Author Topic: Monster Hunter World is out please dress your cat appropriately  (Read 40473 times)

hungrynoob

• boo
Re: Monster Hunter World is out please dress your cat appropriately
« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2018, 05:47:49 AM »
xbox one online is down for a week, can you join rooms to hunt even if youre not part of a squad?

blaze

« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2018, 07:03:03 AM »
Will this be the first monster hunter I play for more than an hour? Who knows but sure fuck it I'll try.

archie4208

« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2018, 07:14:12 AM »
My PSN ID is Aarchiiee if anyone wants to add me.

kingv

« Reply #183 on: January 28, 2018, 09:55:13 AM »
At least I know why I can’t party up on Cbox. Matchmaking is all fucked up like clown pussy.

paprikastaude

« Reply #184 on: January 28, 2018, 01:26:46 PM »
This game :delicious Audiovisual masterpiece. I started with GS for the first time to challenge myself a little and already stuck with it for 10 hours. Really good with the new moves. Have yet to play multiplayer.

Tasty

« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2018, 02:20:59 PM »
Great Sword is my fave. <3

Himu

« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2018, 02:44:43 PM »
Holy shit I need this game. People actually playing MH I can't miss this shit. But I lack the money now. :fbm

Words cannot express how happy this thread makes me :tocry

MH finally made it in America :tocry

IYKYK

« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2018, 02:51:21 PM »
Note to self: don't use the gun lance even if you think it's cool.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2018, 03:24:07 PM »
Holy shit I need this game. People actually playing MH I can't miss this shit. But I lack the money now. :fbm

Words cannot express how happy this thread makes me :tocry

MH finally made it in America :tocry

(Image removed from quote.)

Yeah, it's pretty dope. Makes me tempted to go back and play one of the older ones with even more monsters after I finish this one up. I saw XX has like 90 monsters damn.

paprikastaude

« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2018, 03:26:13 PM »
Great Sword is my fave. <3

New triple charge, when that shit hits in the face oh my gawd

archie4208

« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2018, 03:26:50 PM »
Note to self: don't use the gun lance even if you think it's cool.
I tried to main GL during the demo and it seems too much like a one trick pony.  I'm rolling with regular lance now and it's a lot more versatile.

Bebpo

« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2018, 04:04:51 PM »

Sent you a request.

Anyone else playing on PS4 that I may not have on my friends list? You can just search and send me an invite under bebpo

blaze

« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2018, 04:14:56 PM »
Yeah I'm loving this. First real time playing Monster Hunter. I'm using the charge blade, probably not the best weapon to use for my first time.

Bebpo

« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2018, 06:35:24 PM »
While I'm doing all these investigations and optional missions for research points and mats and stuff, I'm kinda wondering if there's any reason to do anything besides just sticking to the MSQ until high rank? Like you get enough mats from the msq to make armor/weapon upgrades one piece or so per mission, and it's not like you need top-tier armor for most of these guys.

Also while you could spend an hour or so grinding out a full set for a dino, if you spent that hour on the MSQ you'd fight a stronger dino and get a piece of gear with better stats than the one you just grinded out which is not outdated.

Thinking about stopping doing all the side stuff and just sticking to the MSQ until it gets hard enough I need to grind out some gear. Also I need to watch a tutorial on capturing because I have a couple capturing quests and still no idea how that works. There hasn't been an MSQ tutorial on it or anything.

kingv

« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2018, 10:18:57 PM »
I did pretty well just do main quests until I got out of the first area. Then they started getting pretty tough without some gring

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2018, 11:51:23 PM »
got the lenticular, finally home so i can play now :hyper

Bebpo

« Reply #196 on: January 29, 2018, 04:21:39 AM »
Spent 30 mins grinding out the Barroth helmet. Totally worth it. Now I'm pretty good at fighting him.
Man, when you're doing MP vs. little Kula-Yak boulder guy and 4 people are smashing his face in while he's grounded it's brutal ><

Fought the water loch ness dude. Was pretty annoying with my hammer. Felt like it moves too fast for a slow weapon like that, and was mainly swinging and doing jump down attacks.

What's the point of all these research points you get from the bounties? I have so many but no idea how to use them on anything?

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #197 on: January 29, 2018, 04:52:09 AM »
What's the point of all these research points you get from the bounties? I have so many but no idea how to use them on anything?

I don't have the game yet, but Monster Hunter is basically read the wiki page personified. All deeper mechanics are covered there. I played over a 100 hours of MH3 and still don't understand how the gem system works.

archie4208

Himu

« Reply #199 on: January 29, 2018, 06:54:41 AM »
:rejoice
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2018, 07:04:46 AM »
Played for like 4 hours, super easy so far feels a bit weird as a mon hun game but im onboard for now.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #201 on: January 29, 2018, 07:37:56 AM »
Paging Cindi:

It’s been exactly a year since Capcom scored a No1 on the All Formats Entertainment Software Chart (Resident Evil 7: Biohazard) and the publisher does it again, with the first simultaneous worldwide release for a Monster Hunter title – ‘Monster Hunter: World’ for PS4/Xbox One debuts at No1 with far higher week 1 sales in the UK than any other Monster Hunter release. The series dates back to 2005’s ‘Monster Hunter’ for PS2 and the title that charted highest until now was 2016’s 3DS ‘Monster Hunter Generations’ which debuted at No3 in week 28, 2016.

Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that Monster Hunter: World for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One*1 has shipped 5 million units worldwide (including digital download sales). A PC version is to be released at a later date.
*1: Xbox One version is available in North America and Europe only

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #202 on: January 29, 2018, 10:05:59 AM »
there should be a minimised hud option, i want health guages and map and item.s Quest info, items popping up everywhere, all the foot prints and shit that keeps popping up on my screen is annoying af.

Tasty

« Reply #203 on: January 29, 2018, 10:38:18 AM »

Tasty

« Reply #204 on: January 29, 2018, 10:39:49 AM »
The biggest thing is the worldwide launch. It was pure torture waiting not just for previous games to be translated, but for Capcom to even confirm they're coming at all.

kingv

« Reply #205 on: January 29, 2018, 10:51:15 AM »
Ended up buying this on the home (digitally no less) to gameshare with my BIL, and 3 hours later he’s like “I don’t know this isn’t for me”.

I should’ve bought physical on PS4 with GCU like I was originally planing :-/

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #206 on: January 29, 2018, 11:16:25 AM »

kingv

« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2018, 01:02:45 PM »
Charge blade looks pretty coo. I’m still trying to nail down my “favorite” weapon type to no avail.

I have messed around with the insect glaive, I like the launch but it doesn’t do tons of damage, and the buster sword, which hits harder for sure but I slow. Charge blade might be a good mix if I can get used to it.

Bebpo

« Reply #208 on: January 29, 2018, 01:09:53 PM »
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e180129.html

Andy on suicide watch.

Amazing sales.

Pretty excited about this because it should ensure support of new content and an expansion.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #209 on: January 29, 2018, 01:31:07 PM »
This shit is dope af
reckt

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #210 on: January 29, 2018, 02:01:08 PM »
Put in another 4 hours, still not exactly 100% on the way movement feels but I'm digging it, SP is super easy still lol

paprikastaude

« Reply #211 on: January 29, 2018, 02:11:07 PM »
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e180129.html

Now cut to all the Kirby/Yoshi avatared weirdos on gafREEE derailing every Capcom related thread for months, claiming they "betrayed the user base", "turned the series into Call of Duty" or whatever distinguished mentally-challenged narrative they were/are pushing to concern troll :neogaf
Sony tears were pretty fun when MH went to 3DS. But this is even better. Amazing breakthrough for the series that shits all over manchild fanboys.  :rejoice

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #212 on: January 29, 2018, 02:16:33 PM »
Fuck time limits, and fuck this game. I'm by myself, motherfuckers, there shouldn't be a time limit. Fucking thing was almost dead. "Hey, can't kill you right now, my fucking phone timer went off." Nearly an hour of my life I'll never get back because every Japanese developer has to be a rulesperg of some sort. Too bad they can't be that spergy about good controls.
sup

« Reply #213 on: January 29, 2018, 02:25:04 PM »

Sent you a request.

Anyone else playing on PS4 that I may not have on my friends list? You can just search and send me an invite under bebpo

sent you an invite just now. 

Tasty

« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2018, 02:33:07 PM »
Fuck time limits, and fuck this game. I'm by myself, motherfuckers, there shouldn't be a time limit. Fucking thing was almost dead. "Hey, can't kill you right now, my fucking phone timer went off." Nearly an hour of my life I'll never get back because every Japanese developer has to be a rulesperg of some sort. Too bad they can't be that spergy about good controls.

Lulz. There would be no skill involved if you could just wail on mons indefinitely until they croaked. The limit encourages skillful play.

In short, git gud. :ufup

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes I complained about the same thing with Sonic. 🙄
[close]

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #215 on: January 29, 2018, 02:33:43 PM »
Nintendo systems were clearly holding the franchise back  :doge

Tasty

« Reply #216 on: January 29, 2018, 02:53:14 PM »
Nintendo systems were clearly holding the franchise back  :doge

Let's be honest, Capcom was holding the franchise back.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2018, 02:56:28 PM »

Lulz. There would be no skill involved if you could just wail on mons indefinitely until they croaked. The limit encourages skillful play.

In short, git gud. :ufup

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes I complained about the same thing with Sonic. 🙄
[close]

There's no point to time limits in SP. You're doing 1/4 the damage of a group, so it's always going to take longer. I was using a bow which does shit damage to begin with, so it was taking forever even with coatings.  At no point was I warned that maybe it would take me beyond the time limit because my weapon was too low in damage or unsuitable to the monster, or anything of the sort. So I have to ask what the point of the handler character (who's supposed to be helping/advising you) is, beyond just being just another mission start point. This game doesn't respect the player's time.

also "git gud" is a couchlifer pudgeboy saying which means nothing to actual human beings
sup

Tasty

« Reply #218 on: January 29, 2018, 03:02:48 PM »
You're doing 1/4 the damage of a group, so it's always going to take longer

Lol monsters are scaled in multiplayer for this reason bruv.

Redirect your impotent nerd rage towards a game that actually deserves it~

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #219 on: January 29, 2018, 03:04:38 PM »
i realize that, but i doubt it scales that much, and your damage doesn't scale at all
sup

Tasty

« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2018, 03:06:24 PM »
::)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #221 on: January 29, 2018, 03:06:53 PM »
also eat shit, you fucking real life loser
sup

Tasty

« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2018, 03:14:20 PM »
How the mighty have fallen.

Bebpo

« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2018, 03:26:08 PM »
For whatever reason, monsters do go down way faster in MP. Not sure if 4 players equally 4x HP scaling or if it's less. It also could just be that you're able to get more attacks in since more times when the enemy is not going after you (going after another player) and more often that the enemy is downed with 4 people trying to down it so more free damage smashing x 4.

Oh

And I just realized it's also probably because some of the other players have stronger weapons than you so they're doing more DPS than you do solo.

It's why when I play MSQ I play solo but when I'm grinding investigations a couple of times to get specific drops for gear I always jump in, light an SoS flare and by the time I've tracked the monsters there's usually 3 other players heading to my spot to join the fight. Fights go quicker and more fun. Grinding so far is pretty painless.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 03:30:19 PM by Bebpo »

kingv

« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2018, 03:28:40 PM »
I think from what I heard the the monster scales from SP to multiplayer, but does not scale from 2p-4P.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2018, 03:31:21 PM »
Dude, I can fuck up elder dragons solo in 50 mins in older (harder) games, the time limits are super generous in world cause the monsters are so easy. Just dont go out bow hunting and do like 3 hits per minute or something :lol

Tasty

« Reply #226 on: January 29, 2018, 03:32:56 PM »
I think from what I heard the the monster scales from SP to multiplayer, but does not scale from 2p-4P.

Correct. I also believe they changed the scaling in Tri to be a bit easier (basing MP around 2-players being standard instead of 4.)

Bebpo

« Reply #227 on: January 29, 2018, 03:42:58 PM »
Dude, I can fuck up elder dragons solo in 50 mins in older (harder) games, the time limits are super generous in world cause the monsters are so easy. Just dont go out bow hunting and do like 3 hits per minute or something :lol

Yeah, even when I'm fighting bad I still clear stuff under 20 mins solo np. Only time it takes longer is if I get lost and it takes me a while to find the monster. (like I did the limited time event quest with the 2 great jagras and I ran around for 15 mins trying to find the 2nd great Jagras)

Btw, one thing I realized last night, do the monsters always have the same routes across missions? Like in the Ancient Forest map it feels like there's always a Great Jagras coming from the cave north of the first open area and then out by the waterfall and I guess the second one is up in the northwest open section. And like Barroth always seems to do a circle around the sand dunes and the open area where Kulu Yak is and they fight.

Like what I'm saying is it feels like once you kinda know their routes, you don't have to run around like a headless chicken looking for tracks, you just head straight to where they're gonna be on investigations and missions and stuff. Is that correct?

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #228 on: January 29, 2018, 04:00:36 PM »

Like what I'm saying is it feels like once you kinda know their routes, you don't have to run around like a headless chicken looking for tracks, you just head straight to where they're gonna be on investigations and missions and stuff. Is that correct?

seems like some things in mh never change

blaze

« Reply #229 on: January 29, 2018, 04:38:08 PM »
Man. I suck at this game, but I think it's getting it's claws into me.

paprikastaude

« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2018, 05:14:31 PM »
Portable 3rd is when the games got easy. 4 players could take down a monster in a couple of minutes. That's why I always play solo first. Then multiplayer for mindless leveling (and some hardcore endgame content).

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2018, 05:26:05 PM »
29 days is pretty good to stick to a new year's resolution right?   :yeshrug

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #232 on: January 29, 2018, 06:28:35 PM »
now that ive had some time to play, ive just finished the electric flying squirrel todo-komachi or whatever its called on solo player.

Fundamentally, it does feel like a mh game which is good, and the graphics compared to the old games is defo a breath of fresh air. When youre running through the brush, looks really fucking pretty. Combat feels fun. So far its super easy mode. As bepo said, monsters hang around same-y areas, all gathering points are the same too. It always says "flourishing x" and i never see more than when its not.

box arrangements, and how equipment is organised really annoys me. I never bothered to count but items and mats are separate in your item pouch, technically allowing you to carry more tbf. However, its all split in the item boxes aswell. Im guessing the idea was the declutter the main box. But i had a very particular way of arranging shit - the mats i could let slide because i only really used that for selling which you can still do, but that 4x5 or whatever sized box you get to organise all your equipment is a nightmare.  I used to dedicate the bottom 5 squares to armours only, arranging by set and in order from head to feet. Looking at this equipment screen now makes me want to stab my eyes out.

A lot of the game feels a bit clipped in terms of trying to cater to a newer audience, and I can swallow my pride on that. However, that reaches out to combinations aswell. I set out and did the first thing i normally do which was find all the blue mushrooms and honey i can. Blue mushrooms, what are they used for in this game? because i have not bothered or needed to look at the combo list once. Auto combo when some lists are full, my brain isnt equipped to deal with this.

Vigor wasps, well, pretty useless, they always seem to arrive just as youve finished healing, and they take forever to level up compared to your cat for example. As for potions and that, i dont mind the idea, but man muscle memory its hard to beat. The b and a are switched on xbox to wii u controller, and because im playing mh my brain is constantly thinking im holding a wii u controller its that bad.

BBQ spit, someone will die for the murder of the BBQ spit charm.

Bebpo

« Reply #233 on: January 29, 2018, 06:39:01 PM »
I feel like a lot of the stuff you pick up is just used for ammo, so if you're not playing ranged about half of it's useless.
Also my only complaint (besides that I'd like to visibly see everyone in a session in town and maybe cooler looking weapon upgrades), is I wish the item pouch was a lot larger. There's so much to pick up I'm constantly having to dump stuff.

Himu

« Reply #234 on: January 29, 2018, 07:14:10 PM »
Do you still craft weapons and armor with shit you find? Bebpo says stuff you find is just for ammo but in old MH you have to search for ingredients to craft your gear.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #235 on: January 29, 2018, 07:16:05 PM »
Do you still craft weapons and armor with shit you find? Bebpo says stuff you find is just for ammo but in old MH you have to search for ingredients to craft your gear.
IYKYK

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #236 on: January 29, 2018, 07:20:16 PM »
im not 100% on this, and im only hr4m but so far just bones/ore and monster mats.

Bebpo

« Reply #237 on: January 29, 2018, 07:25:22 PM »

Weapons/Gear are crafted from monster parts or mining/bone nodes (which go into your infinite inventory box).

There are like a hundred plants/mushrooms/bugs to grab everywhere and they go into your limited inv pouch along with usable items. Most of it is for crafting, either for like potions/traps/ammo or other stuff.

Himu

« Reply #238 on: January 29, 2018, 07:27:28 PM »
Oh ok so it’s the same as in the past.
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #239 on: January 29, 2018, 09:54:05 PM »
Man. I suck at this game, but I think it's getting it's claws into me.
We were all bad once till we learned how to beat a Kut Ku, so many things used similar ai loops so you could approach them the same haha. Tigrex will make you sit up at first (if in game) and MHFU era Plesioth was a hitbox fuck but otherwise once you can do a Kut Ku you quickly parlay those skills to other monsters.