Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2123508 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #2400 on: November 14, 2017, 11:06:27 AM »
:what

Not at all. But then again I didn't like the Happy-Go-Lucky tone of Persona 4, so 5 was a vast improvement from that.

The major problem with Persona 5 was time-gating and some plotholes. The combat system was tweaked for the first time and actually pretty good to use.

archie4208

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #2401 on: November 14, 2017, 11:09:17 AM »
Persona 5 waifus :lawd

Persona 5 everything else :larry

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #2402 on: November 14, 2017, 11:13:14 AM »
Honestly with the months since I played it this year between launch and now, my issues with Persona 5 are:

1) No reloading the guns in the dungeons to where you could "one-shot" dungeons on higher difficulties (Maniax is fucking dumb if you don't have the SP regen items) making the SP regen items HIGHLY important to get ASAP if you are seeking to one-shot dungeons. Once you spent all the ammo in the gun, you were done. Which made going to the gun store absolutely pointless because you couldn't top up on ammo for the characters guns to use them more.
2) Time gating by Morgana (Oh no you can't go out this evening for reasons, I could understand before taking peoples hearts but...)
3) Plot-holes, the ending twist especially. Like, it was heavily telegraphed, but at the same time how the entire team planned it is just " :doge "

I still highly enjoyed it, though. Hopefully the portable version/Crimson edition fixes these issues and turns on V-sync because the tearing on PS3 was hella bad.

BisMarckie

« Reply #2403 on: November 14, 2017, 11:15:55 AM »
RIP kristoffer.

I figured it was only a matter of time until they started to purge the reasonable mods.

What happened?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2404 on: November 14, 2017, 11:23:21 AM »
It's been noted a couple of times he was demodded. No public statement AFAIK.
ὕβρις

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #2405 on: November 14, 2017, 11:24:03 AM »
RIP kristoffer.

I figured it was only a matter of time until they started to purge the reasonable mods.

What happened?

Sane patients tend to leave the asylum.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #2408 on: November 14, 2017, 11:36:39 AM »
GAL GADOT EXPOSED

https://www.resetera.com/posts/939814/

Shameful. She maybe should refrain from having any opinion on this sensitive conflict, she clearly has no legitimacy to comment, and let the grown ups in ResetEra discuss this. Please keep on being pretty iconic for little girls in my movies for neckbeards.

Edit : that guy agrees with me too !

https://www.resetera.com/posts/935889/

Sad, I didn't realize we had misogynists on this forum.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gal-gadots-views-on-israel-palestine-your-thoughts.5914/page-16#post-943555

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty
« Reply #2409 on: November 14, 2017, 11:38:53 AM »
www.reddit.com/r/Christianity
www.reddit.com/r/guns/
www.reddit.com/r/firearms
www.reddit.com/r/liberalgunowners
www.reddit.com/r/MakeupAddiction/
www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/
www.reddit.com/r/philosophy
www.reddit.com/r/askphilosophy
www.reddit.com/r/askhistorians
www.reddit.com/r/fighters

uwu

:uguu

reddit is a place for everyone, you just have to pick which subs you wish to read. problem with places like RE is that they foster a group think and hive like mentality. i mean, one of the top of google searches for gaf is that it's an echo chamber. how could you argue with that?

nudemacusers

« Reply #2410 on: November 14, 2017, 11:40:10 AM »
GAL GADOT EXPOSED

https://www.resetera.com/posts/939814/

Shameful. She maybe should refrain from having any opinion on this sensitive conflict, she clearly has no legitimacy to comment, and let the grown ups in ResetEra discuss this. Please keep on being pretty iconic for little girls in my movies for neckbeards.

Edit : that guy agrees with me too !

https://www.resetera.com/posts/935889/

Sad, I didn't realize we had misogynists on this forum.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gal-gadots-views-on-israel-palestine-your-thoughts.5914/page-16#post-943555
Hansel’s sister could not be reached for comment.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

CurseoftheGods

« Reply #2411 on: November 14, 2017, 11:44:50 AM »
places like RE are great if you're just starting on internet discussion forums and don't know what your values are. places like those are just obnoxious otherwise

that's why i like the bore. it's non-judgemental and it doesn't take itself too seriously

agrajag

« Reply #2412 on: November 14, 2017, 11:46:20 AM »
It's been noted a couple of times he was demodded. No public statement AFAIK.

TRANSPARENCY

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2413 on: November 14, 2017, 11:46:44 AM »
places like RE are great if you're just starting on internet discussion forums and don't know what your values are. places like those are just obnoxious otherwise

that's why i like the bore. it's non-judgemental and it doesn't take itself too seriously

what the fuck bitch you havent been here for like years until the shower incident
fat

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2414 on: November 14, 2017, 11:46:57 AM »
Deny it all yo want, but everyone knows she had a target painted on her back the minute she accepted the Wonder Woman role.

It's unfortunate that we live in a world where supporting a genocidal government doesn't warrant instant milkshake-ducking or at least raises an eyebrow

https://www.resetera.com/posts/944283/
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2415 on: November 14, 2017, 11:51:03 AM »
Never forget the instant milkshake ducking of Socrates.
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #2416 on: November 14, 2017, 11:51:17 AM »
Deny it all yo want, but everyone knows she had a target painted on her back the minute she accepted the Wonder Woman role.

It's unfortunate that we live in a world where supporting a genocidal government doesn't warrant instant milkshake-ducking or at least raises an eyebrow

https://www.resetera.com/posts/944283/

risotto was a mistake

nudemacusers

« Reply #2417 on: November 14, 2017, 11:51:47 AM »
It’ll admit I’ve been watching her closely and googling her pictures on a regular basis.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

CurseoftheGods

« Reply #2418 on: November 14, 2017, 11:51:58 AM »

what the fuck bitch you havent been here for like years until the shower incident

:lol

i have been reading but not posting for the past 10 years. i really didn't have that time, dentistry took a lot out of my life

demi, please forgive :(

tummyfat

« Reply #2419 on: November 14, 2017, 11:53:59 AM »
Imagine how much time of your life would be gone if you were a real doctor

nudemacusers

« Reply #2420 on: November 14, 2017, 11:54:51 AM »

:lol

i have been reading but not posting for the past 10 years. i really didn't have that time, dentistry took a lot out of my life

demi, please forgive :(
You’re a dentist? Where do I get a tank of n2o?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

CurseoftheGods

« Reply #2421 on: November 14, 2017, 11:55:57 AM »

come on dude, i lost a lot of hair and gained so much weight because of my profession :(

agrajag

« Reply #2422 on: November 14, 2017, 11:56:37 AM »

If this wasn't my son's wedding day, I'd knock your teeth out, you antidentite bastard.

BisMarckie

« Reply #2423 on: November 14, 2017, 11:57:02 AM »
I still don't know why Gamergate is such a buzzword. I remember reading one thread on GAF about it years ago and didn't understand it because frankly I didn't care that much. I have the feeling it's something important for people who spend too much time on the internet and the rest of the world doesn't care, am I far off base with this assumption?

« Reply #2424 on: November 14, 2017, 11:57:33 AM »
If Amir0x gets out early it'll only be because he sells out other people.

Taking bets

paprikastaude

« Reply #2425 on: November 14, 2017, 11:57:47 AM »
"instant milkshake-ducking"

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2426 on: November 14, 2017, 11:57:54 AM »
That Gadot thread is really turning amazing. :lol

no one in hollywood is ever gonna be affected in any way for being pro-israeli.
But why? Hollywood is very liberal and most hardcore liberals dislike Israel.
ὕβρις

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2427 on: November 14, 2017, 11:57:59 AM »

come on dude, i lost a lot of hair and gained so much weight because of my profession :(

yea? want to be an admin?
fat

nudemacusers

« Reply #2428 on: November 14, 2017, 12:00:58 PM »
How much weight do I need to gain to get some power around here?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

CurseoftheGods

« Reply #2429 on: November 14, 2017, 12:03:28 PM »

yea? want to be an admin?

:hyper

yes pls

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #2430 on: November 14, 2017, 12:07:22 PM »
We don't need a harassment case for the Bore

Turn back now  :donot

CurseoftheGods

« Reply #2431 on: November 14, 2017, 12:17:36 PM »
i will cuck the shit out of you guys

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2432 on: November 14, 2017, 12:18:25 PM »
Real talk how hard is it to send a prisoner a letter? I want to let him know what's been going down.

Edit: do we know if he's still at Monroe County? Sorry not too familiar with the prison system outside Orange is the New Black. Somewhat wanna fill me in?

Tell him you’re 11 and named Sally and mailing him as part of your middle school’s pen pal program.

I was thinking of just saying I know him from the internet, but just realized how that might sound misleading. Don't want to be confused with one of his "other" friends.

I'm pretty sure I know how to contact him. Still, the more I think about it, the more sad I get. I know many of you probably won't have sympathy for him or anyone who's committed crimes of that nature, and I don't blame you, but looking at his mugshot almost breaks my heart for some reason. He's just so soft looking. Not trying to go full Opiate here, but I hope, at least for his sake, he straightens the fuck up. Don't want to say anything mean to him because I'm not sure how mentally stable he is right now.

Any ideas on what to write?

"Hey Chrissy,  or should I say Pissy (LOL get it? Cuz some dude pissed on your mattress, and then showered you in piss?) how's it going? Not well, I'd imagine, since you're in prison, getting showered with piss. Anyway, I filled up the commissary of the guy who tossed piss on you, because despite being a weirdo who can't abstain from jerking off even with my own sister in the room, even I'm not such a massive pile of shit as to actually think a mother-beating fraudulent pedophile is someone who deserves empathy and positive reinforcement. Night night, keep your butthole tight!
-xoxo Nate"

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #2433 on: November 14, 2017, 12:24:22 PM »
I still don't know why Gamergate is such a buzzword.

Because it allowed two small groups of assholes to intersect/interact and endlessly debate each other.

That's it. No need to think any more about it.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #2434 on: November 14, 2017, 12:25:16 PM »
Real talk how hard is it to send a prisoner a letter? I want to let him know what's been going down.

Edit: do we know if he's still at Monroe County? Sorry not too familiar with the prison system outside Orange is the New Black. Somewhat wanna fill me in?

Tell him you’re 11 and named Sally and mailing him as part of your middle school’s pen pal program.

I was thinking of just saying I know him from the internet, but just realized how that might sound misleading. Don't want to be confused with one of his "other" friends.

I'm pretty sure I know how to contact him. Still, the more I think about it, the more sad I get. I know many of you probably won't have sympathy for him or anyone who's committed crimes of that nature, and I don't blame you, but looking at his mugshot almost breaks my heart for some reason. He's just so soft looking. Not trying to go full Opiate here, but I hope, at least for his sake, he straightens the fuck up. Don't want to say anything mean to him because I'm not sure how mentally stable he is right now.

"Hey Chrissy,  or should I say Pissy (LOL get it? Cuz some dude pissed on your mattress, and then showered you in piss?) how's it going? Not well, I'd imagine, since you're in prison, getting showered with piss. Anyway, I filled up the commissary of the guy who tossed piss on you, because despite being a weirdo who can't abstain from jerking off even with my own sister in the room, even I'm not such a massive pile of shit as to actually think a mother-beating fraudulent pedophile is someone who deserves empathy and positive reinforcement. Night night, keep your butthole tight!
-xoxo Nate"

Haha I actually laughed out loud.

CurseoftheGods

« Reply #2435 on: November 14, 2017, 12:33:03 PM »

-xoxo Nate"

Haha I actually laughed out loud.

don't do it, dude. i get the guy was a total asshole but it's not worth associating with filth

EightBitNate

« Reply #2436 on: November 14, 2017, 12:35:07 PM »
don't do it, dude. i get the guy was a total asshole but it's not worth associating with filth

There's nothing to worry about. I'm not inhumane or anything. Don't really want to associate with him further than gaging his reaction.

tummyfat

« Reply #2437 on: November 14, 2017, 12:36:48 PM »

There's nothing to worry about. I'm not inhumane or anything. Don't really want to associate with him further than gaging his reaction.

When you're in jail you have to jerk off in the same room as someone else all the time. Common ground.

EightBitNate

« Reply #2438 on: November 14, 2017, 12:38:38 PM »

When you're in jail you have to jerk off in the same room as someone else all the time. Common ground.

We're practically the same person at this point.

Jansen

« Reply #2439 on: November 14, 2017, 12:39:06 PM »
Persona 5 is awesome

Persona 4 and its random dungeons are overrated shite

CurseoftheGods

« Reply #2440 on: November 14, 2017, 12:42:34 PM »
Persona 5 is awesome

Persona 4 and its random dungeons are overrated shite

persona 5 is awesome if you haven't played the previous persona games

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #2441 on: November 14, 2017, 12:46:17 PM »
That Gadot thread is really turning amazing. :lol

no one in hollywood is ever gonna be affected in any way for being pro-israeli.
But why? Hollywood is very liberal and most hardcore liberals dislike Israel.

Oh oh!! I know the answer to this one!

Jansen

« Reply #2442 on: November 14, 2017, 12:46:36 PM »
I've played all of them (yes even the ones before nu-sona started with 3) and 5 is still totes bettah than 4

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #2443 on: November 14, 2017, 12:53:23 PM »
I don’t know anything about the persona games so instead

God Hand > Okami > Viewtiful Joe >>> Viewtiful Joe 2

CurseoftheGods

« Reply #2444 on: November 14, 2017, 12:55:12 PM »
I've played all of them (yes even the ones before nu-sona started with 3) and 5 is still totes bettah than 4

what i meant to say was that persona 5 is only enjoyable if you haven't played the previous persona games.  persona 4 has way better atmosphere and character development

kingv

« Reply #2445 on: November 14, 2017, 12:57:41 PM »
Persona 5 looks cool, but I’ve hesitated on trying it since it’s like 100 hours long.

If it was on switch I’d probably take the plunge. Poop gaming makes it possible.

Himu

« Reply #2446 on: November 14, 2017, 12:58:19 PM »
persona 3 > persona 2 IS > persona 2 EP > persona 4 > persona 1 psp remake > revelations: persona  > persona 5
IYKYK

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #2447 on: November 14, 2017, 12:59:45 PM »
Jeez guys, just pretend I’m not here

Jansen

« Reply #2448 on: November 14, 2017, 01:00:50 PM »
All of the characters in persona 4 sucked especially chie and that annoying ass kid nanako

Go to Junes by yerself and get kidnapped you lil bitch

Himu

« Reply #2449 on: November 14, 2017, 01:03:53 PM »

:rejoice

Back when you could play a JRPG and it didn't take 25 hours for the actual "game" to start. Fuck that hand holding dog shit.The black cat Morgana is the worst Persona character of all time. 
IYKYK

CurseoftheGods

« Reply #2450 on: November 14, 2017, 01:08:28 PM »
persona 3 is the best persona game

fight me

Himu

« Reply #2451 on: November 14, 2017, 01:11:02 PM »

fight me

You have an ally.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2452 on: November 14, 2017, 01:13:33 PM »
SMT3 > DDS > SMT 2 > Raidou 2 > Persona 3 > Soul Hackers > If > P2
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2453 on: November 14, 2017, 01:17:00 PM »
I only got about halfway through P5 and stopped because I hated the dungeons and had zero interest in seeing whatever gimmicks the dungeons had in store for me going forward.
nat

Himu

« Reply #2454 on: November 14, 2017, 01:17:46 PM »
I stopped on like dungeon 3. Shit game. And we waited nearly a decade for it. After that? Fuck a jrpg.
IYKYK

CurseoftheGods

« Reply #2455 on: November 14, 2017, 01:20:12 PM »
I stopped on like dungeon 3. Shit game. And we waited nearly a decade for it. After that? Fuck a jrpg.

persona 5 is amazing if you haven't play final fantasy IX on iOS

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2456 on: November 14, 2017, 01:24:09 PM »

fight me

I will fight you and have my allies use the wrong spells at the worst possible times.
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #2457 on: November 14, 2017, 01:25:53 PM »
I just don't get why jrpgs are so bloated now. It's just a straight mess. Like, there's build up Suikoden V style and then there's whatever the bullshit Tales of Zestiria and Persona 5 pulled. Every time I play a jrpg now it's some overly bloated filth and I have to wait for the game proper to start 20-30 hours, as if people are absolutely fine with the Final Fantasy XIII formula. I bet even DQ11 is a bloated mess. Maybe the genre has always been bloated and I just didn't give a shit when I was younger, but I replayed Chrono Cross the other year and have the classic DQ's on my phone and like them just fine.

Whatever. Multiplayer games and platformers. :rejoice No bloat, just gameplay. Still looking forward to playing Cuphead on an arcade stick. I bet it's piff.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #2458 on: November 14, 2017, 01:26:06 PM »
 :nerds

CurseoftheGods

« Reply #2459 on: November 14, 2017, 01:32:12 PM »
i am tempted to make a new topic in the gaming forum

too late i am working on it