jail saw a new set of problems emerge, like withdrawal issues, more inmate fighting, and an increase in black market trade of tobacco. Furthermore, Mosley found that corrections staff had one less thing to take away from inmates to discourage bad behavior.

"When I developed the product. It was really not with the intention of starting a company I was just trying to solve a problem within my own facility." Mosley told VICE News. So he got the idea to introduce a vape option to his jail, but all of the ones on the market were too easily turned into weapons. So he invented a solution.

"Everything out there had a metal casing or was a very very hard plastic, and could be hammered down into a shank," Mosley said,  "We also wanted something with a very low voltage so that you couldn't utilize it for an ignition source to start a fire with."

Crossbar, as Mosley calls his product, is now in some 33 prisons and jails across the country, and is expected to do $3.5 million in sales this year.

It sells to prisons and jails for about $2 to $3, and the jails, in turn, sell it to inmates for between $10-15. One Crossbar e-cig is said to be the equivalent of about two packs of cigarettes, but inmates say they are still essentially luxury items. And while Mosley sells the ecigs to his own jail at cost, it’s not hard to see the excellent profit margins that would be attractive to other facilities. This additional revenue source is one of the main marketing points for Crossbar.

And while the e-cig trade has made Mosley a fairly wealthy man, he insists he has no plans to give up the job he loves: working at the jail.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #816 on: April 20, 2019, 03:56:33 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #817 on: April 21, 2019, 12:44:25 AM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #818 on: April 21, 2019, 05:23:08 PM »
🤴

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #819 on: April 21, 2019, 07:02:22 PM »

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #820 on: April 22, 2019, 12:50:27 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #823 on: April 22, 2019, 03:07:18 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #824 on: April 22, 2019, 04:19:42 PM »
dog

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #825 on: April 22, 2019, 08:38:48 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #826 on: April 23, 2019, 11:03:30 AM »
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #827 on: April 23, 2019, 11:17:51 AM »
They know how you party.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #828 on: April 23, 2019, 04:12:31 PM »
🤴

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #829 on: April 23, 2019, 04:18:24 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #831 on: April 26, 2019, 01:47:04 AM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler