Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2148033 times)

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #4440 on: November 24, 2017, 07:00:22 PM »
Science (from the 1940's) proved that the African mind was too small to create the Twinkie Weiner

White people food indeed.

sigh

Himu

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #4441 on: November 24, 2017, 07:03:46 PM »
Look its been fun guys but i got to be getting a move on.
It was glorious to see Tyler burnin, Amerox pissed on, rentacenter and yall banning me, and the silly normie discussion about Seinfeld.
But the funs over, rentacenter is not gonna cause too much drama, the ssw thing is either dying out in 6 months to 10 years (if the latter there will be some blood shed but atm who gives a fuck if blood splitting in the streets right?) and we aint gonna trust no female around us anymore cause yeah well they want to rule over shit and yall saw what happened to Brazil, Argentina, UK, Germany, Sweden...
I might be back but doubt it I got too much irl stuff to do atm.
Thanks for the fish.

In the spirit of your posts I leave you with only four words....

IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #4442 on: November 24, 2017, 07:05:01 PM »
It's less that what Lion Pride said was awful and more that the bct folks are ripe with racism and the mods need them to keep it on the down low.

Downlow? :gurl That shit has been known for years now. I've been calling it out for about 2-3 years. Mods only have themselves to blame.

talking down from your racist as glass house?

How come you only crawl out of the woodwork to shit on timu every now and again?

because its like everytime i manage to check on these threads hes talking that dumb shit again

Fair enough

parallax

« Reply #4443 on: November 24, 2017, 07:05:33 PM »
Science (from the 1940's) proved that the African mind was too small to create the Twinkie Weiner

(Image removed from quote.)

White people food indeed.

the luther exists.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4444 on: November 24, 2017, 08:28:29 PM »

Your entire country, beginning to end, was a mistake.

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #4445 on: November 24, 2017, 08:30:00 PM »
would eat the fuck out of that  :noah
bent

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4446 on: November 24, 2017, 08:30:44 PM »
:whew
dog

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4447 on: November 24, 2017, 08:31:17 PM »
 :donot

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #4448 on: November 24, 2017, 08:38:22 PM »
The Luther is the apex of our cultures indulgence. Embrace it for the end is near.
:9

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #4449 on: November 24, 2017, 08:43:32 PM »
Look its been fun guys but i got to be getting a move on.
It was glorious to see Tyler burnin, Amerox pissed on, rentacenter and yall banning me, and the silly normie discussion about Seinfeld.
But the funs over, rentacenter is not gonna cause too much drama, the ssw thing is either dying out in 6 months to 10 years (if the latter there will be some blood shed but atm who gives a fuck if blood splitting in the streets right?) and we aint gonna trust no female around us anymore cause yeah well they want to rule over shit and yall saw what happened to Brazil, Argentina, UK, Germany, Sweden...
I might be back but doubt it I got too much irl stuff to do atm.
Thanks for the fish.

I dunno who you are and am not sure I read any of your posts. TBH I didn't even read all of this one. On one hand you aren't a pedo so that's good. But just based on the vibes you're prob a fuckboy so good riddance.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4450 on: November 24, 2017, 08:59:42 PM »
Why the fuck is the top bagel upside down
每天生气

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #4451 on: November 24, 2017, 09:10:16 PM »
Why the fuck is the top bagel upside down

If its a true Luther, thats no bagel friend.  We have such sights to show you...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
its a glazed donut split in half
[close]

shosta

« Reply #4452 on: November 24, 2017, 09:12:54 PM »
Ok well that's got me fucked up
每天生气

Jansen

« Reply #4453 on: November 24, 2017, 09:38:06 PM »
i want to say that a donut burger is disgusting but i ended up liking peanut butter on a hamburger...

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4454 on: November 24, 2017, 09:40:57 PM »

I would eat that like a fat chick’s pussy.

Jansen

« Reply #4455 on: November 24, 2017, 09:43:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1355155/

User was warned: Let's not derail a thread about a very dark subject with anime jokes.

srs bsns only

Himu

« Reply #4456 on: November 24, 2017, 10:01:23 PM »

User was warned: Let's not derail a thread about a very dark subject with anime jokes.

srs bsns only

What do you people want?

Awful Count Dookake puns - WHY IS THIS ALLOWED, MODS?
Half assed bad joke - LOL SRS BIZNESS I SEE

YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU WANT  :mindblown
IYKYK

nudemacusers

« Reply #4457 on: November 24, 2017, 10:07:35 PM »
Speaking of, where’d dookake go post showergate? Dude disappeared.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Jansen

« Reply #4458 on: November 24, 2017, 10:08:20 PM »
i wanted what you just did :heh

« Reply #4459 on: November 24, 2017, 10:31:44 PM »
User was warned for denying systemic racism against black Americans and a lack of empathy that feeds into stereotypes of model minorities.
Agreed 100%

There is systemic racism in the system but it’s largely, not solely, focused on black community.

Wait... what ?
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1355563/

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #4460 on: November 24, 2017, 10:50:13 PM »
Man those mod warnings really are modern scarlet letters. User was warned for opinion, dogpile commences.

Borgnine

« Reply #4461 on: November 24, 2017, 11:07:50 PM »
Speaking of, where’d dookake go post showergate? Dude disappeared.

He was in the movie GAF discord during the transition, pretty sure he's around under a different name. Shouldn't be that hard to figure out who.

daemon

« Reply #4462 on: November 24, 2017, 11:31:05 PM »
I felt my cholesterol rising from looking at that burger.

MangoMadness

« Reply #4463 on: November 24, 2017, 11:35:24 PM »
Man those mod warnings really are modern scarlet letters. User was warned for opinion, dogpile commences.

A scarlet letter would be if the warning was on every one of a user's posts, rather than just the offending one.  Also, you know the user would've been dogpiled for that post on GAF, which rarely had mod warnings.

The post falsely equates people brought as slaves for physical labor to immigrants who got to the U.S. on a largely merit-based system.  Of course the Asians in the U.S. are going to do well in the country; the whole reason they got visas in the first place was due to being exceptional.  They're cream-of-the-crop by design.

Yes, of course hard work will do anyone a lot of good, but if you're born Asian-American you generally have a significant leg up over someone born African-American.

(I'm 2nd-gen asian-american fwiw.)

agrajag

« Reply #4464 on: November 24, 2017, 11:41:21 PM »

srs bsns only

What do you people want?

Cindi Mayweather, official Risotto ambassador to The Bore.

Hope they give you that coveted modship soon.  :ryker

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #4465 on: November 24, 2017, 11:42:10 PM »

A scarlet letter would be if the warning was on every one of a user's posts, rather than just the offending one.  Also, you know the user would've been dogpiled for that post on GAF, which rarely had mod warnings.

The post falsely equates people brought as slaves for physical labor to immigrants who got to the U.S. on a largely merit-based system.  Of course the Asians in the U.S. are going to do well in the country; the whole reason they got visas in the first place was due to being exceptional.  They're cream-of-the-crop by design.

Yes, of course hard work will do anyone a lot of good, but if you're born Asian-American you generally have a significant leg up over someone born African-American.

(I'm 2nd-gen asian-american fwiw.)

I'm sorry. The substance of the post definitely needed the pushback but even then a mod neon light sanctioned blinker just feels odd to me. Not in any way saying the person deserved the platform to begin with though. I feel weird saying the communities invisible hand will deal with this stuff though.

Himu

« Reply #4466 on: November 24, 2017, 11:45:10 PM »

srs bsns only

What do you people want?

:lol

In the off chance I ever would be offered a modship (:sabu ME?! Lmao) I'd turn it down in a heart beat. I've been a mod on a big ass forum before and it was enough for me the last time!
IYKYK

counterhit

« Reply #4467 on: November 25, 2017, 12:14:36 AM »
The reason warnings are easy to make fun of is that there have been quite a few shit ones either because they targeted innocuous posts or they are just complete bullshit to begin with (""""""disingenuous argument"""""") and the system rubs it in your face.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 02:07:26 AM by counterhit »

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4468 on: November 25, 2017, 12:52:37 AM »
Yeah I don't get the complaints here;  they actually tell people to stop dogpiling on Resetera, unlike GAF, where the dogpiled would end up banned and the thread would stay focused on them sometimes for days after.  On the surface the warnings seem like thought policing but in the end if a thought is going to get dog piled on then "policing" those thoughts is a form of dog piling policing too.  A long as the dog piling is also curtailed it makes sense to me.   It's easier to try to get people to chill out on posting thougths that are just going to get dog piled in the end though; "shoot the hostage" sort of situation.

If they were going there effectively moderate a discussion, preventing dog piling would be the way to go. I’ve rarely seen them do that though. They SHOULD be warning the dog pilers themselves. Especially the ones responding to a controversial statement with pointless or passive aggressive shit posts (ex: “oh wow”, “really? really??”, “Can’t believe someone went there”, etc). They instead warn and ban users who engage in wrongthink. It’s really no different than it was on GAF because ultimately they’re using it to enforce their personal opinions on a subject, rather than acting as a neutral observer and allowing the discussion to go where it may.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4469 on: November 25, 2017, 01:18:58 AM »
They use different methods to achieve the same results. So again, it’s really no different at all. Any sort of meaningful discussion is strangled in its infancy. So their ban policy isn’t as heavy handed as GAF’s was. Who cares when the end result is the exact same thing?

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4470 on: November 25, 2017, 01:39:40 AM »
What I expected from millenials: El barto
What I got from millenials: Maude Flanders
que

wsippel

« Reply #4471 on: November 25, 2017, 03:40:44 AM »

If we'd spice our food it'd be cultural appropriation. Either we get made fun of or be a literal nazi. Stay losing white people. :'(

Nah, us Europeans spiced our food for millenia, it's just knowledge the emigrants forgot to take with them to America. As a nice European, I'll happily grant all white Americans permission to spice food any way they see fit though.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #4472 on: November 25, 2017, 03:59:42 AM »
It’s really no different than it was on GAF

A "warning" on GAF was a 30 day ban, if not 60 or 90 days.  It's not "no different" whatsoever;  it was rare you saw an actual WARNING on GAF.. they just banned people, for extensive as hell times. 

That's pretty damn different.

Still, the type of thing people are getting warned over is ridiculous.

counterhit

« Reply #4473 on: November 25, 2017, 04:03:23 AM »

If we'd spice our food it'd be cultural appropriation. Either we get made fun of or be a literal nazi. Stay losing white people. :'(

Nah, us Europeans spiced our food for millenia, it's just knowledge the emigrants forgot to take with them to America. As a nice European, I'll happily grant all white Americans permission to spice food any way they see fit though.

It's a "all white people = WASPs" thing.

The whole "cultural" conversation surrounding food in America is just too fucking dumb. If I have to read one more thinkpiece because a white chef put something different in their vaguely asian noodles...

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4474 on: November 25, 2017, 04:13:35 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1361184/

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the rain set in
And I would have liked to have known you
But I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your legend ever did

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4475 on: November 25, 2017, 05:26:35 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1325558/

Some guy really like the Purge.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1347899/

ResetERA : less psychopaths than general population (scientific fact :expert).

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1347688/

:noooo

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1304154/

:kobeyuck

Also creating an algorithm that filter all bad stuff is super easy and it's all because Youtube lazy devs.
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4476 on: November 25, 2017, 05:38:07 AM »
User was warned for denying systemic racism against black Americans and a lack of empathy that feeds into stereotypes of model minorities.
Agreed 100%

There is systemic racism in the system but it’s largely, not solely, focused on black community.

Wait... what ?
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1355563/

You can bet that was Slayven.

Cultural appropriation of systemic oppression is problematic

shosta

« Reply #4477 on: November 25, 2017, 06:04:28 AM »
Did we actually retain any new users from the GAF implosion besides Valhelm and Assmilk?
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4478 on: November 25, 2017, 06:25:12 AM »

srs bsns only

What do you people want?

User was warned for being a scrub.

User was warned for suggesting Ryo Hazuki looking for sailors is a double entendre.
ὕβρις

Bore Expert

« Reply #4479 on: November 25, 2017, 06:33:10 AM »
Did we actually retain any new users from the GAF implosion besides Valhelm and Assmilk?

Gaf implosion? It’s coming back bigger than ever bro, with the Gold option.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4480 on: November 25, 2017, 06:34:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1358726/

Ian Miles Cheong anyone got more links, pictures of shit he has said in the past?

Wow ResetERA allows doxxing ? :hhh Disgusting.
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4481 on: November 25, 2017, 06:37:21 AM »
Clear case of stalking. Let's hope besada is on the case.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4482 on: November 25, 2017, 06:40:22 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1362705/

I mean, you guys realize that press don't play games in the same environments you do, right?

I uploaded a video of a game a few months back and the reaction to it was "They couldn't get someone who has touched a game in this series before to play this?"

Or "Does this guy even play games at all?"

The footage came from a loud event, where that game was the last game I played, while a PR person talked in my ear the entire time. I was also starting from a middle section without a tutorial and thinking of questions for my interview later. And then I watched the footage again and it was completely fine? It wasn't a speedrun, but there was nothing terrible or bad about it.

:ego
ὕβρις

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4483 on: November 25, 2017, 06:47:37 AM »

LOOK AT ME

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4484 on: November 25, 2017, 06:53:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/59215/

To be clear from the outset: I mean a separate gaming section (or EtcetEra as well) in which users post in Japanese.

With all of the excitement and positivity with the launch of this wonderful new site, I think a lot of us are coming up with new ideas and suggestions. I'm currently studying in Japan, and the idea of hosting Japanese posters on the forum popped into my head today and I kept thinking about it.

For a very long time, there has been a split online among Western and Japanese gaming fans. Every so often, we used to get threads that translated posts or showed poll results from Japanese gaming fans, and the community seemed to be really interested in that perspective.

The idea here is to mend that gap in order to have Western and Japanese gaming fans under one umbrella. This would make the overall community more diverse and would facilitate an exchange of ideas between different cultures.

Let's mend the gap by having a section written in a language 99% of the current userbase can't read !
:insane

As far as I can tell, this thing happen in forums organically if at all.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4485 on: November 25, 2017, 07:00:44 AM »
It's an interesting proposition. The communities would be essentially separate, but equal(...)
- Finale Fireworker, 2017

:rkelly

https://www.resetera.com/posts/60871/

Edit : He's such a goof :lol he was already like that on GAF but he went another level with Era.

Having two mod teams and admins who couldn't communicate would be crazy. Since the site was founded in English, and all its current moderators speak English, it would be easier to bring on "East Side" moderators who spoke English as well.

Eurocentric much ? Very problematic.

The more I go on about this, the more I wish I was bilingual. Just imagine all the more people I could talk to.

:ego

https://www.resetera.com/posts/61615/
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 07:10:15 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4486 on: November 25, 2017, 07:13:24 AM »
It could encourage more Japanese devs to post.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1361757/

:neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf
ὕβρις

Marhunchy

« Reply #4487 on: November 25, 2017, 08:21:53 AM »

I mostly lurk  :yeshrug

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #4488 on: November 25, 2017, 08:33:11 AM »

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4489 on: November 25, 2017, 08:34:02 AM »
If only I was bilingual. Imagine all the people I could show how woke I am while showing them how problematic they are.

Pwnz

« Reply #4490 on: November 25, 2017, 08:55:04 AM »

Herbs, salt, butter, and lard isn't spice. For North and West Europe, I still don't understand how the food is so lightly spiced. The UK had India for so long, where many of the world's spices originate from, and for the most part the UK ignored it.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4491 on: November 25, 2017, 08:57:01 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1358543/

Remember the good days of companies not just being driven by profit ? Less Google, more United Fruit plz.
:brazilcry

Between baby boomers and Google, the younger gen never stood a chance. Fucked, stunted and shamed.

Truly we are the lost generation :crybaby
ὕβρις

Leadbelly

« Reply #4492 on: November 25, 2017, 09:45:54 AM »

I would eat that like a fat chick’s pussy.

I would eat it like a crack whore's asshole.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4493 on: November 25, 2017, 10:04:26 AM »
People on TVTropes forum having debates over Hellsing... Abridged  :lol

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=13211002700A85434500&page=17
ὕβρις

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4494 on: November 25, 2017, 10:05:52 AM »
I like that people are responding earnestly to my cultural appropriation shitpost.

Leadbelly

« Reply #4495 on: November 25, 2017, 10:21:49 AM »
Kinda unrelated to this thread, but it looks like more companies have pulled their ads from Youtube. This time it has nothing to do with the videos the ads are shown on, but rather the type of comments left next to the video. Specifically explicit comments left on children's videos.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42110068

As if like people think that an advertisement on a video has any relation to an explicit comment made in the comment section.

I can see Youtube eventually just turning off comments. That is the only surefire way of ensuring those types of comments aren't posted

agrajag

« Reply #4496 on: November 25, 2017, 11:17:31 AM »
I can eventually see YouTube being not a sustainable platform that will collapse under the weight of its own incompetence.

kingv

« Reply #4497 on: November 25, 2017, 11:33:07 AM »
There’s really no reason for YouTube to have comments IMO. Might as well just turn them off, or give the option to do so.

agrajag

« Reply #4498 on: November 25, 2017, 11:41:53 AM »
They can be disabled by the content creator.

Clockwork5

« Reply #4499 on: November 25, 2017, 12:04:15 PM »
Please no. Sometimes I need to warm my hands beside the dumpster fire of YouTube comments. They help me feel at peace with myself.