Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2123146 times)

Himu

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6661 on: December 14, 2017, 09:46:20 PM »
And while I'm not to keen on monopolies and consolidation of media conglomerates, Disney is an entertainment company and buying other entertainment companies in its interest within boundaries of the law, is not really the same as the government repealing regulations in favor of corporate interests.

:lol

Both are related because both are about corporate power.

You literally went from:

"while I'm not to keen on monopolies and consolidation of media conglomerates"

to

"government repealing regulations in favor of corporate interests."

In the end, corporations win and control a little more. Same shit, different ball game. But yeah, go on about how excited you are about fruity super heroes as a "silver lining." And this is why I fucking hate nerds.

You're frustrating. My post made it clear that I am more concerned about corruption in the government than corporations trying to do what their basic purpose is (expand, grow, make the shareholders a lot of money).

Corruptions in the government?

Are you daft? That "corruption in the government" is done so that corporations can profit. Which falls squarely into "what their basic purpose is". Corporations buying the FCC out via lobbying so they upcharge users and kills net neutrality isn't that much different than buying every corporation imaginable and gaining unified power.

This is about corporate power. Equating Disney buying Fox to "this is what businesses are supposed to do" is batshit distinguished mentally-challenged and the fact you cannot connect these and think they're entirely separate issues is mind numbing.

No, you're just foaming at the mouth too much to comprehend what I'm saying. But go ahead, continue your reeeing.

Enjoy your nerd faggotry i guess.
IYKYK

agrajag

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6662 on: December 14, 2017, 09:47:54 PM »

You're precious.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #6663 on: December 14, 2017, 09:53:49 PM »

Enjoy your nerd faggotry i guess.

:drudge  HOMOPHOBE  :drudge

Not very blush-crushy, Cindi.
serge

etiolate

« Reply #6664 on: December 14, 2017, 10:22:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/move-over-cuck-it-is-time-for-soyboy.10937/page-9#post-2145562
 :salute

aint nothing courageous about shit.
how come the best the left can do is friggin "cumtown" for god sakes?
thats counter culture really?
no wonder yall fell off becoming marvels willing corporate slaves

NOVID WITH THE FIYAH  :preach

TVC15

« Reply #6665 on: December 14, 2017, 10:25:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/move-over-cuck-it-is-time-for-soyboy.10937/page-9#post-2145562
 :salute

aint nothing courageous about shit.
how come the best the left can do is friggin "cumtown" for god sakes?
thats counter culture really?
no wonder yall fell off becoming marvels willing corporate slaves

NOVID WITH THE FIYAH  :preach

This whole post modern altright bullshit is just that bullshit and doesnt really matter in the swing of history.
we all gonna die.
period.
serge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6666 on: December 14, 2017, 10:27:39 PM »
Stop arguing you dipsticks, or take it to the US politics thread, that way I wont ever see it :goldberg

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6667 on: December 14, 2017, 10:34:01 PM »
Nothing better reading people call Sam Harris a racist and then quote him out of context.

You people need to stop sucking Glen Greenwalds balls for a second. Stop reading twitter quotes like they're legit views on complex matters. No wonder some of you enjoy reseterra.

Sometimes resettera distinguished mentally-challenged fellow mentality bleeds over.   :snoop
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 10:43:39 PM by Assimilate »

El Babua

« Reply #6668 on: December 14, 2017, 10:35:26 PM »
Novid, go on cumtown

TVC15

« Reply #6669 on: December 14, 2017, 10:41:40 PM »
No, novid, come back to us, your family.
serge

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6670 on: December 14, 2017, 10:42:06 PM »
Sam is dumb. If the TSA makes it their policy not to search sweet little blonde white children, the terrorists are just going to start taping their bombs to sweet little blonde white children.
You're not serious, are you?

The best airport security practices in place in other countries profile the fuck out of people.

FStop7

« Reply #6671 on: December 14, 2017, 10:43:59 PM »
Novid / Creepy Stalker 2020

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6672 on: December 14, 2017, 10:58:50 PM »
Creepy Stalker/Creepy Stalker 2020
que

Himu

« Reply #6673 on: December 14, 2017, 11:00:08 PM »

Perfect. I'll probably have killed myself by then. I'm all for it.
IYKYK

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6674 on: December 14, 2017, 11:05:03 PM »
novid launching a psy-op on resetera makes me feel bad for the mods, and also for whoever novid's Russian handler is
This whole post modern altright bullshit is just that bullshit and doesnt really matter in the swing of history.
we all gonna die.
period.
lol
每天生气

Clockwork5

« Reply #6675 on: December 14, 2017, 11:34:55 PM »
Something about millennials bitching about how they have ruined their life brings me joy.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2150766/
Despite being $500k in debt from student loans since 2015, I made my first loan payment this month because I applied for the income based repayment program. I’m not exactly sure what the long term consequences are for doing this since I’ve never found a good explanation of it. But this was my only option because otherwise they wanted me to pay $4200 a month for 10 years

I mean, WTF were you thinking spending half a million on college?  $4200/month?

:huh :crowdlaff :girlaff :point :heyman :sabu

kingv

« Reply #6676 on: December 15, 2017, 12:47:07 AM »
Overspending on college is sort of smart.

Income based repayment forgives the rest if you stay current for 20 years. Devos almost fucked with the formula, but the outrage was too high, so it is still in place.

kingv

« Reply #6677 on: December 15, 2017, 12:58:25 AM »
I took a look at the metrics for some benchmarking tools I have through work on neogaf and it looks like traffic is down like 30% in the last month. When I’m off mobile I’ll do some longer timelines just to see.

Sadly resetera is not available in the tool yet, so I can’t compare.

Neogaf still has a couple hundred thousand unique users per week, I’m sure that has some value.

Posting is down by closer to 95%.. not sure how you'd have any metrics for NeoGAF.  Who do you work for?  Or at least what kind of company?

I know they get a lot of traffic from their strong SEO not necesserily from posters, but that still seems like it should be down more than 30%.

If you are just talking about Alexa data;  that makes sense.

I work in marketing research, so it's just some web-based panel tools we use for various shit that can tell you stuff about page views and what else those people do on the web.

I just plugged in neogaf on a whim. It looks like their overall views are down by a bit over half, roughly since the summer (outside of E3) but unique visitors is more lik 60-70% of what it was in an average week. # of page views per visitor is like 30% of what it was. Page rank in video gaming went from top 20 sites to 100 or so.

That sort of makes sense, I think, since I still do probably go to gaf once a week or so, I just don't really fuck around on it for very long. I assume there are plenty of others doing the same. I'm curious what resetera looks like, but it seems nobody has ever requested to track their webpage with our vendor, so it's not built out.

kingv

« Reply #6678 on: December 15, 2017, 12:59:21 AM »
500k though.

What in the fuck.

no idea how you get there unless you are a doctor or something.

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #6679 on: December 15, 2017, 01:58:15 AM »
This page is terrible.  Where’s Benji?
hey

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #6680 on: December 15, 2017, 02:03:43 AM »
Soyboy is over a month old. Ancient in memetime. Fucking notGAF.
reckt

etiolate

« Reply #6681 on: December 15, 2017, 02:10:38 AM »
"ResetERA member is the new soyboy."

Apparently the alt-right came up with an even weirder term for those they dislike. To mark the true lack of masculinity of men they do not approve of they've started calling decent, social progressive people ResetERA members. According to prominent alt-right and gamergate leader agrajeg it means, "A fella who is a cuck, but also a fella who gets confused by yellow lights. Like they're not red or green, so what does it mean?"

Nazi Pewdiepie trolls have taken to all popular right leaning parts of the web, such as twitter, facebook and livejournal recollective anthologies. All say the same thing, Reset is the new Soyboy, and Soyboy was the old Eunich.

The Clinton Foundation could not be reached for comment, but represantive Glenn Jack Shinobi assured that,".. we will Daou all we can!" in the fight for reddit upvotes.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6682 on: December 15, 2017, 02:24:58 AM »
Something about millennials bitching about how they have ruined their life brings me joy.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2150766/
Despite being $500k in debt from student loans since 2015, I made my first loan payment this month because I applied for the income based repayment program. I’m not exactly sure what the long term consequences are for doing this since I’ve never found a good explanation of it. But this was my only option because otherwise they wanted me to pay $4200 a month for 10 years

I mean, WTF were you thinking spending half a million on college?  $4200/month?

:huh :crowdlaff :girlaff :point :heyman :sabu
Gender Studies degrees don't pay for themselves.
que

Bore Expert

« Reply #6683 on: December 15, 2017, 03:27:04 AM »
This page is terrible.  Where’s Benji?

Probably busy doxxing everyone.

Unbounded

« Reply #6684 on: December 15, 2017, 03:31:18 AM »
I'm just sitting here trying to figure out how you manage to rack up 500K in student loan debt.

At that point they have to be actively trying to beat some sort of record, right?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6685 on: December 15, 2017, 07:46:52 AM »
I find it hard to believe that GAF gets thousands of unique hits a month. At times it seems like it's actually slower than the Bore, the ultimate underachiever forum

Well GAF gets hits from loads of people just searching Google for crap; the majority of a web site like that's traffic is not from "posters."  However less posts will eventually hurt their SEO, and have less stuff for people to find.

Their alexa ranking has absolutely plumetted:

https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/neogaf.com
Wait, why were they doing worse than this back in Feb/March of this year?
Uncle

daemon

« Reply #6686 on: December 15, 2017, 07:56:02 AM »

Perfect. I'll probably have killed myself by then. I'm all for it.

DOn't go all ketkat on us cindy.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #6687 on: December 15, 2017, 08:51:36 AM »
Soyboy is over a month old. Ancient in memetime. Fucking notGAF.

>t. soyboy  :doge

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #6688 on: December 15, 2017, 09:35:47 AM »
Gaf has now stolen the 'warning' system from Resetera.
 :lol :lol :lol
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=253104108&postcount=473

SHIFT: WARNING - How one small addition saved NeoGAF.com and with it, the gaming industry as a whole, while changing everything we thought we knew about online communication.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6689 on: December 15, 2017, 10:17:27 AM »
I'm just sitting here trying to figure out how you manage to rack up 500K in student loan debt.

At that point they have to be actively trying to beat some sort of record, right?
I know some doctors that have come close-ish to 500k (if you consider 350k closeish). But, they're doctors, highly specialized too, so I don't think they'll have an issue paying it back
que

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #6690 on: December 15, 2017, 11:27:31 AM »
US universities, lulz.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #6691 on: December 15, 2017, 11:36:23 AM »
EviLore can't even fix the broken avatars.  :lol

NeoGAF is fucked beyond repair.

Tyler will have a hard time getting a real job if any reputable employer googles his name.
Fish<

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6692 on: December 15, 2017, 11:57:22 AM »
dp
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 12:03:35 PM by HaughtyFrank »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6693 on: December 15, 2017, 12:03:09 PM »
Some IS news site on Tor i browse from time to time started asking for bitcoin donations awhile ago because they are encrypted and are easy to use when buying domains/hosting bandwidth.
:ufup :drudge

Also lots of "lets be nicer to the lady who funded terrorism" talk in there.

benjipwns

« Reply #6694 on: December 15, 2017, 12:08:23 PM »
Aiding the enemy in a time of war is the literal definition of treason.
:doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6695 on: December 15, 2017, 12:32:48 PM »
Gaf has now stolen the 'warning' system from Resetera.
 :lol :lol :lol
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=253104108&postcount=473

Hey, I did that first on this board!  Time to sue!  Where's my lawyer, Benji!?
ど助平

tummyfat

« Reply #6696 on: December 15, 2017, 01:05:29 PM »
You can chart the mental illness in real time now:

benjipwns

« Reply #6697 on: December 15, 2017, 01:09:06 PM »
excelsiorlef :rejoice

Jansen

« Reply #6698 on: December 15, 2017, 01:39:14 PM »
200 posts in one day

Just kill yourself or at least stop lying about having a job VR guy

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6699 on: December 15, 2017, 01:48:03 PM »
Aiding the enemy in a time of war is the literal definition of treason.
:doge

The use of "literally" as emphasis is the icing on the cake :lol
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6700 on: December 15, 2017, 01:48:13 PM »
Really not surprised at excelsiorlef there.

I don't remember any specific Lotus post.  Wonder if it's just a hyperactive gaming side person.
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #6701 on: December 15, 2017, 01:48:17 PM »
Does "this month's top posters" mean only December or the last 30 days?

In the latter case that means Lotus makes 95 posts a day, excelsiorlef makes 82 posts a day, LionPride puts up 70. :whew

Jansen

« Reply #6702 on: December 15, 2017, 01:53:47 PM »
excelsiorlef has like 3000 posts already

holy shit it's actually 4030 posts :doge

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #6703 on: December 15, 2017, 01:57:10 PM »
Shit guys where do I put my bowl at Noodles and Co when I’m done

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #6704 on: December 15, 2017, 02:02:28 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2164960/

Jansen

« Reply #6705 on: December 15, 2017, 02:02:39 PM »

U smash it and shove a shard into ur jugular bitch

EightBitNate

« Reply #6706 on: December 15, 2017, 02:05:25 PM »

U smash it and shove a shard into ur jugular bitch

Instructions unclear

Got dick caught in noodles

Leadbelly

« Reply #6707 on: December 15, 2017, 02:24:59 PM »
Who the fuck is Lotus? He/She is like the all time greatest.

Seems to be slacking currently though. Only made 4th spot this week and didn't even make the top 5 in today's posts. Being the undefeated heavy weight champ has gone to his/her head a bit I think, he/she has gotten complacent.

Jansen

« Reply #6708 on: December 15, 2017, 02:28:55 PM »
LotusHD on gaf. Mostly gaming and anime stuff iirc

machine

« Reply #6709 on: December 15, 2017, 02:29:47 PM »

Is Noodles and Co some new talk show on Adult Swim?

Leadbelly

« Reply #6710 on: December 15, 2017, 02:31:32 PM »
LotusHD on gaf. Mostly gaming and anime stuff iirc

Oh. excelsiorlef is mostly off-topic, right?

Jansen

« Reply #6711 on: December 15, 2017, 02:32:43 PM »
Yes

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6712 on: December 15, 2017, 03:11:32 PM »
With excelsiorlef every topic is the same topic
Uncle

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #6713 on: December 15, 2017, 03:12:57 PM »
If we say it takes at least 2 minutes to write out the average post, that would mean Excelsiorlef has spent 4 ½ hours today JUST writing their posts. Not including the time it takes to read through those threads and find something worthwhile to reply to.

EightBitNate

« Reply #6714 on: December 15, 2017, 03:35:34 PM »
Those are the people you unfollow on twitter because they have to make their thoughts heard on everything.

Clockwork5

« Reply #6715 on: December 15, 2017, 04:16:32 PM »
If we say it takes at least 2 minutes to write out the average post, that would mean Excelsiorlef has spent 4 ½ hours today JUST writing their posts. Not including the time it takes to read through those threads and find something worthwhile to reply to.

"Something worthwhile to reply to."

:iface

Jansen

kingv

« Reply #6717 on: December 15, 2017, 05:20:13 PM »
If you’re going to make Morrigan a mod, why not excelsiorlef? She is no more insane.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #6718 on: December 15, 2017, 05:21:23 PM »
200 posts in one day

Just kill yourself or at least stop lying about having a job VR guy

I know right. People should be smarter about it, like benji, and wrap 40 posts into just one!

Pwnz

« Reply #6719 on: December 15, 2017, 05:38:57 PM »
EviLore can't even fix the broken avatars.  :lol

NeoGAF is fucked beyond repair.

Tyler will have a hard time getting a real job if any reputable employer googles his name.

If he doesn't have savings, his best bet is living in rural areas and commuting to work at a Whole Foods. Whole Foods hiring specializes in hiring privileged white people without any specific job skills and overpays them as cashiers.  Aldi pays good too but Germans expect hard work.