Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174472 times)

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #1980 on: November 12, 2017, 12:54:26 PM »
I too was abused by neogaf

#metoo

Which mod touched you and how young were you?

etiolate

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #1981 on: November 12, 2017, 01:03:29 PM »
Of course, Kotaku apes that ignorant Cuphead article.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
APES??? I DETECT A DOG WHISTLE
[close]

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1982 on: November 12, 2017, 01:07:14 PM »
dujl
1 month ago
Destiny, more like Density, because this guy is fucking dense.
:dice

agrajag

« Reply #1983 on: November 12, 2017, 01:12:40 PM »
Novid or HIVE. You can only pick one.

I choose aepita or whatever his name was

BadAss2961

« Reply #1984 on: November 12, 2017, 01:18:10 PM »
meanwhile GAF has three day old threads on the first page
Dude obviously has to go with open membership asap, but is taking forever to make a move.

How long could it possibly take to scrub OT of shaming evidence?

FStop7

« Reply #1985 on: November 12, 2017, 01:22:27 PM »
Please someone post this on Risotto.

paprikastaude

« Reply #1986 on: November 12, 2017, 01:30:46 PM »
Oh no, is SNL now cumshake birds?

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1987 on: November 12, 2017, 01:43:33 PM »
Your weekly "Naughty Dog is problematic" thread.

It's hugely disappointing to me. It's a let down. I feel Naughty Dog has acted irresponsibly.

None of this is to say that India doesn't have problems- it does, and, in fact, I've said in this post itself that it has a lot of the same problems that the game brings up.

:thinking

https://www.resetera.com/threads/uncharted-the-lost-legacy-disappointingly-feeds-into-harmful-stereotypes-and-perceptions-of-india.5617/

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #1988 on: November 12, 2017, 01:53:02 PM »
Third world country does not want to be portrayed as a third world country. :doge

Now, i have not been to india. But im still having nightmares over a seminar i attended a couple of years back where the graphic reality of the conditions that some of our lecturing physicians faced there was shown.

No sewage, rabid dogs all over the place, antibiotics given like candy, caste system still practiced despite being gone for years etc.

Obviously there are more presentable areas, but a big chunk of the population lives like that.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:58:21 PM by Nabbis »

paprikastaude

« Reply #1989 on: November 12, 2017, 02:02:23 PM »
Uncharted is dumb. Bunch of wannabe-lighthearted hipsters murdering thousands for treasure. If Naughty Dog were so genious, they would have found better ways to tell their trite story than to simply force it into the most mainstream genre (shooters). And the gameplay isn't that good either, I completely lost interest about 3 hours into part 2.

Raist

« Reply #1990 on: November 12, 2017, 02:07:11 PM »
The rule should be simple - don't say to any women anything you wouldn't like to hear in jail from another man.

:rofl

benjipwns

« Reply #1991 on: November 12, 2017, 02:07:27 PM »
this Destiny guy calls people cucks and has pepe emoticons in his chat, knew he was another white supremacist duckshake, i know exactly what he really wants to call Enzom

time to fire up the hate machine to blow this KKK Bungie employee all the way to his magma core

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1992 on: November 12, 2017, 02:35:19 PM »
People defending an ideology hell bent on killing all jews, and in direct conflict with the west lol

And further drawing parallels between bombings where civilian casualties happen vs actually throwing children in front of gunfire.   :neogaf

nudemacusers

« Reply #1993 on: November 12, 2017, 02:35:22 PM »
The rule should be simple - don't say to any women anything you wouldn't like to hear in jail from another man.

“I’ll suck your dick for $20”?

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1994 on: November 12, 2017, 02:49:50 PM »
This guy understands the India in the game doesn't actually exist right?

benjipwns

« Reply #1995 on: November 12, 2017, 02:50:13 PM »
wait this Nick Fuentes dude is nineteen

:jeanluc

The prologue to the legend of Nicholas J Fuentes: My timely birth allowed me to watch on the nightly news the spoils of the American experiment squandered for one final time before the dying gasp of a once exceptional people as the free world and economic abundance of Ronald Reagan was inherited by the lizard people. To understand how far the country has come from the virgin constitutional republic born of the Revolution to the corrupt, unitary technocracy of a new Statist century. From George Washington to George W. Bush. Everyone knows the country is going to hell and if you don't then you're a liberal apologist arguing why the change your President promised you is all that it was cracked up to be.

My generation is the generation of hopelessness. They don't see it that way because Buzzfeed can use upbeat stock background music, punchy graphics, and a self-righteous punk weakling to dress up cultural suicide as egalitarianism. But we know better. With George W. Bush we got a neoconservative Utopian who could not wage the culture war and when center right Dubya collapsed in 2008 we got a communist Islamist sympathizer whose entire candidacy and governance was wholly founded on the ignorance of the masses and a media that would just plain lie night after night.

And in 2015, it looked as though we would have the proverbial "more of the same," "lesser of two evils," "business as usual." 2016 looked to be a grand orgy of stockholm syndrome induced cultural cuckholdry in which we, the free men and women of the United States of America, would grudgingly but unflinchingly elect either our third bumbling conservative Bush lite or our second white trash criminal Clinton. Having spent the entire century being blown up by IEDs in the desert. The worst economy since the great depression. The largest government in the history of the world. Flagrant lawlessness at the highest level. An invasion from the South and from the MidEast. An education system infiltrated and conquered decades ago by Marxists. A Bill of Rights in peril by the death of an actual conservative Supreme Court Justice, the last soul in the way of the loss of the republic. A terror state, a new Cold War, a billion people saying they own the ocean, more dollars in debt than atoms in the universe, Seth Rogen, boys are girls and girls are boys, facts are racist, feminism, infanticide as a right, Tumblr.

:what

The First Amendment was not written for Muslims, by the way. It wasn't written for a barbaric ideology that wanted to come over and kill us. It was written for Calvinists. It was written for Lutherans and Catholics, not for Salafists, not for Wahabists, not for the Saudi royal family. Don't think the founders had that one in mind. And it also was intended for citizens, not for immigrants. If the First Amendment protected everyone's right to have their religion and express it in every country, we'd have our police in the Congo or in Uganda fighting against the Lord's Resistance Army. And you never hear that side of the story on the mainstream media, and why not? Why don't we hear about it? Why do none of our elected officials talk about this or like this? They know it's true. Why don't we hear about in the mainstream media? We don't hear about it on Fox News, by the way, either. And why not?

Who runs the media? Globalists. Time to kill the globalists. I don't want to not watch CNN. I don't want CNN to go out of business. I don't want CNN to be more honest. I want people that run CNN to be arrested and deported or hanged because this is deliberate. This is not an accident. It's not, "Oh, you know journalists have a liberal bias because they're educated, and educated people tend to be" — none of that. It is malicious intent. There is a design, there is an agenda here. And the people behind CNN that are pushing outright lies, and you see the people who try and expose the truth are cut off so obviously. They get their mics cut off, and they say, "Oh whoops, we've lost the signal. Technical difficulties."
:crazy

Clockwork5

« Reply #1996 on: November 12, 2017, 02:51:51 PM »

I would still be a virgin. :goty2

nudemacusers

« Reply #1997 on: November 12, 2017, 03:02:09 PM »
He’s going to look like stephen miller by age 25
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1998 on: November 12, 2017, 03:02:10 PM »
This mod comment in the Naughty India thread is killing me.

You either stop with these dismissive comments, or you'll get a time-out.

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty
« Reply #1999 on: November 12, 2017, 03:05:13 PM »
the etcetera section is so boring to read

the gaming section feels the same but it's great for news

what's the advantage of going to resetera vs. a place like reddit?

Raist

« Reply #2000 on: November 12, 2017, 03:14:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/849117/

It really didn't take long for the "moderation" team to be an absolute shitshow :lol

thehunter116 post if you're ok.

« Reply #2001 on: November 12, 2017, 03:15:54 PM »
the etcetera section is so boring to read

the gaming section feels the same but it's great for news

what's the advantage of going to resetera vs. a place like reddit?
You can pretend that both GAF was worth saving and that those qualities live on in resetera. It’s for lying to yourself, in other words.

nudemacusers

« Reply #2002 on: November 12, 2017, 03:20:28 PM »
At some point reset will realize you can’t silo thread topics and discussions with any real consistency or objectivity. Never mind the warning seems to be a rebuttal to portions of the text being discussed .
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

« Reply #2003 on: November 12, 2017, 03:21:38 PM »

It really didn't take long for the "moderation" team to be an absolute shitshow :lol

At least the ahego avatar person caught a ban. Not sure where though.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/852820/

nudemacusers

« Reply #2004 on: November 12, 2017, 03:22:28 PM »

At least the ahego avatar person caught a ban. Not sure where though.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/852820/
Iirc cream got permabanned in the last forum for making weird creepy sex related posts. Was only a matter of time before the strikes started racking up.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

etiolate

« Reply #2005 on: November 12, 2017, 03:25:57 PM »
I don't see how that poster's comment is not relevant to the article. The article opens up saying its a one gender issue. That should be called out.

I understand the answer is "because its the same stupid community as GAF", but it's a mod doing that and stupidity isn't just a IRL DURP. There's some twisted logic behind that banning that I am curious to hear.

nudemacusers

« Reply #2006 on: November 12, 2017, 03:32:05 PM »
The real test would be to wait a week and make a male sex crime victim thread and await the response 👀
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

FStop7

« Reply #2007 on: November 12, 2017, 03:33:31 PM »
Fuck Corey Feldman and Corey Haim, I guess.  They don’t count.  Nor do Kevin Spacey’s victims.

Rentacenter played itself out in record time.  It’s just Diet NeoGAF.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #2008 on: November 12, 2017, 03:33:51 PM »
Why is slayven still sucking dick?  You're a mod

https://www.resetera.com/posts/840439/

Grow a spine.  Or don't, that would be even more annoying.
sigh

Raist

« Reply #2009 on: November 12, 2017, 03:38:56 PM »
Wait, when did Fiction become a mod there?

Mortimer Brewster

« Reply #2010 on: November 12, 2017, 03:40:51 PM »

:jeanluc

The prologue to the legend of Nicholas J Fuentes: My timely birth allowed me to watch on the nightly news the spoils of the American experiment squandered for one final time before the dying gasp of a once exceptional people as the free world and economic abundance of Ronald Reagan was inherited by the lizard people. To understand how far the country has come from the virgin constitutional republic born of the Revolution to the corrupt, unitary technocracy of a new Statist century. From George Washington to George W. Bush. Everyone knows the country is going to hell and if you don't then you're a liberal apologist arguing why the change your President promised you is all that it was cracked up to be.

My generation is the generation of hopelessness. They don't see it that way because Buzzfeed can use upbeat stock background music, punchy graphics, and a self-righteous punk weakling to dress up cultural suicide as egalitarianism. But we know better. With George W. Bush we got a neoconservative Utopian who could not wage the culture war and when center right Dubya collapsed in 2008 we got a communist Islamist sympathizer whose entire candidacy and governance was wholly founded on the ignorance of the masses and a media that would just plain lie night after night.

And in 2015, it looked as though we would have the proverbial "more of the same," "lesser of two evils," "business as usual." 2016 looked to be a grand orgy of stockholm syndrome induced cultural cuckholdry in which we, the free men and women of the United States of America, would grudgingly but unflinchingly elect either our third bumbling conservative Bush lite or our second white trash criminal Clinton. Having spent the entire century being blown up by IEDs in the desert. The worst economy since the great depression. The largest government in the history of the world. Flagrant lawlessness at the highest level. An invasion from the South and from the MidEast. An education system infiltrated and conquered decades ago by Marxists. A Bill of Rights in peril by the death of an actual conservative Supreme Court Justice, the last soul in the way of the loss of the republic. A terror state, a new Cold War, a billion people saying they own the ocean, more dollars in debt than atoms in the universe, Seth Rogen, boys are girls and girls are boys, facts are racist, feminism, infanticide as a right, Tumblr.

:what

The First Amendment was not written for Muslims, by the way. It wasn't written for a barbaric ideology that wanted to come over and kill us. It was written for Calvinists. It was written for Lutherans and Catholics, not for Salafists, not for Wahabists, not for the Saudi royal family. Don't think the founders had that one in mind. And it also was intended for citizens, not for immigrants. If the First Amendment protected everyone's right to have their religion and express it in every country, we'd have our police in the Congo or in Uganda fighting against the Lord's Resistance Army. And you never hear that side of the story on the mainstream media, and why not? Why don't we hear about it? Why do none of our elected officials talk about this or like this? They know it's true. Why don't we hear about in the mainstream media? We don't hear about it on Fox News, by the way, either. And why not?

Who runs the media? Globalists. Time to kill the globalists. I don't want to not watch CNN. I don't want CNN to go out of business. I don't want CNN to be more honest. I want people that run CNN to be arrested and deported or hanged because this is deliberate. This is not an accident. It's not, "Oh, you know journalists have a liberal bias because they're educated, and educated people tend to be" — none of that. It is malicious intent. There is a design, there is an agenda here. And the people behind CNN that are pushing outright lies, and you see the people who try and expose the truth are cut off so obviously. They get their mics cut off, and they say, "Oh whoops, we've lost the signal. Technical difficulties."
:crazy

Sounds like your average Voat poster only they don't hide behind "globalist" when circlejerking over stupid anti semetic conspiracy theories.

nudemacusers

« Reply #2011 on: November 12, 2017, 03:49:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/we’re-together-era-lets-vent-about-our-partners.5538/

Wonder how many of those posters who have been in their relationships since their teen years have spouses who met them above the age of 20 🚨 🚨 🚨
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

FStop7

« Reply #2012 on: November 12, 2017, 03:49:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/857955/

:brazilcry

“Please stop calling out my flimsy bullshit!  I might have to actually respond honestly rather than continue to hide behind my amazingly shallow denials!”

Raist

« Reply #2013 on: November 12, 2017, 03:52:10 PM »
If this thread cannot get back on track within the next few posts, this thread will be locked. If you have a problem with moderation actions and warnings, please reach out to me or the moderation in question directly via PM. Hashing out your disagreements in the thread is not acceptable and constitutes derailment.

Thanks.

Why does this sound familiar :thinking

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #2014 on: November 12, 2017, 03:54:16 PM »

Ive seen this on acid twice. Its a fun watch.
OH!

FStop7

« Reply #2015 on: November 12, 2017, 03:54:52 PM »
In other words the OP sucks and can’t defend his inflammatory garbage so let’s close down the discussion.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #2016 on: November 12, 2017, 03:58:52 PM »
Cream melting down

You're right this is a place for varied opinions. And it's also a place where I am allowed to call out the opinions that are fucking racist trash.

For a person who is so concerned about making sure the opinions are varied you sure do you want to police my tone

Have you ever considered the fact that this is something I have to deal with literally every fucking day? People like you disregarding literally all of our pain and discomfort just so you can have your fucking wonderful run and gun video game without having to think about Icky icky racism! OH BOOO HOOO
https://www.resetera.com/posts/858604/
sigh

FStop7

« Reply #2017 on: November 12, 2017, 04:06:36 PM »
All because of Cuphead’s art.  Something nobody gave a shit about until 2 days ago when suddenly it became the root of all evil because of parasitic bloggers who self-promote by attacking and tearing down the success of actual creative people in order to grow their e-peens, follower counts, and Patreons.

Oh, and it turns out that Cream’s avatar is loli porn.  SURPRISE!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 04:14:56 PM by FStop7 »

« Reply #2018 on: November 12, 2017, 04:10:12 PM »
Fuck Corey Feldman and Corey Haim, I guess.  They don’t count.  Nor do Kevin Spacey’s victims.

Rentacenter played itself out in record time.  It’s just Diet NeoGAF.

This is distilled refined pure 100% proof NeoGAF, the kind that poisons you just by breathing in the fumes, let alone drinking deeply of it

Novid

« Reply #2019 on: November 12, 2017, 04:11:19 PM »
she aint long for this world folks.
Lets see if her CIA friends save her now:

https://twitter.com/UnburntWitch/status/929425526686543873

Novid

« Reply #2020 on: November 12, 2017, 04:13:24 PM »
I know for a fact that there are plenty of TERF's in the deep state.
They been waiting to cut her down and they just found there opening

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2021 on: November 12, 2017, 04:15:59 PM »
Still posting but it feels like Resetera is going off the rails.
The tensions are high, something will give in soon.  :doge

How is the Neo Reich doing? Has Tyler executed the traitors yet?
🤴

Pwnz

« Reply #2022 on: November 12, 2017, 04:17:36 PM »

Yea that thread is a shitshow.

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #2023 on: November 12, 2017, 04:19:34 PM »
i hate demi
hey

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #2024 on: November 12, 2017, 04:21:25 PM »
Still posting but it feels like Resetera is going off the rails.
The tensions are high, something will give in soon.  :doge

How is the Neo Reich doing? Has Tyler executed the traitors yet?

Neogaf is slow but extremely readable. Who knew, the nutjobs leaving helped a lot.

« Reply #2025 on: November 12, 2017, 04:23:01 PM »
Cream melting down

You're right this is a place for varied opinions. And it's also a place where I am allowed to call out the opinions that are fucking racist trash.

For a person who is so concerned about making sure the opinions are varied you sure do you want to police my tone

Have you ever considered the fact that this is something I have to deal with literally every fucking day? People like you disregarding literally all of our pain and discomfort just so you can have your fucking wonderful run and gun video game without having to think about Icky icky racism! OH BOOO HOOO
I think it's fair that the developers put a disclaimer in the game, but i also think that Cream should put a disclaimer in all his posts that the avatar he's using is from a loli porn artist.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/859593/
:delicious

EDIT: Too slow again.  :'(

kingv

« Reply #2026 on: November 12, 2017, 04:27:48 PM »
Did slayven have the day off? A lot of important voices got banned in that thread!

etiolate

« Reply #2027 on: November 12, 2017, 04:28:57 PM »
That Cuphead thread is a graveyard now.

There's something interesting in the original article's varied mistakes. It takes the position that the cartoons were basically a form of Jim Crow and meant to admonish, diminish or condemn jazz culture. (And blacks by extension.)

That's entirely wrong, but it means that everything about those cartoons are irredeemable within that mindset, which means you end up having to demean and condemn what jazz culture was and where it came from. Yeah, Cab was Koko the clown, and he was an old man in the mountain, and he was a Walrus. (He was also himself, as Fliescher was basically doing music videos for Cab and Minnie the Moocher featured him and his band's actual studio performance.)

So you end up having to hate and admonish everything Cab was about. He wrote about gambling, drinking and the various troubles young people get into. So to think Dice King is a racist minstrel show, you end up having to take the moralistic view that jazz culture was evil, so referencing it in any way is racist.

It's a fucked up product of their inability to separate various wrongdoings of a creator from the creative product.

Rise

« Reply #2028 on: November 12, 2017, 04:29:09 PM »
how did that poster know it was a loli artist though  :doge

MangoMadness

« Reply #2029 on: November 12, 2017, 04:39:42 PM »
Cream melting down

I think it's fair that the developers put a disclaimer in the game, but i also think that Cream should put a disclaimer in all his posts that the avatar he's using is from a loli porn artist.

Was wondering when Cream would finally get called out on having an avatar that appears to be a girl getting fucked.  I'm sure the few women on ResetEra just love seeing that.

etiolate

« Reply #2030 on: November 12, 2017, 04:45:22 PM »
C.R.E.A.M.

Childrens Rule Ephebophiles Around Me

gotta get the loli

Thousand dolla bails y'all

Pwnz

« Reply #2031 on: November 12, 2017, 04:50:51 PM »
Cream already got a 3 day ban, doesn't that mean it's the 2nd One? Hopefully permed soon, so damn obnoxious.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #2032 on: November 12, 2017, 04:52:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-battlefront-ii-youll-need-40-hours-to-unlock-a-hero.5517/

Old-fashioned throwback thread of :derp s defending flagrantly terrible business practices.

There's even people blaming consumers for getting mad on the Reddit/thread because it might mean some lost sales for EA's blockbuster AAA title.

It's their fault for buying Nu-front 2 in the first place after Nu-front 1's beta was mediocre at best. :ufup

:ufup EA messing with DICE :ufup

:ufup DICE consolidating Nu-front and Battlefield's gameplay together to where BF4 is still being played and BF1 was dropped like a hot turd that it is by the fanbase :ufup

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #2033 on: November 12, 2017, 05:03:27 PM »
That Cuphead thread is giving me life.
serge

Raist

« Reply #2034 on: November 12, 2017, 05:11:10 PM »
Cream melting down

Was wondering when Cream would finally get called out on having an avatar that appears to be a girl getting fucked.  I'm sure the few women on ResetEra just love seeing that.

There's a bunch of avatars like his. It's amusing.

warcock

« Reply #2035 on: November 12, 2017, 05:17:51 PM »
So from casual observation reset era does not seem to be close to generating the amount of traffix that gaf had. And gaf is ded. A victory for climate change?

Raist

« Reply #2036 on: November 12, 2017, 05:19:50 PM »
Moderation, there is something really fucked up on banning black people on a discussion about racism. They should be allowed to get a bit triggered by the subject. It's very delicate topic.

ERA mods, Y'all got some of that good old GAF immunity for BCT?

Newhalf

« Reply #2037 on: November 12, 2017, 05:23:29 PM »
So from casual observation reset era does not seem to be close to generating the amount of traffix that gaf had. And gaf is ded. A victory for climate change?
Did whoever was keeping track of posts per day around the GAF meltdown/ResetERA launch continue so we can compare? Did they measure views as well?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2038 on: November 12, 2017, 05:41:48 PM »
Cream already got a 3 day ban, doesn't that mean it's the 2nd One? Hopefully permed soon, so damn obnoxious.

Yeah Cream already caught a ban. Not sure I remember him/her from GAF but that poster has been totally unhinged since day one of ERA, getting defensive and hysterical in every thread.
ὕβρις

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2039 on: November 12, 2017, 05:49:04 PM »
LOL @ accusing someone of not being clever and calling it "RisottaEra" in the same sentence