Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums  (Read 571196 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #1320 on: March 13, 2018, 06:12:40 PM »
The problem is that I have to do is read the thing is you guys post on here for a few pages to see you have a severely pathetically  understanding or desire to understand the full realities of things like racism and the way that it is expressed in society and more specifically on the Internet.

This thread is considered a total joke even on The Bore, though.
dog

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #1321 on: March 13, 2018, 06:12:48 PM »
If you're in this thread talking about the culture war over gender, your own personal grievances about off forum power dynamics, or debating globalism, please assfuck yourself with a nailbat and then give yourself a bleach enema. Then leave the thread and fall off a building. Thank you!
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #1322 on: March 13, 2018, 06:14:08 PM »
Try to pull what IrishNinja did in regards to sexism or racism and you know you would have gotten at least a one week ban, if not a perm ban. But IrishNinja skates off scott free.
Forgetting that DublinSamurai has already been banned for his glue huffing schizo politics
每天生气

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #1323 on: March 13, 2018, 06:14:24 PM »
I will just say tho.

It’s really something that you guys think people like me and a few select others on era apparently have tons of power to just say whatever we want and have so much protection from the mods.

I can’t speak for anyone else necessarily but come on guys I’ve been banned a lot and yes I will admit that sweet Nicole has personally spoken with other mods basically begging to give me another chance.  She stressed to me very very strongly that the next slip up will result in a permanent ban and she really doesn’t want to bend me because you know we’re friends but she will do it.

I have an anger problem and I feel like that website doesn’t help specifically because there are so many things I would love to say to so many of the idiots that post on the website but I cannot.  Maybe that’s why I keep coming here despite literally thinking most of you are really not great people  with abhorrent and incredibly ignorant views.

There is so much dog whistling especially when it comes to racism and trans phobia that people get away with on era.  Like legit blatant I am saying this because I know that you get what I’m saying but no you can’t do anything about it.

Sometimes it’s nice for somebody to just say something blatantly stupid and you for be able to just call them fucking stupid

Cream, when you look too hard for shit to be mad about, you start seeing it in everything. ERA conditions people to see the evil in people, and takes it to paranoia levels. See that Globalization thread, for instance. Not everyone is out to get you, and speaking plainly and openly without being belligerent is an important skill to have. I disagree with people here, and ERA and pretty much everywhere. I don't surround myself in a bubble of safe thoughts. I like people who challenge me.

Stay here, argue with us. It's cathartic.

The problem is that I have to do is read the thing is you guys post on here for a few pages to see you have a severely pathetically  understanding or desire to understand the full realities of things like racism and the way that it is expressed in society and more specifically on the Internet.

I mean people say shit on the sly. This isn’t news. It’s not uncommon. A lot of the time unintentionally. I mean the way you guys talk about people who were hyped for black panther is honestly hilariously appalling. So divorced from reality that it makes every criticism you have of ANYTHING as a forum seem quaint, and funny in hindsight.

And I can understand how from your perspective as someone that thinks, incorrectly, that many things that are in fact racist, or at the very least problematic insensitive dog whistles, that I’m “paranoid.” But unfortunately just saying that to me doesn’t really mean anything and won’t do anything. I’m gonna keep being myself and call out the bullshit I see, but thanks.

The way you talk about this makes me think that you're absolutely paranoid, but it's up to you to change. Disagreeing with you about a racial issue that is subjective isn't racism. Disliking a movie isn't racism, it's not even "stealth" racism. Not every bad thing that happens to a PoC is because of racism. Not caring to understand an obscure tumblr gender thing isn't transphobia. You need to reel it in, like a LOT of folks on ERA and realize that you aren't the center of the universe, that if someone doesn't like you or your opinion, it's not because of some -ism... most of the time. I remember when I grew up, being color blind was a virtue, because you treated everyone the same no matter their skin color. Now it's racist, because it doesn't allow for a victim dynamic. Victimhood culture is a disease, cure yourself.

agrajag

« Reply #1324 on: March 13, 2018, 06:14:33 PM »
I dont have a problem with cream per say, I have an issue with the distinguished mentally-challenged fucking shit you morans talk about when cream is around. Same like when Cindi is around, it's like everyone just splooges garbage (worse than usual) all over this thread. I additionally think cream is a shitty troll, but I wont hold that against them.

Not a troll.

It is funny how my mere presence motivates people to express their feelings about gender and  peoples genitals totally unsolicited

Oh get the fuck over yourself.

We've been talking about genitals long before you were allowed to use the internet

Glossed over the gender thing, huh? I’m just saying I noticed people bring it up a lot when I’m the subject of conversation.

Because people here enjoy fucking with people like you, Einstein

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #1325 on: March 13, 2018, 06:14:57 PM »
She's voluntarily joined the Butter Creamers gang as our mascot. She's already a part of us.

lol Sam aren't you married

We're swingers..?

I bet my ass is better than your spouse’s ❤️

do you wax your bunghole?
I don’t always wax, but I am at the moment. Usually a deep shave. As well as exfoliate every few days:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/everyone-in-my-family-knows-i-eat-booty-now.3581/page-8#post-466402

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #1326 on: March 13, 2018, 06:15:49 PM »
As this thread has long since ceased to be productive, it will remained locked. In this year 2018 there cannot be excuses made for antisemitism and homophobia. There cannot be exceptions.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5535542/

So is anyone gonna get banned?  Are they blaming the thread and not the posters in it?

I followed that thread and it's ridiculous how some of the people in there think they are some moral, progressive champions fighting bigotry.

IrishNinja spent most of that thread making excuses for his support for people airing anti-Semetic and homophobic view. Sure, he got a lot of push back, but is he banned? Nope.

Try to pull what IrishNinja did in regards to sexism or racism and you know you would have gotten at least a one week ban, if not a perm ban. But IrishNinja skates off scott free.

That's a bit of a disingenuous comparison. A gay man couldn't even fathom the suffering that someone born with tits has to deal with.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1327 on: March 13, 2018, 06:16:43 PM »

I mean people say shit on the sly. This isn’t news. It’s not uncommon. A lot of the time unintentionally. I mean the way you guys talk about people who were hyped for black panther is honestly hilariously appalling. So divorced from reality that it makes every criticism you have of ANYTHING as a forum seem quaint, and funny in hindsight.

That's what got to you? Making fun of people who think that a marvel movie is a historical moment that will enter the history books?

I do appreciate though that you confirm that the mods play favorites, just like on good old gaf

Cream

« Reply #1328 on: March 13, 2018, 06:17:05 PM »
I will just say tho.

It’s really something that you guys think people like me and a few select others on era apparently have tons of power to just say whatever we want and have so much protection from the mods.

I can’t speak for anyone else necessarily but come on guys I’ve been banned a lot and yes I will admit that sweet Nicole has personally spoken with other mods basically begging to give me another chance.  She stressed to me very very strongly that the next slip up will result in a permanent ban and she really doesn’t want to bend me because you know we’re friends but she will do it.

I have an anger problem and I feel like that website doesn’t help specifically because there are so many things I would love to say to so many of the idiots that post on the website but I cannot.  Maybe that’s why I keep coming here despite literally thinking most of you are really not great people  with abhorrent and incredibly ignorant views.

There is so much dog whistling especially when it comes to racism and trans phobia that people get away with on era.  Like legit blatant I am saying this because I know that you get what I’m saying but no you can’t do anything about it.

Sometimes it’s nice for somebody to just say something blatantly stupid and you for be able to just call them fucking stupid

Cream, when you look too hard for shit to be mad about, you start seeing it in everything. ERA conditions people to see the evil in people, and takes it to paranoia levels. See that Globalization thread, for instance. Not everyone is out to get you, and speaking plainly and openly without being belligerent is an important skill to have. I disagree with people here, and ERA and pretty much everywhere. I don't surround myself in a bubble of safe thoughts. I like people who challenge me.

And I can understand how from your perspective as someone that thinks, incorrectly, that many things that are in fact racist, or at the very least problematic insensitive dog whistles, that I’m “paranoid.” But unfortunately just saying that to me doesn’t really mean anything and won’t do anything. I’m gonna keep being myself and call out the bullshit I see, but thanks.

The way you talk about this makes me think that you're absolutely paranoid, but it's up to you to change. Disagreeing with you about a racial issue that is subjective isn't racism. Disliking a movie isn't racism, it's not even "stealth" racism. Not every bad thing that happens to a PoC is because of racism. Not caring to understand an obscure tumblr gender thing isn't transphobia. You need to reel it in, like a LOT of folks on ERA and realize that you aren't the center of the universe, that if someone doesn't like you or your opinion, it's not because of some -ism... most of the time. I remember when I grew up, being color blind was a virtue, because you treated everyone the same no matter their skin color. Now it's racist, because it doesn't allow for a victim dynamic. Victimhood culture is a disease, cure yourself.

It’s so fascinating when people say so little and so unoriginally and think they are making a good point.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #1329 on: March 13, 2018, 06:17:23 PM »
As this thread has long since ceased to be productive, it will remained locked. In this year 2018 there cannot be excuses made for antisemitism and homophobia. There cannot be exceptions.

So is anyone gonna get banned?  Are they blaming the thread and not the posters in it?

I followed that thread and it's ridiculous how some of the people in there think they are some moral, progressive champions fighting bigotry.

IrishNinja spent most of that thread making excuses for his support for people airing anti-Semetic and homophobic view. Sure, he got a lot of push back, but is he banned? Nope.

-Make comment merely saying Vavra made a decent game = ban
-Spend 5-6 pages dancing around the fact you support people airing anti-Semetism and homophobic views = no ban

ERA moderation everybody  :lol

It's a classic GAF tactic.  When protected members are exposed as bigoted or just stupid the thread is locked and a mod issues a warning to the thread in general.  That way they don't have to blame the poster.

Post election beseda was doing this constantly!  The same members would shit up a thread and he would say "Guys!  I'm serious this time!  I'm really going to do something next time.  And this time I mean it."
sigh

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #1330 on: March 13, 2018, 06:18:42 PM »
I will just say tho.

It’s so fascinating when people say so little and so unoriginally and think they are making a good point.

Stay woke then. No wonder you have an anger problem.

wait, is mentioning your anger problem a racist dog whistle? I can't keep track.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1331 on: March 13, 2018, 06:20:42 PM »
If you're in this thread talking about the culture war over gender, your own personal grievances about off forum power dynamics, or debating globalism, please assfuck yourself with a nailbat and then give yourself a bleach enema. Then leave the thread and fall off a building. Thank you!
Don't forget the pics pls.
que

BisMarckie

« Reply #1332 on: March 13, 2018, 06:22:30 PM »

I’m a married hard working man with almost 4 children.

I have no power :fbm

It was the moment when I noticed that I had baby poop on my watch when I realized that :goty2

Cream

« Reply #1333 on: March 13, 2018, 06:22:37 PM »

That's what got to you? Making fun of people who think that a marvel movie is a historical moment that will enter the history books?

It IS a historical moment. Like it’s not fucking civil rights but it’s a pretty big deal to a lot of black people. My grandmother loved it and she never goes to the theaters. Churches and schools rented out entire theaters for kids. I’ve never seen any movie like this and having so many beautiful black people doing those superhero things with that budget and that level of care and attention is really meaningful, to us.

Like honestly, you’re being very silly about the whole thing.

I remember a post on here that was like “it’s kind of sad. That these people feel joy and connection to a commercialized corporate product like this.” And it’s like... so close yet so far... I don’t get how people  that say things like that can’t see the reality in their face.

And someone who doesn’t get why black people were hyped about the movie immediately reveals themselves to be someone with very poor critical thinking skills. And to take it a step further and call those people idiots, brain dead, like many did here, I mean yeah, kind of racist.

stufte

« Reply #1334 on: March 13, 2018, 06:23:17 PM »
an anti semitic dogwhistle would be an alt right view

Unless you're a Farrakhan fan.

tuna_love

« Reply #1335 on: March 13, 2018, 06:25:47 PM »

I’m a married hard working man with almost 4 children.

I have no power :fbm

It was the moment when I noticed that I had baby poop on my watch when I realized that :goty2
i would kill for just shit on a watch, i have to play fortnite with my spawn  :trash

stufte

« Reply #1336 on: March 13, 2018, 06:30:32 PM »
Cream: Is saying that your skin color and gender is just as unimportant as mine problematic? That I don't give a shit what color you are? I don't care who you fuck and what parts you have? Or is that bad.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1337 on: March 13, 2018, 06:32:09 PM »
lol didn't read

StopDontDontComeBack.gif

Cream

« Reply #1338 on: March 13, 2018, 06:32:55 PM »
Cream: Is saying that your skin color and gender is just as unimportant as mine problematic? That I don't give a shit what color you are? I don't care who you fuck and what parts you have? Or is that bad.

No. Not really. I’d love it if skin color and gender was truly as unimportant as you say. But unfortunately that is not the world we are in

I’m sorry man. You’re literally saying to me “ignore reality. Stop caring that you’re black and LGBT and just live your life! Realize how it absolutely does NOT matter at all that you are black and LGBT and it has NO effect on ANYTHING. Why can’t you be like me and ignore reality?”

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1339 on: March 13, 2018, 06:34:07 PM »
You guys ever try shaving your asshole with a safety razor? Hell of a task.

Pffft. I only use katanas.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1340 on: March 13, 2018, 06:35:41 PM »
You mother fuckers.

FFVI>FFVII>FFVIII>FFIX>FFXV>FFIV>FFV>FFIII>FFI>>>>>>FFXII>FFIII>FFXIII>FFII
que

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
serge

Cream

« Reply #1342 on: March 13, 2018, 06:37:41 PM »

Let me ask you a question as well.

If a black woman walks into a store with her white friend and notices that she is being followed closely around the store but her friend is not, is she “paranoid” for thinking it racially motivated?

paprikastaude

« Reply #1343 on: March 13, 2018, 06:37:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-hype-for-nintendo-so-much-greater-than-other-video-game-publisher.29324/

It's as if your bubble is run by known shills and jerking to Mr. Kimishima's genius is the only thing that doesn't get you warned. e: or jerking to the saints at Disney ™
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:41:56 PM by Spieler1 »

stufte

« Reply #1344 on: March 13, 2018, 06:40:03 PM »

No. Not really. I’d love it if skin color and gender was truly as unimportant as you say. But unfortunately that is not the world we are in

I’m sorry man. You’re literally saying to me “ignore reality. Stop caring that you’re black and LGBT and just live your life! Realize how it absolutely does NOT matter at all that you are black and LGBT and it has NO effect on ANYTHING. Why can’t you be like me and ignore reality?”

I'm not saying ignore the reality of your lived experience. I'm saying I won't judge you merely by your skin color and you won't judge me. Being white doesn't intrinsically make me a bad person just as your skin color doesn't make you a bad person. It's how we live our lives that defines who we are more than the immutable qualities. See what I'm saying?

Cream

« Reply #1345 on: March 13, 2018, 06:42:05 PM »

I'm not saying ignore the reality of your lived experience. I'm saying I won't judge you merely by your skin color and you won't judge me. Being white doesn't intrinsically make me a bad person just as your skin color doesn't make you a bad person. It's how we live our lives that defines who we are more than the immutable qualities. See what I'm saying?

The fact that you think “being white doesn’t automatically make me a bad person” is what I need to hear shows me that you really don’t understand my perspective at all, man. I love a lot of white people! My very best friends are white. (Lol)

There are many ways white supremacy manifests itself. It is near-universal to western culture and almost completely inescapable. There are many who intentionally buy into it, and many more unintentionally.

stufte

« Reply #1346 on: March 13, 2018, 06:43:08 PM »

If a black woman walks into a store with her white friend and notices that she is being followed closely around the store but her friend is not, is she “paranoid” for thinking it racially motivated?

Maybe? If someone is predisposed to being paranoid about racism, something innocent could absolutely be misconstrued. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, because it does, but not every instance of someone walking up the same aisle as you is profiling.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1347 on: March 13, 2018, 06:43:42 PM »

It IS a historical moment. Like it’s not fucking civil rights but it’s a pretty big deal to a lot of black people. My grandmother loved it and she never goes to the theaters. Churches and schools rented out entire theaters for kids. I’ve never seen any movie like this and having so many beautiful black people doing those superhero things with that budget and that level of care and attention is really meaningful, to us.

Like honestly, you’re being very silly about the whole thing.

I remember a post on here that was like “it’s kind of sad. That these people feel joy and connection to a commercialized corporate product like this.” And it’s like... so close yet so far... I don’t get how people  that say things like that can’t see the reality in their face.

And someone who doesn’t get why black people were hyped about the movie immediately reveals themselves to be someone with very poor critical thinking skills. And to take it a step further and call those people idiots, brain dead, like many did here, I mean yeah, kind of racist.

I totally get people being hyped, but at some point this is just over the top. Like when RE got mad that some people think it's rather cringy to do that Wakanda handshake in real life.

FStop7

« Reply #1348 on: March 13, 2018, 06:45:25 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/8436dm/what_are_the_most_toxic_online_forums_you_have/

My sister knew a guy who won a Facebook contest on a mom group for diapers or something for his daughter. They all fucking flipped out when they found out he was a man and left him nasty messages. Wtf? He is still a parent. His daughter still needed care.

Moms make scary mobs.

I don't know why but this made me laugh so fucking much!  Maybe it's the mental image of some grizzled dude with an armload of diapers being chased by a minivan full of angry moms in mom jeans.

Cream

« Reply #1349 on: March 13, 2018, 06:47:03 PM »

Maybe? If someone is predisposed to being paranoid about racism, something innocent could absolutely be misconstrued. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, because it does, but not every instance of someone walking up the same aisle as you is profiling.

You keep making it into a thing it’s not. “Not every x is x” “not every” “it isn’t always”. Really easy to use that reply to literally every case of someone thinking something is racist that you don’t agree with. A really easy way to dismiss anything.

You agree it happens. We also agree that it isn’t happening LITERALLY at all times. Where the disconnect seems to be is that you think it’s much rarer than it actually is.

What is the instinct within you to immediately say “well not everything is profiling. Maybe she is paranoid.”

Like dude come on.

stufte

« Reply #1350 on: March 13, 2018, 06:47:20 PM »

The fact that you think “being white doesn’t automatically make me a bad person” is what I need to hear shows me that you really don’t understand my perspective at all, man. I love a lot of white people! My very best friends are white. (Lol)

There are many ways white supremacy manifests itself. It is near-universal to western culture and almost completely inescapable. There are many who intentionally buy into it, and many more unintentionally.

So help me understand your perspective.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #1351 on: March 13, 2018, 06:47:23 PM »
I dont have a problem with cream per say, I have an issue with the distinguished mentally-challenged fucking shit you morans talk about when cream is around. Same like when Cindi is around, it's like everyone just splooges garbage (worse than usual) all over this thread. I additionally think cream is a shitty troll, but I wont hold that against them.

Not a troll.

It is funny how my mere presence motivates people to express their feelings about gender and  peoples genitals totally unsolicited

Oh get the fuck over yourself.

We've been talking about genitals long before you were allowed to use the internet

Glossed over the gender thing, huh? I’m just saying I noticed people bring it up a lot when I’m the subject of conversation.

Discussing gender is healthy.

Discussion is healthy.

Banning discussion because of feels is bad.

Resetera has conditioned you that discussion is a one way street.

Welcome to the intersection of discussion, love, and hate.

And genitals.
:O

BisMarckie

« Reply #1352 on: March 13, 2018, 06:47:44 PM »
mom jeans  :phil

etiolate

« Reply #1353 on: March 13, 2018, 06:51:14 PM »
I will just say tho.

You have been severely mislead by tumblr inspired critical theory nonsense. I imagine that stuff has made you racist, so naturally you hear all the dogwhistles.

Only dogs hear the dog whistle.

I agree with stufte. Be around people who aren't like you. The reason you get so hyper tense is because Reeeeeeee is full of similar people. That whole forum is full of the types of personality that cannot simply chill. Insecure, paranoid and resentful personality clones will only increase your temper and anger.

stufte

« Reply #1354 on: March 13, 2018, 06:51:49 PM »

You keep making it into a thing it’s not. “Not every x is x” “not every” “it isn’t always”. Really easy to use that reply to literally every case of someone thinking something is racist that you don’t agree with. A really easy way to dismiss anything.

You agree it happens. We also agree that it isn’t happening LITERALLY at all times. Where the disconnect seems to be is that you think it’s much rarer than it actually is.

What is the instinct within you to immediately say “well not everything is profiling. Maybe she is paranoid.”

Like dude come on.

Do you ever think you're being followed and conclude that it was actually just a coincidence? Or is every instance 100% profiling.

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #1355 on: March 13, 2018, 06:52:45 PM »
can we get back to posting music videos?

stufte

« Reply #1356 on: March 13, 2018, 06:53:14 PM »
FUCK OFF TEEPOO

clothedmacuser

sigh

Cream

« Reply #1358 on: March 13, 2018, 06:55:53 PM »

I’ll give the most obvious example I can think of.

“You’re very articulate.” I’ve heard this a lot. As a black person, when you speak very well, that’s notable to a lot of people. When you hear it enough times, you start to realize quickly that, not every time, but frequently, the implicit idea is that “It is uncommon for a black person to speak so well.” Is that true? Honestly, yeah, maybe? But to say something so patronizing to me, like if someone said “you’re cute for a black person”, which I’ve also heard blatantly. It’s annoying. Am I gonna call anyone stupid or a bad person for that specifically? No. But I think it’s a problematic thing to say to a black person.

Maybe you could make the argument and get me to admit that the nature and atmosphere of Era makes me more low tolerance for this kind of ignorance, and I express that in too confrontational a way. But it’s displayed on a GRAND scale, in many different ways.  And getting the same exact questions from the same exact people over and over and over again and they just keep slapping you over the face saying I don’t actually care about your answers and I just want to question you despite having no frame of reference or perspective for anything you’re talking about I still feel that my opinion about this is as valid as yours. It just gets grating.

The truth is simply that there are many more things I believe to be problematic and indicative of white supremacy than you do.  Maybe I need to get better about not immediately calling anyone that is ignorant about this reality a bad person.  But I would like you to understand that I will never stop pointing out this reality.

And if the first thing you want to say in reply to this post is pointing out to me that the articulate thing isn’t racist at all and I’m being totally paranoid then you’re just proving my point.

shosta

« Reply #1359 on: March 13, 2018, 06:56:31 PM »
How does that affect your life more than your anger issues

I think what stufte is trying to say is that hyperfocusing on the stuff outside of your control becomes a pathology and stalls or impedes the development of yourself as an individual, which is 100% in your control and also much more impactful on your life than these other things

and that surrounding yourself by people who want you to blame life's problems on intergroup dynamics (and arbitrary delineations of these too) is unhelpful and likely to cultivate behavioral issues like, yes, paranoia

and that the tendency to disengage entirely makes you an unbalanced person
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 07:01:05 PM by Shostakovich »
每天生气

etiolate

« Reply #1360 on: March 13, 2018, 06:58:04 PM »
can we get back to posting music videos?

In honor of Cream

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #1361 on: March 13, 2018, 06:59:05 PM »
 :rejoice

Jansen

« Reply #1362 on: March 13, 2018, 06:59:08 PM »

-Make comment merely saying Vavra made a decent game = ban
-Spend 5-6 pages dancing around the fact you support people airing anti-Semetism and homophobic views = no ban

ERA moderation everybody  :lol

given how they mod pretty much anyone on era I'm sure he's up for consideration

Cream

« Reply #1363 on: March 13, 2018, 07:00:04 PM »
How does that affect your life more than your anger issues

I think what stufte is trying to say is that hyperfocusing on the stuff outside of your control becomes a pathology and stalls or impedes the development of yourself as an individual, which is 100% in your control and also much more impactful on your life than these other things

I think I do a pretty good job pointing out problematic or offensive things while also squeezing in time for a 25-hour work week, full time college, eating, sleeping, video games, screenwriting, making short films, personal hygiene and hanging with friends.

stufte

« Reply #1364 on: March 13, 2018, 07:01:52 PM »
I will just say tho.

You have been severely mislead by tumblr inspired critical theory nonsense. I imagine that stuff has made you racist, so naturally you hear all the dogwhistles.

I agree with stufte. Be around people who aren't like you. The reason you get so hyper tense is because Reeeeeeee is full of similar people. That whole forum is full of the types of personality that cannot simply chill. Insecure, paranoid and resentful personality clones will only increase your temper and anger.

Ah fuck etoilate agrees with me, maybe I'm wrong about my thought process...

But seriously, I've worked for and with all walks of life. My best job, and the one that shaped me in a lot of ways was a sign shop where I was an atheist white boy working with an undocumented catholic mexican guy and working for a traditional muslim husband and wife. We had amazing conversations about life, our beliefs and anything else we could come up with to talk about. Previous to that I worked for Mark Leno (a gay jewish politician) at his sign shop in SF. He taught me to think critically, to ask questions and surround yourself with all kinds of people. It's the reason I poke and prod you Cream. It's the reason I push against the status quo on ERA (and on GAF previously). I like to challenge minds, and have mine challenged. I change my mind all the time about things, and you should be open to that as well. We all should.

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #1365 on: March 13, 2018, 07:01:57 PM »
You guys ever try shaving your asshole with a safety razor? Hell of a task.

nah its not, i do it all the time

git gud  :win
bent

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #1366 on: March 13, 2018, 07:03:45 PM »
philips norelco bodygroom trimmer only, no comb

trust, i'm a pro at grooming bodyhair

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #1367 on: March 13, 2018, 07:05:34 PM »
One time I broke my phone and couldnt get on the internet 24/7 to debate dipshit nutjobs

It was nice

dur

Cream

« Reply #1368 on: March 13, 2018, 07:06:37 PM »
I will just say tho.

Ah fuck etoilate agrees with me, maybe I'm wrong about my thought process...

But seriously, I've worked for and with all walks of life. My best job, and the one that shaped me in a lot of ways was a sign shop where I was an atheist white boy working with an undocumented catholic mexican guy and working for a traditional muslim husband and wife. We had amazing conversations about life, our beliefs and anything else we could come up with to talk about. Previous to that I worked for Mark Leno (a gay jewish politician) at his sign shop in SF. He taught me to think critically, to ask questions and surround yourself with all kinds of people. It's the reason I poke and prod you Cream. It's the reason I push against the status quo on ERA (and on GAF previously). I like to challenge minds, and have mine challenged. I change my mind all the time about things, and you should be open to that as well. We all should.

Don’t you guys always  Rail against people who are so quick to call everything racist?  The very first thing you said to me when I came here was that I’m a racist. Etoilate also just said that, so yeah I guess you are like him.

etiolate

« Reply #1369 on: March 13, 2018, 07:06:57 PM »
You best count your blessings when I agree with you.  :gurl

tuna_love

« Reply #1370 on: March 13, 2018, 07:07:20 PM »
one time a shat in a shower that didnt have a waffle stomp friendly drain

clothedmacuser

« Reply #1371 on: March 13, 2018, 07:08:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5525422/

"I didn't know the forum was about shallow wish fullfilment. If that would be the case, the forum would be a place where you are always right,no one has an opposite opinion of things, and people claim how awesome you are.

I don't know what forum you visit but that seems pretty different to most forums."

The irony in this post is amazing

This post didn't get enough love.
sigh

Cream

« Reply #1372 on: March 13, 2018, 07:10:10 PM »
The only belief of mine id admit is radical and emotional rather than logical is my hatred of all cops.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1373 on: March 13, 2018, 07:10:15 PM »

That's the shittiest "X and Y walk into a Z" joke I've EVER read.

etiolate

« Reply #1374 on: March 13, 2018, 07:11:14 PM »
I don't get the pre-emptive anger towards Ready Player One.

stufte

« Reply #1375 on: March 13, 2018, 07:11:49 PM »

I’ll give the most obvious example I can think of.

“You’re very articulate.” I’ve heard this a lot. As a black person, when you speak very well, that’s notable to a lot of people. When you hear it enough times, you start to realize quickly that, not every time, but frequently, the implicit idea is that “It is uncommon for a black person to speak so well.” Is that true? Honestly, yeah, maybe? But to say something so patronizing to me, like if someone said “you’re cute for a black person”, which I’ve also heard blatantly. It’s annoying. Am I gonna call anyone stupid or a bad person for that specifically? No. But I think it’s a problematic thing to say to a black person.

Maybe you could make the argument and get me to admit that the nature and atmosphere of Era makes me more low tolerance for this kind of ignorance, and I express that in too confrontational a way. But it’s displayed on a GRAND scale, in many different ways.  And getting the same exact questions from the same exact people over and over and over again and they just keep slapping you over the face saying I don’t actually care about your answers and I just want to question you despite having no frame of reference or perspective for anything you’re talking about I still feel that my opinion about this is as valid as yours. It just gets grating.

The truth is simply that there are many more things I believe to be problematic and indicative of white supremacy than you do.  Maybe I need to get better about not immediately calling anyone that is ignorant about this reality a bad person.  But I would like you to understand that I will never stop pointing out this reality.

And if the first thing you want to say in reply to this post is pointing out to me that the articulate thing isn’t racist at all and I’m being totally paranoid then you’re just proving my point.

No I get it. We ALL get annoying "problematic" shit from others. I'm "watching the kids" instead of being a father. I'm stared at as if I'm some creepy dude if I'm sitting at a park (even if I'm there with my kids). Women speed up if I'm walking behind them like I'm going to rape them or something. I'm assumed to be the person paying the check. I'm seen as a failure if I can't provide for my family. I'm not allowed to be visibly sad or upset. I empathize with your lived experience, but still think you might be driving yourself insane by how you react and interact with the world.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1376 on: March 13, 2018, 07:13:07 PM »
Cream do you think some genders that people claim to experience are probably bullshit?  Like not in a sense that you would necessarily get angry or call them out on it, but do you think sometimes it's a little ridiculous and people might be doing more harm than good to acceptance of others who don't conform to norms?  Do you think some people are making stuff up or saying it just for attention, but you don't really have any recourse but to sigh and accept their claim at face value, because all of them have to be taken seriously if any of them are to be taken seriously?

Do you think some might even likely be trolls intended to create pushback against non-binary acceptance?  Like some dude made up heliogender just so he could screenshot it and post about it on another account to mock it?
Uncle

stufte

« Reply #1377 on: March 13, 2018, 07:13:46 PM »

Don’t you guys always  Rail against people who are so quick to call everything racist?  The very first thing you said to me when I came here was that I’m a racist. Etoilate also just said that, so yeah I guess you are like him.

I mean, you were just blatantly racist, not dog whistle, not on the sly.

Cream

« Reply #1378 on: March 13, 2018, 07:15:02 PM »

I mean, you were just blatantly racist, not dog whistle, not on the sly.

Can you tell me exactly what I said that was blatantly racist?

Cream

« Reply #1379 on: March 13, 2018, 07:17:52 PM »
Cream do you think some genders that people claim to experience are probably bullshit?  Like not in a sense that you would necessarily get angry or call them out on it, but do you think sometimes it's a little ridiculous and people might be doing more harm than good to acceptance of others who don't conform to norms?  Do you think some people are making stuff up or saying it just for attention, but you don't really have any recourse but to sigh and accept their claim at face value, because all of them have to be taken seriously if any of them are to be taken seriously?

Do you think some might even likely be trolls intended to create pushback against non-binary acceptance?  Like some dude made up heliogender just so he could screenshot it and post about it on another account to mock it?

I think a lot of people making up genders do so because of an inability to articulate their own personal place on the incredibly complex gender spectrum, conflicting with our society’s tendency to need a label on everything. Are there trolls and things? Yeah probably. But I don’t think many. Trans, cis, bigender, non binary, agender, these are some terms I know and recognize. A lot of the genders after that, I don’t know. I would just treat them how they wish to be treated.