Author Topic: Monster Hunter World is out please dress your cat appropriately  (Read 40457 times)

Freyj

Re: Monster Hunter World is out please dress your cat appropriately
« Reply #420 on: February 18, 2018, 05:10:24 PM »
Do Pink Rathian, things pick up a bit but you’ll laugh at the next round of new monsters.

kingv

« Reply #421 on: February 19, 2018, 09:30:02 AM »
I’m getting sort of stuck on the Diablos.

He just does a fuck ton of damage, and I’m not exactly sure how to upgrade my way out of it. I’ve got a full set of Legianas armor, and am working on building an ice weapon.

Since most of the damage he does is physical, do I just need to drop in more armor spheres to get the base number up, or since he Has wings is his damage type fall under “dragon”?

Also, once I have an ice weapon, can you inflict status on a monster, or does it just do more damage? I had a poison glaive before and poisoning was pretty nice.

Svejk

« Reply #422 on: February 19, 2018, 01:25:17 PM »
This may be a silly question, but if you put items in your item box, will it show as having the item when crafting gear?  Or do you have to have them on hand in your pouch?  Sorry, newbie here..  Trying to wrap my head around it all.....  And another question...  when gather flora, even when I have item slots open in my pouch, why does it still say a certain item is full when I try to gather it? 

paprikastaude

« Reply #423 on: February 19, 2018, 01:30:50 PM »
This may be a silly question, but if you put items in your item box, will it show as having the item when crafting gear? Or do you have to have them on hand in your pouch?  Sorry, newbie here..  Trying to wrap my head around it all.....  And another question...  when gather flora, even when I have item slots open in my pouch, why does it still say a certain item is full when I try to gather it?

Yes. And items themselves have max capacity, like you can't have more than 10 blue mushrooms in the pouch (but more in the box).

Svejk

« Reply #424 on: February 19, 2018, 01:46:15 PM »
This may be a silly question, but if you put items in your item box, will it show as having the item when crafting gear? Or do you have to have them on hand in your pouch?  Sorry, newbie here..  Trying to wrap my head around it all.....  And another question...  when gather flora, even when I have item slots open in my pouch, why does it still say a certain item is full when I try to gather it?

Yes. And items themselves have max capacity, like you can't have more than 10 blue mushrooms in the pouch (but more in the box).
Ah ok, good to know.  I'm just use to Horizon, where it just starts a new slot if the item gets full in one.  Thanks for the reply!

kingv

« Reply #425 on: February 20, 2018, 12:02:44 PM »
Goddamn it. I almost had Diablos down and then some noob got Pwned 3x in a row.

paprikastaude

« Reply #426 on: February 20, 2018, 12:14:33 PM »
Look forward to Diablos + Black Diablos quests  :aah

Bebpo

« Reply #427 on: February 20, 2018, 01:59:34 PM »

Yeah, I've had that happen and it's why I do monsters solo the first time, then MP when grinding quick.

Diablos was the hardest fight in LR for me, but that was partly because I learned afterwards I was incredibly undergeared. If you gear up to the stuff right before it and use armor spheres to boost another 30-40 DEF, you can take hits like nothing from Diablos.

Also his hardest attack if you're meleeing around him is his charge imo since he goes from neutral to EVERYTHING IS A HITBOX and if you're right at his legs you'll get run over. Basically just gotta mess around a bit to figure out safe zone/windows. His underground attack is easy to dodge and if you have sonic bombs you can dizzy him and get free hits in. You can also get free hits in when he's digging underground and you're hitting his tail on the way down.

It's probably my favorite fight in LR. Closer to a Devil May Cry boss with slower more visible clues and hard hitting moves. A lot of the other monsters just seem like a bunch of non-stop move spam.

Tasty

« Reply #428 on: February 20, 2018, 02:32:48 PM »

This is why you man up and go solo :ufup

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #429 on: February 20, 2018, 02:33:41 PM »
Look forward to Diablos + Black Diablos quests  :aah

if i remember did you used to always kick about in a diablos GS set or kelbi bow set.

kingv

« Reply #430 on: February 20, 2018, 03:38:16 PM »

Yeah, I've had that happen and it's why I do monsters solo the first time, then MP when grinding quick.

Diablos was the hardest fight in LR for me, but that was partly because I learned afterwards I was incredibly undergeared. If you gear up to the stuff right before it and use armor spheres to boost another 30-40 DEF, you can take hits like nothing from Diablos.

Also his hardest attack if you're meleeing around him is his charge imo since he goes from neutral to EVERYTHING IS A HITBOX and if you're right at his legs you'll get run over. Basically just gotta mess around a bit to figure out safe zone/windows. His underground attack is easy to dodge and if you have sonic bombs you can dizzy him and get free hits in. You can also get free hits in when he's digging underground and you're hitting his tail on the way down.

It's probably my favorite fight in LR. Closer to a Devil May Cry boss with slower more visible clues and hard hitting moves. A lot of the other monsters just seem like a bunch of non-stop move spam.

What’s about the right armor rating to have? I am about 150 or so, across everything I’d guess.

Bebpo

« Reply #431 on: February 20, 2018, 03:54:33 PM »
I fought (and beat) Diablos solo at 109 DEF. It was hard.
By the time I took on the next monster, after grinding gear and armor spheres, I had 185 DEF + food buffs brought it to 195 DEF.

Honestly 150 DEF + food buffs should be fine. You're not like dying in 2 hits are you? I was at 109 DEF. If you can survive 2 hits that gives you time to recover with potions after each hit because even if you get hit again while trying to heal it won't kill you.

Fortus

« Reply #432 on: February 20, 2018, 04:09:01 PM »
Kingv switch out the Legiana belt for the Lumu Coil. Paired with the Legiana helm it will give you 2 ranks of Divine Blessing which mitigates damage by 30 percent on a fairly routine basis. Probably won't save you from a direct hit by Diablos even if it procs but it will save you from having to quaff some potions during the fight
pie

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #433 on: February 20, 2018, 05:10:16 PM »
Man everyone is saying that Diablos is challenging but he seems the same like in MHFU  :thinking

Seems it's time to try him out.

Funnily enough it was running a SOS in this game that made me realize that the 3 or so faints is counted amongst everyone in a squad  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Solo that shit :bolo
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 05:19:33 PM by Purple Filth »

Bebpo

« Reply #434 on: February 20, 2018, 05:23:49 PM »
Man everyone is saying that Diablos is challenging but he seems the same like in MHFU  :thinking

I think most people saying that, including myself, never fought him before as this is their first MH.

Probably not hard to MH vets.

Tasty

« Reply #435 on: February 20, 2018, 05:28:02 PM »
Eh, frenzy Diablos can be as annoying as anything in MH, I can understand the noob complaints.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #436 on: February 20, 2018, 05:45:31 PM »

I think most people saying that, including myself, never fought him before as this is their first MH.

Probably not hard to MH vets.

I guess so but i haven't fought him since MHFU so maybe he has some new stuff up his sleeve

Tasty?

Eh, frenzy Diablos can be as annoying as anything in MH, I can understand the noob complaints.

Ain't that the truth. :snoop

So the melding npc is extremely disappointing. First of all, the pages of potions and traps and ammo are useless. That stuff is easy to come by. As to the Monster parts: there’s only Plates (okay I guess) and Gems (do these exist outside melding?). So basically, you’re still stuck grinding for the annoying shit like Fangs and Sacs and Tails.

Not to mention that anything worthwhile takes special items only that are rewards from limited bounties (yay, more grinding!). I might as well just say fuck it and go grind investigations with silver and gold rewards instead.

Very much a missed opportunity to cut down on the bullshit: every item should be meldable once obtained and valued with MP in such a way that prevents turning in lots of junk for the good shit (i.e. I should be able to turn 4 Anjanath Pelt in for 1 Anjanath Fang.

Or just don’t have this npc and have the item drop process be less obtuse. Having monsters drop items mid fight that need to be picked up and don’t automatically go in your inventory is terrible. Tails I can understand because it’s very noticeable and they have to be carved. If I break an Anjanath’s head that should guarantee X Fangs by the end of the quest.

Late to this post but iirc the 2 highlighted were some of the rarest parts to get in the older games (Rathian Plates....:beli) so being able to get them using this melder is very interesting tbh.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 05:58:42 PM by Purple Filth »

Bebpo

« Reply #437 on: February 21, 2018, 01:06:15 AM »
What the fucking fuck fuck fuck is that SFV challenge quest?  :maf :maf :maf :maf

3 stars my ass. Giant fucking barroth that does diablos charges for 70% of your health. That headbutts you for 50% of your health and dizzying you in 1 hit? That you can't even reach his fucking weakpoint of his head because he's 80 feet tall? WTF
Tried doing it with hammer and blew through all 8 lives. Tried the gun but it's a slow gun and does like 10 damage per shot. How the fuck are you supposed to beat this guy and get the Ryu costume??

WORST MH MISSION EVER

Bebpo

« Reply #438 on: February 21, 2018, 01:08:22 AM »
https://dotesports.com/the-op/news/street-fighter-ryu-guide-monster-hunter-world-21172

The quest has you fight against a large Barroth, but don't go against it alone—this Barroth is impossible to beat due to its massive size and hitboxes.

You get two SFV Tickets each time you beat the Barroth, and you need seven tickets to unlock the Ryu costume.

BUT IT DOESN'T LET YOU BRING YOUR CAT IN AND IT DOESN'T LET YOU SOS FLARE TO GET ANOTHER PLAYER TO JOIN WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

/raging

http://www.ign.com/wikis/monster-hunter-world/How_to_Unlock_Ryu_from_Street_Fighter

You can cart 9 times, so you should be able to defeat the Barroth solo, but the quest is designed for two players.

If you think this will play like a normal Barroth hunt, think again. This monster's massive size drastically changes its hitboxes and range, requiring you to change your strategy. We recommend using the Heavybowgun and teaming up with another Heavybowgun user - both sets come with poison, sleep, and paralysis knives and ammo and traps.

This is such crap. You shouldn't need 2p to beat any of this stuff. Maybe they should just not make it bullshit in the first place!  :maf

Freyj

« Reply #439 on: February 21, 2018, 11:36:52 AM »
Late to this post but iirc the 2 highlighted were some of the rarest parts to get in the older games (Rathian Plates....:beli) so being able to get them using this melder is very interesting tbh.

Yeah I can see that, but it requires items that are super grindy to get in the first place. It would be nice if you could convert rare items you don’t need to rare items you do.

kingv

« Reply #440 on: February 21, 2018, 01:27:50 PM »

Yeah I can see that, but it requires items that are super grindy to get in the first place. It would be nice if you could convert rare items you don’t need to rare items you do.

Needs.... AUCTION HOUSE

Fortus

« Reply #441 on: February 21, 2018, 02:03:18 PM »
So I finally tried an Arena Quest you get at the hub. Thought it would be like the Arena quests that show up under Optional. Boy was I wrong. No Palico allowed, can't use the weapon you have and your stuck with the crap they give you in the box for expendables. Took me twenty minutes and four deaths to kill the Rathian  :fbm
pie

paprikastaude

« Reply #442 on: February 24, 2018, 07:23:55 AM »
Tempered Kirin

:goty

Bebpo

« Reply #443 on: February 25, 2018, 07:28:04 PM »
Fought the Pink Rathalon. Was a good fight solo. I'm still rocking my LR Diablo Armor for 3/5 pieces because the lvl.3 Diablos skill that buffs your attack power by like 10-20% is too damn good to let go of. At some point I'll need to switch them out to HR armor for the DEF sadly ;_;, they're like 38 armor after leveling and the HR stuff is 50+ DEF now before leveling it.

Went to Elders Recess and took out Dodogama and spotted the Azure Rathian, Radaboon remix, and Plethy remix. Gonna do those and then I guess it unlocks Nergigante once you've got enough tracks like the pink Rathian. Is that the end of the game? These monsters and then final boss Nergigante? Or are there more monsters are?

Weapon-wise I probably need to sit down and grind mats. I haven't grinded in a while because I kinda hate grinding, feels like a waste of time. But my weapons are all still rarity 4 (~900-950 dmg including elemental daamge), outside a bone weapon with no element (needs awakening skill) at rarity 6 for like 900 neutral damage. I have the rarity 6 paths open for weapons, but I need to grind rarity 5 mats and rarity 6 mats to get my weapons up.  When the heck can I get an awakening skill? My neutral bone rarity 6 weapon has like 300 lightning greyed out, if I could just awaken that I'm be pretty good outside Lightning resistant monsters.

Freyj

« Reply #444 on: February 25, 2018, 08:46:38 PM »
There’s a few more actually new monsters after Nerg

Fortus

« Reply #445 on: February 25, 2018, 09:28:24 PM »
Bebpo you'll need the Free Elem/Ammo Up skill either from an armor piece or decoration to 'ungray' your weapon's potential. Found that out the hard way :/
For the main story line there are four Elders after Nerg but tbh they were a little underwhelming. I was used to difficulty spikes and thought they would be too but I guess I did enough grinding (and learning) that they weren't too hard
pie

Bebpo

« Reply #446 on: February 26, 2018, 03:40:52 AM »
Was joining SoS stuff to grind mats for various weapon/accessory upgrades. Unfortunately the awakening/free element accessory requires grinding the worst stage ever, Zorah Magdoras and needs 1-star drop quest reward gem  :-\

Kept doing missions waiting for it to show up, jumped into a 4p mission, difficulty adjusted to 2p+, was like midway when the host disconnected and it became a solo mission, only I'm 100% sure the difficulty adjustment (aka Zorah's HP) didn't re-adjust down to solo. I kept at it firing the cannons and dragonater and 24 minutes later failed the mission and got nothing :(

Now I know if I'm ever doing that mission and the host DCs, to just bail the fuck out because it's probably unbeatable and just a waste of time at that point  :'(

At least I took down the Radabon V2 in Elder Recess in expedition prior to that. Just got the Azure Rathian and Lava Fish left there.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 03:44:58 AM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #447 on: February 26, 2018, 04:10:38 AM »
Was googling around for hammer upgrade/skills recommendations and saw that for slow weapons like hammer, raw damage > elemental/status affliction because you hit less. So basically instead of trying to make all these weapon branches (and grinding to get them) in the different elements to have an elemental weapon ready for each monster and their weakness, I should just stick to the boring high raw damage ones (mostly like Bone/Ore/non-monster mat parts). Good to know.

And yeah, I confirmed that if you're playing MP and it scales the enemy HP (after DEF increases) to effectively 2.3x-2.75x and if someone disconnects it doesn't re-scale back down, so you're left fighting solo against an enemy with 2-3x the HP bleh, seems like there should be a better way to handle that.

Bebpo

« Reply #448 on: February 27, 2018, 01:11:42 AM »
Man, grinding low rank monsters ain't fun at all in HR. I thought they would die in like 3-4 mins with a 1000 damage weapon, but tried fighting Pukei Pukei LR because I still need a LR shell for the hammer tree and my tailrider safaris aren't bringing it back, took me 15 mins across 3 locations I had to chase him and I didn't get a shell drop :|

I really don't like grinding in MH, it's only sorta fun in 4p because it's easier, faster and you're working as a team. Solo grinding is zzzzzzzzz.

Bebpo

« Reply #449 on: February 27, 2018, 01:39:20 AM »
Also, this is probably blasphemous to MH players, but I don't think the weapon tree should require you to have the previous weapon. The armor isn't a tree and you just grind whatever recent monster you want for gear that's effective where you're at. Weapons should be the same, you want a weapon? You grind the mats, the end. Why should you have to grind a bunch of low rank mats when you're far into the game just so you can make the base weapons to get to the weapon you actually want to build further down the tree? Seems kinda padded grind imo.

Unless the concept is that you just stick with one weapon tree from start to finish in a playthrough and you're only grinding the next step?

Fortus

« Reply #450 on: February 27, 2018, 02:52:36 AM »
You can backtrack your weapon's developement and you regain the mats used when you do so. If you want you can downgrade to the base form and collect everything you've put into it. It actually is kind of what you're asking for. Just go back to whatever branch you want to explore and start getting the specific mats to finish it out
pie

Bebpo

« Reply #451 on: February 27, 2018, 03:16:52 AM »
That doesn't help though because the different branches need different monsters.

Like if I'm running a Agajanth weapon tree -> Agajanth HR weapon tree and have rarity 6 fire Agajanth weapon. But now I want to make a water weapon to fight some fire monsters that are weak 3-star to water. Even if I backtrack that Agajanth rarity 6 weapon down to 1, I still need to grind a bunch of LR Plethy to get the mats for Water tree rarity 1-3, before I can get to HR water tree 4-6 even though I might have enough mats for Water Tree rarity 6 already.

Like right now where I'm at in HR, I have enough mats to make a ton of the rarity 6 weapons in various branches. But to make those rarity 6 weapons I need to grind LR rarities that they upgrade from and grinding LR monsters sucks when you're in HR.

Fortus

« Reply #452 on: February 27, 2018, 03:48:12 AM »
Well if you're going to specialize every facet of elemental damages...expect to grind each element? :D
Why not look for a more 'generic' or 'rounded' avenue and take it to the end to see how it fares? Why get peeved over something that might not matter in the end functionally speaking?
idk about Hammers but I have two Glaives I use. One is Datura Blade III for Sever damage (bonus Poisin damage if the Mon is susceptible) and the other is Hazak Entoma II for Blunt, Dragon and Elderseal. Before I start a mission I'll just check the Mon for whichever works best. If Sever or Poisin is go then I'll grab the Datura. If I need Blunt, Dragon or Elderseal the Entoma comes out to play. No one weapon will ever cover every base. Yes exploiting elemental weakness is a very worthy goal but many consider the game too easy as is, Capcom had to hide being OP behind some kind of roadblock yes? :P
pie

Freyj

« Reply #453 on: February 28, 2018, 11:27:16 AM »
Hit the credits roll. Not sure how much further I’ll push because I think I carted out on half the last four elders and came really close to doing so on Xeno’jiva. Want to at least try the Tempered mons, but I think I’m clearly in the grind elders for hours and hours for gems and plates and fangs phase.

kingv

« Reply #454 on: March 02, 2018, 08:00:11 AM »
I finally knocked down Diablos.

I had to do it solo, too many people tried to Leroy Jenkins when I was sending SOS’s.

I think I will need to bust out some investigations in the meantime though, I definitely need higher armor rating. He could still two shot me even on single player difficulty

Freyj

« Reply #455 on: March 04, 2018, 03:34:35 AM »
Why is XX only out on the Switch in Japan? I’m considering importing it, but that’s a serious missed opportunity with World selling so well.

Bebpo

« Reply #456 on: March 04, 2018, 03:45:27 AM »
It makes a lot of sense to me. They don’t want players coming into the series to pick up XX and go “wtf is all this cumbersome stuff and poor gfx, I guess I’m done with this franchise” and then not buying MHW2.

Not that XX is bad, but going back on some of the QoL improvements could definitely turn off people who started with World.

I’m still not really sure if MH is for me. Could never get into the old ones and while I like World, I don’t even know if I’ll finish the game. I don’t care for the grind much and too many of the monsters just feel like run around and do your strong attack/combo after each enemy move. 4p while fun is just like shallow mashing. I guess it doesn’t feel as precise an action game as I like with specific tight timing attacks and responses like a character action game. And yeah fighting stuff over and over with RNG feels like a waste of time for me.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:50:32 AM by Bebpo »

Freyj

« Reply #457 on: March 04, 2018, 01:36:43 PM »
I can’t see much of a good reason to grind before you at least have seen the credits roll. I did that with LR Anjanath only to ditch that gear pretty soon after. The grinding loop should be reserved for the absolute post game.

Tasty

« Reply #458 on: March 04, 2018, 05:46:11 PM »
Not that XX is bad, but going back on some of the QoL improvements could definitely turn off people who started with World.

Do you even know what those are, besides fireflies? :thinking

Bebpo

« Reply #459 on: March 04, 2018, 09:40:51 PM »

Do you even know what those are, besides fireflies? :thinking

Somewhat? I've read up a bit on the older games and the changes. Things like actually having to gather in the past games, and having to equip gear for gathering. Crafting was more complex and time consuming in the older ones. Had to make whetstones. Paintball tracking. There's probably a website that lists all the changes or something.

From what I hear, 100 hours of content in MHW would take about 200-300 hours in old monster hunter just because the extra time consuming stuff that adds 2x-3x time.

Idk, if I was in love with MHW I'd probably grab XX for Switch for the 90+ monsters and give it a run. But like I said, I'm not sure where I stand on if MH is for me after World. I think I'll probably finish it (only like 6 or so monsters away I think) and I'll probably pick up whatever G expansion/sequel, but considering I have very little interest in the post-game grind in World, I'm not sure I'll enjoy G-rank expansion and might play it for a few hours and bail until MHW2 and give it another shot.

Fortus

« Reply #460 on: March 04, 2018, 10:46:12 PM »
Bepbo try a different weapon maybe? If you're not really engaged with the core mechanics of actually felling a beast then just about everything is going to seem a grind. I love hunting so if I have to concentrate on a particular mon for something it's not that big a deal (unless the piece I need doesn't drop after half a dozen tries :lol) Go dual blades for a change of pace or even better try the horn out since you coop a lot
pie

Tasty

« Reply #461 on: March 04, 2018, 11:35:09 PM »
Paintball tracking was fine. You can buy whestones for 80z. The crafting system was grade-A and allowed you to bang out dozens of items in seconds. I never remember equipping specific gear to gather. And gathering is 50% of the term "hunter-gatherer" so I saw it as fairly appropriate (and now I'm perturbed learning that World's done away with it completely.)

Fortus

« Reply #462 on: March 05, 2018, 01:07:04 AM »
Paintball tracking was fine. You can buy whestones for 80z. The crafting system was grade-A and allowed you to bang out dozens of items in seconds. I never remember equipping specific gear to gather. And gathering is 50% of the term "hunter-gatherer" so I saw it as fairly appropriate (and now I'm perturbed learning that World's done away with it completely.)

There's plenty of gathering to do and World gives you some neat tools to supplant your efforts. You can grow flora and mushrooms in the Botanical Garden, you can send out Pallico Safaris to grab a bunch of mats, there's a regular stop by the Argosy which can net you any number of things (and you can have him hunt for specific types as well). You can mass produce items to your hearts content provided you have the ingredients. The crafting is alive and well though I can't speak to how it compares to more recent releases. The game certainly rewards dedication for both parts of 'hunter-gatherer'
pie

Bebpo

« Reply #463 on: March 05, 2018, 01:36:18 AM »
Bepbo try a different weapon maybe? If you're not really engaged with the core mechanics of actually felling a beast then just about everything is going to seem a grind. I love hunting so if I have to concentrate on a particular mon for something it's not that big a deal (unless the piece I need doesn't drop after half a dozen tries :lol) Go dual blades for a change of pace or even better try the horn out since you coop a lot

I do think this may be my problem. With the hammer all I do the entire game for every monster is run up and hit them on the head. Every fight is just: dodge move -> counter with a lvl.3 charged up hammer to the head. After a couple of times that'll dizzy them and then you run up and do another lvl.3 charged up hammer to the head once or twice. If they're in the air, shoot slinger at them or wait for them to come down and then lvl.3 charged up hammer to the head when they land. Occasionally if there's not enough time for a lvl.3 charge hammer, go for a lvl.2 charged hammer upswing.

Oh and everytime there's a sliding incline, go up the incline, hit charge and start sliding and then let go and do the spinning hammer at their head.

That's pretty much it. Attacking different parts of the monster? For 90% of the monsters their weakest point is just hitting them on the head. Can't slice stuff off like tails so don't bother with anything besides hitting them in the head.

Yeah, if I used other weapons the combat would probably have more depth. But since I'm so close to the end and don't want to craft an entire new weapon line and don't want to have to learn a new weapon, will just stick to the hammer for the rest of the fights. After I beat the main game if I'm not burnt out and over it completely I'll start trying different weapons.

I do find the combat fun, and more so in 4p just because it plays so smooth, but even fun combat over and over for grinding gets zzz

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #464 on: March 06, 2018, 11:32:23 AM »
I only really had mild difficult with three fights, and that mostly cause I play in PUGS and people are idiots.

Freyj

« Reply #465 on: March 07, 2018, 12:56:54 AM »
I solo everything and the two Tempered Bazel fight wasn’t noticeably different? They’re more aggressive but not to the degree I was expecting. Tempered seems like a good place to stop because the rewards really aren’t any different and even getting the investigations is a grind.

Need G Rank.

archie4208

« Reply #467 on: March 07, 2018, 03:46:53 PM »
Please be more than just Deviljho. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #468 on: March 07, 2018, 10:53:07 PM »
My son bought this while I was away. He says he'll let me play his copy.

Cool, I guess I'll let him continue playing on my playstation.

Purple Filth

« Reply #469 on: March 11, 2018, 03:14:17 AM »
Made it to High Rank

Now for the good stuff :aah :aah :aah

Also i think its time to get rid of that Low Rank Bone armor set i have been wearing  :beli

You didn't even have to buy whetstones as you will always have some in the supply box so it gives you a method to not use the amount you got and build it up after time, plus they will sometime be a mining reward.

Actually the gathering aspect is still there but it also gives the option for you to do all of that from the base via the Botanical Garden (its basically a souped up version of your Garden in the older MH games) and others like the melder (transmute materials using other materials) and the ship captain (purchase items he receives from his voyages).

Otherwise you can just go into a quest or expedition mode and just gather shit to your hearts content (which is even better since you have access to your main box and equipment while in the quest/expedition) .

Also you can hunt monsters in an expedition if you are feeling saucy (since they can leave the area after a certain amount of time)

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 03:43:33 AM by Purple Filth »

Freyj

« Reply #470 on: March 11, 2018, 11:24:20 AM »
Started playing MH4U to scratch the itch and honestly it’s very enjoyable aside from being on the 3DS. The Paintball mechanic is fine, gathering is fine, zones are fine. The controls just suck (a lot), but this is why I want XX on the Switch already.

I’d say playing World has made me more patient with things in 4U that might have turned me off initially.

I still dream of a remade 3U and 4U in the World engine, just for the controls.

Purple Filth

« Reply #471 on: March 11, 2018, 03:42:35 PM »
Started playing MH4U to scratch the itch and honestly it’s very enjoyable aside from being on the 3DS. The Paintball mechanic is fine, gathering is fine, zones are fine. The controls just suck (a lot), but this is why I want XX on the Switch already.

I’d say playing World has made me more patient with things in 4U that might have turned me off initially.

I still dream of a remade 3U and 4U in the World engine, just for the controls.

The cool thing with the zones is that you can use it to your advantage if you get in a hairy situation and need to escape.

But I love World getting rid of it though since it can ratchet up the tension when another monster invades while you are fighting your target and you need to get the fuck away or while gathering shit you see a monster that just arrived and it saw you.

Hell not too long ago after making high rank i was chilling in an ancient forest expedition right after capturing a Kula Ka-Ku in his resting place then suddenly a fucking Bazelgeuse appeared (its the first time i'm ever seeing him) in the same place and i bolted the hell out of there to camp with my low stamina   :o :lol
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 04:06:51 PM by Purple Filth »

Freyj

« Reply #472 on: March 11, 2018, 05:30:05 PM »
Yeah I could see how you could cheese zoning.

One other thing I forget to mention: the Charge Blade is god damned incredible and I’m definitely using it when I go back to World for Deviljho

Purple Filth

« Reply #473 on: March 12, 2018, 12:27:47 PM »
Yeah I could see how you could cheese zoning.

One other thing I forget to mention: the Charge Blade is god damned incredible and I’m definitely using it when I go back to World for Deviljho

That thing looks real complex but seems like a mixture of sword and shield and the switch axe which is pretty dope.

it's now on the list of potential of secondaries i want to use along with the Bow (Range), Lance (Range/Defense) and Gunlance (Defense/Range) 

Also was awesome hearing Vinny from Giant Bomb fanboying about it  :lol

Freyj

« Reply #474 on: March 12, 2018, 03:06:26 PM »
It is intimidating at first but I watched a few videos on GaijinHunters channel about it and I’d say it’s very approachable now. It has an insane amount of features and flexibility but you can also just find a groove between sword and axe mode that works for you and stick with it. The phials are the worst part but you can pay less strict attention to them when you know how moves alter the charging / usage of them.

I’m going to stick with 4U until the 3DS controls drive me crazy and then I’m importing XX on the Switch, language barrier be damned.

Tasty

« Reply #475 on: March 12, 2018, 03:46:11 PM »

Almost exactly word-for-word of what I've been telling Bebpo. :P

Do you mean the controls suck because lol handheld or some other reason?

Freyj

« Reply #476 on: March 12, 2018, 11:48:17 PM »
Mostly lol handheld but it’s absolutely the most noticeable thing coming from World. Camera is dog shit but the C Stick makes it bearable. X+A is kind of hard to hit on the 3DS sometimes, unlike Triangle + O from World.

I downloaded a demo of XX on Switch and was disappointed the game doesn’t make better use of ZL and ZR for more options, World-like sheathing, etc. The graphics and controls are more comfortable but it wouldn’t take much to make it feel more or less 1-to-1 with World on the Switch.

Bebpo

« Reply #477 on: March 13, 2018, 12:27:58 AM »

Almost exactly word-for-word of what I've been telling Bebpo. :P

Do you mean the controls suck because lol handheld or some other reason?

Andy, why don’t you just get a PS4 & World? There’s got to be some other stuff on PS4 you’re interested in.

Tasty

« Reply #478 on: March 13, 2018, 01:53:51 AM »
Yes, there is! And I intend to very soon.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #479 on: March 13, 2018, 03:36:38 AM »
Feels like we are crossing streams Tasty.