Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2: 2Red 2Redemptive  (Read 51950 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: 2Red 2Redemptive
« Reply #360 on: October 23, 2019, 05:43:37 AM »
I will try all those things. Every time I wanted to diagnose the issue the pc would just turn on and work for the entire day.

The sleep mode did not help, I would figure since its still basically "on" I could wake it without turning off the power.

Could it be the CMOS battery or just the bios thats messed up or it perhaps even could be the entire mobo -_-

What an annoyance with Outer Worlds and this coming so soon.

Gonna try to fix it asap
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #361 on: October 23, 2019, 10:58:00 AM »
Dont want to hijjack the thread, but leaving it off the power seems to help

Since that is the one thing that seems to help, this morning PC would not boot after using sleep mode. Took it off the power entirely

Just came home, turned it on and it just works..dafuq. I believe it could be a CMOS issue or bios related, I will run a memtest as well

--------

Ok so I ran a memory test from within windows, and also flashed my bios to the latest version. Did not reset the CMOS but I believe by flashing the Bios that should reset it?
Windows memory test came on after it restarted, and it went without a hitch and booted me into Windows. Now I'm not sure if I can turn it off or not but im gonna turn it off tonight when I go to sleep and check again tomorrow if it works or not.

But I assume that flashing the bios and doing the memory test and not seeing any issues straight away is probably a good thing right?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 12:57:38 PM by MMaRsu »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #362 on: October 24, 2019, 01:19:43 AM »
wont turn on again lol wat
What

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #363 on: October 24, 2019, 04:47:38 AM »
It's just your PC punishing you for your hard stance on the Epic Store, but then opting in to Rockstar's shit right away.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #364 on: October 24, 2019, 03:02:54 PM »

I love it when I make rioutious mad  :lol
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #365 on: October 24, 2019, 03:25:01 PM »
I aint got no beef with rioutous but I hate it when he speaks positively about the epic store I can tell you that much   :-*

Either way my pc still broke but when I leave home and turn it on it just works

shit is fucking stupid
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #366 on: October 24, 2019, 03:27:24 PM »
Well you speak ill of people who are against it so that's pretty much the same
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #367 on: October 24, 2019, 03:39:57 PM »
I make fun of people who are ridiculous crybabies about what is at most, a minor annoyance.

Games being exclusive for a year on a shitty platform isn't a minor annoyance for fans of those games. Luckily I've not felt the need to buy anything there.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #368 on: October 24, 2019, 03:46:16 PM »
I make fun of people who are ridiculous crybabies about what is at most, a minor annoyance.

Games being exclusive for a year on a shitty platform isn't a minor annoyance for fans of those games. Luckily I've not felt the need to buy anything there.

Weird.. I'm the biggest Borderlands fan there is and having to buy it on EGS was...

*checks notes*

A minor annoyance.

And now you are stuck with it on a shitty platform. Not a minor inconvenience to me.. especially since I already have all the BL games on Steam already, and it would be bettrer if I can have them in one place.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #369 on: October 24, 2019, 03:54:43 PM »
Yeah the 5 minutes it will take to install EGS on my next gaming rig is really giving me anxiety;  you are right... much more than a minor inconvenience.  Is there some sort of support group I can join?

Kinda like having to install the Rockstar store for like.. 1 or 2 games I'll ever own on it..

Thats not quite the point but let's just agree to disagree. I find it garbage that games are being held hostage on a store I have no desire to purchase it from. Keep that exclusivity garbage on consoles and on publishers own launchers if need be ( although it would be better if Ubisoft and EA games would be on all stores as well, like Steam )

I have no problem giving Rockstar my money.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #370 on: October 24, 2019, 04:07:56 PM »
I have no clue why you would want to purchase anything on EGS, but like I said let's just agree to disagree.

The thing for me is not convenience, it's choice. If a game is only available to purchase on a store I have zero interest in buying from, that is not good choice.

PC gaming is all about choice to me. EGS is fucking with that because they want to make money
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #371 on: October 24, 2019, 04:51:51 PM »
PC gaming is all about choice to me. EGS is fucking with that because they want to make money

Ironic considering this is the RDR2 thread..

But RDR2 is coming to all stores regardless. Even if the stupid EGS deal is dumb af. But it shows how desperate Epic is. I can't even blame the publishers for the free money. But I refuse to buy anything on EGS.

And you need to launch RDR2 from the RGL anyway,  regardless of where you buy it. I also have GTA V on there so why not get RDR2 directly from them?
What

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #372 on: October 24, 2019, 06:05:40 PM »
But on Steam you'll still have to launch the R* game launcher.
It's why i don't bother getting Ubisoft games on Steam, you'll end up with two active launchers, instead of one.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #373 on: October 25, 2019, 05:27:59 AM »
Yeah i also want almost 0 programs running when im playing a game. Most of the launchers take a bit of ram away
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #374 on: November 10, 2019, 10:00:13 AM »
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #375 on: November 10, 2019, 10:27:34 AM »
How's your PC these days. Sounds like your CPU overheated and the overheating protection kicked in.
Happens a lot with i7 4xxx CPU's on stock coolers or poorly applied thermal paste, airflow etc. .

It usually spikes on boot-up so that totally matches your issue as well.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #376 on: November 10, 2019, 01:50:45 PM »
Well it was either that or the mobo

if the cpu was faulty I think it would at least boot to cpu right?

Anyway

I posted my story on a dutch forum

some guy shot me a PM saying he would bring his old rig by my house, since he was upgrading and didnt need it anymore and wanted to help someone out. Only paid a very small amount for

AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
32GB GeLL RGB Ram
Msi Gaming X 470 mobo
Coolermaster C700p case ( which is an insane beast haha )

so all I had to do was put my gpu in which is a 1060gtx 3gb, which doesnt run RDR2 that great. Medium/high settings go around 30-35 fps. In some spots I get over 40 even. But it looks way better than on Base Xbox one where I played it before

I did turn down some settings after taking most of these screens

no crashes so far tho!
What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #377 on: November 10, 2019, 02:04:16 PM »
Damn, that's a serious upgrade. You lucked out big time.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #378 on: November 10, 2019, 02:18:59 PM »
3GB 1060 :drakewtf

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #379 on: November 12, 2019, 04:44:26 AM »
3GB 1060 :drakewtf

It holds up surprisingly well, considering ive had this card for a few years. I even made a benchmark video

I think it looks amazing, better than base xbox one or ps4, maybe even beating xbox one x (except its not 4k).

I am looking to sell this card and buy something different though

I was thinking maybe an rx 580 sapphire nitro+ 8gb card, as Ive heard that rdr2 is more optimized for amd but im not sure if its worth the upgrade
What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #380 on: November 12, 2019, 02:18:40 PM »
If you can get a good deal. Otherwise, aim for a 1660, 1660 Super or 1660 Ti.

Or wait for AMD's lower end Navi cards (5500, 5600). Dunno when they're due though.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #381 on: November 12, 2019, 04:33:38 PM »
Thx, actually probably gonna save up a little and try to get at least a 2060 super or something, that can last me for a few good years

Linus says its better too

What

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #382 on: November 12, 2019, 04:37:03 PM »
5500 supposed to drop by the end of the year so it's good timing

i'm praying for a 5700/2070 super deal for black friday, otherwise ill just wait for the 3000 series

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #383 on: November 12, 2019, 04:40:44 PM »
But all in all I'm already pretty happy with how the game performs

I had to adjust an ini to force it to run with ultra settings, because they restrict you changing settings if it's above your VRAM.

What happens is that sometimes it loads in buildings or big rocks just a second slower than I would like, but that's the tradeoff and im pretty happy with it.

All in all this PC is dope af and that guy gave me basically a present lol. He basically gave away this entire set for an extremely low price (under hundred) and we built it together

Cooler Master ML120L cooling
MSI X470 Gaming Plus
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 4,2GHz
GeIL Super Luce RGB 16GB DDR4-3000 x 2
Coolermaster C700P case

The only thing I put in from my own pc were my SSD's and my GTX 1060 O_o

What

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #384 on: November 12, 2019, 04:43:46 PM »
wow that's basically my pc (except i got 32gb ram - yes its a waste i know -, 1070, and a different case). getting that for such a low price is amazing!

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #385 on: November 12, 2019, 04:44:53 PM »
Thx, actually probably gonna save up a little and try to get at least a 2060 super or something, that can last me for a few good years
That's exactly what I ended up doing, but I'm still grumpy about the price. :maf

kingv

« Reply #386 on: November 13, 2019, 01:58:52 AM »
Yeah the 2000 pricing is way high.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #387 on: November 13, 2019, 04:44:22 AM »
Only 435 for a 2060 super oc windforce.. doesnt seem that super expensive considering I can sell my old card for around 80 right

also nacho yeah it really was a great gift basically, karma points for that guy. I also have 32gb, 4 of those awesome rgb rainbow leds <3
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 04:55:04 AM by MMaRsu »
What

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #388 on: November 13, 2019, 05:37:59 AM »
Are these "super" models even worth it? I heard mixed opinions.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #389 on: November 13, 2019, 08:49:05 AM »
Yes and no. If you plan to use 4K and/or raytracing the Super series gives a little boost where the non-Super series would drop frames.

But at this point if you don't plan to do raytracing you are better off with a 5700XT cause its $100 cheaper than a Super but gives the same performance.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #390 on: November 13, 2019, 10:16:28 AM »
Unless you're in Germany, where the 5700XT and 2060S are effectively neck and neck. I ended up picking the 2060S because it runs cooler and draws less power (than even the 5700).

RTX is a nice bonus to play around with, too, but I expect it to become less useful in the future, not more. Would love to be wrong though.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #391 on: November 13, 2019, 10:24:02 AM »
Oops I meant cheaper than a 2070 Super, not just any Super. Posting before coffee never works out. IIRC it's the same price as a 2060 Super in the US too.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #392 on: November 13, 2019, 10:28:35 AM »
Hey, I believed it sight unseen. You do tend to have much better prices over there.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #393 on: November 13, 2019, 12:25:33 PM »
I hope you guys enjoy those skinning cutscenes in 4k120

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #394 on: November 14, 2019, 03:30:43 AM »
I hope you guys enjoy those skinning cutscenes in 4k120

Jeez, I'd forgotten about those. IIRC the plant gathering ones were so nice and straightforward. I guess no model/texture swap means they could just do it easier. But those skinning things were annoying in the long run.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #395 on: January 25, 2020, 01:28:38 AM »
Finally picked this up at the end-of-year sale on PSN for like $30. I guess I'll miss 3-4 hours of DLC missions due to not buying the deluxe edition.

It looks like they're doing a Season Pass model for the online, which seems weird considering how much money they made without one in GTA Online.

I played the first two missions and enjoyed them. The game is pretty. Not sure how I feel about them trying to put a realistic cap on the number of weapons I can carry; this is a Rockstar GTA-esque game, not freakin' HALO.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #396 on: March 05, 2020, 03:03:45 AM »
It's pretty.

The controls are less great than RDR1. There is some serious RETURN TO BULLSHIT MOUNTAIN effect going on with the Natural Motion / Euphoria integration. It is reminding me more of GTA IV and LA Noire in terms of fine controls FAILING UTTERLY. Whenever I'm in a shop and trying to navigate to an item, it's like fucking having teeth pulled.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #397 on: March 05, 2020, 03:27:26 AM »
Set your controls to FPS Standard, instead of whatever the default is. Also put deadzone to 0

If you are indoors, I would suggest using first person, as the controls are snappier there for some reason.

What

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #398 on: March 05, 2020, 09:22:09 AM »
Set your controls to FPS Standard, instead of whatever the default is. Also put deadzone to 0

If you are indoors, I would suggest using first person, as the controls are snappier there for some reason.
:salute

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #399 on: March 06, 2020, 01:32:31 AM »
Not sure how I feel about them trying to put a realistic cap on the number of weapons I can carry; this is a Rockstar GTA-esque game, not freakin' HALO.
One of my favorite choices actually, i would've liked even more restrictions in that sense.
RDR is not meant to be a GTA-esque game in my opinion, it works better as a slow paced "sim".
Basically they should adjust all the other GTA mechanics to match that, instead of the other way around; like cut by 10x the number of enemy waves, and make each bad guy more lethal instead.

El Babua

« Reply #400 on: March 06, 2020, 03:15:51 AM »
Agreed, game would have been better if they went all the way with a hardcore western survival with any enemy encounter being a life or death situation.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Especially considering you're taking out entire Army regiments by the end of the game lmao
[close]

Also just beat the main story and

Reached the epilogue.
[close]

Definitely the best written Rockstar title. Arthur is most certainly their most fleshed out protagonist as well.

Game itself was fun, but the mechanics and mission design feel more arbitrary than fun or challenging. Half the enjoyment comes from exploring, discovering new things, places, and characters. Dead-Eye is cool, interacting with NPCs is simple, effective and really bought the world to life. Character movement, was clunky AF. I remember reading some former Rockstar employee complaining about the producers telling him to STFU when he suggested making the controls more fluid  :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #401 on: March 08, 2020, 03:12:27 PM »
Been rewatching all the key scenes in RDR1 after finishing the main story in 2 last night. They did a real good job connecting the two games.

If they remade 1 with 2's engine since half the assets are already there, I'd probably replay it.

I wonder what they'll do for 3. The series sells enough it's here to stay and alternate with GTA, but rdr1/2 are basically a complete story package. They'll need to do something completely seperate for 3 most likely. Maybe more west.

Bebpo

« Reply #402 on: March 08, 2020, 09:18:35 PM »
Got up to Blackwater in the epilogue. Just hanging around the city exploring for now. Epilogue is pretty good so far. Will be sad when all the missions are over.

For the online, are they still adding co-op campaign missions to the game? Or is the online campaign done at this point?

Bebpo

« Reply #403 on: March 10, 2020, 01:47:25 AM »
I see how they did most of

New Austin in this. They definitely put effort in redoing a lot of the textures, but the geometry is pretty simple, the world is empty and the towns are dead. It's really weird coming from the filled to the brim detailed map of RDR2, almost like jumping into a remaster of RDR1 without the content of RDR1. Feels pretty weird.

In epilogue II now and just been doing all the new bounty missions before finishing up the story. While I really like John Marston, it also feels weird playing as him in a lengthy story at this point since he's a step down from Arthur and less interesting. I think how RDR1 did the epilogue was perfect, just a story related mission ride to finish it all. This epilogue feels kinda unnecessary. It's fine but game probably would've been tighter if it just ended with Arthur and the RDR2 map.
[close]

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #404 on: March 10, 2020, 07:38:00 AM »
I think the way it transist to the first game is genius actually, you see what you miss in between game 1 and 2 in that way.

But yeah, Arthur is a much better character in the end then John Marston. Coming from the first game I didnt think it possible, but Arthur is a great character.
What

Bebpo

« Reply #405 on: March 10, 2020, 03:51:22 PM »
I spent last night reading up on all the little details in the world. The stories that aren't actual quests but told through the npc dialogue and environment and letters you discover like Emerald Ranch, or the vampire in St. Denis. It's really amazing how much detail and stories they packed into the RDR2 map.

...which makes the other map so disappointing. It's just boring, visually kinda ugly and there's jack shit to do besides 2 bounties, a couple gang hideouts and a few online quests from what I see.

For a game that is so massive and fleshed out, the add-on makes the game feels unfinished. Like something happened in development MGSV (or probably closer to FFXII) style and there's a huge unused area. I honestly think it brings the game down a bit and the game would've been better off cutting the map a bit west of Blackwater. It just feels like you're walking around through some beta version of unfinished game development like when no clipping into an area you shouldn't, especially since there's essentially no content there. I appreciate the nostalgia, but I don't think the nostalgia is worth what they did. Either put content in or cut the area.

It also had an effect on my expectations for the main story because I was expecting it to go back to Blackwater for the money and go west in the end bits. So instead of the end of ch.6 feeling like an ending with major impact, it just felt like the end of a chapter and the story still had a ways to in the epilogues. If I knew where it goes, I think the end of ch.6 would've felt more conclusive for me.

Still a fantastic game, gonna wrap up the last couple epilogue pt.2 missions and close it out tonight. Just kinda surprised for such a big polished product that was so many years in development that it has this weird unfinished area. At launch I see people were thinking it'd be fleshed out in online and/or expansions, but a year and a 1/2 later it doesn't seem like they've done much with online and doesn't seem like any expansions are in the cards. Feels like Rockstar's done with RDR2 and ready to move onto GTAVI soon.

Bebpo

« Reply #406 on: March 12, 2020, 03:50:18 AM »

Having fun building houses. Will finish it for sure next session. 90+ hours in now. Just last 3 missions and 1 bounty left in

Tumbleweed
[close]

Very pretty game for sure.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #407 on: March 12, 2020, 08:43:06 AM »
Have you been to Armadillo? I was pretty shocked with what they did with it.  :doge

Bebpo

« Reply #408 on: March 12, 2020, 09:31:36 PM »
Yup. I've been to the "cities" from RDR1 to check them out here, but haven't spent the time filling out the rest of map because...why? There's nothing there.

Like Tumbleweed has a little bit of life and 2 bounties and that's it. Armadillo has the random encounter when you get there and that's it. Thieves Landing is zzz. Haven't been to Fort Mercer but just another gang hideout.

Anyhow, time to take some anti-nausea meds (having shitty nausea from looking at screens now ><) and finish this up tonight!

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #409 on: March 12, 2020, 10:04:37 PM »
Yeah it's clear they probably had more plans for that whole section of the map, as a post game thing, but ran out of time (besides, the post game is already a million hours).
However i liked what they did with Armadillo, as far as cheap ideas go (in terms of production cost) i thought it was clever and effective.

Bebpo

« Reply #410 on: March 12, 2020, 11:59:17 PM »
Finished the epilogue.

Yeah, very good game. It definitely could’ve used some editing and trimmed some of the quests. The epilogue pt.2 especially with all those skinner gang & bounty missions (when there’s already a ton of new bounty missions that open up at that point). But all the life sim stuff was really nice. Final mission & ending was really strong.

Will definitely miss not having anymore missions to do. Very long journey 90 hours+ for me.

If there’s one narrative nitpick I have it’s that

The epic ending mission for John and long huge ending just reinforces that Arthur’s finale felt underwhelming in terms of impact. Since Arthur was the more material main lead his ending should’ve had this epicness and hour long credits and ending cinematics with the epilogue being a smaller expansion after (heck they could’ve sold the epilogue as an expansion dlc rdr1 prologue later on with a more fleshed content filled rdr1 map and it would’ve been worth it).

Also I did not expect to see Dutch at the end. That was a nice twist. Glad that wasn’t spoiled.
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #411 on: March 13, 2020, 01:39:19 AM »
I just realized how crazy it is that they added flying gta style around the open world for one mission.

...and you never unlock the ability to fly again.

Like there's a mod on PC that lets you do it, but that just seems crazy. Missing out on all those beautiful aerial vistas? Should've at least unlocked when you beat the game.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #412 on: March 13, 2020, 07:16:48 AM »
Yeah give me my own balloon!
What

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #413 on: November 26, 2020, 09:21:36 PM »
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/red-dead-online-is-going-standalone/1100-6484826/

RDO’s going separate sale from the single player game. It can be purchased for $20, but is 75% off until February 2021:

$5 Yankee dollars.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #414 on: November 26, 2020, 11:59:30 PM »
Online was a mess for a long time but it at least functions now and animal spawns were fixed. There is a lot of content there for brand new players. For existing players they really need to expand on the current roles and add in properties to buy a la GTAO.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #415 on: November 27, 2020, 11:09:37 PM »
I'm new to it, and considering how buggy it still is, I am glad that it's apparently an improvement from where it started. Rockstar randomly invalidates my "credentials" or has an error on their side at least twice a day. Never happens in GTA Online, happens constantly in RDO.

You're right that there is a heap of content for new players. They have an Online Story Mode that has multiplayer missions built-in, and it is possible to build enough in-game Gold (premium currency) to access the "paid" content without spending additional money.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #416 on: November 28, 2020, 07:38:24 AM »
Getting gold is pretty easy if you're willing to keep your daily streak going. I'm sitting on several hundred gold bars and I've never spent any real world money.

The problem now is waiting for Rockstar to give me things worth buying.  :lol

Most of the time I just jump on, do a moonshine run, do a few dailies and maybe a little hunting and fishing. I really just enjoy the world they've created and hanging out in it.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #417 on: November 28, 2020, 10:06:02 PM »
It's truly stunning. I wish there were a photo mode in Online. I've been taking screenshots like crazy. It's SO beautiful. Truly stunning.

The dailies, Daily Challenges, I was enjoying them. Now I'm dealing with my compulsive tendencies engaging about trying to get all of them, which turns it from gameplay to a chore. However, that's on me. I can probably get it under control. I've got 46 Gold Bars, after 20 days of playing.

I frequently think Rockstar builds capitalism simulators. The more money one has, the simpler it becomes to make more money. The gold awarded for dailies is easier to come by if one has already spent gold opening up the venues/trades/roles by which gold is earned. The more gold spent on equipment, the simpler gold can be attained. This is just as true in GTA Online. Having money allows one to earn money. The hardest part is the initial grind to GTA$100K.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #418 on: November 29, 2020, 02:35:34 AM »
The dailies, Daily Challenges, I was enjoying them. Now I'm dealing with my compulsive tendencies engaging about trying to get all of them, which turns it from gameplay to a chore. However, that's on me. I can probably get it under control. I've got 46 Gold Bars, after 20 days of playing.
I usually do the 2 or 3 easiest ones and call it. It's easy to get burned out on that stuff. I never do the showdown or pvp dailies.

It will be worth it use your gold on the next outlaw pass starting this tuesday. It will give you an xp boost for all activities and you'll get your 40 gold back if you complete it.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #419 on: November 29, 2020, 06:29:40 PM »
When I first tried online, there was a brief moment of free access to the Outlaw Pass, but I didn’t know what that meant. I’ve played world of tanks, and I thought maybe it was like “premium time.” I guess that’s reasonable? 

There was a whole bunch of stuff when I started playing online that I just didn’t understand. Part of it was from how complicated the single player game is compared to the first one. All kinds of things about cores versus bars for tracking my current health status versus how quickly I can recover, and separating them for my horse as well, which was just not visible in the first game. But there was like three weeks worth of bonus stuff, and I was so confused by it every system in the game, let alone the additional systems for online, that I just went back and tried to get a handle on the single player. I feel like I wasted some resources there.

I’m not able to keep up with the level 300 players monstering around the PvP modes, so when a daily challenge comes up that specifies coming in in the top 3, it’s almost a relief to me! There’s no way I can complete the whole list, so I don’t feel compelled. In contrast, if I can watch a YouTube video to find out where Red Sage is growing or chanterelle mushrooms, I feel compelled to look that up and then go do it.

I’m glad you mentioned getting on the Outlaw Pass, because I have 50 gold now, and was about to look into buying Moonshiners. I bought Naturalist without looking into it, and I don’t think it was a good move. Having a boss/quest-giver that gets angry at me for completing other boss’ quests (hunting for Trader) is not my thing.