Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2: 2Red 2Redemptive  (Read 51974 times)

eleuin

• perennial loser
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: 2Red 2Redemptive
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2018, 06:12:22 PM »
really wish I had a ps pro rn  :goty2

apparently it's also 2 discs? 4 hour install time incoming  :beli

kingv

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2018, 07:00:35 PM »
I got the physical coming for Xbox. Sounds like the day 1 patch is only 3.3GB... but install time will be long af.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2018, 09:02:58 PM »
OH!

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2018, 09:03:47 PM »
Trying to muster all my willpower to avoid leaked footage. It's really fucking hard, y'all.

Svejk

« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2018, 09:05:18 AM »
I don't get this game... besides killing and robbing, everything else I can (and mostly have done) in real life.  Same ol' R* with a new coat of paint I suppose.  Ya'll enjoy yoself.  Game sure looks purdy.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2018, 09:25:04 AM »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2018, 09:52:50 AM »
Watching the 1939 movie Stagecoach now. Them charming rear screen projections while riding the stagecoach.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2018, 10:26:03 AM »
https://kotaku.com/red-dead-redemption-2-the-kotaku-review-1829984369

From tip to tail, Red Dead Redemption 2 is a profound, glorious downer. It is the rare blockbuster video game that seeks to move players not through empowering gameplay and jubilant heroics, but by relentlessly forcing them to confront decay and despair. It has no heroes, only flawed men and women fighting viciously to survive in a world that seems destined to destroy them.

jerkoffmotion.gif

©ZH

El Babua

« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2018, 11:20:07 AM »

I'll wait for PC. Wouldn't be able to deal with blurry PS4 image considering I have real native 4k hardware now  :doge

kingv

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2018, 01:20:29 PM »
Glad I got it for the x1x.

It’s pretty impressive considering you can get a X1X rdr2 and another game for less than a 2070.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2018, 01:27:49 PM »
This game is making my Protato 4 sound like it's actually exploding.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2018, 01:31:24 PM »
Ah, the joys of aging blower fans.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2018, 01:33:33 PM »
Welp, may day 1 this
:9

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2018, 01:48:09 PM »
I think I will hold off till I get an X on this one.  :whew

kingv

« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2018, 02:13:02 PM »
I think I will hold off till I get an X on this one.  :whew

Can’t trade in an OG Xbox one for $200 towards an x at GameStop right now and they have a bundle with rdr2 and fallout 76 for $460.

I told my bro in law to take advantage. I think you get $250 if it’s a one S

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2018, 03:22:13 PM »
That's not a bad deal, i was waiting for black friday but doubt will find better. Will check out.

*edit* Called GS and they said offers don't stack. The $200 trade for a XO is still pretty tempting though.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 03:40:48 PM by Akala »

kingv

« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2018, 06:04:42 PM »
Really? So you can’t trade in the x1x towards the bundle but only towards the $499 one with no games?

Ducking GameStop man. That makes no sense.

It’s still not an awful deal, but $260 out of pocket with two new games is a really good deal

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2018, 06:05:59 PM »
Game is pretty cool so far. Certainly has the same weighty feel to it, with your guy feeling like Geralt at times moving around. I don't really mind it, but it's one of those things some people truly hate about rockstar games. They also double down hard on showing all animations and more boring sequences, which I at times wished I could just skip in the first one.

But man it feels good to ride out on a mission, the world is obviously great and it just chill as fuck to ride your horse around. They nailed that even better than the first one.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2018, 06:49:37 PM »
looking at getting a second hand console for this, and goddamn, x1x is about $100 more retail here than PS4 pro, but the secondary market for the x1x has bottomed out. 5 of em selling locally starting at a dollar reserve, some recently closed sold for a little over 300  :lol less than half the retail here. guess I'm getting an x1x for this  :doge
◕‿◕

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2018, 06:49:44 PM »
Bought an xbox one to play this today

sold my dreamcast for 200 euro's  :o :o :o

Fuck it I need to play this

its installing now
What

kingv

« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2018, 10:05:52 PM »
That's not a bad deal, i was waiting for black friday but doubt will find better. Will check out.

*edit* Called GS and they said offers don't stack. The $200 trade for a XO is still pretty tempting though.

I sent a pm but can’t tell if it went through correctly. My  bil got both to stack, I guess the trade in works towards the state of decay bundle, and then rdr2 knocks off another hundred when bought with the console. I’d say you have decent odds of getting the deal as long as the employee on that day isn’t a dick.

Edit: not sure if you’re in Vegas with your tag, but my bil is, so if you are I can probably hit you with the exact GameStop he went to

mormapope

« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2018, 12:57:33 AM »
The gunplay feels sooooooooooooooooo much better than GTA V thank god! Using free aim and it feels a lot better. In between RDR1 and Max Payne 3 Id say.
OH!

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2018, 07:38:07 AM »
fuck all this snow
itm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2018, 07:42:46 AM »
I'll wait for PC. Wouldn't be able to deal with blurry PS4 image considering I have real native 4k hardware now  :doge

They're not doing a PC version and IIRC like the original have already said they have no plans to release a port. 

WHY
ど助平

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2018, 09:06:52 AM »
I bet they are planning down the line for double dipping. Seems like a good game but fuck Rockstar though, gonna get it second hand or some discount for Christmas.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2018, 09:41:25 AM »
It's been 6 years and it's finally here!!!!1 :hyper
©ZH

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2018, 09:47:32 AM »
Tfw you get RDR2 but all you really want is a proper call of juarez game.  :(

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2018, 09:49:55 AM »
Or a sequel to Gun.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2018, 10:00:35 AM »

They're not doing a PC version and IIRC like the original have already said they have no plans to release a port. 

WHY
Meh. GTAV sold like hotcakes once it finally hit PC more than a year later. T2 would be stupid to not milk this cash cow. Right now, it's in their best interest to say "no", just to not cut into console sales. I won't believe for one second that they'll follow the pattern of Red Dead games not coming to PC "just because."

As for why the previous Red Dead didn't get one:
“Amazing news, I'm buying L.A. Noire [for PC] day one! But why no plans for Red Dead Redemption? I would buy that too… and I have a looot of friends who would do the same!” - Andysk8
“Has Rockstar abandoned the PC platform???” - Simbala

We hope that with the announcement that L.A. Noire is coming to PC this fall, and the knowledge that our next big game Max Payne 3 will have a PC release (plus that we’ve released both Grand Theft Auto IV and the Episodes from Liberty City for PC), we can finally put to rest any misconceptions that we’ve ‘abandoned the PC platform’. We do know that, yes, there is just one title absent from our PC release plans – that game of course being Red Dead Redemption, and of course we’re well aware that some fans have been asking for it. All we can say is that whenever it is viable (technically, developmentally and business-wise) for us to release a game for PC (or any other particular platform)  – we will and we usually do; unfortunately, that is just not the case 100% of the time for all platforms. To PC gamers, we hope that between the Grand Theft Auto titles, and the forthcoming L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3, you’ll have plenty of great Rockstar action to enjoy.
Make of that what you will. I've heard it said before that Red Dead was so hacked together that it would have been too difficult/expensive at the time (and that technical issues were in part to blame for the infamous crunch and subsequent "Rockstar wives" story), but I find it hard to believe that a company with their resources can't make it happen. But then they still haven't, after all this time, so... /shrug

If the reasons really are technical, I would love to see a detailed overview of just how much of a hackjob Red Dead was.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 10:56:37 AM by Rufus »

mormapope

« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2018, 10:23:57 AM »
I got to Chapter 2. This is definitely a slower paced game compared to the majority of major games nowadays. I love the slower pacing myself. The writing and characterization feels a lot more mature for a Rockstar game, great stuff.

Like, I have only good things to say after a few hours. Many people are not enjoying the slow burn style of this game.

OH!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2018, 10:25:59 AM »
Overrated game, "The first one was better"

Calling it
fat

mormapope

« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2018, 10:45:10 AM »
Overrated game, "The first one was better"

Calling it

:foodcourt

If you find RDR1 to be a better game than RDR2, that's some basic bitch shit. One is rooted in the GTA3 styled Rockstar formula, while the other feels like a big step forward for open world games.
OH!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2018, 10:47:03 AM »
You'll see, give it time
fat

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2018, 10:54:04 AM »
My biggest problem so far is the levelgating. Feel like I'm still in tutorial territory 4 hours in. Maybe wasn't the smartest idea to play a bunch of Breath of the Wild beforehand.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2018, 10:57:40 AM »

Wait...why?  Why not just play it on PS4?
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2018, 10:59:50 AM »
I assume he means the One X which runs the game at 4k with basically a locked 30fps.

mormapope

« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2018, 11:08:48 AM »
You'll see, give it time

If someone was around 12 or something and RDR1 was their first open world game, that opinion would make sense. If you're a fan of open world games or Rockstar games, have played all of their major releases, RDR2 feels like a fundamentally different game in the genre.

"RDR1 is better than RDR2" would be similar to saying "GTA3 is better than San Andreas". The scope, mechanics, and features in RDR2 obliterate what's in RDR1.
OH!

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2018, 11:15:27 AM »

Wait...why?  Why not just play it on PS4?

I sold my ps4 awhile ago after obtaining a decent enough pc that outperformed ps4 games..

I played almost all exclusives except anything from GoW until the rest of the year I think. So yea
What

Rahxephon91

« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2018, 11:27:53 AM »
I wonder if all the attention to detail and immersion stuff will get in the way of a it being a fun game.

mormapope

« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2018, 11:36:37 AM »
I wonder if all the attention to detail and immersion stuff will get in the way of a it being a fun game.

If you don't care about attention to detail and immersion in the games you play, don't get RDR2. If you want a brisk, action packed, set piece filled open world game, RDR2 doesn't fit that criteria. Its a slowly paced survival RPG action hybrid, this is not a typical AAA game.
OH!

El Babua

« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2018, 12:08:55 PM »
Rockstar hasn't outright denied a PC version. From what I've surmised, they would have to rebuild the entire game of RDR1 from the ground up in order for it to work on any other hardware (that includes PS4 and XBO). That's why we haven't seen a "Remaster" even though it would have been a very easy decision financially for them to do so.

Them not announcing it makes sense, probably waiting for the nex gen consoles to be out before they even announce it on PC though. :doge

Seeing all the cool lighting and shadowing in the DF video. This game seems like a prime candidate for some RTX support.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2018, 12:32:48 PM »

If you don't care about attention to detail and immersion in the games you play, don't get RDR2. If you want a brisk, action packed, set piece filled open world game, RDR2 doesn't fit that criteria. Its a slowly paced survival RPG action hybrid, this is not a typical AAA game.
I mean I was pretty immersed and felt there was plenty of detail in the first one. Which also allowed you to carry a buttload of weapons.

I’ve only played maybe an hour or two so I haven’t seen what this survival stuff your talking about is. But all the talk of all the little mechanics seem like it could get tedious. Nice animation is nice, but sometimes I just want to loot someone and move on.

mormapope

« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2018, 01:53:45 PM »
I'm excited for RDR2 as much as the next guy but damn chill on the shilling, Morma.

I've been a huge fan of Rockstar shit since GTA3, I've played every major Rockstar release day 1. Im passionate about playing and critiquing what they make. So if someone shitposts, on a gaming forum that has a drip feed rate of posting, I'm going balls out with my retorts.

Im a fan of Rockstar shit, I didn't buy RDR2 due to everyone being excited about it. If you're as excited as the next guy, buy and play the game instead of shit talking my posts.
OH!

kingv

« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2018, 02:07:19 PM »
Eh, after 15 minutes, I’d say buy it if you  care about the size of your horse testicles. But otherwise Ubisoft has really already perfected the open world formula and any of the assassins creed games are far superior.

:doge

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2018, 02:24:14 PM »
i was really looking forward to this and so far i'm pretty bored. there's a whole lot of holding x to watch guys ride horses for minutes at a time, like the GTA expository dialogue car rides but you don't even have to steer. whole thing feels weirdly on-rails so far

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2018, 02:28:22 PM »
Game seems to open up at chapter 2. Still doesn't give you the whole world to explore though.

The press x to watch some dialogue play out was also there in the first game. At least I didn't have to do a fucking cowherding mission yet.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2018, 02:40:05 PM »
I'm excited for RDR2 as much as the next guy but damn chill on the shilling, Morma.

I've been a huge fan of Rockstar shit since GTA3, I've played every major Rockstar release day 1. Im passionate about playing and critiquing what they make. So if someone shitposts, on a gaming forum that has a drip feed rate of posting, I'm going balls out with my retorts.

Im a fan of Rockstar shit, I didn't buy RDR2 due to everyone being excited about it. If you're as excited as the next guy, buy and play the game instead of shit talking my posts.
Shitposting? Ok dude.

This is a valid question. As pretty much the same thing happen to GTA4 which shifted tone and priorities  and effected mission design. Making for a pretty divisive game.

As someone who has also played every Rockstar game since three and is also a fan. I appreciate thier games, but I’m also aware when they are up thier own ass.

mormapope

« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2018, 03:01:48 PM »

Shitposting? Ok dude.

This is a valid question. As pretty much the same thing happen to GTA4 which shifted tone and priorities  and effected mission design. Making for a pretty divisive game.

As someone who has also played every Rockstar game since three and is also a fan. I appreciate thier games, but I’m also aware when they are up thier own ass.

Wasn't talking about you, Demi laid a really steamy shit post.

OH!

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2018, 03:23:49 PM »
Now we can all get hyped for the much awaited Uniracers sequel.

kingv

« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2018, 07:18:14 PM »
i was really looking forward to this and so far i'm pretty bored. there's a whole lot of holding x to watch guys ride horses for minutes at a time, like the GTA expository dialogue car rides but you don't even have to steer. whole thing feels weirdly on-rails so far

I’ve only put in maybe 45 minutes and it’s prrtty heavy on cutscenes and slow animations.

I’m still open minded but the pacing so far is not that interesting.

mormapope

« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2018, 07:48:31 PM »
I actually thought about the launch of big Rockstar games, and how me and my deceased brother would play and bond right when the games came out. It made me think about my brother and made me quite sad, he loved older GTA games, he loved Max Payne. I wish he got to see how far this genre has gone. These are just videogames, but I forgot how me and my brother used to connect.

And then I think about this thread on The Bore, where me calling out an incredibly obvious troll post, discusssing how this new RDR is a slow game, I get called a Rockstar shill for showing a semblance of a fuck about this game, what this game is.

I was expecting this thread to at least be an okay thread to discuss this game, but nope! Rhax and Seagrams, you're fine, you have legit criticism and concerns and you guys voiced those opinons in non shitty ways.

You Wrath, should find the gnarliest and largest dick possible and choke on it. You put me in the sourest of moods and you can truthfully fuck off. Can't even talk about a fucking videogame without someone trying to devalue any shit I post about it immediately.

The shill is leaving this thread. Have fun guys.
OH!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2018, 08:22:10 PM »
I actually thought about the launch of big Rockstar games, and how me and my deceased brother would play and bond right when the games came out. It made me think about my brother and made me quite sad, he loved older GTA games, he loved Max Payne. I wish he got to see how far this genre has gone. These are just videogames, but I forgot how me and my brother used to connect.

And then I think about this thread on The Bore, where me calling out an incredibly obvious troll post, discusssing how this new RDR is a slow game, I get called a Rockstar shill for showing a semblance of a fuck about this game, what this game is.

I was expecting this thread to at least be an okay thread to discuss this game, but nope! Rhax and Seagrams, you're fine, you have legit criticism and concerns and you guys voiced those opinons in non shitty ways.

You Wrath, should find the gnarliest and largest dick possible and choke on it. You put me in the sourest of moods and you can truthfully fuck off. Can't even talk about a fucking videogame without someone trying to devalue any shit I post about it immediately.

The shill is leaving this thread. Have fun guys.

I love you
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2018, 08:33:20 PM »
 :fbm
ど助平

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #113 on: October 26, 2018, 08:41:59 PM »

I’ve only put in maybe 45 minutes and it’s prrtty heavy on cutscenes and slow animations.

I’m still open minded but the pacing so far is not that interesting.
yeah the animation thing is weird. the part where you
spoiler (click to show/hide)
pick up john marston
[close]
was especially odd. the control was really weird, so i tried wandering off the cliff to see if it was possible, and eventually no matter what direction i pushed the stick i walked to the point i was supposed to go to continue.  there are a couple points before that suggested that you weren't allowed be 'out of bounds' of scenario they want you to be in
spoiler (click to show/hide)
returning from the hunting mission, i shot at the bear much to my buddies chagrin, it charged and killed me, and after reloading the checkpoint it either skipped that encounter entirely or loaded outside of the town i was supposed to be at
[close]

not to say i'm writing it off after ~3 hours but that and the pacing are kind of surprising and a bit of a turn off out of the gate

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2018, 12:53:51 AM »
Yeah, Chapter 1 is pretty much an on-rails tutorial.

On Chapter 2 now and it's finally feeling like RDR

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2018, 02:14:35 AM »

:phil
itm

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2018, 11:30:58 AM »
Rockstar really wants you to holster those guns.

L2 being the aim and interact button  :snoop

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2018, 12:40:51 PM »
So I've watched the first ~2h of a Let's Play.

:snore

May download once it hits PS+