Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2146577 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #2280 on: November 13, 2017, 06:31:35 PM »
EA has a history of HORRIBLE business ethics, though

remember when EA bought NFL exclusivity and destroyed the NFL 2K franchise?
that one should really be taken off the ledger against them

the NFL wanted to go exclusive, like it was doing with all its licensing at the time, EA was going to pay almost anything to keep Madden

the NFL was also upset with 2K's selling their games at $20 as they believed it diminished the NFL brand especially when EA lowered their price to $40 to compete, the NBA was also slightly upset with this practice but always had effectively an "anyone who wants it" licensing policy

2K stupidly fucked the whole thing up by letting that loss turn into a bidding war over MLB rights which were so bad the company never made money off of it and stopped putting out the games as soon as they were able to under the agreement...this also indirectly led to them bailing out of NHL games too

i always thought they should have backed out and let EA eat that MLB cost too as a sign of good will

etiolate

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #2281 on: November 13, 2017, 06:33:00 PM »
HOT TAKE: The NBA becoming just a 2k franchise has been just as shitty as Madden getting the NFL license exclusive.

zepblackstar

« Reply #2282 on: November 13, 2017, 06:33:19 PM »
Morgan obtained a container of urine and threw it on Goldberg and the corrections officer.

How do you have container of piss in your cell....

Clockwork5

« Reply #2283 on: November 13, 2017, 06:36:04 PM »
Morgan obtained a container of urine and threw it on Goldberg and the corrections officer.

Premeditated.

benjipwns

« Reply #2284 on: November 13, 2017, 06:37:34 PM »
HOT TAKE: The NBA becoming just a 2k franchise has been just as shitty as Madden getting the NFL license exclusive.
But the NBA isn't just a 2K franchise. EA has never dropped the license, even acquired the NBA Jam name, while Midway and Sony both continued to hold a license until 2010.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #2285 on: November 13, 2017, 06:39:36 PM »
Any container can be a container of piss with planning!

benjipwns

« Reply #2286 on: November 13, 2017, 06:41:21 PM »

Looks like somebody needs to watch hours upon hours of MSNBC's Lockup.

etiolate

« Reply #2287 on: November 13, 2017, 06:43:13 PM »
But the NBA isn't just a 2K franchise. EA has never dropped the license, even acquired the NBA Jam name, while Midway and Sony both continued to hold a license until 2010.

It's become a 2k franchise, not that it's contractually llmited as is the NFL case.  EA helps this by fucking up Live, but 2k running out the same faulty approach every year without any real competition is just as lame as the Madden scenario.

zepblackstar

« Reply #2288 on: November 13, 2017, 06:44:14 PM »

Premeditated.

But you are supposed to check the cells every so often because of stuff like this...weapons..not that I know really how all jails work... :doge

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2289 on: November 13, 2017, 06:48:10 PM »
http://www.monroecountyda.com/news/2017/november/inmate-mccf-charged-urinating-cellmates-mattress-throwing-urine-corrections-officer/

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Remember when Amir0x pretended to be a hard as fuck thug?  I guess he's not so tough now that it isn't his mom or some random house that he (allegedly) broke into.
🍆🍆

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
que

Himu

« Reply #2291 on: November 13, 2017, 06:52:20 PM »

That's the result of Live sucking tho
IYKYK

Nuitangg

« Reply #2292 on: November 13, 2017, 06:53:02 PM »
Dude jarred his urine for us. Legend.

benjipwns

« Reply #2293 on: November 13, 2017, 06:53:46 PM »
It's become a 2k franchise, not that it's contractually llmited as is the NFL case.  EA helps this by fucking up Live, but 2k running out the same faulty approach every year without any real competition is just as lame as the Madden scenario.
That's what 2K's always done with it. It's what they did with NFL too.

VC's NBA 2K engine truly dates back to NBA Action 98 for the Sega Saturn/PC. It's like Call of Duty in that you can play the games in order and see how they've dabbled with it over time. I'm sure there's nothing left of it but even if you went 98->2K->2K3->2K6->etc. you'd notice the similarities and evolution in basic mechanics especially the animation handling.

EA's had the opposite problem in that they've scrapped and started new engines over and over, even when they didn't need to. Rather than doing anything incremental for more than a year or two. The best considered Live games historically were always second or third iterations of the engine.

Madden's had a bit of both as its issue over the years.

FLASH FACT: VC worked on the cancelled PS1/Saturn Madden 96 and were one of EA's sports developers before EA brought that all in house. After the cancellation, they did NHL 97 and split off, before landing in the warm bosom of Sega.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2294 on: November 13, 2017, 06:55:33 PM »
🍆🍆

Bore Expert

« Reply #2295 on: November 13, 2017, 06:56:20 PM »
Amirox didn’t make it long enough to get Gaf Gold so he’ll have to settle for Prison Gold.

:piss 🙅‍♂️

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #2297 on: November 13, 2017, 07:03:34 PM »
If you asked me five years ago I would have voted Amir0x as Gaffer most likely to have a person pee in a cup and throw it at him.
sigh

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #2298 on: November 13, 2017, 07:13:07 PM »
Someone should send screen caps of all of this to amirox in prison.

:hyper

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace

FStop7

« Reply #2301 on: November 13, 2017, 07:26:24 PM »
Ami engaging in some serious Tobias Beecher cosplay.

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #2302 on: November 13, 2017, 07:26:25 PM »
You'd think that with Ami's experience in pissing contests at NeoGAF, he'd be able to hold his own in that scenario but nope.

You suck, Ami.

Novid

« Reply #2303 on: November 13, 2017, 07:32:03 PM »
That's what 2K's always done with it. It's what they did with NFL too.

VC's NBA 2K engine truly dates back to NBA Action 98 for the Sega Saturn/PC. It's like Call of Duty in that you can play the games in order and see how they've dabbled with it over time. I'm sure there's nothing left of it but even if you went 98->2K->2K3->2K6->etc. you'd notice the similarities and evolution in basic mechanics especially the animation handling.

EA's had the opposite problem in that they've scrapped and started new engines over and over, even when they didn't need to. Rather than doing anything incremental for more than a year or two. The best considered Live games historically were always second or third iterations of the engine.

Madden's had a bit of both as its issue over the years.

FLASH FACT: VC worked on the cancelled PS1/Saturn Madden 96 and were one of EA's sports developers before EA brought that all in house. After the cancellation, they did NHL 97 and split off, before landing in the warm bosom of Sega.

Theirs positives and negatives with keeping old engines. The issue is the new stuff that added to the consoles. You can make new engines to call up the new libraries in the architecture, or you can use the old engines to run the data better and add new links to the old codes backbone.

The problem is new hitches appear on older backbones because either the library in the old code doesnt need be called in the new architecture. One of the ways ID handle it was to build a new engine based on old code for DOOM's secret levels. Dont know why more folks do it that way (and if they do then its kinda sad it isnt done well due to crunch etc)

agrajag

« Reply #2304 on: November 13, 2017, 07:32:21 PM »
turn down your south park ami, you can't enjoy your golden showers while beating on your mom

:trumps

Himu

« Reply #2305 on: November 13, 2017, 07:34:28 PM »

fuck them
IYKYK

FStop7

« Reply #2306 on: November 13, 2017, 07:35:18 PM »
dp

He's still in county.  That won't happen until he's in state prison.

agrajag

« Reply #2307 on: November 13, 2017, 07:37:37 PM »
he's still in county and already getting piss thrown on him  :lol

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #2308 on: November 13, 2017, 07:37:49 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

fuck them

are you saying that social pressures are causing some people to WANT dysphoria? That's scary.

Himu

« Reply #2309 on: November 13, 2017, 07:38:44 PM »
no, if they don't have dysphoria then fuck them
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #2310 on: November 13, 2017, 07:51:24 PM »
IIRC, Amir0x's plea agreement will result in minimal prison time (especially since he's been in jail since the arrest), it'll be the probation violation within two months of getting out that puts him in for longer.

My reading of the law didn't entirely agree with the guy on VOAT but he's actually talked to court officials and works there (and I assume is more familiar with PA process) and he suggested Amir0x might even be able to avoid registering as a sex offender depending on whether the judge wishes to sentence beyond the plea agreement.

After re-reading the section and the next part that I didn't know was related I agreed with the post he made suggesting the lack of extra jail time.

So this happened as he's almost on his way out potentially. :lol

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty
« Reply #2311 on: November 13, 2017, 07:54:35 PM »
how did they even get the news for this story? it's not exactly the kind of stuff that would set the world on fire

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #2312 on: November 13, 2017, 08:00:12 PM »
How long before Ami is on Reset under a new username? He'll basically be indistinguishable from most of the other poliERA users so good luck in your game of "spot the pedo", Reset Mods

:mjcry

agrajag

« Reply #2314 on: November 13, 2017, 08:07:05 PM »
word.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #2315 on: November 13, 2017, 08:11:19 PM »
How long before Ami is on Reset under a new username? He'll basically be indistinguishable from most of the other poliERA users so good luck in your game of "spot the pedo", Reset Mods

I’d LOVE to see his reaction when he gets out and GAF is dead.

benjipwns

« Reply #2316 on: November 13, 2017, 08:12:34 PM »
How long before Ami is on Reset under a new username? He'll basically be indistinguishable from most of the other poliERA users
NOT denutted

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2317 on: November 13, 2017, 08:38:06 PM »
http://www.monroecountyda.com/news/2017/november/inmate-mccf-charged-urinating-cellmates-mattress-throwing-urine-corrections-officer/

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

This is what cell block D thinks of contrarians, nicca!

I’d LOVE to see his reaction when he gets out and GAF is dead.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 08:42:24 PM by BlueTsunami »
:9

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #2318 on: November 13, 2017, 08:50:49 PM »
how did they even get the news for this story? it's not exactly the kind of stuff that would set the world on fire

I was wondering this, too. I figured shit like this happened in jails all the time to the degree that it wasn’t newsworthy.

I’m wagering the sites reporting on this saw how their hit counts soared on the initial reports and are fishing for more Ami gold. No doubt this article got more traffic than gaf today.
serge

Dennis

« Reply #2319 on: November 13, 2017, 08:53:37 PM »

Yeah it is honestly bizarre. You'd figure lots of weird shits goes down in prison every day without ending up on the news.

benjipwns

« Reply #2320 on: November 13, 2017, 08:54:15 PM »
"I swiped right on him, and we 'matched,'  which means he had already swiped right on me first.  I felt so violated, coerced, I was only 35 at the time and suffering from a prolapsed rectum which made me hyper analy sensual and he was 36 and should have known better."  - Twitter post in the future.
I can't believe we have Gamergate doxxers on this forum, I thought this was a safe space for the community.

benjipwns

« Reply #2321 on: November 13, 2017, 09:02:34 PM »
It really makes you take stock of the degraded state of our criminal justice system under Trump though. If something like that could happen to a former NeoGAF.com moderator and leader of a cell of #TheResistance of all people what's stopping it from happening to me?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2322 on: November 13, 2017, 09:04:25 PM »

Yeah it is honestly bizarre. You'd figure lots of weird shits goes down in prison every day without ending up on the news.

It's from the website of the county DA's office, that's just the kind of stuff they report on.
dog

TVC15

« Reply #2323 on: November 13, 2017, 09:10:02 PM »
The article didn’t go into enough detail. I want to know about his replacement cellie, including dick measurements.
serge

benjipwns

« Reply #2324 on: November 13, 2017, 09:10:37 PM »
It's from the website of the county DA's office, that's just the kind of stuff they report on.
District Attorney E. David Christine, Jr., a registered Republican
Yep, a Trump/Russian/Gamergate payback operation for all the damage Amir0x has done to them via NeoGAF.com and twitter.

Same reason they were sent after besada probably.

benjipwns

« Reply #2326 on: November 13, 2017, 09:17:21 PM »
From the author of the #ResetEra manifesto: https://www.resetera.com/posts/587896/
This was an argument I would often articulate during the hashing out about how trigger warnings should be handled circa 2013.

My personal context is that I used to have an aunt who tormented me with a ventriloquist dummy named Willie Talk. Willie Talk lived in my grandparents house. Every time I went over, she would bring him out and terrify me with him. It's the kind of thing that could only ever be scary to an especially young child, and it is difficult to convey how frightening it was, but the terror I felt at that age was extreme and debilitating. I believed that doll was evil, I believed it wanted to hurt me, and my aunt played my fear of the doll to her advantage every opportunity she got.

My fear made her jubilant. She loved when I came to the house because she thought it was hilarious how scared I got. When I was a blathering snotty mess, she would put the doll away and promise me she'd gotten rid of it. She said it was in the trash, or in the fireplace, and that she would protect me from now on. She'd make me tell her I loved her and promised the doll was gone forever and then bring it back out at the next opportunity and send me into a tailspin of horror and broken trust. She'd lock me in the closet with it, she'd tuck it in next to me when I was asleep, she would call me to dinner and have it sitting at the dinner table. She made me afraid to go anywhere or do anything because I thought the doll would be there.

My aunt was institutionalized a few years ago. I don't know where she is now.

Up until my twenties I had a paralyzing fear of ventriloquist dolls. Seeing one, especially unexpectedly, would force me into a physical lockdown. My eyes would squeeze shut, I would involuntarily crouch on the ground, and breaking from this position required an immense effort. Even if I only locked down for a few seconds, coming out of it was exhausting. It would suddenly feel like I hadn't slept in days and I would collapse in fatigue at the earliest opportunity.

Every time I would stumble across one in an antique store or see on on television, I physically revolted to the stimulus because I would illogically believe I was about to be murdered. My body would brace itself for it and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I avoided dummies, I warned people I knew, and I just tried to go as much of my life as possible without ever seeing or interacting with these dolls. This was thankfully fairly easy. You don't see ventriloquist dolls every day.

As I got older, I slowly overcame my fear by forcing exposure to the stimulus. The first many times were difficult. I needed somebody else there. I needed to psyche myself up and know it was going to happen. There were a few times where I felt like my heart was going to explode out of my chest and the dummy would actually succeed in killing me that way. But it got better with time. I was able to repress and resist my involuntary convulsions until they stopped happening. I was able to actually laugh a bit about it. It took years of controlled exposure but finally I wasn't afraid of the dolls. I finally considered myself "over it" when I found one in an antique store and was able to pick the doll up.

I still have an involuntary reaction. Seeing a doll unexpectedly still shocks me a bit. I can feel my heart rate go up and sometimes it gives me a sudden sweat response. My eyes always quickly shift away from it as if I'm walking in on somebody naked. But it only lasts about a second and the response is really minor. I can look the doll in the face and keep walking. I am fine.

I would not be a functioning adult who is not afraid of puppets if I continued to shield myself from the stimulus. There are realities and traumas far more damaging than something like this. What I went through is only a fraction of what rape victims or war veterans must process -- I would never equate fear of dolls to that kind of anguish. But my experience did teach me the value of facing your fear until you can resume ordinary function. Even if it never goes all the way away, and even if it still upsets you, you will be stronger if you can overcome it. Hiding from reality gives your trauma infinite power over you. It suppresses and poisons and crushes you and that's why some people found seemingly arbitrary trigger warnings so appealing.

Nobody wants to face their demons. But you must.

Medicine and mental health care do not focus on helping you hide from your pain. They help you process it. They help you challenge it and overcome it. Shelter and censorship will not help you do that. Triumphing over trauma is very hard and everyone works through it in different ways and at a different pace. When denizens on Tumblr wanted me to help them self-censor their exposure to Mass Effect GIFs, I knew I was off the trigger warning train. That is not something I support.

And because this is a sensitive subject, I want to clarify again that I absolutely do not make light of the things that haunt people. I do not think everyone seeking content warnings for their own benefit is hiding from something, or avoiding the truth, or rejecting reality. It's also not my decision when or how people with trauma attempt to overcome it. That's on them. I would not punish or rebuff somebody who isn't ready to do that and I don't intend to shame anyone who seeks the comfort of content warnings in spaces where they are just not looking to stare their demons down. I hope I have articulated that I support anyone with heavy hearts and minds. My issues with trigger warnings are not in their concept, but in their execution and legacy.

agrajag

« Reply #2327 on: November 13, 2017, 09:28:46 PM »
District Attorney E. David Christine, Jr., a registered Republican
Yep, a Trump/Russian/Gamergate payback operation for all the damage Amir0x has done to them via NeoGAF.com and twitter.

Same reason they were sent after besada probably.

benji why did u just doxx besada

benjipwns

« Reply #2328 on: November 13, 2017, 09:44:27 PM »
Look, sometimes the best way to apologize to someone is by surprising them with an anonymous gift left inside their house without their knowledge while they were away.

agrajag

« Reply #2329 on: November 13, 2017, 09:53:24 PM »
when I was little I used to be terrified of this deaf-mute lady that was always at this one park that my mom took me and my sister to play with. She was a sweet older lady that just loved children, but I thought she was some monster because I didn't understand the concept of deaf-mutes at the time, so I broke into tears and ran away from her whenever I saw her. Probably made her feel like shit.

CrankyJay

« Reply #2330 on: November 13, 2017, 10:02:47 PM »

No way he gets out of being a registered sex offender.

EightBitNate

« Reply #2331 on: November 13, 2017, 10:16:19 PM »
Real talk how hard is it to send a prisoner a letter? I want to let him know what's been going down.

Edit: do we know if he's still at Monroe County? Sorry not too familiar with the prison system outside Orange is the New Black. Somewhat wanna fill me in?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 10:21:02 PM by EightBitNate »

TVC15

« Reply #2332 on: November 13, 2017, 10:25:53 PM »
Real talk how hard is it to send a prisoner a letter? I want to let him know what's been going down.

Edit: do we know if he's still at Monroe County? Sorry not too familiar with the prison system outside Orange is the New Black. Somewhat wanna fill me in?

Tell him you’re 11 and named Sally and mailing him as part of your middle school’s pen pal program.
serge

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2333 on: November 13, 2017, 10:28:12 PM »
IIRC, Amir0x's plea agreement will result in minimal prison time (especially since he's been in jail since the arrest), it'll be the probation violation within two months of getting out that puts him in for longer.

My reading of the law didn't entirely agree with the guy on VOAT but he's actually talked to court officials and works there (and I assume is more familiar with PA process) and he suggested Amir0x might even be able to avoid registering as a sex offender depending on whether the judge wishes to sentence beyond the plea agreement.

After re-reading the section and the next part that I didn't know was related I agreed with the post he made suggesting the lack of extra jail time.

So this happened as he's almost on his way out potentially. :lol

I look forward to his account being fast tracked for approval on RejectEra when he gets out.
🍆🍆

EightBitNate

« Reply #2334 on: November 13, 2017, 10:38:49 PM »

Tell him you’re 11 and named Sally and mailing him as part of your middle school’s pen pal program.

I was thinking of just saying I know him from the internet, but just realized how that might sound misleading. Don't want to be confused with one of his "other" friends.

I'm pretty sure I know how to contact him. Still, the more I think about it, the more sad I get. I know many of you probably won't have sympathy for him or anyone who's committed crimes of that nature, and I don't blame you, but looking at his mugshot almost breaks my heart for some reason. He's just so soft looking. Not trying to go full Opiate here, but I hope, at least for his sake, he straightens the fuck up. Don't want to say anything mean to him because I'm not sure how mentally stable he is right now.

Any ideas on what to write?

TVC15

« Reply #2335 on: November 13, 2017, 10:42:09 PM »

I was thinking of just saying I know him from the internet, but just realized how that might sound misleading. Don't want to be confused with one of his "other" friends.

I'm pretty sure I know how to contact him. Still, the more I think about it, the more sad I get. I know many of you probably won't have sympathy for him or anyone who's committed crimes of that nature, and I don't blame you, but looking at his mugshot almost breaks my heart for some reason. He's just so soft looking. Not trying to go full Opiate here, but I hope, at least for his sake, he straightens the fuck up. Don't want to say anything mean to him because I'm not sure how mentally stable he is right now.

Any ideas on what to write?

Tell him your body is changing and you’re having strange feelings you don’t understand.
serge

clothedmacuser

« Reply #2336 on: November 13, 2017, 10:53:30 PM »
Most of the mods are very good people, if they were power tripping assholes they wouldn't have left GAF in the first place.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/924554/

How is Bish anything but a power tripping asshole?
sigh

agrajag

« Reply #2337 on: November 13, 2017, 10:57:30 PM »
lol Bamelin got banned on GAF. What do you have to do to get banned on nuGAF besides posting anal prolapse porn and stuff like that?

agrajag

« Reply #2338 on: November 13, 2017, 10:59:04 PM »
Quote from: Rayis
It's impressive how many right-wingers and centrists are outing themselves after most GAFfers left, y'all got your wish after all.

CENTRISTS

:gddr5

clothedmacuser

« Reply #2339 on: November 13, 2017, 11:06:06 PM »
If the Male Feminist does serve time and we know the facility he goes to we can do more than send him mail.  We can send him all the Jalapeno Vienna Sausages we want.  Well, $80 worth.

Just go to the website https://www.accesscatalog.com/shop/index.html?ProgramID=447&FacilityID=&process=shopnow

and enter a simple name like John Smith.  Select a person and you can look at all the food, drinks, and sometimes electronics you can send to prisoners. 
sigh