Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174255 times)

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #16620 on: February 16, 2018, 03:04:00 PM »
Great thread from Gaming side: Should they remove the School from PUGB? It's in pretty bad taste..

I love PUBG,

But I must say I never liked the fact that there is a fully modeled american style high school in the game, complete with a gym, a common speech hall, classrooms, a basketball field and so on. The game is set in a way that you will always find some of the best weapons, ammo , items and armors, next to the military base. I'm not sure if its some weird meta social commentary that the creators wanted to make, almost..

With all those american school shootings, it just .. kinda feels wrong. You walk around, picking up abandoned backpacks, M16A assault rifles, and track down the other survivors who are hiding in the classrooms and you gun them down. Every game, that zone always has the highest body count.

It also does not help that the game has specific items that allows players to wear school uniforms, for males and females

I was playing with a friend yesterday and within moments of landing, we both commented that it just felt.. Wrong. It's pretty ironic to complain about this in a violent battle royale game, but eh.

BlueHole should replace the School with a factory or something really neutral. It could be easily avoided with a quick editing job.

What do you think?

Thread also has this gem
Should you report an OP for drive by posting in his own thread?

The OP hasn't responded after 7 pages.
Drive by OP should 110% be a thing.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/should-they-remove-the-school-from-pugb-its-in-pretty-bad-taste.23767

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #16621 on: February 16, 2018, 03:07:15 PM »

Since this is a thread of hot takes: Villeneuve fanboys are the new Nolan fanboys. Annoying cock worship for a guy who's pretty good but not worth all the hype.

I already didn't like you, now i fucking despise you.

etiolate

« Reply #16622 on: February 16, 2018, 03:07:45 PM »
Why did they have to lock the thread? Is that like nap time for all the children before you take the bad boy out of the room?

tuna_love

« Reply #16623 on: February 16, 2018, 03:08:21 PM »
the school is my favourite place to shoot up

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #16624 on: February 16, 2018, 03:11:36 PM »
Why did they have to lock the thread? Is that like nap time for all the children before you take the bad boy out of the room?

Maybe when a thread is locked, users can’t report posts further.
serge

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #16625 on: February 16, 2018, 03:12:37 PM »

It's like drama at the theater. Like remember how in Phantom Of The Opera, the theater would suddenly go dark and the phantom would be someplace in the audience and someone would scream, then the lights go off again and he's on stage kidnapping the girl?

Or something? I dunno. I haven't seen it since I was 12 years old. THAT ISN'T THE POINT.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #16626 on: February 16, 2018, 03:12:55 PM »
By the way where's the outrage for BP not having a cast of african actors :thinking

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #16627 on: February 16, 2018, 03:14:55 PM »

It's like drama at the theater. Like remember how in Phantom Of The Opera, the theater would suddenly go dark and the phantom would be someplace in the audience and someone would scream, then the lights go off again and he's on stage kidnapping the girl?

Or something? I dunno. I haven't seen it since I was 12 years old. THAT ISN'T THE POINT.
More like NKVD shooting the deserters who try and run back to reality after being called out by a loyal party member.

The mods come in, pull the trigger, hose down the blood from the floor and life goes on.
🤴

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 03:23:20 PM by HaughtyFrank »

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #16629 on: February 16, 2018, 03:21:31 PM »
By the way where's the outrage for BP not having a cast of african actors :thinking

Someone should make a thread.

I'd love to know how RE would react before Slayven storms in with a flamethrower

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16630 on: February 16, 2018, 03:21:40 PM »

Wanna do some duos?

etiolate

« Reply #16631 on: February 16, 2018, 03:23:15 PM »
In 3 months, Black Panther will be forgotten and they'll all be on to the next Disney product as culture war totem enterprise.

Raist

« Reply #16632 on: February 16, 2018, 03:27:42 PM »

Someone should make a thread.

I'd love to know how RE would react before Slayven storms in with a flamethrower

I mean think about it.

A movie about an african country. Directed by an american. Shot in the US & South Korea. With a bunch of american actors (and the odd mexican, german and whatnot). Who were coached for their accent by a white american professor. With an OST comprising an original theme composed by a swedish guy, and otherwise being a collection of american hip hop.

So I need to ask, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS AMERICAN-WASHING OF A STORY ABOUT AN AFRICAN KINGDOM AND ITS GLORIOUS SUPERHERO LEADER.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #16633 on: February 16, 2018, 03:35:40 PM »

So I need to ask, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS AMERICAN-WASHING OF A STORY ABOUT AN AFRICAN KINGDOM AND ITS GLORIOUS SUPERHERO LEADER.

Too bad that Lime can't make threads anymore. Sounds right up their alley
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 03:46:55 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Raist

« Reply #16635 on: February 16, 2018, 03:41:18 PM »
I heard some really positive stories about people dressing up in African garb to go see the movie down here in L.A at the El Capitan theater in Hollywood at least!

My mom and I dressed up. She wore a tribal print dress and I wore a kente cloth scarf.

:drudge CULTURAL APPROPRIATION :drudge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16636 on: February 16, 2018, 03:51:30 PM »
In 3 months, Black Panther will be forgotten and they'll all be on to the next Disney product as culture war totem enterprise.

If Wonder Woman proved anything it's that the hype over a film being a diversity landmark does not last long at all. Black Panther will fade from public interest in much less than 3 months.

But that doesn't mean that i'm not happy for the people who enjoy the film and enjoy being represented.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16638 on: February 16, 2018, 04:02:59 PM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/456485/blank-panther-overhyped-race-fantasy

Armond White didn't like it

He’s a recent addition to the Marvel Avengers series and the new king of Wakanda, a fictitious African nation devised by two of Marvel’s pseudo–social scientists, writer Stan Lee and illustrator Jack Kirby

Honestly amazing. For those who don't know, you might read that and think Armond White is a conservative, but the truth is he'll just say *anything* (and I mean anything) to piss people off.

From his wiki:

Among otherwise almost universally-acclaimed movies that he has reviewed negatively are The Dark Knight, There Will Be Blood, Up, Toy Story 3, and Get Out (for which his review became the first to break the film's "100% positive" score on Rotten Tomatoes). Meanwhile, generally disliked films that he has supported include G. I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, Jonah Hex, Grown Ups, and I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, the latter of which he indicated as being a better gay-themed film than Brokeback Mountain.

Armond White plays being a troll soooo close to the vest. He doesn't go over the top so you know he's faking, he stays consistent so you don't catch him in a lie, and he doesn't go for laughs.

It's almost like Tony Cliffton-esque performance art.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #16639 on: February 16, 2018, 04:13:54 PM »

What movie is next, I wonder. Incredibles 2 seems like a contender.

Tasty

« Reply #16640 on: February 16, 2018, 04:19:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/trolls-are-posting-fake-claims-of-being-assaulted-at-showings-of-black-panther.23815/page-2#post-4621265

All you have to do is look at social media to see how important this film is.

Yeah and Snakes on a Plane was a records-busting, once-in-a-generation masterpiece. :dunno

Then again that movie probably came out the year 70% of RE's userbase was born, not surprised they probably think the internet and social media have inflated cultural power.

etiolate

« Reply #16641 on: February 16, 2018, 04:20:24 PM »
Incredibles 2 seems focused on the dad, so maybe not. I doubt it's Solo, unless someone constructs a fake story of alt-righters complaining about too much Lando.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #16642 on: February 16, 2018, 04:22:02 PM »
Those sneaky Russians how where they able to pull of this massive disinformation campaign in a modern and stable democracy?

All you have to do is look at social media to see how important this film is.

oh
🤴

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #16643 on: February 16, 2018, 04:25:14 PM »
Armond White plays being a troll soooo close to the vest. He doesn't go over the top so you know he's faking, he stays consistent so you don't catch him in a lie, and he doesn't go for laughs.

It's almost like Tony Cliffton-esque performance art.

The petition to have him removed from rotten tomatoes sure is going strong

https://www.change.org/p/rotten-tomatoes-remove-armand-white-from-rotten-tomatoes

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16644 on: February 16, 2018, 04:29:11 PM »
Silly EightBitNate.

It goes like so:
Gender representation (Wonder Woman), racial representation (Black Panther), more gender representation (Captain Marvel), lgbt representation (Batwoman? Though they could easily rewrite Captain Marvel as a gay character to kill to birds with one stone), and then finally, in the year 2034, a trans superhero film.

The petition to have him removed from rotten tomatoes sure is going strong

https://www.change.org/p/rotten-tomatoes-remove-armand-white-from-rotten-tomatoes

Lol.

When you care more about a film having a 100% rating then you do about setting dangerous precedents for free speech. When rottentomatoes stops listening to some critics, the ratings mean nothing and the film studios win.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 04:33:24 PM by Transhuman »

etiolate

« Reply #16645 on: February 16, 2018, 04:33:46 PM »
I'm not just saying Captain Marvel is a G R E A T superhero film and the heroine we needed. I'm saying Disney Marvel's Captain Marvel is so much more than that.

I am feeling like a pod on the score, W H I C H   I S   

_sublime_

paprikastaude

« Reply #16646 on: February 16, 2018, 04:40:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/video-games-not-guns-to-blame-for-school-shooting-says-kentucky-gov.23672/

haha, yeah how out of touch is that man? Didn't he get the memo that the only power that games really have is to turn people into racist wifebeaters and get Trump elected?

etiolate

« Reply #16647 on: February 16, 2018, 04:42:54 PM »
wow a white man stealing jobs from Anita

shameful

also Hansel can steal this post

Jansen

« Reply #16648 on: February 16, 2018, 04:47:07 PM »

:trigger

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16649 on: February 16, 2018, 04:51:21 PM »
That emoji would look beautiful photoshopped onto black panther.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #16650 on: February 16, 2018, 04:54:01 PM »
Metal Gear Zombie is so going to bomb. It can't find anybody in this "beta" matchmaking. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

(I'm only "playing" it because it's free)

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #16651 on: February 16, 2018, 05:15:00 PM »
Yeah what the fuck? The Ui is distinguished mentally-challenged and i quit after waiting for a match for like 3 minutes

thisismyusername

« Reply #16652 on: February 16, 2018, 05:25:35 PM »
Yeah what the fuck? The Ui is distinguished mentally-challenged and i quit after waiting for a match for like 3 minutes

I dunno if it's any better (player base) on consoles, but PC is dead. :dead

You're not missing much, the game is fucktarded. "GRAB ALL THESE MATERIALS AND CRAFT THEM AND THEN DEFEND WAVES WHILE WE POINT OUT SIDE MISSIONS AFTER THE WAVES FOR MORE MATERIALS!"

Meanwhile: "CRAFT YOUR MEDICAL ITEMS WITH THESE ITEMS! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T FIND THESE MATERIALS!? LOL SUHFIFE!"

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #16653 on: February 16, 2018, 05:46:14 PM »
Black Panther was fantastic. Probably the only Marvel movie I want to see more than once.

Cacs :umad

El Babua

« Reply #16654 on: February 16, 2018, 05:50:28 PM »
Konami jumped too late on the zombie survival train.

Not to late to turn it into a Battlegrounds game.

PUBG combined with MGS5 mechanics would be :lawd

thisismyusername

« Reply #16655 on: February 16, 2018, 05:51:54 PM »
The biggest crime out of all this is that the Fox Engine is locked in Konami's dungeon. If they actually licensed it like Kojima was originally planning to do, I could see some games using it and having decent PC ports because of it.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #16656 on: February 16, 2018, 05:57:13 PM »
Konami is dead to me  :yuck

daemon

« Reply #16657 on: February 16, 2018, 06:09:14 PM »
Great thread from Gaming side: Should they remove the School from PUGB? It's in pretty bad taste..

I love PUBG,

But I must say I never liked the fact that there is a fully modeled american style high school in the game, complete with a gym, a common speech hall, classrooms, a basketball field and so on. The game is set in a way that you will always find some of the best weapons, ammo , items and armors, next to the military base. I'm not sure if its some weird meta social commentary that the creators wanted to make, almost..

With all those american school shootings, it just .. kinda feels wrong. You walk around, picking up abandoned backpacks, M16A assault rifles, and track down the other survivors who are hiding in the classrooms and you gun them down. Every game, that zone always has the highest body count.

It also does not help that the game has specific items that allows players to wear school uniforms, for males and females

I was playing with a friend yesterday and within moments of landing, we both commented that it just felt.. Wrong. It's pretty ironic to complain about this in a violent battle royale game, but eh.

BlueHole should replace the School with a factory or something really neutral. It could be easily avoided with a quick editing job.

What do you think?

Thread also has this gem
Should you report an OP for drive by posting in his own thread?

The OP hasn't responded after 7 pages.
Drive by OP should 110% be a thing.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/should-they-remove-the-school-from-pugb-its-in-pretty-bad-taste.23767

reads like homework made on the brief time before school starts because you couldn't be arsed to do it the previous day

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #16658 on: February 16, 2018, 06:13:06 PM »
I can't wait for a game to exist that's so good it forces me to buy a VR headset.

The way Halo was so good you had to buy the original xbox.

Jansen

« Reply #16659 on: February 16, 2018, 06:29:25 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #16660 on: February 16, 2018, 06:35:45 PM »
I can't wait for a game to exist that's so good it forces me to buy a VR headset.

The way Halo was so good you had to buy the original xbox.

Quake 3 or Unreal Torunament had been out for a while. Battlefield 1942 was released a couple of months later. So yeah, if you couldn't afford a PC back then... :snob

Jansen

« Reply #16661 on: February 16, 2018, 06:40:08 PM »
all those games suck compared to halo ce

pistols only hang em high :bolo

thisismyusername

« Reply #16662 on: February 16, 2018, 06:41:22 PM »
I see you trollin', I'm trigger'd.

BisMarckie

« Reply #16663 on: February 16, 2018, 06:42:47 PM »
all those games suck compared to halo ce

Halo CE was like Goldeneye. It was good...for a console shooter.

I bought an Xbox pretty close to launch actually. A soft modded Xbox might still be my favorite console of all time.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #16664 on: February 16, 2018, 06:54:24 PM »

I dunno if it's any better (player base) on consoles, but PC is dead. :dead

You're not missing much, the game is fucktarded. "GRAB ALL THESE MATERIALS AND CRAFT THEM AND THEN DEFEND WAVES WHILE WE POINT OUT SIDE MISSIONS AFTER THE WAVES FOR MORE MATERIALS!"

Meanwhile: "CRAFT YOUR MEDICAL ITEMS WITH THESE ITEMS! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T FIND THESE MATERIALS!? LOL SUHFIFE!"
It's actually pretty fun with a dedicated group. Haven't fucked with matchmaking so I can't comment.

Jansen

« Reply #16665 on: February 16, 2018, 07:09:47 PM »
survive will be dead within a month just like dead by daylight and friday the 13th on consoles. definitely a game that would benefit from cross platform play.

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #16666 on: February 16, 2018, 07:14:31 PM »
I love how KC:D doing great numbers is triggering SJWs.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4577122/

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4577947/

:rejoice

etiolate

« Reply #16667 on: February 16, 2018, 07:23:55 PM »
Vavra should send a thank you to Reset for promoting the game via their rampant lunacy.

thisismyusername

« Reply #16668 on: February 16, 2018, 07:46:58 PM »
survive will be dead within a month just like dead by daylight and friday the 13th on consoles. definitely a game that would benefit from cross platform play.

Actually putting some time into it, it's not bad, but 1) I'm not buying a post-Kojima/Iga Konami game ever again. 2) the hoard mode (that is the only mode that the beta has) is pretty short and easy to S-rank if everyone knows what they're doing.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #16669 on: February 16, 2018, 07:57:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-already-sold-over-500-000-copies-300-000-on-steam-alone-mod-edit-read-op.23476/page-9#post-4607267'
In what world is this down playing racism.
"Yeah, I know some of these fucktards, still in real life you will find people you disagree with"

"Real life does not exist you defend RACISTS!!"

How can you take that from that particular post

FUCKING HOW
🤴

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #16670 on: February 16, 2018, 08:00:59 PM »
Actually putting some time into it, it's not bad, but 1) I'm not buying a post-Kojima/Iga Konami game ever again. 2) the hoard mode (that is the only mode that the beta has) is pretty short and easy to S-rank if everyone knows what they're doing.

You mean it's easy to S-rank on Easy difficulty? Do tell more
fat

thisismyusername

« Reply #16671 on: February 16, 2018, 08:12:04 PM »

You mean it's easy to S-rank on Easy difficulty? Do tell more

No, normal or hard. Put the digger on Speed-up, spam the sledgehammer, win. All you need is four players doing that and putting self-firing turrets and maybe the stun traps down if need be.

2-players may struggle on Normal (just got a B on the mine because no materials to continue to hammer down enemies), but the game design is supposed to be based on 4, so...

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #16672 on: February 16, 2018, 08:22:02 PM »

:heh

Jansen

« Reply #16673 on: February 16, 2018, 09:09:30 PM »
they made that Asperger King dino crisis guy a mod lmao.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #16674 on: February 16, 2018, 09:23:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-already-sold-over-500-000-copies-300-000-on-steam-alone-mod-edit-read-op.23476/page-9#post-4607267'
In what world is this down playing racism.
"Yeah, I know some of these fucktards, still in real life you will find people you disagree with"

"Real life does not exist you defend RACISTS!!"

How can you take that from that particular post

FUCKING HIS

I don't even remember Varva having any racists views. Don't tell me it's still about not having people of color in a fucking medieval game.

tuna_love

« Reply #16676 on: February 16, 2018, 10:04:38 PM »

Wanna do some duos?
whats you steam name?

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0