Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174214 times)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #3240 on: November 18, 2017, 03:41:14 AM »
Plus she’s ugly

I mean she is but you don't have to point it out.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #3241 on: November 18, 2017, 03:42:47 AM »
Am I the only one who is a bit shocked at the general tone of the Lena Dunham thread on ResistEra? I figured it would be the mental gymnastics olympics. Surprising to see so many posters come out with like this hidden but now it's okay to show my hatred for her. Post after post of "garbage person".

For the record: Garbage Person.

You must have missed Lena Dunham threads on GAF;  after her book with her little description of fingering her sister came out she became public enemy #1 on GAF especially as she was labeled a dreaded "White Femenist" near that same time.
wait, what the... she fingered her little sister? how did this even, wut?

second, dreaded "white feminist" ??

i can't keep up with this stuff

Clockwork5

« Reply #3242 on: November 18, 2017, 03:48:09 AM »
Am I the only one who is a bit shocked at the general tone of the Lena Dunham thread on ResistEra? I figured it would be the mental gymnastics olympics. Surprising to see so many posters come out with like this hidden but now it's okay to show my hatred for her. Post after post of "garbage person".

For the record: Garbage Person.

You must have missed Lena Dunham threads on GAF;  after her book with her little description of fingering her sister came out she became public enemy #1 on GAF especially as she was labeled a dreaded "White Femenist" near that same time.
wait, what the... she fingered her little sister? how did this even, wut?

second, dreaded "white feminist" ??

i can't keep up with this stuff
Yeah, I missed all that too. Honestly though, I tend to nope out when I see her name mentioned.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3243 on: November 18, 2017, 03:57:48 AM »
I am howling at former GAF mods being so pissed at being called "fascists" in a blanket manner when late GAF was a competition to see how many people you could qualify by association with the most vehement word possible.

Also were less in an hurry to do so on GAF when people implied the mods were having deplorable have a go at the forum now bishop was gone.
ὕβρις

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #3244 on: November 18, 2017, 03:57:58 AM »
She wrote in her book about when she was maybe 7-8 herself touching her little sister's vagina.  It's actually relatively normal shit for little kids who don't know anything about sex;  it didn't go over well on GAF though lol.

Not sure why not  :doge

What's the dreaded "white feminist" bit? Are you saying white women can't be feminists?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3245 on: November 18, 2017, 04:00:18 AM »
She wrote in her book about when she was maybe 7-8 herself touching her little sister's vagina.  It's actually relatively normal shit for little kids who don't know anything about sex;  it didn't go over well on GAF though lol.

II don't remember the details but there were pebbles and inserting them forcibly on her sister which seemed to be less than ordinary.
ὕβρις

Clockwork5

« Reply #3246 on: November 18, 2017, 04:00:28 AM »

Okay, that puts it in a bit of perspective.

Also, its official. I now post here more than those other forums. I know I've picked a couple fights here but it's all in good nature and I like this place. Like you riotous, we had a little spat earlier tonight where I maybe hyperbolically accused you of calling everyone Nazis but you are cool and engage me in conversation just a short while later. That kind of behavior is refreshing, you seem chill.

Can I stay and be one of you guys?

:uguu

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3247 on: November 18, 2017, 04:06:22 AM »
"White feminist" on GAF/Era often is used in a derogatory way. Either as the idea they're "salon activists" or that feminism stops at or is modeled by racial privilege.
ὕβρις

jorma

« Reply #3248 on: November 18, 2017, 04:12:39 AM »
Reading that thread it's the same snarky posters with the same tired arguments and from what i can tell - with the same mod backing.

They've been posting for years and have yet to display a single instance of just being fucking chill and smoke a joint or whatever. All that virtue and purity spent on writing slight variations of the same fucking sentence in every single thread, every single day.

Not sure if they are actively seeking out an echo chamber to reside in, or if everyone else just leaves the room when they enter.

Clockwork5

« Reply #3249 on: November 18, 2017, 04:17:27 AM »
Reading that thread it's the same snarky posters with the same tired arguments and from what i can tell - with the same mod backing.

They've been posting for years and have yet to display a single instance of just being fucking chill and smoke a joint or whatever. All that virtue and purity spent on writing slight variations of the same fucking sentence in every single thread, every single day.

Not sure if they are actively seeking out an echo chamber to reside in, or if everyone else just leaves the room when they enter.
In the past, when the usual suspects show up I would just head to the gaming side to bitch about pixels or frame rates. Lately though, I have just been catching the cliff notes in this thread.

Faction

« Reply #3250 on: November 18, 2017, 04:22:07 AM »
Pedophiles are people too, and trapped within the corrupted US justice system all because privledged adults won’t let them near their privileged children. ERA has a policy of welcoming with open arms any and all underrepresented minorities.

Unless You’re Colin Moriarty. Even if he comes out as a pedophile, he’s still not welcome.

I cam never tell if anyone is joking here. But if you aren't there is absolutely nothing privileged about being a victim. And that's all I'll say on the matter.

If you were joking everybody can laugh at me

And now I will probably go back to lurking forever, because while you guys are funny sometimes has no skills and being feeling myself. Y'all are pretty entertaining

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3251 on: November 18, 2017, 04:24:26 AM »
You're right, I looked for the quote again and she said she spread open her sister's vagina and found the pebbles in there. Somehow I had a much more dark recollection of that bit.
I stand corrected.
ὕβρις

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #3252 on: November 18, 2017, 04:32:41 AM »
*Starts laughing at Faction*

Such a toxic environment. :(

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #3253 on: November 18, 2017, 04:43:28 AM »
Can I stay and be one of you guys?

:uguu

No.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3254 on: November 18, 2017, 04:43:56 AM »
There's also the jerking off in bed with her sister thing and making her play weird kissing games. Why anyone would put this in their own memoirs, christ only knows

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3255 on: November 18, 2017, 04:46:58 AM »
There's also the jerking off in bed with her sister thing and making her play weird kissing games. Why anyone would put this in their own memoirs, christ only knows
She legit thought she was being quirky and funny, makes me wonder where her boundaries lie tbh.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #3256 on: November 18, 2017, 05:12:59 AM »
I don't know what annoys me more; the faux-outrage Olympics over this chick or her obnoxious writing.  She's a narcisist whose shtick is to talk about how much of a narcisist she is;  couldn't think of anything more daft.
While her shtick is annoying I think it was fairly important and interesting when she first made a splash. I remember when Tiny Furniture came out it wasn't very well received but it really floored me. It was like Garden State, but repurposed in such a way that it captured the Millennial feeling of being lost that kind of permeated the rest of the decade, certainly before other people were doing it. And then she turned it into Girls, which wasn't especially interesting as it droned on with its terrible cast, but the first season roared with the same contemporary energy. Like other people, I'm not interested in the characters at all, but I think it's worth pointing out at least that people had the exact same complaints about Trainspotting 15 years earlier: horrible people doing horrible things with no future.
每天生气

Bore Expert

« Reply #3257 on: November 18, 2017, 05:33:00 AM »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #3258 on: November 18, 2017, 05:58:28 AM »
Here's the actual parapgraph about that:

(Image removed from quote.)

And the paragraph where she is clearly jokingly making an analogy to a sexual predator to describe how she wanted to be close to her sister:

(Image removed from quote.)

I don't know what annoys me more; the faux-outrage Olympics over this chick or her obnoxious writing.  She's a narcisist whose shtick is to talk about how much of a narcisist she is;  couldn't think of anything more daft.

Ok, i get how she's writing this. Resetgaf going all nutso over it is stupid. She's a bad writer, i'm not a fan, but i get.

What's shocking to me is how corporations, the media, and various other outlets are still caring about twitter/online outrage. Hasn't the cat gotten out of the bag yet? These people are mainly fucking losers that wan't nothing else but to feel important, like they're making a difference with their rage.

They're the same people that used to pick up tabloid magazines while waiting in line at the grocery store to read juicy gossip about a movie star or politicians misdeeds so they can feel better about their miserable meaningless lives.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 06:05:25 AM by Assimilate »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3259 on: November 18, 2017, 06:44:06 AM »
Ok, i get how she's writing this. Resetgaf going all nutso over it is stupid. She's a bad writer, i'm not a fan, but i get.

What's shocking to me is how corporations, the media, and various other outlets are still caring about twitter/online outrage. Hasn't the cat gotten out of the bag yet? These people are mainly fucking losers that wan't nothing else but to feel important, like they're making a difference with their rage.

They're the same people that used to pick up tabloid magazines while waiting in line at the grocery store to read juicy gossip about a movie star or politicians misdeeds so they can feel better about their miserable meaningless lives.

Or like randos gossiping and bitching about what other randos write on a meaningless forum dedicated to manchildren toys to extract a smug, crass sense of superiority.

I mean I don't think the "corporations and media" have a lot of say in it. This is the world we live in, it's just gotten a lot faster and hasty.
ὕβρις

venereology

« Reply #3260 on: November 18, 2017, 08:00:43 AM »
That shit is old as hell; 2014 IIRC.  But it gets brought up in all Dunham threads.

that's because everybody on that forum has a one-strike rule regarding everything and then plugs their ears to anything else relating to that subject.

well, everybody except the people who then become hyper-obsessed with said issue and can't stop digging into it

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3261 on: November 18, 2017, 08:38:44 AM »
Just noticed commidieu is back on RA, didn't they suicide on gaf by dropping something racist as fuck?

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3262 on: November 18, 2017, 08:49:35 AM »
That shit is old as hell; 2014 IIRC.  But it gets brought up in all Dunham threads.  It got a lot more attention than just social media outrage as it was picked up by the endless array of right-wing blogs/news sites out there.

Her latest offense is believing a male friend over a female accuser.

You know what else happened in 2014, right?  Gamergate

Edit: Also it was considered a big enough deal to where she had to cancel her stupid and shitty book tour.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 08:56:06 AM by Olivia Wilde Homo »
🍆🍆

nudemacusers

« Reply #3263 on: November 18, 2017, 09:10:34 AM »
Just noticed commidieu is back on RA, didn't they suicide on gaf by dropping something racist as fuck?
They let a bunch of creepy pedo types back in aka anime and figure gaf. Plus the account suicide was situationally justifiable since it was making a statement against the sexual abuser known as evilore
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

kingv

« Reply #3264 on: November 18, 2017, 09:12:38 AM »

I think maybe he was trying to be sarcastic? If not, he’s the best undercover agent I’ve ever seen.

kingv

« Reply #3265 on: November 18, 2017, 09:17:33 AM »
When over 97% of sexual assault cases are true, you don’t say: “Almost always belive the woman,” you say “Belive the woman.”
Wow, that's like prosecutor running for DA level conviction numbers.

Meanwhile, there’s a news story running where a dude was in jail for like 40 years for a rape he was exonerated for.

And also meanwhile there was a chick in the UK who was jailed in August for making 15 false rape accusations against multiple people.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3266 on: November 18, 2017, 09:24:34 AM »
I cam never tell if anyone is joking here. But if you aren't there is absolutely nothing privileged about being a victim. And that's all I'll say on the matter.

And now I will probably go back to lurking forever, because while you guys are funny sometimes has no skills and being feeling myself. Y'all are pretty entertaining
Your particular situation is absolutely unfortunate, and I'm sorry. Really, I mean that; I am sorry you had to go through that.

But perhaps precisely because of the intimate personal affect this has had on your life, you may be particularly incapable of discussing this topic objectively and rationally. Not because you're a bad person, just because it has had such a serious impact on your life.

benjipwns

« Reply #3267 on: November 18, 2017, 09:28:55 AM »
lol that wasn't even a month ago yet

Opiate posting here a ton during the EVILORE STATEMENT WAITING PERIOD I mean, and me dropping that on him because everyone else was fighting with him rather than doing the most obvious wisecrack

sometimes i don't know what you guys would do without me

spoiler (click to show/hide)

*shudders*
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #3268 on: November 18, 2017, 09:41:06 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1112481/
no. if you can use cheats in game or easily use a cheat engine then the developers intend you to cheat or never bothered to try stop you.
What a nonsense.
"This products lie on the shelf without any protection, so I can take them freely".

Where I'm from, EULA's aren't binding unless you got to read/agree to them *before* the purchase. Can't remember the last time someone made me sign a EULA before buying a game.
I have never read or signed anything related to any kind of law agreements in my country, so I can murder everyone I want and steal whatever I want.

The answer to this question is yes, it is piracy.

As has been stated before, when you buy a game you are actually purchasing A license to use that software. The EULA will detail exactly what this grants you access to.

If you use tools to circumvent security elements that prevent you from gaining access to certain portions of content that you have not paid for and were not granted access to via your initial purchase, then this is an act of piracy.

Imagine if the game was free to play with adverts and micro transactions. All the revenue for that game comes through those sources. If you choose to remove the adds or get the content behind the micro transactions without paying then that is piracy and is detrimental to the developers.

The fact that you may have already paid an "entry fee" to get the game is the first place is irrelevant.

I'm always reluctant to make comparisons to the real world, but a cable Or satellite TV subscription may be suitable. Just because you have the equipment capable of receiving all the channels does not mean you are entitled to those channels without paying additional fees. The same is true with games and software.
Nintendo should have tried these arguments in court to stop the Game Genie.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #3269 on: November 18, 2017, 09:43:30 AM »
Pedophiles are people too, and trapped within the corrupted US justice system all because privledged adults won’t let them near their privileged children. ERA has a policy of welcoming with open arms any and all underrepresented minorities.

Unless You’re Colin Moriarty. Even if he comes out as a pedophile, he’s still not welcome.

nicca just find a hole a fuck it. You'll find a groove.
:9

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3270 on: November 18, 2017, 09:48:00 AM »

I think maybe he was trying to be sarcastic? If not, he’s the best undercover agent I’ve ever seen.

Read like a satire of normie Gaffers and "what they really think". Obvious one too considering his profile. But what do I know ? :yeshrug
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3271 on: November 18, 2017, 10:02:41 AM »
Pretty strange to react to the site owner shower pouncing on a drunk girl (she's bi) by calling people distinguished black fellow though

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3272 on: November 18, 2017, 10:16:11 AM »
Pretty strange to react to the site owner shower pouncing on a drunk girl (she's bi) by calling people distinguished black fellow though

His post was more of a reaction to people leaving though and in that context it makes sense. Plenty of people then saying that hopefully now they'll be able to discuss games. Turning that into "...without the persons of color badgering us" is perfectly in line with how some of the woke crowd thought of NeoGAF (and everything) as a nest of Mandchurian candidate like white supremacists communicating through dog whistles.
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3273 on: November 18, 2017, 10:20:44 AM »
I agree.

My complaint/observation is just how insane it is that the incident with the site owner suddenly turned everyone remaining on the site into the other, be that gators/nazis/wife beaters or whatever. Says a lot about that group of people and honestly what can I expect from people who by and large echoed a sentiment like cutting people out of their lives that voted Trump over Hillary. tl;dr glad that bunch are keeping to themselves and I dont have to read any of their bullshit except to laugh at them via proxy in this thread.

fizzel

« Reply #3274 on: November 18, 2017, 10:28:49 AM »
Is wolfenstein even a good game? Any of you play it? all i've ever heard about it is some twitter controversy stuff.

From what i've played it's a load of fucking gash.

The only good part is the Kraut lady with the fucked up face, it's a solid performance from her and her mo-capper.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3275 on: November 18, 2017, 10:36:09 AM »
Oh yeah. It was the final thing to break the camel back. A camel that was already dead, with everyone complaining of the stench and was just moving because of its momentum on a sandy downward slope.
ὕβρις

« Reply #3276 on: November 18, 2017, 10:45:36 AM »
holy shit @ anyone actually believing Lena Dunham was fingering and kissing her little sister because she wanted to feel like she was needed as a big sister.

can I have your credit card number, expiry and security code? I just need them to feel like a good person ok?

jorma

« Reply #3277 on: November 18, 2017, 11:11:27 AM »
holy shit @ anyone actually believing Lena Dunham was fingering and kissing her little sister because she wanted to feel like she was needed as a big sister.

can I have your credit card number, expiry and security code? I just need them to feel like a good person ok?

It's just a willingness to believe anything bad said about people they don't like. See also "obama is a secret muslim kenyan".
Both Sides, bitches!

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3278 on: November 18, 2017, 11:33:12 AM »

It's just a willingness to believe anything bad said about people they don't like. See also "obama is a secret muslim kenyan".
Both Sides, bitches!

I think you misread the post

agrajag

« Reply #3279 on: November 18, 2017, 11:42:32 AM »
ResetEra, where problematic posters like Commideu and Dennis are welcome back with open arms!  :rejoice

jorma

« Reply #3280 on: November 18, 2017, 01:12:07 PM »

Both Sides, bitches!

I think you misread the post

I have no idea how else to read it :X

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3281 on: November 18, 2017, 01:16:13 PM »
I'm really really hoping that the cover for the LRG release is reversible with the JPN cover & fully detailed on both sides. I'd probably be swapping between them on a weekly basis just because they both look so good.

:what

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1018587/
ὕβρις

Vertigo

« Reply #3282 on: November 18, 2017, 02:08:20 PM »
Is wolfenstein even a good game? Any of you play it? all i've ever heard about it is some twitter controversy stuff.

Its really, really good. verging on campy but it has really strong writing and characters like the last game. Interestingly I'm more interested in the story than the game, as it's so engaging.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3283 on: November 18, 2017, 02:12:11 PM »
I'm getting mixed signals here, but what I'm getting is if I want a story game play Wolfenstein, if I want gameplay go Doom. Watching Punisher currently will probably play games tomorrow.

zepblackstar

« Reply #3284 on: November 18, 2017, 02:30:09 PM »
I'm getting mixed signals here, but what I'm getting is if I want a story game play Wolfenstein, if I want gameplay go Doom. Watching Punisher currently will probably play games tomorrow.

Yes.

Risible

« Reply #3285 on: November 18, 2017, 02:34:48 PM »

That's exactly what the Giantbomb crew said.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3286 on: November 18, 2017, 03:01:46 PM »
ResetEra, where problematic posters like Commideu and Dennis are welcome back with open arms!  :rejoice

I'm telling you guys, once Amir0x gets released, RejectEra will accept him with arms wide open.
🍆🍆

Sman

« Reply #3287 on: November 18, 2017, 03:48:09 PM »

GAF thread about Lena Dunham (defending a rapist working on her show) was deleted (or has disappeared?) for some reason. Things got heated by the first page.

:idont

etiolate

« Reply #3288 on: November 18, 2017, 04:46:23 PM »
When I think of Lena Dunham, I for some reason always think about Bill Simmons saying he watches her show Girls to better understand his little girl.

I can't help but find that fucked up. If Lena is the model your using to understand your girl then your kid is doomed.

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty
« Reply #3289 on: November 18, 2017, 05:31:49 PM »
I just started to read the old GAF thread. I can't believe that Opiate posted in it. What's the consensus of the Bore on the dude? Is he really a pedophile?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3290 on: November 18, 2017, 05:42:05 PM »
I just started to read the old GAF thread. I can't believe that Opiate posted in it. What's the consensus of the Bore on the dude? Is he really a pedophile?
There's zero evidence that he is, but it's been repeated often enough now it's GAF lore.

Definitely a robot though.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #3291 on: November 18, 2017, 06:11:15 PM »

Without any context, I legit thought this was a burn against me.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3292 on: November 18, 2017, 06:11:57 PM »

I'm not sure you could make a definitive claim even with the content of the Flickr page, which were IIRC unsettling but only damning colored by the accusation. I can believe he was enough of a self styled rationalist to take the "high road" of "defending" pedophiles in his usual verbosity. I could also see why he just walked away, I would assume it is futile if not mentally aggravating to try to defend yourself against a mob like GAF when such an ostracizing allegation is made.

Since he denied being the owner of that Flickr account, It's really down to if you believe him or not.

I'll give him that he registered and said his piece on the Bore instead of having a ridiculous Twitter meltdown like a couple of others for much less heinous stuff than being suspected by some of being an actual IRL pedo.
ὕβρις

« Reply #3293 on: November 18, 2017, 06:16:41 PM »
Interesting article about how Lena Dunham has been written about on and off since she was 11 in an ever escalating pattern, being shoehorned into articles that had nothing to do with her at the height of Girls popularity. Nearly 20 years of it now. It’s honestly disgusting.
http://prospect.org/article/falling-down-rabbit-hole-nyc’s-lena-dunham-obsession

A couple of examples:
"There's no Prada allowed in one downtown household. Laurie Simmons and Carroll Dunham's eleven-year-old daughter, Lena, has a street edge that could leave even Miss Schnabel feeling momentarily inadequate. 'I tried to model this after Helmut Lang,' says Lena, showing off a shift she sewed herself. Her fashion pronouncements are something you'd expect from a woman (at least) three times her age: 'I tend not to go for trends. You can only wear them for two weeks . . . . I really like Jil Sander, but it's so expensive.... I find Calvin Klein really hard to respect because he's everywhere. I view him as a clothesmonger . . . . Manolo is really classy.' Then she returns to preteen reality—'But five dollars a week [i.e., her allowance] isn't really enough. I'm just looking.'"
- March 1998: A Vogue story on precocious tweens in New York featuring Lena Dunham.

April 27, 2003: The New York Times sends a reporter to 16-year-old Lena Dunham's vegan dinner party. The menu included four dips and second helpings of Justin Timberlake shaming. One attendee said, ''I would like to go on record that no one else in this room actually owns the Justin Timberlake CD. At St. Ann's we're too cool for popular culture.''

With that kind of charmed life you can see how she might think she can say any outrageous thing that pops into her head, like doing a 180 about believing harrasment and rape victims when her friend and colleague is in the hot seat. Or think that exploring her toddler sister’s pussy and discovering pebbles inside would be a good anecdote for her memoirs. Memoirs at the ripe old age of not quite 30 no less.

As for why anyone thought she would be a good choice to speak at the DNC, I have no insight.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
Not in any way a terrible speech, but the fact that she was on stage at all is pretty damn galling.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #3294 on: November 18, 2017, 06:24:09 PM »
Have you guys noticed how bad the grammar is on some of these warnings?
每天生气

« Reply #3295 on: November 18, 2017, 06:27:07 PM »
I'm not sure you could make a definitive claim even with the content of the Flickr page, which were IIRC unsettling but only damning colored by the accusation...
Since he denied being the owner of that Flickr account, It's really down to if you believe him or not.
Opiate is not a unique handle by any stretch. I’ve known at least three other people online who have used it. It’s about as thin “evidence” as it could possibly be.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #3296 on: November 18, 2017, 06:29:34 PM »
Have you guys noticed how bad the grammar is on some of these warnings?

Yass.  Makes me think one person is writing most of them.
serge

etiolate

« Reply #3297 on: November 18, 2017, 06:29:53 PM »
I put little effort into my grammar on social media of any type. There's various gears to my writing level and I'm not wasting effort on everyday blather.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3298 on: November 18, 2017, 06:33:41 PM »
Opiate is not a unique handle by any stretch. I’ve known at least three other people online who have used it. It’s about as thin “evidence” as it could possibly be.
The handle in question is bodhesatva, but yeah, it's still thin. Someone vehemently claimed the Flickr account is from his area (no further details), but if you actually look, the only indications point to it being a Russian's account.
As far as I can tell, someone just sifted Google results for anything incriminating tying pedophilia and the bodhesatva handle and ran with it. People believed it because of his 'defending' of pedophiles.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3299 on: November 18, 2017, 06:34:56 PM »
I'm not sure you could make a definitive claim even with the content of the Flickr page, which were IIRC unsettling but only damning colored by the accusation...

The flicker handle, IIRC, was something more unique that could be linked to Opiate. Still not ironclad I guess.
ὕβρις