Author Topic: Monster Hunter World is out please dress your cat appropriately  (Read 40488 times)

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
Re: Monster Hunter World is out please dress your cat appropriately
« Reply #240 on: January 29, 2018, 10:04:55 PM »
I will have to get it next month  :tocry

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #241 on: January 29, 2018, 10:14:34 PM »
I'm double dipping, most of my new friend pc buddies are waiting so i'll have to get it again and teach 'em. Hopefully in full 60fps lol

Tasty

« Reply #242 on: January 29, 2018, 11:25:41 PM »
Even in MH3U Plesioth was a piece of fuck.

Himu

« Reply #243 on: January 29, 2018, 11:28:51 PM »
Fucking Plesioth hahaha
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #244 on: January 29, 2018, 11:43:08 PM »
THINK YOU ROLLED? HIPCHECK MOTHERFUCKER.

Bebpo

« Reply #245 on: January 29, 2018, 11:54:33 PM »
Was thinking yeah kinda easy and then I just did the TOBI-KADACHI and that motherfucker was intense. First enemy I fainted on. First monster that's fast and has status effects (lightning). Fighting in the small arena where he starts and he's all climbing trees and jump gliding tail swinging at you...damn good shit. Looking forward to the high end crazy fights like this. Feels like a glimpse at what's to come.

Bebpo

« Reply #246 on: January 30, 2018, 01:05:09 AM »
Ok, I can't talk shit on running out of time. I did the Agajanth mission solo and it took me 40 mins >< Thought I was gonna fail towards the end, though I had it limping since like 25-30 mins in. With my hammer it was hard getting good connects in because it's head is above my swings. Had to basically have good timing on the charge -> upswing to hit it in the face. Plus it felt like it had a ton of HP.

Now time to do it 4p investigation-style to grind out a few more mats so I can make my Agajanth Hammer and go from like 660 damage to 780.

Bebpo

« Reply #247 on: January 30, 2018, 02:04:04 AM »
Did Agajanth a couple times MP. The SoS search system is super good in this game. Bordering on amazing. You can search for the enemy you want and bam there are like 15-20 different games going against that monster at any time and you just jump into one.

First time did pretty good. Got a bunch of parts but not what I needed for my hammer upgrade. Second time we were doing ok and I had a really nice hammer moment where I smacked him in the head with a combo on a hill and sent him flying down the entire hill and then rushed down and did a flying hammer smash to his downed head. Then we all got caught in a fire blast (whoops) and failed the mission  :'( But because I broke its head I got 1 part and it was exactly the one part I needed for my hammer, so I still got to upgrade my hammer and grab a helmet too.

Need to get one more HR so I can do the Horizon Zero Dawn 5 star quest before it expires in a week.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #248 on: January 30, 2018, 02:52:53 AM »
Playing solo will take 40 mins with the tougher stuff till you get a gaggle of cats to distract the enemies though, so that's still fine.

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #249 on: January 30, 2018, 05:15:59 AM »
Was thinking yeah kinda easy and then I just did the TOBI-KADACHI and that motherfucker was intense. First enemy I fainted on. First monster that's fast and has status effects (lightning). Fighting in the small arena where he starts and he's all climbing trees and jump gliding tail swinging at you...damn good shit. Looking forward to the high end crazy fights like this. Feels like a glimpse at what's to come.

his hitboxes are very weird he almost KO'd me when he shouldnt have touched me.

paprikastaude

« Reply #250 on: January 30, 2018, 09:00:43 AM »
The Trex was my first game over. I actually had him weak, but without HP buffs (after fainting once) it gets a little tricky.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #251 on: January 30, 2018, 09:55:34 AM »
Even in MH Freedom Unite Plesioth was a piece of fuck.

FTFY

:trigger  :trigger  :trigger

kingv

« Reply #252 on: January 30, 2018, 10:03:16 AM »
Finally figured out on Xbox you can still party up by jozoning a game directly. It’s only the matchmaking that’s broken. With the built in LFG, it’s a lifesaver.... love that for destiny as well.

Really enjoyed it in multiplayer.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #254 on: January 30, 2018, 01:45:12 PM »
ok i have a very important question that I haven't been able to find an answer to anywhere and I would really appreciate a response:

can I make a tortie cat partner
pcp

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #255 on: January 30, 2018, 03:36:48 PM »
The Trex was my first game over. I actually had him weak, but without HP buffs (after fainting once) it gets a little tricky.

youre supposed to be able to eat food at camp, but when i tried you dont get buffs from it.

Bebpo

« Reply #256 on: January 30, 2018, 03:42:18 PM »

youre supposed to be able to eat food at camp, but when i tried you dont get buffs from it.

That seems kinda strange.

Also can't you just eat in the map? There are items that boost max HP (nutrients I think) and you can cook meat and eat it to restore stamina.

paprikastaude

« Reply #257 on: January 30, 2018, 04:58:29 PM »

Because that would it make it too easy, I assume.

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #258 on: January 30, 2018, 05:10:41 PM »

Are you sticking to the old norms?

Bebpo

« Reply #259 on: January 30, 2018, 05:13:03 PM »

Why? It doesn't make sense to have it where your first life you have better stats than your following ones. I mean the rewards given already go down each death.

Tasty

« Reply #260 on: January 30, 2018, 06:38:13 PM »

FTFY

Did you bold the wrong thing? Lol.

And I pointed out he was STILL jank as fuck in 3U because the hitboxes were generally much better in gen 3 than gen 2. But Plessy was still a piece of fuck.

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #261 on: January 30, 2018, 08:21:48 PM »

Why? It doesn't make sense to have it where your first life you have better stats than your following ones. I mean the rewards given already go down each death.
Just depends how you feel really.

kingv

« Reply #262 on: January 30, 2018, 09:35:51 PM »
I thought you get buffed every time you faint?

Bebpo

« Reply #263 on: January 31, 2018, 03:26:36 AM »
Monster Hunter World just sold over 2 million copies in Japan* in 3 days

:o

:o

:whoo

That makes it:

-The highest opening for a Monster Hunter game in Japan
-The highest opening for a PS4 game in Japan
-The highest selling PS4 game in Japan outselling the LTD sales of even Dragon Quest XI and FFXV

For reference, the last console debut Monster Hunter was MH3 which debuted at 500k sales in Japan. A Major decrease from 2 which was on PSP. The train of thought being that MH doesn't sell on consoles.

Not only is this the first time in like 10-15 years we are seeing a Monster Hunter selling well on consoles in Japan
this is like the first time in 10-15 years that we are seeing console gaming actually do well in Japan which had thought to have been a market where traditional consoles were on their way out (Switch is doing great,
 but I attribute that more to it also being a portable and portables do very well in Japan).

Absolute insane result. Between this and the western sales doing in the millions and the game sold out worldwide. We're going to see Capcom ride this MHW train for a while to come. Probably get that G-rank expansion sooner than later, then a MHW2, etc...plus Capcom just saved themselves financially for a while which should help them across the board.

There is no doubt at all at this point that Monster Hunter is the biggest non-Nintendo-first-party franchise in Japan. Nothing else even gets close to touching it anywhere. Crazy.

*edit - Clarification, the 2 million number is directly from Capcom JPN and includes 650k digital sales from JPN+Asia, so the Japan number is probably closer to 1.5-1.7 with 300-500k being digital sold in Asia. At most it puts is on par or slightly below MH4 launch in Japan, but doesn't change anything else in how impressive the sales are.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:05:41 AM by Bebpo »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #264 on: January 31, 2018, 03:28:50 AM »
Finally I can tell all those losers that say 'mon hun is a portable game' to stick a slippery swordfish directly up their asses.

p.s. Are we doing a bore crew?

Bebpo

« Reply #265 on: January 31, 2018, 03:30:23 AM »
I've got a squad on PS4 but we need to like set a time so we're all playing around the same time which as adults is kinda hard :'(

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #266 on: January 31, 2018, 03:35:33 AM »
I'm in GMT+2
I generally play around 4pm - late, we can maybe knock some stuff this weekend.
HR 3 ish so no man is left behind?

Bebpo

« Reply #267 on: January 31, 2018, 03:49:03 AM »
Yeah I think I'll be playing a lot on Saturday. Sunday I might be at a super bowl party so dunno, but my Sat is free and that sounds like MHW time.

archie4208

« Reply #268 on: January 31, 2018, 05:20:58 AM »
I'm on east coast so I'm probably in bed by the time you log on.  :fbm

Maybe we can do some hunts this weekend.

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #269 on: January 31, 2018, 07:03:43 AM »

Purple Filth

« Reply #270 on: January 31, 2018, 08:20:38 AM »

FTFY

Did you bold the wrong thing? Lol.

And I pointed out he was STILL jank as fuck in 3U because the hitboxes were generally much better in gen 3 than gen 2. But Plessy was still a piece of fuck.

The bold is fine it was just to indicate he was always a POS.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #271 on: January 31, 2018, 10:39:53 AM »
Explain MH to me like I'm 5 brehs. Don't need the nitty-gritty, just the basic concept and mechanics.

archie4208

« Reply #272 on: January 31, 2018, 10:58:48 AM »
Hit dinosaur until it dies.

Do this hundreds of times to get marginally better gear.

paprikastaude

« Reply #273 on: January 31, 2018, 11:02:39 AM »
Explain MH to me like I'm 5 brehs. Don't need the nitty-gritty, just the basic concept and mechanics.

eat or be eaten.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #274 on: January 31, 2018, 11:08:04 AM »
Playing solo will take 40 mins with the tougher stuff till you get a gaggle of cats to distract the enemies though, so that's still fine.

You can play with cats instead of human beings?

©@©™

Himu

« Reply #275 on: January 31, 2018, 12:10:23 PM »
This games sales :tocry

I’m so happy
IYKYK

Raist

« Reply #276 on: January 31, 2018, 12:26:42 PM »
None of those replies are helpful.

Cindi halp pls.

Bebpo

« Reply #277 on: January 31, 2018, 12:45:27 PM »
Basically cool repayable giant boss fights in highly interactive environments and a very good loot loop.

Raist

« Reply #278 on: January 31, 2018, 01:24:02 PM »
Hmpf. Not sure that's for me. Will give it a spin when it's cheap.

Anyway.

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/958657920484298753

paprikastaude

« Reply #279 on: January 31, 2018, 01:29:28 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Himu

Re: Monster Hunter World Beta is up
« Reply #280 on: January 31, 2018, 01:57:23 PM »
None of those replies are helpful.

Cindi halp pls.

In old MH you do not follow tracks like this. You find it yourself and have to actually "hunt" it (like tagging it so you can follow it across the map if it leaves trying to save its life, things like that). The core premise is doing missions (as you saw easy, normal, hard;etc) missions and looting the monsters and getting local items. Then you craft the shit to get new armor and weapons to survive against harder monsters. The appeal is free form and arcade like precision: you can tackle hunting your monster any damn way you see fit. Whether it's not even killing it and just capturing it in a  net. Or maybe you wanna trick it by throwing out food infused with sleep herbs that makes the mark fall asleep after eating it. Allowing you to fuck it up? Or maybe you like being tactical and enjoy planting bombs and traps for it to fall in. There's lots of options and the appeal is beating the monster YOUR way and then making yourself a cool armor out of it. Sometimes, you might want to take a monster out with your buddies. It's fun.
IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #281 on: January 31, 2018, 03:14:43 PM »
So my son has been playing the hell out of my copy. I need to start my character (I like the hunting horn). But how long should it take to get through the tutorial to a save point? My kid doesn't remember, and it's hard to get a good chunk of time to myself to play.
que

Raist

« Reply #282 on: January 31, 2018, 03:20:39 PM »
Make him play through the tutorial and save. That'll teach him.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #283 on: January 31, 2018, 03:37:42 PM »
Been fucking with a lot of the weapons, big ass hammer is really easy to use. The katana or long sword is great too but I love the hammer's charge attack too much.

OH!

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #284 on: January 31, 2018, 03:47:41 PM »

Pretty sure there is a direct correlation between number of cats in a game and sales. Maybe now they'll greenlight Dragon's Dogma 2 but there will only be cat pawns. And cat mounts. And all the NPCs will be cats.

20 million sold, minimum.

Bebpo

« Reply #285 on: January 31, 2018, 04:47:18 PM »
Been fucking with a lot of the weapons, big ass hammer is really easy to use. The katana or long sword is great too but I love the hammer's charge attack too much.

I roll hammer and can confirm it is fun to smack things in the face and watch them recoil.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #286 on: January 31, 2018, 11:48:29 PM »

Yeah, just dont train them to throw bombs, then they will annoy you :lol

Fortus

« Reply #287 on: February 01, 2018, 10:09:39 AM »
Played the original MH on PS2 but haven't touched the series since then. Picked this up partly from the nostalgia, partly from the hype and partly because PSN had that 10 percent off code thing so I could get the digital deluxe for about the price of the vanillla version. Was going to go stabby stabby with dual blades but changed at the last second to insect glaive on a whim. REALLY glad I did since the aerial stuff with the glaive is so damn fun. There's something very satisfying about doing a reverse juggle (combos keep ME in the air over the mark) then landing on the monsters back to get the Mount state and continuing the onslaught. Also, sending my bug in and having it extract buffs is boss
pie

Svejk

« Reply #288 on: February 01, 2018, 11:51:29 AM »
I will have to get it next month  :tocry
I'm right there with you, bruh.  The hype hasn't let up and makes it more unbearable.  I need that cat character in my life. :rkelly   

paprikastaude

« Reply #289 on: February 01, 2018, 12:16:27 PM »
out of dung bombs while rathalos and rathian teaming up :goty barely finished the quest in 49 minutes :goty2

« Reply #290 on: February 01, 2018, 03:20:46 PM »
Anjanath is wrecking me. I get that it's weak to water so I've got the Aqua Messer sword equipped and I'm trying not to just blindly hack away at it... but still. Daaamn.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 03:28:04 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #291 on: February 01, 2018, 03:38:13 PM »
I get that it’s weak to water but I can’t do anything elemental with my hammer. Kinda wish you could get water shots for your slinger.

Bebpo

« Reply #292 on: February 01, 2018, 03:40:34 PM »
Anjanath is wrecking me. I get that it's weak to water so I've got the Aqua Messer sword equipped and I'm trying not to just blindly hack away at it... but still. Daaamn.

My only advice is dodge a lot and only attack when safe after double rushes or fire done. Lots of jumping attacks too. Use the environment to get out of reach and then jump down attacks.

« Reply #293 on: February 01, 2018, 03:44:28 PM »
I've been trying to use the environment to get on top of it, but no luck. I'll keep at it.

Tried to upgrade my Aqua Messer to level II but looks like a mineral for it isn't obtainable yet.
野球

paprikastaude

« Reply #294 on: February 01, 2018, 03:53:34 PM »
I get that it’s weak to water but I can’t do anything elemental with my hammer. Kinda wish you could get water shots for your slinger.

Watermoss into his face when in flame mode.

Bebpo

« Reply #295 on: February 01, 2018, 04:07:25 PM »

Watermoss into his face when in flame mode.

WAIT, whaaaaaaat.
I kept picking up matermoss thinking I wish I could use this as a water attack, but I thought it was just for crafting into water coating for ranged weapons??

How do you use watermoss? It's not slinger ammo, right? I don't really get how anything besides hitting things in the face with my hammer works sometimes.

I've been trying to use the environment to get on top of it, but no luck. I'll keep at it.

Tried to upgrade my Aqua Messer to level II but looks like a mineral for it isn't obtainable yet.

You don't even need to ride it. Just getting above means he can't hit you so when you jump down and attack you're getting a free safe hit in and then you can run away. In a fight like that where he KOs you in 2 hits I'll take all the free safe hits I can. Also when he's first turning into fire mode he stands still for a while and you can usually get a couple of safe attacks into his face before he sets you on fire.

« Reply #296 on: February 01, 2018, 05:43:33 PM »
Getting close, got him limping but then manage to do something stupid.
野球

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #297 on: February 01, 2018, 07:33:03 PM »
Played the original MH on PS2 but haven't touched the series since then. Picked this up partly from the nostalgia, partly from the hype and partly because PSN had that 10 percent off code thing so I could get the digital deluxe for about the price of the vanillla version. Was going to go stabby stabby with dual blades but changed at the last second to insect glaive on a whim. REALLY glad I did since the aerial stuff with the glaive is so damn fun. There's something very satisfying about doing a reverse juggle (combos keep ME in the air over the mark) then landing on the monsters back to get the Mount state and continuing the onslaught. Also, sending my bug in and having it extract buffs is boss

Did you play on the ps2 EU servers for MH? If you did I probably know you.

Tried anjanath fo the first time, hes a nimble fucker for a big cunt. Only problem is, his flamethrower was OHKO'ing me and i got sniped 3 times. rip

« Reply #298 on: February 01, 2018, 08:45:13 PM »
I got Anjanath near death. Ratholos helped mess him up a bit, then I still died.

Fuuuck.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #299 on: February 01, 2018, 08:49:20 PM »
Yeah in the story mode it's scripted so if you do things right Ratholos will fuck him up some.

Have you tried using an SoS flare and getting some MP help?
Have you tried using traps? I haven't with him specifically but I've used traps and setting a paralyze trap down and having him run to you give you like 15 seconds of free hits while he's paralyzed.

Also, if any time you're near death don't risk it, just run and climb something so you can't get it for a few secs and heal up.

What time are you going to sleep tonight? I'm having dinner with a friend at 7pm PST and probably be back around 9:30pm PST. I can jump on and co-op it with you if it's not too late.