Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2146828 times)

Novid

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #2640 on: November 15, 2017, 09:14:07 AM »
Prostitution as a profession is absolutely fine. What it needs is regulation with the security benefits that come with that.
im not in the business of regulating slavery, not for one hour or a lifetime.

cityhunter

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #2641 on: November 15, 2017, 09:15:45 AM »
Eh, whatever it takes to ruin comic book movies, I'm all in favor of.

It's like whenever a comic book movie come out, it automatically deduct money from your account. How weird~ :thinking

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #2642 on: November 15, 2017, 09:18:33 AM »
that bryan cranston thread is nuts.

oi, resetera. you're the bad guys.

Yea for some reason, I visited resetera for the first time and clicked on that thread. Read two pages and closed my browser.

I just don't understand people who have that type of reaction to reasonable comments.

Himu

« Reply #2643 on: November 15, 2017, 09:19:41 AM »
Unfortunately Hardcore, transsexuals have lost. There's no way to win. Transgender people will not fight for us as their needs are entirely different.
IYKYK

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #2644 on: November 15, 2017, 09:21:51 AM »
Because "mental disease" is one step away from mental illness, which dysphoria doesn't constitute but is often argued as being. The DSM is deliberate in its wording because of this and precisely why they changed it from gender identity disorder in the DSM4 to simply gender dysphoria in 5. So no, it's not semantics.

My God, who gives a shit about this politically correct crap? Yes, it's semantics.

Novid

« Reply #2645 on: November 15, 2017, 09:24:45 AM »
Unfortunately Hardcore, transsexuals have lost. There's no way to win. Transgender people will not fight for us as their needs are entirely different.
they about to get pushed out if #metoo succeeds however by the terfs using that hashtag to their own ends. Transsexualism will come back massively

« Reply #2646 on: November 15, 2017, 09:32:43 AM »
Because "mental disease" is one step away from mental illness, which dysphoria doesn't constitute but is often argued as being. The DSM is deliberate in its wording because of this and precisely why they changed it from gender identity disorder in the DSM4 to simply gender dysphoria in 5. So no, it's not semantics.

My God, who gives a shit about this politically correct crap? Yes, it's semantics.

I imagine the semantics matter a lot more when it comes to law and other areas (insurance coverage) where the specific classification means more than just feelings.  So there is a reason to give a shit.

Himu

« Reply #2647 on: November 15, 2017, 09:35:32 AM »

It could be PC bullshit, or it could be basic psychology you simpering moron.

http://pediaa.com/difference-between-mental-illness-and-mental-disorder/
IYKYK

Optimus

« Reply #2648 on: November 15, 2017, 09:37:11 AM »

I imagine the semantics matter a lot more when it comes to law and other areas (insurance coverage) where the specific classification means more than just feelings.  So there is a reason to give a shit.

Except they're not talking to the state they're talking to regular people and whining endlessly about this shit.

Do you know why S JWs and the word police do a disservice to minorities? Because not only they come off as bullies but they also shift the discussion to semantics and bullshit. They bring the discussion to a level idiots can argue endlessly without ever coming to a sane conclusion... because they're idiots themselves.  What an intelligent person would do is say this:

Sure dude, whatever, it's classified as a disorder but you can call it a disease too. What's important is how to deal with it, since there isn't a pill for this because the brain is extremely complicated and since trans people are miserable in their current condition the only feasible solution right now is surgery. Do you disagree with this?

Do you know how many more people these so called activists would bring on their side if their did something like that and didn't bicker endlessly about words and stupid fucking semantics?

Optimus

« Reply #2649 on: November 15, 2017, 09:46:20 AM »

It could be PC bullshit, or it could be basic psychology you simpering moron.

http://pediaa.com/difference-between-mental-illness-and-mental-disorder/

No one gives a shit you fucking imbecile. Stop word policing and understand that normal people don't care about this shit, you're not helping by obsessing over this insignificant crap. Moreover these completely arbitrary terms are used to describe EXTREMELY complicated brain problems which is why these experts constantly disagree with each other. They're just words that don't really mean shit other than what the experts of that society think is the degree of the problem. Experts that are influenced by everything in that society including hate, fear, political correctness, social media crusades, homophobia and so on which explains why experts from different countries and eras have different opinions about this shit.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

tummyfat

« Reply #2651 on: November 15, 2017, 10:08:28 AM »
that bryan cranston thread is nuts.

oi, resetera. you're the bad guys.

Yea for some reason, I visited resetera for the first time and clicked on that thread. Read two pages and closed my browser.

I just don't understand people who have that type of reaction to reasonable comments.

The worst part is that every single LTTP Breaking Bad thread or any thread about a new movie or show he's involved in will be derailed on page one from now until eternity with 'FYI HE DEFENDED TRUMP AND SAID SERIAL SEX ABUSERS DESERVE CAKE' or whatever. Just like every single thread that involves any person with any scandal in their past goes now.

Eventually it will be every single thread on the forum

blaze

« Reply #2652 on: November 15, 2017, 10:14:30 AM »
jesus some of them are obsessed with "confirmation bias"

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2653 on: November 15, 2017, 10:24:21 AM »

More of them are obsessed with "arguing in bad faith" and "being disingenuous"

I swear you can barely read a thread without coming across some mention of it
Uncle

tummyfat

« Reply #2654 on: November 15, 2017, 10:25:54 AM »

More of them are obsessed with "arguing in bad faith" and "being disingenuous"

I swear you can barely read a thread without coming across some mention of it
At least I don't see 'Do better', 'Punch up' or intersectionality mentioned as much

Kurt Russell

« Reply #2655 on: November 15, 2017, 10:27:14 AM »

No one gives a shit you fucking imbecile. Stop word policing and understand that normal people don't care about this shit, you're not helping by obsessing over this insignificant crap. Moreover these completely arbitrary terms are used to describe EXTREMELY complicated brain problems which is why these experts constantly disagree with each other. They're just words that don't really mean shit other than what the experts of that society think is the degree of the problem. Experts that are influenced by everything in that society including hate, fear, political correctness, social media crusades, homophobia and so on which explains why experts from different countries and eras have different opinions about this shit.

The biggest problem we have here is that no "side" ever assumes good-faith. Understandable because le internet, but it's a pervasive distrust of someone's sincerity that leads folk to think, for example, that misgendering is deliberate rather than an honest mistake. This provokes an angry response, which makes the perpetrator defensive and leads to a hostile action on both sides. This shit literally feeds itself.

It's got to the point where it's all got a bit Wargames. The only winning move is not to play - just don't engage in discussion, don't have a (public) opinion and move on. I agree with Optimus that we still barely understand a fraction about the condition, but I also try to remember that I don't know what it's like to feel as if I'm the wrong gender and to be fighting a daily battle of not belonging, so it very much reduces any meaningful input I may have. I also think it may be similar to
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Max in Mary & Max - the outside world saw his Asperger's as an illness and something to cure, whilst he saw it as part of him and liked it, which made him very hostile to outside attempts to "help"
[close]
. But, yeah, whatever, just try and assume good faith.
woke

agrajag

« Reply #2656 on: November 15, 2017, 10:31:51 AM »
How do transexuals/transgender who identify as straight belong in LGBT? They're straight and they're in LGBT.

Pls don't yell at me, I'm just trying to bring some levity to the situation.
[close]

Himu

« Reply #2657 on: November 15, 2017, 10:38:30 AM »
How do transexuals/transgender who identify as straight belong in LGBT? They're straight and they're in LGBT.

[close]

What of it? Being trans has no bearing nor relation to sexuality. The only reason we are bunched together is because at one point we were all considered the same thing and it was best to ban together to fight those forces.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #2658 on: November 15, 2017, 10:39:40 AM »

[close]

What of it? Being trans has no bearing nor relation to sexuality. The only reason we are bunched together is because at one point we were all considered the same thing and it was best to ban together to fight those forces.

The bunching together seems arbitrary is all I'm saying. But I guess it makes sense in the societal context like you mentioned. I'm just shitposting, keep arguing with Optimus, girl.

agrajag

« Reply #2659 on: November 15, 2017, 10:42:08 AM »
I can't believe you're defending Biden's behavior with those young girls. Have you watched the entire video? Please do if you haven't.
He spends his entire time groping, grabbing and carassing young girls that he doesn't know. Even when they are visibly trying to resist. He lets his hands rub against their breast area. I could no believe that video when I first saw it. I was genuinely shocked to the point of disbelief, which then turned to anger. Nobody should ever handle children they don't know like that. It's creepy as fuck.

This is GAF now, btw

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457651&page=4

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2660 on: November 15, 2017, 10:43:36 AM »
The bunching together seems arbitrary is all I'm saying. But I guess it makes sense in the societal context like you mentioned. I'm just shitposting, keep arguing with Optimus, girl.
Nah, don't. Opti-boo is just here to drag his itching ass across the carpet.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2661 on: November 15, 2017, 10:46:38 AM »

What about LGBT uh... LGBTQ uh... LGBTQIA uh.... LGBTQIA+ seems arbitrary?

etiolate

« Reply #2662 on: November 15, 2017, 10:47:24 AM »
LGBTTQW++++ X One Scorpio is an umbrella for political aims. Questions like "how does this fit in?" aren't in their interest. It's meant as a political block. The groups within have conflicting needs and the individuals within have 'problematic' views. You're mostly supposed to shutup and follow trends.

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #2663 on: November 15, 2017, 10:49:42 AM »

[close]

Cindi, need to say you are the only trans person I've come across that isn't completely unhinged. You have issues but you're open about them. Gender dysphoria is a mental illness.You're born as a man or woman. XX or XY. If that doesn't work for you then you are probably not a mentally stable individual.

agrajag

« Reply #2664 on: November 15, 2017, 10:52:02 AM »
Tokyo you're so right Cindi is only somewhat unhinged

tummyfat

« Reply #2665 on: November 15, 2017, 10:52:13 AM »

[close]

Cindi, need to say you are the only trans person I've come across that isn't completely unhinged. You have issues but you're open about them. Gender dysphoria is a mental illness.You're born as a man or woman. XX or XY. If that doesn't work for you then you are probably not a mentally stable individual.

User has been warned for this post.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #2666 on: November 15, 2017, 10:52:26 AM »
right wing dickwads like optimus bitch about bullies all the time when the reality is that no one likes them because we don't want to hear their trash hateful opinions all the time. catch a fucking clue and go somewhere where there's at least the possibility of finding someone who likes you good lord
pcp

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #2667 on: November 15, 2017, 10:53:54 AM »
You all can debate about mental illness until your blue in the face and it wouldn't solve anything. What matters is that she, and everyone else, has the freedom to be who they want to be.
©ZH

agrajag

« Reply #2668 on: November 15, 2017, 10:54:29 AM »
LGBTTQW++++ X One Scorpio is an umbrella for political aims. Questions like "how does this fit in?" aren't in their interest. It's meant as a political block. The groups within have conflicting needs and the individuals within have 'problematic' views. You're mostly supposed to shutup and follow trends.

I still don't know what Queer is supposed to mean except they have purple hair and post on tumblr and stuff.

etiolate

« Reply #2669 on: November 15, 2017, 10:54:42 AM »
reset used the term zoo? Which one of you moddy moos is reading my posts here?  :smug

agrajag

« Reply #2670 on: November 15, 2017, 10:56:26 AM »
You all can debate about mental illness until your blue in the face and it wouldn't solve anything. What matters is that she, and everyone else, has the freedom to be who they want to be.

What about transracials then? If we remove the medical aspect from the equation, whether it is illness or disorder (I think disorder sounds right in this instance), then you're just prescribing to some postmodern philosophy where anyone can be anything?

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #2671 on: November 15, 2017, 10:57:56 AM »
Tokyo you're so right Cindi is only somewhat unhinged
She's kinda cray. Love her for it though.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #2672 on: November 15, 2017, 10:58:34 AM »

woke

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2673 on: November 15, 2017, 10:59:23 AM »
right wing dickwads like optimus bitch about bullies all the time when the reality is that no one likes them because we don't want to hear their trash hateful opinions all the time. catch a fucking clue and go somewhere where there's at least the possibility of finding someone who likes you good lord
He's not right-wing, just swings hard at anything right now because nobody 'gets it'. He'll calm down eventually.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #2674 on: November 15, 2017, 11:00:23 AM »

What about transracials then? If we remove the medical aspect from the equation, whether it is illness or disorder (I think disorder sounds right in this instance), then you're just prescribing to some postmodern philosophy where anyone can be anything?

Why stop at trans racial? You can be a fixture if you wanted.
©ZH

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2675 on: November 15, 2017, 11:00:58 AM »
You all can debate about mental illness until your blue in the face and it wouldn't solve anything.

But you'd be able to join the blue men group. The highest goal anyone could strife for.

agrajag

« Reply #2676 on: November 15, 2017, 11:04:54 AM »
You all can debate about mental illness until your blue in the face and it wouldn't solve anything.

But you'd be able to join the blue men group. The highest goal anyone could strife for.

Himu

« Reply #2677 on: November 15, 2017, 11:06:43 AM »

I'm not a fan of that stuff. The only one I even remotely entertain is LGBTI and I as in intersex. Queers can get fucked, allies have no reason being in it, and asexuals are asexual so who even gives a fuck.
IYKYK

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #2678 on: November 15, 2017, 11:07:00 AM »
I'm not trying to be a total dick. The only trans person I've come across in real life ran a shitty Thai restaurant. The ones I've come across on the internet are Dax, ketkat, excelsiorlef, eusis, and Cindi. Cindi is good people, the rest are fucking crazy.

tummyfat

« Reply #2679 on: November 15, 2017, 11:08:36 AM »
shidoshi is a normal cool human being

I don't know any of the resetti mods - but they seem to have several trans people who moderate trans threads very strongly.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2680 on: November 15, 2017, 11:10:05 AM »
Apparently Demisexual is a thing. Someone here must be pretty happy right now.

tummyfat

« Reply #2681 on: November 15, 2017, 11:12:41 AM »
Apparently Demisexual is a thing. Someone here must be pretty happy right now.
That's when you like fat hairy dudes

Himu

« Reply #2682 on: November 15, 2017, 11:18:33 AM »

[close]

This is a poor argument considering intersex people exist. Basing this argument off of chromosomes is pretty easy to refute. Thanks for the compliment but there's plenty who aren't unhinged. We are drowned out by the transgender people who want people to accept anything and everything with no compromise as they flex an agenda that you're not allowed to critique. If you would like to see more normal transsexuals, you can watch people like Theryn - although I don't agree with her about everything. Please ignore Blaire White, she's a dumbass.

Nah. This crap is what leads to people to this fucker thinking he's Filipino and those assholes who demand people use neo-pronouns. "Everyone has freedom to be what they want to be" is another way of saying,"let them delude themselves" and is a good way of just accepting more and more shit.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #2683 on: November 15, 2017, 11:20:28 AM »
Why do you dislike Blaire?

Himu

« Reply #2684 on: November 15, 2017, 11:21:41 AM »
Fuck SJWs.

:gladbron :jawalrus
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2685 on: November 15, 2017, 11:25:31 AM »

Blaire White is a dumbass who lacks naunce. Theryn understands the nuance of these issues. Blaire is just gung ho about it and comes off like an idiot. Her latest diatribe about getting in trouble at that anti-Trump parade is a great example. No one is justifying Blaire getting assaulted, but the bitch flat out looks for trouble in the video. Blaire paints issue with a broad bush often just starts shit just to start shit. Pretty much every trans woman I know who has alternative views that run contrary to the "mainstream" trans positions still thinks Blaire just has a hard on for trouble even if she sometimes (occasionally) is right about something.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #2686 on: November 15, 2017, 11:27:30 AM »
I've always wanted to ask this on GAF, but I'd always get banned one way or another. If gender is a social construct and there's no difference between the way the male and female brains work (like they insist over there), how do you rationalize transexuals? Like, there's no difference between boys and girls only if you're cis straight, but when you're a transgender OF COURSE there are innate differences. Holding mutually exclusive beliefs in the name of progress is the hallmark of the Social Studies Warrior.

:shaq2

etiolate

« Reply #2687 on: November 15, 2017, 11:29:29 AM »

Blaire White is a dumbass who lacks naunce. Theryn understands the nuance of these issues. Blaire is just gung ho about it and comes off like an idiot. Her latest diatribe about getting in trouble at that anti-Trump parade is a great example. No one is justifying Blaire getting assaulted, but the bitch flat out looks for trouble in the video. Blaire paints issue with a broad bush often just starts shit just to start shit. Pretty much every trans woman I know who has alternative views that run contrary to the "mainstream" trans positions still thinks Blaire just has a hard on for trouble even if she sometimes (occasionally) is right about something.

Ah, okay. I haven't watched a lot of Blaire vids. I have seen Theryn be interviewed and she's pretty cool and collected.

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #2688 on: November 15, 2017, 11:29:45 AM »

[close]

This is a poor argument considering intersex people exist. Basing this argument off of chromosomes is pretty easy to refute. Thanks for the compliment but there's plenty who aren't unhinged. We are drowned out by the transgender people who want people to accept anything and everything with no compromise as they flex an agenda that you're not allowed to critique. If you would like to see more normal transsexuals, you can watch people like Theryn - although I don't agree with her about everything. Please ignore Blaire White, she's a dumbass.

Nah. This crap is what leads to people to this fucker thinking he's Filipino and those assholes who demand people use neo-pronouns. "Everyone has freedom to be what they want to be" is another way of saying,"let them delude themselves" and is a good way of just accepting more and more shit.
What's the difference between transgendered and transexuals?

Himu

« Reply #2689 on: November 15, 2017, 11:48:26 AM »

[close]

Transgender people tend to apply an umbrella thing which includes a lot of different people. It's more of a political ideology or social/culture/identity thing. Transsexuals just want to transition as quickly and safely as possible and live our lives. A transgender typically identifies as it, they may or may not be transsexual. A transsexual goes the entire way and it's less about ideology and more about passing and being treated how you know you should be. It's different mindsets. A transgender person in my experience will complain,"my friends won't call me my name or use she" and when I look at pics or vids of them they are not even remotely passing. But they aren't putting effort to be seen as that because they identify as it. By contrast a transsexual will try anything in their power to pass. Whether it's working 2-3 jobs at once or becoming an escort because it pays. Ultimately, a transsexual is called that because we want a sex surgery. Please note that the word sex surgery triggers transgender people so I use transsexual and srs (sexual reassignment surgery) just to make em mad. :sabu
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #2690 on: November 15, 2017, 11:49:40 AM »
I've always wanted to ask this on GAF, but I'd always get banned one way or another. If gender is a social construct and there's no difference between the way the male and female brains work (like they insist over there), how do you rationalize transexuals? Like, there's no difference between boys and girls only if you're cis straight, but when you're a transgender OF COURSE there are innate differences. Holding mutually exclusive beliefs in the name of progress is the hallmark of the Social Studies Warrior.

:shaq2

Because they're full of shit and haven't properly thought of their arguments. Your question is one of the reasons, along with election night 2016 I disavowed being an S J W. They say there's no agenda but there is, in a way.
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2691 on: November 15, 2017, 11:50:52 AM »

"Transsexuals are people who transition from one sex to another."

"Transgender, then, unlike transsexual is a multifaceted term. One example of a transgendered person might be a man who is attracted to women but also identifies as a cross-dresser. Other examples include people who consider themselves gender nonconforming, multigendered, androgynous, third gender, and two-spirit people."

edit: This is what I got from the first google result.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 11:54:54 AM by HardcoreRetro »

jorma

« Reply #2692 on: November 15, 2017, 12:00:28 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

those alt right shitlords left out the objectum sexuals as usual, fuck this shit. Some "allies" they are.

kingv

« Reply #2693 on: November 15, 2017, 12:01:26 PM »
To be fair, Blaire White looked punchable as hell until she decided to try to look like a Normie. Now she looks pretty most of the time is probably passable in real life, except for her man hands. Theryn looks and sounds like a dude in a dress most of the time, albeit a very pretty dude. Sometimes passable as long as she doesn’t get that mad face that looks like your angry boyfriend.

Blaire Whites biggest tell is that she argues like a dude. Theryn too. It’s also why excelsiorlef and sweet Nicole seem “off”. Excelsiorlef for the longest time I could never decide what gender they were because she would claim to be a woman, but would say things that just didn’t fit with being female. Once I realized she was not born a woman, it made logical sense.

agrajag

« Reply #2694 on: November 15, 2017, 12:02:25 PM »

[close]

Transgender people tend to apply an umbrella thing which includes a lot of different people. It's more of a political ideology or social/culture/identity thing. Transsexuals just want to transition as quickly and safely as possible and live our lives. A transgender typically identifies as it, they may or may not be transsexual. A transsexual goes the entire way and it's less about ideology and more about passing and being treated how you know you should be. It's different mindsets. A transgender person in my experience will complain,"my friends won't call me my name or use she" and when I look at pics or vids of them they are not even remotely passing. But they aren't putting effort to be seen as that because they identify as it. By contrast a transsexual will try anything in their power to pass. Whether it's working 2-3 jobs at once or becoming an escort because it pays. Ultimately, a transsexual is called that because we want a sex surgery. Please note that the word sex surgery triggers transgender people so I use transsexual and srs (sexual reassignment surgery) just to make em mad. :sabu

Well, what do you expect when feminists are pushing non-shaving acceptance so they go around with hairy legs and that becomes socially acceptable, and transgenders look at them and think, well now I don't have to shave my face.

I've noticed over the years on GAF, since that is the only social sphere where I intersected with the SJW types, the word transgender kind of replaced transexual. Is that an accurate assessment? I remember back in the 90's, early 00's no one said transgender and the word trans was short hand for transexual. I may be incorrect since I lack expertise in this, but that was my impression. Nowadays no one on places like GAF uses the word transexual.  I guess because biology is a hard science and sex/biology is evil, and gender/social studies is virtue.

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #2695 on: November 15, 2017, 12:04:04 PM »

"Transgender, then, unlike transsexual is a multifaceted term. One example of a transgendered person might be a man who is attracted to women but also identifies as a cross-dresser. Other examples include people who consider themselves gender nonconforming, multigendered, androgynous, third gender, and two-spirit people."

Fuck you and your Google search. I wanted to hear from Cindi. I will be retiring to the depths that I came from. I really wasn't trying to be mean. This whole thing confuses me.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #2696 on: November 15, 2017, 12:05:27 PM »

Fuck you and your Google search. I wanted to hear from Cindi. I will be retiring to the depths that I came from. I really wasn't trying to be mean. This whole thing confuses me.

Settle down Butters, everyone is confused here.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2697 on: November 15, 2017, 12:10:51 PM »
Maybe he had some tokyo sand blasted in his vagina.

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #2698 on: November 15, 2017, 12:15:10 PM »
Maybe he had some tokyo sand blasted in his vagina.
Google Tokyosandblaster nerd. Thanks.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2699 on: November 15, 2017, 12:20:17 PM »
I'll have to since you seemingly don't know how to google. (I don't watch late night shows.)