Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174400 times)

kingv

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #5760 on: December 05, 2017, 04:30:39 PM »
I’m pretty sure Lion Pride is a Voat troll

I believe he posts on that doxxing site The Bore.

Leadbelly

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #5761 on: December 05, 2017, 04:43:08 PM »
Uhhhh lol Africans also do well themselves. Arguably better than most inmigrants. They are among the best educated and many are doing very, very well for themselves. Still doesn't take away from the argument of white supremacy and they'll still be considered "ni.ggers." Times are better to be sure but at the end of the day, if the cops were called on an Asian or that Nigerian immigrant's son they'll likely use deadly force. When applying for a job they'll still be discriminated against. Hence, inferior. Never mind that Asian men are considered effemininate and weak and that it's better for an Asian girl to marry white. That argument is so bad. Lmao What a dumbass, who doesn't understand the basics of the concept he's talking about.

Maldito idiota.
You're right. The whole argument pretty much falls flat on its face by saying that no economic success would be the only symptom of white supremacy. The follow up question would be what exactly Colin believes white surpemacy is.

It is a dumb opinion but it's surprising that this earned him the Voldemort treatment while so many other people who say stupid shit aren't declared unmentionable

Well, it at least shows 'white supremacy' as a theory is inadequate. I think cindi misses the point a little on this. It is not simply that 'Asians' are successful, they outperform whites in terms of academic achievement and job salary. And since people on the Left seem to take statisitics like this as evidence of an advantage, then using that same logic, Asians have advantages over whites in terms of academic achievement and ultimately job prospects. If we are to define 'White Supremacy' as a system of structural racism that privileges white people over all others, well not universally in all aspects of life. And not where it is most important either. Asians have an advantage in one of the places where it really counts.

One thing I find really annoying as well is the way it is dismissed as simply the 'token minority' as if like white people got together and conspired to make Asians the token minority or something. What's more, Asians as a category comprises people of many different countries. When Americans think of Asians, they tend to think of Koreans, Chinese, or Japanese, etc, but it also comprises Indians. And while Koreans, Chinese and Japanese you can say have similar characteristics, Indians are not only culturally different but significantly phenotypically different. There are no similarities. As if simply explaining it away by calling them the 'token minority' has any merit.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5762 on: December 05, 2017, 04:50:43 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ignored-users.9723/

This is amazing. Guy really made a thread about why he can't put BronsonLee on ignore  :lol :lol :lol
it's a fair question. being forced to read bronson posts (or anyone from that wrassle thread) sounds like a truly awful punishment

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5763 on: December 05, 2017, 04:58:18 PM »
Holy shit that is fantastic!

Also the folks in there telling people how to remove the posts with an adblocker :rofl

Himu

« Reply #5764 on: December 05, 2017, 04:59:53 PM »
Uhhhh lol Africans also do well themselves. Arguably better than most inmigrants. They are among the best educated and many are doing very, very well for themselves. Still doesn't take away from the argument of white supremacy and they'll still be considered "ni.ggers." Times are better to be sure but at the end of the day, if the cops were called on an Asian or that Nigerian immigrant's son they'll likely use deadly force. When applying for a job they'll still be discriminated against. Hence, inferior. Never mind that Asian men are considered effemininate and weak and that it's better for an Asian girl to marry white. That argument is so bad. Lmao What a dumbass, who doesn't understand the basics of the concept he's talking about.

Maldito idiota.
You're right. The whole argument pretty much falls flat on its face by saying that no economic success would be the only symptom of white supremacy. The follow up question would be what exactly Colin believes white surpemacy is.

It is a dumb opinion but it's surprising that this earned him the Voldemort treatment while so many other people who say stupid shit aren't declared unmentionable

Well, it at least shows 'white supremacy' as a theory is inadequate. I think cindi misses the point a little on this. It is not simply that 'Asians' are successful, they outperform whites in terms of academic achievement and job salary. And since people on the Left seem to take statisitics like this as evidence of an advantage, then using that same logic, Asians have advantages over whites in terms of academic achievement and ultimately job prospects. If we are to define 'White Supremacy' as a system of structural racism that privileges white people over all others, well not universally in all aspects of life. And not where it is most important either. Asians have an advantage in one of the places where it really counts.

One thing I find really annoying as well is the way it is dismissed as simply the 'token minority' as if like white people got together and conspired to make Asians the token minority or something. What's more, Asians as a category comprises people of many different countries. When Americans think of Asians, they tend to think of Koreans, Chinese, or Japanese, etc, but it also comprises Indians. And while Koreans, Chinese and Japanese you can say have similar characteristics, Indians are not only culturally different but significantly phenotypically different. There are no similarities. As if simply explaining it away by calling them the 'token minority' has any merit.

Indians being Asian (and they are considered Asian) has no relevance whether they're considered "token minority" or not. It's a complete red herring and even takes away from your argument since Indians are also stereotyped as "Muslims" and "terrorists" despite this "out perfomance" you mentioned. You also assume that "token minority" is something white people came up with and not something some asians fully embrace.

Your argument also doesn't really make much since as white supremacy is about power. Asians do not wield real power in the United States. Black people in the south overcome struggles the early 20th century to the point where we had our own Wall Street and culture centers that made money. They were still destroyed. That is white supremacy. People being forced to claw through the cracks, but there's always the white man above to remind you who is really boss. White supremacy is an institutional thing. It has nothing to do with performance.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #5765 on: December 05, 2017, 05:04:53 PM »
And that's why it's white supremacy. White supremacy is being considered the shit despite being nothing but mediocre, having mediocre looks, having mediocre grades. But you're considered the standard. Even when you're being outperformed. Hence supreme.
IYKYK

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #5766 on: December 05, 2017, 05:05:08 PM »
Black people in the south overcome struggles the early 20th century to the point where we had our own Wall Street and culture centers that made money. They were still destroyed.
Woah if true. Deets? Was this like redlining for businesses?
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #5767 on: December 05, 2017, 05:09:35 PM »
The fact that Benedict Cumberbatch is considered handsome is a testament of white supremacy's existence. :neogaf
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #5768 on: December 05, 2017, 05:11:02 PM »
Ethno supremacy has ethnic cleansing. A majority skin color being seen as default to advertisers who need to reach large audiences is not white supremacy.

However, the idea that whites get what they achieve because of skin color and are automatically average otherwise is racism.

FunSlower

« Reply #5769 on: December 05, 2017, 05:13:35 PM »
Black people in the south overcome struggles the early 20th century to the point where we had our own Wall Street and culture centers that made money. They were still destroyed.

Black Wall Street in Tulsa OK got burned to the ground in the early 1910s

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5770 on: December 05, 2017, 05:15:49 PM »
However, the idea that whites get what they achieve because of skin color and are automatically average otherwise is racism.
The real qustion though: is it a straw man?

Himu

« Reply #5771 on: December 05, 2017, 05:31:55 PM »
BTW, I was :wtf ing "token minority" do you mean "model minority"?

Not sure if serious. In a post-Civil War south, there were plenty of black representatives (most if not all southern) until a certain period when the KKK threatened people. Then Jim Crow happened. You weren't allowed to go to the same schools, so this meant less education. And since people weren't slaves anymore, this meant they had to be self reliant. But it's hard to be self reliant if, for example, you don't have doctors and things like that. Because hospitals will also be segregated and you'll get bad care. But high education is what trains people in doctors and lawyers and representation, which you don't have access to.

So we took what was given and made our own colleges and universities to make our own doctors and lawyers and politicians. People like MLK came from that system.

So basically, you had an entire community who fulfilled the American dream with everything against them, made their own education systems to a point where they were in many ways better off than white people of the south through our own self created community.

They didn't like that.

http://www.ebony.com/black-history/the-destruction-of-black-wall-street-405#axzz50QbMZ2J7

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/08/riot-east-st-louis-ferguson-history-race/

The original model minority (tm). :jawalrus
IYKYK

FStop7

« Reply #5772 on: December 05, 2017, 05:33:10 PM »

This is amazing. Guy really made a thread about why he can't put BronsonLee on ignore  :lol :lol :lol
it's a fair question. being forced to read bronson posts (or anyone from that wrassle thread) sounds like a truly awful punishment

It was a good question.  Dimwits like Slayven shouldn't have a bully pulpit to post comic book garbage that everyone has to read just because he's a moderator.

Black Wall Street in Tulsa OK got burned to the ground in the early 1910s

Rosewood was another example

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosewood_massacre

Himu

« Reply #5773 on: December 05, 2017, 05:35:17 PM »
:lol
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5774 on: December 05, 2017, 05:42:03 PM »
stro  :ohhh :whoo :rejoice

shosta

« Reply #5775 on: December 05, 2017, 05:48:56 PM »
I had never, ever heard of this before. Thank you.
每天生气

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #5776 on: December 05, 2017, 06:23:42 PM »

It was a good question.  Dimwits like Slayven shouldn't have a bully pulpit to post comic book garbage that everyone has to read just because he's a moderator.

They should make a special Slayven law that he can only post twice a day, instead of every single thread offering no substance.
sigh

Jansen

« Reply #5777 on: December 05, 2017, 06:34:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1763519/

Piss, I mentioned I prefer anime designs but there are those that i absolutely loathe that fall under those, and it's Dangan Ronpa and Ni no Kuni. I'd rather play a compile heart game*, and while those barely count as games they at least look better than Dangan Ronpa's 'high school but cool' and 'i hope you really like ghibli's weird little mascot characters, the game, the sequel**'.

ghibli hate? shoot this weeb fucker into the sun

Leadbelly

« Reply #5778 on: December 05, 2017, 07:21:55 PM »
Indians being Asian (and they are considered Asian) has no relevance whether they're considered "token minority" or not. It's a complete red herring and even takes away from your argument since Indians are also stereotyped as "Muslims" and "terrorists" despite this "out perfomance" you mentioned. You also assume that "token minority" is something white people came up with and not something some asians fully embrace.

Your argument also doesn't really make much since as white supremacy is about power. Asians do not wield real power in the United States. Black people in the south overcome struggles the early 20th century to the point where we had our own Wall Street and culture centers that made money. They were still destroyed. That is white supremacy. People being forced to claw through the cracks, but there's always the white man above to remind you who is really boss. White supremacy is an institutional thing. It has nothing to do with performance.

In terms of whether I mean Token Minority or Model Minority. I think I am confusing the two terms actually.

And in terms of 'white supremacy' being about power. Power that privileges white people over others.

In academic usage, particularly in usage which draws on the critical race theory, the term "white supremacy" can also refer to a political or socio-economic system where white people enjoy a structural advantage (privilege) over other ethnic groups, both at a collective and an individual level.

Now I don't know exactly how you are defining 'white supremacy'. I find this is increasingly becoming a problem with the way the LEft keeps redefining or broadening the meaning of words(lol).

I am not saying that there is no merit at all to this notion, just that this 'privilege' is not universal across the board as evidenced by Asians being on top when comes to academic acheivement and job prospects. As I said, it at least shows as a theory it is inadequate.

Leadbelly

« Reply #5779 on: December 05, 2017, 07:42:49 PM »
In terms of whether I mean Token Minority or Model Minority. I think I am confusing the two terms actually.

Sounds like you are arguing in bad faith.

MODS

Well, I always seem to weigh in on controversial topics, which according to ResetEra standards, I am always arguing in bad faith.

Himu

« Reply #5780 on: December 05, 2017, 07:49:55 PM »

And in terms of 'white supremacy' being about power. Power that privileges white people over others.

In academic usage, particularly in usage which draws on the critical race theory, the term "white supremacy" can also refer to a political or socio-economic system where white people enjoy a structural advantage (privilege) over other ethnic groups, both at a collective and an individual level.

Now I don't know exactly how you are defining 'white supremacy'. I find this is increasingly becoming a problem with the way the LEft keeps redefining or broadening the meaning of words(lol).

I am not saying that there is no merit at all to this notion, just that this 'privilege' is not universal across the board as evidenced by Asians being on top when comes to academic acheivement and job prospects. As I said, it at least shows as a theory it is inadequate.

Uhhh, almost any black person, when arguing about white supremacy, uses the academic definition. When we talk about white supremacy, we are talking about an institutional idea that posits white people as the ideal model. This should be clear from my posts and, no, "the left" is not redefining words, especially ones like white supremacy. That term has had the same definition for generations.

As for privilege, I believe it exists but don't use it when arguing because I've never really seen anyone on the opposite end who could go admit its existence. It almost always ends up offending someone and then the discussion goes off topic because the person did this or that so they can't have privilege. The argument, while I agree with it, is a waste of time, and one of the largest sticking points in sjw rhetoric. I don't think privilege argument solves anything and just makes people go on the defensive rather than talk about the topic at hand.

And since I'm not an sjw...
IYKYK

Leadbelly

« Reply #5781 on: December 05, 2017, 08:01:42 PM »
I will explain why I brought up Indians actually.

Model Minority was originally attributed to Far Eastern minorities(No?) by white people. I have heard arguments that the reason for their success is because of the perception by white people of this 'Model Minority' ethic. It was a propaganda campaign to use the 'model minority' ethic as an excuse to keep other minorities down. There might be some credence to that, however, Indians are culturally and phenotypically different to East Asians, so I don't think it explains it completely.

etiolate

« Reply #5782 on: December 05, 2017, 08:06:57 PM »
That academic definition is designed to ignore the real dire reality of an ethnic supremacy and redefine white supremacy as the basic outcome of a majority based nation. It is a redefinition with suspect aims.

Jansen

« Reply #5783 on: December 05, 2017, 08:10:03 PM »
Quote from: PeakPointMatrix
Too bad the car didn't run over her leg. Fuck thieves. have probably had $200 worth of packages stolen by now like this.

only the best of gaf on ERA

Leadbelly

« Reply #5784 on: December 05, 2017, 08:15:35 PM »
Uhhh, almost any black person, when arguing about white supremacy, uses the academic definition. When we talk about white supremacy, we are talking about an institutional idea that posits white people as the ideal model. This should be clear from my posts and, no, "the left" is not redefining words, especially ones like white supremacy. That term has had the same definition for generations.

As for privilege, I believe it exists but don't use it when arguing because I've never really seen anyone on the opposite end who could go admit its existence. It almost always ends up offending someone and then the discussion goes off topic because the person did this or that so they can't have privilege. The argument, while I agree with it, is a waste of time, and one of the largest sticking points in Social Studies Warrior rhetoric. I don't think privilege argument solves anything and just makes people go on the defensive rather than talk about the topic at hand.

And since I'm not an Social Studies Warrior...

No it hasn't. White Supremacy which draws from critical race theory, which in turn draws from critical theory, which is an offshoot of postmodernism. This is what I am assuming Colin was talking
about.

This is not quite the same as White Supremacy, as in Jim Crow and segregation, etc. This notion has been around for generations.

And I agree the concept of privilege is not useful. I will also add to that, that the question of 'class' also muddies the waters, so to speak.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #5785 on: December 05, 2017, 08:44:23 PM »
The fact that Benedict Cumberbatch is considered handsome is a testament of white supremacy's existence. :neogaf

You leave Benaductibit Cucumberbotch out of this!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5786 on: December 05, 2017, 09:12:28 PM »
Stro is a mod on ResetEra now?
 :hulk
ど助平

Jansen

« Reply #5787 on: December 05, 2017, 09:32:01 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5788 on: December 05, 2017, 09:46:17 PM »
Kayfabe lives!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5791 on: December 05, 2017, 10:10:54 PM »
Raises hands

« Reply #5792 on: December 05, 2017, 10:17:05 PM »
I basically read rpgcodex, and somethingawful for opinions on games I like. And laugh at how both are probably more popular now than neogaf is.

Resetera will be for a news aggregate, but on the whole I'm too old and remember the good ol days of the internet/gaf to deal with whimpering idiots living under a dwayne johnson nowadays.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5793 on: December 05, 2017, 10:26:05 PM »
Much like what happened on NeoGAF over the past few years, I just don't really care to post much on ResetEra outside of a few community threads for the most part. 

ResetEra is also kind of boring.   I don't miss Thug1's tyranny mod squad, but I dunno...something just feels missing at ResetEra.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 10:31:07 PM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

clothedmacuser

« Reply #5794 on: December 05, 2017, 10:42:51 PM »
Much like what happened on NeoGAF over the past few years, I just don't really care to post much on ResetEra outside of a few community threads for the most part. 

ResetEra is also kind of boring.   I don't miss Thug1's tyranny mod squad, but I dunno...something just feels missing at ResetEra.

People with balls.  Or lady balls. 
sigh

etiolate

« Reply #5795 on: December 05, 2017, 10:45:49 PM »
Reset has all the crazy, but nothing has crept up on the mods for them to hide.

NeoGAF was crazy, insular, and basically fucked in the head, but what made it special was that they would cover up the pedophilia, the ass grabbing or whatever for those in charge,

Reset is just the cult without the cult leader.

Pills Here

« Reply #5796 on: December 05, 2017, 10:56:06 PM »
I still can't get my head aroundaround people thinking it's acceptable to say things like "white pepole have no culture" or "too many white people on tv". Americans, I assume...

clothedmacuser

« Reply #5797 on: December 05, 2017, 10:58:23 PM »
I still can't get my head aroundaround people thinking it's acceptable to say things like "white pepole have no culture" or "too many white people on tv". Americans, I assume...

Writing articles about how whites are the worst is one of the more popular forms of activism performed by white people for other white people.
sigh

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #5798 on: December 05, 2017, 11:12:55 PM »

For some, it’s not enough to see minorities succeed. They have to see white people fail, too.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5799 on: December 05, 2017, 11:34:53 PM »
Migrated to reddit for everything that isnt borebro talk long years ago  :shh :cop

shosta

« Reply #5800 on: December 05, 2017, 11:53:52 PM »
Migrated to reddit for everything that isnt borebro talk long years ago  :shh :cop
Reddit's a better idea than a big catch-all forum like resetera once you get to more than a handful of people. Nobody in individual communities agree on everything. The more you try to force it the more weirdly shapen and bizarre it gets, like GAF's unique cultural authoritarianism. Take etiolate. I like the guy's basketball opinions and in general I think he's a smart, decent, interesting person. But we couldn't be farther apart from each other politically. We can coexist on the Bore, where people get to know each other fairly well and can self police, and we can coexist on a basketball subreddit or something where thousands and thousands of people just talk about basketball. But he'd be either have to completely hide his beliefs to not be banned on Resetera. Evilore actually had the right idea at first when he thought about getting rid of off-topic. Should have just been a pure video game forum again.
每天生气

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #5801 on: December 06, 2017, 01:10:43 AM »

To be fair: That last complaint is true. Minorities have it hard in Hollywood. Count the number of main-stream Blacks and Asians (or other races) that headline a bunch of films.

Whites are a majority (currently, I think it recently switched to them being a minority in the US now?), so it makes sense that they are "star leaders" in films or TV shows. But there really hasn't been a push by the major studios to get some leading women/men of color out there.

I mean take for example: Steven Yeun. While not a "leading man" he was by far a fan favorite character on a major TV show. Once his character died, he's... done like 2-3 films and a bunch of voice-acting roles. Of which, those 2-3 films are barely in the "main stream" pop-culture that I'm talking about when it comes to PoC leading men/women.  If I didn't Google his name: I honestly would not be able to tell you his voice-acting roles or his films he's been in post Walking Dead.

:yeshrug What I'm getting at is (and I had this discussion with a minority that didn't think it was a big deal, so... *shrug*) it's a valid complaint. I'm not going to be all "100% woke activist make the change ya'll" about it, but I do think there should be more PoC leading-actors that are able to be named beyond like Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith (which is borderline there), and trying to think of a Asian actor that's been "mainstream"/word of mouth named since like the 2010+...

shosta

« Reply #5802 on: December 06, 2017, 01:15:34 AM »
Wait, is timu not actually a racist?
每天生气

Bravotyler

« Reply #5803 on: December 06, 2017, 01:53:08 AM »
Generalizations don't have to lead to systemic harm for them to be racist.
I mean, it literally does. Otherwise it's simple prejudice. But certain folks get real upset when anyone points that out.

I'm just quoting this because I'm a big fan of the "it's cool, you're not an -ist, you're just a bigot/prejudiced" argument.

shosta

« Reply #5804 on: December 06, 2017, 01:57:58 AM »
I got a notification that they updated the FAQ, so I tried to find what changed. I didn't notice this before, so maybe it's new, but even if it's not...
Take a break: From time to time it is necessary to step away for a few minutes or hours if a discussion you participate in gets too heated or you feel like you can't contribute anymore. Keep taking care of yourself and don't lose yourself between dozens of posts and threads. It is also helpful to remember that spending too much time on ResetEra alone can create a bubble in your mind about what gaming is and what it isn't. Be aware that there is a world outside of it.
每天生气

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #5805 on: December 06, 2017, 02:06:35 AM »
The OP here is alarmingly dense. Someone should notify his parents that their especially stupid child has slipped the cuff on his toddler leash and is posting embarassing shit on the internet from mommy’s laptop.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/three-billboards-outside-ebbing-missouri-affirms-that-racist-violent-cops-are-actually-good-guys.9780/
serge

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #5806 on: December 06, 2017, 02:09:49 AM »
What's with you guys changing both avatar and username at the same time. It's confusing as fuck.

shosta

« Reply #5807 on: December 06, 2017, 02:10:07 AM »
Quote from: lionpride
Why do I have a feeling you took out every ounce of nuance and I ain't even seen the movie
每天生气

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #5808 on: December 06, 2017, 02:18:04 AM »
I got a notification that they updated the FAQ, so I tried to find what changed. I didn't notice this before, so maybe it's new, but even if it's not...
Take a break: From time to time it is necessary to step away for a few minutes or hours if a discussion you participate in gets too heated or you feel like you can't contribute anymore. Keep taking care of yourself and don't lose yourself between dozens of posts and threads. It is also helpful to remember that spending too much time on ResetEra alone can create a bubble in your mind about what gaming is and what it isn't. Be aware that there is a world outside of it.

This is an amazing update for an FAQ. At least the admins are aware that the loudest portion of their user base really are living in a bubble.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Bore Expert

« Reply #5809 on: December 06, 2017, 02:44:50 AM »

It’s sterile and boring. Every time I look at reset I see a topic title and rarely even click it because I already know what will be going on in the topic. The last couple years of Gaf were completely predictable as to what would be going on in any thread. The same people posting the same shit day in and day out. It’s just that with a new coat of paint.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5810 on: December 06, 2017, 03:04:12 AM »
Does the FAQ update provide any useful links to websites that are ERA-approved for getting outside the ERA bubble? I don't want to see any of the horrible and hateful stuff that's out there on the internet like poll results about Capcom character designs.

Oblivion

« Reply #5811 on: December 06, 2017, 04:52:55 AM »

Yeah, once the gaf exodus began, I haven't really been logging into Resetera that often. I lost interest in both, honestly. Gaf for obvious reasons, and Resetera cause there's just something off about it (probably cause the OT is not as traffic heavy as gaf's OT was).

Nola

« Reply #5812 on: December 06, 2017, 04:53:58 AM »
The OP here is alarmingly dense. Someone should notify his parents that their especially stupid child has slipped the cuff on his toddler leash and is posting embarassing shit on the internet from mommy’s laptop.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/three-billboards-outside-ebbing-missouri-affirms-that-racist-violent-cops-are-actually-good-guys.9780/

When virtue signaling goes wrong.

Oblivion

« Reply #5813 on: December 06, 2017, 04:54:18 AM »
Btw, Chun Li's thighs are so amazing that even benji "liked" Joe's post from a few pages ago. :rejoice

blaze

« Reply #5814 on: December 06, 2017, 05:21:23 AM »

Yeah, once the gaf exodus began, I haven't really been logging into Resetera that often. I lost interest in both, honestly. Gaf for obvious reasons, and Resetera cause there's just something off about it (probably cause the OT is not as traffic heavy as gaf's OT was).
It's just boring. Real no fun allowed kind of place. People are super super literal there, so if you make a joke they take it seriously.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #5815 on: December 06, 2017, 08:05:55 AM »

It’s sterile and boring. Every time I look at reset I see a topic title and rarely even click it because I already know what will be going on in the topic. The last couple years of Gaf were completely predictable as to what would be going on in any thread. The same people posting the same shit day in and day out. It’s just that with a new coat of paint.
It's a little encouraging, because you know that all the time spent posting day in and day out by people like excelsiorlef means they're not actually accomplishing anything in the real world, protesting, running for public office, whatever.

They complain a lot about concern trolls trying to waste their time and force them to argue in circles and explain themselves repeatedly, but they don't need anyone's help for that.
Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #5816 on: December 06, 2017, 08:28:45 AM »
It's barely been a few weeks don't write resetera off already

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #5817 on: December 06, 2017, 09:19:46 AM »
lol. Good satire. A++.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5818 on: December 06, 2017, 09:59:08 AM »

:donot

I thought creating bubbles in your mind was a symptom of decompression sickness?
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5819 on: December 06, 2017, 10:21:25 AM »
OP getting this angry about the movie is humorous
I wish I could muster such rage about anything

The user was warned for this post. Don't diminish a fellow user's opinions in such a condescending and dismissive way.

::)

The user was warned for this post. Don't diminish a moderator's opinions in such a condescending and dismissive way.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1773095/
ὕβρις