Author Topic: Dunkey  (Read 156839 times)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: Dunkey
« Reply #1320 on: September 23, 2022, 10:25:12 AM »
I want him to only publish terrible games on purpose like pee pee poo poo fart city
Uncle

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #1321 on: September 23, 2022, 10:29:32 AM »
Prediction: In 2024 his company will collapse in scandal as it's revealed he had an affair with the developer of a cooking game. The cooking game is trash, but she has the voice of a 7 year old so it gets top billing
:O

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1322 on: September 23, 2022, 10:37:37 AM »
Prediction: In 2024 his company will collapse in scandal as it's revealed he had an affair with the developer of a cooking game. The cooking game is trash, but she has the voice of a 7 year old so it gets top billing

dunkey deftly deflects the allegations by making an apologetic video owning up to completely different ridiculous allegations that no one made, and in the process advertises the next bigmode game, pee pee poo poo fart city 2
Uncle

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1323 on: September 23, 2022, 11:19:57 AM »
His wife already has the voice of a 7 year old :heh
(ice)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1324 on: September 23, 2022, 04:49:55 PM »
https://twitter.com/davemakes/status/1572749041360056320

Shitty game devs fuming. Try making a good game if you wanna get published by the dunk, losers.  :patel
After reading this guys multiple long threads on this, I'm not sure that he understands what publishing actually entails either. He seems to be attacking Dunkey for not having put his business plan in the video and instead putting in the video his intentions on why he intends his publishing service to be different. He also seems completely to be unaware that massive publishers also base decisions on "having played lots of games and only endorsing good ones", Ubisoft for example does not make every decision based on this (especially when licenses are involved like Avatar) but Ubisoft does employ a single executive in the role of playing prototypes and rejecting or endorsing them purely on gameplay grounds before they can continue on in development. The Division came about partly because of this executives choices on gameplay concepts that Massive submitted, if not for this executives endorsement the project that turned into The Division never would have happened and they would have been turned into a Far Cry franchise helping studio. Once he signed off on The Division, it was then that the other executives started looking at whether or not stuff like the Tom Clancy franchise could fit the concept which eventually led to paring the two and The Division as we know it came about.

Also, he eventually got to what seems to be his actual major complaint with Dunkey:
https://twitter.com/davemakes/status/1573133533140643840

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1325 on: September 23, 2022, 07:15:34 PM »
this is ignoring the 1300 tweets where he explicitly supported lgb people
Uncle

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1326 on: September 23, 2022, 07:23:36 PM »
I was under the impression that a heterosexual fat man should stay in his lane and never comment in such issues :thinking

We need a Roddy Piper emote for when woke people suddenly change the rules, like the 'just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions' promo/segment.
(ice)

Tasty

« Reply #1327 on: September 24, 2022, 01:15:34 PM »

Shitty game devs fuming. Try making a good game if you wanna get published by the dunk, losers.  :patel
After reading this guys multiple long threads on this, I'm not sure that he understands what publishing actually entails either. He seems to be attacking Dunkey for not having put his business plan in the video and instead putting in the video his intentions on why he intends his publishing service to be different. He also seems completely to be unaware that massive publishers also base decisions on "having played lots of games and only endorsing good ones", Ubisoft for example does not make every decision based on this (especially when licenses are involved like Avatar) but Ubisoft does employ a single executive in the role of playing prototypes and rejecting or endorsing them purely on gameplay grounds before they can continue on in development. The Division came about partly because of this executives choices on gameplay concepts that Massive submitted, if not for this executives endorsement the project that turned into The Division never would have happened and they would have been turned into a Far Cry franchise helping studio. Once he signed off on The Division, it was then that the other executives started looking at whether or not stuff like the Tom Clancy franchise could fit the concept which eventually led to paring the two and The Division as we know it came about.

Also, he eventually got to what seems to be his actual major complaint with Dunkey:

This whole "inaction is actively malicious" kick the youngs and/or the libs are pushing lately makes no sense to me. It's not scalable at all, both on the individual (I need to be screaming about my beliefs 24/7) and societal levels (everyone needs to be screaming?)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1328 on: September 24, 2022, 01:18:31 PM »
The idea that you can't start a game company just because you like video games is fucking stupid.

99% of the biggest game companies that exist today were created because the founder liked video games.
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1329 on: September 24, 2022, 01:25:30 PM »
also just in general that no one should ever try to make a new company because it's hard, instead they should support the status quo of huge faceless exploitive shitty corporations forever
Uncle

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1330 on: September 24, 2022, 01:40:11 PM »

This whole "inaction is actively malicious" kick the youngs and/or the libs are pushing lately makes no sense to me. It's not scalable at all, both on the individual (I need to be screaming about my beliefs 24/7) and societal levels (everyone needs to be screaming?)

Shockingly different people have different priorities of what they care about, just because people arent banging on about your pet cause all the time doesn't mean that they're against whatever it is.

Plus, working yourself up into a hate boner for some dude off YouTube that they've probably never met or interacted (outside of maybe replying to a tweet) with because he doesn't talk about what you want him to talk about is fucking insane.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 01:48:25 PM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

benjipwns

« Reply #1331 on: September 24, 2022, 08:57:46 PM »
It's a disconnect between the costs of posting something on Twitter (almost nil), the benefits of posting something on Twitter (almost nil) and a desire for a certain subset of the population that lives on Twitter to fit everyone into boxes of either Entirely Good or Entirely Bad. Dunkey posting about any of this doesn't do anything but change who his audience is, but for people who are obsessed with the topic his not posting means they can't tell which box he fits in so they're afraid if they should be in his audience or not.

Also we know at this point that anything is never enough, Dunkey posting sometimes on the topic would be held against him ("oh, he only posts during Pride Month? He only posts about his queer friends? Why hasn't Dunkey posted about student loans? Does Dunkey not care about Ukraine?"), instead until Dunkey submits his entire being to The Cause he's suspect and therefore probably Entirely Bad so everything he does should he be viewed through that lens. No matter what support he may have shown in the past at some point there will always be new reasons to demand he stop focusing on whatever he wants to focus on and wear the ribbon. They want a permanent claim on Dunkey's Twitter existence. (And it will expand from there.)

It's really fascinating how much Modern Twitter facilitates authoritarian (and cult) practices and I'm surprised there's seemingly so little research being done about it.

Tasty

« Reply #1332 on: September 24, 2022, 09:48:23 PM »
I'm surprised there's seemingly so little research being done about it.

I'm not, Twitter sucks shit and anyone with a shred of IQ doesn't bother with it.

benjipwns

« Reply #1333 on: September 24, 2022, 10:23:36 PM »
I'm surprised there's seemingly so little research being done about it.

I'm not, Twitter sucks shit and anyone with a shred of IQ doesn't bother with it.
Yeah, but there's gobs on academics spending all day on it. Studies about Facebook don't seem that rare, lots of people spend research time on more obscure versions of things Twitter does like Gab or whatever, etc.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1334 on: October 02, 2022, 11:50:53 PM »
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #1335 on: October 03, 2022, 12:21:50 PM »
I literally snarfed out my water at that DMC4 bit.  :rofl

Tasty

« Reply #1336 on: October 03, 2022, 06:31:33 PM »
No one does dramatic death scenes better than Capcom.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1337 on: October 04, 2022, 08:04:49 PM »
I'll admit that I like Dunkey's humor, and wish him luck.

I will also admit, as a developer who has walked the walk for 28 years in both the US and Japan, that "publicly snarky game enthusiast turned game developer" tears are the most delicious drink. A finer dram than even Macallan 18.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1338 on: October 05, 2022, 03:48:12 PM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1339 on: October 14, 2022, 03:31:04 PM »
What

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1340 on: October 15, 2022, 02:46:15 PM »
They should have hired Dunkey to develop Overwatch 2 tbh
©@©™

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1341 on: October 15, 2022, 02:48:38 PM »
Looks like they've really fucked that game up, I'm kinda surprised that uncle Bobby didn't make Blizzard put it out for full price though.
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1342 on: October 19, 2022, 05:00:02 AM »

:lol :lol
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1343 on: October 24, 2022, 04:53:31 PM »
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1344 on: October 24, 2022, 09:06:03 PM »
YT comment:
This game is so immersive to be honest- makes you feel like you are actually making an activision account.

ど助平

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1345 on: October 25, 2022, 05:24:50 AM »
Why does Bobby kotick suddenly wanna dox everyone :donot

HOT CONSPIRACY THEORY: It's an MS directive so they can sell the data and make some of their money back, and also to spy on you

:info BILL GATES WILL HACK INTO YOUR PHONE AND WATCH YOU MASTURBATE, ITS RIGHT HERE IN THE DOCUMENTS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 05:32:53 AM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #1346 on: October 25, 2022, 10:01:20 AM »
Why does Bobby kotick suddenly wanna dox everyone :donot

HOT CONSPIRACY THEORY: It's an MS directive so they can sell the data and make some of their money back, and also to spy on you

:info BILL GATES WILL HACK INTO YOUR PHONE AND WATCH YOU MASTURBATE, ITS RIGHT HERE IN THE DOCUMENTS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
:hesright
He wants to know if you're a straight shooter, so he can see if he can hire you to comply and join the force vaccinate and eat bugs task force...  you know, akin to The Last Starfighter?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1347 on: October 31, 2022, 04:06:11 PM »
What

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #1348 on: November 01, 2022, 10:19:36 AM »
Never heard of that game before, but very good video.
:O

Svejk

« Reply #1349 on: November 01, 2022, 10:46:49 AM »
Holy shit... that was fucking brilliant.  :rofl :rofl :rofl  Literal tears came out of my face from laughing.

That made Shenmue 3 look like a modern art masterpiece.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1350 on: November 01, 2022, 11:22:12 AM »
I unironically like Heavy Rain.

Even with the spotty writing and horrible Frenchy voice actors it was still a lot of fun  :idont
Margs

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1351 on: November 01, 2022, 12:02:56 PM »
Just allow yourself to become Cagepilled and enjoy the madness.
©@©™

paprikastaude

« Reply #1352 on: November 01, 2022, 02:33:25 PM »
never forget

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1353 on: November 01, 2022, 02:46:50 PM »
I unironically like Heavy Rain.

Even with the spotty writing and horrible Frenchy voice actors it was still a lot of fun  :idont

same, it was a fun ride and thats all you can ask for :elon
(ice)

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1354 on: November 01, 2022, 03:13:34 PM »
The full Heavy Rain Fail Every Prompt Chase Scene QTE is one of the masterpieces of videogaming and cinema history.

©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1355 on: November 08, 2022, 06:29:59 PM »
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #1356 on: November 13, 2022, 04:28:58 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1357 on: November 13, 2022, 05:11:05 PM »
That last bit showing the user score being equal to or higher than games like Super Mario Odyssey and Elden Ring  :lol :rofl

:dead
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1358 on: November 13, 2022, 08:11:32 PM »
Looks like it has less bugs than a typical 3D Sonic  :lol
That last bit showing the user score being equal to or higher than games like Super Mario Odyssey and Elden Ring  :lol :rofl

Makes sense, you can’t yiff to Mario Odyssey or Elden Ring.
🍆🍆

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1359 on: November 13, 2022, 10:18:51 PM »

It is widely known that Sonic fans are distinguished mentally-challenged, so why would that be a surprise?
Spud

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1360 on: November 14, 2022, 09:38:28 AM »
Looks like it has less bugs than a typical 3D Sonic  :lol

Makes sense, you can’t yiff to Mario Odyssey or Elden Ring.

I see you are unfamiliar with Blaidd fanart.
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1361 on: November 14, 2022, 05:56:48 PM »
Cant believe I never saw this CLASSIC Dunkey video

Still relevant today!
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1362 on: November 21, 2022, 11:11:24 AM »
What

paprikastaude

« Reply #1363 on: November 27, 2022, 09:53:01 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1364 on: December 04, 2022, 04:12:48 PM »
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #1365 on: December 11, 2022, 03:47:19 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1366 on: December 11, 2022, 05:31:28 PM »
Rare's 90's music team was second to none.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1367 on: December 17, 2022, 09:49:11 AM »

More DK
🤴

Beezy

« Reply #1368 on: December 21, 2022, 06:13:20 PM »
I love this one. Jungle Beat was fun as hell.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1369 on: December 21, 2022, 06:25:02 PM »
I have fond memories of Donkey Konga too.

A buddy of mine had it back in the day, we played it along Wario Ware on the GameCube in between matches of Melee and Soul Calibur 2.
As far as local multiplayer was concerned the GameCube was the shit.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1370 on: December 26, 2022, 04:18:19 AM »
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1371 on: December 28, 2022, 04:26:46 PM »

:cry
🤴

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1372 on: December 31, 2022, 01:07:28 AM »
I'll wait to watch this video when it's re-released with a New Funky Mode.
©@©™

paprikastaude

« Reply #1373 on: January 01, 2023, 04:18:34 PM »
TF pretty overrated in retrospect. DKC2>

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1374 on: January 08, 2023, 03:55:55 PM »
What

Svejk

« Reply #1375 on: January 08, 2023, 08:16:54 PM »
Wth was that Xbox Series Z thing??  :neo

Tasty

« Reply #1376 on: January 08, 2023, 09:15:47 PM »
Some ethical lines getting blurred here I feel.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1377 on: January 09, 2023, 09:05:16 AM »
A YouTuber doing ethically dubious shit?  :titus
Margs

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1378 on: January 09, 2023, 11:14:15 AM »
suuuuuuuper maaaaaario 2 baaaaaybeeeeee

Wth was that Xbox Series Z thing??  :neo

It was a video mockup some tiktokker made

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1379 on: January 09, 2023, 11:27:55 AM »
Some ethical lines getting blurred here I feel.
That was the pitch. You trust his recs when he doesn't have a financial incentive? Trust his tacit recs when he does have one. EZ.