Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174530 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6360 on: December 11, 2017, 09:02:45 PM »
if the age gap is more than four years it's fucking gross
每天生气

Bore Expert

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6361 on: December 11, 2017, 09:17:35 PM »

What about 1000 years?

:success

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6362 on: December 11, 2017, 09:25:03 PM »
Once again I find it hilarious that the most sexless people in society (RejectEra members) have the most to say about sex and relationships.
I gotta agree here. Anyone that knows even one iota about adult relationships knows the tables turn hard on the genders with age. That's not some ingrained patriarchal construct, it is the way the chips fall.
que

Leadbelly

« Reply #6363 on: December 11, 2017, 09:25:11 PM »

Why is it though?

I was listening to the sam harris podcast about whether Buddhism is true. It was an interview with Robert White about his new book, Why Buddhism is True: The Science and Philosophy of Meditation and Enlightenment. At a point within the interview they talk about the concept of 'mindfulness' in which Robert White talks about walking in the forest and coming across a weed. It was the same kind of weed he regularly removes outside his home. He suddenly thought, "why have I been trying to kill this weed?". He suddenly had this realisation that 'weed' is just a human imposed category. There are certain plants that people don't want on their flower beds and that is what we call a weed, but it doesn't mean there is some kind of objective rigorous rule that separates weeds from non-weeds, and it does not mean weeds are necessarily ugly.

The point he was really making is how subtly these human imposed categories infiltrate your own perception.

Ask yourself, what makes an age gap of over 4 years wrong exactly?

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 09:37:34 PM by Leadbelly »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6364 on: December 11, 2017, 09:29:15 PM »
So like a 50 year old man dating an 18 year old girl is generally looked down on.

That depends on how playboy you are.  :mynicca

Nola

« Reply #6365 on: December 11, 2017, 09:30:35 PM »

Unless you are really only talking about early to mid-20's and below, thats a bit weird to me TBH. Or at least I don't really see the issue?

My father and step mother met when both were in their 40's but he was older by 7 years. My mother and my step father are 5 years apart. She is the older one of the two.

I wouldn't really say there is anything odd about those pairings?

kingv

« Reply #6366 on: December 11, 2017, 09:31:54 PM »
Thank god that shining white knight is here to defend those delicate little blossoms since they clearly have no thoughts or agency of their own.

I like how he preemptively dismissed that criticism without any real logic other than "well they are part of the same system."

What's killing me (as I indicated in the thread) are all the people basically implying she had no choice but to have sex with the guy;  as if every time a girl stops a sexual encounter it turns into rape or something.  "Let's slow down, not yet" is about as common of a sexual situation as it gets.. while I'm understanding of the story, and how easy it would be for a girl to make the decision to "just go with it", I think it's pretty fucked up that it's discussed like it was some good decision she had no choice in.

Not is a dude? I always thought Not was a chick.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #6367 on: December 11, 2017, 09:33:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1975443/
 :badass
Keep in mind, Not is the same guy who blew a gasket on GAF because Zelda was briefly seen crying in a Breath of the Wild trailer.  :lol It's fucking weird how he takes it upon himself to speak for all women everywhere, being a straight white dude and all. He like is White Knight Prime.

All that said, he'll probably be a mod within 6 months. 
I always thought Not was a chick.
Nope!

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6368 on: December 11, 2017, 09:38:41 PM »

Why is it though?

I was listening to the sam harris podcast about whether Buddhism is true. It was an interview with Robert White about his new book, Why Buddhism is True: The Science and Philosophy of Meditation and Enlightenment. At a point within the interview they talk about the concept of 'mindfulness' in which Robert White talks about walking in the forest and coming across a weed. It was the same kind of weed he regularly removes outside his home. He suddenly thought, "why have I been trying to kill this weed?". He suddenly had this realisation that 'weed' is just a human imposed catergory. There are certain plants that people don't want on their flower beds and that is what we call a weed, but it doesn't mean there is some kind of objective rigorous rule that separates weeds from non-weeds, and it does not mean weeds are necessarily ugly.

The point he was really making is how subtly these human imposed categories infiltrate your own perception.

How you think the bore will react

How the bore will react
que

Leadbelly

« Reply #6369 on: December 11, 2017, 09:44:38 PM »

Why is it though?

I was listening to the sam harris podcast about whether Buddhism is true. It was an interview with Robert White about his new book, Why Buddhism is True: The Science and Philosophy of Meditation and Enlightenment. At a point within the interview they talk about the concept of 'mindfulness' in which Robert White talks about walking in the forest and coming across a weed. It was the same kind of weed he regularly removes outside his home. He suddenly thought, "why have I been trying to kill this weed?". He suddenly had this realisation that 'weed' is just a human imposed catergory. There are certain plants that people don't want on their flower beds and that is what we call a weed, but it doesn't mean there is some kind of objective rigorous rule that separates weeds from non-weeds, and it does not mean weeds are necessarily ugly.

How you think the bore will react
(Image removed from quote.)

How the bore will react

lol

As long as we all agree there is no spoon.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #6370 on: December 11, 2017, 09:47:01 PM »

Some dudes are very immature though. I've known guys that are 28 and they still have the mentality of a 21 year old.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6371 on: December 11, 2017, 09:51:48 PM »

Some dudes are very immature though. I've known guys that are 28 and they still have the mentality of a 21 year old.
In certain aspects guys never mature. It's why guys can easily date a girl 10-15 even 20 years younger.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
serge

Jansen

Himu

« Reply #6374 on: December 11, 2017, 10:24:07 PM »
What race are the people saying that women age poorly talking about?
IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6375 on: December 11, 2017, 10:27:59 PM »
All except Asian.
que

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Himu

« Reply #6377 on: December 11, 2017, 10:49:24 PM »
All except Asian.

Even black women?
IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6378 on: December 11, 2017, 10:52:41 PM »
Black women age FAR better than their latina and white counter parts. But nothing stands up to the Asian immortality.
que

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #6379 on: December 11, 2017, 10:58:13 PM »
You know  whats gross?

Old chicks

The kind of shaming an old man who goes home and jerks off every time a 20 year old makes eye contact with him would post.

Jokes on you. I’m into daddies. Maybe seagulls too.
serge

Leadbelly

« Reply #6380 on: December 11, 2017, 11:02:29 PM »

Some women age well. A large part depends on your genetics, but women tend to look after their skin more also.

Interestingly though men age better than women in general. The reason is because men and women have different skin types. Men have thicker skin and much more collagen in their skin. It is the loss of collagen that makes the skin lose its elasticity. Men however, tend not to look after their skin as much as women so it isn't always readily noticeable.

That said Monica Bellucci is a good example of a woman who aged well. She said once that she felt she was at her most attractive at around 38-39 years of age. She certainly wasn't unattractive at that age, that's for sure.

If you've seen the movie irreversible, she was 38-39 in that movie.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #6381 on: December 11, 2017, 11:03:47 PM »
Y'all ageist

I'm 45

And my wife is 9 years older than me

And I got married when I was 23

spoiler (click to show/hide)
getting old sucks
[close]
rub

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6382 on: December 11, 2017, 11:20:08 PM »
Women are at their peak attractiveness in their 30s to mid/upper 40s for me  :quark

Himu

« Reply #6383 on: December 11, 2017, 11:21:46 PM »
Men may age better but I'd rather be an old woman than an old man. :yeshrug
IYKYK

Leadbelly

« Reply #6384 on: December 11, 2017, 11:28:28 PM »
Women are at their peak attractiveness in their 30s to mid/upper 40s for me  :quark

Well, that is a matter of taste. In terms of Monica Bellucci though, you would be forgiven for thinking she was in her late twenties in the movie irreversible, yet she was nearly 40.

Leadbelly

« Reply #6385 on: December 11, 2017, 11:30:01 PM »
Men may age better but I'd rather be an old woman than an old man. :yeshrug

Women live longer.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6386 on: December 11, 2017, 11:35:18 PM »

Well, that is a matter of taste. In terms of Monica Bellucci though, you would be forgiven for thinking she was in her late twenties in the movie irreversible, yet she was nearly 40.
While women physically look best at around 25 ish, for me the package gets so much more attractive post 30s as people move past the rough stuff and get their shit together emotionally and needs wise. Two gfs ago I dated a 23 year old, I interacted with her 23 year old friends, I wanted to kill myself by jumping into a vat of boiling honey friends.

nudemacusers

« Reply #6387 on: December 11, 2017, 11:59:18 PM »
Will not stand for this denigrating of old chicks  >:(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6388 on: December 12, 2017, 12:37:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/former-facebook-exec-says-social-media-is-ripping-apart-society.10683/

Look at all these Peter ceteras being like "quite right! Social media makes people stupid! Except me. My twitter is immaculate" :snob
que

agrajag

« Reply #6389 on: December 12, 2017, 12:42:43 AM »
Are these fucks not aware that forums are social media as well?

Himu

« Reply #6390 on: December 12, 2017, 01:05:54 AM »
Are these fucks not aware that forums are social media as well?

Mmmmm debatable. Bbs existed years and years before MySpace or Facebook and generally have never been considered social media especially since people argue social media has killed forums. Sure, you COULD define forums as social media. But logistically, forums have never really been considered it.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #6391 on: December 12, 2017, 01:14:28 AM »
All of the problems that people point out about social media are present and distilled into a concentrated form on forums. Confirmation bias, addictive bursts of dopamine from online validation, tribalism you name it.

Himu

« Reply #6392 on: December 12, 2017, 01:20:43 AM »
Maybe in some big boards. But not on smaller boards like TheBoreDotComSlashForum.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #6393 on: December 12, 2017, 01:25:59 AM »
Maybe in some big boards. But not on smaller boards like TheBoreDotComSlashForum.

What do you think the like button does?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6394 on: December 12, 2017, 01:30:34 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/former-facebook-exec-says-social-media-is-ripping-apart-society.10683/

Look at all these Peter ceteras being like "quite right! Social media makes people stupid! Except me. My twitter is immaculate" :snob

Printing press is the WOAT, it enabled Mein Kampf ! :brazilcry
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:34:58 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #6395 on: December 12, 2017, 01:36:41 AM »

What do you think the like button does?

Pampers me and tells me how much I'm wanted bb *twirls hair*
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6397 on: December 12, 2017, 01:46:00 AM »
If it’s bannable to subtly accuse someone of racism then Enzom should be very afraid

:thinking

daemon

« Reply #6398 on: December 12, 2017, 02:50:59 AM »
If it’s bannable to subtly accuse someone of racism then Enzom should be very afraid
 :thinking

The fact he uses Enzo from reboot pisses me off a lot. It's one of my favorite childhood series and I completely despise this putrid vision of the character through the mind of a deranged racist.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6399 on: December 12, 2017, 02:57:38 AM »
they need to reboot reboot, I loved it as a kid too.

daemon

« Reply #6400 on: December 12, 2017, 02:59:49 AM »
they need to reboot reboot, I loved it as a kid too.

would be nice if it was called Reboot2. I loved it from the perspective of an all-3d show when the technology wasn't there at all.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6401 on: December 12, 2017, 03:04:04 AM »
I remember watching this trash after school, the CG was  :heh :stahp

parallax

« Reply #6402 on: December 12, 2017, 03:16:43 AM »

where did this air? i thought tattoo teenage alien fighters looked cheesy, but holy shit.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6403 on: December 12, 2017, 03:19:12 AM »

where did this air? i thought tattoo teenage alien fighters looked cheesy, but holy shit.
South Africa, they played that long intro every time too and the show was like 5 - 10 mins with recycled CG   :sabu

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6404 on: December 12, 2017, 06:45:35 AM »
Corus Entertainment announced yesterday that it was bringing ReBoot back as a live-action/CGI-animated hybrid.
oh.my.god.

why.

daemon

« Reply #6405 on: December 12, 2017, 08:16:34 AM »
Corus Entertainment announced yesterday that it was bringing ReBoot back as a live-action/CGI-animated hybrid.
oh.my.god.

why.

Looks more like a power rangers style thing than reboot tbh

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6406 on: December 12, 2017, 08:21:35 AM »
who the fuck is this for? the people nostalgic for the old shit will laugh this away and power rangers type shit surely isnt popular anymore in current year.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6407 on: December 12, 2017, 08:22:01 AM »
99.9% of those who have seen the movie so far say its one of the best, if not the best, Star Wars film to date. If this plot didn't work you'd see SOMEONE complain. No one has.

Link in the spoiler thread
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2029803/

Hype me once, shame on you; hype me a thousand times, shame on me.

Quote from: ManaByte
It’s the best Star Wars movie. People are looking for reasons to bash it for attention.

::)
ὕβρις

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6408 on: December 12, 2017, 08:28:55 AM »
Quote from: Not, post: 1975443, member: 4290
Most dudes need to stop dating younger.

It's a carry-over from women being married off to property holders to unite patriarchs. That's why the romanticization of dating younger is still tolerated and even endorsed by our society for men alone. Dudes, stop it. It's gross. Date your fucking age. I don't care how happy you think you are. You're grown up. You're just part of a sick fucking ancient cycle that dehumanizes women and caters to you and has for thousands of years. Don't give me the bullshit about how I'M the one being sexist because I'm not allowing a woman to make up her own mind. The woman is in the same society you are. You both are part of a system that pairs you together. And it's fucking gross. Stop it.

:delicious

Dude is off his fucking rocker.
ど助平

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #6409 on: December 12, 2017, 09:07:32 AM »
Black women age FAR better than their latina and white counter parts. But nothing stands up to the Asian immortality.

I can confirm this. My wife is asian. 40 years old, has the body of a 25 year old and the face of someone not more than 30. Although she recently started freaking out over getting crows feet by her eyes.

By contrast, I'm already going gray and I'm younger than her.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6410 on: December 12, 2017, 09:07:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ernest-cline-confirms-ready-player-one-sequel.10665/

Is Ready Player One a shitty book?  Because that's a lot of hate, hot damn.  :lol

EDIT: This is some of the dialogue?

:leon
ど助平

TwEE-N-Toast

« Reply #6411 on: December 12, 2017, 09:24:10 AM »

Guy is the guy who looses his shit over the gender of Nintendo characters. He also married his high school sweet heart and loves giving dating advice.

His poor wife has been with this lunatic since she was a child. He is all she knows and its "like super gross."

agrajag

« Reply #6412 on: December 12, 2017, 09:32:19 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ernest-cline-confirms-ready-player-one-sequel.10665/

Is Ready Player One a shitty book?  Because that's a lot of hate, hot damn.  :lol

Human female

:quark

Leadbelly

« Reply #6413 on: December 12, 2017, 09:46:03 AM »

Some women age well. A large part depends on your genetics, but women tend to look after their skin more also.

Interestingly though men age better than women in general. The reason is because men and women have different skin types. Men have thicker skin and much more collagen in their skin. It is the loss of collagen that makes the skin lose its elasticity. Men however, tend not to look after their skin as much as women so it isn't always readily noticeable.

That said Monica Bellucci is a good example of a woman who aged well. She said once that she felt she was at her most attractive at around 38-39 years of age. She certainly wasn't unattractive at that age, that's for sure.

If you've seen the movie irreversible, she was 38-39 in that movie.

Men generally don't age better than women, but what is attractive about men is different than women, so being older and grosser for a man can be almost entirely counteracted by things that generally only come with age (money, prestige, social standing, wisdom, security). Meanwhile, a woman's attractiveness is almost always based on her physical appearance, which is certainly a finite resource, as is the ability to produce off spring.

The system is rigged  :yeshrug

At least now older, even post menopausal women look better and are given more looks in general

No, men do age better than women. This is not simply an opinion, there is scientific evidence to back it up. Men's skin ages more slowly because of a greater collagen density.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #6414 on: December 12, 2017, 09:51:29 AM »

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #6416 on: December 12, 2017, 10:56:08 AM »

Human female

:quark

Apparently its littered with banal references to make the author sound like he knows what the fuck he's talking about  :lol

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6417 on: December 12, 2017, 11:04:21 AM »
Are you cocks still arguing about Star Wars? That shit is so played out, yo!
~Steven Spielberg, 2018
©@©™

tummyfat

« Reply #6418 on: December 12, 2017, 11:08:40 AM »
Slayven thinks "statistics" and "statics" are the same word  :lol

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #6419 on: December 12, 2017, 11:23:13 AM »