Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2147070 times)

Novid

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #2220 on: November 13, 2017, 03:49:56 PM »
Patrick Klepek has to be on the list of creepers.
and he should get his ass kicked

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #2221 on: November 13, 2017, 03:50:21 PM »
Man, the bar for "sexual assault" is getting pretty low if #metoo includes flirting and giving attention to with a woman who was flirting back...

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2222 on: November 13, 2017, 03:54:13 PM »
 :idont
camino muerto  ⚰️‏
@sdirtythugnasty
 23h23 hours ago
you're someone i really wanted to stay friends with, phil. until that weird shit w the hotel. but a public apology seems like a "cover your ass" move
Christian Friis‏
@CordyTheSecond
 9h9 hours ago
Kind of like how a public call-out seems like a "15 minutes of fame" move?

camino muerto  ⚰️‏
@sdirtythugnasty
 9h9 hours ago
you're saying this like i have any interest in having people in my mentions blame shit on me being mentally ill. you really think that feels good and is something i want???

camino muerto  ⚰️‏
@sdirtythugnasty
 9h9 hours ago
are you really that inept that you think it's *easy* for anyone to make an allegation like that? because it's not fucking easy and i would not throw that out there if i didn't believe he is purposefully manipulative and gross about shit

Jansen

« Reply #2223 on: November 13, 2017, 03:55:02 PM »
#metoo has gone #toofar

Novid

« Reply #2224 on: November 13, 2017, 03:56:21 PM »
#metoo has gone #toofar
could it possibly a way to get rid of the power structures that didnt get Clinton elected?
Maybe...

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #2225 on: November 13, 2017, 03:58:28 PM »
#metoo has gone #toofar
could it possibly a way to get rid of the power structures that didnt get Clinton elected?
Maybe...

Most likely a distraction from the wealthy elites tax information being publicised.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #2226 on: November 13, 2017, 03:58:49 PM »
Uhhh....

(don't engage)
(don't engage)
(don't engage)
(don't engage)

FF VII > X
rub

injurai

« Reply #2227 on: November 13, 2017, 04:01:43 PM »
Man, the bar for "sexual assault" is getting pretty low if #metoo includes flirting and giving attention to with a woman who was flirting back...

10% of Men and 5% of Women of age 18-24 allegedly believe that a Man asking a Woman out for drinks constitutes sexual harassment.

Relatively low, but still astounding that these percents aren't 0. Also that 10% of men are probably skeevy as fuck.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/11/01/sexual-harassment-how-genders-and-generations-see-/

That said I'm all for actual sexual misconduct being exposed. But it just goes to show that some people will try to latch onto any victim movement as either the victim or the white knight.

etiolate

« Reply #2228 on: November 13, 2017, 04:02:46 PM »
Jail Raider 5: Christopher and the Golden Mattress

benjipwns

« Reply #2229 on: November 13, 2017, 04:02:50 PM »
philip kollar‏Verified account
@pkollar
 23h23 hours ago

It is gracious of you to not hate me. I have struggled a lot with trying to understand power dynamics and my own approach to flirting, and that is why I've turned to outside help. But this is not an excuse for making you or anyone else uncomfortable. Again, I am sorry.
what a dummy

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #2230 on: November 13, 2017, 04:04:09 PM »

10% of Men and 5% of Women of age 18-24 allegedly believe that a Man asking a Woman out for drinks constitutes sexual harassment.

Relatively low, but still astounding that these percents aren't 0. Also that 10% of men are probably skeevy as fuck.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/11/01/sexual-harassment-how-genders-and-generations-see-/

That said I'm all for actual sexual misconduct being exposed. But it just goes to show that some people will try to latch onto any victim movement as either the victim or the white knight.

I'm loving that so many scumbags are getting outed, but if we are going to start dropping allegations with a bar so low I've got a few #metoo posts I could make about a few clingy girls (and guys) from my past.

FunSlower

« Reply #2231 on: November 13, 2017, 04:05:23 PM »
Patrick Klepek has to be on the list of creepers.

There's at least one skeleton in the closet @ Waypoint.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2232 on: November 13, 2017, 04:05:44 PM »

What about pulling someone's bed out of their living area, peeing on it, then throwing the pee at them?
©@©™

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #2233 on: November 13, 2017, 04:06:50 PM »
Uhhh....

(don't engage)
(don't engage)
(don't engage)
(don't engage)

FF VII > X

if youre specifically referencing me, by all means. just remember only the sith deal in absolutes.

etiolate

« Reply #2234 on: November 13, 2017, 04:06:57 PM »
There is a portion of the advocacy groups that seem intent on controlling sex.

stufte

« Reply #2235 on: November 13, 2017, 04:07:41 PM »

What about pulling someone's bed out of their living area, peeing on it, then throwing the pee at them?

CONTEXT MATTERS  :doge

etiolate

« Reply #2236 on: November 13, 2017, 04:10:13 PM »
To be fair to Ami, most of the gals he's into pee their beds as well.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #2237 on: November 13, 2017, 04:14:00 PM »
Uhhh....

(don't engage)
(don't engage)
(don't engage)
(don't engage)

FF VII > X

if youre specifically referencing me, by all means. just remember only the sith deal in absolutes.

good god no I'm not referencing you

but you should also remember

I have the high ground
rub

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #2238 on: November 13, 2017, 04:14:52 PM »
philip kollar‏Verified account
@pkollar
 23h23 hours ago

It is gracious of you to not hate me. I have struggled a lot with trying to understand power dynamics and my own approach to flirting, and that is why I've turned to outside help. But this is not an excuse for making you or anyone else uncomfortable. Again, I am sorry.
what a dummy

Tough to be a famous nerd these days.

- No regular female wants to fuck you, because you are a nerd
- Can't fuck girls who would be attracted to your nerd power, because power dynamics

And apparently the bar for being an uber-powerful nerd who can be accused of taking advantage of their position is pretty low.

OH WELL BACK TO HENTAI
rub

injurai

« Reply #2239 on: November 13, 2017, 04:18:49 PM »

I'm loving that so many scumbags are getting outed, but if we are going to start dropping allegations with a bar so low I've got a few #metoo posts I could make about a few clingy girls (and guys) from my past.

It's just sort of a reality though isn't it. No matter the domain, someone is going to abuse the situation without a shred of irony.

ModernBoxes

« Reply #2240 on: November 13, 2017, 04:19:44 PM »
I was flirted with over DM and that is *~`|{[NOT OK]}`~*. Still recovering from the words.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 04:24:25 PM by ModernBoxes »

stufte

« Reply #2241 on: November 13, 2017, 04:20:20 PM »
Oh, now that woman is blaming the backlash she's getting on Gamergate. :D

etiolate

« Reply #2242 on: November 13, 2017, 04:22:04 PM »
 :rofl

of course

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #2243 on: November 13, 2017, 04:25:23 PM »
I was flirted with over DM and that is NOT OK. Still recovering from the words.

See I guess this is the problem. I have a hard time joking about this stuff because it's a very real issue, but I'm not sure she did anyone any favors. Maybe she left a chunk out, maybe this is a relative aggression where to her it was a huge deal, and to others it wouldn't have been. She needed a friend to really help her through this one before posting on social media because if she has some emotional issues (as she has stated) she's about to have a very bad time I would think. 

This idea of depending on self-affirmation through likes is getting out of control.
rub

benjipwns

« Reply #2244 on: November 13, 2017, 04:26:33 PM »
Lou‏ @louis0nfire
 3h3 hours ago
@austin_walker At what point do I boycott a gaming outlet (Polygon) when sexual misconduct becomes commonplace and they do nothing about it?

austin walker‏Verified account @austin_walker
 3h3 hours ago
I'm very angry at Phil, but also know that the site has a lot of women on staff (including in management positions) who do great work. It is a complicated decision, and I don't think I'd hold it against anyone either way.

camino muerto  ⚰️‏ @sdirtythugnasty
 2h2 hours ago
Replying to @austin_walker @louis0nfire
if it helps, i personally will continue watching and consuming polygon's content and i'm the one that brought up the phil kollar allegations 🤷🏻‍♀️ a lot of other people who work for polygon are awesome and wonderful
i am now officially dumber

benjipwns

« Reply #2245 on: November 13, 2017, 04:27:53 PM »
Lou‏ @louis0nfire
 2h2 hours ago
Replying to @sdirtythugnasty @austin_walker
Thank you. I’m sorry you had to deal with that shit.

camino muerto  ⚰️‏ @sdirtythugnasty
 2h2 hours ago
thank you for kind words! ❤️
she's trying to rope in another victim! get her gamergate!

benjipwns

« Reply #2246 on: November 13, 2017, 04:28:52 PM »
This idea of depending on self-affirmation through likes is getting out of control.
HOW DARE YOU

pls like this post if u read it

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2247 on: November 13, 2017, 04:30:43 PM »
I'm sure you are very angry Austin. ::) Wasn't as angry when nudes were being sent out in a different instance and you insisted it be covered up but hey whatever.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #2248 on: November 13, 2017, 04:31:29 PM »
I didn't read the first part but I read the second part and subscribed    
rub

ModernBoxes

« Reply #2249 on: November 13, 2017, 04:36:46 PM »
I was flirted with over DM and that is NOT OK. Still recovering from the words.

See I guess this is the problem. I have a hard time joking about this stuff because it's a very real issue, but I'm not sure she did anyone any favors. Maybe she left a chunk out, maybe this is a relative aggression where to her it was a huge deal, and to others it wouldn't have been. She needed a friend to really help her through this one before posting on social media because if she has some emotional issues (as she has stated) she's about to have a very bad time I would think.

I'm rambling on a phone and can't see shit
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 04:44:42 PM by ModernBoxes »

Clockwork5

« Reply #2250 on: November 13, 2017, 04:38:08 PM »

LMAO

:delicious

Etoilet redeemed.

tummyfat

« Reply #2251 on: November 13, 2017, 04:38:35 PM »

DON'T LET THESE SEXUAL HARASSMENT ALLEGATIONS DISTRACT YOU FROM THE FACT THAT AMIROX HAD HIS MATTRESS PISSED ON AND THEN HAD A JAR OF PEE THROWN ON HIM LEAVING HIM VISIBLY SOAKED.

etiolate

« Reply #2253 on: November 13, 2017, 04:43:57 PM »
These Polygon promotions sure are getting weird.

benjipwns

« Reply #2254 on: November 13, 2017, 04:51:41 PM »
BEST VIEWED IN MICROSOFT EDGE™ ON WINDOWS 10™

etiolate

« Reply #2255 on: November 13, 2017, 04:53:58 PM »
Stick figures aren't attractive?

Finally something for Klepek to be outraged about.

tummyfat

« Reply #2256 on: November 13, 2017, 04:55:30 PM »
Has anyone used the term 'Gentleman Kollar' in an article about this creep yet?

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2257 on: November 13, 2017, 04:55:47 PM »
I'm worried that we're reaching a point where smaller situations are being blown up and put on public display and are being treated with the same equivalence to the Harvey Weinstein deal. On one hand I don't want to tell a victim how they should feel about what they went through - on another I think not everything needs to be aired publicly.
nat

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2258 on: November 13, 2017, 04:56:00 PM »
man, and just this weekend I was telling my son to be careful of crazies because there are certain kinds of people that if they're not actively embroiled in some drama, they'll simply create it.

Case in point. :trumps
que

hampster

« Reply #2259 on: November 13, 2017, 05:09:41 PM »
man, and just this weekend I was telling my son to be careful of crazies because there are certain kinds of people that if they're not actively embroiled in some drama, they'll simply create it.

Case in point. :trumps

Some just want to live the Homer Simpson life of terrifying lows, dizzying highs, and creamy middles. But sometimes you have to build the roller coaster yourself.
Zzz

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2260 on: November 13, 2017, 05:15:08 PM »

LMAO

:delicious

Etoilet redeemed.
:mynicca :smug

FunSlower

« Reply #2261 on: November 13, 2017, 05:23:58 PM »
Has anyone used the term 'Gentleman Kollar' in an article about this creep yet?

I'm ready

FStop7

« Reply #2262 on: November 13, 2017, 05:44:47 PM »
I bet that mattress really tied the room together.

Malik is not the issue, Dude.  I am talking about drawing a line in the cell.

FartOfWar

« Reply #2263 on: November 13, 2017, 05:49:05 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

the stories told about him when I was with 1UP seemed to suggest that he used pretentious takes on "polyamory" to push women into situations that suited him.

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty
« Reply #2264 on: November 13, 2017, 05:50:09 PM »
yeah camino muerto looks desperate

i don't think it's fair to call philip kollar a sexual predator just yet

etiolate

« Reply #2265 on: November 13, 2017, 05:53:08 PM »
We'll just call him a game journalist and leave it at that.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #2266 on: November 13, 2017, 05:53:50 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/

An EA account has the most downvoted comment in Reddit history.  :lol

I wasn't going to get BF2, but reading about the grind sounds really shitty.

It's continuing to be downvoted nearly 2 days later. :lol

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #2267 on: November 13, 2017, 05:57:56 PM »
Wow it’s almost negative half a mil

kingv

« Reply #2268 on: November 13, 2017, 06:06:54 PM »
So you’re telling me that @sdirtythugnasty would try to slide into peoples DM’s?

It’s almost like going to @deeznuts for a nuanced opinion.

CurseoftheGods

« Reply #2269 on: November 13, 2017, 06:13:14 PM »
guys reddit is amazing, why are people going to RE instead

injurai

« Reply #2270 on: November 13, 2017, 06:15:59 PM »
Wow it’s almost negative half a mil

Well, EA was voted the worst company in the US two years in a row thanks to Reddit. Even beating out banks that at the time were involved in scandals against the American people. Not surprised EA earns the worse rated comment in Reddit history.

benjipwns

« Reply #2271 on: November 13, 2017, 06:17:25 PM »
the stories told about him when I was with 1UP seemed to suggest that he used pretentious takes on "polyamory" to push women into situations that suited him.
i mean plus u gotta be pretty creepy to get hired at game informer amirite

anybody?

CurseoftheGods

« Reply #2272 on: November 13, 2017, 06:19:02 PM »
EA has a history of HORRIBLE business ethics, though

remember when EA bought NFL exclusivity and destroyed the NFL 2K franchise?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #2273 on: November 13, 2017, 06:20:06 PM »
This thread is back to firing on all cylinders . Praise be Benji  :rejoice

now someone pee on me :aah

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #2274 on: November 13, 2017, 06:23:11 PM »

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
serge

Averon

« Reply #2276 on: November 13, 2017, 06:27:14 PM »
News of Amir0x getting soaked in piss while in jail for child porn seems a rather appropriate send off for a crazy year that started on election night 2016.  :lol

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #2277 on: November 13, 2017, 06:27:39 PM »
guys reddit is amazing, why are people going to RE instead
It's a community of people. They can't control the behavior of other people on Reddit, so they constructed a space for themselves. That's not good or bad in itself, but I think it's an accurate explanation of why they didn't just disperse to various subreddits which will always be bigger and more active than the threads on Resetera.
每天生气

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
serge