Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2123367 times)

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #4200 on: November 22, 2017, 03:23:28 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458352

The ads are still malware vectors  :lol
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Sman

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #4201 on: November 22, 2017, 03:25:48 PM »
I’ve been watching CMB vids for like half an hour now. Forgotten godz.

Classic songs but...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
ugliest boy band

:kobeyuck
[close]

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4202 on: November 22, 2017, 03:32:26 PM »
Is stickying a thread about net neutrality admin abuse? :P
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4203 on: November 22, 2017, 03:34:37 PM »
Is stickying a thread about net neutrality admin abuse? :P
I hope everyone using the internet in some form comes out and abuses whatever influence they have to help this get the focus it's not had for the last decade+ people have been trying to sneak in shit like sopa, pipa and anti NN laws in the US.

Himu

« Reply #4204 on: November 22, 2017, 03:35:37 PM »
Fighting games under no net neutrality :( Maybe it'll bring back arcades lmao
IYKYK

« Reply #4205 on: November 22, 2017, 03:53:35 PM »
Jesus Christ, I hate the trans shit being in the lime light. I wish it were the 2009-2011 again and no one cared about cheeseburgers. :fbm :stahp

It wouldnt be so bad if people werent just complete fucking idiots about it

Throw full support behind jenner and claim everyone who says jenner probably isnt the best representative is a transphobic asshole who needs to be destroyed,

Jenner turns out to be fucking mental and you have alienated support you used to have and split the people you do have between blind support of bullshit and backpedalling.

meanwhile scream at RuPaul 24/7 for trying to use cheeseburger in a reclaimative sense

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4206 on: November 22, 2017, 03:55:54 PM »
I picked a perfect time to relaunch local games! :rejoice

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4207 on: November 22, 2017, 03:58:01 PM »
Jesus Christ, I hate the trans shit being in the lime light. I wish it were the 2009-2011 again and no one cared about cheeseburgers. :fbm :stahp
:wag
I am so offended on behalf of all gender fluid people out there.

Where do I pick up my e-cred dollars?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:21:29 PM by I'm a Puppy! »
que

Himu

« Reply #4208 on: November 22, 2017, 03:58:39 PM »
I picked a perfect time to relaunch local games! :rejoice

:rejoice

We back!
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #4209 on: November 22, 2017, 04:00:45 PM »
You also got a Round 1, dude. Y'all will clean up in this new era. :bow
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #4210 on: November 22, 2017, 04:13:45 PM »

It wouldnt be so bad if people werent just complete fucking idiots about it

Throw full support behind jenner and claim everyone who says jenner probably isnt the best representative is a transphobic asshole who needs to be destroyed,

Jenner turns out to be fucking mental and you have alienated support you used to have and split the people you do have between blind support of bullshit and backpedalling.

meanwhile scream at RuPaul 24/7 for trying to use cheeseburger in a reclaimative sense

Ehhhh. I'm not going to put this at the feet of just trans people. The people on the right have handled it universally awful. Aversion to them is 100% justified. The problem is that the opposite side, who has very real arguments, are often blinded by ideology. Which, to be fair, is usually nothing more than a defense mechanism. There's legit science out there that shows that being trans is very valid and real and conservatives choose to ignore it. Which forces trans people to double down because the other side is a brick fucking wall. Basically, it isn't a discussion. It's a giant riot every week and it's getting so tiresome having to constantly fight for your own humanity.

IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4211 on: November 22, 2017, 04:14:52 PM »
the ultimate silver lining :lol

Novid

« Reply #4212 on: November 22, 2017, 04:18:18 PM »
normies love futa cock now cindy.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4213 on: November 22, 2017, 04:19:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fcc-chief-ajit-pai-makes-his-argument-for-net-neutrality-repeal.7571/page-4#post-1285323

So with Google/SpaceX plan to launch their satellite network in 2019/2020 wouldn't that effectively undercut Comcast/Vertizon's/ATT's ability mess with people's internet? There would finally be another provider for everyone int he country.

Not having read anything about those programs, but having worked with Sat network sin the past, all I can say is if that is your one hope, you're fucked.

- Typically an 800ms ping, even if you pay up for an SCPC link. Its just going to be that bad.

- KA-Band ha sit the worst, but satellite internet gets hit by Rain-Fade BAD. Any moisture in the air? Your internet cuts out.

- Sun fade is a real bitch too.

- Wider windows means some applications freak out.
As far as I remember satellite is for the download leg only and you have to have some other bullshit connection handling upload (which is usually pathetic and super high latency if you're resorting to satellite)

Himu

« Reply #4214 on: November 22, 2017, 04:21:16 PM »
the ultimate silver lining :lol

post pics of your new local
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4215 on: November 22, 2017, 04:27:18 PM »
i'll grab some pics this friday and post them in discord

Himu

« Reply #4216 on: November 22, 2017, 04:29:34 PM »
Cool.

Another silver lining: No more 3S niccas having like 3-4 stations. I really have beef with that game man. If the arcades came back they'd be forced to maybe only one machine. :rejoice Fuck that game. :aah
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4217 on: November 22, 2017, 04:33:01 PM »
Novid, please answer my Batman question, it is of great importance to me.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #4218 on: November 22, 2017, 04:34:59 PM »
Quote from: Lime
Quote from: Transhuman
You know, that might happen, and it's horrible that that might happen, but at the same time if the university is censoring debate that exists in the real world and it's impossible to extricate that from the backlash some individuals might face, the information still has to be released.

The same with the Brett Winstein scandal, releasing the email he sent regardless of the consequences to his life (and there were consequences) had to be weighed against the newsworthiness of the content.

Arguing that the recording shouldn't have been released because some people might get backlash is a disingenuous complaint, and I doubt you would care if someone you disagreed with was the focus on the animus.

You are falling into the trap set up by the far right thinking that this is a question of freedom of speech and that we somehow have to 'tolerate' and actively invite and encourage the inclusion of far-right opinions and arguments in order to 'defeat them'. Freedom of speech has nothing to do with a university course and how to teach.

University courses have curricula. They have hiring practices. They have regulations stating that what topics and areas to teach. All the time teachers and professors decide on what literature and authors to include and exclude when teaching. All the time they decide what to say and how to balance teaching, course requirements, hand-ins, exams, etc. When they choose not to include everything, would you call this censorship as well? Obviously not. We constantly make value judgments on what fits best with the limited time in a course and not having the time to pick up on some far-right academic's views on gender pronouns and his ties to nazis is not a case of censorship - it's just saying that it's not worth the time of day.[/b]

Freedom of speech is just the societal equivalent to "ethics in games journalism".
It's just a smokescreen to entice unaffected and unknowing people to listen to and recognize bigoted arguments as legitimate political positions. It has nothing to do with this specific case of university teaching.
Yeah who is this Transhuman poster, and why is he such a piece of shit? Also his username might be bigoted, there's a 50/50 chance.

LOL, lime is now a teacher. We need a list of all the identities Lime has claimed.
sigh

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4219 on: November 22, 2017, 04:35:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-what-is-the-excuse-for-virtually-no-black-people-in-the-witcher-3.7574/

Exact same thread existed on GAF. This is basically just a mod application at this point

Besides which, the easy answer is: It's the fucking Nordic Countries in the 13th century along with it being a fantasy world that had a "conjunction of the spheres"/world-dimension traveling between monsters and vampires and humans/elves/dwarves.

AKA: It's Magic, I ain't gotta explain shit to you SJW OP.

thisismyusername

« Reply #4220 on: November 22, 2017, 04:37:09 PM »
This is the same dude who complained that you couldn't have gay sex with hookers in The Witcher 3.

I mean to be fair: That one is a legit complaint. You can see male prostitutes in the houses (as they're labeled clearly) but 1) Geralt is straight and 2) the developer is Polish so fat-chance Gay Sex With Canon Straight Male would've ever happened.

Novid

« Reply #4221 on: November 22, 2017, 04:39:19 PM »
Novid, please answer my Batman question, it is of great importance to me.
Leave the miniseries alone but add the FF Designer art etc.

thisismyusername

« Reply #4222 on: November 22, 2017, 04:40:06 PM »
GAF now advertising for mods  :lol Users, help!

Pretty soon Tyler is going to be living in a van down by the river.

Gaming seems active, just checked and all threads are today on the first page.
OT is dead-ish, some from yesterday.
Gaming Community is dead: Some from today, some from yesterday, most from 2 days ago.

Who knows if it'll recover.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #4223 on: November 22, 2017, 04:49:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-what-is-the-excuse-for-virtually-no-black-people-in-the-witcher-3.7574/

Exact same thread existed on GAF. This is basically just a mod application at this point

Besides which, the easy answer is: It's the fucking Nordic Countries in the 13th century along with it being a fantasy world that had a "conjunction of the spheres"/world-dimension traveling between monsters and vampires and humans/elves/dwarves.

AKA: It's Magic, I ain't gotta explain shit to you Social Studies Warrior OP.

You can't have it both ways tho. It can't really be "well it's Nordic" and "it's magic." Surely black people can exist in a fantasy world where magic plays a bigger role than accurate historical facts.  :doge

i don't care either way of course, I don't play janky eurotrash when I can spend my hours on perfect ARPGs  :doge

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #4224 on: November 22, 2017, 04:53:47 PM »
Im gonna make a thread on Resetera when Black Panther comes out and make a huge stink over there not being any white people in Wakanda. It's fantasy for fucks sake, how hard can it be?

Like, i don't give a fuck but you gotta take a hint that raping a mythos with your own little ideas to shill for whatever current social/political problem you have will be met with some weird glances.

thisismyusername

« Reply #4225 on: November 22, 2017, 04:58:16 PM »

AKA: It's Magic, I ain't gotta explain shit to you Social Studies Warrior OP.

You can't have it both ways tho. It can't really be "well it's Nordic" and "it's magic." Surely black people can exist in a fantasy world where magic plays a bigger role than accurate historical facts.  :doge

i don't care either way of course, I don't play janky eurotrash when I can spend my hours on perfect ARPGs  :doge

Who's to say the Conjunction of the Spheres only had the White Countries put into the Dwarve/Elf's world along with vampires? Why does African countries have to be somehow justified in this work? I mean if we're going to attack the Witcher, we might as well attack Lord of the Rings, Lion Witch Wardrobe, etc. etc. etc. fantasy novels that simply didn't care to explain certain characters skin tones. Where does it end? Hence "It's Magic, I ain't gotta explain shit" to get around all these nitpicks.

Im gonna make a thread on Resetera when Black Panther comes out and make a huge stink over there not being any white people in Wakanda. It's fantasy for fucks sake, how hard can it be?

Please do and then post the ban message because within five minutes Slayvern will perma you because it's a perma-triggered nicca.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4226 on: November 22, 2017, 04:59:22 PM »

Like, i don't give a fuck but you gotta take a hint that raping a mythos with your own little ideas to shill for whatever current social/political problem you have will be met with some weird glances.
Well, I, for one, will raise hell if there's not a single Latino architect in the movie.
que

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #4227 on: November 22, 2017, 05:00:13 PM »

You'll catch an insta ban for sure.

thisismyusername

« Reply #4228 on: November 22, 2017, 05:02:55 PM »
I mean if you want your Geralt to be black in your head cannon (despite the fact the books say he's pale due to mutations): Be my guest, I couldn't really care. But the fact is, the books were based in the "north." The books didn't have an "eastern" country like Ofiri (IIRC) that was introduced in Hearts of Stone/DLC 1 for the Witcher 3 which introduced 2 middle Eastern-looking characters. Who's to say that the Witcher 4 wouldn't have Ciri dashing further south than Nilfgaard to a new country like Ofiri?

I mean shit, CDPR retconned
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Regis'
[close]
book death to have him pal around with Geralt in Blood and Wine, there's nothing stopping them from doing that and going "their country is further south than the Nordic/Nilfgaard conflcit seen Witcher 1-3."

Himu

« Reply #4229 on: November 22, 2017, 05:04:22 PM »
goddamit assimilate has a bojack avatar.

my loyalty to bojack vs my dislike of assimilate

fuck
IYKYK

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #4230 on: November 22, 2017, 05:04:48 PM »

You'll catch an insta ban for sure.

How can i? It's a forum with discussion based on facts and evidence.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4231 on: November 22, 2017, 05:06:14 PM »
Cool.

Another silver lining: No more 3S niccas having like 3-4 stations. I really have beef with that game man. If the arcades came back they'd be forced to maybe only one machine. :rejoice Fuck that game. :aah
That's why our new local spot works. They get one arcade cabinet and that's it :jawalrus

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #4232 on: November 22, 2017, 05:08:02 PM »

fuck

:omg

Himu

« Reply #4233 on: November 22, 2017, 05:19:12 PM »
Cool.

That's why our new local spot works. They get one arcade cabinet and that's it :jawalrus

Gewd.

I mean no harm on any fgs scene but holy shit, I have some real animosity towards the 3S players. Lmao They don't play any other games at all. It's the only game they play ever and they take up so much space. They're loyal to their game, I'll give them that, but when we're trying to set up a Super Turbo scene it feels like we sometimes unnecessarily bump heads.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4234 on: November 22, 2017, 05:19:56 PM »
That works 2x for us. Got an ST cab too.  :lol

And MVC2 and CVS2 :rejoice

MangoMadness

« Reply #4235 on: November 22, 2017, 05:21:02 PM »

fuck

This feeling is known as "tsundere" in Malaysia.  :esports

Himu

« Reply #4236 on: November 22, 2017, 05:21:36 PM »
:rejoice It's an actual 2X Grand Master Challenge cab? With the pink Sanwa buttons and the green Sanwa ball top?
IYKYK

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #4237 on: November 22, 2017, 05:24:40 PM »

The Bruce Jenner thing is mind boggling to me. I don't see him as a female. I can't believe people do. He still has a dick. How can he be a female?

It isn't enough to just say "i feel like a woman" that's absurd. Maybe your friends will recognize that you're a female per your wishes, but why expect society to? If you transitioned at an early age, full blown switch, the acknowledgement is justified. Switching over at like 60, eh??? Or not fully switching over... sorry, Bruce buddy but no.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4238 on: November 22, 2017, 05:25:17 PM »
sadly no, its an american big blue but the control panel is a reproduction. it does have that good world art with the hilarious character portraits

I'm one of the few I know who likes American controls for these older titles so I'm okay with it. 3S/MVC2 also are on big blues but CVS2 is a candy cab with pink/green Sanwa.

Himu

« Reply #4239 on: November 22, 2017, 05:29:55 PM »
Do y'all have Happ tops?

I'm all bout that candy.
IYKYK

Novid

« Reply #4240 on: November 22, 2017, 05:41:39 PM »
Do y'all have Happ tops?

I'm all bout that candy.
that better release your candy  :doge

shosta

« Reply #4242 on: November 22, 2017, 05:48:23 PM »
Is this the first

l  i  m  e

thread?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-wish-gamers-did-as-much-about-dev-working-conditions-minorities-as-they-do-with-lootboxes.7535/
I tried checking and I got

ResetEra - Error
This member limits who may view their full profile.

Just the fact that he hides his posting history is amazing in itself.
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #4243 on: November 22, 2017, 05:49:42 PM »
Do y'all have Happ tops?

I'm all bout that candy.

Eww gross. :yuck
IYKYK

Novid

« Reply #4244 on: November 22, 2017, 05:53:09 PM »
Do y'all have Happ tops?

I'm all bout that candy.

Eww gross. :yuck
why cant this aspect of this fucking eroge comedy that is 2017 be real?  :yeshrug

thetylerrob

« Reply #4245 on: November 22, 2017, 05:53:46 PM »
Cindi, why do so many trans women play fighting games? Last local I went to had like 4 and I’m in Missouri. Is it because of Guilty Gear or Kayo Police?

shosta

« Reply #4246 on: November 22, 2017, 05:56:24 PM »
That reminds me of when Cosmo changed her name to whatever and then started going crazy. Did anyone else hear or witness that happen? It was so bizarre. He was always a little wacky but never unhinged.
每天生气

Novid

« Reply #4247 on: November 22, 2017, 05:56:41 PM »
can we just have futa exist?

I mean it kinda works for japan...at least there not scions of wall street..
 :yeshrug

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4248 on: November 22, 2017, 06:04:53 PM »
I mean if we're going to attack the Witcher, we might as well attack Lord of the Rings

Oh you sweet summer child.

paprikastaude

« Reply #4249 on: November 22, 2017, 06:25:24 PM »
Does God of War's Greece have enough fantasy for me to be offended that its cast doesn't resemble the ethnic diversity of a modern US city?

Himu

« Reply #4250 on: November 22, 2017, 06:28:00 PM »
Cindi, why do so many trans women play fighting games? Last local I went to had like 4 and I’m in Missouri. Is it because of Guilty Gear or Kayo Police?

Mm I have a few ideas.

1. They're fun.

2. Fighting games are the most diverse genre bar none in terms of representation so this brings a diverse crowd, which means more trans representation. There are multiple trans (Poison) or trans-ish (Bridgette) characters. Plus they're like the only genre where you can play as a woman and kick ass and until recently it wasn't heavily sexualized. Fighting games, outside of jrpgs, were one of the few genres where you could play as cool female characters that weren't bimbos (sans DOA) so that's natural draw. Characters like Chun Li, Cammy, Morrigan, Millia, Nina, Sarah Bryant are just fucking cool. Meanwhile your only real alternative 20 years ago were sexed up polygons like Lara Croft.

3. Character loyalty. Most people's identify with their characters right? It's hard to explain but you feel attached to the character on an emotional level. So you'll want to take that character to the next level because you love them so much. When you have few female characters in games that are legit, it's pretty easy to get attached and want to level them up. I play Chun in every SF for this reason. I'm just attached to the character and everything she represents.

4. They're fun.

It's not any different than why there's so many black, Latino, and Asian fg players. People often see themselves in the game or something that just clicks with them which I think is one of the coolest part of the genre. I didn't want to learn how to play fighters properly until Poison in USFIV because of my connection to the character so maybe that's my personal perspective.

My 2c.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 06:47:11 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #4251 on: November 22, 2017, 06:28:38 PM »
That reminds me of when Cosmo changed her name to whatever and then started going crazy. Did anyone else hear or witness that happen? It was so bizarre. He was always a little wacky but never unhinged.

I said years prior he was going to end up coming out as trans.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4252 on: November 22, 2017, 06:29:51 PM »
Does God of War's Greece have enough fantasy for me to be offended that its cast doesn't resemble the ethnic diversity of a modern US city?

You jest but I remember there was some debate on Kratos's voice (actor) and skin color under the ash.
ὕβρις

Jansen

« Reply #4253 on: November 22, 2017, 07:43:09 PM »
Is this the first

l  i  m  e

thread?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-wish-gamers-did-as-much-about-dev-working-conditions-minorities-as-they-do-with-lootboxes.7535/

blocking people from viewing post histories is some lame shit. probably the lamest feature resetenema has implemented.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4254 on: November 22, 2017, 07:44:50 PM »
Is this the first

l  i  m  e

thread?

When they stand to make as much money from it as they do lootboxes I guarantee you they will.
que

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4255 on: November 22, 2017, 07:50:27 PM »
Do y'all have Happ tops?

I'm all bout that candy.
I really like the look of most candy cabs and I'd like one in my house eventually but something about the old wood American cabinets just feels right. Plus I used American controls even on console for longer than I've used Japanese

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4256 on: November 22, 2017, 08:02:32 PM »
Is this the first

l  i  m  e

thread?

ResetEra - Error

He?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4257 on: November 22, 2017, 09:11:47 PM »

What if there are white people in Wakanda tho

shosta

« Reply #4258 on: November 22, 2017, 09:13:12 PM »
Franken was under a lot of fire for some sexist comedy when he first ran for office. It was passed off as simply being poor taste that he apologized for, but maybe that should have been seen as a signal.
The absolute height of paranoia.
每天生气

MangoMadness

« Reply #4259 on: November 22, 2017, 09:29:21 PM »
Is this the first

l  i  m  e

thread?

ResetEra - Error

He?

Has