Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2148038 times)

Himu

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #4020 on: November 22, 2017, 01:52:37 AM »
Seinfeld -> NeoGAF.com like ten years ago
Always Sunny -> The Bore

:ohhh

Big Bang Theory -> ResetERA

who then is rick and morty?

voat because everyone hates their fans
IYKYK

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #4021 on: November 22, 2017, 01:55:30 AM »
Rashida is so cool. I'd die if there were fucked up Hollywood rumors about her.

She should be fine. She had a badass mom that retired from a promising acting career to raise her.

...but I guess it might be balanced out by the fact that her father was busy making the Gilles de Rais of pedophiles the biggest star on earth during the same years.

Wait, was Gilles already a pedophile himself? Did he fuck them and kill them or just kill them?
serge

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4022 on: November 22, 2017, 01:57:44 AM »
Snuff Films -> Reddit

at least that's what I heard on ResetEra

agrajag

« Reply #4023 on: November 22, 2017, 01:59:50 AM »
WWII era Nazi propaganda films -> 4chan

benjipwns

« Reply #4024 on: November 22, 2017, 02:00:50 AM »
According to this VICE article I read:

Leni Riefenstahl -> YouTube
Sergei Eisenstein -> Twitter

benjipwns

« Reply #4025 on: November 22, 2017, 02:01:50 AM »
WWII era Nazi propaganda films -> 4chan
USER WAS WARNED FOR STEALING MY JOKE

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4026 on: November 22, 2017, 02:05:17 AM »
stienfeld sucked

agrajag

« Reply #4027 on: November 22, 2017, 02:05:37 AM »
"Get out of my head Charles" - Slayven ca. November 2017

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4028 on: November 22, 2017, 02:06:06 AM »
*except for newman

TVC15

« Reply #4029 on: November 22, 2017, 02:07:31 AM »
stienfeld sucked

Go watch some Friends, whitey.

I just saw one of the Married with Children episodes with Matt LeBlanc. One of the worst episodes of the series. Fuck friends. Fuck gentrification. Fuck GWB.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #4030 on: November 22, 2017, 02:09:10 AM »
I have a serious problem with anyone who likes Friends.  :pacspit

Coax

« Reply #4031 on: November 22, 2017, 02:17:12 AM »
stienfeld sucked

*Phew* dodged a bullet by avoiding this knockoff

benjipwns

« Reply #4032 on: November 22, 2017, 02:18:46 AM »
I never understood Friends.

Yet, Frasier was really funny.

Matt LeBlanc is great in Episodes though.

agrajag

« Reply #4033 on: November 22, 2017, 02:20:02 AM »
Seinfeld -> NeoGAF.com like ten years ago
Always Sunny -> The Bore

:ohhh

AfterMASH -> Current NeoGAF

Unfortunately, a few involved felt that a spinoff was necessary, and of course CBS wanted to keep profiting off the massively popular show. AfterMASH was set at a veteran’s hospital after the war was over and featured just three members of the original cast: Harry Morgan (Colonel Potter), Jamie Farr (Klinger), and William Christopher (Father Mulcahy).

Similar themes of the ethics of war were discussed, but this was basically just M*A*S*H running on fumes. Somehow it kept going for two seasons right after the original show ended in 1983. It ended up not only on TV Guide’s list of the worst shows of all time, but also on Time magazine’s list of the 100 worst ideas of the century. Ouch.

agrajag

« Reply #4034 on: November 22, 2017, 02:20:50 AM »

Frasier >>>>>>>>>>> Cheers

come at me bros

benjipwns

« Reply #4035 on: November 22, 2017, 02:30:09 AM »
100% Factual Valid 1990s US Sitcoms:
Boston Common
The Critic
Frasier
The Larry Sanders Show
Married... with Children
Ned and Stacey
NewsRadio
Rocko's Modern Life
Seinfeld
The Simpsons
Spin City (with Fox)
The Secret Diary of Desmond Pfeiffer
Sports Night
Shasta McNasty
Working

Honorable Mention For Keeping The USA Network Alive For An Entire Decade By Itself: Wings
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:18:41 AM by benjipwns »

agrajag

« Reply #4036 on: November 22, 2017, 02:31:44 AM »
100% Factual Valid 1990s US Sitcoms:
Boston Common
Frasier
The Larry Sanders Show
Married... with Children
Ned and Stacey
NewsRadio
Seinfeld
Spin City (with Fox)

The Secret Diary of Desmond Pfeiffer
Sports Night
Shasta McNasty
Working

Honorable Mention For Keeping The USA Network Alive For An Entire Decade By Itself: Wings

:bow

you watch a lot of television benji

agrajag

« Reply #4037 on: November 22, 2017, 02:33:34 AM »
I briefly dated a woman who was obsessed with Big Bang Theory and didn't understand my love of Seinfeld. I knew it wasn't meant to be then.

benjipwns

« Reply #4038 on: November 22, 2017, 02:33:46 AM »
Oh, the list I was looking at is live action...I'm fine with including The Simpsons.

And Duckman?

King of the Hill starts in 1997 but had most of its run in the 2000s. And I've argued before is pretty much a realistic sitcom that happens to be animated more than it relies on its freedom in animation like Simpsons does.

TVC15

« Reply #4039 on: November 22, 2017, 02:33:54 AM »

Frasier is really well done, but I can’t binge it. It’s masterful at it, but its constant comedy of manners/errors formula runs out of juice after 2 or 3 episodes. I have to ration it to appreciate it.

I know I have my Danson fetish and all, but I really think Cheers has become a bit underrated over the years. For how long it was on, it was pretty damned consistent, even considering the major cast changes.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 02:38:21 AM by TVC 15 »
serge

benjipwns

« Reply #4040 on: November 22, 2017, 02:35:23 AM »
I think there's a drunken rambling NewsRadio thread I made years ago on here. That we turned into semi-legit rediscovering the show.

agrajag

« Reply #4041 on: November 22, 2017, 02:35:50 AM »

Frasier is really well done, but I can’t binge it. It’s masterful at it, but its constant comedy of manner/errors formula runs out of juice after 2 or 3 episodes. I have to ration it to appreciate it.

I know I have my Danson fetish and all, but I really think Cheers has become a bit underrated over the years. For how long it was on, it was pretty damned consistent, even considering the major cast changes.

What did you think of Becker? My sister used to watch that.

benjipwns

« Reply #4042 on: November 22, 2017, 02:36:30 AM »
Speaking of Danson, I wavered on Becker. Because it's really like two different shows. And one of them is unique and enjoyable, and the other becomes stereotypes and replaces half the cast.

TVC15

« Reply #4043 on: November 22, 2017, 02:41:07 AM »

Frasier is really well done, but I can’t binge it. It’s masterful at it, but its constant comedy of manner/errors formula runs out of juice after 2 or 3 episodes. I have to ration it to appreciate it.

What did you think of Becker? My sister used to watch that.

Never saw it, but it’s a CBS comedy from the still-ongoing bad CBS years, so it’s safe to say it’s not for me. Believe me, I was no Danson stan until The Good Place (although he is a great central character on Cheers).
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4044 on: November 22, 2017, 02:41:41 AM »
news radio the goat!

ps. shotout to parker lewis can't lose on usa network

Himu

« Reply #4045 on: November 22, 2017, 02:47:29 AM »
Seinfeld  =  The Simpsons > Fresh Prince > Martin > In Living Color > The Critic > Living Single

the rest don't matter
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #4046 on: November 22, 2017, 02:49:12 AM »
For the 90s, Newsradio should probably be on there.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #4047 on: November 22, 2017, 02:49:52 AM »
For the 90s, Newsradio should probably be on there.
it is

benjipwns

« Reply #4048 on: November 22, 2017, 02:52:34 AM »
ROCKET FUEL MALT LIQUOR DAMMMNNNN http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=38588

TVC15

« Reply #4049 on: November 22, 2017, 02:54:15 AM »
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4050 on: November 22, 2017, 02:54:18 AM »
martin was good too and still holds up well.

agrajag

« Reply #4051 on: November 22, 2017, 02:55:03 AM »
It was never the same without Phil Hartman.

benjipwns

« Reply #4052 on: November 22, 2017, 02:56:27 AM »
The early 2000s start with a real masterpiece. The greatest series nobody ever watches no matter how hard I pimp it: Manhattan, AZ

TVC15

« Reply #4053 on: November 22, 2017, 02:56:28 AM »
Too bad Martin Lawrence was problematic and his show must be stricken from the record.
serge

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4054 on: November 22, 2017, 02:58:45 AM »
best comedy show now is New Girl

shame it got canned because people suck

frasier and friends are so different , both great in their own way

i can put on an episode of friends any day

etiolate

« Reply #4055 on: November 22, 2017, 03:02:52 AM »
Night Court is my boo, but it's more an 80s show.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4056 on: November 22, 2017, 03:04:42 AM »
stienfeld, freinds and frasier all  :trash

TVC15

« Reply #4057 on: November 22, 2017, 03:05:43 AM »

frasier and friends are so different , both great in their own way

i can put on an episode of friends any day

Zooey Deschanel is an abomination, and whether it’s her fault or not, I credit her with popularizing that hideous shaggy dog hair style for a few years. I’m cool with big hair, but that was not the way. The New Girl is no good. The only reason she should be saved from the upcoming sacrifice is because her mom was on Twin Peaks.
serge

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4058 on: November 22, 2017, 03:10:28 AM »
She's great though. Sorry.

Not my fav on the show but still great. My fav is Bish.

benjipwns

« Reply #4059 on: November 22, 2017, 03:13:41 AM »
Valid 2000s sitcoms that started before 2005 and ended before or around Obama's stealing of the White House:
Andy Richter Controls the Universe
Arrested Development
Futurama
Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
Kitchen Confidential
My Name Is Earl

Plus this is a good place to insert:
King Of The Hill

agrajag

« Reply #4060 on: November 22, 2017, 03:14:28 AM »
Benji, I'm glad you didn't list any trash-tier 90's sitcoms that people only remember for nostalgia reasons

Full House
Step by Step
Blossom
Saved by the Bell
Mad About You
Boy Meets World
Home Improvement

I would place Just Shoot Me, King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond solidly in the mid-tier. While not brilliant, they are watchable and can be quite funny.

benjipwns

« Reply #4061 on: November 22, 2017, 03:15:06 AM »

It got seven seasons on a broadcast network.

On FOX of all networks.

:confused

TVC15

« Reply #4062 on: November 22, 2017, 03:15:13 AM »
She's great though. Sorry.

Not my fav on the show but still great. My fav is Bish.

serge

benjipwns

« Reply #4063 on: November 22, 2017, 03:15:39 AM »
I almost listed Blossom with Kara Annotation but that scoundrel continues to break our hearts.

agrajag

« Reply #4064 on: November 22, 2017, 03:16:13 AM »
Valid 2000s sitcoms that started before 2005 and ended before or around Obama's stealing of the White House:
Andy Richter Controls the Universe trash
Arrested Development amazing
Futurama amazing
Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law didn't watch
King Of The Hill meh
Kitchen Confidential it was actually ok, but a poor adaptation of the source material
My Name Is Earl trash

:doge

benjipwns

« Reply #4065 on: November 22, 2017, 03:17:51 AM »
King Of The Hill meh
My Name Is Earl trash
USER WAS WARNED FOR COMMITTING DIGITAL GENOCIDE

TVC15

« Reply #4066 on: November 22, 2017, 03:19:46 AM »
Never saw My Name is Earl. Is it still worth checking o...

Benji, I'm glad you didn't list any trash-tier 90's sitcoms that people only remember for nostalgia reasons

Full House
Step by Step
Blossom
Saved by the Bell
Mad About You
Boy Meets World
Home Improvement

I would place Just Shoot Me, King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond solidly in the mid-tier. While not brilliant, they are watchable and can be quite funny.

:six: :six: :six: :six: :six: :six::six: :six: :six: :six: :six: :six::six: :six: :six: :six: :six: :six::six: :six: :six: :six: :six: :six::six: :six: :six: :six: :six: :six::six: :six: :six: :six: :six: :six:
MODS HALP!!!
serge

agrajag

« Reply #4067 on: November 22, 2017, 03:20:39 AM »
King of the Hill had some great moments (that's my purse, I don't know you) but 90% of the time it was "i sell propayne and proooopayyne accessories lol"

My Name is Earl felt like some shitty Kevin Smith film in TV form.

agrajag

« Reply #4068 on: November 22, 2017, 03:22:24 AM »
Look, I used to watch all those shows. I feel a certain amount of nostalgia towards them too. They just don't hold up.

benjipwns

« Reply #4069 on: November 22, 2017, 03:24:40 AM »
This is a great page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sitcoms_known_for_negative_reception
Buddies – Comedians Dave Chappelle and Jim Breuer attracted the attention of TV network executives with their guest appearance in the March 14, 1995 episode of ABC's highly rated sitcom Home Improvement.[19] The storyline had Chappelle and Breuer play a duo of friends who appear on Tool Time to ask Tim Taylor advice on their girlfriends. The characters' single outing on the episode proved so popular that ABC decided to give Chappelle and Breuer their own half-hour sitcom. After subsequent rehearsals, Jim Breuer was replaced with Christopher Gartin as Dave Chappelle's "buddy".
Buddies was off the air on April 3 after a broadcast history of only five episodes out of the 13 that were produced
the full series was released on DVD in 2005 as a Best Buy exclusive.
The Trouble with Larry – Larry (Bronson Pinchot) returns home a decade after he was dragged off by baboons on his honeymoon
:lawd

etiolate

« Reply #4070 on: November 22, 2017, 03:25:06 AM »
nobody mentioning Rosanne

FOR SHAME

benjipwns

« Reply #4071 on: November 22, 2017, 03:25:28 AM »
King of the Hill had some great moments (that's my purse, I don't know you) but 90% of the time it was "i sell propayne and proooopayyne accessories lol"

My Name is Earl felt like some shitty Kevin Smith film in TV form.
i literally can't even

agrajag

« Reply #4072 on: November 22, 2017, 03:27:02 AM »
Will & Grace  :piss2
3rd Rock from the Sun :piss2
Kirk :piss2
Grace Under Fire :piss2
Sister Sister :piss2
The Nanny :piss2
Ellen :piss2
Murphy Brown :piss2

benjipwns

« Reply #4073 on: November 22, 2017, 03:27:22 AM »
Novid save us

Assimilate post some garbage

somebody complain about social studies warriors

agrajag

« Reply #4074 on: November 22, 2017, 03:28:39 AM »
Didn't know I would trigger both TVC and Benji in one night. Two birds, one stone  :obama

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4075 on: November 22, 2017, 03:28:46 AM »
I bet agrajag is just so old that the last sitcom he actually enjoyed was All in the Family, or Married with Children.
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #4076 on: November 22, 2017, 03:29:40 AM »
I bet agrajag is just so old that the last sitcom he actually enjoyed was All in the Family, or Married with Children.

WTF, we've been talking about much more recent sitcoms that I enjoyed this whole time

agrajag

« Reply #4077 on: November 22, 2017, 03:30:19 AM »

WTF, we've been talking about much more recent sitcoms that I enjoyed this whole time

Also All in the Family and Married with Children aren't from the same era  :ufup

TVC15

« Reply #4078 on: November 22, 2017, 03:34:10 AM »
Look, I used to watch all those shows. I feel a certain amount of nostalgia towards them too. They just don't hold up.

Bitch, I watch Blossom ALMOST EVERY DAY.

nobody mentioning Rosanne

FOR SHAME

Hey, I love it, up until season 5 or 6 or so. Been watching a lot of it lately because I’ve been working from home a lot and Logo shows like 4 hour blocks. It’s one of the greats. It always will be... until the revival comes out and ruins it.
serge

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4079 on: November 22, 2017, 03:34:54 AM »
Plus this is a good place to insert:
King Of The Hill
proof this show is the greatest and agrajag is just lame:

there is nothing more pitch perfect than cotton getting pissed off at hank for enjoying a bagel
每天生气