Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2147791 times)

agrajag

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #4080 on: November 22, 2017, 03:35:06 AM »
I used to watch Parent 'Hood

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #4081 on: November 22, 2017, 03:39:21 AM »
The early 2000s start with a real masterpiece. The greatest series nobody ever watches no matter how hard I pimp it: Manhattan, AZ
Guaranteed Proof, Part One:

agrajag

« Reply #4082 on: November 22, 2017, 03:40:18 AM »
Unhappily Ever After deserves a mention for... reasons

benjipwns

« Reply #4083 on: November 22, 2017, 03:43:16 AM »
She was engaged at the time to Bobcat Goldthwait who played the talking rabbit in that.

She was on The Norm Show too. Which is appropriate considering she's married to the only guy who can actually do a Norm impression, Jay Mohr. (Though they're getting a divorce apparently.)

But time has not been...kind to her.

She was also the alien girl Data talks to on that planet that's exploding or whatever.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4084 on: November 22, 2017, 03:43:52 AM »
Um, btw, I give Resetera a forever pass for introducing me to the Brogulls web comic, featuring incestuous seagull, uh, furries. I just saw an anthropomorphic muscle seagull with a garbage can-sized dick cream hard in his tiny twinkgull brother’s ass(/cloaca?).
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:49:03 AM by TVC 15 »
serge

etiolate

« Reply #4085 on: November 22, 2017, 03:43:56 AM »
so much plastic surgery

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4086 on: November 22, 2017, 03:49:28 AM »
one thing I've always wondered is: how did bobcat not ruin his vocal chords?
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #4087 on: November 22, 2017, 03:49:59 AM »
If Mohr's divorce filing is to be believed she has way more problems than her bad plastic surgery :doge
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jay Mohr alleged that his estranged wife, Nikki Cox, battles mental health issues and is requesting sole physical custody of their 5-year-old son, Meredith, according to new court documents.

In the documents — filed on Friday, March 10, and obtained by People — Mohr requests sole physical custody and joint legal custody with Cox, 38, having “reasonable visitation with Meredith, which shall be professionally monitored.”

The Ghost Whisperer actor, who filed for divorce from Cox for the second time in December after nearly 10 years of marriage, also claims that the actress/comedy writer has refused “to attend her mental health issues.”

Mohr, who has been living with Cox and their son in the same home since their split, went on to say that he and Meredith have had to move due to the Unhappily Ever After star’s “abuse of drugs, and her failure to respect boundaries. … I had no choice but to obtain alternate housing for me and our son.”

The Saturday Night Live alum cited several alleged incidents in which he believes Cox put Meredith in danger. He claims that she left ovens on while she and her son were asleep; she left backdoors open at night for their dogs to walk in and out of; and once gave Meredith too much medicine, causing him to throw up. “Nikki’s mental health issues continue to go untreated. … she continues to demonstrate that she is incapable of caring for Meredith,” he states in the docs.
According to court documents obtained by TMZ, he is alleging the Las Vegas star has a drug problem and it is putting their son at risk.

The 46-year-old Ghost Whisper star said in the court documents that Nikki's drug issues are causing their five-year-old son to regress but did not specify how.

He did, however, claim that the actress has put son Meredith's safety at risk a number of times.

TMZ reports that Nikki allegedly gave the boy 'a double dose of flu medicine that caused the boy to vomit in his sleep'.

The star also alleges, TMZ reports, that his estrange wife 'doesn't set boundaries' and their child is allowed to watch television and eat candy till 2am.

This is not the first time the comedian has accused his ex of having drug issues.

The first time he filed for divorce in July he wanted full custody of their child, as he claimed the Las Vegas actress suffers from depression and that her self-medication has led to a 'serious' drug problem that puts their boy at risk.

In his latest filing Jay said, according to TMZ, that his wife has tried to take her life twice.

The 38-year-old also told her estranged husband that she was pregnant in January, the website reports, but Jay dismissed the claim as he is azoospermic - which means his semen contains no sperm rendering him infertile.
According to the documents, he claims that Meredith “has been urinating and defecating in his pants” and “routinely yells and screams” at his mother.

“Nikki’s poor parenting decisions affect Meredith’s well-being. Her refusal to discipline Meredith has made me the parent who enforces the rules in our house,” the docs read. “When I have checked on Meredith in the middle of the night, I have walked into the master bedroom to see Meredith and Nikki awake at 2:00 a.m, watching cartoons and eating candy.”

The actor also alleges that his estranged wife “will often come to the guest bedroom in the middle of the night and attempt to seduce me” and recently told him that she believed she was expecting another child: “In January (2017), Nikki told me that she thought she was pregnant. I am azoospermic so this news meant either a miracle had happened, another man had impregnated Nikki, or she was lying. She assured me it was mine.”

He also claims that on “2 separate occasions” during their almost decade-long marriage, she asked him to “drive her to the Universal Hilton so that she could commit suicide. She almost never sleeps. She has isolated herself and no one ever comes to the house to visit her.”

“While I acknowledge that I still love Nikki, I also acknowledge that we can no longer be married to each other, and I cannot continue to raise our son in a toxic environment,” the docs read.
[close]

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4088 on: November 22, 2017, 03:51:15 AM »
carpoolers had that one good episode, well one good scene with come on eileen

agrajag

« Reply #4089 on: November 22, 2017, 03:51:59 AM »
well, that's a downer

TVC15

« Reply #4090 on: November 22, 2017, 03:52:24 AM »
one thing I've always wondered is: how did bobcat not ruin his vocal chords?

I saw Bobcat earlier this year and really liked him. He doesn’t do the shtick anymore. He also waited after the show to meet people and he seemed really cool. I hated him in the 80s/90s, although I’ve heard some things about Shakes the Clown that make it sound up my alley.

Liked Willow Creek, too.
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4091 on: November 22, 2017, 03:52:49 AM »

:rejoice

all better than steinfeld

nudemacusers

« Reply #4092 on: November 22, 2017, 03:53:45 AM »
Look, I used to watch all those shows. I feel a certain amount of nostalgia towards them too. They just don't hold up.

Bitch, I watch Blossom ALMOST EVERY DAY.

A glimpse into the mind of a twisted ted danson obsessed sodomite deviant. #pray4tvc
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

agrajag

« Reply #4093 on: November 22, 2017, 03:58:14 AM »
lol someone really lost his shit in the jeremy piven thread on reeee

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4094 on: November 22, 2017, 04:00:25 AM »
how could I ever forget, the mastapiece of all times

shosta

« Reply #4095 on: November 22, 2017, 04:00:43 AM »
Tbh, Piven deserves to be strung up, beaten and shot for this heinous stunt. The dudes truly a psychopath. No joke, this dude is fucking insane. Even Weinstein didn't have the balls to take some bogus polygraph test.

Because like any psychopath he has no shame. They feign these emotions but don't truly have them. This is what has allowed Piven to do such a brazen thing even though he is guilty. Straight up a lunatic.
每天生气

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #4096 on: November 22, 2017, 04:01:45 AM »
Seinfeld :ahh
reckt

agrajag

« Reply #4097 on: November 22, 2017, 04:02:16 AM »
I SWEAR THE GOD THIS GUY IS A LUNATIC HE DESERVES TO BE FLOGGED AND MURDERED. A STRAIGHT UP CRAZY PSYCHO I TELL YOU

:insane

shosta

« Reply #4098 on: November 22, 2017, 04:02:46 AM »
Are you going to attempt to defend your statement that "everything you've read" suggests they're 50/50 at best, when the very source your quoted - from leading critics no less - contradicts that?

Also, correct, that 90% comes from a potentially biased source which is why I'm happy to meet you on your side of the middle. Literally not one single person in this thread is claiming that a polygraph is completely accurate.

I've read the 50/50 stat previously. I'm not a fucking polygraph academic and this is an internet forum, I don't have to defend shit.

"That 90% stat is likely made up, so I'll meet you half way." lol ok
Now I know how etiolate always gets away with his alt right lies
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #4099 on: November 22, 2017, 04:04:08 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1262150/
lmao at that cherry picking.

First of all, throw that 50/50 garbage out because this ain't a false positive scenario.

So according to your own source, the leading critics of polygraphs still concede they're at least 65% accurate.

But sure "everything I've read suggests they're 50/50 at best".

Leading proponents claim up to 90% so let's split the difference, throw a few points back your way and call it about 75%. Hardly meaningless.
STATISTICS!

agrajag

« Reply #4100 on: November 22, 2017, 04:04:13 AM »

Now I know how etiolate always gets away with his alt right lies

well, he did post this

Quote from: etiolate
If you lie loud enough and have enough people repeat it then who is going to spend the time to fact check during their workday?

BUUUUUUUUSTED

benjipwns

« Reply #4101 on: November 22, 2017, 04:05:16 AM »
lol at fucking Chumley of all people lamenting the level of discourse considering his entire history

nudemacusers

« Reply #4102 on: November 22, 2017, 04:07:12 AM »
Joan Rivers and Rosanne Barr. Not sure who else I genuinely like.

Not a stand-up comic, but I think Julia Louis-Dreyfus is one of the funniest people on earth.
Maria bamford. Goes to wildly uncomfortable places on the (((turn of a dime))).
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #4103 on: November 22, 2017, 04:09:08 AM »
how could I ever forget, the mastapiece of all times

I occasionally send youtube rips of Shasta Mcnasty episodes to friends whenever I’m up at odd hours tending to kids (nopedo  :doge)
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #4104 on: November 22, 2017, 04:16:53 AM »
you don't actually need to do any of this stupid fake math, at least according to the OP's report, the questions and format of the test discredit it, he knew the questions going in and they were all formatted for him to give repeated "no" answers except for the last one which is actually an impossible question for him to answer

i don't even know what 65% or 90% accurate is supposed to mean, the polygraph makes no reading, it's the tester who determines it

unless they have one of those fancy machines like the Baltimore Police Department and a professor to operate it:

shosta

« Reply #4105 on: November 22, 2017, 04:17:17 AM »
Quote from: Lime
Quote from: Transhuman
You know, that might happen, and it's horrible that that might happen, but at the same time if the university is censoring debate that exists in the real world and it's impossible to extricate that from the backlash some individuals might face, the information still has to be released.

The same with the Brett Winstein scandal, releasing the email he sent regardless of the consequences to his life (and there were consequences) had to be weighed against the newsworthiness of the content.

Arguing that the recording shouldn't have been released because some people might get backlash is a disingenuous complaint, and I doubt you would care if someone you disagreed with was the focus on the animus.

You are falling into the trap set up by the far right thinking that this is a question of freedom of speech and that we somehow have to 'tolerate' and actively invite and encourage the inclusion of far-right opinions and arguments in order to 'defeat them'. Freedom of speech has nothing to do with a university course and how to teach.

University courses have curricula. They have hiring practices. They have regulations stating that what topics and areas to teach. All the time teachers and professors decide on what literature and authors to include and exclude when teaching. All the time they decide what to say and how to balance teaching, course requirements, hand-ins, exams, etc. When they choose not to include everything, would you call this censorship as well? Obviously not. We constantly make value judgments on what fits best with the limited time in a course and not having the time to pick up on some far-right academic's views on gender pronouns and his ties to nazis is not a case of censorship - it's just saying that it's not worth the time of day.

Freedom of speech is just the societal equivalent to "ethics in games journalism".
It's just a smokescreen to entice unaffected and unknowing people to listen to and recognize bigoted arguments as legitimate political positions. It has nothing to do with this specific case of university teaching.
Yeah who is this Transhuman poster, and why is he such a piece of shit? Also his username might be bigoted, there's a 50/50 chance.
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4106 on: November 22, 2017, 04:21:35 AM »
Try Kevin Spacey. His House of Cards performance is likely his true persona. Psychopaths are tricky fucks, but I don't think Spacey was acting; he was slightly adjusting his native personality.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1203163/
ὕβρις

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4107 on: November 22, 2017, 04:21:53 AM »
had a big crush on the sister and Goo was such a shit lol

benjipwns

« Reply #4108 on: November 22, 2017, 04:25:06 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1260136/
Man, it's a shame to see such a force for good torn down to nothing with literally nothing other than the word of two people and a photo where he is making an offensive groping gesture.

All anyone will have to do from now on is simply accuse someone on the left of sexual harassment. And poof, the left will eat them.

The most important thing is the impact of harassment, deliberate, accidental, malicious, or initernalized, on the people targeted. But that doesn't mean you ignore everything else.

I voted for Al Franken. I would gladly vote for Al Franken again if there were an election tomorrow, because I think he is one of the greatest forces for good in this country, and I firmly do believe, or want to believe, in my heart that he would never intentionally physically violate another human being, and would never excuse his behavior if it did. I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.

I am a man, so no, I don't understand what it's like for women. I can't understand what it's like for women. What I'm most afraid of is that I, and others, have internalized harassing behavior to the point that we do it without thinking about it, and women have internalized it to the point that they will just put on a smile while it happens and speak out about it in retrospect, that no one will ever be called on to reflect on what they're doing as they're doing it, and nothing will change.

I'm fucking begging you, out of pessimism for the level of misogyny that is accepted as the norm in our culture, speak up if you feel a hand on your ass. Speak out if you're uncomfortable with a kissing scene and you're in theater. I don't... how can I be expected to disown what I perceive to be one of the greatest forces for good in politics right now, a man who I deeply respect, when there's so little to go off of that damns his character? When dozens of people who worked under him come out and say "This is not consistent who Al Franken is," and when he condemns himself for his own misconduct, calls for introspection and investigations and shining a spotlight on himself and others, and his apology is immediately accepted?

This isn't even getting into the muddying of the waters - I'm well aware of the weaponization of this scandal by russian bots on social media. I'm aware of Roger Stone being in the know of these things before they were revealed publicly. It smells dirty to me, but I'm trying to keep that fact isolated from the reality of the pain perceived by those who have been victimized, deliberately, maliciously, unknowingly, or accidentally, by not just Al Franken, but our cultural norms that treat women with less dignity and respect that they deserve, and to take into account the responses and corroborating accounts of those accused and connected to either the accused or the accusers.

And I'm sure there is some portion in the above paragraphs that will be quoted, bolded, and ranted against as proof that I am a monster. How can we make progress like this if our own imperfections are weaponized by those who seek to prevent progress? How can we better ourselves if it takes this long for us to be called out by each other? How can any person be expected to interact in any capacity with the public while avoiding contact that could be interpreted as inappropriate? Yes, I've been touched inappropriately. Accidentally, and deliberately. I think we all have, man or woman. But fuck, is that really the end all, be all? Does nothing matter other than whether one person ever felt wronged by another? What's the fucking recourse for any of this when someone just throws out a false accusation, like the NYPost did on behalf of Arianna Huffington, in the case where it's Arianna Huffington herself saying so?

This is insane. Even if Al Franken is an ass grabbing misogynist.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #4109 on: November 22, 2017, 04:26:24 AM »
I agree with your post. So far, I have believed the various allegations by accusers over the past few months, supported by well sourced reporting.

But this Franken situation... I'm sure some aspects of the accusers' stories are true, yet it strongly reeks of people like Stone and Bannon turning the momentum of the "believe women" movement against political opponents. It's truly gross and helps delegitimise the stories of other victims, but it's not above them and it's not above a very very small (!) number of women willing to go along with it.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4110 on: November 22, 2017, 04:27:32 AM »
Quote from: Lime
Quote from: Transhuman
You know, that might happen, and it's horrible that that might happen, but at the same time if the university is censoring debate that exists in the real world and it's impossible to extricate that from the backlash some individuals might face, the information still has to be released.

The same with the Brett Winstein scandal, releasing the email he sent regardless of the consequences to his life (and there were consequences) had to be weighed against the newsworthiness of the content.

Arguing that the recording shouldn't have been released because some people might get backlash is a disingenuous complaint, and I doubt you would care if someone you disagreed with was the focus on the animus.

You are falling into the trap set up by the far right thinking that this is a question of freedom of speech and that we somehow have to 'tolerate' and actively invite and encourage the inclusion of far-right opinions and arguments in order to 'defeat them'. Freedom of speech has nothing to do with a university course and how to teach.

University courses have curricula. They have hiring practices. They have regulations stating that what topics and areas to teach. All the time teachers and professors decide on what literature and authors to include and exclude when teaching. All the time they decide what to say and how to balance teaching, course requirements, hand-ins, exams, etc. When they choose not to include everything, would you call this censorship as well? Obviously not. We constantly make value judgments on what fits best with the limited time in a course and not having the time to pick up on some far-right academic's views on gender pronouns and his ties to nazis is not a case of censorship - it's just saying that it's not worth the time of day.

Freedom of speech is just the societal equivalent to "ethics in games journalism".
It's just a smokescreen to entice unaffected and unknowing people to listen to and recognize bigoted arguments as legitimate political positions. It has nothing to do with this specific case of university teaching.
Yeah who is this Transhuman poster, and why is he such a piece of shit? Also his username might be bigoted, there's a 50/50 chance.

: (

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:35:03 AM by Transhuman »

benjipwns

« Reply #4111 on: November 22, 2017, 04:34:56 AM »
what does Gears of War have to do with any of this

shosta

« Reply #4112 on: November 22, 2017, 04:36:35 AM »
that's the worst joke you've ever told
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #4113 on: November 22, 2017, 04:40:00 AM »
Recommendations for any Anime's?

we trusted you enough to verafy you
and this is how you abuse your power
每天生气

nudemacusers

« Reply #4114 on: November 22, 2017, 04:45:10 AM »
We’re recruiting new moderators. If you’re a member in good standing and would like to help guide discussions here on NeoGAF, please send a private message to this account.

The NeoGAF moderation team had typically operated silently behind the scenes or via shared modbot usage out of necessity in recent years. To address the problems arising from those trends both internally and for the community at large, new moderators will each be equipped with a separate account for moderation duties. That way, mods will be able to safely maintain a visible presence even in the most heated threads, and the community will have far better overall transparency about moderation actions than before.

:heh ain’t nobody going to mod a gaming forum anonymously breh gl tho
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #4115 on: November 22, 2017, 04:46:17 AM »
that's the worst joke you've ever told
oh i highly doubt that

benjipwns

« Reply #4116 on: November 22, 2017, 04:47:10 AM »
the smaller version of the image looks like it says verafled

shosta

« Reply #4117 on: November 22, 2017, 04:49:11 AM »
User was warning for this post: making fun of moderation
the smaller version of the image looks like it says verafled
coincidentally that's the banner they get after they ask to not be associated with the site anymore
每天生气

TVC15

« Reply #4118 on: November 22, 2017, 04:55:45 AM »
We’re recruiting new moderators. If you’re a member in good standing and would like to help guide discussions here on NeoGAF, please send a private message to this account.

The NeoGAF moderation team had typically operated silently behind the scenes or via shared modbot usage out of necessity in recent years. To address the problems arising from those trends both internally and for the community at large, new moderators will each be equipped with a separate account for moderation duties. That way, mods will be able to safely maintain a visible presence even in the most heated threads, and the community will have far better overall transparency about moderation actions than before.

:heh ain’t nobody going to mod a gaming forum anonymously breh gl tho

Just sent you my resume, brah. I’m all sane now. Bring me on.
serge

nudemacusers

« Reply #4119 on: November 22, 2017, 05:04:09 AM »
Bird incest is nice but it’s not dad-son josmanart

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #4120 on: November 22, 2017, 05:07:05 AM »
"no dad, just the mattress...but if you have a jar..."

nudemacusers

« Reply #4121 on: November 22, 2017, 05:11:10 AM »
Also I hope the readers of this thread appreciate just how many pages of father-son incest comics I had to trawl through to find a panel that fully encapsulated the nature off the work without being eye-searingly pornographic. It’s a real balancing act.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

TVC15

« Reply #4122 on: November 22, 2017, 05:14:15 AM »
I’m sure I’m killing any chance by saying this here where ShowerLore watches, but if you pedo/ephebo/himus can even mildly convince me to do so, I will log into my GAF account and try to sell Evilore on modding me, and offer revival suggestions.
serge

shosta

« Reply #4123 on: November 22, 2017, 05:19:13 AM »
I’m sure I’m killing any chance by saying this here where ShowerLore watches, but if you pedo/ephebo/himus can even mildly convince me to do so, I will log into my GAF account and try to sell Evilore on modding me, and offer revival suggestions.
If you posted leaks of modchat in here I bet Evilore would be even more freaked out than Cerium was and you could personally be responsible for kicking NeoGAF while it's down and ending it forever.
每天生气

Bore Expert

« Reply #4124 on: November 22, 2017, 05:23:34 AM »
Vilified

:ryker

TVC15

« Reply #4125 on: November 22, 2017, 05:26:10 AM »
If you posted leaks of modchat in here I bet Evilore would be even more freaked out than Cerium was and you could personally be responsible for kicking NeoGAF while it's down and ending it forever.

I’m going to bed now. If the brain trust here can come up with a decent plot or reason to do so, I’ll send a PM to the Old God of the Old Place. His response or non-response might give us an indication of how hard off he is. Give me gold ideas, give me a plan to save his decomposing anus of a forum. I’ll do my best to sell it.
serge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4126 on: November 22, 2017, 05:35:55 AM »
Also I hope the readers of this thread appreciate just how many pages of father-son incest comics I had to trawl through to find a panel that fully encapsulated the nature off the work without being eye-searingly pornographic. It’s a real balancing act.

Father-son incest is literally the worst kind

nudemacusers

« Reply #4127 on: November 22, 2017, 05:37:56 AM »
What’s the best kind?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

shosta

« Reply #4128 on: November 22, 2017, 05:38:21 AM »
每天生气

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #4129 on: November 22, 2017, 05:48:14 AM »
Novid save us

Assimilate post some garbage

somebody complain about social studies warriors

How are we supposed to elect a female president in this country if they can't handle a little ass grab?

Do you think Angela Merkel would cry to the media? No, she'd give you a death stare and walk away quietly.   :doge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4130 on: November 22, 2017, 05:53:30 AM »
What’s the best kind?

Let me do a little research first

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4131 on: November 22, 2017, 05:55:09 AM »
JordanN to be modded soon I reckon.
ὕβρις

Oblivion

« Reply #4132 on: November 22, 2017, 06:03:33 AM »
had a big crush on the sister and Goo was such a shit lol

I loved this show as a kid, and you had to pick the worst possible episode.  :doge

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #4133 on: November 22, 2017, 06:14:04 AM »
ashep said: ↑
Or you know, maybe do because it's an extremely efficient example of how seemingly minor differences in grammar can have a devastating impact.
Quote from: excelsiorlef, post: 1265316, member: 330
If you wanna do that then avoid bringing in transphobic viewpoints

And if you absolutely have to bring in transphobic viewpoints.... probably shouldn't claim to be neutral.

And if you're gonna do all this as a TA... maybe get permission.

Excelsiorlef is something else. This maniac has to be getting close to being homeless. Who the hell would want to deal with this day to day? Someone like this makes the plight of the trans community almost impossible. I can only imagine what the backlash will be like.

ThePhantomBlot

« Reply #4134 on: November 22, 2017, 06:46:39 AM »
what does Gears of War have to do with any of this
No lie, every time I think about that Gears ad I always think of the Bad Company parody:

Such a fun little franchise within a franchise.

Randomly, this warning on RisottoEra made me chuckle:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1158616/
The user was warned for this post. Please, let's refrain from comparing game publishers to literal diseases. It's in terrible taste.
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4135 on: November 22, 2017, 06:58:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1227837/

:lol

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1264315/

Leave it to geeks to make it a sob story about them. Or to suddenly be fluent in psychiatry (did I tell you about the Jungian archetypes in The Evil Within 2 :expert ?)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 07:04:10 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4136 on: November 22, 2017, 07:14:25 AM »
If you don't care about politics, why do you bother with the news? News is inherently political ?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1265737/

:ussrcry
ὕβρις

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4137 on: November 22, 2017, 07:31:04 AM »
best comedy show now is New Girl

shame it got canned because people suck
It got seven seasons on a broadcast network.

On FOX of all networks.

:confused

i guess thats pretty good

not many shows live to 10 seasons

SmokyDave

« Reply #4138 on: November 22, 2017, 07:34:22 AM »
ashep said: ↑
Or you know, maybe do because it's an extremely efficient example of how seemingly minor differences in grammar can have a devastating impact.
Quote from: excelsiorlef, post: 1265316, member: 330
If you wanna do that then avoid bringing in transphobic viewpoints

And if you absolutely have to bring in transphobic viewpoints.... probably shouldn't claim to be neutral.

And if you're gonna do all this as a TA... maybe get permission.

Excelsiorlef is something else. This maniac has to be getting close to being homeless. Who the hell would want to deal with this day to day? Someone like this makes the plight of the trans community almost impossible. I can only imagine what the backlash will be like.
I’m fairly sure I remember them telling me that their parents rented them a place. Must be nice to have such a privileged financial safety net.

I remember once telling Labor / Massive Duck that if he advocated for kittens, I’d be tempted to slice one open and wear it as a hat. Excelsior is similar, and Lime would be were that poster not an act. I’m sure it’s immensely frustrating having people like that attempt to represent you.

Lime misgendering the TA in that thread is microcosmic ResetERA perfection. Whoever is behind that account has my deep admiration.

Edit: also, my account on GAF is in good standing, having been permanently banned. I’ll mod GAF for beer money.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 07:38:53 AM by SmokyDave »

Novid

« Reply #4139 on: November 22, 2017, 07:37:32 AM »
Novid save us

Assimilate post some garbage

somebody complain about social studies warriors
too busy watching the bonfire in hollywood, its great. Gonna cook nice leftovers with it after thanksgiving with it.