Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2: 2Red 2Redemptive  (Read 51964 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: 2Red 2Redemptive
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2018, 12:42:44 PM »
The first two hours and even longer beyond that is a tutorial for sure. But its a nice buildup and you can get to know some of the characters in the game.

This game is fucking amazing, 16 hours in.
What

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2018, 12:45:34 PM »
Well maybe, but I'm not going to blow sixty buckaroos on a game that has hours of intro / tutorial. The fuck is this, a Nintendo game?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2018, 01:24:43 PM »
Well maybe, but I'm not going to blow sixty buckaroos on a game that has hours of intro / tutorial. The fuck is this, a Nintendo game?

Aight that's your loss bro :)

Game is like a hundred hours long easily.
What

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2018, 01:58:37 PM »
That's a lot of hours for a pony simulator.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2018, 01:58:58 PM »
I have so much fun just playing poker. Chapter 2 really is where the game feels like RDR again.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2018, 01:59:48 PM »
I hate losing my fucking hat though.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2018, 02:17:31 PM »
Rockstar really wants you to holster those guns.

L2 being the aim and interact button  :snoop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A0uSOHDRXU&t=19m02s

:lol :lol :lol

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2018, 02:33:31 PM »
I hate losing my fucking hat though.

you can always retrieve it from your horse :)
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2018, 02:34:11 PM »
I have so much fun just playing poker. Chapter 2 really is where the game feels like RDR again.

next gen poker

lenny?!

so damn good
What

Rahxephon91

« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2018, 03:15:04 PM »
It does get better in chapter 2.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2018, 03:58:52 PM »
Is there a way to check time played in the ps4 version?

Beezy

« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2018, 06:18:18 PM »
I turn on my Xbox to play Forza Horizon 4 and I see that this is installed. I didn't buy it. Neither did my nephew who is the only person who I've ever linked accounts with. Starting my playthrough now. :confused :gladbron

Anyone ever had something similar happen to them?

archie4208

« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2018, 08:34:35 PM »
I'm kinda bored to be honest.  I like the world and atmosphere, but everything feels so slow and tedious to do.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2018, 08:48:08 PM »
I’m loving it. The drunk Lenny mission is probably the old thing in a video game that had me literally lol’ing.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2018, 09:04:06 PM »
Holy fuck, I am in love with this game. It looks fucking amazing on the XboneX at 4k.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2018, 09:12:09 PM »
Yeah the game is fucking beautiful.

I just beat a man to death for his hat. But you can’t keep the hat. If you lose it then it’s gone forever. I should have posted this in the struggle thread

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2018, 11:45:47 PM »
I'm kinda bored to be honest.  I like the world and atmosphere, but everything feels so slow and tedious to do.

I feel like there's a lot of stuff I want to do but doing it would take about 10% of my total time playing and the rest would be getting there and dealing with some bullshit cutscenes.
itm

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2018, 05:03:18 AM »
Riding my canoo out to a huge lake and fishing for hours!

Then come back to land, make a little campfire and roast them

ahh this game man.
What

archie4208

« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2018, 09:28:53 AM »
I like random events a lot.  I've only seen a handful of them, but they all were pretty interesting so far.

I feel like there's a lot of stuff I want to do but doing it would take about 10% of my total time playing and the rest would be getting there and dealing with some bullshit cutscenes.
Yeah I appreciate the game trying to be a cowboy sim, but there are some things that seem to prioritize authenticity over fun.  I mean for fucks sake the prey I can kill can decompose if I don't sell it quick enough?  I'm simultaneously impressed and annoyed by something as small as that.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2018, 11:47:34 AM »
I love that. To me it’s like a mini game to get it back in time. I love that my shot placement and weapon determine how good the meat and hide is.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2018, 01:40:15 PM »
Is there anything in the game to help you find the collectibles. The treasure maps at least give you a drawing of what you should be looking for.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2018, 04:17:35 PM »
God this game is so good

here are some shots I took with mah phone sorry no captures

What

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2018, 04:37:32 PM »
Fuck I should probably get this

kingv

« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2018, 06:18:14 PM »
So far it’s pretty damn immersive. Some of that immersion might get old 20 hours in, but I’m liking what I’ve played so far.

The graphics on Xbox one x are truly amazing. It passes for a movie or a photograph at times.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 06:27:08 PM by kingv »

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2018, 06:52:54 PM »
I wonder how it looks like on a Pro? Do they use checkboard rendering? I googled a bit and found some console wars reddit post and too lazy to look more. I ain't buying a box just for this.  :doge

edit: It has no cb rendering.  :yuck
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 07:26:32 PM by Nabbis »

El Babua

« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2018, 07:30:18 PM »
Some weird ass vertical upscaling that blurs the image + a blurry ass TAA implementation :scust

El Babua

« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2018, 07:31:25 PM »
Also, might get this on PS4 anyway cause I'll have no new games for the holidays after I beat DQXI  :doge

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2018, 08:13:26 PM »
I haven’t been fishing yet. I’ve hunted a lot. I got killed by the legendary bear once. I was tracking it and then I hear a growl from the right via surround sound. I spin to see the bear looking at me. I pullout the lever action but before I can get a bullet in the chamber he’s on me and tearing me to pieces. Shit was intense dude. I’ll get that fucker eventually. 

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2018, 08:23:06 PM »
i'm enjoying it a lot more in ch 2 now that i'm not as tethered to the main story. i'm enjoying that a lot too, the bar scene was great.
these controls though sometimes, eesh. i saved a guy in a tree from a mountain lion and when he climbed down i accidentally stuck my revolver in his face when i just wanted to talk to him lol

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2018, 08:53:01 PM »
Yeah they should have thought that out better. I do it all the time trying to interact with someone and instead drawing on them. I’m also so used to r2 being the drive button that when I get on my horse I sometimes shoot shit.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2018, 10:53:37 PM »
I'm really looking forward to Grand Theft Horsey.

I can't believe I'm not buying it yet, but I really, really want to finish Horizon Zero Dawn and maybe even Arkham Knight before this, and I just KNOW RDR2 is gonna own my spare time indefinitely.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2018, 01:54:20 AM »

Sounds like any gta tbf

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2018, 05:23:27 AM »

Sounds like any gta tbf

Doesn't make it any less shit in 2018
itm

archie4208

« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2018, 06:07:47 AM »
I wonder how it looks like on a Pro? Do they use checkboard rendering? I googled a bit and found some console wars reddit post and too lazy to look more. I ain't buying a box just for this.  :doge

edit: It has no cb rendering.  :yuck
If you do get it on PS4 Pro, turn off HDR.  It looks like a blurry, washed out, mess with it turned on for whatever reason.  Turning it off makes the game look great, although obviously still not as nice at the Xbox One X version.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2018, 07:14:17 AM »
I'm really looking forward to Grand Theft Horsey.

I can't believe I'm not buying it yet, but I really, really want to finish Horizon Zero Dawn and maybe even Arkham Knight before this, and I just KNOW RDR2 is gonna own my spare time indefinitely.

I'll make that decision for ya, pops.

DON'T

:batman

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2018, 08:13:31 AM »

Sounds like any gta tbf

I promised myself not to fall for any more rockstar and bethesda bs, but the promise of these worlds always gets me at some point

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2018, 11:18:21 AM »
32% and I'm still only on chapter 2. Game is incredible.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2018, 12:34:15 PM »
i'm enjoying it a lot more in ch 2 now that i'm not as tethered to the main story. i'm enjoying that a lot too, the bar scene was great.
these controls though sometimes, eesh. i saved a guy in a tree from a mountain lion and when he climbed down i accidentally stuck my revolver in his face when i just wanted to talk to him lol

Turn on standard fps controls

Turn lock on noob aiming off to free aim

Turn deadzone to 0

Turn FOV up to max

Turn aim acceleration down

BETTER CONTROLS
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2018, 12:34:59 PM »
I'm not buying it yet, but I really, really want to finish Arkham Knight before this

What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: October 29, 2018, 12:36:08 PM »

Sounds like any gta tbf

I promised myself not to fall for any more rockstar and bethesda bs, but the promise of these worlds always gets me at some point

This game is the real deal broski

just put it on the good controls like I mentioned above for a much better time playing it. The default controls are shit.

Also compared to GTA V and other open world games, the side activities are actually dope too.
What

kingv

« Reply #160 on: October 29, 2018, 03:10:09 PM »
I'm not buying it yet, but I really, really want to finish Arkham Knight before this

(Image removed from quote.)

Truly one hasn’t lived until finding all riddler trophies.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #161 on: October 30, 2018, 07:34:10 AM »

I've done that in Arkham Asylum, City, and Origins.

…truth to tell, I was kinda tired of that.  :doge
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #162 on: October 30, 2018, 07:40:12 AM »
I haven’t been fishing yet. I’ve hunted a lot. I got killed by the legendary bear once. I was tracking it and then I hear a growl from the right via surround sound. I spin to see the bear looking at me. I pullout the lever action but before I can get a bullet in the chamber he’s on me and tearing me to pieces. Shit was intense dude. I’ll get that fucker eventually.

My encounter went very similar to the Hugh Glass tale. You can stab him in the chest when he's mauling you. And I truly wonder if that's the intended way to kill him because I put a ton of shots into him before he mounted me.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: October 30, 2018, 09:06:26 AM »

My encounter went very similar to the Hugh Glass tale. You can stab him in the chest when he's mauling you. And I truly wonder if that's the intended way to kill him because I put a ton of shots into him before he mounted me.

Holy shit what a story!
What

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #164 on: October 30, 2018, 09:35:44 AM »

"Despite his injuries, Glass regained consciousness, but found himself abandoned, without weapons or equipment. He had festering wounds, a broken leg, and deep cuts on his back that exposed his bare ribs. Glass lay mutilated and alone, more than 200 miles (320 km) from the nearest American settlement, at Fort Kiowa, on the Missouri River. Glass set the bone of his own leg, wrapped himself in the bear hide his companions had placed over him as a shroud, and began crawling back to Fort Kiowa. To prevent gangrene, Glass allowed maggots to eat the dead, infected flesh in his wounds."

:o :-X :-\

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #165 on: October 30, 2018, 09:42:12 AM »
You guys haven't seen The Revenant? It was based on that story.

kingv

« Reply #166 on: October 30, 2018, 10:12:44 AM »

[close]

They’re real assholes about it in Knight.

The true ending is behind all of them.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #167 on: October 30, 2018, 10:23:57 AM »
Was gonna wait til Black Friday for this, but the stackable deals at Gamestop for RDR2 and an Xbox X were too good, got the console and games for $130. Of course I don't currently have a couch so it'll have to wait til this weekend for me to play it. :'(

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #168 on: October 30, 2018, 10:35:16 AM »
Was gonna wait til Black Friday for this, but the stackable deals at Gamestop for RDR2 and an Xbox X were too good, got the console and games for $130. Of course I don't currently have a couch so it'll have to wait til this weekend for me to play it. :'(

Apparently Amazon has a killer deal right now for the X, Fallout 76, and RDR2 for $399.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/29/18038242/why-you-should-buy-an-xbox-one-x

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2018, 10:36:45 AM »

I still need to see it. I learned about Glass in grade school. Shit was traumatizing as a kid. No clue why they teach it to kids so young.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #170 on: October 30, 2018, 10:45:23 AM »

[close]

They’re real assholes about it in Knight.

The true ending is behind all of them.

:maf
That sounds like a shitty thing to do to players.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #171 on: October 30, 2018, 12:55:40 PM »

I have not, worth it?
What

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #173 on: October 30, 2018, 03:56:17 PM »
©ZH

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #175 on: October 31, 2018, 03:18:36 AM »
40 hours in and just hit chapter 4 I think. Goddamn this game!
What

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #176 on: October 31, 2018, 05:58:32 AM »

I have not, worth it?

More for the visuals than the story. One of the best looking movies I've seen.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #177 on: October 31, 2018, 08:21:14 PM »

Looks like HDR is kind of half assed, and if anything you may want to turn it off.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9sn0zh/digital_foundry_hdr_analysis_rdr2_has_fake_hdr/
actually he's not totally right when he says we have nothing to lose by enabling HDR, in SDR the 4k output is in RGB while it is only in YUV422 in HDR, so we actually can gain image details by not going HDR while we gain nothing by going HDR, so back to SDR until a correct patch is done
You are right, I didn't mention that in this situation the RGB output is superior, also the other thing you lose out on is a some minor black level elevation, which increases the futher you increase the brightness.

That RGB output may be advantagous if you are using a pro, as that per pixel data from the sparse rending they are using may be lost as the chroma is reduced.

Also if you're on a Pro, forcing the game to run at 1080p, without the system wide supersampling mode enabled, will result in better performance and a sharper image versus the "4K" 2160p output mode.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #178 on: October 31, 2018, 09:44:07 PM »
You mothersuckers make me want to pull the trigger on this :noah
:9

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #179 on: October 31, 2018, 11:42:07 PM »
Is anyone playing without the minimap? apparently they give you more detailed directions? that's pretty cool

free aim feels clunkier than the 1st but I'm still pretty rusty so hopefully it gets better..